500 AP for GW1 Hall of Monuments Intended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

What do achievement points represent?

They represent how much you’ve accomplished while playing Guild Wars 2. Adding achievement points from another game, even if you spent 1,000,000 hours invested in it, is wrong. They should reward your effort through cosmetic means, which they already did, but to give you achievement points making you look as if you achieved more in Guild Wars 2, where in fact you didn’t, is just dumb.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

We need a bit of unity and we need design decisions that foster unity.

That i can agree on. I just consider the dissent about HoM points to be a minor one (the argument about achievement points for dailies was much bigger, for example, and in it’s root is about the same thing).

I begin to wonder if such decisions even exist.

That, unfortunately, too. I’m afraid that ultimately Anet will have to decide what people this game is going to be designed for. Trying to satisfy everyone will not work, because the game managed to draw people from very different groups, whose needs are so different, that they often contradict.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

Just when complaints on this forum couldn’t get any dumber, they do

Posted by: Ruith.5861

Ruith.5861

I’m also not sure how a measly 500 point ACHIEVEMENT POINT (NOTICE I SAID THE WORDS – ACHIEVEMENT POINTS – NOTHING SIGNIFICANT TO GAMEPLAY OR PLAYER ABILITY) boost is considered arrogant. The work the players put into GW1 to achieve 50/50 (to get 500 points) took THOUSANDS of hours!

The title “God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals” is arrogant mate. Achievement points are not arrogant… how can a number be arrogant? Get real. So many people run around with this title … filling up our screens with unwanted spam. I ask you why we need so many gods… of course it is a reference to Ron Burgundy in the Anchorman films, so the joke is on the wearer of the title in any case – yet still they parade.

And buddy.. you are getting tiring with your support of the change… I’m over the moon for you really I am, that you happen to like the change. But some of us don’t – can’t you just accept that? It is a change that should not have happened because primarily of one reason, and I want you to read this and suck it up:

GW1 is not GW2

Ruith.5861

but 500 achievement points seems a lot to be rewarded for gaining achievements that aren’t even in this game.

Care to link us your HOM score then if you think it’s too easy?
http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome

There it is, don’t be shy!

It’s not about whether it’s easy or not… it’s not this game. End of story.

You don’t get to tell us when it’s the End of Story….

…Mainly b/c this is Guildwars Utopia retitled and they stopped updating the BETTER previous chapters to bring this expansion that lets ppl jump and dodge and farm COF again basically.

We get to keep our Achievement points, End of Story

I laughed my head off when I read the word “expansion” there. This is not an expansion, it is a new game. End of Story <—— notice the fact that it is a new game, not an expansion there….

Ruith.5861

500 points looks like a lot but it translate to what… an extra chest?

That’s not even what they’re QQing about. They’re upset that they got bumped down by others on the achievement leaderboard.

Not to mention, HOM points weren’t the only things that got a boost. But hey, HoM can’t be done in GW2 so target them as the cause of being bumped down.

Do we deserve to be upset? Given that you admit “HoM can’t be done in GW2” I think we do, don’t you? It is an unfair change that has angered many people and will be corrected in a future update, we can only hope.

Azraeel.1238

Just when complaints on this forum couldn’t get any dumber, they do

Your signature says it all!

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

oh just stop whining, who gives a kitten about the leader board anyway?

People who played GW1 were always going to get rewards in GW2, the 20 points wasn’t worth the time spent in GW1 to get them, 500 seems fair I guess, although I couldn’t give two kittens about where I am on the leader board.

Ruith.5861

Given the number of years many of us put into GW1, as opposed to the 1 year GW2 has been out, fair would be to make the HoM worth 50,000 points instead of a measly 500 ;-)

Agreed. I mean I could care less since they’re achievement points and affect nothing, but given the amount of work we did to get 50/50 I would not turn away anything extra.

If you love GW1 so much, go back to that game, seriously. This is not GW1, and to constantly have you “veterans” touted as some kind of reason for celebration when there are many of us who do not share your titles but who did play GW1 and support Anet just as much as you did yet do not get half as much recognition – well, it makes me wonder why we are playing GW2 in the first place.

Let’s also link PvP rankings to GW1 shall we? And let’s allow our wealth in GW1 to transfer over also! What else should we do? Let’s transfer over the number of character slots…

Posted by: Evgeni.7401

Evgeni.7401

So ARENAPaY u beated even EA. They even don’t dare to do such a thing in their leaderboards coz fans will kill them. You must be in very big need of $$$ to do such a thing. GW1 IS DEAD GAME. You just kitten ed most of the dedicated players. So if ppl want this 500 ap have to buy on the black market gw1 for around 150-200$ and to link it. AR$N$N$T next time if u need $$$ just put them in the trading post will be more beneficial for u. Before 20 ap was a lot in top 50 now 500 just destroyed the leaderboard. So leaderboards are now officially pay to win. Ty APAY. EA will be proud of you.

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

The achievements leaderboard is not and will not ever be competitive. Why? Because it is a time based achievement which heavily favors those who started playing the game earlier. You think someone who starts gw2 today has a chance? No.

Anyone who didn’t start playing gw2 on day one is late to the party. Similarly, anyone who didn’t play gw1 is also late to the party.

There is nothing competitive about the Achievements. Don’t delude yourself into thinking otherwise.

Azraeel.1238

The achievements leaderboard is not and will not ever be competitive. Why? Because it is a time based achievement which heavily favors those who started playing the game earlier. You think someone who starts gw2 today has a chance? No.

Anyone who didn’t start playing gw2 on day one is late to the party. Similarly, anyone who didn’t play gw1 is also late to the party.

There is nothing competitive about the Achievements. Don’t delude yourself into thinking otherwise.

At least those people can effectively say, they have been playing GUILD WARS 2, and not some other game.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Given the number of years many of us put into GW1, as opposed to the 1 year GW2 has been out, fair would be to make the HoM worth 50,000 points instead of a measly 500 ;-)

Agreed. I mean I could care less since they’re achievement points and affect nothing, but given the amount of work we did to get 50/50 I would not turn away anything extra.

If you love GW1 so much, go back to that game, seriously. This is not GW1, and to constantly have you “veterans” touted as some kind of reason for celebration when there are many of us who do not share your titles but who did play GW1 and support Anet just as much as you did yet do not get half as much recognition – well, it makes me wonder why we are playing GW2 in the first place.

Let’s also link PvP rankings to GW1 shall we? And let’s allow our wealth in GW1 to transfer over also! What else should we do? Let’s transfer over the number of character slots…

Except the HoM Achievement points are worthless. Just cause someone has 500 points from their HoM in GW1 doesn’t make them any better than anyone.

They are just points. There is tons of players that have tons more points than GW1 players, that never even played GW1. For instance, I only have 4k achievement points. And I played GW1 and got my extra 500 points from there. Does that mean I am better than everyone else all the sudden? I didn’t go up on the leaderboards or get any special advantage over anyone.

So exactly what is the big deal? This wasn’t a problem before and everyone knew about this since launch. Now all the sudden it is a big deal? Seriously?

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I’d gladly turn over the ap for a legendary, jus sayin.

The only part on the leaderboards that actually mean something beyond doing something in the game at least once or killing 1000 drakes are the pvp leaderboards. That actually carries weight. That actually says “I was a piece in the winning strategy”.

If pve had timed challenges, or do such and such under certain conditions then maybe ap gained from those could carry some weight, with me at least. That to me is competition. But if you have a million and one static feats that have no real skill required conditions besides maybe the tiny easily obtained ap feats in fractals (all of which I do believe can be exploited) or something like in the aetherblade retreat, then anybody can be there up on the leaderboards with a little effort. It was a dumb idea anyway tbh.

Oh yeah, being on the leaderboards doesn’t even make you a decent player. I suck at jump puzzles, just because I have the ap from them doesn’t suddenly mean that I’m “SUPERJUMPINGPIMPWHOCANJUMPJUMPITYJUMPJUMPANYTINGOMGWTFBBQSHOUTOUTTOJBEIBER” king. Hmm, is there a title for that?

(edited by Akari Storm.6809)

Balkanwarrior.5132

At least those people can effectively say, they have been playing GUILD WARS 2, and not some other game.

‘’Some other game’’

Show some respect . It can’t be just ‘’some other game’’ when your new game is named after it. Also, the user you quoted hit the nail on the head.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

This is Guild Wars 2. That means a Guild Wars came before it. It would be expected that there would be some sort of rewards for those loyal customers who stayed with the games through both iterations. This is certainly not the first game to do this, and most assuredly won’t be the last to do it.

I say “kudos” to Arenanet for the 50 AP. Especially if it’s 1 AP per HoM point, cause anyone who managed to get a full 50/50 in HoM certainly deserved it (I sure as crap didn’t and never will. Forget that. What a pain lol)

Tolmos.8395

‘’Some other game’’

Show some respect . It can’t be just ‘’some other game’’ when your new game is named after it. Also, the user you quoted hit the nail on the head.

Additionally, a large portion of the story from this game consists of backstory from that “other game”. This isn’t just some random selection they made- GW2 exists BECAUSE of GW1.

Balkanwarrior.5132

The only part on the leaderboards that actually mean something beyond doing something in the game at least once or killing 1000 drakes are the pvp leaderboards.

This x1000

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

This thread is a big joke. Delete all the pve leaderboards and save us from the drama of the “leet pve’ers” over nothing!

Posted by: Zero Tolerance.1539

Zero Tolerance.1539

This thread is a big joke. Delete all the pve leaderboards and save us from the drama of the “leet pve’ers” over nothing!

To be anywhere near the top on those boards you have to do PvP.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

This is Guild Wars 2. That means a Guild Wars came before it. It would be expected that there would be some sort of rewards for those loyal customers who stayed with the games through both iterations.

There are such rewards even without inflating AP gain from GW1.

Also, it might be noted that these bonus APs from GW1 are not loyalty rewards. There is no tie to how much a given player supported GW1 financially, or even how much time someone played. These are rewards for being willing to engage in specific grinds.

Someone who played ten thousand hours, bought six copies of each game, purchased every cash shop option available, and so on does not get these rewards for his loyalty, but someone who played a fraction of that time and spent a fraction of that amount can.

Hmm, for that matter I have spent approximately nine hundred dollars on GW2. Does that make me more loyal than someone who has not ? How many APs per dollar spent should we be getting for our loyalty ?

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Mada.5319

That “other game” is the reason gw2 even exists.

And at least I can say that I played a game that is superior to gw2 in almost every way and my dedication is being recognized

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

I have to say that i agree to the OP. Although i understand the most of the GW1 fanbase defending their Golden Boy status, this is a new a different game. It has been discussed over and over that GW2 is not GW1. It only shares the Lore and the Name. Nothing More.

To actually introduce such a difference from a Non-GW2 source is creating a handicap to those who want to be competitive (whatever the competitive reason they may bring).

To the OP, Achievement Points are in the same level of competitiveness as tPvP is to the professional teams, and the minis are to the collectors. Is it fair to give a sPvP player +10% of power, just because they played GW1?

To be fair, all the opinions pertaining this subject on the majority of the players here are completely biased, and i agree a dev, should answer this matter!

/cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Akari Storm.6809

The only leaderboard things that have ever mattered to me in any game are things like feats that can be bested.

Overall PvP rankings.
PvE timed challenges.
PvE challenges that can only be completed under certain circumstances. (Like WoW raiding first or I remember when in WotLK killing Sarth and his drakes).

I also don’t mind statistics being tracked like in shooters.

Knife kills, mine kills and other particular ways of killing opponents.

These leaderboards are a joke.

Hardly any of the pve achievements say you are decent at that aspect of the game. Most of the ones that do can be and have been exploited to death except Mad Kings Tower. The WvW achievements are just time based. Coming from SoR OP (i’m there too) you may reach a title faster than most if you put the time in.
I’ve seen you OP in spvp hotjoins (necro right?) so I know you at least dabble in pvp. I’ve seen you on the WvW portion of the forums. How can you even call meaningless ap competition and be serious about it?

I mean really? The majority of ap tells me one thing-that you did this one thing at least once. Doesn’t mean you are skilled at it. I mean c’mon, dailies count.

Astralporing.1957

Everyone on leaderboards can say that. Noone that didn’t put a lot of effort in GW2 can get anywhere close to the top 1000.
And for the new players it means exactly nothing – they still won’t be able to catch up.

Also, looking at the number changes, i’d say that only a minority of the top leaderboard players didn’t have HoM achievements to at least some degree. Most likely because of the advantage those that played from launchhave (and a very large percentage of headstart players came from gw1. And a lot of those not from gw1 were the locust that have left long ago).

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It took me years to get those achievements. I’d say they are worth a lot more points. This isn’t like the other achievements in GW2 that you can get in 1 day.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

I DON’T GET IT WHO ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT THE ACHIEVEMENT POINT LEADERBOARD???

Mada.5319

To be anywhere near the top on those boards you have to do PvP.

No you don’t

Akari Storm.6809

Kids with OCD!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I got my GW1 points (35) in a very few months. Bought some. Got others just playing the game.

Balkanwarrior.5132

Bad pve kids who need something to ‘’show off’’

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

It took me years to get those achievements. I’d say they are worth a lot more points. This isn’t like the other achievements in GW2 that you can get in 1 day.

Good for you. I’ve also spent years achieving things in other games!

GW2 is not GW1! Therefor, NON-GW2 achievements shouldn’t count to the total points. Skins and titles are more than enough to reward GW1 players for their “loyalty”.

PS: I find amusing the players stating they are being rewarded for their loyalty, when most of the times, they spend their time raging @ ANet in the forums, and crying on how this is so different from GW1. Pure hypocrisy…

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Astralporing.1957

PvP dailies done every day do help a lot. You don’t have to be any good at pvp to get them, though.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: ocfallwind.4821

ocfallwind.4821

Yea why would players who supported GW1 got unique skins and titles too?! They played a different game so they can have something that GW2 players can’t have?! It’s UNFAIR!!1!1!!!!

And why would GW2 got all those lore reference from GW1?! They are two different games so why would people who played GW1 get to know something GW2 players don’t?! It’s TOTALLY UNFAIR!!1!1!!!!

I know you can always go back to GW1 but I don’t care! That’s just unfair!

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

Yea why would players who supported GW1 got unique skins and titles too?! They played a different game so they can have something that GW2 players can’t have?! It’s UNFAIR!!1!1!!!!

And why would GW2 got all those lore reference from GW1?! They are two different games so why would people who played GW1 get to know something GW2 players don’t?! It’s TOTALLY UNFAIR!!1!1!!!!

I know you can always go back to GW1 but I don’t care! That’s just unfair!

I LOL’ed so much! Thanx mate! You pretty much summarized the whole drama.

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

I 100% guarantee if those who hadn’t received the HoM points, did have them right now, not a single complaint would be on the forums from them. Seriously, I found those 5 pts per 10 HoM abyssmal. Now we’ve been rewarded justly for our years worth of gameplay. And who honestly cares about achievement leaderboards? Or leaderboards altogether? Could you get any more self centered?

Just let it go. What’s done is done. We’ve been rewarded for actually playing the game. 50/50 HoM isn’t done overnight. It’s years worth of work…

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I think all those achievement points from dailies and monthlies should be removed.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Like someone stated. Obviously ArenaNet felt the points were not adequate to what was originally awarded, and thus it was changed.

I knew this would go back and forth, but this is simply an argument/opinion about whether or not GW1 players who achieved HoM points should get the extra points. Personally they can take the 500 points away from my leader board status, and only include it on my account. AP’s are a personal commemorate, nothing more.

I wanted to add to anyone who thinks “God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals” has anything to do with HoM, this is completely wrong as this was carried over simply for those people who worked specifically for that title. You could achieve the 50/50 without achieving GWAMM.

(edited by Antara.3189)

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The pve leaderboards measure the time invested and dedicated on this game, and indirectly on anet as a whole. It’s not a competitive leaderboard system, unlike pvp’s, but more like a “thanks for supporting us” hall of fame.

In that regard, I think the free extra chest for the players that have invested years on GW1 is well deserved. Even more so, it’s part of a promise. Anet has promised us that our dedication in GW1 would be worth cosmetic skins and acchievement points. For those who like or use the skins, cool for them; but for those who don’t, the extra points were pretty meaningless.

After this update, their dedication for GW1 is worth an extra chest. And because, in this game, it’s easy to get more acchievement points thanks to the dailies and monthlies, I’d say it’s perfectly fair as it is.

People will always complain about everything. If this change didn’t happen, the dedicated GW1 players would now be complaining (and rightfully so) that their investment gave them meaningless acchievement points. In the end, Anet decided to offer them this little extra, and I see it as a good thing.

Thanks, Anet!

Posted by: Falcon.6521

Falcon.6521

Since there is no information in the patch notes it is obviously a bug.

An official answer would be nice since the discussion is getting quite heated.

Tolmos.8395

This is Guild Wars 2. That means a Guild Wars came before it. It would be expected that there would be some sort of rewards for those loyal customers who stayed with the games through both iterations.

There are such rewards even without inflating AP gain from GW1.

Also, it might be noted that these bonus APs from GW1 are not loyalty rewards. There is no tie to how much a given player supported GW1 financially, or even how much time someone played. These are rewards for being willing to engage in specific grinds.

Someone who played ten thousand hours, bought six copies of each game, purchased every cash shop option available, and so on does not get these rewards for his loyalty, but someone who played a fraction of that time and spent a fraction of that amount can.

Hmm, for that matter I have spent approximately nine hundred dollars on GW2. Does that make me more loyal than someone who has not ? How many APs per dollar spent should we be getting for our loyalty ?

I played for roughly 3000 hours before HoM became a thing and the knowledge of GW2 rewards came about. Just by playing those 3000 hours doing whatever looked fun, I achieved 24/50 of the HoM points. I never really went back to get any others.

Someone who played GW1 at for 10,000 would have to try really really hard to not end up with 40 HoM points just doing whatever. They would actively have to AVOID HoM stuff to get less than 40.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Hardly any of the pve achievements say you are decent at that aspect of the game. Most of the ones that do can be and have been exploited to death except Mad Kings Tower. The WvW achievements are just time based. Coming from SoR OP (i’m there too) you may reach a title faster than most if you put the time in.
I’ve seen you OP in spvp hotjoins (necro right?) so I know you at least dabble in pvp. I’ve seen you on the WvW portion of the forums. How can you even call meaningless ap competition and be serious about it?

I mean really? The majority of ap tells me one thing-that you did this one thing at least once. Doesn’t mean you are skilled at it. I mean c’mon, dailies count.

Yes, WvW achievements are just time based, but they are not the only useless achievements that tell nothing about a person’s skill in a particular part of the game.
Some more:

Keg Brawl achievements are the best joke ever…. Grab a friend, go into Keg Brawl and start exchanging kegs to get lots of APs, amazing Keg Brawl skills there!
Create a Custom Arena and start “farming” wins/points with your friends, amazing PVP skills right? Or simply do your PvP daily without a clue of what PvP is.
Aetherblade dungeon achievements were ALL bugged. With your friends/guildies you could just die at the start and let the other 4 do everything for you and you would get the achievements, superb design right there. Repeat as many times as needed for everyone to get them! Amazing PvE/dungeon skills there!
Portal-using Mesmers at Jumping Puzzles…. are just making these worthless. Fortunately the goggles where in such a tricky spot that even with a portal you could fail.
The Explorable Dungeon achievement… yes run CoF P1 1000000 times and you are the master of Dungeon running! Fortunately, for the repeatable version to appear you need to do each path at least once first.

And yet these achievements that are actually hard to get are causing trouble…

Posted by: Braxis.8396

Braxis.8396

You know nothing, when we bought eotn we were promised a reward in gw2. Now we get them, after all its guild wars “2”.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I don’t think you guys appreciate how hard it is to earn achievements in GW1.

Take example legendary vanquisher – comprises 3 components (vanquisher of tyria/cantha/elona). To get one of those titles you must “vanquish” every zone in that map (In hard mode. Which would have some of the GW2 casuals screaming in horror as enemies use elite skills, advanced strategies and teamwork to kick your kitten

In GW1 mobs didn’t respawn in a given zone until you left it, most maps had around 200-400 enemies. In order to vanquish it you had to kill every single enemy in the zone, an exercise that’d typically take an hour or more. if you logged out, or died too many times you’d have to start over.

If you could kill every single enemy in every single zone in every single map – you’d get the legendary vanquisher title which amounts to 4 achievements; not even enough to get to the first milestone (5 achievements) in GW2 worth a “mere” 50 points

When you see a guy with 350… 400 GW1 HoM earned achievement points, he no doubt spent thousands of hours over many years earing that

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

PvP dailies done every day do help a lot. You don’t have to be any good at pvp to get them, though.

Yep. The easiest way to get the PvP dailies done is getting inside an arena and farm them with friends, it takes a few minutes. A Custom Arena can make this even easier but they are costly.

Posted by: Curuglas.1847

Curuglas.1847

GW2 is not GW1! Therefor, NON-GW2 achievements shouldn’t count to the total points. Skins and titles are more than enough to reward GW1 players for their “loyalty”.

100% agree. +1

Those players have been rewarded with unique skins, titles, pets and a small AP bonus – previously 20 points, worth about 2 dailies… Now they did, well, nothing, but were handed up to an additional 480 points (worth almost a month’s dailies).

The achievement points should reflect only those things you achieved in GW2, not GW1 nor any other game you might have played in the past.

As for some people here suggesting, that new players cannot get in the upper leaderboard ranks, yes, that is sadly true, and one part of the problem there might be the points awarded by dailies and monthlies, yet another even more annoying problem is the short-term “Historical” content like Sky Pirates, Dragon Bash, SAB, etc. ANet should bring these historical achievements back in some private instance, so even new people can achieve those points and enjoy the stories.

Thus, I suggest, ANet should do those things:
1) Bring back all “Historical” content in private instances
2) Award 0 AP for HoM
3) Award AP for dailies and monthlies like Hobby Dungeon Explorer, i.e. you can get up to x points, i.e. 500, in those categories and further completions bring laurels, karma, etc. but count for 0 AP.

This way you only get those points everyone can get in GW2 at any time they joined. This way the AP score actually means something like “game completion”.

Braxis.8396

I don’t think you guys appreciate how hard it is to earn achievements in GW1.

Take example legendary vanquisher – comprises 3 components (vanquisher of tyria/cantha/elona). To get one of those titles you must “vanquish” every zone in that map.

In GW1 mobs didn’t respawn in a given zone until you left it, most maps had around 200-400 enemies. In order to vanquish it you had to kill every single enemy in the zone, an exercise that’d typically take an hour or more. if you logged out, or died too many times you’d have to start over.

If you could kill every single enemy in every single zone in every single map – you’d get the legendary vanquisher title which amounts to 4 achievements; not even enough to get to the first milestone (5 achievements) in GW2 worth a “mere” 50 points

When you see a guy with 350… 400 GW1 HoM earned achievement points, he no doubt spent thousands of hours over many years earing that

Don’t forget to tell that we had 4x more maps to clean …

Braxis.8396

100% agree. +1

Those players have been rewarded with unique skins, titles, pets and a small AP bonus – previously 20 points, worth about 2 dailies… Now they did, well, nothing, but were handed up to an additional 480 points (worth almost a month’s dailies).

The achievement points should reflect only those things you achieved in GW2, not GW1 nor any other game you might have played in the past.

As for some people here suggesting, that new players cannot get in the upper leaderboard ranks, yes, that is sadly true, and one part of the problem there might be the points awarded by dailies and monthlies, yet another even more annoying problem is the short-term “Historical” content like Sky Pirates, Dragon Bash, SAB, etc. ANet should bring these historical achievements back in some private instance, so even new people can achieve those points and enjoy the stories.

Thus, I suggest, ANet should do those things:
1) Bring back all “Historical” content in private instances
2) Award 0 AP for HoM
3) Award AP for dailies and monthlies like Hobby Dungeon Explorer, i.e. you can get up to x points, i.e. 500, in those categories and further completions bring laurels, karma, etc. but count for 0 AP.

This way you only get those points everyone can get in GW2 at any time they joined. This way the AP score actually means something like “game completion”.

Skins are ugly, no one use content of hom in gw2

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Looks like someone didn’t put in their time to earn their rewards and now they are jealous.

The devs can’t fix jealousy. You are however more than welcome to play GW1 and earn the rewards like everyone else.

Based on difficulty these should be worth 100pts each, not just a measly 50.

Astralporing.1957

Based on difficulty these should be worth 100pts each, not just a measly 50.

Lol, if we compare the HoM points difficulty to other achievements in GW2, it’s more like 500 each

Actions, not words.