Your best LFG reads and puglife stories

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

See u just need to farm ap. Then you can roll with the big boys and their sceptre shield AH guardians. Simple really.

:3
Thanks mindbrain!

I have palyed GW2 on/off since august ‘12.
I only have 4k AP (almost).
That means, i never get to play with you, right? :’(

I hope you don’t mean with me. You don’t know what you’d get yourself into. Drunken runs? Afk runs? Freaking-out-omg-i-suck-i-hate-myself runs? Forget-to-stow-pet-and-kill-everyone runs? No wonder everyone started running away from me, I’m a calamity.
Swifty, on the other hand… but no, we can’t play with the mindbrain. Too much. My own mindbrain would melt in the presence of a real Grandmaster.

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

I like the secret way to solo the most…

Attachments:

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

deSade.9437

Forgot to post: had some fun at the expense of a poor pug with a very bad sense of humour.
The lfg stated: “condi necro or ah guardian”

Needless to say, he aggroed half the room while fighting the crusher, we wiped the floor; things like that… Made me notice that my patience is now so thin it breaks with anything. Indeed lost it at p2, after some guy died about 4 times from the very first deadeye, mistformed out of my shadow refuge, mistformed when we tried to ress him, then aggroed the mobs on us while we finally gave up on trying to ress and started Belka.
/sigh
I’m gettin’ old.

Attachments:

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

He most likely did mistformed on purpose to troll you.
I mean he can’t possibly aim for being the worst team-player ever, no could he? (or she)

Also, you do have a legendary.
I do not have a legendary.
I want a legendary.
I hate you.
(i actually love you and hate myself, because the little gold i make is instantly spend on shenanigans like mini-worms and toilet flushing.)

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

deSade.9437

I mean he can’t possibly aim for being the worst team-player ever, no could he? (or she)

I want a legendary.
I hate you.
(i actually love you and hate myself, because the little gold i make is instantly spend on shenanigans like mini-worms and toilet flushing.)

I hope he did it on purpose.
I love you too I think we’d make a great couple, if I hadn’t already been taken… at least by, like, 20 people.
I’m a little worn.
And I got 5 leggies, not 1
/air kiss
But I do feel you, I was trying to make another and I CAN’T because I’m not playing enough and all I spend is wasted on the godkitten ed DYES and GEM STORE SKINS.
Jerus.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I want a legendary.
I hate you.

I hope he did it on purpose.
I love you too I think we’d make a great couple, if I hadn’t already been taken… at least by, like, 20 people.
I’m a little worn.
And I got 5 leggies, not 1
/air kiss
But I do feel you, I was trying to make another and I CAN’T because I’m not playing enough and all I spend is wasted on the godkitten ed DYES and GEM STORE SKINS.
Jerus.

:) everytime you use that swap it makes me smile. Jerus has been a nickname of mine for years, but in one of my old games there was a Prefix “Lord” and a tough to get (requiring a raid) Title “the Savior” which because of my name my guild saw fit to give one of the first ones to me, so I could do “Lord Jerus Chwist the Savior.” Brought laughs for a long time.

I’m with ya both with not having much gold now though. My play time has been cut a lot. While I probably have 1k gold in resources, I kinda like holding onto them for if/when I play again to use for legendaries and what not. My actual liquid assets are small compared to when I actually played regularly.

deSade.9437

“Lord Jerus Chwist the Savior.”

Beheheahahahah
/giggles hysterically
Awesome!
I never really played any mmo before gw, sooo… never had any nickname, unless you count the ones they gave me irl. I doubt stuff like “you piece of @%#” counts tho.
I really like giving and hearing other people’s nicknames.

And well, I do have 2 bl skins that I could sell… COULD, but I don’t think I will. I’m gonna use them, knowing myself.
I’m seriously a fashion addict.

P.S. Wow, the things happening in my chat. I can’t even send a screen because they’re just too… dirty.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I spent all my liquid assest just to win over deSade in terms of fashion.

Legendaries: 5+1

deSade pls! You don’t even stock enough t-charges. How do you keep up with fashion?!!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

Swifty, on the other hand… but no, we can’t play with the mindbrain. Too much. My own mindbrain would melt in the presence of a real Grandmaster.

Pug more often, you’ll run into her more often than not. Then you can combine powers to smite down the gs mesmers or staff necros that join meta lfg’s

deSade.9437

I… well… work in la at night? I suppose. To pay for t-charges.
I just… need to stop… to spend them for a kitten minute. So they can accumulate.
And kitten now I’m tempted to sell everything and make fsp… but no! Gotta resist and wait for the new leggies.
Ungh.

I don’t think mindbrain has an eu account? Or does she… either way, I don’t play better than a pug so she wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Stack Dem Warriors!

On a side note, I still find it annoying to blast 25 stacks of might and feel good about the group I am in, only to have the other guard us a staff and cut the duration of said might in half

Attachments:

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Being the pug in a fractal group of 3 I expected the other players to atleast know their class.

Boy, was I wrong.

Staff ele not using lavafont or meteor shower
Thief camping shortbow.
Guardian camping staff.
Pug engineer who was playing perfectly

We wipe at grawl, ask ele if he has a offhand focus to help with the 2nd phases since they won’t take advantage of my WOR or GS #5. Guy answers for the ele, “He’s a staff ele. Not a focus ele.”

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

So today I was selling AC p3 and this nice individual joined my party. He was running around in random directions so I asked him whether he wanted to buy the path and in that case send the money to me.

Then this conversation happened.

By the way, he didn’t change the Sigils on the Sunrise he pinged me :x

Attachments:

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

I keep seeing these “zerg” dungeon parties. Not sure if Zerg builds are the most appropriate for PvE.

inb4: zerk

deSade.9437

Zerk.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

So today I was selling AC p3 and this nice individual joined my party. He was running around in random directions so I asked him whether he wanted to buy the path and in that case send the money to me.

Then this conversation happened.

By the way, he didn’t change the Sigils on the Sunrise he pinged me :x

What sigils?

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Was in CoE a few weeks back. PUG group of 4 Necromancer and 1 Warrior. I was a Necro, of course. P2 subject alpha 2 we wipe at least 3 times. Everyone runs their own build. I ask Necros to all equip dagger to do dps and break crystals, trait Transfusion for DS heals, and trait and run wells for AoE heal and dps, then stack on subject alpha. Super easy win in less than 30 sec with no one dropping below 90%. Traiting was pure overkill. No one needed DS.

Build makes a huge difference, sometimes. Communicating what to run and why really works.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I keep seeing these “zerg” dungeon parties. Not sure if Zerg builds are the most appropriate for PvE.

How do you have a zerg with five or less?

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

How do you have a zerg with five or less?

Minion Masters

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Just 6pool them every time and make sure to pull your drones as well, works perfectly fine.
gg no re

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

this is so pathetic :p

Attachments:

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Filthy elitists.

Attachments:

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

For some strange reason this just didn’t fill up…

Attachments:

Iris Ng.9845

No. The point is underwater glitching is lazy and lame, Hex-er!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Iris Ng.9845

So is bringing two necros to Mossman. I’m against pulling Mossy underwater, but I’m also against double necro in F50 as it’s just wasting other peoples time.

Even that necro can perfectly solo any encounters in fractals. R u srs? Since when people are not allowed to do what they can effectively in fractal or even pug? Not talking about deliberately glitching the boss. Lol.

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Iris Ng.9845

By your logic, people should also pull Mossman underwater.

Your answer speaks a lot about your top tier gaming experience. Full of logic and never tryhards enough /s

sorrychief.2563

Filthy elitists.

wait wat

champion magus

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’d rather have 2 necros than pulling mossman in the water but then again I also waste time by not doing fotm with 5 man groups, so… kinda biased.

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

When I’m bored, sometimes I will join a group of complete first timers and carry them through Arah. To make it more fun, I limit myself to no chat, only emotes. (/e emotes aren’t allowed) I usually do this with path 4, but today I was only able to find a p1/2 group, but it was still pretty interesting..

For starters, they didn’t even know about the detonator to blow up the mobs. In path 1, when I killed them they thought I did some crazy move to kill them all (this is after soloing Ooze/Champs after they all wiped). They didn’t learn about the button until path 2…

Also, somewhere along the way, I picked up the nickname “Legendary Mime Unicorn Thief.” I like it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

Obligatory………….

Attachments:

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Obligatory………….

Wait… you can play revenant in dungeons during Betas now?

Posted by: frifoxy.6014

frifoxy.6014

Pugging arah, lfg is “no lupi 1 shots. p3 exp zerks only”. Just before lupi I say to guard “do not use WoR on the wall” to make sure he gets it. Well, the guard still drops the WoR on the wall, funny enough failing to 1 shot but do getting him to around 10%. When asked why, all I got was “you must be out of your mind if you plan doing him legit”…

Couldn’t even kick the offender too because apparently everyone in the party were expecting the 1 shot too… :/

Mesmer Calc: Power DPS | Condi DPS
Mesmer Data: Attack Rates & Coefficients
Other Stuff: Youtube

Tom Yzf.5872

equip everyone of your characters with a certain sigil. problem solved.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Thought they fixed that?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Frifox, stahp…That hurts to read…

I swear, every time I think about logging in to do dungeons, somebody posts something that reminds me how bad an experience it is these days. I seriously didn’t think it would have actually gotten worse while I’ve been away :/

When I’m bored, sometimes I will join a group of complete first timers and carry them through Arah. To make it more fun, I limit myself to no chat, only emotes. (/e emotes aren’t allowed) I usually do this with path 4, but today I was only able to find a p1/2 group, but it was still pretty interesting..

For starters, they didn’t even know about the detonator to blow up the mobs. In path 1, when I killed them they thought I did some crazy move to kill them all (this is after soloing Ooze/Champs after they all wiped). They didn’t learn about the button until path 2…

Also, somewhere along the way, I picked up the nickname “Legendary Mime Unicorn Thief.” I like it.

This is so awesome xD Love the chat.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Frifox, stahp…That hurts to read…

I swear, every time I think about logging in to do dungeons, somebody posts something that reminds me how bad an experience it is these days. I seriously didn’t think it would have actually gotten worse while I’ve been away :/

This is so awesome xD Love the chat.

HAHAHAHA! He wants to THANK YOU!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/37hykk/shouts_out_to_the_mute_thief_who_helped_us_arah/

Tom Yzf.5872

Thought they fixed that?

Still works

Posted by: Kimi Chaika.9862

Kimi Chaika.9862

That was me in that group! It was my first time on any Arah paths and I still can’t believe all the champs the LMUT killed, us four noobs really only helped at the giant for like 30 seconds before getting trashed and watching as it was solo’d… I still bow to you, oh great Legendary Mime Unicorn Thief.

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

That was me in that group! It was my first time on any Arah paths and I still can’t believe all the champs the LMUT killed, us four noobs really only helped at the giant for like 30 seconds before getting trashed and watching as it was solo’d… I still bow to you, oh great Legendary Mime Unicorn Thief.

=)
This really makes me so happy haha

(edited by Stompy.1387)

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

=)

Awwww that’s so sweet

Wish more stories like this one made it into this thread.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

deSade.9437

I think my friend didn’t appreciate.

Attachments:

Posted by: LookAnAsian.4825

LookAnAsian.4825

Got served by a greatsword mesmer in zerk only CM.

‘If you knew anything about mesmer you would know that GS is good for certain situations’

I guess all of CM was a good situation for this. >_>

LOL. I think I was in this party… fun times :^)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

No mushrooms on that pizza.

deSade.9437

No mushrooms on that pizza.

He can’t deal with the mushroom.
And that’s why legend says he’s still there, waiting…

Iris Ng.9845

I’ll eat all the mushroom and cheese, u eat the bread.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I didn’t know they raised the might stacking beyond 25? I mean surely with an ele AND a PSEA warr, they could have 50 stacks of might!

Attachments:

Posted by: Leap.2760

Leap.2760

=)

This is the best story ever! I almost want to do this now.

sorrychief.2563

Got kicked from a pug fractal for being the last one to go down at Archdiviner. They also wiped earlier at Mossman and asked me to ping gear because I was the last to go down but got one shotted by an attack from stealth because let’s be honest a 10k base hp class can’t get one shotted by a fractal boss while 4 others are eating dirt.

I even offered to roll guardian if they had trouble dodging. Gotta love bad players.

champion magus

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Why metabattle is the cancer that is killing gw2?