An option to disable right click targeting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Killrok.6927

Killrok.6927

Funny, I never really thought about this until op posted this one up. Now I realized how much mistakes I make because of this. This suggestion really gets my blessing!

in Suggestions

Posted by: MightyJoeMoon.7463

MightyJoeMoon.7463

I haven’t posted on this because there have been multiple threads about it and I keep thinking…oh they have to fix it next patch…it should be an easy change.

This is the biggest pain and I don’t understand why it’s not in game yet. A shortcut to disable sound and we can’t change right click targeting?

Seems insane.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Patu.9827

Patu.9827

I’ve had enough of this targeting fiasco for now. I’m going to take a break from GW2 until after Christmas methinks.

Thank you for your posts RoShamBo. You have done important job as we all. Have a nice holiday.

If this thread is not in a top, this issue will get new threads.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-Three

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Disabling-right-click-selection-and-adding-priorities-to-mouse-selection

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Option-Right-Click-For-Mouse-Turn-Only

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/right-mouse-button

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Option-to-disable-activation-with-right-mouse-button/first#post84676

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Control-setup

Etc.

So this is, as said, serious problem.

This really needs to be fixed. Game would be a Much More Better. So why not fix it asap. Please.

Vaka Patu – Warrior – [TLA]

(edited by Patu.9827)

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Playing as a turret engineer or in any dungeon that has things you can activate without confirmation (like the buds in Twilight Arbor) can get you killed if this problem affects you.

Since it’s game-breaking for many people even those who don’t notice it’s happening because of right click activation, they should increase the priority of this change.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Karma.1835

Karma.1835

Please fix this problem ASAP
We’re losing players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ciri.8629

Ciri.8629

DO SOMETHING..its so annoying. So simple solution but you are still sleeping. You better fix this or you will loose players.. This game needs so many fixes. Cant believe you are simply ignoring us

in Suggestions

Posted by: Master Ypoc.3765

Master Ypoc.3765

I posted in another thread a suggestion to improve targeting ASAP, because it’s currently the poorest game play feature, without even realising it was due to this..

Well I did noticed there wasn’t a option to bind mouse 2, but I didn’t linked the two issues.

One thing is certain, this has a major impact on the game play, even more in PvP were it can be the difference between wining or losing a duel!
The visual appearance of target marks also needs improvement in order to be clearer while cycling foes..

Cuckoo for Caca

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m glad this thread is still going. I’m bad enough at mobility without losing my target every time I move a bit! The right button doesn’t need to do anything but camera work, imo. Left button is fine for interactive clicks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: inscribed.6849

inscribed.6849

Has there been an update on this? There is no reason to not have basic control issues addressed yet. Some sort of official response would be great to at least let us know that this is a known issue.

in Suggestions

Posted by: inscribed.6849

inscribed.6849

Nevermind, I didn’t see that Gaile already posted. Well, still, this needs to be addressed! Just make it an option to turn it on or off.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

why is this even in the game? what’s the point of it exactly? you already have left click to target and right was for camera so why exactly to we target with a button made to turn your camera!?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kethraveris.6053

Kethraveris.6053

Bump, Please implement this. I lose target so much in the middle of a dungeon just by constantly moving around and then I sometimes have to spend a few seconds just finding the mouse… Not good for those ground target attacks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

So. A friend of mine mentioned today that they were lacking in some cooking materials that I had an abundance of. Being a friend, and having an abundance of said materials, I decided to do the friendly thing and send them my excess.

I then messaged saying that I’d sent the materials, and they said they hadn’t received them. It then dawned on me that I’d forgotten to enter anything into the ‘To’ bar. kitten

However, the game did not give the ‘Cannot find account’ error message. Those materials had to have gone somewhere. With a bit of investigation, I figured out what must have happened… and given where I’m posting this, you can probably guess what it is.

When you use the “mail to” option, it defaults to a player you have targeted, if you have one. At some stage in the process, I must have right-clicked in the vicinity of someone in the bank area, and that lucky so-and-so got the materials I wanted to send to my friend.

So, not only has right click targeting meant the difference between rallying and being defeated more times than I’ve kept track of due to changing my target from the nearly-dead foe I was trying to bring down to a healthy one, it has now effectively stolen close to a gold worth of materials that I’d intended to send as a gift. Not once has this “feature” ever, and I do mean EVER, actually improved my play experience in any way.

Please, ArenaNet. For the love of Dwayna, Lyssa, and all of the Six… GIVE US THE OPTION TO TURN THIS STUPID THING OFF ALREADY!!!

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoShamBo.2618

RoShamBo.2618

Well I was thinking of making a return to the game today after a short sabbatical over the festive period and I was really hoping that Santa had delivered my most wanted Xmas present which is a fix to this incredibly fundamental issue.

Seems I’m still out of luck so I don’t think I’ll bother logging in. I’ll check back in a week or 4 for another look. Or maybe I just won’t bother. Who can tell?

Forever posting in legendary threads!

in Suggestions

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

Looks like the game is going free-to-play soon, with some paid-for DLC to keep us happy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iris.5918

Iris.5918

This please. It’s such a pain having those random target change in the middle of battle. I don’t want to select anything with the right click NEVER EVER.
If you don’t want to remove it at least give us an option to turn it off because this is really ruining the gaming experience of a lot of people.
Thank you

in Suggestions

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

Agreed. This is pretty much annoying. Please make it optional. With cherry on top. Thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: The heretic.1052

The heretic.1052

This please. It’s such a pain having those random target change in the middle of battle. I don’t want to select anything with the right click NEVER EVER.
If you don’t want to remove it at least give us an option to turn it off because this is really ruining the gaming experience of a lot of people.
Thank you

i couldn’t said it better myself

Sanctum of Rall
Don’t feed the trolls
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victuswolf.5286

Victuswolf.5286

Thank you

I have to second this. Remove right click targeting and give us right mouse turn on the spot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: wolfram.8291

wolfram.8291

this is probably my only big peeve with this game right now. not just because the function is so disruptive but it’s taking so long to address it. the obvious solution is to make an option like double-tap to evade. however, i have found that once i was aware of this function i started becoming more conscious of my mouse position and even started learning to use right click as a faster way to attack new targets (as opposed to left clicking then pressing 1 or tabbing till i get to that target). i could see how it might work if it didn’t interfere with camera adjustments, but in its present state right-click targeting is more annoying than helpful. so try actually using the right click for all the things it does that you don’t want it to. it may ease your suffering until we get our fix.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mnwolfboy.9348

mnwolfboy.9348

I agree, I tend to always right click a enemy by mistake just trying to look around. Its very annoying. +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bradlewis.1293

Bradlewis.1293

I also agree, I would like this disabled.

I don’t see any harm in making something like this a tick box in options that we can disable/enable so it pleases everyone

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cato.3547

Cato.3547

Make this happen, this must be the most idiotic feature in MMO’s history, only purpose i can think for it is to annoy the hell out of people.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ziddy.2583

Ziddy.2583

January update please?
Almost unbearable in PvP for target skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

I second the OP’s point. But we’ve got different related problems here, playing together:

• Right-click targeting
  • Targeting on mouse down / up (both already discussed)
  • Non-sticky targeting: target drops on clicks onto non-targetable stuff

Afaik sticky/nonsticky targeting is the established term for this.
Sticky targeting contrariwise means clicking somewhere into the botany does not drop your target. I feel this option would solve the better part of the issue.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

I second the OP’s point. But we’ve got different related problems here, playing together:

• Right-click targeting
  • Targeting on mouse down / up (both already discussed)
  • Non-sticky targeting: target drops on clicks onto non-targetable stuff

Afaik sticky/nonsticky targeting is the established term for this.
Sticky targeting contrariwise means clicking somewhere into the botany does not drop your target. I feel this option would solve the better part of the issue.

No, it wouldn’t.

The better part of this issue is getting into a battle, moving and picking up a neutral target or three, so you are now battling against several targets instead of the original one. Moving again and you find that now you’re harvesting a node whilst being battered by a horde of hostile targets. You then decide that discretion is the better part of valour and run for it and find that you have now pot-shotted a couple more targets you didn’t want to while running away just to add to your pain……

I don’t often find that I don’t have any target at all but I often find that I’m targetting/activating something I didn’t want to.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

+infinity

Just found this post after giving up on this problem being solved. Glad to know there are others out there, this feels like an occupy wall street moment lolz.

But seriously, please fix this.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ziddy.2583

Ziddy.2583

Last dev post was months ago. Can we get a comment on this?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

hear hear!! wait, let me say it again!

YES, PLEASE!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zefram.8945

Zefram.8945

I absolutly support this suggestion, puts me almost in rage sometimes in big fights.
Ruines the gameflow at all.

Easy fix is possible, no hard developer work needed. Thx.

Truth is the average of all points of view.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZeRen.7265

ZeRen.7265

This topic is 4 month old(I guess), 129 replies and still nothing changed, its look like Anet dont care and not playing their own game

I played Startek online its boring game,BUT their keybord options are amazing you can change what you want,Anet take some inspiration from it!

Instead of remove armor preview for all type of armor you could fix this!

(edited by ZeRen.7265)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Still don’t understand why we don’t have this option yet. It works extremely well, even in it’s current state.

We need this as an option. Works extremely well and you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to. I really don’t see why such a SIMPLE thing hasn’t been implemented yet.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This topic is 4 month old(I guess), 129 replies and still nothing changed, its look like Anet dont care and not playing their own game

I played Startek online its boring game,BUT their keybord options are amazing you can change what you want,Anet take some inspiration from it!

Instead of remove armor preview for all type of armor you could fix this!

Yeah. Star Trek Online and Champions Online are boring and get grindy invery little time, but they level of customization is simply unparalleled .

You can customize lots of things, and with lots of options Graphics, controls, UI, behavior of skills, appearance, party search…
Star Trek Online alo has tools so players can make custom adventures and all.
Very few skillbar-based MMOs are as playable as them with a gamepad, thanks to that.

Unfortunately, they are still boring grindfests filled with way too repetitive content that get old pretty fast.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gmr Leon.1846

Gmr Leon.1846

Haven’t noticed this problem myself (mainly zoom way out, tab target (after customizing the hot key to nearest enemy, I believe), and fight), but considering that I can imagine how annoying it’d be, I have to agree that this seems a more pertinent issue than some of the other suggestions I’ve seen. Would be interesting to see some form of response to this beyond the old one.

Grydd, asuran engineer perpetually gathering materials.
Member of The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore], a guild for lore enthusiasts.
The Adventurer’s Log!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Wow. At last the mystery of losing target and locking on my pet when moving is solved. Why in the world was right click targeting ever implemented in the first place.

I never thought to check for that.. as it is kinda beyond my imagining that both mouse keys would be bound to the same function.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

Yeah I agree with this thread !

+1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Pardon for shamelessly pushing this thread up, but…
-> Sticky and right click targeting options please.
Pretty please with a (metric) ton sugar on top. This apparently simple tweak would address the (imo) single most annoying problem in this game.
Some kind of official response would also be highly appreciated.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

Dear ArenaNet,

Any chance of a hint as to whether or not this issue will be fixed in the update scheduled for the 28th?

Yours in hope and anticipation,

RoShamBo.2618 a.k.a. Dave

in Suggestions

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

They promised many improvements to UI. Maybe it’s part of it.

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

They promised many improvements to UI. Maybe it’s part of it.

I’ll keep everything I’ve got that’s ‘crossable’ fully crossed in hope!

in Suggestions

Patu.9827

in Suggestions

Posted by: The heretic.1052

The heretic.1052

Same,
There’s so many people that is sick of targeting system and we can’t get a real answer.

Sanctum of Rall
Don’t feed the trolls
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_

in Suggestions

Posted by: Enikuo.9205

Enikuo.9205

I cannot believe this hasn’t been fixed yet and I’m stunned at the lack of communication on it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I can’t believe this is something that Anet has to review and think about.
Right click targeting isn’t even a feature O_O.

Right click is, as in almost all other MMO’s used for camera control. Almost all players are using it for camera control and in doing so left click is left open for targeting, just as it should be.

It is not a feature to right click and hold and have it target an enemy, it’s an unintended side effect that needs to go away pronto >.>

in Suggestions

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

I can’t believe this is something that Anet has to review and think about.
Right click targeting isn’t even a feature O_O.

Right click is, as in almost all other MMO’s used for camera control. Almost all players are using it for camera control and in doing so left click is left open for targeting, just as it should be.

It is not a feature to right click and hold and have it target an enemy, it’s an unintended side effect that needs to go away pronto >.>

Yeah, I am very perplexed by this as well.

in Suggestions

RoShamBo.2618

Does anyone know what time the update will be delivered today and/or when the patch notes will be available?

If this ‘on right mouse down’ feature has been ignored yet again in this latest update I know that I and very many other players are going to be extremely disappointed and also bemused by ArenaNet’s seeming inability to identify, prioritise and fix real problems.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

can we make left click targeting optional aswell? :P i dont want to target ANYTHING when playing on my Engineer as when it targets my attacks gets kittened up and i have to scramble for the esc button to get rid of it.

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in Suggestions

Patu.9827

Only thing i searched in this update was “Right click targeting fixed”. I didnt find it

It was only thing. Hope it still be there and i just didnt saw it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: wolfram.8291

wolfram.8291

Only thing i searched in this update was “Right click targeting fixed”. I didnt find it

It was only thing. Hope it still be there and i just didnt saw it.

Yup, first thing i’m gona check when my update finishes downloading.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZeRen.7265

ZeRen.7265

and here it is! 4 months next patch and Anet didnt anything to fix this!! as I expected
they changed many many many thing and again nothing happened with this problem

I´m so disappointed

(edited by ZeRen.7265)