Collaborative Development- Request for Topics

in CDI

Posted by: ferra.9867

ferra.9867

1. Complete redesing of server structure, 1 giant pve server with district a la GW1 and “alliances” for WvWvW separations and matchups
2. No more commander tag, or at least the possibility to show the commander tag only to the guild you are representing
3. Crafters love, no more account bound crafting stuff

[OSC].Guardian

in CDI

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

1) Lack of skill based rewards. Most decent skins/items all based around grinding. Things like Liadri should award ascended gear, not spam auto attack at Tequatil situations. Ways to get ascended gear far too limited and all based on grind. Same with precusors.
2) Condi specs have far too much disadvantage in pve. Especially with confusion being medicore and bleed stacks so low. Level 3 moa has the same bleed stack limit as Teq isn’t cool.
3) Drop rates far too low for mats. No way to actually farm or get T6 mats through quests or skill based achievements. Always grind for gold and TP what you want.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in CDI

Posted by: Nymshi.7091

Nymshi.7091

1) Class balance – Lack of variety and effectiveness in builds.
2) Story – Lack of causality in events outside of Personal Story.
3) Guilds – Lack of guild specific content.

in CDI

Posted by: Monchichi.9301

Monchichi.9301

1. Precursor drop rate (extremely too low)
2. Condition cap/conditions vs. objects (need a way to explode conditions after 25 and on objects for percentage of total damage)
3. Need a much higher limit on collectibles (for as many mats as most recipes require, you need several stacks of things, but can only keep one stack in collectables. either nerf drop rate/recipe needs or extend collectables)

in CDI

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

PVE:
1.Encounters (mobs AI/ group AI/more compelling Dynamic events).
2.Overflow system for organised hard world events.
3.Guild mattering in pve (contested etc)

in CDI

Posted by: int randInt return.3280

int randInt return.3280

PvE:
1. Best in slot- Reward for great effort or a readily-obtained tool to work for other rewards such as skins?
2. Open world/dynamic event rewards- Getting people to go try out the dynamic events throughout the world, which currently don’t reward much.
3. Playstyle balance- Melee stacking with berserker’s gear versus focus on support skills and stats, use of ranged weapons, use of conditions, crowd-control-heavy builds, etc.

Crafters [CRFT]
We do open missions every Sunday night.
Contact Mistoffelees in game if you’re interested.

in CDI

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

PvE and WvW:
1) Class bugs
2) Class issues
3) Class improvements/wishes/suggestions

Especially for Rangers.

in CDI

Posted by: Xiayu.1056

Xiayu.1056

PvE:
1. Dungeon
2. Build/Gear viability
3. Rewards

in CDI

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

1. New level 80 zones with interesting dynamic event chains. Zones that have a sense of danger to add to the thrill of exploration. And while I would prefer that they be in the shiverpeaks, I would settle for NO MORE RISEN and NO MORE ORR!

2. Roleplay, customization elements. Housing would be one, although others too.

3. More elaborate commander functionality in WvW. Let commanders organize players into squads within the game and put waypoints on the map to direct people. Make commanding a battle less like leading a herd and more like moving chess pieces across a board.

in CDI

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

PvE

• Living World vs Expansion – While I find the idea of the living world to be very exciting, I am not totally convinced it would be best to completely replace a full-on expansion with this form of updates. The Living world, as of late, has been nothing but holidays and achievement grinds with no real emphasis on expanding the potential of the game. I’m sure down the road this will change, but no matter how the living world path develops there are some aspects it can’t cover than an expansion would. I’d like to direct this point to a video made by Wooden Potates, a very avid GW2 supporter and has followed this series for a long time now. This video discusses the living world strategy vs an expansion and how they would work for GW2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AidBQxGQsSg
  • Hardcore / Difficult team oriented areas – One thing that has been bugging me about GW2 is there is no real “end-game area” like there was in GW1. I’m talking about areas like the Underworld and Fissure of Woe. These were areas that you needed to have a team to explore and were genuinely difficult to conqueror. They were also very rewarding. I’m not advocating these things should be added to the game, but I would love to see what the general player base has to say on the idea and what the developers have to say on the idea.
  • Guilds – I would like to see more options for guilds. I think Guild missions are great but I think they fail as a content generator by themselves. I think we should see something similar to the Zaishen Boards from GW1 but associated with Guilds (Like a Job Board) to add more incentive for players to join guilds. I also think GvG and Guild Halls should make their way into this game.

Thanks. My hopes these ideas are considered.

in CDI

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

1. Class balance across all gameplay WVW/PVE guards and warriors are in a good place the rest need help.

2. New WVW maps the old ones are getting boring.

3. Living story having a permanent impact on the maps.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in CDI

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

WvW:

1. Instanced matches for population balance
2. Fixes for exploits and griefing
3. Revisit siege mastery

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in CDI

Posted by: incognito.4019

incognito.4019

Hi All,

Recently we spent some time discussing the concept of collaborative development with some of our community. The thread can be found here:

[url]https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development/first[url]

We talked about rolling out a new process in which over a set time period we can discuss design philosophies behind the main components of Guild Wars 2.

The first part of the plan is for you all to list the top three sections of this area of the game that you would like to discuss:

For example for PVE your list might be:

1: Living World
2: Roleplaying
3: Ascended items

After a couple of days we will choose the number 1 topic in each area and then create the threads within the specific areas for us all to discuss, brainstorm and share our opinions on.

Chris

Living world already is addressed and is a disaster. Kill the project already.

1. End game (more dungeons, raids added PERMAMENTLY)
2. Guilds (guild halls, last logged in, gvg) WHY do we have to keep asking?!
3. Expansions, like Cantha, Elona, CD explored I have portals in zone that lead to somewhere but the bridge to that portal is destroyed. Release this content already..

in CDI

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

I don’t think ArenaNet cares anymore, but I’m going to post anyway. Maybe there’s some tiny glimmer of hope…

Ascended gear
I am sick with the way that ascended gear was handled. Acquisition is expensive, time gated, non-alt friendly, not casual friendly and not fun at all.

Broken PvE Content
This includes everything from class balance, game balance, dodge or die combat, boring static boss fights, social acceptability of using exploits in dungeons without fear of getting banned, worthless weapons/utilities/traits, content difficulty, sub-par condition/control builds in pve, lack of an end-game that isn’t gear gated,etc.

Quality Assurance
This game seems to lack a lot of polish. Content is often released in a buggy state. Examples include: Victory or Death still contains bugs and a horribly constructed final battle one year after launch. (I know there are plans for a revamp, but its been a year.) Ranger sword still roots you to the ground when you use it. Ranger pets can’t attack objects like the Bone wall at Tequatl. Typos in trait descriptions: Mesmer pitol skills. and much more!

in CDI

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

PvE:

1) Guilds (Guild Halls? More upgrades coming?)
2) Town Clothing
3) Karma (Vastly under-utilized currency linked with too few rewards)

in CDI

Posted by: Maderas.9741

Maderas.9741

PvE
1: Condition damage. Other people have outlined the reasons. Not being viable in half of the game’s content is a downer.
2: Crafting, and the new gear prefixes. Some builds have no reason to go for Ascended right now because their desired prefix isn’t craftable (Giver’s Weapons, Dire armor, etc.)
3: The personal story and Elder Dragons. I think a lot of us were hoping for a continuation of it, but with Arenanet’s statements about wanting to stay away from traditional expansion packs and stick with the Living World content releases I’m worried we’re not ever going to see the Elder Dragon story continued in a proper fashion.

PvP
1: Diminishing returns on CC. Even with stability the low cooldown knockdown/launch/stun/fear spam is hellacious and turns the PvP experience into a miserable one.
2: Proper Guild vs. Guild. This was a very enjoyable aspect of GW1, and I was honestly shocked when I found out you weren’t including it in GW2. It would also free up slots in WvW by giving the “GvG” people an appropriate place to do so.
3: More developer activity in the class forums. It would be nice to see more developer input and reasoning behind some of the class changes and/or perceived imbalances between classes.

(edited by Maderas.9741)

in CDI

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

For PvP:
1. Class Balance, especially Warriors, are way too OP!!!
2. Guild V Guild, there is a huge amount of people asking for it!
-I think is good that PvP is going to become esport
For WvW:
1.More abilities for commanders
2.New WvW maps!

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

in CDI

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

1. Class balance in PVE/WvW (it doesnt exist currently since classes are balanced around sPvP capture point minigame). Specifically: poor state of Ranger class in all aspects of the game.

2. Role of Commander Tags in WvW. Currently commander tags are widely used in PvE only. WvW commanders prefer to tag down so they attract less people not on VOIP. WvW people straight ignore current commander system, they need something like raid frames/private commander tag etc. Raid frames functionality kinda exists in sPvP but is not used outside of it

3. Dragon content – is it gonna be instanced in the future? I love new Tequatl but complex content like this should be instanced. Currently on US servers no one does Tequatl in “open world”. The only guild I know of is killing Tequatl daily multiple times but doing it in “private overflows” – this is the only way it can be done. I guess I can say that the idea of “hard open world mega boss” failed at least in open world part.

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

in CDI

Posted by: exaii.5326

exaii.5326

1. Ascended items/gear
2. Living story
3. More (permanent) content (skills, maps, etc.)

in CDI

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

1) Roleplaying: Housing, open uninstanced places of areas now only available in instanced version. Emotes, customizable distance of seeing emotes in the chat window. Interactable objects. Merging transumtation stones into transmutation crystals. Options to hide any armor slots, engineer backpacks.

2) Lore: More lore implemented directly into the game. Codex?

3) Conditions in PvE. Mainly bleeding. Too many sources for too low a limit in huge encounters.

in CDI

Posted by: Vetrie.7804

Vetrie.7804

1.) Expansion ( that includes new slite skills, dungeons, more viable builds, new map etc.)
2.) Guild ( guild hall, remake guild system, remove multiple guild thing)
3.) Interface ( PLEASE improve it)

in CDI

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

1) Dungeons: Provide different difficulty settings, adjust loot accordingly. New dungeons, while we are at it. Raids?

2) Loot: make it related to difficulty and not time. Current system encourages farming, as there’s no high difficulty high reward alternative.

3) open pve: provide challenges with varying difficulty, and according loot. Give players that don’t want to farm something trivial 1000 times something to do, too.

in CDI

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

1 The condition cap.
2 Time gating.
3 The amount of new account bound items being introduced.

in CDI

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Game in General

1. lag issues around world events/wvw
2. RnG based loot, rewards for time invested are shocking
3. FIX THE BUGS / GAME BREAKING GLITCHES

^^^
On the bugs problem, your tech support/bugs section of this forum have some very serious game breaking issues being reported, and yet they are not acknowledged, you say you read them but really who knows, if someone posts that the TP is broken your all over that like a rash because its $$ but when someone links something in chat and crashes an entire boarderland in WvW its a yea we will look into it at some point, the out of memory error is another game breaking bug, I don’t believe that if this game was tested right that not 1 single person from your entire test team didn’t get this bug.

Honestly if I was looking at this game forum before buying it, and came across that bug section/ tech support and see that no dev’s etc where replying to most topics, I would avoid the game like the plague……..If people cannot play your game, why would they buy it, and or introduce friends to it….think about it.

in CDI

Posted by: Terin.2657

Terin.2657

1. Leveling

Leveling feels just a tad directionless, and given how exciting the bi-weekly events are, it’s easy to get swept away with content you really shouldn’t be focused on.

2. Transmuting

It seems like there is a lot of room for user-error, such as accidentally destroying or selling an item with a totally unique appearance. Would be nice to have a “Collections-tab for item-graphics”, perhaps a Wardrobe?

3. Living World events

As someone who has missed several events because of poor timing, I’m curious if you could provide some insight as to what you intentions are with future updates? How do you weigh what content will return, and what will remain exclusive to that specific year?

in CDI

Posted by: ozma.3498

ozma.3498

1. Raiding/implementing some form of true end-game (even if 5-man).
2. State of the current dungeons.
3. Reward systems.

in CDI

Posted by: Lheimroo.2947

Lheimroo.2947

1: The ascended gear grind.

With the addition of six more gear slots of various stat combinations to craft, how bad is it going to be allowed to get before I throw my hands up in disgust?

2. Alt unfriendliness.

There’s a lot of stuff that’s not character bound, but some of the stuff that is is just spiteful about it.

3. Condition damage not playing well with others.

Or why Berserker isn’t being nerfed yet.

in CDI

Posted by: Never.8147

Never.8147

1. RP. I want to be able to scrawl down the fact that my character is wearing an altered outfit ICly, but have others be able to see it too! Think MRP from WoW, but you could also put in links to reference sheets, themesongs, if you wanted too…

2. Housing. As I am a very scatterbrained High-functioning Autistic, I don’t know if I’ll be able to have a not-tiny house IRL, or even if I’ll ever be able to move out on my own. Having a house in GW2 would certainly help the pain of not knowing if I’ll ever be able to live on my own.

3. Bleed Stacks. Make them stack infinitely on anything above normal, non-veteran mobs, and I might have a reason to go Condition Damage…

Heemi – Asura Necromancer

in CDI

Posted by: Mew.9824

Mew.9824

1. Time gating
2. Diminishing Returns
3. Better system for character customization (like a wardrobe)

in CDI

Posted by: emanueldst.8049

emanueldst.8049

1- New dungeons/dungeons paths or at least a hard mode for existing dungeons , that would reward with special tokens to buy ascended crap (armor , weapons, trinkets)
2- New weapon skills , so we can change them as if they were utilitys and please revamp or remove certain utilitys as there are many that are just uselles or doesnt match up with what other classes have to offer.
3- Stop once and for all the boring content that has players joining in a zerg to run around the map mindlessly killing things…. its boring!!! Release content so that you can actually party up with a grooup of 5 to 10 players and try to kill a hard boss or something , getting beaten up 10 times if necessary in order to succeed, i really find mega bosses/temples a really boring thing… main reason i have a hard time getting dragonite =/

in CDI

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

General

• Alt-hate: gear grind, boring leveling, unlocking everything over
  • Monetisation: everything is about money or another currency in this game

PvE:

• Farming issues – champions, world bosses, temples
  • Living world – ‘garbage content’
  • Roleplaying & jumping puzzles – far too little

WvW:

• Ascended gear – pay to win unbalances competition
  • Skill lagg – makes certain parts unplayable (especially in EB)
  • Leagues – reward blobbing servers
Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

in CDI

Posted by: Sweep.9670

Sweep.9670

PvE
1. Solo Dungeons (pretty pls?)
2. Housing (would be fun to have’em)
3. Assignments reward sytem improvements
3,5. More permanent content!!!

PvP
1. Open world dueling
2. Ditto
3. Ditto

in CDI

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

1) bring pvp into pve https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/APB-style-pvp-into-GW2-pve/first#post3056805
2) aerial content will make the game complete together with the existing land and underwater content
3) day and night difference

(edited by Ronah.2869)

in CDI

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

1) Guild Halls/Player housing
I spent a lot of hours just building in City of Heroes. In the end; I was throwing inf at the conversion system because I had so much. I like to build and was even taking on other bases that I could pride myself in helping build for others. Currently I get that fix out of minecraft and GW2 players get into an uninstanced Salma for their RP needs.

I’d like to be able to build keeps or locations for GW2 as well

2) Living Story improvements
I can’t really enjoy them for two reasons. First the rotation in-and-out means I find it hard to do them because second they can be difficult to solo.

I actually enjoy story but I enjoy it more when I can take my time and read it all in. I’d also like to see more ‘real-world’ permanance to these events. When the Molten Alliance was beaten; an odd facility added here and there to the world map to show that it happened (just like the Aetherblade JP in Gendarren Fields).

Failing that; I’d like to be able to replay the content even it didn’t come with the rewards similar to the City of Heroes Ouroboros system. It could even be another avenue for a new ally/enemy group to integrate into the world.

3) More to do with Professions besides Legendary/Ascended
When I first picked my professions I picked Tailor as one as I presumed it would allow me to make town clothes. I was a little disappointed when I found out it didn’t and that the only new ones you could get had to be bought from the Gemstore. It’d be nice if there were some plain items available through crafting or if we could build our own tools as well (why can we harvest copper ore but not make a copper axe/sickle/pick?).

Another thing is if they could become account-wide progress. If we get 400/500 in a discipline on one character it would be nice if other alts could either earn it themselves or buy into that craft’s progress for an extra fee from the account-wide progress.

in CDI

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

1. Expansion-type content
I’d love to see GW2 adding more areas, particularly Elona and Cantha themed. This game has enough gimmick content already, we really don’t need more crab tossing and costume brawling type of stuff at this point. I’d soooo love to have new places to explore, for exploration is what made GW2 so awesome. To be honest, while I don’t mind some jumping puzzles in the game for those who love that sort of thing, but if I wanted to play a platformer, I’d go play Tomb Raider! In the end – despite I am really amazed with the frequency of patches, GW2 has added remarkable little actual (permanent) MMORPG content. Time to develop what’s actually the core game!

2. Gear design choices and customization
GW2 needs a lot, and I mean a LOT more variety in gear design. Instead of yet another trenchcoat for rangers and yet another robe for mages. I do like some of the designs, but I am really unhappy with the near total absence of choice. In MMOs, I like to have an actual choice what I am wearing. Give us pants, skirts of various length, blouses, shirts. All of it! And while we’re at it we need a gear customization system that’s not totally horrible (unlike the one in place). Do away with those silly transmutation stones that effectively prevent me from using more than one look on a character ever (I really, really don’t want to craft 10 berserker sets just to be able wear all the armour skins I collected in a game that’s mostly about collecting skins!). Give us costume/appearance slots like the ones other games have and allow us to put any skin in there, including town clothes. Actually just copy what Rift did. Because that works.

3. (customizable) Player housing.
Let us buy homes, cottages, and hideouts and furnish them with all sort of collectibles! It’s fun. And while I personally don’t care about it due to being unguilded, I guess guilds finally want their halls, too.

Tarnished Coast

in CDI

Posted by: Agent.3709

Agent.3709

1) More Maps (Also Cantha!)
2) More Skills
3) Less Randomness
Randomness in how PvE events occur, Mystic Forge, Black lion chest, fractal chests, etc.
The only thing I would really say that doesn’t suffer from randomness is dungeons.

I would also request you guys to go back to one month updates as lately the patches seem to be more quantity over quality and I would rather it be the other way. Thanks for listening to our feedback!

in CDI

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

1: New armor skins (beyond ascended)
2: PvE skins wardrobe (similar to how PvP locker works)
3: Mystic Forge recipe to utilize (stacks of) useless Transmutation Stones.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

in CDI

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

can mods maybe edit the OP to say when this is closing?

topic 1)Rewards

related points:
DR, RNG, time gating, once per account per day, gather 10,000- 100,000 X to trade for a skin or mini, grind X till its nerfed to become more tedious, non viable alt gearing

topic 2) Endgame progression design

related points:
ascended+ future tiers, vertical vs horizontal progression, play the way you want vs play how you tell me; one build on one class doing vacuous temporary content before its gone, and farming gold to mitigate rng to get items that will never return odd choices in account based or character based progression ie wvw ranks, fractal levels, spvp rank etc

3)Consistency in manifesto/current aims

related points:
i actually have no idea where this game is heading, every single statement made pre launch about the type of game this would be and what the devs plans for it were seems to have been thrown out, what are the plans now?, where will we be in 5 years? is all content going to be replaced like the TA path with “new versions” making the size of the game the same? is currently broken content going to be fixed, there are several well known dungeon exploits that haven’t been fixed in a year, why is that ok compared to other exploits?

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

in CDI

Posted by: dukevonart.2691

dukevonart.2691

PvE

1) Conditions: How they stack, what applies them, how much damage they do in comparison to power builds, and what they don’t apply to.

2) Class Balance: How are mechanics holding up to what they were intended to be. How are traits matching up to mechanics?

3) Dungeons: The trinity of damage, support, and control seems to weighted towards damage and control seems to mostly fall under pulling and reflects. Thoughts on this in general and whether there are any plans or ideas that could change this.

(edited by dukevonart.2691)

in CDI

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

Hi All,

Recently we spent some time discussing the concept of collaborative development with some of our community. The thread can be found here:

[url]https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development/first[url]

We talked about rolling out a new process in which over a set time period we can discuss design philosophies behind the main components of Guild Wars 2.

The first part of the plan is for you all to list the top three sections of this area of the game that you would like to discuss:

For example for PVE your list might be:

1: Living World
2: Roleplaying
3: Ascended items

After a couple of days we will choose the number 1 topic in each area and then create the threads within the specific areas for us all to discuss, brainstorm and share our opinions on.

Chris

1. Ascended gear, or more broadly “time = power.” It takes a whole lot of time to get max stats, and it really shouldn’t. That is by far my #1 complaint. Can I vote for that three times?

If I had to pick a second:
2. Zerging and stacking. I’d like to see things done so the most mindless way of playing isn’t very effective.

And maybe a third:
3. Enemy behavior. Can we have it more interesting? Most monsters are slow and use very few skills. If they’re a threat it’s often only because of their inflated hp and outgoing damage. Why not give them player skills and some more smarts?

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

in CDI

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

1. In-game survey. I think it could work really well, and without disturbing gameplay.
    Please find the details in this thread: Unintrusive in-game survey
  2. Player housing. I still think Mad Queen Malafide’ idea of slap-on doors kicks total bottom, and I’d be happy to discuss ides around player housing lots and lots.

in CDI

Posted by: Sir Boldninja.5976

Sir Boldninja.5976

PVE:
1)Continually progressing world in order to supplement change in the game.
2)More maps to explore in the world.
3)Player Housing.

in CDI

Posted by: elius.4056

elius.4056

1: Stat progression
2: Permanent content
3: Enemy AI

in CDI

Posted by: Syndrilious.9632

Syndrilious.9632

1: Drop Rates/ RNG – Drop rates on all items across the board need adjusting, especially precursors and ascended items/mats. Material drop rates need massively adjusted, it’s nearly impossible to farm some mats. RNG needs removed from all drops, chests or monster or collection. Fixing this actually takes care of the gear grind complaints, i.e. mats are more readily available, therefor items are easy to get, even for casuals. This also includes Risk vs Reward for boss, temple, event, and dungeon drops. Many events are not worth the effort put into them. Temporary content drop rates should be higher.

2: Living Story – Living Story needs to be slowed. If you guys don’t want to do expansions, then you need to slow the Living Story release, and make them feel more akin to expansions (permanent content, more polished, more story. The living story isn’t really changing the world that much). The temporary content is nice some times, but the pacing is ridiculous. More Quality Assurance on Living Story additions, and in general, is needed, some events are terribly buggy.

3: Balance – This covers everything from the condition cap, which massively nerfs condition builds, especially in PvE content, to PvE vs PvP vs WvWvW profession balancing, you have to seperate the 3 areas, and skills balanced for wvwvw will not be balanced, or balance-able, in PvE or PvP. To monster vs player difficulty across the board.

(edited by Syndrilious.9632)

in CDI

Posted by: Elessar Iso.9675

Elessar Iso.9675

1. More Alt friendly
- More Account Bound items, so all Alt could use them too.

2. Guild Halls
- Guild Halls services would be “Buy” by Guild influence. Services could be: Merchant, Grafting stations, Guild Bank, Bank, TP services, Access to WvW and so on.

3. Wardrobe
- Wardrobe could have two separative sections. One for Armors and one for Town Clothes. Easy access to wardrobe from UI that character can change armor where ever he/she is.

It is nice to be important but more important to be nice.

in CDI

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

1: Condition Damage caps. I love the idea of Condi damage, but the caps (and duration stacking on things like Poison) really make them useless for so much of the existing content. There needs to be some method for dozens of condition characters to be stacking poisons and bleeds and burns on a single enemy, and having each of them count as if they were the only one around. A Condi-Necro dealing a 100dps over 10s condition should deal the full 1000 damage just as surely as a Zerker-Warrior dealing 1000 damage in a single swing.

2: World/Story progress. When will we be getting more large scale open world zones? A few dungeons are nice, but I want Caledon Forest size zones added at least one per six month period, advancing our progress across the world. We also need to be moving towards the next Elder Dragon ASAP.

3. Precursors. I want one (several, actually), I don’t want to spend a fortune to get it. I want there to be a way that through a reasonable amount of direct, non-RNG effort, I can earn the exact Prescursor I want without spending a copper in the process. It should be an epic quest, not a luxury good.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in CDI

Posted by: Thaldaar.1935

Thaldaar.1935

1. Class balance for PVE
2. Living World: Less AP oriented and more focus on story, lore and immersion
3. Horizontal progression (skills/traits)

Sorry for my English…

in CDI

Posted by: drwolf.5619

drwolf.5619

1. RNG, get rid of it. getting a precursor should involve skill, not randomness
2. Player housing and guild halls
3. more unique weapons and armor skins, bound to specific bosses.

in CDI

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

1) Expanding beyond where we are now in the world. IE, going to Cantha, Elona, and other iconic regions.

in CDI

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

1) Risk/Reward, aka Zerg vs Dungeon / World Boss. Related to grind and RNG issues stated throughout the thread.

2) Class balance in PvE. If possible it should not be tied to PvP systems. This is also related to issues concerning the Conditions system. Also consider modifying traits/skills scaling to be affected by stat sets other than Berserker.

3) Ways to encourage server balance outside of WvW rankings. The two are tied together – People want to gather with other people, but more and more people jump to higher WvW tiers (even the PvE folks) because the PvE maps are more populated by default. Very Bad cycle here. This is tied to better QoL changes for Guilds (i.e. offer guild leader to transfer guild infrastructure including bonuses/bank).

As a possible aside, consider either creating a Volunteers group (who help new players) or encourage/promote such guilds. I hung out a lot with the Guild of Greeters in Uru Live (aka Myst Online) and that group worked well because Cyan promoted and accepted them (plus they stayed neutral in divisive discussions). Eve Online does similar promoting for helper groups like the Ivy League (Eve Uni) and Red Vs Blue.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)