Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Code must contain at least 15 bugs.

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

You mean, 15 shade of bugs ?

Btw, dlonie, your troll baits in main section of this forum… Well, sad that it works

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Hehe, gotta pass the time until PAX somehow :-)

I love the folks that are agreeing. Fish in a barrel.

Kordash.2197

Nice fail post

dlonie.6547

What can I say, leading a double life is full of complications

Kordash.2197

Meanwhile, another one has failed to notice the bait/poster. This will be TRIGGERing some nice things

dlonie.6547

Sorry NoTrigger :-P

I think he was on a break last time ForeverAway came out to play and didn’t know.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

lol i knew it.

and yes havent checked the forum in some time.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

The fact that Colin said we could see more Raids through Living Story is terribly worrying.

Because we all know Living Story instances are supposed to be completed by pretty much everyone, the skill floor is low.

If they don’t separate Raids with a “Story/Easy/Casual” version and a Harder version, I’m afraid they willl suck

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

The fact that Colin said we could see more Raids through Living Story is terribly worrying.

why is everything you hear worrying?

it could mean they are doing living story right → 4 big updates per year introduced by a story.

and tbh you should be happy because he pretty much confirmed they will support the raid content and add more over time.

[qT] Quantify

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Well they did said they would be supporting dungeons through living story. It’s just worrying because it happened before.

EVERYTHING else they said, it’s amazing. It’s just that one thing that bothers me

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

Becasue Anet confirming long lasting support is something we can really believe in!

:’ )

I think any one has the right to be pessimistic towards any instanced content produced by Anet.

The track record don’t be lyin’

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

This was the worst announcement I have ever seen, they didn’t even show any content yet they are just over a month from release. 10 man means personal contribution will mean even less, I would have much preferred 5 man hardmode content. They haven’t given pve players a way to measure our skill nor give us the ingame ability to gearcheck other players, check other players dps, combos per minute, might generation per minute, successful aegis blocks these things would be vital to know if the content required more than 1 or 2 good players in a group. I guarantee this content will be completed in the first day or two by some no name scrub guild and you will be able to witness half of the group rolling their faces on their keyboards getting carried.

The whole f2p announcement was a major disappointment. I recall seeing several discussions on the forums created by players suggesting anet brings out an optional sub model to help support the game if it meant more frequent bug fixes and content updates, I mean seriously they haven’t even said if they plan to update and fix the current bugs in fractals never mind dungeons.

The only thing I think I have taken away from today is that the buy 2 play business model can’t guarantee a polished, frequently updated game. I have no motivation to login at all if ever.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Ok im a pretty pessimistic person. But this overblown negativity is seriously getting stupid. This announcement was the best possible outcome we could have realistically expected.

They confirmed raids were coming, that they are instanced, they are 10 man, they have exclusive rewards and they arent open world. And also that they plan to make them truly challenging.

The last point they cant prove until we get the content. So i dont know what you guys were expecting. This was a good day.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Ok, didn’t read anything about what the hell happened today.
HIT ME, DUNGEON FORUM

Omg, is it seriously going f2p? Jesus, Jeeeesus, JEEEEESUS, I’m so worried. Jesus.
/freaks out quietly because people are sleeping

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

10 man instance sounds like that would be fun. Hopefully non-linear

Quickfoot Katana.8642

So i dont know what you guys were expecting.

I’m holding off until I hear feedback about you guys who played about content/difficulty. 1 raid with 3 wings, each with only 3 bosses sounds a bit less than I expected and too little to jump the gun with 50 bucks.

I don’t think it’s unwise to curb the enthusiasm. Especially when (and I’m repeating myself) this has happened before: “We’ll introduce Dungeons with Living Story” – Introduced Aetherpath and then abandoned.

If abandonment is now out of the question, if for whatever reason we can take more raids as granted and not as following the previous endeavours/examples, the next question arrises:

If Living Story is the main engine behind introducing more Raids, what does that mean to those Raid’s difficulty?

Food for thought

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Also you’re ignoring the fact that there are people out there who’re completely happy with the current implementation of the gem shop and don’t want to earn their rewards. They pay money and they deserve getting whatever they bought instantly. Your version of the gemshop would clash with those people.

Is this guy for real? He’s defending microtransactions with the argument that some people like it and that those people rather want to pay for items than to play the game to get them. I don’t care that those people exsist, but trying to justify the lack of content with those people is just ridiculous.

deSade.9437

Look, as long as they’re fun to play? Do they really have to be sooooo kittenly 10% of the population can complete them? I mean, I still have fun low-manning arah or faptals <.< and you can’t say those are legendary type of hard.
No, that’s not what worries me. At worst, raids will be more gimmicky dungeons, but since I enjoy old dungeons, I’m ok with it (hopefullyyyy, god, the doubts). It’s the STINK of f2p that is invading my nostrils and making me choke; THAT is what worries me.
f2p garbage… Puah.

Quickfoot Katana.8642

No worries if you are allergic to F2P’ers I have the solution for you: LFG with “mapcheck” (Hint: F2P’ers can’t talk in map chat) lol

deSade.9437

LOOL I got the alpkitten filter again. Yay! And good advice, I guess. Just… I don’t think I’ll play. Like, I’d rather not play than pug, and looks like I have to pug… if you know what I mean.

… trying to listening to music on these godkitten earbuds reminds me that I can’t pick a decent headset (I can’t decide); over ear, very light, comfy. Suggestions? I know, I know, offtopic… erm, RAIDS! woohoo! Need good headphones to enjoy the.. the.. afking in LA… waiting for someone to log in… ugh..
/tears up

(edited by deSade.9437)

dlonie.6547

Need good headphones to enjoy the.. the.. afking in LA… waiting for someone to log in… ugh..
/tears up

You’ve summed up GW2 endgame so beautifully here.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

in case anyone needs it, gw2dps is updated… now with configurable hotkeys.

dlonie.6547

I agree with spoj, the announcement today had nothing bad in it. It wasn’t as much detail as we’d like to see, and a lot of the promises they made have been made before, but what was there was promising.

After years of silence, they’ve confirmed that they know what they need to do. We now know that they want this content to actually be challenging, and they recognize that they need to produce it more often if this game is going to have a good reputation.

They know what they need to do. Now it’s a matter of seeing if they follow through. But the news today was as good as I could have expected…they’ve destroyed their credibility and our trust over the last few years so of course we’re skeptical of their claims, but at least it looks like we’re on the same page about what the ideal is.

Tom Yzf.5872

Question for you guys. In TA, has there always been a huge purple bloom that tracks with the movement of the front of oakheart’s head? Never seen it before today, but maybe some of my graphic settings changed.

Posted by: Dante.1523

Dante.1523

It’s the gaze of disappointment you get for ignoring boss mechanics.

Tom Yzf.5872

Ignoring boss mechanics? What are you on about? This large purple haze takes up half my screen, tracks with the boss’ head and doesn’t go away; what does that have to do with the mechanics?

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

in case anyone needs it, gw2dps is updated… now with configurable hotkeys.

I love you :>

Btw, am I the only one worried about the “no need of a specific group composition to complete raids”? I see two necros (reaper/staff) and 3 heavies in the Raid trailer and it makes me suspicious about the challenge.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

Considering that ANet showcased Fractured with a P/P thief, I doubt the challenge as well

But I won’t whine until I’ve played it, and when it sucks I’ll kitten in a box and send it to ANet for destroying my hopes

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Well, the meta and stuff… you know :o

Snow Crows [SC]

Quickfoot Katana.8642

A PVT P/P Thief with Scorpion wire :P

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

didnt see the stream yesterday, but did they mention this on the stream or is it just at the end of the trailer?

http://i.imgur.com/1ynH0Jo.png

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

didnt see the stream yesterday, but did they mention this on the stream or is it just at the end of the trailer?

That’s from fractured release.

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

That’s from fractured release.

yeah, kinda came to this conclusion some min ago as well.
I was like, it looked like they old trailer, when did they release FotM again, so I checked the wiki and you are right.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

and without any trinkets iirc

deSade.9437

and without any trinkets iirc

And no weapon swap. And he didn’t use his utilities once – signet of shadows and sr btw

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Let’s pick CoE story.

The room with Evolved Destroyer is filled with inquest. You can only see this room through one window at start of the dungeon which isn’t even directly in the usual path.

After you complete the dungeon those inquest get replaced by destroyers.

Last time I tried inquest stay inquest, nothing changes.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

This hits almost as hard as the suggested swiftness nerf some time ago.

This one?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mobility-is-the-real-culprit-not-DPS/

Yeah, thanks a kittening lot EcoRI. You are no longer allowed to troll, because ArenaNet keeps kittening taking you serious.

Go start a thread in Gen Disc saying that adding more dungeons would nerf zerker. Then it might happen

so Im not the only one that is getting real scared at what fierce might say next. Seriously I dont want to blame anyone but that’s 2/2 for you fierce.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Opinion-on-UI-Wars-2/first#post5440138

3/3 snow?? :-D

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

This hits almost as hard as the suggested swiftness nerf some time ago.

This one?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mobility-is-the-real-culprit-not-DPS/

Yeah, thanks a kittening lot EcoRI. You are no longer allowed to troll, because ArenaNet keeps kittening taking you serious.

Go start a thread in Gen Disc saying that adding more dungeons would nerf zerker. Then it might happen

so Im not the only one that is getting real scared at what fierce might say next. Seriously I dont want to blame anyone but that’s 2/2 for you fierce.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Opinion-on-UI-Wars-2/first#post5440138

3/3 snow?? :-D

All hail the prophet!~

I rely on weapon swapping and trait swapping a hell lot playing my guardian, this might make things a hell lot more interesting, S/D ele come back~

(edited by Trice.4598)

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

So they already brought down the complexity potential by a million, nice.

dlonie.6547

kittenmit EcoRI.

kittenmit.

deSade.9437

Wut u talking about? I can’t be bothered to sift through all that pointless non-info. They locking trait and weapon swapping, aren’t they?
I would’ve BET they were gonna make them super easy and accessible.

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

Wut u talking about? I can’t be bothered to sift through all that pointless non-info. They locking trait and weapon swapping, aren’t they?
I would’ve BET they were gonna make them super easy and accessible.

Yup, sounds like we’re getting PvP raids :^)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Ugh that PVP comment, that’s the thing that actually scares me. Build locking I’m pretty indifferent I see some concerns but some positives. The pvp comment though… there’s a reason I don’t play it much and in general dislike the entire system. If that means less one shots and a ton of quicker few hundred damage hits… ehh not my cup of tea.

deSade.9437

Well, I’m glad I got a spare ascended knight armor in case things turn sour…

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Its all about the Celestial gear mah brothah. Time to dust off those charged quartz crystal.

deSade.9437

O_o
/counts charged crystals
… kitten!

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Welp, I’m pretty neutral towards the raid. It’s nice they actually try, as this is already more than we’re used to, but I’m going to keep the expectations for the raid and future updates low. Would be neat if it turns out to be good and well supported, though. /totallynotlate

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

such a casual. i got spare ascended CLERICS armor incase someone needs a tank AND a healer

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I must say I’m midly annoyed by the increased flux of PHIWs in the trashcan

Oh raids announcement what have you done