500 AP for GW1 Hall of Monuments Intended?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

Based on difficulty these should be worth 100pts each, not just a measly 50.

Lol, if we compare the HoM points difficulty to other achievements in GW2, it’s more like 500 each

And I’ve beaten Ghost and Goblins on the NES without any continue cheats which is way harder. I should get 5000 achievement points in GW2 for that.. oh wait.. It’s not the same game!

Posted by: Curuglas.1847

Curuglas.1847

Sure, get 100 Points for GW1 in GW1 but please, GW2 is another game, so it should be worth 0 Points in GW2.

I, too, have played another game before and achieved a lot there, so I think if players get 500 points for playing one other game here, other players that played other games should get 500 points for those games, too.

Just remember: GW2 is not GW1 – they just share a common developer and story background.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Sure, get 100 Points for GW1 in GW1 but please, GW2 is another game, so it should be worth 0 Points in GW2.

I, too, have played another game before and achieved a lot there, so I think if players get 500 points for playing one other game here, other players that played other games should get 500 points for those games, too.

Just remember: GW2 is not GW1 – they just share a common developer and story background.

GW1 fanboys can’t understand that universal mathematical truth…. “2 is different than 1”.

Since there is no information in the patch notes it is obviously a bug.

An official answer would be nice since the discussion is getting quite heated.

I sure hope it’s a bug. We really need some clarification!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Wait a sec, you think the Achievement Points are a competition? Well that’s a new one, I didn’t know players did that. :/

Some people seem to have friendly competitions going on. There certainly is a bit of one between two people in my guild.. one friend a bit more serious about it as he wants to be the best. He was 2nd place but now has vaulted to the top due to these HoM points even though he’s achieved less in this game than the guy that he just passed. As much as I like my friend, I don’t feel it’s fair.

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

If so many Achievement Points are to be linked to GW1 then so should PvP ranking.

What a stupid concept…

Except one thing… PvP ranking actually matters!!

Honestly, what is with this weird attachment to Achievement Points? They don’t mean anything. Nothing.

I mean, we might as well start a new “/age” leaderboard so we know who is the best at playing GW2 the most…

I’ll start: I’m at 2,871 total hours. Hopefully ANet won’t absolutely destroy my chance at #1 glory by handing out bonus hours to…umm…idk…gemstore buyers or something.

/facepalm

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Ok if they add this to hall of monuments then it don’t need any achievement points.
Not that i think it will happen but until then this is fair.

Torment weapons, Envoy weapons, Mursaat weapons, Imperial weapons,
Purity weapons , Opressor weapons, Undead weapons, Celestial weapons,
Tengu weapons

others
bone dragon staff, Chaos axe, Dragon kamas, Frog scepter, Voltaic spear ,
Celestial compass, Storm bow, Silverwing recurve bow

Armor
Warrior
Elite kurzick, vabbian

Ranger
elite kurzick, Ancient, Norn

Monk
Elite woven, Kurzick, Elite luxon, Elite sunspear, Obsidian

Necromancer
Elite necrotic, Elite canthan, Vabbian

Mesmer
Elite elegant ,Kurzick, Elite kurzick, Norn, Deldrimor, obsidian

Elementalist
Krytan, Elite stormforged, Shing jea, luxon, Elite kurzick, Deldrimor

Assassin
Kurzick, Elite luxon, Monument, Obisidian

Dervish
elite sunspear

See ? none of the good skins were imported except for fellblade.
But its not the same as in gw1.

Grinding for those hom points toke years and for what?
skins that is good until you reach level 80? achievement points equal to 5 dailies?
For players that supported arenanet for 8 years? this was a good change.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

“Earn special Guild Wars 2 rewards based on your achievements in the original Guild Wars and Guild Wars: Eye of the North™

Seems pretty clear to me :/

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

“Earn special Guild Wars 2 rewards based on your achievements in the original Guild Wars and Guild Wars: Eye of the North™

Unique skins, unique titles, unique pets and 20 achievement points. But nooo, the greedy kittens want more. Maybe some precursors and ascended gear for rewarding the GW1 “loyalty” too. How does that sound guys?

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Lol jealous much?

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

Unique skins, unique titles, unique pets and 20 achievement points. But nooo, the greedy kittens want more. Maybe some precursors and ascended gear for rewarding the GW1 “loyalty” too. How does that sound guys?

That sounds pretty good, thanks.

Seriously why are people getting angry at 500 AP? We spent thousands of hours playing GW1. The whole point of the HoM was to reward us and give us something to look forward to in GW2. The people who didn’t play GW1, tough. You should have. It’s like going straight to Game 3, and expecting to have the same experience without playing Game 1 or 2. Where is the sense in that?

If you’re desperate for a measly 500 AP (that’s like a month or two worth of…) go buy all 4 GW1 games. Otherwise, thank you Anet for rewarding those who actually gave hours, weeks and even months of their time for you know… playing the game.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Achievements from another game giving you easy points here? Should be a no-no.

Similarly, skills learned in another game making it easy for you to get achievements here? Should be a no-no.

The game should use gallifreyan fonts and be played with a didgeridoo as a controller, to put everyone on the same footing.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I honestly don’t see what all the fuss is about. I didn’t play GW1. I came to GW2 late. I haven’t a hope of getting anywhere on the leaderboards (well, unless I’m still playing in 7 years time and everyone else left after 2 years, lol).

Do I mind one jot? NO. What are achievement points anyway? Half the time I don’t even notice that I’m earning any. Sure, I try and do some dailies, and at the weekends I try and do a monthly if I have the time – the others just come up when they come up. Most are nothing more than an indication of time spent in the game, rather than anything huge accomplished – just look at how little are rewarded for making a legendary. why do I bother with dailies and monthlies? Because I want the laurels. Not the achievement points.

If ANet sees fit to award people who worked for achievements in GW1, then that’s fine by me. They do it by giving them cosmetic rewards and also a few achievement points (yes, a FEW). These really don’t have any impact on any aspect of gameplay. What do you actually get for achievement points now anyway? Oh, yeah, more cosmetic stuff. So how are GW1 players being rewarded now? NO DIFFERENT THAN BEFORE. They are one tier further up for more cosmetic stuff. How is that a problem?

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I didn’t notice a point increase. But it’s not like the rankings do anything anyways. I don’t care either way

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

Instead of crying, why not pick up GW1 and play it if those points matter so much to you?

People were crying hard because past daily achievements used to give 5 points each instead of 1, “DESTROYING THE LEADERBOARDS AND GIVING AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE TO THOSE WHO PLAYED LONGER!”

So I suggested with sarcasm that ArenaNet should remove the Hall of Monument AP since, in the end, it’ll give those played GW1 the top advantage and that ArenaNet remove the AP from the living story achievements since those have no confirmation of ever coming back, putting those who didn’t do them at a disadvantage in the leaderboards.

If you’re willing to take points away from people, expect them to do the same to you. Remove HoM/old Daily achievement points, do the same to Living Story achievement points since they too give disadvantages to those who didn’t do them when it comes to the leaderboards.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

All this ‘we shouldnt have to play gw1’ to get max achievements, what a bullcrap. There’s many REPEATABLE achievements. Every daily you do more then other player = win, every dungeon master you do more then other player = win, every agent of entropy you do over other player = win. Those 500 achieves may feel like much atm, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t mean much.

Gw1 players were promised nice rewards for playing hall of monuments. I farmed pretty kitten some titles. While you guys may be jealous (your fault, and jealousy is your own prob, not Anets), It is fair. Not happy? go buy the game and do it yourself. Gw1 and gw2 are connected. Wether you like it or not. It’s is very selfish of the ppl who never played gw1, to want to be the best in gw2, and think gw1 veterans deserve no bonus.

All non gw1 players should realize without gw1 players, (who funded the game), gw2 shouldnt exist. This is Anet’s way of thanking loyal players. If you feel screwed, just farmed the Infinite achievements harder. You’ll tresshold over that 500 eventually.

If there were no ‘bonus achievements’ (like dailies etc, one times achieve, or repeatable ones), I might agree. But this is NOT the case. Achievement addicts still have many ways to win, will win, and those 500 barely mean anything. They are just kitten ed, they are trumped shortly by other players.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

If the AP rewards for HoM was always this high I wouldn’t have cared, but to greatly increase them now with the addition of added rewards for higher AP feels like a play to get more people to go out and buy GW/EoTN and increase their server population to avoid closure.

I had considered buying EoTN before and will have to revisit it as I quit shortly before Nightfall was released, my enjoyment of the game went downhill greatly when they changed Heroes Ascent and moved it out of the desert but I bought and played Factions for the campaign but once finished I stopped playing, having played since beta so I probably would have some of the HoM achievements completed. However to buy EoTN stand alone is/was expensive, so I decided not to.

(edited by gaspara.4079)

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

GW2 is not GW1! Therefor, NON-GW2 achievements shouldn’t count to the total points. Skins and titles are more than enough to reward GW1 players for their “loyalty”.

PS: I find amusing the players stating they are being rewarded for their loyalty, when most of the times, they spend their time raging @ ANet in the forums, and crying on how this is so different from GW1. Pure hypocrisy…

Being jealous is jealous. Nothing more. Otherwise you wouldn’t respond. Seriously, you wouldn’t even be playing gw2 without gw1 players, do you realize that? They funded gw1 succes and gw2 release. If achievements were impossible to duplicate (dailies, monthly, infinite ones like entropy/dungeon master), I might give you the benefit of the doubt and agree with you as 500 would be a lot then. However with the easyness to multiply bonus achievement points, 500 is very very easy to overcome. All the QQ’ers in this thread, feel threatenend. Well here is something for you: you have to work to get something. Gw1 players work for Hall of Monument. If you wanna trump then work harder or buy gw1.

My friend is an achievement addict. Last days he got 400 achievement points (and he already got almost everything maxed). He never did Hall of monuments. He keeps finding new ways to get achievements. If he finds a way to easely trump me (and i do all dailies, etc), then why wouldn’t you guys?

Would you rather have Anet give all gw1 players 50g and leave the gw2 community in the cold? Everyone who researched gw2 a bit, knew gw1 player were gonna get gw2 rewards. This is now cosmetics and some achievement points (500 barely mean anything on the loads of 9k achievement ppl that are around). Then you would be kitten ed, and be rightfully to talk. Now you don’t. Cosmetics, and virtual (possible to duplicate) achievement points are no reason to be offended. They didnt take anything from you. They are just bridging gw1 to gw2 wich is their right.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

If the AP rewards for HoM was always this high I wouldn’t have cared, but to greatly increase them now with the addition of added rewards for higher AP feels like a play to get more people to go out and buy GW/EoTN and increase their server population to avoid closure.

I had considered buying EoTN before and will have to revisit it as I quit shortly before Nightfall was released having played since beta so I probably would have some of the HoM achievements completed. However to buy EoTN stand alone is/was expensive, so I decided not to.

I thought it was about £4 on Amazon for the EoTN expansion right now? that’s what I bought it as about two weeks ago.

But what I don’t understand is why, if the AP reward for playing HoM in GW1 were higher to start with, it’s really a problem now? I mean, they’d still be higher by 500 in the cosmetic ladder … nothing really would have changed.

Also, these 500 are STATIC. They’re not increasing every day, and they can’t be added to after those 50 points are received from HoM in GW1. So once this initial shift in the leaderboards (since I can really only fathom that this is what people must be upset about) has settled, they will quickly readjust back to the way they were before. The people who were leading previously obviously got there by getting AP, and they’ll continue to get AP for the same stuff after, whereas the HoM points will stay static. Therefore, the leaderboards will readjust to previous levels.

Nobody gets a case of gold for being at the top.

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

If Anet wants to reward GW1 players they need to do so in a manner that is not competitive in GW2. They should get things like custom armor/weapons, custom titles, custom minis, custom ranger pets, free gems for the gem store, heck they could even put a daily ori node in their home instance. I don’t care. Just don’t do something that puts other players at a major disadvantage and forces them to buy GW1 to stay competitive.

Curuglas.1847

every dungeon master you do more then other player = win, every agent of entropy you do over other player = win.

Wrong. Both achievements are capped. You get 200 and 250 points out of them. After that, 0.

Gw1 players were promised nice rewards for playing hall of monuments.

You played GW1, you get your unique rewards (title, skin, pet) in GW2, but since you achieved nothing in GW2 there, you should not be rewarded with a single achievement point.

Not happy? go buy the game and do it yourself.

Not happy with those rewards? Go back and play GW1 then, if this was the better game.

Wether you like it or not. It’s is very selfish of the ppl who never played gw1, to want to be the best in gw2, and think gw1 veterans deserve no bonus.

Whether you like it or not, it’s very selfish of those people who played GW1 and demand even more freebies in GW2, which is a new game in itself, much unlike GW1 and its addons!

All non gw1 players should realize without gw1 players, (who funded the game), gw2 shouldnt exist.

You should realize that by buying GW1 you funded and supported the GW1 infrastructure and programming. You may even have had some fun playing GW1 because of those funds being put to use?

GW2 was funded and is supported by those who bought GW2 and gems in the GW2 store, so there actually is no reason at all to hand a single reward to GW1 players. But since ANet wanted to smoothen the complete change of the game, they actually handed out some pretty unique titles and stuff for those returning customers.

Why should any GW1 player ask for more, like more than the 20 points they already got? Could it be greed on their part? Have they stuck too long to the old game and missed a part of the new one, thus felt being left behind? Could it be jealousy?

But maybe it’s just that those who actually feel they have to be rewarded with those points for time spent in another game deem themselves better than those who started playing in this game. Could it be arrogance?

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

You guys need to stop whining about things that don’t matter. Achievement Points are trivial at best and meaningless at worst. Seriously, an Entropy competition would make more sense.

Tell ya’ll what, if ANet would let me, I’ll give away 500 points to everyone that complains until I run out. Deal?

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: william dj.6953

william dj.6953

not sure I recall gw1 vets asking for more lately. This was a nice surprise to them as Anet feels now the tab for gw1 achievements has been adjusted appropriately.

It seems all the ppl boohooing about this claim they are dedicated loyal customers of anet. If so prove it. Buy gw1 spend 1000 plus hours EARN the achievement points. Just like all the players that got them. The amount of time it takes to earn 500 points in gw2 vastly pales in comparison to getting 5050. imo it should be 1000 points or more.
Thank you anet for showing you have not forgot all those who supported gw1 for all those years. Don’t let the sniveling few undo what you have done.
The sense of entitlement I keep hearing about is by far more from those who did not get the additional points. I will no longer follow this thread, any comments to this post will only be to see your self talk. And to the above post. It’s not arrogance, its ignorance on the part of the whiners. ppl keep saying its a completely different game. really? if so it only shows how little they know about gw1/gw2

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

When EOTN, HoM & GW2 were announced, ANet said HoM points going towards GW2 was apreciation for us long term fans playing/supporting GW1.

When originally announced, there was plans to stop counting the achievements towards GW2 once GW2 was released. Imagine all the whining if that plan woud have stayed intact…

And what are you really losing out on? 1 gold, 1 laurel & a random box with none of the items giving a distinct advantage.

Its not like you cant go & earn them like everyone else did.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

IV SPEND 5 years of my life and YES they shoud GIVE not 50 bt 100 AP some reward for us ho suported arena net before u guys that dont like this YEARS ago

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

I had considered buying EoTN before and will have to revisit it as I quit shortly before Nightfall was released having played since beta so I probably would have some of the HoM achievements completed. However to buy EoTN stand alone is/was expensive, so I decided not to.

I thought it was about £4 on Amazon for the EoTN expansion right now? that’s what I bought it as about two weeks ago.

But what I don’t understand is why, if the AP reward for playing HoM in GW1 were higher to start with, it’s really a problem now? I mean, they’d still be higher by 500 in the cosmetic ladder … nothing really would have changed.

Also, these 500 are STATIC. They’re not increasing every day, and they can’t be added to after those 50 points are received from HoM in GW1. So once this initial shift in the leaderboards (since I can really only fathom that this is what people must be upset about) has settled, they will quickly readjust back to the way they were before. The people who were leading previously obviously got there by getting AP, and they’ll continue to get AP for the same stuff after, whereas the HoM points will stay static. Therefore, the leaderboards will readjust to previous levels.

Nobody gets a case of gold for being at the top.

I looked at going back shortly after GW2 was released and for the expansion alone was $25, amazon appears to have the GW: Platinum pack for $15 right now, but that is still more than your £4, but not totally unreasonable for getting the original game also, even though I don’t need it.

As far as the part that bothers me, its that the timing (the same patch that links achievement points to other rewards) seems to me to be more of a marketing scheme to sell remaining Guild Wars copies rather than a move to further reward loyal guild wars players. I am no where near as bothered by it as everyone else complaining in this thread, I just dislike the timing.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Something to understand about the Hall of Monuments. When GW1 launched the “Eye of the North” expansion, a lot of emphasis was put on it being a bridge between GW1 and GW2. We were told we would be able to share our achievements with GW2 players, take them there, show the armor we achieved, the titles we earned, the companions that we travelled with, the Legendary items, armor, rare and exotic pets, as well as mini pets.

They didn’t deliver on any of these promises. We cannot take anyone there and the Eye is in ruins. No armor is there, no statues, nothing but a few ghosts. So when you say what we do and do not deserve, think about this. We bought the expansion, worked our collective butts off achieving the desired goals and all we got was a few pathetic weapon and armor skins, a few sad mini pets, and titles.

We did not receive what was promised. And some here think that 500 points is too much? Not in my book. If most of the complainers here were treated like this, you’d be hiring lawyers. We get 500 points and ridiculed.

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

Curuglas.1847

Its not like you cant go & earn them like everyone else did.

You cannot ride a dead horse, mate.

Posted by: Zephaust Zenith.8376

Zephaust Zenith.8376

Hall of Monuments have no way of being obtained unless you pay money for them and im very surprised ANet would resort to selling AP for people who wish to remain competitive on the highscores.

So you don’t want to buy GW1 and grind for additional achievements. That’s understandable.
But someone more determined will buy and will grind to win in competition. Don’t like it? Then you not deserve your SoR first place on nolife achievements.

how do you expect new players to be AP competitive ? How about the players who will buy the game in 2 years ?? when you are late to the party you are late …..thank you.

New players never catch up for current active top rank players and these 500 AP are totally irrelevant unless people from the tops suddenly stop playing.
You want to catch up with someone who grinded 10 months of dailies and blaming HoM AP’s for inevitable failure?

Pretty much this.
For a game which has been labeled as casual, i don’t see the point of this ranking other than demotivate new players. It just looks like a meaningless system to make people login daily and repeat questionable “enjoyable” activities… ad nauseam – atleast that’s my take on most daily quest systems and how i saw AP evolve so far… from a distance.

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

“AP competitive” is really a silly concept. AP is designed to be a system of rewards for doing certain things, not a reason to do them. Obviously it’s important to the devs to remember where GW2 came from by rewarding GW1 players for their time and effort. To complain about such a thing is really quite terrible imo. GW2 wouldn’t exist without the time, creativity, resources, and energy that went into GW1 on the part of the devs and community of players who supported them. How does it effect anyone negatively who didn’t play GW1, that GW1 players get a pointless GW2 reward that you could earn a month after them? You’re all blessed to have those shoulders to stand on, be thankful for the great game you you have… ingrates!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Lol, if we compare the HoM points difficulty to other achievements in GW2, it’s more like 500 each

And I’ve beaten Ghost and Goblins on the NES without any continue cheats which is way harder. I should get 5000 achievement points in GW2 for that.. oh wait.. It’s not the same game!

sorry, welcome to 2013. Games are no longer independant like they used to be.

I’d say >50% of the games released in the past 5 years have rewards, achievements, and unlocks associated with playing other games.

This thread is essentially a bunch of old people yelling: “get off my lawn you pesky kids, back in my day we didn’t have lawns!”

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Easy solution, delete the leader boards. They server no useful purpose except to inflate the egos of players who have nothing better to do then look at a few numbers on a webpage. The leader boards mean NOTHING, get over yourselves. If it means that much to you to let others know how long you have been playing, we should just ask anet to put a counter next to your name showing hours played. It means just as much.

Posted by: Eddie G.8731

Eddie G.8731

These achievements are now giving 50 AP per completed achievement instead of the previous 2, is this a bug or working as intended.

Personally i think these should not reward any AP at all, (just titles + perks) as i feel i shouldn’t be forced to play GW1 to remain highscore competitive on GW2.

I’m not gonna lie…I read this and puked in my mouth a little bit.

“If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be invincible.”

-Romulan proverb

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

If Anet wants to reward GW1 players they need to do so in a manner that is not competitive in GW2. They should get things like custom armor/weapons, custom titles, custom minis, custom ranger pets, free gems for the gem store, heck they could even put a daily ori node in their home instance. I don’t care. Just don’t do something that puts other players at a major disadvantage and forces them to buy GW1 to stay competitive.

In what way are achievement points competitive? Oh.. the leaderboards? They mean nothing. Achievement points mean nothing. You people are treating this update like all GW1 players received full ascended gear and a legendary..

This update has done nothing to the game. People are just finding an excuse to bash on those who had the opportunity to play GW1. And don’t lie, because it happened before near release. When we were awarded with out long awaited HoM rewards. The non-GW1 crowd cried ‘UNFAIR.’ It’s the same scenario. If you didn’t play GW1 for the rewards, tough. The servers are still running perfectly fine. Everyone has the chance to go and buy it. If people are really, really desperate for 500 AP then by all means, go for 50/50. See you guys in 7 years.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The easiest solution is to reset the leaderboards every 3 months, so the people who for some reason thinks it actually means something would stop their QQ, until they find something else.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

It should be way more than 500. 5000 would be more fair compensation for the thousands of hours it took to get 50/50 HoM.

All is vain.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

It should be way more than 500. 5000 would be more fair compensation for the thousands of hours it took to get 50/50 HoM.

I sort of agree.
A 2000+ AP bonus for people who got themselves Guild Wars 1 Prophecies, Guild Wars 1 Factions, Guild Wars 1 Nightfall, Guild Wars 1 Eye of the North
AND
completed each of them and got 50/50 in HoM seems rather more adequate

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Curuglas.1847

Obviously it’s important to the devs to remember where GW2 came from by rewarding GW1 players

They have already been rewarded.

GW2 wouldn’t exist without the time, creativity, resources, and energy that went into GW1 on the part of the devs and community of players who supported them.

The devs, maybe. But, do you think ANet would have succeeded at GW2 without the new players that joined up playing a new game?
So, on the contrary, all GW1 players should be very thankful for every non-gw1 player joining in GW2 to support Anet by buying the game and maybe some gems so that Anet can continue to support the GW(1+2) players and keep their favorite world open and alive!

How does it effect anyone negatively who didn’t play GW1, that GW1 players get a pointless GW2 reward that you could earn a month after them?

That’s the point: you cannot keep up with 500 AP in a month. You cannot “keep up” with 500 free AP even in a year, unless GW1 players suddenly stop playing their dailies/monthlies.

You’re all blessed to have those shoulders to stand on, be thankful for the great game you you have… ingrates!

Yes, indeed. All GW1 players should really thank those GW2 customers on their knees every day they start either game.

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

The strange thing everyone who brings this ‘problem’ up seems to assume is: “you played GW1 so you automatically have 500 freeby points”…

Hah! I finished all three campaigns and EotN, plus played a few months extra and I’m not even at 20 out of the 50 HoM points. The people kicking up sand assume it’s all kittens and giggles…

Seriously, GW2 players think they know what grind is. Go grind the insane amount of points you need to get reputation titles. Have a look what it takes to grind the weapons and prestige armors needed. Go battle the hard mode dungeons and the realm of Torment.

If you knew what it takes to get those 500 APs, then you’d understand those players earned it. And to compare the effort to gain the 500 AP from HoM to what it takes to get 500 in this game… it’s a joke.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

haha that’s so true… I think I got 200 points or so. The thing is, with the temporary content in this game and the changes in how AP is given, people who skipped GW1 are the least screwed. At least you can go back and play that game… you can’t go back to the time that AP was rewarded like crazy for the daily. Those are the people you see high up in the point totals… the ones that went crazy getting AP back when Plinx was popular.

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

I think it’s silly that people are complaining so much about this boost to hom points.. I mean honestly achievement points are going to give you a few more shinies and laurels but it’s not going to give anyone anyone an advantage over someone else.

I don’t even have the gwamm but getting 35/50 was still a huge investment over years of playing gw1 and I’m not at all sad that anet decided to give a little more reward to people who invested that time.

The hom skins already rewarded are cool sure but 90% of them are just plain looking on the level of some low lvl gear if we’re being honest, only the weapons are really good, and the pets but that doesn’t help someone with no ranger lol

Jade Quarry [TPA]

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

As someone who has not played GW1, I have to agree it is quite unfair. The 20 AP it gave before was an insignificant amount, so I guess that was fine, but 500 is way too much, heavily influencing the achievement leaderboards.

And no ANet, this won’t make me buy and play GW1!

I played GW1 and have supported ANet with my business since release. I found it terribly depressing coming over to GW2 to find I got hardly any AP from Hall of Monuments and the rewards from them to be a little bland. This makes it a little more worth spending 1000+hours on GW1.

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

Tears.5627

The strange thing everyone who brings this ‘problem’ up seems to assume is: “you played GW1 so you automatically have 500 freeby points”…

Hah! I finished all three campaigns and EotN, plus played a few months extra and I’m not even at 20 out of the 50 HoM points. The people kicking up sand assume it’s all kittens and giggles…

Seriously, GW2 players think they know what grind is. Go grind the insane amount of points you need to get reputation titles. Have a look what it takes to grind the weapons and prestige armors needed. Go battle the hard mode dungeons and the realm of Torment.

If you knew what it takes to get those 500 APs, then you’d understand those players earned it. And to compare the effort to gain the 500 AP from HoM to what it takes to get 500 in this game… it’s a joke.

I got the Drunkard title before you could spam it. That was true grinding. =)

Tears.5627

These achievements are now giving 50 AP per completed achievement instead of the previous 2, is this a bug or working as intended.

Personally i think these should not reward any AP at all, (just titles + perks) as i feel i shouldn’t be forced to play GW1 to remain highscore competitive on GW2.

I’m not gonna lie…I read this and puked in my mouth a little bit.

Me too man =)

ShiningSquirrel.3751

The devs, maybe. But, do you think ANet would have succeeded at GW2 without the new players that joined up playing a new game?
So, on the contrary, all GW1 players should be very thankful for every non-gw1 player joining in GW2 to support Anet by buying the game and maybe some gems so that Anet can continue to support the GW(1+2) players and keep their favorite world open and alive!.

Actually, we GW1 players would have been much better off without all the “new” players who seem to only want the game to be what they want, which is a clone of every other game out there. Anet had the sales from the GW1 players already. They where assured to make a profit. Most of the “new” players had no clue what they where purchasing and have done nothing but complain about “features” that “every other MMO” have so the devs have had to make changes from almost the start to accommodate them.

Posted by: Margonite Queen.7325

Margonite Queen.7325

So, on the contrary, all GW1 players should be very thankful for every non-gw1 player joining in GW2 to support Anet by buying the game and maybe some gems so that Anet can continue to support the GW(1+2) players and keep their favorite world open and alive!.

Actually, we GW1 players would have been much better off without all the “new” players who seem to only want the game to be what they want, which is a clone of every other game out there. Anet had the sales from the GW1 players already. They where assured to make a profit. Most of the “new” players had no clue what they where purchasing and have done nothing but complain about “features” that “every other MMO” have so the devs have had to make changes from almost the start to accommodate them.

Oh don’t go speaking the truth like that. It might hurt the babies ears

Tears.5627

Oh don’t go speaking the truth like that. It might hurt the babies ears

I hear the crying already.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Exactly! I got the explorer title before there was textmod or players sharing maps to compare. We had to kill every single creature in every single map in the original game and all the expansions in hard mode. We had to do every mission and every bonus within those missions in both standard and hard mode. If the whiners think it is so easy, then let them pay the $40.00 for all 4 games and get the titles themselves.

Tears.5627

Exactly! I got the explorer title before there was texmod or players sharing maps to compare. We had to kill every single creature in every single map in the original game and all the expansions in hard mode. We had to do every mission and every bonus within those missions in both standard and hard mode. If the whiners think it is so easy, then let them pay the $40.00 for all 4 games and get the titles themselves.

$40 for 1000+ hours of play? Can’t find a game like that anymore. ;p I had to google texmod. Wish I knew about that one earlier. Walldragging for 50 hours was a pain. high fives for GWAMM! high five

Posted by: Margonite Queen.7325

Margonite Queen.7325

Exactly! I got the explorer title before there was textmod or players sharing maps to compare. We had to kill every single creature in every single map in the original game and all the expansions in hard mode. We had to do every mission and every bonus within those missions in both standard and hard mode. If the whiners think it is so easy, then let them pay the $40.00 for all 4 games and get the titles themselves.

Ha ha ha. You want GW2 players whining about GW1 achievments to go play GW1? Funny joke. These noobs wouldn’t make it far enough to unlock hard mode.

Tears.5627

Ha ha ha. You want GW2 players whining about GW1 achievments to go play GW1? Funny joke. These noobs wouldn’t make it far enough to unlock hard mode.

Too bad they can’t do THK before the nerf to it. XD