An End to the Queensdale Train

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zoejo.2317

zoejo.2317

1. Two hours in one overflow isn’t representative of regular daily behaviour across the whole game. I’m glad some people never run into the aggressive behaviour in map chat, but just by reading this thread it’s obvious that a lot do.

2. Even ocasional insulting language is punished in a whisper. Why is it different in map chat? It’s the same CoC.

3. There are other places, but people should be able to chose where they play. Not to mention, fresh started human characters don’t have that option.

Posted by: Saylu.8271

Saylu.8271

1. Two hours in one overflow isn’t representative of regular daily behaviour across the whole game. I’m glad some people never run into the aggressive behaviour in map chat, but just by reading this thread it’s obvious that a lot do.

2. Even ocasional insulting language is punished in a whisper. Why is it different in map chat? It’s the same CoC.

3. There are other places, but people should be able to chose where they play. Not to mention, fresh started human characters don’t have that option.

You have selective memory. Why only queendales? Ever been to a world boss event where people stay dead rather than waypoint and whole bunch of people not knowing what they are doing? People are shouting at them to waypoint because they are scaling the event and being useless. There is your community right there.

What is this ludicrous logic? People should be able to chose how they play, but zerg train are not allow? Hateful speeches and zerg train are separate issues.

zoejo.2317

You have selective memory. Why only queendales? Ever been to a world boss event where people stay dead rather than waypoint and whole bunch of people not knowing what they are doing? People are shouting at them to waypoint because they are scaling the event and being useless. There is your community right there.

What is this ludicrous logic? People should be able to chose how they play, but zerg train are not allow? Hateful speeches and zerg train are separate issues.

Because QD is a starting area and the first experience of the community for many players. Also, because that’s what this thread is about.

Zerg trains are allowed and should remain in the game. It’s not the train that’s being asked to be dealt with – it’s the atitude of some players. Read the thread.

Hateful speeches should be punishable everywhere. Hence this thread. Hence QD.

Despite the tone of your message, you seem to agree with me and answer your own questions.

Saylu.8271

Because QD is a starting area and the first experience of the community for many players. Also, because that’s what this thread is about.

Zerg trains are allowed and should remain in the game. It’s not the train that’s being asked to be dealt with – it’s the atitude of some players. Read the thread.

Despite the tone of your message, you seem to agree with me and answer your own questions.

You are missing the point. Hateful speeches is the issue not QD train. You are asking Anet to remove QD train not the hateful speeches. I see nothing wrong with zerg train. This is where our opinion differ.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Instead, what players get upon first arriving in QD is a massive blob of players who have grouped up for easy experience and non-challenging gameplay.

Well, they get a very clear picture of how this game is going to be. Welcome to zerg wars.

zoejo.2317

You are missing the point. Hateful speeches is the issue not QD train. You are asking Anet to remove QD train not the hateful speeches. I see nothing wrong with zerg train. This is where our opinion differ.

Again, read the thread. I haven’t asked for the removal of the train ever.
I see nothing wrong with trains either.

EDIT: I guess I can’t expect anyone to read 7 pages, I wouldn’t either.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

To put it simply, if a player finds and event – any event – and complete it, no one has the right to complain about it.

The purpose of an event is successful completion.

So if anyone wants you to wait for them to complete the event or fail the event on purpose so they can farm it, they have no right whatsoever to force anyone, much less to berate anyone for not playing in a way that particularly benefits them.

A newbie could just disable map chat, join a party with some friends, and just go about their business doing events as they find them. And if they killed the next champion in your list or completed an event you wanted failed, though luck. They were doing what they are supposed to do, which is complete events as they find them.

You won’t see me yelling at people telling them to fail when they complete Lyssa every time I get there. I come to the forums and complain there’s no way for me to kill the risen priestess of Lyssa when that happens.

Of course, that won’t work for a train farmer or fail farmer. Because it’ll be silly to ask for an event to wait for you, or to ask for some way to force people to fail events.

So, what needs to be done first is to make very clear that players can’t force other players to wait or fail. And second, improve rewards in PvE, encouraging exploration. Something like a exploration tracks like PvP tracks, that reward doing bounties all over the world. Kind of a mix of PvP tracks, GW1’s Zaishen quests and Diablo III’s bounties.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Actually I’ve spent a lot of time in Queensdale 4 hrs. one day monitoring chat (whilst doing other things around the house), 3 hrs another , 8 hrs. over the weekend, and a couple of hours yesterday, and didn’t see trolls doing their thing, just the usual sexist remarks. I have, however been accosted in other venues, such as CS and WF by whisper. Lewd remarks and such. WF is the same with the remarks and there is no train there. Haven’t checked out the other starter zones. Freshly started toons can do the starter zones in any area. Most of my 15 toons started in Rata Sum or The Grove, and I took them straight to QD to level. In fact yesterday I took my level 5 on the train for 2 stops, Troll & Bandit + that bandit vista. Was great!

I am not saying the verbal attack during the train doesn’t happen (as I’ve said before in this thread), it does. I won’t say who I think the biggest trolls are because I’ll receive an infraction <g>

Saylu: Just yesterday I was at Shelter’s Gate in CS, where 9 out of 12 people died rather quickly. Was difficult if not impossible to rez. They wouldn’t WP 20ft away (WP was uncontested) after the event was over and expected
rezzes. I didn’t say anything, but wanted to.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

When people realize that this game is all about zerging and to control that zerging there needs to be some discipline, they will learn choo-choo is the best way of doing it. Hence, either do your own thing elsewhere or get on the choo-choo train.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Saylu.8271

Again, read the thread. I haven’t asked for the removal of the train ever.
I see nothing wrong with trains either.

EDIT: I guess I can’t expect anyone to read 7 pages, I wouldn’t either.

I apologize if I mistaken your intention. I am under the impression you support OP to remove the QD train.

@dkspins

I am just pointing out such offensive behavior exist in other parts of the game, not whether or not I approve of such a behavior.

(edited by Saylu.8271)

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

Nerfing the train is not the solution.
People are going to be rude when they want to be rude. Even on launch day I encountered rude people here and there. Do I like it? Of course not, but if someone is rude, I just ignore them. if they are whispering you then report them.
If your concern is the new people, they won’t be staying in Queensdale long because they’ll map complete that area and move on to the next area to see and do new things.

Posted by: Neva Eilhart.5347

Neva Eilhart.5347

I wonder how long I’d keep playing the game if I was a new player.

I mean, who doesn’t miss this ? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuQu9MS_8M

Look at how fun those events were back in the days. How long and hard it could be to achieve this kind of event.

And now you’ve got a whole bunch of 80 oneshoting mobs everywhere in QD – in all low level areas in fact – to get some cheap loot.

I think Anet should make downscaling harder on players coming to lower areas. It isn’t fun when you’re playing a low level alt and you can’t even have the time to tag any mob on a event – even a champion, just because you’ve got max level characters zerging around and killing everything. The QD train is just the tip of the iceberg.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Train doesn’t wait for one person trying to get to a champ – They’re not quick enough.

One person doesn’t wait for train to get to a champ – They’re a troll or an R-Word or a noob. etc.

Sums it up really.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Queensdale train is popular, in my mind, because you can do it before you’re level 80. I champ trained my engi more or less from 20 to 80 (I guess I did a good bit of other stuff intermittently) before it got nerfed to hell, because it was the fastest way I could level him without pugging up for dungeon runs.

And honestly, if new players are disturbed by the champ train, let them speak. I’ve only seen experienced players complaining on their behalf, with no evidence that the train is in any way affecting their experiences negatively.

Besides, this is what GW2 is right now. It’s a good introduction to what they will ultimately find themselves doing when they hit max level, unless Anet wises up and starts putting some real content into the game.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Queensdale train is popular, in my mind, because you can do it before you’re level 80. I champ trained my engi more or less from 20 to 80 (I guess I did a good bit of other stuff intermittently) before it got nerfed to hell, because it was the fastest way I could level him without pugging up for dungeon runs.

And honestly, if new players are disturbed by the champ train, let them speak. I’ve only seen experienced players complaining on their behalf, with no evidence that the train is in any way affecting their experiences negatively.

Besides, this is what GW2 is right now. It’s a good introduction to what they will ultimately find themselves doing when they hit max level, unless Anet wises up and starts putting some real content into the game.

The issue isn’t really about what people are doing, whether someone likes doing a train or not. The big issue is the fighting that happens because of it. I don’t mind people doing a train, just so long as they’re being friendly to players and just move on quietly without a whinge or a moan when they discover a champ has been killed before them.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Then we just ignore and/or report the offenders and move on. You don’t shut down an entire activity because of a few toxic players.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Then we just ignore and/or report the offenders and move on. You don’t shut down an entire activity because of a few toxic players.

Especially since shutting down that activity will not get rid of those players. They will just find something else to be angry about.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I’m not sure where the “And this is what players will find themselves doing” attitude comes from.

I’ve been playing for a while, and still have yet to join more than a small handful of trains. Even then, it’s among several other activities in a day, ranging from trying JPs (Anyone who says the game lacks challenging content hasn’t tried Griffinrook Run. That thing should pay more than a world boss), to hunting events, to playing around with dungeons, to just wandering the land.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Griffonrook Run is extremely easy with the right professions and a bit of practice. But I get the point you’re making.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Why is someone who’s been playing for 2 years in QD. I really think people make stuff up. Maybe someone who has played for that long doesn’t realize there are other places. I spent alot of time in QD today leveling another toon, and not once during those 2 hours did I see an altercation, harsh words, etc. that would turn a newcomer to GW2 away. All I saw were people lending their experience and advice to new players. Maybe it’s a Megaserver thing, my old server would do just what I saw today. Now, on the other hand, I’ve decided that alot of Megaserver zerg players are total kittens. Not wasting my time rezzing them anymore.

Someone who’s been playing for 2 years is in Queensdale for various reason. I listed most of mine. Helping new players, beautiful sights, interaction with NPCs, dailies, roleplaying with other people and nowadays – train. I’m glad that you had only pleasant experiences with the game and I agree that this game has many less ‘angry people’ than other mmos, but it still exists, and I see it fairly often.

It’s not a megaserver thing, it exists for a long time now. Higher level/more experienced people seem to be more annoying and full of themselves than new ones. Since they added champion loot bags, a huge amount of those people has been doing train in Queensdale, completely ruining this place for me. It’s my personal experience, and it’s also experience of my friends. It’s true that people choose to be rude, but this train thing isn’t helping.

(edited by Yoroiookami.3485)

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

The only thing I hate about this is how quiet the map chat is now, and no longer having fun times as a group waiting for bacon. :P
They should have just left Boar instead of Oak.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I don’t know how many brand new players would take on a Champion anyway, just starting out. It is true you can accidentally spawn the Troll, but previously, you would likely just have been defeated, and left it until you were more experienced.

Hell, I remember my first week playing the game. The champions seemed so awesome, so hard and it often took a whole group of players to get it down. Champions right now are just badly scaled and broken. Stack and zerg is all required to kill it. In the beginning of the game NOBODY stacked or zerged.

It felt like a challenge, like a real fight, now it feels like butchering a HP bag.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Hell, I remember my first week playing the game. The champions seemed so awesome, so hard and it often took a whole group of players to get it down. Champions right now are just badly scaled and broken. Stack and zerg is all required to kill it. In the beginning of the game NOBODY stacked or zerged.

It felt like a challenge, like a real fight, now it feels like butchering a HP bag.

Dungeon bosses used to be like that, too. It used to feel like fighting a boss from a game or show. Now it’s full of Zerges that take the fun out of the dungeons, and the game’s gone from fun, down to “stack here” and “stack there”. Only good if you are in a rush to farm. It becomes a no-brainer because you just hide at a wall and wait before dodging into it, as if it’s the only way to complete it first time around.

PvE is a dying thing these days. x_x

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Alexander.5782

Alexander.5782

Heh. Looks like they nuked the QD train, and all starter map trains =)

~Entropy in Oneness

Posted by: Daemon.1642

Daemon.1642

Hopefully this means they’ll come help us at the Frostsound Gorge train x_x

Asura Elementalist – Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Xytl.8659

Xytl.8659

Hopefully this means they’ll come help us at the Frostsound Gorge train x_x

Not the intention. The idea is kill the low level trains to force new players to actually learn the game mechanics and how to play rather than how to run in a circle correctly.

I did use the train in QD to level both of my 80’s, though significantly less on the second than the first, and i’m a much better player because I avoided using it as a leveling crutch. There are faster ways to level AND make money in this game than champion trains, and while not everyone likes WvW and Heart Events, both do good jobs of leveling you up.

The only downside to this for me, at least, and for a lot of others, is that there goes our easy Daily Mentor and Champion Slayer quests, oh well, just need to find another event for those, no big deal.

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness
Co-Leader of the Get Fresh Crew

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you anet! I cannot express my gratitude for fixing my favourite map. You found the best possible solution(I think). Now I can finally run around the map like a lunatic without reading hateful comments.
Dwayna bless you!

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you anet! I cannot express my gratitude for fixing my favourite map. You found the best possible solution(I think). Now I can finally run around the map like a lunatic without reading hateful comments.
Dwayna bless you!

You could do that before… it’s called turning off map chat. Which, honestly, I don’t know why everyone isn’t doing by default, because most of map chat is obnoxious nonsense.

Well anyway, now that the Queensdale train is no longer running, let’s take a moment to look back and analyze why people were doing it, and what possible implications Anet’s decision to destroy it may have:

Why do people do champ trains?
I would posit that the primary reason for the existence of the champ trains is the tendency of mob mentality to find and take the path of least resistance. But this does not explain why players were drawn to participate in them, rather than doing other, more engaging content. The reason for that, I think, is rather simple: GW2 in NA/EU is stale. Whether Anet likes it or not, without a clearly defined end-game, players are quickly getting bored when they reach max level. After all, if “the end-game starts at level 1” then you’ve likely experienced most of the content by the time you hit 80. And what’s to do then? You could make a new character, but you’ve already done most of the things in the game, and let’s face it, personal story is bland enough once through; doing it again is a mind-numbing chore. So, at a loss for exciting PvE content, but still yearning to have good loot for future play experiences, players found a way to invest their time into getting better gear / making money / leveling new characters, in preparation for the future, when there would hopefully be something else to do.

Also, daily / monthly achievements are usually most quickly accomplished via zerg.

Why Queensdale though?
The only reason I can imagine for the Queensdale train is ease of access, specifically to low-level characters. Before the April 15 update it was a very feasible way to supplement other activities like gathering and crafting for leveling up. After that update, the Queensdale train became much slower for progression, and now it is completely dead.

What does that mean for the zergers?
Well, if the players participating in the champ trains were indeed doing so out of sheer lack of compelling alternatives, then nerfing the champ trains seems a poor decision in the short term, without introducing substantial content to fill the gap that those players were filling with the zerg. Of course, Queensdale was perhaps a necessity; a starter zone really shouldn’t look like that, after all. But I am only left to wonder what those many players will do now, without that to occupy their play time? (once they finish the new LS, that is)

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The only thing I hate about this is how quiet the map chat is now, and no longer having fun times as a group waiting for bacon. :P

…Why would they leave the Oakheart as the zone’s “Boss Champ”!?

They should have left either the Legendary Boar (On a timer people are used to, but it would get rid of the train itself), or Centaur Leader of the assault.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It all comes back to a serious lack of rewards in PVE open world. Until they fix this essential problem with the game and fix the problem where everyone is reliant on the TP for anything it’s going to continue. Harming the PVE players isn’t a solution you’re just going to drive away more players.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I really don’t think that many people would care which champ was left alone, this way it’s a better map to new players and non-toxic chat, and hopefully no more “train?” comments. Though you’ll probably have the occasional stubborn twit going on and on about “why did they wreck the train?”

The train reached the end of the line; all disembark.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

…Why would they leave the Oakheart as the zone’s “Boss Champ”!?

They should have left either the Legendary Boar (On a timer people are used to, but it would get rid of the train itself), or Centaur Leader of the assault.

I don’t know why. But it works out quite well. Oak is near Shadow Behemoth. So, I do Oak just before, and just after, SB.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

It’s a ghost town / area now. Barely anyone is there anymore? And you know why? Yes the train is gone.

I’m not complaining, but when it comes to game design you have to remember why you buffed those champ with champ bags last year to begin with.

Let me remind you, that was because you wanted people to spread out into lower level zones. The Queensdale train was created for that sole purpose.

Great now, you killed the train and guess what happened? People simply move on to other trains. And Queensdale has again become a ghost town. It is a GREAT attraction for new players. Awesome, new people come in, they barely see anyone.

“Oh darn Guild Wars 2 suck no one is playing it, I’m quitting”

Wasn’t this the sole reason why you created the train last year? To attract more people to play in these zones to help new player out (sure there are negatives behavior of a few but overall it was helpful to new players), now you transfer those negative elsewhere (not eliminated, simply moving it) and those new players are left with a dead zone. GG

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

The last thing new players needed to be exposed to was the toxicity that was the train. That’s not to say the train was like that all the time, but there was sufficient toxicity that new players would have been alienated straight away.

The other thing the others have said but which bear repeating is that inexperienced players should not be told that trains and zerging is the way to play, that too disillusions newbies, especially when repeatedly told by (mindless) veterans who only do the train.

Stars.2179

The last thing new players needed to be exposed to was the toxicity that was the train. That’s not to say the train was like that all the time, but there was sufficient toxicity that new players would have been alienated straight away.

The other thing the others have said but which bear repeating is that inexperienced players should not be told that trains and zerging is the way to play, that too disillusions newbies, especially when repeatedly told by (mindless) veterans who only do the train.

Im not defending the toxicity of the train. But the fact is there are trains. Newbs will be exposed to it sooner or later. What ANet did on this patch is to make all beginning areas basically dead area.

And guess what happen when those newbs move to Kessex hill and see the “toxic train” and then they’ll see “OMFGH WHY DO YOU KILL THAT CHAMP OUT OF ORDER!!” It’s the same crap. The train isn’t the problem it’s the mentality. Unfortunately it’s impossible to fix it unless you deal with the underlying problem this game has: – Zerg is optimal – (in most circumstance – praising the new CP which is awesome that zerg fails there) but nevertheless

Either you have trains farm or you have basically nothing at all, pick one.

(edited by Stars.2179)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Megaservers appear to be keeping it quite lively

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Guys… Could we please not start another thread on the same subject? Please? There are too many already and its tiresome to keep track of them all.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

It’s supposed to be for new players. The champ bags were meant to make the events more appealing so new players would want to team up and take down the champs. Now that they’re vets, new players can run the events and the train is derailed. I’m not saying that it’s a great move on Anet’s part this late in the game, but I find Queensdale to be much nicer, personally.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Or, since we’re now into LS season 2, a lot of people are doing those things instead. Every LS update last time emptied maps so why would it be any different now?

And, yes, I know about the current Pavilion…

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Azrael.4960

Im not defending the toxicity of the train. But the fact is there are trains. Newbs will be exposed to it sooner or later. What ANet did on this patch is to make all beginning areas basically dead area.

And guess what happen when those newbs move to Kessex hill and see the “toxic train” and then they’ll see “OMFGH WHY DO YOU KILL THAT CHAMP OUT OF ORDER!!” It’s the same crap. The train isn’t the problem it’s the mentality. Unfortunately it’s impossible to fix it unless you deal with the underlying problem this game has: – Zerg is optimal – (in most circumstance – praising the new CP which is awesome that zerg fails there) but nevertheless

You may be right, but at least newbies aren’t exposed to it right off the bat. There’ll be enough veteran players, who maybe running a map explo, or low level mat farming, whose first response to a question is an actual bit of advice.

There’s no doubt that the toxicity will exist as long as zerg farming exists and the only way to not affect new players is to dilute it out to other areas.

To me, train farms are an irrelevance. Whether they exist or not doesn’t affect me in the slightest since I don’t need to farm.

The starter areas will always seem slightly deader than other areas, now that the trains are gone. But on the flipside, it gives newbies the chance to get into the feel of the game and experience the art of the back ground, at least until the next world boss spawns.

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

A champ train simply didn’t belong in a starter zone. Plain and simple. They should rebuff the Frostgorge Sound train. It was an endgame, level 80 zone. The zerg there didn’t harm anybody, and there were no impressionable brand new players.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

That implies that all champtrains should get stopped, not that the changes made to the starter zones should be reverted. I rather play in a ghost town than a toxic town.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

RIP Herve Villechaize 1943 – 1993

am i the only one who always thinks “Ze train ze train” every time someone asks where the train is

Stars.2179

That implies that all champtrains should get stopped, not that the changes made to the starter zones should be reverted. I rather play in a ghost town than a toxic town.

By induction yes, it does implies that all champ train should get stopped. Then not only you have a dead starter zone, you’ll also get a dead game. GG

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The last thing new players needed to be exposed to was the toxicity that was the train.

That’s a big mistake you are making there. the toxicity was not the train. The toxicity was simply present alongside the train (and in equal measure by people that didn’t run it, but simply didn’t like others playing differently than them). That toxicity is not going to disappear from the game because train got removed – the players that caused it are still there. In fact, lot of them just got their toxicity validated by Anet.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Azrael.4960

By induction yes, it does implies that all champ train should get stopped. Then not only you have a dead starter zone, you’ll also get a dead game. GG

Way to go with your faulty logic, that implies that the vast majority of players, >80%, ride that train, which is blatantly not the case. If they killed off all trains, people who only played for the farming would leave, but they are actually such a low proportion of players that their absence would be barely felt. If they’re serious farmers, they’d go off somewhere else to farm. Champ farming is one of the easier, depending on how you look at it, ways to farm. It is certainly by no means the only way to farm. People farm dungeons, fractals, Orr (non train), EOTM.

General sweeping statements don’t help your cause, you might want to think about that.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Is anyone out there still unclear what doing train does? Ok last time.

This is is your brain (holds up a raw egg in shell)

This is train (points to frying pan)

This is your brain on train (cracks the egg into the frying pan and the egg starts to sizzle)
and pop sunny side up)

“psssst hey newb……you should try this train…..it’ll make you feel good feel good feel good feel good”

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Better a dead area where they can actually learn how to play the kitten game than a “lively” area where they become functioning idiots that run around spamming 1.

Less QQ, less PewPew, more intelligent players. I like it. Pity it’ll take weeks/months for it to have any real impact.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Is anyone out there still unclear what doing train does? Ok last time.

This is is your brain (holds up a raw egg in shell)

This is train (points to frying pan)

This is your brain on train (cracks the egg into the frying pan and the egg starts to sizzle)
and pop sunny side up)

“psssst hey newb……you should try this train…..it’ll make you feel good feel good feel good feel good”

This couldn’t have been said better. :p

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain