General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 2

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

There is supposed to be a post dedicated to just raid rewards in the future, we’ll probably find out then how legendary armour is going to work.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

With how late Anet seems to be in pretty much every feature development of HoT, I dont think you should expect different types of Legendary Armor, but rather 1 model only.

They shall call it Legendary Outfit.

:(
Imagine 3 different legendary armors, 1 per weight class… but with the same skin. Lols. And obviously looking the same for each different species.
I see it happening with such clarity that I’ll be knocked on my kitten if it proves to be untrue.

Why armors when it can just be an outfit, less work for them. :^)

SlyDevil.3952

Because outfits don’t have stats and they stated that we can swap the stats of legendary armour, there is some hope.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Because outfits don’t have stats and they stated that we can swap the stats of legendary armour, there is some hope.

“Outfits have now stats which replace those of your armor when worn! No need to farm for various armor sets anymore!”
:v (I don’t really see this happening, that would be dumb on more than one level.)

If they said that, that’s pretty good then. While some outfits do look nice, I’m not a fan of the fact that most “armors” that get into the game are outfits by now, seeing how you can’t mix and match them. It only saves ANet time/money.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Question: Does launch effects like overcharged shot get effected by stun buffs from traits/runes etc? Like Impact Savant

Sarah

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Scrapper-is-a-better-Guardian

You see? Do you SEE THAT? I told you guards have some kind of… reverse hate for how much pugs get carried by them. Jesus! Hold your godkitten hyppogriffs! Rev is better, mes is better, blablabla… they all have UNIQUE mechanics. kittenmit.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Scrapper-is-a-better-Guardian

You see? Do you SEE THAT? I told you guards have some kind of… reverse hate for how much pugs get carried by them. Jesus! Hold your godkitten hyppogriffs! Rev is better, mes is better, blablabla… they all have UNIQUE mechanics. kittenmit.

I knew karma would punish me eventually. No good deed goes unpunished.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Leagues-1/first#post5511329
PVE is doomed…oh wait! We already knew that.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Don’t be so dramatic. They will let us know when they will abandon parts of the game.

Attachments:

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Lets keep the dungeon forum pity party train going.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Lmao! Anet likes rangers so much that they won’t even give a PoI episode for Druid.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/644904491263881216

The base class is in such a good spot, they probably figure the spec won’t need much testing. Drop a guard staff on a ranger, have a smoke, and call it a day. Problem?

“PvP has been steadily growing.” Yeah, no kitten….what else are people going to do when PvE is stale as kitten?

Oh right. Stop playing.

But yeah, totally. Keep patting yourselves on the back for “growing” the PvP playerbase by making PvE unbearable. gg.

Choo-choooooooooooooo!!!

But seriously, I think we’re past the point of pity. It’s more “point and laugh” these days.

And if you think that was crazy, just WAIT for PART 2!!! Hahahaha!! (speaking of, did Nemibro ever finish making whatever that point he was trying to make was?)

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Talyn.3295

Lmao! Anet likes rangers so much that they won’t even give a PoI episode for Druid.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/644904491263881216

The base class is in such a good spot, they probably figure the spec won’t need much testing. Drop a guard staff on a ranger, have a smoke, and call it a day. Problem?

“PvP has been steadily growing.” Yeah, no kitten….what else are people going to do when PvE is stale as kitten?

Oh right. Stop playing.

But yeah, totally. Keep patting yourselves on the back for “growing” the PvP playerbase by making PvE unbearable. gg.

Choo-choooooooooooooo!!!

But seriously, I think we’re past the point of pity. It’s more “point and laugh” these days.

And if you think that was crazy, just WAIT for PART 2!!! Hahahaha!! (speaking of, did Nemibro ever finish making whatever that point he was trying to make was?)

True enough. More likely to “point and laugh” to bad we are still hanging out on the same street corner.

Attachments:

deSade.9437

Actually, I’m feeling just fine atm. If they could just give a kitten about ranger bugs and kitten y mechanics, I’d be completely ok with the gw2 world. Burnt out, but I can always get high on toxic spores to dull the boredom.

Guh… drood… incoming… I may be either terrified or anguished

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

1 week for Whiteside Free servers launch, I gotta try it

Sarahfull.4930

Today was funny. I wasn’t in the mood for a fractal and I saw someone selling a lvl50.

I ask them if I could ask something first before I pay, so I asked if they got mossman. They said yes, and when I asked how they did it I instantly get vote kicked by them all xD

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Can anyone tell me a dungeon enemy (no fractal) which you 100% remember doing a critical hit?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Some dredge whacked me in the face with 3×4.5k crits and right after for 3×3k normal hits so apparently they don’t have any extra ferocity. You could pretty easily get any mob to crit by going to lvl 37 and applying confusion which turns intokitten
fury.

For dungeons probably risen berserkers in CoE/Arah.

Wethospu.6437

Fury would mess up the whole thing. I’m interested of the base chance.

Edit: Normal enemies seem to crit. So the question is, can elite enemies too?

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Today was funny. I wasn’t in the mood for a fractal and I saw someone selling a lvl50.

I ask them if I could ask something first before I pay, so I asked if they got mossman. They said yes, and when I asked how they did it I instantly get vote kicked by them all xD

Before you, we had someone that wasn’t interested in buying, he just wanted to “talk” about what’s new with the game… we kicked him so many times, he kept spamming join, making people leave the party, while i was kiting Mai Trin. We didn’t want to risk a wipe/reset so was only natural to boot you too.

And to answer your Mossman question, no we didn’t killed him underwater. So kittening awesome right?

SlyDevil.3952

Editted: Elites aren’t critting, was just a normal mob.

(edited by SlyDevil.3952)

NikeEU.7690

Before you, we had someone that wasn’t interested in buying, he just wanted to “talk” about what’s new with the game… we kicked him so many times, he kept spamming join, making people leave the party, while i was kiting Mai Trin. We didn’t want to risk a wipe/reset so was only natural to boot you too.

And to answer your Mossman question, no we didn’t killed him underwater. So kittening awesome right?

Wow thats a rekt. That’s leaving the baby in the car for 8 hours.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Wethospu.6437

Elite mobs in cm have been critting me. Cutpurses, bombers and thugs have fast attack rates if you need it tested.

Tested lots of hits from 2 cutpurses at start of p2. No critical hits.

Level 82 risen berserker in arah, no crits. Btw, has anyone ever seen bloomhunger critting?

Sarahfull.4930

Well to me, it IS a big deal. Instead of kicking me, if you said you fought him normally I would of been more than happy to pay. I won’t pay a group that fought him underwater.

Edit: well fair enough, I know it can be annoying waiting to full slots. No harm done. =)

Sarah

(edited by Sarahfull.4930)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Elite mobs in cm have been critting me. Cutpurses, bombers and thugs have fast attack rates if you need it tested.

Tested lots of hits from 2 cutpurses at start of p2. No critical hits.

Level 82 risen berserker in arah, no crits. Btw, has anyone ever seen bloomhunger critting?

I have surely been one-shot by a Sniping shot of the Veteran Straza when he didn’t have any fury at all. The log said I was critically hit for 12,2xx damage. I remember the case very well as I was hit while being in stealth as well.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Wethospu.6437

I assume that’s a veteran, not elite.

It just seems that the game has disabled critical hits for all elites, champions and legendaries.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I assume that’s a veteran, not elite.

It just seems that the game has disabled critical hits for all elites, champions and legendaries.

So Lupi crits u no more?

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

deSade.9437

Since the game is so slow and I’m getting desperate to actually dodge when I hit the “dodge” button, I decided to clear the cache folder and run a repair, in hope it could help a bit. Little did I know, I started doing the repair at 10 this morning… and as of now, 19.29, it’s at 54%.
I’m giving up. You win, alright? You WIN.

Talyn.3295

Since the game is so slow and I’m getting desperate to actually dodge when I hit the “dodge” button, I decided to clear the cache folder and run a repair, in hope it could help a bit. Little did I know, I started doing the repair at 10 this morning… and as of now, 19.29, it’s at 54%.
I’m giving up. You win, alright? You WIN.

I did a re-spawn on my laptop the other day. So I had to reinstall everything. Then after waiting for GW2 to install I got that one file reaming bug. hope the repair fixes it for you though

deSade.9437

Nah, just gave up… Among the impairing and crippling defects I have, there’s also impatience and recklessness. Didn’t wanna wait. Meh.
…Can I have juvenile tunas? Please?
And can I get this stupid soprano to stop shrieking in my ears while I fight stuff, thanks… /slams multimedia keys – Ah, right, forgot I never managed to make them work. Whatever! I hate youtube’s “suggestions”.

Looks like the game runs even worse than before, but I presume my 200-700 ping isn’t on their end. I hope, at least. And I hope it’s not here to stay <.<

(edited by deSade.9437)

SlyDevil.3952

Updated previous post, it was a normal mob critting me, elites in cm aren’t.

Wethospu.6437

10 g to first one who shows an elite, a champion or a legendary enemy doing a critical hit.

I took a level 2 to AC. Spider hatclings crit me 100%, elite enemies still 0%.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Never ever go in class subforums. But before I rant about people trying to push Staff/Scepter+Shield mesmer to the meta because it can stack boons, can someone tell me more about the following :

• PS warrior over DPS warrior : is EA worth it over extra solo warior dps if you get your 25 mights elsewhere? Standart group composition, Mes/War/Ele/Ele/Thief.
Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

PS warrior over DPS warrior : is EA worth it over extra solo warior dps if you get your 25 mights elsewhere? Standart group composition, Mes/War/Ele/Ele/Thief.

EA is about a 4% party boost to each party member. Assume the direct DPS of every party member is equal. How much would the Warrior’s personal DPS need to increase to make up for the 16% loss? 16%.

But the Warrior doesn’t have equal personal DPS to other party members, do they? So it’s more than 16% they need to make up personally. It’s more like 20%.

tl;dr – EA all the way.

NikeEU.7690

Also, what is a “DPS warrior”? If you’re talking about using Discipline instead of Tactics you have to ask how much is Heightened Focus really worth, since its the only real DPS increase in the entire Discipline line. I think you’d find that EA + Empowered > Heightened Focus in group play. In solo, HF is a much cooler trait since in a 5 minute boss solo you’ll get it multiple times, but I still think that the DPS of Tactics is better than Discipline even in solo. The reason to take discipline for a solo is Fast Hands allowing you to play more defensively… which is the reason I think the so-called “dps warrior” should be renamed “defensive warrior.”

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Miku Lawrence.6329

Ah thanks alot, not playing warrior so followed the general trend of “dps vs support”. Proves my point that mesmer stacking might and warrior going Discipline is trash.

Snow Crows [SC]

deSade.9437

Or [selfish] utility warrior. Or imma-solo-lupi-since-this-stupid-team-can’t warrior.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

PS warrior over DPS warrior : is EA worth it over extra solo warior dps if you get your 25 mights elsewhere? Standart group composition, Mes/War/Ele/Ele/Thief.

EA is about a 4% party boost to each party member. Assume the direct DPS of every party member is equal. How much would the Warrior’s personal DPS need to increase to make up for the 16% loss? 16%.

But the Warrior doesn’t have equal personal DPS to other party members, do they? So it’s more than 16% they need to make up personally. It’s more like 20%.

tl;dr – EA all the way.

Isnt it just 4% then.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

No, because we’re looking at how much DPS the warrior would need to gain to reach an equivalence point between the DPS EA provides the party and the DPS a Warrior that went Discipline instead of Tactics provides to the party.

You could frame the problem a different way, but you’d reach the same conclusion.

SlyDevil.3952

If an ele gets a 4% boost on say 15k, compared to a war at say base 12k getting 4%. The war needs to make up that 4% to themselves, but the boost the ele gets is 5%, relative to the warrior.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Phrasing is always confusing in these conversations

I think he was saying spoj is that it’s a 4% group buff, or a 4% increase to 4 members for an additive 16% worth of personal dps increases, so if a single player had to take it over they’d have to raise their dps by 16%, then in reality because warrior isn’t the highest dps profession in itself at that point, it’s likely closer to 20% because you have to make up for the Ele’s 4% increases which are of more value than the warrior.

And that problem doesn’t make any more sense >.< Anyways, he’s right, it’s just always confusing.

To make it as simple as possible.

10k, 10k, 10k, 10k, 10k. Now 4 of them increased by 4%
10.4k, 10.4k, 10.4k, 10.4k, 10k Now shift all the gains on to the last one
10k, 10k, 10k, 10k, 11.6k the last guy had to increase by 16%

(edited by Jerus.4350)

deSade.9437

I’m kittened because stupid pet won’t get buffed by anything. No spotter, no ea, no thingyrevenantsgive, no nothing. It ain’t kittening FAIR, it ain’t. You Iresomething Dev Withacrazy-Name: you better not kittening drop this one.
… phah, whatever, even my cat knows they’re not gonna address the buffing issues. It’s only relevant in pve, not in pvp, and only in situations where the player isn’t content with pewpewing from afar and the pet tanking.

Miku Lawrence.6329

Wording Wars 2.

Snow Crows [SC]

deSade.9437

Kittening wars 2.

Wethospu.6437

I’m curious. What food people use in their dungeon tours and how much gold/h you make?

NikeEU.7690

I would assume most people run Truffle Steak or Steak and Asparagus and conservatively 10g/hr.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Wethospu.6437

High end food (100/80) is like a 5 dps increase. Up to 50% of dungeon time is spent fighting so using high end food means about 2.5% increased g/hr.

Using Truffle Steak requires 40 silvers per hour. 2.5% of 10g is 25 silvers. So using Truffle Steak means about 15 silver loss per hour.

Similarly 80/60 is a 4% dps increase and 2% of 10g is 20 silvers. So using Asparagus means about 5 silver increase per hour.

Griffon Egg Omelet (60/50) is like a 3% dps increase and 1.5% of 10g is 15 silvers. Using it means 13.5 silver increase per hour.

Why all guides suggest using high end or mid end food?

NikeEU.7690

High end food (100/80) is like a 5 dps increase. Up to 50% of dungeon time is spent fighting so using high end food means about 2.5% increased g/hr.

Using Truffle Steak requires 40 silvers per hour. 2.5% of 10g is 25 silvers. So using Truffle Steak means about 15 silver loss per hour.

Similarly 80/60 is a 4% dps increase and 2% of 10g is 20 silvers. So using Asparagus means about 5 silver increase per hour.

Griffon Egg Omelet (60/50) is like a 3% dps increase and 1.5% of 10g is 15 silvers. Using it means 13.5 silver increase per hour.

Why all guides suggest using high end or mid end food?

Because people don’t write build guides to maximize gold per hour, but to maximize build quality.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Wethospu.6437

NikeEU.7690

edit: nm not worth it.