in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

[Bug] Lupicus Necrid Bolt hits in melee

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

We’re still waiting…

Welcome to the fast-paced world of GW2 player support!

Posted by: tramwajarz.2369

tramwajarz.2369

Don’t be so snarky. Maybe devs are trying to get to the Lupicus and check what’s happening but pugs keep kicking them for not being zerk?

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Don’t be so snarky. Maybe devs are trying to get to the Lupicus and check what’s happening but pugs keep kicking them for not being zerk?

Well Sir, you made a good day even better for me.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

I think its far more likely that in trying to solo Lupicus to test phase 2 and 3 for this bug. The pistol/pistol thief forgot to unlock Ricochet due to the new trait unlock system and is dying to the locust and occasional hunters being spawned.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

or for playing necro

dlonie.6547

I’m actively checking on this today. Thank you for your continued patience.

I guess the team is ignoring you, too? :-(

I’ll never understand why it’s so difficult for anyone to simply say whether a major change in behavior is intentional and whether it will be reverted or not. Is it really too much to ask?

Titanimite.2534

I’ll never understand why it’s so difficult for anyone to simply say whether a major change in behavior is intentional and whether it will be reverted or not. Is it really too much to ask?

Seriously, how long does it take to say “yes we meant to do that” or “I didn’t even know Lupicus changed and ask around”

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

This is going to be like the vote kick change. A few months of “I’ll get back to you” before a change goes in randomly with no word back whatsoever. It’s not a huge deal but I wish we could at least have a “The developers told me what happened was ‘x’, they are planning to do ‘y’, I can’t give you a time but it’s on their short list of bug fixes.”

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Titanimite.2534

This is going to be like the vote kick change. A few months of “I’ll get back to you” before a change goes in randomly with no word back whatsoever. It’s not a huge deal but I wish we could at least have a “The developers told me what happened was ‘x’, they are planning to do ‘y’, I can’t give you a time but it’s on their short list of bug fixes.”

Exactly, it’s not the fact it got messed up. Sure its annoying but I’m not mad about that. I’m mad that they won’t reply and let us know if it was intended or not and the fact they stuff like this doesn’t make it into patch notes on purpose meaning we have to keep guessing if it was fixed or not and test everything after every patch.

I am a Software Developer and I understand not everything is an instant fix and things can be more complicated than they appear. But we didn’t really ask for one, just if it was intend or not and if they will look into it.

Tl;Dr We need more communication from the ArenaNet team.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Seriously, how long does it take to say “yes we meant to do that” or “I didn’t even know Lupicus changed and ask around”

I second that.
How big does this thread have to be?

tramwajarz.2369

My guess is the Lupi change appeared due to hit box bug some players report in other places like living story boss at the end of the season. What I can’t understand is why they can’t simple answer that it’s a bug and that they’re going to fix it. For me their creditibility at this point is very low, they act like they have no idea what happened and how to fix it.

dlonie.6547

Or Alphard’s bug. Back when she was broken I actually got an infraction for daring to ask a direct question addressed to the dev team in a polite, friendly way. Hopefully that nonsense doesn’t start up again.

Let’s remember how that went: several months of people asking “is this intentional or not?”, no reply, and then one day it was magically fixed.

Gaile, you remember all of the communication threads, right? This is the sort of thing we’re talking about. Talk to us like people, engage in discussions, let us know what’s going on. As long as there are major bugs that go unacknowledged for months, you can’t seriously believe that there is an acceptable level of communication here by any standard.

tramwajarz.2369

They don’t even read this thread, why bother asking.

Titanimite.2534

And yet another day of hmm…nothing what a surprise

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Or Alphard’s bug. Back when she was broken I actually got an infraction for daring to ask a direct question addressed to the dev team in a polite, friendly way. Hopefully that nonsense doesn’t start up again.

Let’s remember how that went: several months of people asking “is this intentional or not?”, no reply, and then one day it was magically fixed.

Gaile, you remember all of the communication threads, right? This is the sort of thing we’re talking about. Talk to us like people, engage in discussions, let us know what’s going on. As long as there are major bugs that go unacknowledged for months, you can’t seriously believe that there is an acceptable level of communication here by any standard.

guess what happened when they tried communicating? when regina wanted a bunch of threads about the different dungeons? a whole bunch of “omg why have you guys ignored us, let’s get our circlejerk together and flame the ANet staff”.

i’m not defending their practice and saying it is acceptable, but there’s good reason they don’t communicate.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Thats the main reason i never participate in those demand answers threads. It doesnt get us anywhere and it certainly doesnt make our community look good.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

guess what happened when they tried communicating? when regina wanted a bunch of threads about the different dungeons? a whole bunch of “omg why have you guys ignored us, let’s get our circlejerk together and flame the ANet staff”.

i’m not defending their practice and saying it is acceptable, but there’s good reason they don’t communicate.

You mean the ones that started with a bit of “this is pointless” ended with a ton of information and then disappeared proving the “this is pointless” people quite correct? yeah…

Posted by: Sloth.8729

Sloth.8729

Gaile Gray plz save us

Limitless |

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Are you saying that because crowd of hundreds flamed the staff, they refuse to give their paying customers 1 short forum post stating how things are?

Something like “changes to back-end code caused this, we are aware and are looking into it”.
So much hassle.
But I guess they are too offended by last attempt to communicate with the community? Not.

They are probably very busy with expansion and everything around it. But then again, they are probably always very busy…

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I totally understand if they don’t want to engage, but if they community manager is saying things like “I’ll check on this” “I’m actively looking into this” “I’ll get back to you”, etc, it usually implies they will, you know, get back to us. Just like some indication that the relevant developers understand what the change was, and maybe a rough idea of how they want to handle the situation.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

They seem to be running some sort of perma-vigor build with Energy Sigils and Runes of the Adventurer. Maybe if we keep bumping the thread, they’ll run out of endurance and one of our questions will land.

I’m lame.

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

No. What we need to do is pick up this thread, and move it over to the general subforum. Then it’ll get noticed.

Attachments:

Titanimite.2534

Even if it moved to the sub-forum its dungeon related and will be ignored. We are the outcasts of the community apparently. We just want a freakin answer for kittens sake.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Man, everyone’s so impatient. It’s only been 26 days since Gaile first posted:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Bug-Lupicus-Necrid-Bolt-hits-in-melee/page/2#post4938386

and 10 days since she posted her update:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Bug-Lupicus-Necrid-Bolt-hits-in-melee/page/4#post4980727

She’ll come in with an answer any time now. Right?

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Chill ples ples ples ples

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

Well, we can all still enjoy the challenge for a while. If you recall how long it took them to ’’fix’’ Alphard.

Just another Arah veteran

spoj.9672

Not all. I cant enjoy soloing lupi on necro while this is still in effect. :P

Unless I want to camp holding crystals.

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

So we will get an update to her update in a weeks time! Hype!

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

I want to see a crystal only solo vid soooooo bad. We’ve already had a no-weapon thief solo, this is the only next logical step

spoj.9672

I want to see a crystal only solo vid soooooo bad. We’ve already had a no-weapon thief solo, this is the only next logical step

https://youtu.be/-PB_b2honDQ

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Be careful guys, you will get kittened if you try to bump the thread for visibility. So make sure, if you want to BUMP the thread, to keep it on topic like this,

The Necrid Bolt issue is still present in the game. This is on topic since it has the name of the thread in the comment. I am adding constructive information to the thread by updating the status of this issue in real time.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Titanimite.2534

Friendly reminder, this is still an issue please look into this as soon as possible.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Friendly reminder, this is still an issue please look into this as soon as possible.

It’s on the table.

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

https://youtu.be/-PB_b2honDQ

That’s hilarious, thank you

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

So, my understanding of the situation is that this change was intended, but they’re having an internal dialogue now about whether or not it’s appropriate in its current form. They may categorize the change to GL as a bug fix, whereby they fixed his attacks not connecting when his AI was attempting to use them.

I suspect a few possible outcomes:

• GL will no longer even try to shoot projectiles at targets in melee range, and may instead opt to kick/swipe/other attacks more frequently
  • The change will be left how it is

I do not expect ANet will revert this change to exactly how it was before because GL would waste so much time attempting to shoot projectiles at people in melee range and failing to connect.

P.S. I also know they’re talking about the one-shot, although I don’t know what their current thoughts are on it.

EDIT: Note that none of this has been explicitly confirmed to me, it’s just my understanding based on what I’ve gleaned from discussions on the matter. I just want to keep you guys as informed as I can.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

spoj.9672

Can we ask what they are going to do to allow necros to survive the encounter without being carried?

Jerus.4350

Glad to hear they have a plan and keep us fully informed with patch notes on intended things. Keep up the good work devs!

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Can we ask what they are going to do to allow necros to survive the encounter without being carried?

They’ll soon be aware of all of the issues with Necromancers post-specialization change in dungeons. My report will be going directly to the balance team, so hopefully we’ll see changes between now and when those changes go live. I figure I’ll get that out later this week.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Jerus.4350

Unrelated but not worth making it’s own thread. Heard anything about Object hitboxes Dusk? Would love to be able to hit that swirl on snowblind again as well as other issues with other object bosses.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

So, my understanding of the situation is that this change was intended, but they’re having an internal dialogue now about whether or not it’s appropriate in its current form. They may categorize the change to GL as a bug fix, whereby they fixed his attacks not connecting when his AI was attempting to use them.

I suspect a few possible outcomes:

• GL will no longer even try to shoot projectiles at targets in melee range, and may instead opt to kick/swipe/other attacks more frequently
  • The change will be left how it is

I do not expect ANet will revert this change to exactly how it was before because GL would waste so much time attempting to shoot projectiles at people in melee range and failing to connect.

P.S. I also know they’re talking about the one-shot, although I don’t know what their current thoughts are on it.

EDIT: Note that none of this has been explicitly confirmed to me, it’s just my understanding based on what I’ve gleaned from discussions on the matter. I just want to keep you guys as informed as I can.

So you’re saying that of all the dungeon bugs and issues, and with the very limited dev time put into dungeon content, they decided Lupi’s projectile attack should have priority? I believe it.

What’s really sad is how little effort was put into this. “Just make his attack hit at melee range: that way only one single number has to be changed to make the fix. Don’t worry about testing it, it’ll be fine — after all what can go wrong with an autoattack that hits in melee with 2 second recharge and does massive damage?”

“Oh, and if it’s not fine, don’t worry about the fact that it’ll drive even more people to use the easily available wallsploit.”

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

RIP Lupicus. Energy sigils are fun, much challenging. It must be intended this way to enourage build diversity.

spoj.9672

WTB super super energy sigils.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

super super energy sigils, now available in the gemstore for a limited time.

then anet shuts down arah like they did sab lolx

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

super super energy sigils, now available in the gemstore for a limited time.

then anet shuts down arah like they did sab lolx

Coming soon to the gem store for a limited time… Infinite Arah Continue Coin

Zelendel

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

I’d buy an infinite super adventure box pass.

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

What are necros?

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

I have a reliable source that told me this change is intended, and there is no one that works(spends company time) on these dungeons anymore. By the way, don’t forget to bring Smoke Screen and Swirling Winds after the Guardian’s Wall goes down.
(bye Necro solos, sorry spoj :/)
I was about to learn how to solo it, but oh well :/

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

(edited by Velho.7123)

spoj.9672

Never did get to update my solo times. Looks like i never will unless spec actually has defence.

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

Any word from them Gaile? Thanks again for all this!

No. Gemstore update tomorrow though!

Tn-tn-tn-another gemstore update bites the dust!

Stop thinking, stop playing, just give anet some money. <3