Gunnar/Piken/Riverside - 31/5

in Match-ups

Posted by: terraxilia.8369

terraxilia.8369

Did RS seriously exploit cap SM?

no we go by 2 sides in we with golems the others only for trick you:-) riversider dont be exploiter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harmonizer.4210

Harmonizer.4210

they have a fully upgraded BL supply for golems is not hard to get

Still doesn’t explain how they got the golems past all our scouts on their side of the BL.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harmonizer.4210

Harmonizer.4210

Did RS seriously exploit cap SM?

no we go by 2 sides in we with golems the others only for trick you:-) riversider dont be exploiter

Just saying, there wasn’t any distraction at all when you guys capped SM. It was fine, “lord attacked by 30 people” > capped instantly.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Myrmidone.4362

Myrmidone.4362

I would like to thank GH and all the others from Piken for some nice fight on Gunnars Border yesterday, DTK enjoyed it much.

Greets Myrmi

in Match-ups

Posted by: dikamilo.7519

dikamilo.7519

Pikens should just shut up. They blobb more than we do. Here another example. 50-60 Piken for only 1 kittening T1-Tower, you guys are so awesome … NOT! You need 15 minutes, 3 trebs, 2 ac’s and 2 katas to take this tower. HAHAHA

I don’t know with action on this tower this was (couse there were a few of them – and I dont remember that we built others sieges that catas). There is some screen from our side:

http://imageshack.us/a/img9/4410/gw042pt.jpg

Seems that after lost bay you were very angry, you need a whole border to fight with 15-20 ppl ?

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/1869/gw039p.jpg

And thanks Gunars for helping taking tower

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7562/gw041tc.jpg

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rompy.1429

Rompy.1429

So now it’s become a derogatory term to have big blobs? They seem to be darn successful. It might prove Piken’s individual players are better if they can win despite being outmanned, but they aren’t winning right now. Your personal 2v2 victories don’t get you to win until Friday. So, for the love of god, please stop trying to prove who’s got the bigger blobs. The devs said that there’s too much focus on zerging (and I completely agree), and reading Devon Carver’s blog post, we can safely assume that will change over time. Until then: Don’t blame any server (collectively, mind you) for zerging if you agree that it’s powerful. It’s in the game, it works, and if 100vX means that 100 will survive (and the others be sent back to their respective waypoints), of course the people over at RS will use it.

If having a bigger blob means victory then you will blob.
Sun Tzu said that, and I think he knows a little more about fighting than you do, pal.

in Match-ups

Posted by: zagaraad.2780

zagaraad.2780

Not all Piken players/guilds are whiney little kittenes, If anything I wish the GH and RS servers had more numbers.

A few fights from Tuesday/Wednesday

http://youtu.be/4X9Tn6ULrf8

in Match-ups

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

We didn’t even know it was Piken at first, it was more just “Zerg, run!” we just assumed it was riverside, the golem was never going to escape anyway so just damaged the gate more, it was only after that we noticed it was a piken zerg and not a riverside one.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moturdrn.2837

Moturdrn.2837

Not all Piken players/guilds are whiney little kittenes, If anything I wish the GH and RS servers had more numbers.

Oh aye, we know. Good to see you guys still running around over there

I have been trying to find slaught to see if we can get his very large pink Norn kitten back in the field to play with you again, but no such luck

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Visko Bludhaven – Level 80 Human Elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

in Match-ups

terraxilia.8369

1 picture says more than 1000 words
Here u get ur rating pikens 0 points out of riverside

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

holy kitten when did that happen!?! I suppose it explains why we cant catch up in points despite having more land than riverside during the hours when the sun is shining

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

I never understand why people post screenshots of them reducing someones tick to zero. Clearly that’s a result purely of you having vastly more numbers than them at that time and is no reflection of any skill?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Commanche.3985

Commanche.3985

Nice fights, nice music, nice vid, thx for that

[dw] Commï
DRUCKWELLE
Riverside

in Match-ups

Rompy.1429

I never understand why people post screenshots of them reducing someones tick to zero. Clearly that’s a result purely of you having vastly more numbers than them at that time and is no reflection of any skill?

Did he mention anything related to skill? I don’t think so.

in Match-ups

terraxilia.8369

holy kitten when did that happen!?! I suppose it explains why we cant catch up in points despite having more land than riverside during the hours when the sun is shining

today morning 9:07 am

in Match-ups

Gathslan.1870

today morning 9:07 am

Yeah i figured from the time on minimap 5seconds after i asked the question. ^^

PIKEYS LISTEN UP! FORGET WORK, FORGET ANY TYPE OF RL, WE MUST PLAY 24/7 FOR A FEW DAYS!!!!

I’m not joking.

Have to say out of the two servers we’re facing.

I like Riverside better, much better attitude to the game.

I agree to a certain extent, i am from Piken but dont like to see the constant complaining from us, even if we think we play better or more honorably than our opponents whining about it defeats the purpose.

(edited by Gathslan.1870)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maniffik.4678

Maniffik.4678

PIKEYS LISTEN UP! FORGET WORK, FORGET ANY TYPE OF RL, WE MUST PLAY 24/7 FOR A FEW DAYS!!!!

I’m not joking.

OR we can try to invite more schoolboys to Piken!

PikenSquare — [GreenFire] — Asura Guardian — Squire

in Match-ups

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

GH plucky underdogs.
Riverside lag-siege-blob-easylootbags.
Piken best most handsome.
I also like pizza.

(edited by xiv.7136)

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Did he mention anything related to skill? I don’t think so.

Hmmm, I thought it was one of those standard “haha we got your tick to 0 GG” posts.

If not… well I didn’t quote him so my comment can just be taken in the general case

Have to say out of the two servers we’re facing.

I like Riverside better, much better attitude to the game.

There is something to admire about Riverside’s “we will play the game how we enjoy it, and there isn’t anything you can say to stop us” attitude. A big fat middle finger to the elitest guild attitude you so often see on these boards.

Having said that I do prefer the 25 v 25 man fights… anything more than that and I start to lag. And it is highly frustrating when you gather everyone you have on the map in once place and RS still outnumber you 2 to 1.

A genuine question to those RS who steamrolled our borderland late yesterday afternoon. Do you actually enjoy romping over half your number in easymode capping of T1 structures? Or, like me, does it leave a rather stale taste in your mouth and you do it purely for the easy Wxp and points?

My take on this matchup so far. When they run on their own, the Piken guild groups are more fun to fight. But RS zergs are more effective. Guess it comes down to the fun vs points mentality.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

A genuine question to those RS who steamrolled our borderland late yesterday afternoon. Do you actually enjoy romping over half your number in easymode capping of T1 structures? Or, like me, does it leave a rather stale taste in your mouth and you do it purely for the easy Wxp and points?

I thought the answer was pretty obvious, since they clearly enjoyed playing just PvE during the night?

Anyway, ze Germans knew what they where doing. They took the opportunity to do this on a Swedish national holiday. We cant control WvW every day, especially not when drunk and/or hungover

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Freohr.7905

Freohr.7905

Sun Tzu said that, and I think he knows a little more about fighting than you do, pal.

TF2! Take all my upvotes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

We enjoy downgrading SM down to wood while being outmanned.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SNEEKI.4693

SNEEKI.4693

RS awesome sniping team in action ,as you can see they are not much

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

So… I havent checked this thread in a few days, but it seems it’s still about the same old: every server accusing the other servers of blobbing, when they BOTH/ALL do it. Just stop it already. You all should try staying away from this thread for a few days, then come back. Then you’ll realize how asinine this looks. Makes almost everyone (from all servers) in this thread look like an idiot. Especially the ones posting screenshots of the piechart, trying to brag. Hahhaha

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in Match-ups

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Was amused to be approached by some RS folks the day before yesterday (in RS Borderlands) asking me to go destroy some ACs they’d built deep inside their territory. I decided to pop by just to take a look and sure enough, there were a bunch of folks from RS stood around their northernmost supply base, waiting patiently for me to destroy the siege engines they had built there.

To paraphrase the bard:

“If you’ve hit siege limit I feel bad for you son,
I got ninety-nine problems but your trebs ain’t one.”

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vayle.7964

Vayle.7964

I’m sorry, but why does everyone point fingers about who blobs when and why?
I run my guildraid of 10 to 20 people usually separately and I don’t say a single word about that we get roflstomped by the massive RS blobs or the GH zergs (depending on what name you prefer here) that at least have the double numbers of us, but meanwhile when I am not raiding, like last night, I still roamed around with the harmonizer (xp/karma/pain/fun) train, which you might call a blob if you want. (no offence meant, Harm), but everyone on each server has groups of 70 to 100 people, and every server has groups of 10-30 people, and I dont know anyone who hasn’t ever joined one of the blobs, even if it were to fight of the other blob. it just happens, no need to complain about it,

and when you are heavily outmanned and you get the attention of a blob, you must do something right, that they need that many people to get rid of you

Commander Vayle The Eternal,
Guild Leader Varangian Guard [VG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

that Golden Horde / SPRT raid kicked our kitten really bad yesterday. nice heavy punch you guys got, good team composition, running close together, not going astray during massive fights – i was very impressed. I knew from SPRT of course because they used to play on Gunnar’s, but nice to see other guilds too have taken the vacant seats of the former great piken guilds like Boon Control. I used to see lots of numbers and pugs this week by Piken, being mostly in EB. But yesterday evening on our borderland showed me Piken still have strong guilds standing for them, not just pugs.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Match-ups

Posted by: vanash.2671

vanash.2671

It’s a bit disappointing to see how many people are keen to avoid fights until the odds are in their favour(thinking of an [FG] ranger in Piken BL earlier) or people that add to a nice 1v1. Are people that desperate for badges?

Worst of all is the TIA thief that needs to wait until someone has 3 guards on them to attack, you sir are terrible as you still managed to get downed two seperate times while i was fighting you + guards.

Bit of a grumble and yes I know it’s war etc, but seriously, man up a bit people

in Match-ups

Vayle.7964

It’s a bit disappointing to see how many people are keen to avoid fights until the odds are in their favour(thinking of an [FG] ranger in Piken BL earlier) or people that add to a nice 1v1. Are people that desperate for badges?

Worst of all is the TIA thief that needs to wait until someone has 3 guards on them to attack, you sir are terrible as you still managed to get downed two seperate times while i was fighting you + guards.

Bit of a grumble and yes I know it’s war etc, but seriously, man up a bit people

I challenged a certain GH commander (who is ex-piken) in EB on saturday, instead of 1v1’ing me he brought in his entire GH zerg and made orange swords on me (and all EB knew where GH was heading) (I will not include names but certain people from PS know who I mean)

in Match-ups

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Agreed Vanash, if I see a 1v1 or 3v3 then I’ll pass by … any more and it gets a bit complicated (I only have so many fingers to count on) and will probably wade in.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: zagaraad.2780

zagaraad.2780

Duel spots are good for a raid to build stacks before WvW starts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

I dislike the concept of ‘duels’ and GvG’s for that matter, any expectation of people to be left alone to have some random e-honour fight while in my path is one in their own heads only.

There are no rules in WvW so play it how you want. However if people don’t respect the way i play the game then they shouldn’t expect me to respect the way they play it.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

(edited by fab.3298)

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

If I see a small fight ill generally wonder over and /sit. If they then attack me well fine then ill join in if not then ill just watch the fight or, if ive somewhere to be move on.

in Match-ups

Posted by: vanash.2671

vanash.2671

I’m not a fan of ‘duels’ as such, but if i see an enemy player then i’m going to have a go.

If I’m wandering about solo I expect to meet up with groups and get squished (lol at the need for hammer warriors to mash you when it’s 5+ vs 1 tho ) when I meet another solo player I’d like the chance of a ‘fair fight’ without people jumping in when both people fighting are low health and the fight can go either way.

I certainly don’t ever want ‘duels’, just for people to respect the fact that 2 people are probably enjoying a close ‘real’ fight and might not want you to come steaming in.

in Match-ups

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

I don´t like duels at all on the maps because they make everything so complicated. If i see 2 Players fighting somewhere on the map should i help ? is it a duel or not ? should i let my ally die ? To be honest in open pvp i do not want to bother with such decisions, so to keep it simple, “If it´s red it´s dead” .

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

I don´t like duels at all on the maps because they make everything so complicated. If i see 2 Players fighting somewhere on the map should i help ? is it a duel or not ? should i let my ally die ? To be honest in open pvp i do not want to bother with such decisions, so to keep it simple, “If it´s red it´s dead” .

And that’s why german servers are the most kitten around :/
was roaming today at night and today afternoon with my mesmer. Even 2vs1 is not a big deal.
Get some brain, w8 till the fight is over and then try yourself. There is nothing great in jumping 3vs1 when the guy is fighting with the other.
You can’t stand that coz german community won’t leave kitten border without 50.
Winning with Piken? just because of covarage. You’re just like mobs to be farmed

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

I’m attempting to organize some duels tonight,
8pm BST at GH windmill, just 1v1s and small team battles if so desired.
Come join and have some friendly fun!

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Myrmidone.4362

Myrmidone.4362

devitz is back, showing once again his ‘love’ for RS ;-)
First of all you should Not generalize about RS, as you know from personal experience there are some guilds out there, which are not just lootbags, think about it next time when you try to be funny or whatever.

Greets Myrmi

(edited by Myrmidone.4362)

in Match-ups

Vayle.7964

in the end, whatever your playstyle is, WvW is about putting flags in people…

in Match-ups

Posted by: dikamilo.7519

dikamilo.7519

We didn’t even know it was Piken at first, it was more just “Zerg, run!” we just assumed it was riverside, the golem was never going to escape anyway so just damaged the gate more, it was only after that we noticed it was a piken zerg and not a riverside one.

That was fun for us We killed all except that golem, and guy inside don’t notice enemy behind at all for some time. At the end he escaped, we don’t kill him or maybe some random do it.

So now it’s become a derogatory term to have big blobs? They seem to be darn successful. It might prove Piken’s individual players are better if they can win despite being outmanned, but they aren’t winning right now. Your personal 2v2 victories don’t get you to win until Friday.

I personally do not care about score since at the end this will be randomized in some way. There is no point for me to care about that since last matchups update. We (INC) always looking for interesting opend field fights. And in this matchup, it’s almost impossible to find that. From monday I meet only one single ride and only one time from RS side and that was probably [dw] guild, rest it’s just zerged-ac-keep-blob fight. Maybe you enjoy spending all the game time on AC in keep, we not. That’s why this matchup is boring for us.

cool, this must be a very boring morning, or maybe you like wvw without enemies

in Match-ups

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

You can’t stand that coz german community won’t leave kitten border without 50.

Did i say something about leaving border only when 50+ ? I only said that in my opinion duelers should find a place where they are alone but your anger seem to be too great to see that. If you do not want to get zerged, find a better place.

Winning with Piken? just because of covarage.

Congratulation, you finally managed to understand how WvW works in GW2.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

(edited by draugris.9872)

in Match-ups

Rompy.1429

Due to the openness of WvW, everyone has different goals set for himself. A bit like a sandbox, which is awesome. Some like duels, some like GvG (though I’d rather like to see this implemented as “larger-scale pvp”), some like megazerging, and some don’t.

As such, you’ll have to expect different behavior from different players/servers on the field as all these aspects are merged into 4 maps (+jp). As long as there’s no name-calling because someone is unhappy with the opponent’s playstyle, all is fine.

in Match-ups

fab.3298

Be afraid Piken. The Asura have landed!

Attachments:

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in Match-ups

Gathslan.1870

Be afraid Piken. The Asura have landed!

That is just horrifying….. i surrender.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

Asura/mini night was quite fun. Until we got roflstomped by both Piken and RS at Bay in PS BL. Seriously, I was ressed, took 2 steps, got crushed again. Couldn’t do a thing, watched my health drop faster than a penny off the Empire State building, couldn’t use Shadow Refuge, nothing. A lot of the other people quit around the same time I did.

All fun and games until the stupid amount of lag makes the game unplayable. I have no beef with RS or PS. None whatsoever; it’s wvw, I expect to be stomped regularly and to stomp people. But I DO have issues with lag. If you look at chat, so did a couple other people.

Attachments:

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

in Match-ups

Posted by: General Ragefist.3952

General Ragefist.3952

DTK was not in the bay and the rnds that followed us. the amount of guys that where in bay had to be realy small.

Edana Atreides, Elementalist
DTK | Die Technokraten – Guild Leader
Flußufer/ Riverside [DE]

in Match-ups

fab.3298

ll fun and games until the stupid amount of lag makes the game unplayable. I have no beef with RS or PS. None whatsoever; it’s wvw, I expect to be stomped regularly and to stomp people. But I DO have issues with lag. If you look at chat, so did a couple other people.

We had 70 people in the mumble channel, a queue on the borderland and a single massive asura zerg. We were the lagg.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in Match-ups

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Skill lag is why lower tiers are more fun.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

Fab: I had ZERO issues with lag roaming around with the zerg and going from place to place, had minimal issues with the small scale fights we picked with random enemy zergs. It was during when we tried to take Hills and took Bay twice and lost it in the end that I had issues with the lag-both from the sheer number of enemies and from all the sparkly special effects. I dearly wish we could turn off spell effects in combat. I regularly get 2 fps at high populated events like wvw zergs. Annoying as heck, yes, but I still want to join in, have fun and kick some Piken and Riverside butt! :p

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

/salute to the duellists in GH bl’s tonight, especially the RS Asura Mesmer from [Zorn].
/laugh @ PS Balkan Legion guild, attempting to break up a duel and not catching any of the participants.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.