Mounts [Merged]

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: kakipukul.4732

kakipukul.4732

If you have mounts, then each zone have to be extend by x2.
I do not want to keep getting down on my mount every 5 sec when a mob aggro me while on riding mode.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

How about ever class have a movement speed increase skill/ability as a standard part of the class. As an Engi I don’t have an always on speed buff, and have to spec for one that involves switching kits every 5 secs.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: PlatinumDice.8170

PlatinumDice.8170

At first I say no mounts because I do not want things to escalate from there to worse, more WoW-like things. (No offense to WoW players).
However, as a role player, I would like to see mounts in the game. Even if they are simply there for appearances and lack any speed bonus. Being able to hop up on the back of a Moa and run around even a little bit faster would be very entertaining to me as a role player. I know some role players who do not even use the way points in the game because they don’t have a solid base in the story’s lore or setting.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Waypoints feel like an Asura thing. Since they have short legs walking would be a bit more of a pain, so the put waypoints EVERYWHERE (almost).

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drake.7952

Drake.7952

I think mounts would make the game more “alive” and immersive, they could reduce the no.of waypoints by a bit and add mounts, cuz i don’t like being in one spot now, and being in another a couple of seconds later, it breaks immersion for me and prevents me from taking in the beautiful world. I would run, but that feels boring and we don’t have a perma speed buff, this is what mounts would be…

And about the mounts wont fit into Tyria for RPers kinda thing… So in a time of swords and shields and bows, rocket launchers, choppers, submarines and airships do?

“I used to be a hero, but then I took a Trahearne to the knee.”
– Vick Frayn- Elementalist.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Refraction.1892

Refraction.1892

I would like to see mounts or something similar in the game, especially when you are farming materials it can take a very long time to get around. Using waypoints is fine and all, but early on in the game especially, you have to go some considerable distances from the main cities to the area you are questing in which can get expensive for somebody who’s leveling; money can be hard to come by unless you are really good with the trading post.

I can understand why people don’t want mounts and i agree they can be a bit out of place, but it would be good to have the ability to run around, almost like a speed boon aura or something.

I guess if there was the boon aura idea you could have a “knocked down if hit” style downside to it so people don’t attempt to use it to run past mobs etc.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: garethedwards.8145

garethedwards.8145

Thank you for jumping and mounts are not required.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

IMO add +25% speed mounts that can be used out of combat, much like the thief signet. They should only be usable in the PvE part of the world, not in WvW or sPvP etc.

Force dismount as soon as you are hit by a mob, this would still force people to take the roads and not skip across terrain. Also, dodge would not be possible on a mount.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: artgirl.6492

artgirl.6492

I would say no. Every game I’ve been in that had mounts was ruined by all the mounted players crowding around the banker, auction house, mailbox, city, outpost, etc. And the mounts kept getting more and more huge as time went on, increasing the effect of everyone in a giant ‘herd’.

More runspeed would be nice, especially as a perma-buff on footware. Lowering the cost of waypoints would be super. I hate it when I die, there’s no one around to rez me and the waypoint that I can literally see costs me nearly 40 copper to use.

Maybe once a map is completed the rate to use the waypoints is reduced by 30 percent or halved. I think that would be great.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Steven.9803

Steven.9803

I’m all for mounts! Besides there gonna be added anyway, because if you look at some of the concept art, you can see people riding on Dolyacks and mini-seige tanks etc.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: HorrorDuck.8415

HorrorDuck.8415

YES PLEASE ADD MOUNTS they would be useful ESPECIALLY for WvW !!!!!!!!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

STOP WITH THIS AWEFUL IDEA ALREADY AND LET IT DIE!Reasons to not add mounts:
-If added to Wvw, everyone would HAVE to get a mount or be slow to the fight and miss out on important fights/captures
- We have waypoints, and thats the end of it.
-Easier to skip over content when you run pass everything. Atleast the waypoint system makes you explore that area and find poi or hearts along the way.
-To Look cool?? We have enough costmetics with town clothes, Weapon/Armour skins, titles,( and if you wana boost your ego) commander buff
-Mounts would just clutter up towns more with fools who need to shove their Dolyak’s behind everywhere so you can see what they bought with thier parents cc.
-Want a scenic view? dont use wp. No one says you have to teleport around, so stop saying it “takes away from the view of the world”.
-If you add mounts, people will then start complaining that they can’t fight on mounts and b4 you know it the whole server will be full of horsemen trampling enemies to death and will just ruin this game sooo badly. (basically, they will never be satisfied if you start this; so don’t ^^)

Please take down this suggestion AreaNet, it serves no purpose anymore.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Decessa.5903

Decessa.5903

No mounts, unnecessary and not lore friendly.

And before someone mentions anything about WP cost…there have to be gold sinks to combat inflation.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hughs.6549

Hughs.6549

1. Lower teleport prices a bit (“combat inflation blahblah is not relevant since people would probably TP more often if prices were lower”)

2. Increase run speed by 10% and/or improve animation “speed”

3. Remove this “perma slowed as soon as you enter in combat” thing, It’s just the worst thing ever.

4. Mounts ? I like them but I think it just won’t happen.

Basically I think it’s pretty fine the way it is now except we run a bit too slow, which I find very annoying (especially in combat)

(edited by Hughs.6549)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Branwin.4609

Branwin.4609

Why the kitten is it that when someone drops something on the SUGGESTIONS board everyone shoots them down?

I want to kitten slap every piece of kitten kitten kittenersucker kitten that sits there on their fat kittening kitten and types “FLAT OUT NO, NO. NO. NO NOT EVER NO.”

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Branwin.4609

Branwin.4609

^ Mostly to see how much I could say kitten

But they said it was something they wanted for a flavor/aesthetic reason. There are no mailboxes to huddle around and I see no support backing up “not necessary and not lore friendly” so shut the kitten up with your bullkitten

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shandim.8694

Shandim.8694

Yea any comment that says “NO” and doesn’t provide a valid reason should be disregarded, plenty of supporters have provided lists of reasons why mounts would benefit the game and how they could be added to ensure that they aren’t problematic, only to be shot down by people that say “NO I DON’T LIKE WOW, THEY DON’T BELONG HERE.” . . .

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

Yes please – we DEFINITELY need mounts in GW2. That would be so awesome.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: LiveSpartan.8206

LiveSpartan.8206

Hell no! No mounts please!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: soulwblood.1529

soulwblood.1529

I don’t really agree with months. But it’d be awesome to see some siege creatures – as in gw1 wurm and siege devourer I loved those!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malganys.9027

Malganys.9027

so if u dont like mounts dont play mmo -.- coz in evry fantasy mmo mounts are a MUST u think all those races will dont have mounts?? thth just suck… i want mounts..! and many others like on all other game if u dont like stop to writ in this post and if anet add them dont get it.. -.-

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jmcdg.8706

Jmcdg.8706

Honestly to all those saying ’’NO’’ you guys are really the kind of player that is annoying.
It would ONLY do good to the game. Yes, NO FLYING MOUNT but for god sake all the ‘’no to mount and this is why’’ argument are EMPTY OF SENSE. You guys seems to just not want mounts because it would feel like ’’WoW’’ and such and you just don’t want to be like that or maybe you’re afraid someone will have a better looking mount? (which would be ridiculously ’’kitten’’ in a game where you only do things for the look)

Let’s completly crush some argument:

1. People will miss the content.

Wait, what?.. If someone pass by a D/E on a mount and doesnt do it, it isnt because he’s on a mount, it’s because he ‘’DOES NOT WANT’’ to do it. Same thing happen when people are on foot, they can and will pass by and not stop for the event if they don’t care. So missing the content isnt a point really it’s a false argument throwed in there without any thinking before-hand. In short, no they would’nt miss ANY content.

2. We have Waypoints, we don’t need mounts!

Okay now the trolls/QQer will jump at my throat because I’ll use WoW as an exemple.
In WoW you could have a mount, or something similar to waypoint called a FLIGHT PATH (it is literally the same thing you pay to go FAST to a location instead of doing the run yourself.. except it didnt teleport you there instantly). It didn’t keep me from using my mount? To come back to the argument of ‘’people will miss content’’ well waypoint make people miss content more than mounts, since they just teleport you to somewhere instead of making the trip from where you are to your destination, thus seeing (probably) lots of terrain/content. And seriously, 1.80 silver the waypoint in high level zones crowded with zombies?.. Cmon you are either really lacking intelligence or disagreeing on purpose even knowing you’re wrong.

3. It will give an advantage to players.

This was TRUE in a world like TOR or WoW or any mmo FACTION BASED where you can do OPEN WORLD PVP. You could just ignore your enemies and run by. In GW2 it doesnt happen since, well you know it, there is NO FACTION. Only in WvWvW it would be a problem (MAYBE) but even there, in WoW it wasnt much of a problem until the flying mounts came by. For the love of what is good on earth, why would it be a problem.

The fun part.

Pros: Offer an objective to people and more achievement and cosmetic item and add
to the ’’hero’’ feeling/look.

Are usefull and make people actually want to travel on them, use them to
explore the game and make them view the content. I’d rather have no waypoint
and only have mounts really than the contrary.

It will improve the immersion in the game for a vast majority of players as it does
add to the real aspect of the game. The argument of no mount it doesnt fit is like
saying a day and night cycle doesnt fit.

Cons:
Really I can’t see any.

THINGS TO NOT DO WITH MOUNTS:

1. Give them for cheap. (Make people WORK for them)

2. NO FLYING MOUNT AT ALL COST, it destroy a game.

3. Don’t make them too fast but honestly they should be faster than someone with swiftness otherwise it doesnt make much sense. maybe 50% speed increase or even 45%.

4. OH and also make mounts RACE BOUND. Only humans should ride horses and only a charr could ride a tank or something. Or make it hard to obtain (a mount from a different race that is)

(edited by Jmcdg.8706)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Batbro.6859

Batbro.6859

I’m just gonna go ahead and quote myself here because everyone seems to have ignored it and is pretending that everyone saying “No” is doing so without logical reasoning.

I would hate to see mounts. What it does is that it creates essentially two “modes” players in the world assume, a jarring dichotomy that discourages cooperation, one of the pillars of this game’s design.

The first mode is the walking mode players are currently forced into. Even using waypoints, you are still forced to walk, on foot, around the world, past and through dynamic events, world bosses, and hearts. At a moment’s notice you could join in on any given fight, hop slightly out of your way to revive a downed player, or maybe just drop a field for other players to use as you pass on by. It’s highly encouraging of cooperative play and exploration of not just the main paths, but the surrounding landscape.

The second mode would be mounted. You’re on your mount and invested in it, either because you have to keep it safe, or because mounting/dismounting takes time, or because you’re just passing by everything else so quickittenhat you don’t have time to care. Joining that dynamic event would require parking your mount somewhere or wasting time mounting/dismounting. Saving that dying player would mean leaving your mount to reach him, because you can’t traverse the uneven platformer-esque landscape to reach him while you’re on it. You just plow straight by everyone and everything in the game, completely unhelpful to everyone around you.

Unless you want mounts to just magically appear and disappear instantaneously from underneath your character with no cooldowns or penalties, there’s simply no way to avoid this issue. If you have to trek back to a stable to pick up a new mount, there’s a time, or even monetary, investment in getting off it. If there is a cooldown on summoning them, there’s another time investment. If there’s a slow mounting/dismounting animation, more wasted time discouraging players from getting out of “mount mode.” If the mounts themselves are vulnerable, the problem is WORSENED as players will actively AVOID any sort of dangerous area, which is where they would be needed most.

This game is built upon players cooperatively helping each other, even unintentionally. Your attacks drop combo fields on the ground, which other players then use. Two players completing the same heart target the same enemies, and unintentionally make each others’ lives easier. A world boss threatens all the players in the area simultaneously, so they all target it together and, through their combined efforts, take it down. Giving players mounts is giving them an excuse to be deliberately unhelpful.

No.

tl;dr: When you are on a mount, you do not want to get off that mount, because it’s an inconvenience to you. This means that if combat dismounts you, you’ll deliberately avoid any areas with enemies, which is where other players need you. This means that if your mount cannot navigate off-road terrain, you’ll never stray from the beaten path to more remote areas where more players are needed, because it would require dismounting. This means that if you come across a dynamic event or world boss in progress, where other players need you, you won’t dismount and join them because you’re on your mount and you’re in a hurry to get where you’re going, so like hell you’re gonna stop and dismount.

This game is built around player cooperation. Mounts do not encourage this, they encourage plowing past and ignoring anything and everything between you and your destination.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vigilence.4902

Vigilence.4902

Mounts are awesome, please consider.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

It will improve the immersion in the game for a vast majority of players as it does
add to the real aspect of the game. The argument of no mount it doesnt fit is like
saying a day and night cycle doesnt fit.

There is no mountable animals in Tyria. Sudden appear of mounts makes no sense.

There is no use to mounts, lore wise. Travel was trivialized thanks to waypoints. Waypoint cost is not an argument, as any animal require constant investment as well.

World is pretty small and packed. Since you can run on your own legs from one side to another in 10-30 minutes, mounts make no sense.

Group of clowns, running past normal players on cars, moas, drakes and elementals will completely ruin immersion and semi-realistic atmosphere of the game.

Most of mounts can’t be properly animated, as they can’t run too fast because of balance and slow running is always looks ridiculous. It will be simply bad animation or slow-mo, similar to current Norn/Dolyak running animation.

Immortal mounts and mounts appearing out of thin air are completely ruin immersion. Ultima Online mechanics are simply too hardcore for this game.

Last thing, which is not related to immersion, but is very important: Devs should concentrate on adding meaningful things, which they already promised, like Guild Halls and personal houses.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

I don’t want mounts. Mounts are WOW’s thing. Tyria is too cool already for mounts. We have Asuran way point and gate technology, the culture in this game has moved past the need for using mounts to get from point A to point B.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Heretic.7528

Heretic.7528

It’s pretty insane how many people think “mounts” and then all they can think about is one implementation of mounts(WoW). Mounts don’t have to be done the way WoW did it. WoW is one game, it doesn’t have a monopoly on the idea of mounts. There are countless other games out there that feature mounts in one way or another and most of them far in far better ways than WoW(mounts in WoW are little more than a shuffle animation, poof and then a model change and a speed increase; that’s not very good).

Instead you could have mounts implemented in a completely different way, giving ANet an opportunity to really be innovative and do something that’s different(like, with a lot of the stuff this game seems to be doing with the MMO genre). They could have stables, where people could borrow mounts but not keep them in their inventory. They could have a way of calling mounts where they can be called(similar to red dead redemption). They could make mounts unusable in cities or certain indoors area. They could add a whole new level of complexity with mounted combat(much like underwater combat). They could implement a new type of minigames like “jousting”, similar to the kegbrawl. The possibilities are endless, people have to start thinking outside the very limited confines of “WoW” simply because it’s a popular MMO.

(edited by Heretic.7528)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

I’d like to see mounts in GW2 for 50% travel reasons and 50% cosmetic. We have minipets to collect so why not hard to find mounts as well? I don’t think anything should change with waypoints since they will be the easy means of travel but then those of us looking for the hard to get gear, items, etc etc would have yet another thing to strive towards. Plus, all the cool armor designs ANet pushes us OCD players to find just for that cool look, why cant mounts serve that purpose? Maybe a +15% speed boost but mainly just to add to your characters impressive good looks.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Raine Akrune.8416

I don’t want mounts. Mounts are WOW’s thing. Tyria is too cool already for mounts. We have Asuran way point and gate technology, the culture in this game has moved past the need for using mounts to get from point A to point B.

First, that’s an ignorant statement given that mounted travel is older than WoW. Also the only reason WoW got flying mounts was thanks to a bug which never got fixed that would sometimes bug the travel griffin so you’d still be riding one after landing at the travel roost.

I wouldn’t say we’ve moved past mounts, if you check out LOTRO’s monster play the evil creatures only have maps to travel around with (aka waypoints) and the free peoples have mounts. While playing that was one of the biggest cries of anguish “Give us mounts as well!”

I’m really impartial though I’ve always been a fan of collecting them, especially in WoW since they had hidden/hard to get mounts from raids and hidden quests. Given the good amount of minipets and the “Gotta catch them all!” mentality for them I’d say mounts would fit nicely into the same system. Even if riding them does nothing but say “Hey, look at me. I’m on a horse.” or for you Asurans (like myself) a genetically altered Moa bird of death, I’d like to have them.

www.theburningeden.com

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: kousei.5914

kousei.5914

We don’t need mounts. We need cheaper waypoints for maps we already completed. :P

This! Please ANET never implement mounts.

Leader of Marked Souls [MkS]
Jade Quarry

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

To be honest, I’d like to see mounts as a cosmetic thing. Me and a friend enjoy RP-ing, and GW2 has an awesome environment to do so, and mounts would add to the feel of that.
I don’t think mounts should have speedboosts, or any sort of advantage. I can understand if people don’t want them in more visited places like Lion’s Arch, but for on the normal maps I don’t see a problem with it :o

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Johnny Whoa.8126

Johnny Whoa.8126

Sorry to burst everyone’s “I hate mounts” bubble, but…

(And I’m not sure if anyone’s mentioned this, I’m not going to drive through 6 pages looking for it)

I remember early in GW2’s production I read an interview regarding the features that would one day be implemented in the game. One talked about the meta event chains, and the specific example was to help repair a bridge. If you succeeded you could get across and find some chest of loot. If you failed you were attacked by something (I want to say a dragon of some sort?).

But the important thing here is that in that article, they mentioned GW2 would have “vehicles.”
And I for one look forward to them. I love on-foot exploring, and I’d like the speed boost to zip around faster. I also imagine mounted combat would be implemented eventually, which sounds like it could be really interesting.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Raine Akrune.8416

I would hate to see mounts. What it does is that it creates essentially two “modes” players in the world assume, a jarring dichotomy that discourages cooperation, one of the pillars of this game’s design.

The first mode is the walking mode players are currently forced into. Even using waypoints, you are still forced to walk, on foot, around the world, past and through dynamic events, world bosses, and hearts. At a moment’s notice you could join in on any given fight, hop slightly out of your way to revive a downed player, or maybe just drop a field for other players to use as you pass on by. It’s highly encouraging of cooperative play and exploration of not just the main paths, but the surrounding landscape.

The second mode would be mounted. You’re on your mount and invested in it, either because you have to keep it safe, or because mounting/dismounting takes time, or because you’re just passing by everything else so quickittenhat you don’t have time to care. Joining that dynamic event would require parking your mount somewhere or wasting time mounting/dismounting. Saving that dying player would mean leaving your mount to reach him, because you can’t traverse the uneven platformer-esque landscape to reach him while you’re on it. You just plow straight by everyone and everything in the game, completely unhelpful to everyone around you.

Unless you want mounts to just magically appear and disappear instantaneously from underneath your character with no cooldowns or penalties, there’s simply no way to avoid this issue. If you have to trek back to a stable to pick up a new mount, there’s a time, or even monetary, investment in getting off it. If there is a cooldown on summoning them, there’s another time investment. If there’s a slow mounting/dismounting animation, more wasted time discouraging players from getting out of “mount mode.” If the mounts themselves are vulnerable, the problem is WORSENED as players will actively AVOID any sort of dangerous area, which is where they would be needed most.

This game is built upon players cooperatively helping each other, even unintentionally. Your attacks drop combo fields on the ground, which other players then use. Two players completing the same heart target the same enemies, and unintentionally make each others’ lives easier. A world boss threatens all the players in the area simultaneously, so they all target it together and, through their combined efforts, take it down. Giving players mounts is giving them an excuse to be deliberately unhelpful.

I honestly don’t know what to say aside from what MMOs have you been playing? I read your paragraph on mounts being a time investment, having to travel back to get a new one, etc etc. Maybe you have travel mounts and personal mounts mixed up?

For example, in Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO for short here on out) there was both. You could take a regular horse from a stable and ride to a destination, later they added fast travel which would trot a few paces before teleporting right outside the destination and trot on in. Then you had personal mounts which you could summon and dismiss at a whim but the horses had hp bars so if you took enough damage you were getting dismounted from it.

WoW was similar with the flying travel to destinations and the personal land mounts before flying mounts got introduced.

Now like I said, I don’t know what games you’ve been playing but that’s a pretty jaded statement about mounts and the players riding them. I’ve seen people on foot in Guild Wars 2 run past those in need which in turn causes me to go help when others won’t. How would giving them a mount change anything? I would dismount to help people in need just like some would keep riding as they would have just kept walking instead.

I agree if mounts are to be introduced ANet needs to think long and hard on just what they want us doing with them. I think in WvWvW it would be an invaluable tool for those willing to work towards them but likewise with everything else in the game it can’t be an overall game changer.

Sadly as much as we all go back and forth on the topic it’s ultimately up to ANet to say “Yes!” or “No!”

www.theburningeden.com

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Raine Akrune.8416

Sorry to burst everyone’s “I hate mounts” bubble, but…

(And I’m not sure if anyone’s mentioned this, I’m not going to drive through 6 pages looking for it)

I remember early in GW2’s production I read an interview regarding the features that would one day be implemented in the game. One talked about the meta event chains, and the specific example was to help repair a bridge. If you succeeded you could get across and find some chest of loot. If you failed you were attacked by something (I want to say a dragon of some sort?).

But the important thing here is that in that article, they mentioned GW2 would have “vehicles.”
And I for one look forward to them. I love on-foot exploring, and I’d like the speed boost to zip around faster. I also imagine mounted combat would be implemented eventually, which sounds like it could be really interesting.

Charr Jeep Wrangler ftw!

www.theburningeden.com

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Raine Akrune.8416

We don’t need mounts. We need cheaper waypoints for maps we already completed. :P

This! Please ANET never implement mounts.

AGREED!… for the waypoint decrease

www.theburningeden.com

(edited by Raine Akrune.8416)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

My opinion: Please don’t add them / this is not WoW / I think they take away from the landscape and overall aesthetic appeal. Mounts were actually one of things i found very distasteful about WoW, et al.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

Please do not add mounts for the love of God.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Raine Akrune.8416

Why? Reasoning please.

www.theburningeden.com

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Why? Reasoning please.

Um.. how about wp? and Asura gates? Tyria’s occupants can get around in a flash already so to fit the lore, well it wouldn’t. WE have plenty of bling to show off, mounts would only let you skip content easier, and clutter up cities, and we already have speed boosts from consumables if not skills.Please Shut this topic down AreaNet or atleast tell the community yourself, that you are not considering adding mounts at all to shut em up about it.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Raine Akrune.8416

Why? Reasoning please.

Um.. how about wp? and Asura gates? Tyria’s occupants can get around in a flash already so to fit the lore, well it wouldn’t. WE have plenty of bling to show off, mounts would only let you skip content easier, and clutter up cities, and we already have speed boosts from consumables if not skills.Please Shut this topic down AreaNet or atleast tell the community yourself, that you are not considering adding mounts at all to shut em up about it.

Or maybe ANet is considering it or isn’t sure what to do at the moment hence not shutting it down. Quite the straight forward do what I say now approach. Also I don’t believe you were the OP of the post I quoted so please, step back and let that person speak for their own opinion.

www.theburningeden.com

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dilann.1873

Dilann.1873

I just quit WOW for this game> GW2 is 100% better but one thing i do miss is the mounts! i dont enjoy having to run every were i want to go! please add in some mounts asap

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

You got mass waypoints, no real need for mounts.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dilann.1873

Dilann.1873

For one u need to get to the way points before u can travel to them> two i would prefer not to have to spend money every time i want to go some were far away and three mounts are just awesome!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

So in other words… You are too lazy to run the map?

These mount threads are getting ridiculous. People who are against mounts are least trying to come up with some middle ground. People who are fans of mounts simply stick with their couple arguments without budging.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: ecthelion.6794

ecthelion.6794

I don’t understand people who are against mounts. The only valid counterargument is that they’re not needed since we have waypoints…

This is true, we have waypoints.

So……………………..?

Why can’t we have both?
It’s like saying, “you already have a mace option, why do you need a sword option?”

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Radthor Dax.3697

Radthor Dax.3697

No. Just NO. If you want mounts, go play a game that has mounts. Guild Wars is not the type of game that mounts would work in. It wouldn’t feel right. There were no mounts in GW1, and there shouldn’t be any in GW2 either.

~ Radthor Dax, lvl80 Elementalist

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

We know you all quit WoW. Stop trying to make our game like yours. There is no need for mounts at all, and would ruin WvW. I highly suggest ArenaNet starts instantly locking every topic about mounts.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ageia.5843

Ageia.5843

I’m really hoping mounts don’t get added. Too many games with mounts lose out on the world interaction that we have in abundance here. Besides, so many waypoints, who needs four extra legs?

I just love that when someone is fighting a monster/group of monsters and having a hard time there are two or three or…twenty other people running by who’ll help. I just worry that mounts would cause people not to take the time anymore to help each other. For me, that’s what makes this game great. You don’t have to sit in town, in a queue for hours for a group to go do every blessed thing.

edited because my spelling is terrible

(edited by Ageia.5843)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: ecthelion.6794

ecthelion.6794

Would you like the list of things that were not in GW1 but are now in GW2 cause Anet stole the idea from WOW?

I have it both in PDF and Excel format. You might need Excel 64 bit to open it though due the number of rows.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: poe lyfe.5879

poe lyfe.5879

i dont want mounts but i really wouldnt care if they added them. i just dont see how flying ones could be added and those would definetly be the most exciting ones. why hate on people that want mounts? there are parts of the game i dont like so i dont play them or interact with them. dont want a mount? dont get one or use one.

Wintersday is for the Charr, also Meatober.