Game Improvement - Suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: IsmertIdegen.2401

IsmertIdegen.2401

If anything, remove map completion from it.

This.

Lower populated servers have next to no chance to get 100% map completion, due to other servers constantly dominating WvW maps. Not to mention the atrocious time it takes to get back to a point you died at, since the maps are so humongous and have so few waypoints.
The very least could be to put the vistas/points of interests outside the forts, so even if one server reigns supreme, others can still get the completion.

(edited by IsmertIdegen.2401)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nero.3654

Nero.3654

1. Hearts should be repeatable once a week after complete 100% world map and reward should be add for complete all hearts on map.

2. Achievements for done all possible events in game ( ofc we need check list for this)

3. Add specific dungeon path , puzzle to daily

4. More events need daily chest ( hallow in explorer etc.)

5. Reward for dungeon master in gold for character

6. 180 tokens from dungeons after complete all paths no time limits u can done 1 and another after month

7. For tokens u can only buy armors, weapons should be random drop from last chest and can be sellable

8. Karka raid should start once a day and reward should reset weekly

9. Maps like Jade Quarry should be good for spvp

10. Short way but nice for casuals players – Alliance Battle from GW 1 can be implements as a GVG

11. After events done, molten dungeon can be added as a fractal

12. Maybe legendary weapons should give +5 for traits

in Suggestions

Posted by: hrafn.1286

hrafn.1286

I really enjoy this game but there are a few things that I think would make it loads better.

-Reduce (oops reduce not rude!) the spawntime for active hubs significantly unless there are people there. It’s basically pointless to even attempt most of them if you’re alone because you literally cannot clear through one area and start the next without everything respawning on you and it is terribly frustrating.
-Make minis learned spells so they don’t take up bagspace.
-Fix up the targeting system. I can be facing/fighting two mobs and try to tab between them and end up firing at something nearly behind me that isn’t even in combat. It feels ridiculous.

It’s really great other than these things imo. I plan to keep playing for a while.

oh. also these are purely selfish requests but…
-Make raptors and gryphons ranger pets >.>!! It would be so cool!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Izer.2083

Izer.2083

Why is party chat deleted after i leave/got kicked?
The problem is a few days ago i got tricked in fotm. I think fotm trickery sometimes happen right now. like 2-3 person real time friend or from 1 guild went to fotm with someone from other server. before they reach the last boss part they kicked the guys from the other server to change the other server guys with their guildies.
my suggestion is that can u change the party chat history setting for gw 2?

i really don’t want to add friends to all the people i’m partying with everytime i use Gw to LFG. and if i have my chat log, at least i can blacklist the person in the party. So that it doesn’t happen anymore at least…

And can u change setting for auto log out (when player afk ing) especially in wvw, change it to a shorter duration, for like 15-30 min or around?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kiatch Doomscythe.8953

Kiatch Doomscythe.8953

Only imporvement I would like to see is a FoV slider so my wife can play the game she wants.

in Suggestions

Posted by: IsmertIdegen.2401

IsmertIdegen.2401

I had a topic for this one, but it received next to no attention; therefore, posting them here.

It’s a tad long, sorry about that.

First, these are my suggestions regarding immersion.

1.) Optional helmets in cutscenes.
Guild Wars 2 is already one of the few MMOs where your character actually feels like a part of the lore. Players can easily immerse themselves with the world like this, seeing their character talk and respond to others around. Therefore, I think that there should be an option for helmets to show during the cutscenes. The NPCs still have their helmets on during the cinematics, why can’t we? If say, somebody fancied themselves as an anonym thief, never revealing their identity, it can be a bit disappointing that the cutscene removes it.

2.) An actual use for character alignment.
I find it a great addition to determine the personality of your character by the three traits; charisma, dignity and ferocity. But to say the least, it’s disappointing to only see these get any use in text. In my opinion, during a cutscene, they would have a lot more impact. Of course, NPC lines and responses would stay the same, but the player character could reply something that’s true to his/her nature. A brute character would reply over-excited and loud, a noble character would be calm and collected and quiet.

3.) Recognition of your party members.
This one is quite simple; have a feature, maybe an optional one, that would allow your present party members to have a word in cutscene conversations. Maybe just a cheesy oneliner, or just agreeing with you, anything would be fine. Maybe even my previous suggestion could play a part in that.

4.) Recruitable henchmen, maybe even characters you own/know.
In the first game, the ability to recruit henchmen was a marvelous one. I’ve heard some rumors, but I just want to put it out there, that it should be revived, and I’ll go even further; maybe have the option to recruit characters from your account. Of course not all, because it would be a little overpowered.

5.) The option to replay story missions.
A lot of people agrees that after you completed your personal story, the character is rarely seen in cutscenes, or not at all. This can really disconnect the players from the character they immersed themselves into the lore with so much. There could be a historan or a librarian type of NPC, where you could replay a chosen story mission already did; of course, you wouldn’t get any rewards aside experience, and the choices you made would be already cemented in.

6.) The ability to interact with the environment more.
A good example would be… sitting down on a chair. Sitting upon railings. Lying down into certain beds. Or perhaps, when the character is crafting, they could play a small animation, showing how they tinker about.

7.) Different town clothes for different background stories.
I don’t know about you, but there was always some things about the default town clothing that bothered me. Humans are the best example; a character with the street rat background is unlikely to have such posh clothing. So my proposition is the following; make different default town clothing for the races, depending on their background. For humans, their lifestyle; nobility, common folk, street rat. For the charr, their Legion; for Asura, their college. For the norns, the spirit they worship could be a differentiation. And as for the sylvari, either the teaching they follow, or the cycle they awoke in.

And now, for my gameplay suggestions.

1.) Ranged weapons, and their users.
The first half of this suggestion is still kinda immersion-ish; rangers should be able to wield rifles. A proper hunter knows his or her way around with weapons usually used for hunting.
The other half is; guardians should be able to use one type of bow. A magic-using bowman wouldn’t be much of an aberration from fantasy standards. Not to mention that their current weapons for long range combat – the staff and the scepter – are not the fastest weapons, or the ones with the most admirable reach.

2.) The ability to duel/trade with one another.
Says it all.

3.) WvW vistas and points of interest.
They should be moved outside of the forts, to places where everyone can get to them, even if the map is dominated by a hostile server. This way, less people would demand the removal of WvW maps from world completion, including myself.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tasslehoff.5738

Tasslehoff.5738

Would be nice to see chat history in game. When u leave party – party chat is clear, just change character (character select) clearing guild chat. This is frustrating all time. Please add option to save chat history ^^ thanks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duchess Melissa.2368

Duchess Melissa.2368

I wanted to make a request for Halloween 2013 achievements, to allow for those who were not able to complete, It’s a Mad King’s World, to have another opportunity to complete it for Halloween 2013. I did not know that phase 3 was going to shut down after such a short period. It would be really unfortunate to have that 3/4 progression still standing on my Special Event list and never be able to complete it further. I understand this is a long way away, but I am concerned with having something in my achievements list that I will never be able to progress and fully complete.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Glyconcor.4350

Glyconcor.4350

I feel that there need to be more weapon types in game. Such a sickle on a chain for the thief and ranger, maybe even the elementalist, or a gauntlet type weapon that could be used like a hand-to-hand combat weapon for warriors and guardians like classes, or a hand blaster like weapon for spellcasters. One thing I don’t understand as well, is that if there are bows AND guns….why not the hybrid of the two? Where’s my crossbow? If you have a spear and a staff, then why no lance or spear while out of water? If you were to have a gauntlet like weapon, then why not put bladed gauntlets in as well like the claws of wolverine on them, and also make it to wear you can just wear one gauntlet weapon if you want so you could have a sword and gauntlet or dagger gauntlet, etc. Lastly, if you have hammers and greatswords, where’s my massive greataxe?! I feel like adding new weapon types into the game would broaden the playstyle significantly for every class and allow for more fun and interesting build to be created.

I agree, but i would prefer not adding new weapons to the game just yet. doing that would cause unrest among the other players, because of the fact they with their mesmer or warrior cannot use that weapon. this would cause the sense of favoritism. my suggestion is to make ALL Classes able to use ALL weapon types. necros could use rifles and shoot bone shards for poison and bleeds, mesmers could use a shield to create 2 illusions next to him to hold the line. the possibilities would be endless, then when everyone can use everything adding new weapons would not be much of a problem.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wild.7349

Wild.7349

PvE “rankings” servers. There are server based PvP in the form of WvW, I would like see something similar for PvE e.g. have certain locations/events periodically grant points for holding/completing like holding a objective in WvW. Tally and rank the servers at the end of the week maybe a bit of reward as incentive.

If it goes well it would encourage people to travel to more locations rather than at a small number of locations at a specific times like it is now with dragon events etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pwnzor.5682

Pwnzor.5682

footprints for the dreamer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jurian.4839

Jurian.4839

Duels would be nice to have in game. Than you don’t have to argue anymore with your friend which character is better, yours or his.
And more armor and weapons so you can be more uniqe to other players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torethril.2709

Torethril.2709

GENERAL

- Development roadmap. Similar to what SOE has done for Planetside 2, players really want to know what is going on at ANet and it gives players something to look forward to. MMOs that have been enhanced and updated “behind closed doors” always lost my interest. I ended up leaving those game after waiting for features. My response after hearing from friends that the game saw new features that hadn’t been announced earlier did nothing to make me want to rejoin the game. “Meh, too bad. I’m already playing other games and I’m not interested in that old game anymore.” On the other hand, the stream of updates that we can look forward to in PS2 keeps my interest in the game much higher than if they were silent about what is coming up in future patches. I regularly check the PS2 roadmap, whereas I do NOT check up on old games that I’ve given up on.

- Player Wishlist “Voting”, where players can suggest new features and see the top 20 Wishlist suggestions by players, then vote on which features they want and how much that improvement matters to them (or at least Y/N something, or pick their top 5…) Using this, ANet can prioritize upcoming improvements based on how many players are interested and the resources required to implement the suggestion.

- Able to re-enter a dungeon even if it is “completed”. I DC’d at the last 10% of a bosses’ health (yay for rural internet), and since the dungeon was complete I couldn’t enter the same instance I was in. So I lost out on the completion award.

- Need to have transparent or semi-transparent environment behind the player, so the camera doesn’t jump back and forth violently while in narrow environments.

- First person perspective. There’s no reason not to have this, other than to hide ugly textures, which seems asinine.

in Suggestions

Torethril.2709

USER INTERFACE

- Hotkey for all UI features, such as Achievements / Talents.

- “Sell Junk” should be on the Buy tab as well as the Sell tab in vendor screens.

- Latency should be visible somewhere on the UI, namely in the form of a basic color bar with mouse-over info. A mini-graph on mouse-over would be very useful for anyone experiencing lag spikes.

- Ping the map, draw on the map for Party members.

- Ability to “Store” and share talents / builds in the game, possibly the ability to link them to and from the internet. FOTM arguments aside, people are still doing this in some form, it’s just made more tedius without a way to quickly import/export builds, especially those that players create for their own use.

- Point Of Interest icon size increase! Alternatively, increase All Icon sizes or to have an icon scale, and allow icons to be filtered. This way if a player is looking ONLY looking for that last POI or skill point, they can make the icons very large and show only what they are looking for.

- Player notes for Friend’s List, Block List, and possibly for Guild Members. “Where do I know him from? Why did I block him?” etc. Even if these notes are stored client-side only, anything is better than nothing.

- Possibility to re-arrange abilities on the hotbar, even if only within the same weapon. When playing across several alts / toons, it would be useful to be able to use similar abilities on the same hotkeys – something best left up to the individual player. I don’t really see the point of forcing an order to player hotbar buttons.

- NPC and enemy names on/off, especially with a shortcut or key combo, likewise a show-hide UI shortcut – for good screenshots.

- Battle text toggle.

- Ability to see guild contribution by individual members.

- Do not auto-move characters at the start screen. Allow players to arrange them manually.

- Trading post “Filter by class” for all items. Likewise, a “Filter by crafting profession(s)” would be useful.

- Ability to dismiss a summoned pet… It’s really obnoxious to have to switch out a skill to dismiss a pet – and it’s impossible if a player doesn’t have another ability to fill that slot, in the case of elite skills.

- The game launcher needs to show download size remaining, not number of files remaining – I couldn’t honestly care any less how many files it is, especially since they all get crammed in the GW2.dat file anyway. Why does it even make any sense to tell us how many files are remaining? And why is it that the largest files seem to get downloaded last!?

- Built-in DPS meter, even if it doesn’t take into account utility or synergy. The fact of the matter is: people are calculating DPS by hand, there is no avoiding the metagame math crowed, they are going to do it with MS Excel if they can’t see it in game. Why even have test dummies in The Heart of the Mists if we can’t gauge a build’s DPS objectively? Are the dummies there for flavor? Are we supposed to TIME how long it takes us to defeat the test dummies?

- Party and Guild invites should include a pop-up or at least a large floating text alert (same as “New Event”). The itsy, bitsy, trial-size mini-icon at the top left is hard to notice if I’m in any kind of engaging content, such as WvW.

- Ability to filter AH results by armor type (Light, Med, Heavy), why this isn’t implemented is beyond me.

- We should also be able to search AH for items that have specific stats. Casual and new players that know how to use an AH don’t want to have to memorize a billion blizzard-esque prefixes and suffixes to have any idea what the stats are. We know what stats we want, but no one cares that it’s called the Ravaging-Bezerker-Monkey-of-Dwayna’s-Flaming-Revenge set.

- Daily quest HUD should be able to show more than just 5 quests, since we pick and choose between many at this point.

- Engineer turret ownership indicator, at least for the player’s turrets. Even a small triangle hovering over the turret would suffice.

- WvW needs to have an “enemy activity” or battle indicator on the map, as well as “open groups”, similar to Planetside 2, with a UI for finding “open” groups / squads / platoons. Right now it’s basically a big mess with people chasing after those that shell out 100 g for the icon on the map. Otherwise, activity indicators would be equally useful, showing relative number of players or combat in particular parts of the map.

- Stacking for #checking or /supplyinfo is silly – that should be implemented as a commander’s UI feature to show all within a certain range at all times, if possible.

- The specific WvW realm that guildies and friends are in should be listed.

in Suggestions

Torethril.2709

OPTIONS

- Low Res optional download, to allow for play on lower end and portable computers. Basically reduce poly count of models and the environment, resolution of textures, and all post-processing to a bare minimum. I.e. an optional downloadable pack that MineCraft-izes the game for max performance.

- Save custom Talent / Skill Point presets, so I can go into WvW with one custom, then come out with another. Not everyone’s computer comfortably fits into the Walmart (low), NewEgg (medium), or NASA (highest) categories.

- Option to make loot glitter much larger.

INVENTORY

- Minipets should not be considered “collectable” when using the “Deposit All Collectables” function. In fact, if they could simply be summoned by any character on the account as an optional slot spell (see also: WoW), it would function much better, and I would be much more inclined to actually buy the things. At least make it so they don’t get dumped in the bank with crafting items.

- Color coded bags slots
Should be able to turn on/off bag slot coloring, whereby slots (outlines) and items have a hue to indicate information. Such as equipment that the player cannot wear should be red (including equipment soulbound to another character), equipment that is equipable but of lower level should be greyed, equivalent equipment blue, and superior items as green. Bag slots should be colored based on the bag type, such as those that hide items from vendors – so the player doesn’t accidentally have garbage in that slot. Quest items should have a distinct hue, such as gold or yellow.

- Dragging from inventory to the vendor menu (even if on the Buy pane) should sell items.

- Preview item shortcut / key combo.

- Equip-compare even when “using” the salvage kit.

- One button specifically to salvage gear at the basic level, even if there’s a fee. It’s a pain in the butt to keep having to double click the kit; likewise it should not be disellected if you try to salvage something “non-salvagable”.

- Ability to “lock” inventory and bank items to prevent from accidentally trashing or vendoring the item.

GAMEPLAY

- Give players the ability to replay hearts and story missions. Some are very unique, such as being transformed into a Steam Hulk, and would be great if they could be replayed. If designers feel that replaying personal story quests needs to be justifiable (in terms of logic or lore) then they can be called “Memories”.

- Follow command.

- Reduce pet aggro radius.
- Pet bar for major pets (Epic and Ranger), with passive, guard, and aggressive, as well as attack / stop attacking, possibly with “Pet go to” / “Stay” buttons.

- Allow two players to queue up for sPvP and always be on the same team. This wouldn’t introduce a strong imbalance, especially since I would foresee a good number of players using this. It’s frustrating to queue up with a buddy for some randoms only to end up constantly battling against each other, it eventually has us just leaving sPvP to play WvW or other computer games that allow buddy teams in PvP.

- More gameplay modes to the sPvP as has already been suggested, such as Capture the Flag, El Presidente (or “Defeat the Leader”).

- Dueling. I know that ANet goes to PAINS to keep players from QQing about their class (including the omission of any method of measuring DPS), but honestly people have been wanting this since day one.

- Wider, perhaps MUCH wider event radius detection. Players are frequently asking in zone what if there are any events. Events are significantly more entertaining than ho-hum hearts and it gives players a chance to meet and work together. Hearts are barely any better than question-marks from WoW. I’m sure that ANet doesn’t want players zerging from event to event as a giant mob, which is probably the main reason why the event detection radius is fairly low… So, to compensate, multiple events should co-occur, forcing players to choose which event they want to participate in, splitting up zergs and keeping players on the move, doing interesting things in small groups.

- Ability to block spammy NPCs? I’ve run into a few (and reported them as bugs), where they taunt players in the zone with not only text but an audio file of the taunt, every minute or so… ugh. I can block players, I’d love to be able to block NPC spam too! I’m sure this is a “hard to code” idea, but if not that, then please remove NPCs ability to say anything more than once, ever… at least until it is killed and it respawns again.

- AOE loot. Not that big of a deal since only every other mob drops loot, but it seems to becoming a standard way of handling trash loot in MMOs.

- Should be able to go through or open friendly NPC gates. I can think of at least one friendly NPC town that closes its doors for an event, but you can’t get in. There should be a “side door” players can go through (similar to those found in WvW).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

Without going through 34 pages in this thread I fully second most of these suggestions. Where are our GUILD halls!

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

in Suggestions

Posted by: Glenn.9765

Glenn.9765

My guild is saying there is no guild waypoint system, by which I mean a way for a guild to lay a map marker just as you can lay your own personal waypoint. Is this true? If so why haven’t you implemented this feature

in Suggestions

Posted by: MasterGeese.4756

MasterGeese.4756

1. Adding ascended gear was a bad idea and you should feel bad. Nevertheless, if you still manage to add ascended gear to EVERY aspect of the game, it will remove the need to farm dungeons and such for max level gear. And I do mean EVERY aspect. This includes all crafting professions, WvW, Dungeons, Orr, and random drops. (And i’m sure I’m still forgetting some.)

2. Dungeons.
-Tokens/karma/money should drop off trash as well as the bosses. This way people won’t skip over your hard-worked content just for phat lewts.
-Make the dungeons less linear. The players should make their own path through a dungeon, not be forced to move through a preset one. For example, try spawning all the bosses/trash at once in an explorable dungeon and have players choose which ones to kill and which ones not to. The NPCs that normally headed the paths could keep the same dialogue at the start, and instead of following the players into the dungeon, could simply wish them good luck at the entrance. People with a lot of time on their hands may choose to clear the whole dungeon, and others can clear parts of it. When put hand-in-hand with the above suggestion, there’s a perfect amount of content for everyone!
-Molten Facility did a LOT of things right with level design. Good pacing, Great boss design, better dialogue than in the past (though good character development takes time, so I’m not too worried about this.), and challenging, yet fair difficulty. Whoever helped design this dungeon should get a raise and promotion.
-Trash should be more focused on “kill it before it kills you”, rather than HP sponges. Molten Facility seemed to be moving closer to this ideology though, so I’m not too worried about this either.

sPVP
-Keep working on new features, and put as much thought and attention to balance as you can. A formal dueling system, more modes of play, and more viable builds are all desperately needed in this sector.

Crafting
-Be able to give away low level equipment/consumables to open-world NPCs, to give them a temporary combat boost. At least this way low level crafting mats can still have a use.

Personal Story
-I highly doubt we can overhaul the story that’s already here, so let’s assume we can make additional chapters to the personal story instead, and what they should include.
-Characters should last for more than 10 levels. The only one that actually pulled this Trahearne, and the Mary Sue feeling to him makes most people wish he hadn’t. Good character development takes time, and frankly the personal story didn’t give that to any of the characters.
-Don’t make the story linear. Try making several story arcs and have them intertwine. When two arcs cross, you can decide to leave your current arc and pursue the new one, but eventually you have to finish one of the arcs, with the others left unsolved forever. Yes this will take a lot of development time, but hey, if you’re going to do a personal story, you should give all your effort to doing it right.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xemantha.8904

Xemantha.8904

More things for couples and friends.
Emotes involving more players – like others already said wave at someone, blow kiss, kiss someone’s hand, carry someone (http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2024/16831143.jpg ), surprise someone, etc. At least kiss and carry…
Houses for more people – I’ve heard of some houses so what about allowing more people to have one house together?

in Suggestions

Glenn.9765

Can thieves have abilities while in the air too please? maybe even all classes? but especially thieves. I’ll buy a ton of gems if I see this implemented

in Suggestions

Posted by: Evacuate.5016

Evacuate.5016

WvW – Badges of Honor – with an amount of badges you can buy skill points, like with the fractal relicts, for more Superior Siege Weapons for example.

in Suggestions

Glenn.9765

When runes that proc an effect do so, maybe have a nice visual effect to it(if not just for pve)

Ranger spell where squirrels crawl and bite much in the same way as the karka hatchlings. Playing Crab Toss all night had me thinking.

I would like important and server bosses to have different tactics, dialogue(if humanoid) attack animations and death animations. and I’d like to see more damage on big enemies guys, the textures look great but when we are all hitting them and they look the same… it’s like….dissatisfying

Can you add waves to the beaches? thanks.

(edited by Glenn.9765)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knight.1084

Knight.1084

A couple of months ago when I hit level 80 I quit GW2 because when I hit level 80 all that really changed was the level number.
It would be really good if new features were added that are only averrable at level 80.
Now its great to have features too before level 80 but have more unlocks(new stuff at level 80).
→ New features (such as: new worlds,level 80 special skills,new pvp maps,etc)
→ More power/control than everyone else under level 80 (When you reach level 80 you have more power/control over stuff in the world of GW2)
→ Special abilities across the world.
→ In general…
;; – “When you reach level 80 the game just begins”, You now have much more power than everyone else and more control over situations. You venture more across the whole world in GW2. You can become better, better than all people under level 80 and people at level 80. More REP,etc… Play more and more and get better. Your alt becomes stronger,etc… (than usual upgrades)
Thank You!

in Suggestions

Knight.1084

Guild Wars 2 is meant to be the leading MMO on the market today right?:.

What the game needs is to be more complete.
Instead of buying gems and then using an item to change your facial hair,facial features,hair colour,etc there should be a shop in each city and some towns where you can go into and get it all done there. (now thats when I would really pay for gems.)

That is much much better than just opening an item and using it.

Same example for travel, instead of using teleport’s use boats in some areas. of course teleport’s and boats are good but make the boat move and then teleport you.

that would seriously make an increase of quality to the game and way more gem buyers.

in Suggestions

Knight.1084

Hello,
So I don’t really mind about housing, the bad side to it if everyone had a house then no one may be in the world.
So what about something like this?:
There are only 80 houses in the world AND the 80 houses are spread out over the world of GW2, Each house also has a lovely unique design and size. You could a couple in the country side and others in the city/etc. And the prises very.
BUT THE thing is there are only 80 houses, they cost a-lot of gold . Players must earn the houses by earning the gold (which would be super duper awesome fun because your setting yourself a goal →selling on ah/etc →;;; or half or full buy it with gems,etc??…
This way it won’t empty the people in the world but will just make it so much more kitten awesome fun. It would be amazing, PLEASE GUYS. What do you think about this?!!!!
Thank You.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

First off, thanks for the great game ArenaNet! The level of polish at launch beats any other MMO launch in recent memory. I have enjoyed every minute of play times so far.

That said, there are a couple places where some improvement might be possible. So here are the things I would like to see given a little bit of love.

• Preview gear and weapons on the trading post. Ever since the trading post has come up I’ve been browsing it often for upgrades, but right now it is very difficult to predict how gear or weapons will render based solely on the icon.
  • Load more characters on screen and/or load characters faster. This is fairly uncommon but can be devastating in WvW. Getting chased/killed by an invisible hate train of invaders is a bit frustrating.
  • I’d like to see badges of honor treated as currency. I know this is probably impossible, but WvW basically has me constantly mashing the F button during combat.
  • Helper NPCs in storyline quests should be more useful. I’m probably spoiled from the companion NPCs from another recent MMO title, but especially for vigil storyline quests I often have a small army of NPCs following me around and they feel like more of a hindrance most of the time. I’d like them to do a bit more damage and prioritize helping me a little more.

I’ve got more but I don’t want to make this seem like a hate thread. I really do love the game and these minor complaints do not make me any less happy to be playing.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? I’d like to see what other players are thinking as well.

3/4 of these to date have happened. Now this is success.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ragfell.7594

Ragfell.7594

Guild Halls would be great. I miss them.

The chat box needs to be overhauled. Admittedly, I took a short break from the game, but I still cannot figure it out, 8 months later. Something more in-line with GW1’s chatboxes would be great. Alternatively, simply attempt to make the lists less confusing.

Canthan content. I’ll even help write the story, if that’s what it takes (and I’m a good writer – been told that by uni professors in both England and the US). Yeah, I know – the reason the Great Collapse is there is as an in-joke from NCSoft and their…disagreement…with the collage of Asian cultures that Cantha produced. But it was fantastic, and the story arc was really, really personal (Togo).

Keeping some of the dungeons that Living Story stuff introduces, even as an exploratory mode.

A way to go back and relive personal story quests is great.

Bringing back the Realms of the Gods. ALL of them. There were apparently realms for Melandru, Lyssa, and Dwayna in the lore of GW1 – we were never able to explore them. Finding the lost temple of Grenth (you know…the only non-outpost entrance to the UW in Guild Wars I) to get to the UW, or finding the Oakheart shrine to Melandru in the Falls (hint – jump, like you did to get to the Lair) to get to her Realm. Anything like that would be sweet. If you had to become Weh No Su/Ascended (Canthan tie-ins), that’d be something. We already know that the gods of Tyria, while withdrawn, have been fighting against their brethren – Balthazar against Menzies, Grenth against Dhuum, all versus Abaddon. There’s potential there. Loads of it. Maybe THAT’s why they withdrew from the world and became silent – they’re too busy fighting a war amongst themselves.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

With Southsun update you people forgot to add beach outfits to the gem-shop!
(don’t forget sexy bikinis…)

in Suggestions

Glenn.9765

I think when you use fire magic it should burn trees/foliage away and scorch the earth. The environment looks wonderful guys but its not very destructible at the moment. this would be awesome because you could have harathi bandits stampeding and trampling the ground where they run, destroying things and such. just an idea

Also!!

When I delete a character with Bag Slots, please send me those bag slot tokens i used on him through the mail system. thanks

(edited by Glenn.9765)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ngeluz.4860

Ngeluz.4860

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Glenn.9765

Food changes. Food freshly cooked applies a better bonus that degrades down to the standard value over time. Food too old will rot and apply the same bonus but eating too much at once would make you vomit.

If you eat a lot of sweets you get an affinity for sweets and they will give a slightly bigger bonus, and if you eat non sweets it will be less effective. Same thing with savory, spicy, etc foods.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Temperess Midnight.8326

Temperess Midnight.8326

*I would like to see mounts in the next up coming Guild Wars.
Mounts is a animal or micanical trasportasion.
such as a Horse , large Cat , Dragon , micanical golom , large dog or exedra.
mounts can be capshered or bought in a store.
mounts also can have armor pot on them as well of storge pouchese on.
also are yoused for trasportasion to get plase to place or as a extra storge for your caritor.
would be nice to be abel to fight from them as well.
also all classes can have mounts, the mounts can be mad spusific for each class.
mounts can also grow and get stronger like you the hero.
mounts also can be traded between caritor and are not account bound.
ranger are aloud bolth there mount and there pet.
mounts are differnt then pet sence mounts can be riden by players in combat as well as trasportasion.
it also would be nice to have mount stapling shuch in town or at the hero home and also make mount are colletable.
more bank tabs and increas collectable storge tab
wondering if the going to be a guild hall
and wen are we going to see the differnt dragon introduse to the game
and if the going to add more play able classes and race to the game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jack Pumpkinhead.1534

Jack Pumpkinhead.1534

New hair and eye colors for the Total Makeover Kit and Self-Style Hair Kit!

Preferably bright, neon, and wild ones, like the new winter-themed Amethyst and Turquoise shades were. Maybe a bright green or fiery orange?

in Suggestions

Posted by: RojBru.1873

RojBru.1873

4 months ago, I posted a suggestion that Arena Net should add a cross hair targeting system. I deleted it because a better idea popped into my head on the same day I am typing this. You already have the ability to hold down the right mouse button to manipulate the camera which is pretty much something you have to do. I was thinking, what if instead of doing that, you had free mouse look? No more holding down that right mouse button. Oh, and no more sore fingers or wrists from constantly holding it down. This would make combat and exploration much more fun. In order to keep the auto attack for the first ability, They could transform the tab targeting slash auto target into a full out auto target. Just by pointing the camera in a certain direction would allow the player to find their opponent and then go all out. For area of effect abilities like ‘Lava Font’, the player would also have to move the camera to place it in their desired location. Please tell me what you guys think, I hope you like my suggestion, and I’ll see you in the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Repeatable missions that you can only get if you join one of the Orders.
This way it at least encourages people to complete part of the personal story while rewarding those who have trudged on through.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zayeban.2806

Zayeban.2806

True Auto Loot as it should be!

Or in other words Auto Auto Loot. The first Auto stands for the currently known method, which loots everything in a corpse when standing next to it and pressing the loot keybutton. The second Auto stands for automatically looting a corpse when you get near or are in the loot range of it. In other words, when a creature dies while you are in its loot range you get it’s loot automatically without pressing any additional buttons.
This feature should of course be optional, and could be turned off if so desired.

Furthermore, it should had a couple of checklists, like rarity type, gear type, etc.. So that you can check or uncheck what loot you want to receive.

• Example: I uncheck the common and uncommon checkbox and only let rare checkbox checked on the first list and i uncheck all types but one, plate on the second list. So now i will only get rare items of all gear types, because i can sell them for a good price and all plate items of all rarity types, because i need them for x y reasons, like crafting materials.

(edited by Zayeban.2806)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aemrys.2396

Aemrys.2396

I know this has been said many times, but as it hasn’t changed, I think it bears repeating: PLEASE allow us to filter by armor type when searching the Trading Post!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

I suggest master togo make a cameo to train me how to kite, damage, and remove enchantments again.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dersal.3754

Dersal.3754

Yess Shiro armor would be so amazing as legendary haha

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

1) Bump cooking to 500. Reason? Level 401-500 recipes are longer lasting recipes, such as 1-1.5 hours. Pots/plates/etc lasting 2 hours.

2) Add the crafting of town clothing. Even if they don’t look incredible, it seems like town clothing is ignored until big events like Halloween or Wintersday.

3) Give more things to spend pristine relic’s on OR allow the salvaging of asc trinkets to something like ectoplasm or dark matter. Something…

4) Give thieves off-hand sword… please?! Dual master asked nicely

5) While on the subject, please buff thief aoe stealth. It’s a shame that thief is way to selfish. They really could use more group play options aside from venom share (boon share would be a nice alternative).

6) With all these revamps lately, can zhaitan get revamped? Even make it a new path or world event if need be. That is no way to represent the main antagonist of an entire world.

7) More dungeon path revamps ^^ Keep up the good work (enjoyed TA)

8) Already been asked before, but guild halls and more guild missions. More ways to interact as a guild, outside of wvw. Could add upgrades through guild missions + some currency such as
-wvw portals (avoid LA disaster overflow on reset)
-guild portal costing a currency (avoid LA lag fest)
-Merchants and a repair merchant.
-trade post representative
-Mine, garden, forest. Upgrades overtime to fill slots for various nodes. Limited number of slots with the appropriate respawn time, the more rare the mat the harder it is to obtain. No maintenance as to not be a daily burden.
-Crafting stations.
-Eventually, a mystic forge conduit.
-Town crier, to keep those interested on up to date events(for example, where scarlet is invading)
-Guild plaques, to show off guild achievements (tied to guild missions)

9) More ranger pets to add more utility. Preferably more combo related skills like fields and finishers(blast would be nice).

10) Real weather with map changing behavior (all have more veteran spawns during specific effects)
-Heat wave boosts the stats of embers, fire elementals/imps, and destroyers. (occurs in Mount maelstrom, Ascalon, and kryta at various times). These mobs apply burn on hit during a heat wave (x seconds, light DoT)
-Snow storms (option to dial down the effects) throughout the shiverpeaks increasing the stats of icebrood and ice elementals/imps. Walking near icebrood crystals has a chilling aura that ticks every 3 seconds dealing light damage.
-Thunder storms, spawning air elementals of normal or veteran quality as well as boosting the stats of inquest.(Maguuma, mount maelstrom, Orr, and kryta) Rare thunder strikes throughout, heavily damaging players by a %(an achievement “One in a million” for being hit giving the title)

11) reopen Claw island, allow some risen siege meta event from time to time (news of it occurring in Lion’s Arch near the ships). That place was quite fun, and we hardly get to revisit old memories from the personal story or even the characters for that matter. With the turnout of the Tequatl revamp I imagine day of 50+ player world events are entirely doable and enjoyable if they are challenging and rewarding.

12) Mini pet slot. The “depsit all” button ruins them and invisible bags ruins the use of “sell junk” and selling on the TP.

13) Allow more tonic use in combat like the ghost tonics. Watchwork tonic is cool yet I can hardly show it off because has soo many restrictions.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I’ve collected up by now so many improvement ideas, it feels like writing half a book, if id list them up here, so I’ll stick with just one thing, I want to see gettign changed ASAP.

• Increase Jewelry to 500 and let us make new ascendent upgrade items & trinkets (Amulets, Rings, Earrings) with the new ascendent materials.

This includes:

- Ascendent Sigills
- Ascendent Runes

Their recipes should incluede the new tier 7 ascendent materials, like especially bloodstone dust. The recipes should start with crafting job level 400 here, so that you can get rid of all the tons of collected bloodstone dusts, before you reach with any other craftign job a level of 450…

So the following new upgrades could be then crafted by jewelers:

Pile of Bloodstone Dust + Glob of Dark Matter = Bloodstone Crystalite
Bloodstone Crystalite + Orihalcum Filigree = Ascendent Bloodstone Jewel
Ascendent Bloodstone Jewel + Orihalcum Hook/Chain + Setting = Bloodstone Ring/Earring/Amulet

the same stuff then for all the other Materials, liek Dragonite Ore, Empyreal Fragments, Crystalline Ore

For Ascendent Sigills/Runes.. they take just the Superior Versions and enhance them with Bloodstone Crystalites so that all the other craftign jobs that can craft Minor to Superior Sigills/Runes have to go to a Jeweler to have them enhance them to Ascendent quality for them, therefore that Jewelers can’t craft minor to superior sigils/runes, but at least they could improve them with their skills to ascendent level ….
——

Once ANet will release ascendent armory, its more than obvious that Armorsmith, tailor and leatherworker will get their raise to 500 then too…
But Anet should not let Jewelers and Cooks let out !!!

So it will/must be also obvious that we have to get a new tier of ascendent upgrade items too to make the whole thign about ascendent quality items in my view COMPLETE and thats also one thign why I believe anet said that want to change something on runes ect to give them more interestign effects, what could come naturalyl together with ascendent upgrades.

New cooking recipes are naturally also a must for gettign Cooks to 500.
But I think not only recipes with only longer durations. That would be boring.
They should also get then higher qualitys (rare, exotic, ascendant, legendary)
There should be cooking recipes also with completely new effects, like for example:

• Cooking Recipes, that give you permanently every x-xx seconds specific Boons, like Retaliation, Swiftness, Protection, Might, Fury, Stability for afew seconds
  • Cooking Recipes, that increase not stats, but give changing effects to specific weapon/utility skills for all classes), like increase the range of skills, reducing the initiative cost/recharge time, removign the activation time/letting initiative regenerate quicker
  • Cooking Recipes that have influence on Waypoint/Repair Costs/ NPC gold income when sellign something over stat buffs
  • Cooking Recipes, that give special buffs against specific enemy types, like undeads, centaurs, orges, flame legion and so on … so that you want to use them, rather than using just stat buffing food, together with the potions that are special for specific enemy types.
Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)