in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Ops.

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

That clears a lot up, actually, gabbo! Someone is trying to get dungeon changes into the patch notes, but they’re getting taken out by someone higher up. Nice.

Hey guys,the necro threads got me thinking. Did dungeons use to actually be a lot harder? Like did anet change them to make them easier? Or was it that people learned how to insanely buff dps (banners/fury/might/vuln/spotter/bow etc)?

These necro threads make it sound like a completely different game. I’ve only been playing gw2 for a year.

Some of it was L2P issues, but the dungeons were gradually nerfed for the first year or so after launch as folks complained (“Why is this challenging? I don’t play games for challenge, I just want shineys!! QQ”).

Then two big nerfs happened that especially affected non-80 dungeons: NPE removed traits from lower level toons, so they “rebalanced” low level dungeons to be faceroll, and the crit dmg —> ferocity change also made them easier. Fights that now last 5 seconds used to be much longer.

But IIRC, the CoF endboss mentioned in that red post was nerfed in response to complaints.

I had a bit of hope when they announced that downscaling would be fixed, but honestly I haven’t really noticed a difference in the few runs I’ve been on.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

deSade.9437

That clears a lot up, actually, gabbo! Someone is trying to get dungeon changes into the patch notes, but they’re getting taken out by someone higher up. Nice.

Dude…
Do it again, and I swear to my kitty I’m gonna burn your house.
…And report you!

dlonie.6547

y u so srs hurrr

Attachments:

deSade.9437

y u so srs hurrr

Ok, I was joking on the report part, but I’m still gonna burn your house.
I’m not that serious.

/fish eye

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

i see, thanks for the responses. Yeah, I’ve always felt like trait unlocks made the difference between lv 79 and lv 80 huge. With the most recent trait rework this difference is sorta smoothed out. But it sounds like the damage is already done =/

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

“necro” thread in general forums just got deleted. nowhere to be found.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

deSade.9437

WTF IS WRONG WITH MY CHARACTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ahhhhhhhh

http://imgur.com/a/DBTZu

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Ahhhhhhhh

(Edit: meh should’ve made the logo bigger.)

Attachments:

(edited by Taku.6352)

deSade.9437

Ahhhhhhhh

(Edit: meh should’ve made the logo bigger.)

Omg taku plz stahp I’m dying

couldn’t explain why I was laughing so hard so everyone thought I’m kittened°… as my warr…

• Dang it.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

So I actually try to run a dungeon again for once and… the game decides that it’s a good idea to make me use the NA-Lfg tool even though I’m on an EU server and I’m not set to invisible or whatever. Joy.

If you logged into invisible mode then your client will be bugged until you turn yourself on ‘online’ and restart the client.

I’m aware of that, I just wasn’t inkognito. Oh well, didn’t matter much.

deSade.9437

So I actually try to run a dungeon again for once and… the game decides that it’s a good idea to make me use the NA-Lfg tool even though I’m on an EU server and I’m not set to invisible or whatever. Joy.

If you logged into invisible mode then your client will be bugged until you turn yourself on ‘online’ and restart the client.

I’m aware of that, I just wasn’t®incoglionito. Oh well, didn’t matter much.

FTFY.
… Sorry. I’ll go away now.
/crawls away

NovaanVerdiano.6174

FTFY.
/crawls away

Lmao.
Yeah, I ended up taking the german spelling for it for some reason.

deSade.9437

FTFY.
/crawls away

Lmao.
Yeah, I ended up taking the german spelling for it for some reason.

It sounds angrier and more kitten.
Gahhhhhh enough with these kittens!

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

LOL, All that Red ink, in the dungeon fourms, makes me think of higschool

Attachments:

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Im just thinking is it really that funny necro posting? Once is enough. After that it just becomes stupid and annoying.

Taku.6352

Stupid, childish, only serves to get moderator attention here and get actually good threads locked.

Kids these days…

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Im just thinking is it really that funny necro posting? Once is enough. After that it just becomes stupid and annoying.

It’s cringeworthy tbh. It’s like they actually think they’re funny.

deSade.9437

Ahhh let it be, gotta do what you gotta do to pass the time. I’m not bothered by anything as long as it’s not done with the intent to make other people feel awful

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

For relatively new players like me, the necros have been really fun. Its pretty neat to read how much the game has changed over the years.

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

It’s cringeworthy tbh. It’s like they actually think they’re funny.

Being funny was not the point at all.

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

I don’t think I was playing when Hrouda was this active on the forums, reading those posts was more depressing than funny. To think someone actually cared for us once :’(

Taku.6352

deSade.9437

Wow.
This is among one of the few things (you can count ‘em on one hand, a few fingers even) that really enrage me, so if he’s trolling, troll successful. I freaking despise these things.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Well, looks like most necros have simply been closed.

Talyn.3295

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Stupid-meta-bullies-ppl/5295926/quote

Now we are meta bullies. I mean, I guess I can kinda see it I have read more about people joining all welcome runs and trying to turn them into zerker only. Which if true is really kinda silly. We have made enough complaints about people joining zerker only groups who don’t fit the description, that the meta players should know how this feels and not do it to others.

I usually play with my soldier gear in zerk runs. They don’t see the difference..

And why is there always one of these in every Anti zerker/meta thread?

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

Don’t post here normally as I not one of the speed runners but had a great PuG group today I joined.

Lvl 50 fractal – swamp
Was no group composition requested and it ended up with 2 mesmers. I was the second and they wanted me to change but I stated that I probably could outdmg, outsurvive and outsupport them (could tell pretty quickly that it was a bad group hence me wanting to see what would happen).

They wanted to exploit mossman underwater, and something I have never encountered before happened. The 2 people moaning about the “2nd mesmer” die to mossman in the water!!

No wonder they didnt want a 2nd mesmer, they needed the 3 other people in the group to carry them. of course when mossman was on 10% someone decided to get downed and then pull him to entrance and reset him. . . just for the same thing to happen again. Downed 30s into the fight

Lets just say I quickly got out of there and into another group that went smoothly. I learnt everything about fractals just by playing but know my class well and adapt my build as necessary and most of the time get people saying I did a good job when they wouldnt normal take a mesmer so must be doing something right
Actually enjoying doing the lvl 50 fractals and on monday will finally reach 50 personal lvl after being on 40 for the past … forever. Getting groups are not the easiest when everyone wants 2ele/thief/warrior/guard setups but somehow I managing to do so and rarely do they take more than 50minutes to complete. Especially if people use my portals on cliffside when i mimic blink up the ramps for first 2 runs, and mimic portal the chest seals.

Just wanted to say not all us pug players are bad. Hell I focus on wvw more but like to dip into all areas of play! Especially considering fractals are helping get free gear for my revenant and also a set for my reaper who I currently thinking of playing differently to full zerk (WvW character that currently bored with). Just wish more people would realise that in the time they sit waiting for the perfect group, I often got halfway through the fractal – pr if it when Im doing a lvl 29 one to help a friend out that only recently started doing them we have almost finished by time their group starts. I actually keep an eye on the lfg just to see when they get filled

<rambled too much now>

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I’m more concerned of the lack of black homosexual transgendered legendaries that identify with a penguin-truly a cowardly act as they are obviously conforming to the privileged heteronormative patriarchy and are making said people unable to enjoy the game because they aren’t portrayed in said game.

As for you, check your privilege. You forgot to mention the legends who are wheelchair-bound, mentally impaired, otherkin and overweight. I can’t believe you could be so insensitive towards these oppressed video game characters. /sarcasm

Best quote I could find.

deSade.9437

I’m more concerned of the lack of black homosexual transgendered legendaries that identify with a penguin-truly a cowardly act as they are obviously conforming to the privileged heteronormative patriarchy and are making said people unable to enjoy the game because they aren’t portrayed in said game.

As for you, check your privilege. You forgot to mention the legends who are wheelchair-bound, mentally impaired, otherkin and overweight. I can’t believe you could be so insensitive towards these oppressed video game characters. /sarcasm

Best quote I could find.

…. bleh.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Snow Crows [SC]

Talyn.3295

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Stupid-meta-bullies-ppl/5298172/quote

You don’t get to just ban classes regardless of LFG entry. Its why zerk pugs are seen as people of questionable character.

Oh? Why CAN’T I ban classes based on my LFG entry? Why are YOU entitled to come and ruin MY experience and the experience of others who want to play my way by not reading the LFG?

This is why non-reading leeches are seen as people of questionable character.

How dare people be intolerant of my intolerance! <- You

You’re not asking for tolerance by joining a speed run as a non-speed runner. You’re demanding to be accepted into that community without adhering to the rules of that community. They already tolerate your casual runs by not trying to get your type of party banned.

These threads always sounds like 2 kids fighting in the back of a car.

Just stay on your side or I swear to dwayna I’ll turn this kitten car around right now.

If you think certain classes can’t speed run then you not only lack understanding of game, you are being a terrible player for any community/meta/pug/guild/run.

So you’re still just refusing to adhere to the rules of whatever community, k. It’s unreasonable for you to think a community like that would accept you. If you don’t want to be accepted by that community, then there is no problem. It’s only when a person that doesn’t adhere to the rules of a community demands to be accepted into that community that there are problems.

Telling other people how they wish to play together is bad doesn’t do anything productive. Let people play how they wish as long as they are not trolling or harassing.

Banning classes is not OK. Those kind of people do not need to be off my block list.

You might as well ask for no black skin toons in your LFG. It’s not ok.

Anyone else seen the direction this thread has taken?

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Im sipping Kraken and laughing.

Attachments:

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

deSade.9437

Never release the kwaken. No, the Quacken.

Ok, I’m stopping now.
/walks away

/comes back
That thread is seriously something awful smelling (kinda like my dog after it rained) and I don’t understand how it’s not locked yet.
Could it be because it’s against dem jerk (and racist?) zerkburgers?

Oh, my relationship with the game in one song:

https://goo.gl/byVk47

… or with some members of the gw2 community, same stuff.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Stupid-meta-bullies-ppl/5298172/quote

You don’t get to just ban classes regardless of LFG entry. Its why zerk pugs are seen as people of questionable character.

Oh? Why CAN’T I ban classes based on my LFG entry? Why are YOU entitled to come and ruin MY experience and the experience of others who want to play my way by not reading the LFG?

This is why non-reading leeches are seen as people of questionable character.

How dare people be intolerant of my intolerance! <- You

You’re not asking for tolerance by joining a speed run as a non-speed runner. You’re demanding to be accepted into that community without adhering to the rules of that community. They already tolerate your casual runs by not trying to get your type of party banned.

These threads always sounds like 2 kids fighting in the back of a car.

Just stay on your side or I swear to dwayna I’ll turn this kitten car around right now.

If you think certain classes can’t speed run then you not only lack understanding of game, you are being a terrible player for any community/meta/pug/guild/run.

So you’re still just refusing to adhere to the rules of whatever community, k. It’s unreasonable for you to think a community like that would accept you. If you don’t want to be accepted by that community, then there is no problem. It’s only when a person that doesn’t adhere to the rules of a community demands to be accepted into that community that there are problems.

Telling other people how they wish to play together is bad doesn’t do anything productive. Let people play how they wish as long as they are not trolling or harassing.

Banning classes is not OK. Those kind of people do not need to be off my block list.

You might as well ask for no black skin toons in your LFG. It’s not ok.

Anyone else seen the direction this thread has taken?

Holy kitten this thread. What are some of those people smoking. I’m not even past the first page, but insulting a group of players as bullies, but joining their groups just to block them at the same time… Just what

dlonie.6547

I guess while they were busy locking necro’d threads the mods somehow missed the thread with the title “Stupid meta bullies”. Doesn’t that alone violate a few points on the ol’ CoC?

Eh. Priorities.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

That thread is cancerous but at least I got 2 new names added to blocklist.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Talyn.3295

I can’t really read those threads after a while, it just gets to painful when people start going all crazy. Some of the people on there are probably the people who cause the majority of the problems in game anyway.

Who cares what someone else is doing if they are not in your party? Why join just to troll? I honestly can’t understand them. Both sides have the right to play how they want to, why can’t they just do that and cut the crap?

/sigh

It’s hardly worth trying to talk to them. I think I gave up on that a long time ago. Human nature I suppose

Purple Miku.7032

I used to have problems with randoms in RS dungeoneering years and years ago too.. There were some setups that were just absolute garbage to use, like full primal tank gear, but lots of people liked to take their sweet time and build prayer altars and other stuff instead of just taking the bare necessities and going at a fast pace.

Speedrunning was prominent on there too and there also were a lot of people hating on it, but the difference is these people weren’t constantly posting on the forums begging for everybody’s damage to get nerfed and to make all mobs in dungeons required to kill. They just searched for their own groups and kittened off. I wonder why we can’t have that on here too?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Some people just want to see the world burn :P

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3dujpm/sc_fractal_50_swampland_mossman_107_restricted/ct8rdqm

comedy of the day \o/

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

Purple Miku.7032

Talyn.3295

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Is-it-worth-it-to-use-Exotic-trinkets/first#post5299159

Someone better at math might be able to give this guy a better answer.

deSade.9437

Who cares what someone else is doing if they are not in your party? Why join just to troll?

For them, it’s not trolling: it’s punishing the guys in the wrong, and therefore righteous.

Enjoyyyyyy \0/

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-about-us-Tankers-and-Healers

This moron can’t even type “tank”; no, it has to be “tanker”. kitten.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Talyn.3295

Who cares what someone else is doing if they are not in your party? Why join just to troll?

For them, it’s not trolling: it’s punishing the guys in the wrong, and therefore righteous.

Enjoyyyyyy \0/

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-about-us-Tankers-and-Healers

This moron can’t even type “tank”; no, it has to be “tanker”. kitten.

I thought about commenting on that thread when I first noticed it. I start to type up a response then I end up saying meh and closing down the tab. It’s just so hard to care enough to comment these days.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I start to type up a response then I end up saying meh and closing down the tab. It’s just so hard to care enough to comment these days.

So many tabs closed because ppl just ignore well written responses.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I feel like I’d have made spoj proud. 5X necro fractal 50

Surprisingly easy too.

Mossman → Molten → Aetherblade → Mai

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Thank god the necro wave stopped, that was just waaaay too much

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

I feel like I’d have made spoj proud. 5X necro fractal 50

Surprisingly easy too.

Mossman -> Molten -> Aetherblade -> Mai

Mossman: necro has quite a good cleave
Molten: see above
Aetherblade: Unblockable Wells high-five, bonus if u traited for staff for an extra interrupt and confusion transfer. Don’t know what to do? Plague and pick nose.
Mai Trin: Interrupt is OP (with 5 necros, you can interrupt ALL of her teleport pistol /evil laugh). The tele minion (shadow thingy) is an extraordinaire body blocker. Transfusion is just another thing you can pick out for fun.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Molten was actually the hardest of the bunch with the fire fields. Mai… I trolled my group hard by transfusioning them all infront of mai for auto attacks killing them all but we still pulled it out haha. But yes, was fun and easy.

Talyn.3295

deSade.9437

And there was light.
And we saw some drunken phiw hobo sleeping on the floor.
And we weren’t pleased.