Twilight Arbor: Forward Up

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: WingzofIsis.4809

WingzofIsis.4809

Is it just me or is TA Forward up way to hard for a lvl 55 dungeon? A full guild run on vent with lvl 80s wiped. I’ve seen the video where they burn him in under 50 seconds, but unless you bring a group specifically for that dungeon (no pugs allowed), you just aren’t getting it, or am I missing something?

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

yes, the last boss require coordination and specific skillsets

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

You’re missing something.

[DnT]

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Coordinate. Cycle Reflects. Use high damage weapons. Use gear with power as primary.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: gunnerCRO.5017

gunnerCRO.5017

I did it just yesterday in pug so it can be done. However, the truth is that the path requires rather specific group. For example, we had 2 guardians, warrior and 2 mesmers (one of them being me). We agreed on projectile reflection cycle before engaging the last boss. Also, we had two time warps so we had to establish who goes first. Furthermore, i told everyone to stack up might at the beginning of the fight so i can double my boons and give it to party. All in all we melted him pretty fast, under a minute for sure (we were in melee of course). Even with all that coordination I ended up dead at the very end – which didn’t really matter as i got 60 tokens

(edited by gunnerCRO.5017)

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

You can also run around him counter clockwise, running and gunning him down. Just make to bring some reflection/defensive skills.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Wukunlin.8461

I did it just yesterday in pug so it can be done. However, the truth is that the path requires rather specific group. For example, we had 2 guardians, warrior and 2 mesmers (one of them being me). We agreed on projectile reflection cycle before engaging the last boss. Also, we had two time warps so we had to establish who goes first. Furthermore, i told everyone to stack up might at the beginning of the fight so i can double my boons and give it to party. All in all we melted him pretty fast, under a minute for sure (we were in melee of course). Even with all that coordination I ended up dead at the very end – which didn’t really matter as i got 60 tokens

And that my friend, is what all boss fights in the game should be like. Plan ahead, communicate, get results. Also, you should be able to avoid death in the end if you spam dodges and distortion and leave the instance as soon as you get your reward pop up.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

You know you can still outrange him, don’t you?

[rT]

Wukunlin.8461

Time to look for my warrior rifle build guides then

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

._.

Kill all the waves of spiders then don’t aggro more…

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

What do you mean by this? You can’t range him at the entrance like groups used to do pre-patch.

Anubarak.3012

What do you mean by this? You can’t range him at the entrance like groups used to do pre-patch.

You can….. You have to kill all spiders in the room, kill them, they will respawn, you kill them again, they will respawn again and so on….
after about 5 minutes the spiders will spawn behind the boss and you will be able to kill him in 1200 range (like prepatch) without pulling aggro of the spiders
I did it a few times with pugs.

Of course the fight will take 10 – 15 minutes with this method but it is better then nothing

[rT]

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

You can….. You have to kill all spiders in the room, kill them, they will respawn, you kill them again, they will respawn again and so on….
after about 5 minutes the spiders will spawn behind the boss and you will be able to kill him in 1200 range (like prepatch) without pulling aggro of the spiders
I did it a few times with pugs.

Of course the fight will take 10 – 15 minutes with this method but it is better then nothing

Have you done this in the past month? Also what group did you have that you could take head on the entire room full of spiders on reset? I’ve pugged this at least 5 times in the past week, and after reset there was no way we could kill those spiders (there are at least 5 vets and god knows how many hatchling) , plus trying to dodge the trees attacks. If you have any specific tips on clearing the spiders (especially after reset) I’d love to hear them.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

….plus trying to dodge the trees attacks. If you have any specific tips on clearing the spiders (especially after reset) I’d love to hear them.

You know the Nightmare Tree itself on this path doesn’t do anything right? As in, its attacks are ignorable, the only attack the tree does that is important is when he shakes, which spawns the spiders.

The entire point of this fight is just to find a way to deal with the mobs of spiders, whether it be kiting and circling the tree in 1 direction, or face-tanking with reflection.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I did for/up with pugs 2-3 times, (only did it with pugs), don’t think we wiped even once, I don’t get what so hard about this path

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I did for/up with pugs 2-3 times, (only did it with pugs), don’t think we wiped even once, I don’t get what so hard about this path

You are lucky then. I have PUG’d this path at least 5 times in the last two weeks and we never came close to beating it.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

….plus trying to dodge the trees attacks. If you have any specific tips on clearing the spiders (especially after reset) I’d love to hear them.

You know the Nightmare Tree itself on this path doesn’t do anything right? As in, its attacks are ignorable, the only attack the tree does that is important is when he shakes, which spawns the spiders.

The entire point of this fight is just to find a way to deal with the mobs of spiders, whether it be kiting and circling the tree in 1 direction, or face-tanking with reflection.

He ground slams and will root you in place, then will do a big aoe. Try it some time, after reset stand just in agro range, wait a moment, and you will be instantly downed. Before the spiders even get to you. Then have one of your party go in and watch what happens. A big root spike will come out of the ground. This is what makes kiting so tricky – not just avoiding the spiders but watching for ground slams so you don’t get rooted.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Anubarak.3012

Have you done this in the past month? Also what group did you have that you could take head on the entire room full of spiders on reset? I’ve pugged this at least 5 times in the past week, and after reset there was no way we could kill those spiders (there are at least 5 vets and god knows how many hatchling) , plus trying to dodge the trees attacks. If you have any specific tips on clearing the spiders (especially after reset) I’d love to hear them.

Yes last week – twice
We had one lvl 60 warrior (me) 1 guarian, 2 D/D elementalists (without hammer or sword) and 1 random I can’t remember what he was.
It was very easy, at first we tried the melee reflect method but we failed very hard. After 2 fails we started to stay in range and kill all the spiders, one by one – then we attacked the tree, pulled spiders, killed spiders and killed again and again for about 9 minutes.
They don’t respawn endless in front of the tree so after a long time we could attack him brain afk without spiders

[rT]

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

This again…
face/keyboard.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

This again…
face/keyboard.

well its a good way to know if your in the dungeon forum, is there a new TA F/U thread? If yes your in the dungeon forum. Easy.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Broadicea.8294

Posted by: WingzofIsis.4809

WingzofIsis.4809

Thanks. Got what I needed to know out of it.

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Wukunlin.8461

The reason I didn’t decide to quote that post is because it looks like the OP has done some sort of research himself (watched the videos) and wants some clarifications instead of a generic OMG NERF thread

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

Having played F/U a few more times in the last week I don’t think it’s too hard, multiple tactics seem to work.

THE REAL ISSUE I feel is that it doesn’t reset properly if you fail it. Making it much harder on subsequent attempts.

Fix it so the spiders disperse when it resets and I think it’s good.

Posted by: Tenebraruna.8972

Tenebraruna.8972

I tryed to do this path yesterday evening, my gruop failed, and we gave up to finish this istance. How could it be so hard an istance level 50? Something is wrong, there are too much spiders, and damage recived is too much high.

Posted by: bartem.2731

bartem.2731

I did this with a pug yesterday, after failing 10 times or so, while lying dead on the ground watching properly, I noticed the telegraph of the instant downer which is also the spider summoning move. When tree starts shaking his leaves, 1 2 3 dodge, in fact double dodge. We had very little spiders summon for the rest of the fight when I told this to the party. With a single guardian, two rangers, necro and an ele, we killed the tree. It took awhile, but once we figured it out, it was surprisingly easy. or we were lucky re spider spawns.

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

I don’t know if they changed the boss since the last time I did it (9 months ago), but that boss is actually soloable (I’m not joking). Spiders spawn randomly around the room but there is a maximum amount of spider. Just kill the spiders that are in front of the boss until the maximum amount of spider have spawned behind the boss. Then cheese it with range attacks as the spiders in the the back of the room doesn’t agro.

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

I don’t know if they changed the boss since the last time I did it (9 months ago), but that boss is actually soloable (I’m not joking). Spiders spawn randomly around the room but there is a maximum amount of spider. Just kill the spiders that are in front of the boss until the maximum amount of spider have spawned behind the boss. Then cheese it with range attacks as the spiders in the the back of the room doesn’t agro.

They have changed it

Posted by: Kagato.5390

Kagato.5390

Completely incorrect. The tree bombards you (which also spawns spiders) for 2.5k damage 5 times (level 80 Mes with zerker gear) which equates to about 12.5k damage in one second. The tree also impales you and the mortars that spawn at the entrance can hit up to 2k damage on you using a ‘red’ attack (so says the combat log).

Broadicea.8294

Doesn’t he only do the shake and spider spawn move if you’re at range?

Posted by: Kagato.5390

Kagato.5390

Yes which can be a problem if he decides to open with the bombardment. Hits all teammates running in for the same amount. Either they’re almost dead or downed and then the spiders finish them off. I think this encounter would be better if the spiders reset on wipe like they are supposed to.

Posted by: hagop.1052

hagop.1052

I thought I will repost my answer about how to do this dungeon now. Earlier this boss was really easy, but June ? patch made it one of toughest fights if you don’t know the right tactics. I have done it last Sunday using tactics from that video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5drmLuDu9Gs . Just forward to 11:30 and check their tactics. This is by far the safest and most efficient way to complete it right now. You need two guardians with skills: spirit shield of the avenger+sanctuary+wall of reflection+tome of wrath and trait: spirit weapon last 50% longer. While first guardian uses shields, 2nd uses tome of wrath and 4 skill to give haste and staff skill to give might. We used 3 berserk warriors, but I think you can still use any 3 pure berserk classes, but 2 guardians+3 warriors is probably best way to beat it. Just make sure you use food buffs, banners, traits to give you power. Focus on power because tree is invulnerable to critical hits, so use soldier or valkyrie or berserker armor. Guardians will provide enough defence from projectiles you can easily survive with pure berserk. Also communicate who is using their shield first and once first guardian will run out from defence shields make sure 2nd guardian will use their ones.
It might be possible to do it with one guardian and 4 berserker(power) classes using the same tactics but it leaves no room for error.

Posted by: Slanderous.2586

Slanderous.2586

Just completed this in a pug from LFG. Profession makeup was a DS Necro, Guardian, me (Zerker warrior Axe/Mace+GS 30/0/0/10/30) SB Ranger, and a Mesmer.

The DPS was solid, but it really all came down on the Mesmer and Guardian timing their shields properly. I’ve been running this place non stop, easily over two dozen times in the past three days or so. I’ve run it with pugs, with guildies, with more pugs, and more guildies. The past attempts just couldn’t get the timing down well enough. We did have about five seconds where we had to dodge out of poisons because of CD’s or an error, I’m not sure which. We just ran in one circle around the boss, met back up, and re-shielded. All of us but the Mesmer ended up dying on the last few hits.

It’s definitely doable. Just find two to three people who will shield, and who are willing to build around it, and time it properly. It’s just that simple.