General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Right Hand Strength the trait from Guardians that increases 15% crit chance with One handed weapons doesn’t appear to be working..

Anyone else tested? My H %crit chance doenst update

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Right Hand Strength the trait from Guardians that increases 15% crit chance with One handed weapons doesn’t appear to be working..

guardian definitely needs this fixed they don’t do enough damage right now

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

do you mean the % in character menu? i think it was never showing the 15%. the tool tips of the weapon skills do.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

http://imgur.com/oOkPaci

Seriously? Buff warriors some more since they don’t have any group buffs…°
Blah.
But it’s cool, gonna get some healing and regen with druid spec, it’s good to enjoy ranger and royally taking it up the kitten at the same time, who wouldn’t wuv it
/uninstall brain’s drivers

Gonna use the tank/healing dungeon shouter build from now on, ain’t nobody gonna stop me. It’s all the rage right now, healer elly is so spring 2015…

° Nevermind, could be revenant. Nice, if that’s the case. Not sure how it’s gonna help them, but it’s good to have an excuse to play it.
spojski crying in corner?

It could’ve been Necro… It could’ve been Necro…

Quickfoot Katana.8642

do you mean the % in character menu? i think it was never showing the 15%. the tool tips of the weapon skills do.

Yeah in character menu! It wasnt updating and I found it weird.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

5 guardian hammer soooo gg.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Am I the only one who still watches Sandy’s Thaumanova fractal solo from time to time, just because the music choices are both amazing and well-suited to the encounters?

Oh, and for the pro mesmering, but dat music doe.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Who needs WoR on wall when you have guardsway.

Attachments:

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Teq-Triple-Trouble-and-Dungeons/page/3

You have to voice your opinion now! This is serious, otherwise we’re getting another NPE patch, probably removing mobs from the game, since mobs that attack you have to be proven being too hard for the “average” gamer.

dlonie.6547

Whaddayaknow, Mark from support actually unlocked my thread when I asked him why it was shut down: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Once-again-Communication-issues-guys

It’s 30 pages deep and outdated at this point, but eh. I honestly just expected to be ignored and got pleasantly surprised #ArenaNetCares

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Whaddayaknow, Mark from support actually unlocked my thread when I asked him why it was shut down: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Once-again-Communication-issues-guys

It’s 30 pages deep and outdated at this point, but eh. I honestly just expected to be ignored and got pleasantly surprised #ArenaNetCares

Naw, it’s #somepeoplewhoworkforarenanetcare

NoTrigger.8396

Who needs WoR on wall when you have guardsway.

i think with hammer and other traits the dmg goes even higher.

Attachments:

[qT] Quantify

spoj.9672

Yeah my attempts were far from perfect. Still pretty hilarious to get 60k+ so easily.

NoTrigger.8396

i wonder how high the dmg is when you reflect a rock of the risen giant champs in arah. 60k was easy before the patch already.

[qT] Quantify

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Flowchart for some of you that are confused about whether to pre-purchase: http://i.imgur.com/XQuCzal.jpg

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

Lupicus phase 3 RNG hates me =(

dlonie.6547

Anyone ever solo Arah 100% in first person camera? That’s something I haven’t seen…

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Anyone ever solo Arah 100% in first person camera? That’s something I haven’t seen…

On the day of the update I solod Arah p3 on first person with my warrior, but I died like 5 times on crusher/hunter because it had that weird cone attack bug where all mobs in the game would have like 180 degree cone attacks. It was a strange experience… dizzy too.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

So symbolic avenger gives a 10% multiplier per symbol right? Which means with 50 guards stacking 3 symbols and buffing a single guard using focus 5, you would hit:

Base = 3556*2.5*857.5/2800
Crit dmg= 231%
Multipliers: 1.07*1.1*1.1^150*1.01^8*1.2*1.1*1.1*1.05*1.25 = 3929308.749
In order: burning foes, under retal, symbolic avenger, power of virtuous, unscathed, scholar, night, force, vuln

Total damage with average weapon str = 24,389,710,571

With full ascended you could probably get closer to 25mil.

Edit: I forgot to include EA, meh.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

It’s working as intended, just the tooltip is wrong.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Does not affect pvp = no hurry to fix it.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

guardian dps definitely does not need nerfing. it is perfect the way it is

Attachments:

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

Just dont allow more than one guardian and everything is fine. ( ?° ?? ?°)

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Yeah my attempts were far from perfect. Still pretty hilarious to get 60k+ so easily.

In all of our attempts we never even got to see phase 2 ;_;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe3WPLMYKHE

spoj.9672

You were too eager. :>

Our 3rd attempt we were still trying to get the reflects yet bad RNG kind of ended up giving us a kill just like that lol.

I guess we got a bit too eager on that attempt as well.

Quickfoot Katana.8642

If Symbolic Avenger was fixed to only stack with 1 symbol, wouldn’t the 5 hammer guardian still be a faceroll spec? Considering the heal and protection?

Lendruil.9061

Hm, if my math is correct then with quickness every guard contributes 2 symbols. This means 10 symbols in a full party. 1.1^10=2,59. This means that a group of 5 hammer guardians is doing the dmg equivalent to a group of 13 people. So if they fix this bug then its probably a hard nerf i think.
But still that quickness shout is op, for mesmer they didnt even reduce the timewarp cd even though they said glamor recharge reduction would be baseline.

Jerus.4350

If Symbolic Avenger was fixed to only stack with 1 symbol, wouldn’t the 5 hammer guardian still be a faceroll spec? Considering the heal and protection?

Yes, most likely. I’d hope they’d fix the SA issue first though before they touch too much based on guesses. I’d imagine though that Feel my Wrath up to kitten -1min and making the healing from symbols scale more on HP and have less base would be a good idea.

dlonie.6547

Fiery Rush — two years.

Deep Freeze / Ice Storm — going on three years, no fix in sight.

Guardsway….

2017 at the earliest.

#GW2PvELyfe

Jerus.4350

Someone figure out how to abuse this in PVP!

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Stop it already, just because you can’t handle such power doesn’t mean anybody can’t. :<

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I think guardsway is going to get nerfed pretty fast because of Reddit’s tears. We all know how effective they are at fixing bugs, even though it’s GW2’s Reddit policy not to post bugs

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I think guardsway is going to get nerfed pretty fast because of Reddit’s tears. We all know how effective they are at fixing bugs, even though it’s GW2’s Reddit policy not to post bugs

Reddit should be renamed Redtears. Or Cryddit. Or Re:playhowyouwantditto.
Whatever.
It is going to be nerfed soon. They can’t ignore the casuals’ tears. It’s like a mom with their baby’s wail, it triggers something in anet’s brains…

Elite woven! Now if they could give me my monk hairstyles back to have some more of my money…

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Someone figure out how to abuse this in PVP!

Play legacy of the foefire and rush lord, it will die in <5secs with symbol stacking, plus the gate dead in another 3secs.

Purple Miku.7032

Fiery Rush — two years.

Guardsway….

2017 at the earliest.

#GW2PvELyfe

Ice storm deals too much damage, I get it, but what’s wrong with deep freeze? Just that it lasts 5 seconds?

Jerus.4350

Fiery Rush — two years.

Guardsway….

2017 at the earliest.

#GW2PvELyfe

Ice storm deals too much damage, I get it, but what’s wrong with deep freeze? Just that it lasts 5 seconds?

Yes, basically, though I think the fact that you can A) Open with it, blow many things up in about that time, and C) chain it with some coordination just makes it worse. The idea that we should go into most encounters with the same plan of attack nullifying enemy attacks while we blow it up, well it just makes things boring.

I can’t help but feel that you at least somewhat agree after seeing all your solos. Do you think it’s a well made game when you can blow up one of the hardest bosses in 11s(not deep freeze here but seriously, 11s on lupi…)? Should we not have to react a bit more, play a bit more actively and be a bit more dynamic in our play styles? It’s just a bit sad that they haven’t added new content to make us play at a higher level. One can only hope that the new “challenging content” builds upon the past to make us have to at least fight BOSSES for 30s constantly defending and attacking to overcome them… well that, or we can give up hope…

Taku.6352

Even 30 seconds is laughably short time for a boss fight. I wouldn’t min at all if most bosses got their hp increased by tenfold so we’d actually have face the mechanics and bring utility according to that instead of just IB #4,5 and move on.

Something like dis. http://youtu.be/OCDrOYF_JAM

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

yeah tera has some really nice bosses. soloing the pre-60 instances really tests your ability to actively mitigate damage through positioning, blocks and iframes (tera equivalent of dodging I guess). everything is all pretty choreographed too so if you die you pretty much know exactly why and can learn to deal with it the next time you fight.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

Even 30 seconds is laughably short time for a boss fight. I wouldn’t min at all if most bosses got their hp increased by tenfold so we’d actually have face the mechanics and bring utility according to that instead of just IB #4,5 and move on.

The thing is, when they would do something like this, the rewards have to be better, otherwise noone would do it.
I’d not fight a boss for 10min at the end of a dungeon to just get 1g. Having fun is one thing, but doing it without getting rewarded another.

And now to this guard thingy. Even with SA getting fixed, 5 guard stuff will still be strong. Nearly perma quickness and the fact that you literally cant die, will let you faceroll every encounter. Not as fast as it is now, but who cares when hitting the auto attack is enough.

Purple Miku.7032

I agree about the faceroll thing Jerus. The content on this game is way too kitten easy. This is why I really do not understand the appeal so many people have of doing daily dungeon runs. There isn’t the slightest ounce of enjoyment in grinding daily dungeons for the negligible rewards for me. The only one I find any enjoyment in is Arah and even that’s gotten dull long ago, to the point where goating surpasses actually doing the paths. I basically do Arah and sometimes fotm because I don’t know what else I can do on this game.

Ice bow 5 I still don’t see a problem with when you compare it with so many other cc skills, because it’s not THAT much longer than other ones. I think the skill itself is fine, but our damage is too high on some classes.

Warrior phalanx strength also really needs to be nerfed. It’s stupid how LH builds are dead. Might shouldn’t be so easily accessed from warriors, I find it stupid the way that it is.

Anet really is out of touch with the game. Once again I agree with you about everything being too faceroll, I just don’t see the problem with deep freeze itself. I feel that other things are worse atm.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Taku.6352

Lendruil.9061

Regarding Facerollcontent: I think a bigger problem than deepfreeze is guardian’s aegis. It is way too powerful like it is now. It should either have the duration drastically reduced, so that you actually have to time it well instead of just spamming it randomly. Or the damage mitigated by Aegis should scale with toughness or healing power. This way you have to sacrifice a significant amount of dps if your group wants to rely on the safety of aegis.

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

yeah Fulminar is a really good boss with a lot of mechanics especialy in Hardmode, and the fact that this is doable in pugs! while people in GW2 still wipe to Spiderqueen is something that really surprised me. https://youtu.be/SL_PiXqHgRo

The Problem in Guildwars is the Gear and the way Arenanet balances the content as they themself arent especialy good at the game.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

What’s happening ? I am on holiday and go to check the forums and all I see is sumthin’ ’bout guards. Someone enlighten me pleaaase!

toxic since 2012

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

NovaanVerdiano.6174

What’s happening ? I am on holiday and go to check the forums and all I see is sumthin’ ’bout guards. Someone enlighten me pleaaase!

Guard has trait that gives more damage on symbols (10%) – it stacks.
Guard has access to 5s quickness on 30s cd.
Guards use hammer, chain quickness, lol ensues.

Also yeah that ^

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

#5GuardsNewMeta
#RollGuardOrGTFO

dlonie.6547

I don’t think that the skill itself needs to be nerfed, but it’s kittened up that pretty much every low level boss fight is:

DF > DPS > Dead

before the boss can even move. For the “hard” bosses, bring a thief to headshot, rinse, and repeat. It’s kittening lame.

I agree that if they nerfed DF directly it would just be replaced by some other long stun, and that other fixes should be done instead. Whether this means lowering damage, bumping HP, or something else, I’m not sure.

At launch, I don’t believe DF was this broken because the low level dungeons were more difficult (pre-ferocity, NPE, etc), so I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the skill itself — it’s the gameplay it allows. This is why I was happy to hear that they were fixing downscaling — maybe the bosses would be able to live through the initial burst and maybe, just maybe, get out an attack or two.

But instead it feels like they ‘fixed downscaling’ by making the level 80 content easier, for kitten’s sake.

At this point, the only possible fixes on the horizon are the breaker bar, which may negate DF’s OP-ness depending on how it’s implemented, or the “Challenging Group Content” making things more difficult (multiple bosses, etc).

If you skipped my wall of text I actually do have a discussion point. What if a boss just got an insane retal buff when stunned? How would you see this affecting gameplay? Good or bad?

NovaanVerdiano.6174

If you skipped my wall of text I actually do have a discussion point. What if a boss just got an insane retal buff when stunned? How would you see this affecting gameplay? Good or bad?

I think that would be pretty bad, seeing how people would either quickly pull the buff (if possible) and then continue, or if that’s possible pretty much have to sit out/only do a tiny bit of damage, which pretty much negates the reward you get from successfully CCing a boss. Imo, bosses should, by default, be immune to CC and only be affected by it under certain circumstances, for example when charging up (specific) skills. When they are vulnerable to CC varies per boss, of course. Having to actually time your CC would make the whole thing more rewarding imo, instead of just “lol deep freeze headshot headshot headshot deep freeze”. That would require a ton of reworks though and even more work to be properly implemented, so it would never happen, even if it was approved as a good idea.

dlonie.6547

True, it would make CC’s rather pointless since interrupts are pretty broken as well >.< Good point.

Your solution sounds like Wildstar, and it’s a good system — it lets interrupts matter, and prevents locking the boss down. Me likey. It’d be a good way to implement the breakbar.