Change in loot parameters or a bug? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: puffintoast.6501

puffintoast.6501

Despite the futility, the main hope with keeping the thread alive is the simple spread of information far and above the relief of airing grievances in relation to the topic.
The longer the thread can stay afloat, the more people will hopefully give it a cursory glance over after experiencing the issue with the game itself, and at the very least continue to make a voice heard in opposition to the cynical, gradualist removal of all possibility for growth and expansion without resorting to simple cash transactions in a game that we all paid full price for.
I think that is a key point to bear in mind: that the reward for effort process was, and is, a fundamental design feature of this product, the same as most MMO’s, and it’s a very risky thing to remove and replace with this insipid bot flux market manipulation.
It is blatantly obvious that in the return-crippled environment that we have, the conveniently-returning 24/7 bots will be the only real source of materials/items to the TP for the masses to grudgingly buy up with real money conversions to gold to cover the monstrously inflated cost.
It is my hope that if it is demonstrated openly that we are aware of the patterns and methods they employ to increase gem sales; if Nexon’s return on this venture is marginalised as much as possible by people exercising a protest by non-participation, then it will be at the least a small success.
I’m sure the monetization process is now horrifyingly lodged like the parasite that is deep under the skin of the dev cycle in relation to future content/fixes, and most likely has been since June of this year, but it would be nice to show our animosity in some small way to those few who would so openly and cheaply bleed our long-awaited world of Tyria.
Once more, in the hopes that there are any of the incredibly talented people who gave so much of themselves to this game reading this, I am so very sorry for you – even more so than I feel for myself and the rest of us who followed every detail of the creation of this game for so many years. It must be a truly wretched thing, to watch something so grand and full of promise be stained and cheapened so quickly.

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

puffintoast,

Amen! Well said.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

Puffintoast – You elequently put into words what so many of us have been saying. We are here because we love this game. I am speaking with my wallet. I will buy no more gems until a postive change occurs for us open world players.

I refuse to believe we are tilting at windmills. I will not give up on this post until someone, somewhere acknowledges changes were made. Purposely or not. Just an acknowledgement is all I’m asking for.

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I was at a dragon today and someone who hasn’t been playing very long wrote in map chat gleefully that s/he got a rare item.

It’s been in effect so long that people are thinking this is normal. I wonder if that’s what Anet is expecting will happen with everyone with time. Pittance becomes standard and people stop complaining that something was taken away from them.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

It doesn’t feel alright, if getting a green feels now like a rare and a yellow like a very, very, very rare.
Compared to before patch there is a significant difference.

We will not give up hope yet!

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Just did the temple of grenth event, got 5 yellows from the trash mobs (and trash from the chest). My friend running it with me was also fortunate with the yellow drops.

(edited by Xia.3485)

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Was in Orr today. Soloed 45% of melchors map. Got an exotic berserker ring from a quest completion chest; 1 gold drop from a trash mob; 1 ancient bone and 2 t6 scales. Had only 35% MF. Still; disappointed none the less.

puffintoast.6501

From an interview on KTR with Izzy Cartwright on the 5th December:

“Izzy: Yes, we collect all manner of data from observing the economy, gameplay, and sever (sic) load. We use this data in a number of ways. For instance, we can see where players die the most so we can start adjusting content that is too hard at early levels. As for the economy, we’re always watching how different items drop, from where, and how often. This lets us really see the ins and outs of our economy and how things like monthly events or weekends play a role in our ever changing economy.”

Statements like this should really reinforce to people on the fence with this one that the developers are constantly monitoring data streams, and something like the loot dearth that has been witnessed since the 15th November patch, if unintended, would have set major alarms ringing for them without any necessity for forum-based bug reports from players.
The confessed dodging of this vital topic on the Reddit AMA by Chris was very much a telling indicator of how little input that part of the team must actually have on the majority of the game’s direction now.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Killed 3 champions and roughly 10 to 12 veterans today. Not 1 single drop of any kind from any of them? I am beginning to wonder why I should even bother any more? Already level 80 so do not need experiance, no need for karma as I already purchased my exotics and have more then enough left over, so what is the purpose of fighting champs or vets? The only reason I have even bothered is to help others who have been fighting them, but it’s getting old real fast. Something is wrong, the devs know it as well as we do and it seems they just do not give a rats “kitten”. I played GW1 from the beginning, have 50/50, all collectors editions plus 2 full editional accounts, so thats 12 copies, not to mention the costumes, charector slots, storage tabs, etc., purchased the collectors edition of GW2, purchased jems, all to help support a game I loved. No more. No more money. I feel the devs have betrayed us over and over again, so I no longer have any faith in them.
I am going to keep playing as I have already paid and invested my time, but now it’s a secondary game instead of my primary source of entertainment. All they had to do was reply in this thread “we are looking in to it”, but thier silence speaks louder then any words.

puffintoast.6501

So many of us are in the same boat, squirrel. We gave back as much as we could to thank them for their efforts; alot of us bought as much as we could afford from the gem store on release to give back to the team that made this for us all. I myself bought more than I should have at the time – character slots, storage space, just to try and balance the debt I felt I owed them for delivering such an astounding game after waiting so very long.
Unfortunately, this is all far from the hands of the developers to control, and has been since before release, it seems.
With NCsoft flailing in the market, closing up shop where they can, the doors were left wide open for someone like Nexon to step in and set the wheels in motion to profit from their subsidiary ArenaNet’s incredible title.
The ‘steering committee’, for want of a better expression, that came in from Nexon obviously were not daft enough to go live with this crippled system that we have now, but it was quite definitely going to happen before the end of year. The snap changes to things like the dye system in the last few BWE’s should have very much alerted us all to what was happening. I was too caught up in the heady atmosphere of the imminent release, soaking up the world far too much, and not paying attention.
I find myself going back lately to drift around in pre-searing Ascalon, thinking of the future of the franchise, and all I can come up with is, “I hope this does not go the way of CoH”.
I wonder what Mr O’Brien makes of the new direction this title has taken since June. There seems to be some irony in leaving a giant like Blizzard behind for the freedom to take new directions, only to end up at the last behooven to the crudity of rapid monetization…

Posted by: Migo.6120

Migo.6120

I had a weird dream last night. I had accumulated 250 porous bones and was thinking there might come a time (soon) when a new item would be available for trading. Yah, haha funny, weird conspiracy nightmare dream. geesh. Funny thing is, I really am a totally casual player and have recently noticed I am just trying to keep enough coins to waypoint around the lower levels just for adventure. I have no intention of amassing golds or even armors, and yet the drops/lack of drops are affecting me. Nothing scientific here, but something is not right.

Posted by: SquirrelKing.8964

SquirrelKing.8964

It’s sad that I can’t even get items to improve my character with. I am a level 78 thief wearing lvl 70 equipment (or below in some cases). Drops should be frequent enough to keep up with the level curve, otherwise what is even the point of creating content that people will never see.

It just baffles me that there has been no response to this issue. I used to log in for several hours and have a blast, acquire a few dyes, get some new equipment, and run dynamic events with all of the people in my zone. Now… well, there’s no one around so most of the dynamic events are too difficult to finish and I believe this is in large part due to the pitiful drops. After half an hour today I quit. I managed about ten minutes two days ago.

cry I’d like the game I bought back, please.

Posted by: Mozzyrella.4517

Mozzyrella.4517

I don’t want this thread gone ‘lost’, its too important!

Anet please respond on this, don’t make your fans leave this game and become ex-fans.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

puffintoast

Well said! The apologists would have us all believe it’s our imagination, that the perception of the drop rate manipulation is nothing more then a halucination, but the overall math speaks for itself, when so many people suddenly stop receiving drops of any kind en masse, and they communicate this, there’s something tangibly wrong or insidiously perpetuated for greed. Either way it needs immediate repair.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

From an interview on KTR with Izzy Cartwright on the 5th December:

“Izzy: Yes, we collect all manner of data from observing the economy, gameplay, and sever (sic) load. We use this data in a number of ways. For instance, we can see where players die the most so we can start adjusting content that is too hard at early levels. As for the economy, we’re always watching how different items drop, from where, and how often. This lets us really see the ins and outs of our economy and how things like monthly events or weekends play a role in our ever changing economy.”

Statements like this should really reinforce to people on the fence with this one that the developers are constantly monitoring data streams, and something like the loot dearth that has been witnessed since the 15th November patch, if unintended, would have set major alarms ringing for them without any necessity for forum-based bug reports from players.
The confessed dodging of this vital topic on the Reddit AMA by Chris was very much a telling indicator of how little input that part of the team must actually have on the majority of the game’s direction now.

Oh you mean like the famous “Butter-Gate”?

The geniuses that removed butter and chocolate from karma and put them into bags, flooding the market making cooking even easier and cheaper?

Then proceed in creating a temporary recipe that alienated half the player base that could not get the item and made the prices go up like crazy?

Then removing said recipe and within a few hours we had the same flooded market and low prices like we have now?

I can see how they monitor their game and make kitten decisions, they are very good at that. Maybe they should start using their brains more than their monitoring tools because from what i have seen they are not using them at all.

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I have looked at the priced of several of the crafting materials needed for different lvl400 crafting, and except for ori, it looks like every single one of them has gone up since about 7th November. Supply for alot of the crafting materials also went down a bit and is stable at a level lower. But ori supply went up since Nov5 and has stayed up, hence the price still in a slight fall since Nov7.

Why? Because drop rates changed and alot of people including myself went from event farming to gathering to make some coin. Hence, lower supply of crafting materials. Sure bot bans had something to do with it but bots have also moved to gathering for the increased income compared to drops (and are hard to report because the teleport).

I make more in a couple of hours gathering with 3 characters than I do a day event running, leveling, WvW, or even dungeon running with just 1 character. And I am leveling more characters to increase that income.

Loot drop rates and quality have gone down. Market data shows this (decrease of supply), and it shows a shift towards gathering for us “farmers” (increase in ori supply). Even the supply of butter, one of the most common drop items on the market has been reduced and its price gone up.

So what ever ANet did around the 7th Nov changed supply, and the lowering of loot drop quantity/quality is reflected in the market and felt by those of us who made our coin from drops. Those who watch and play the market would of noticed the decreased supply and increased prices.

Its is not just percieved, its effects can be clearly seen.

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

Why can we not get some feedback !

Is it working as intended ?? is it being looked into ??? has it been ninja fixed ?? do you give a %$£^ ?? i wont be wasting any more of my time (is it fixed/broken/working as normal, you tell me) trying to have fun playing when these are the forums you made, your chance to communicate with us therefore if there is no Anet response within the next few hours on this i will be deleting this game forever from my system, this is absolute pathetic customer service. I dont expect you to reply to every single post on the furums, but i think this one just maybe warrants some feedback… pissed off completely now..

Well as a TP Trading noob, the last thing I want to see is honest feedback from Anet on droprates. My god, think of what would happen!

“Hey guys, we just nerfed the droprate on pretty much everything!”

Hoarding and massive buyout ensues.

“Hey guys, you’re in luck. We just upped the droprate on pretty much everything!”

Massive selloff and Corvindi loses the virtual house she doesn’t actually have because Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have housing, darn it.

You think that doesn’t happen anyway? It is just a matter of when.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

It seems apparent to me that the general loot problem is the result of errant DR. Whether a bug or intentional, DR seems to be firing quickly and for no reason at all… or just not resetting, or messing with our minds, or… ?

There are times when it seems there is no problem: You get 30 porous bones/trophies while filling a couple bags with blues/greens. During these times, you are very likely to get a rare or two. Then there are the times when you get 60 porous bones, 3 large bones, 2 rags, and 4 white items. That is not luck; it is a different reward schedule. And it can happen seemingly at random… After farming in Orr for 30 minutes, after farming in a small party in Frostgorge for 30 minutes, after farming solo for 30 minutes, after a dungeon run, after sitting afk, after not having played at all for 24 hours… pretty much whenever.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

It could be a messed up DR and I agree that it sounds likely. And if it is, it seems to follow you into whatever zone you go into, no matter if you just logged in after not playing for two days or if you spent 5 hours farming. Well, except for fotm, where you can easily fill your bags with blues/greens/rares.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

wildcode.5403

It could be a messed up DR and I agree that it sounds likely. And if it is, it seems to follow you into whatever zone you go into, no matter if you just logged in after not playing for two days or if you spent 5 hours farming. Well, except for fotm, where you can easily fill your bags with blues/greens/rares.

If it is DR, it will follow you. DR is account wide and has some sort of counter (not quite sure how it works even with wiki) that isn’t reset till the daily resets.

Blackwolfe.5649

Its supposed to be based on the zone you are in, in order for you to switch zones and not just farm the same area for several hours. If you go into another zone you should not have any DR there but you’d have to wait for the DR to reset in the one you were farming previously. Heck they even set it higher so DR wouldnt kick in as fast at one point.

Game over

wildcode.5403

Its supposed to be based on the zone you are in, in order for you to switch zones and not just farm the same area for several hours. If you go into another zone you should not have any DR there but you’d have to wait for the DR to reset in the one you were farming previously. Heck they even set it higher so DR wouldnt kick in as fast at one point.

If this is the case then it would rule out DR, because I get this across all characters, in different areas of Tyria. Only 3 of them can hit Cursed Shore and the one I’m leveling at the moment is hurting armor/equipment wise because of this bug.

Unless they lowered the trigger …

Blackwolfe.5649

There are more ways than one the DR could be bugged. That is, not only failing to reset over time but also for some reason bugged so that it has ended up not being separate per zone. Oh, and also possibly the ceiling of the DR to be hit too fast.

Game over

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

December 8th – issue still not addressed. Basically the OP is totally right! The patch notes says it all but the reality is opposite of what it should be.

Consider this. It’s December and this is the time for selling copies. If no major changes next week, any new GW2 self respecting MMO player would find out all the info for the current state of the game here at forums and won’t buy it. I won’t buy it. Pre-release some people said they would wait 2-3 months to see how the game goes before buying it. At this point I wish i did the same.

Heck even now my guildies and irl friends don’t play anymore because of this. All are waiting on the patch to check back in. And I feel that I’m turning into a mindless grind monster all over again. No thx. Currently I just log in for the dailies and that’s it.
Status mode: waiting…

ANet fix this!.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Directly because of this, other than “guild night”, I think I’m going to switch to Torchlight as my “regular” game and just check back on the forum once in a while to see if this has been fixed. Now I do have substantial gold in the bank, and have a full set of exotics (Most of which I bought before the Nov 15th nerf or shortly after the Lost shores event), so it’s not even really about money….but god help me if I want to start a new character…it’s just cost preventative. It’s about the game not working properly and getting appropriate reward for effort. With the length lack of any comment whatsoever, it’s becoming extremely apparent that this is nothing more than an explicit cash grab…I don’t need to play a game like that. Got frustrated will porous bones, played Torchlight for a couple hours the other night and quite enjoyed it. Not MMO, but that’s secondary for me and at least magic-find seems to work properly, was getting decent drops…and you know what…bosses actually dropped stuff!!!

Here’s a thought, is it possible it also prorates drops based on the amount of gold you have? With 150+ gold in the bank, maybe it doesn’t think I need good drops. :/

wildcode.5403

Here’s a thought, is it possible it also prorates drops based on the amount of gold you have? With 150+ gold in the bank, maybe it doesn’t think I need good drops. :/

Considering I normally have less than 10g in the bank (no more than 15G across the account), I don’t think so. Why so low? Using cash from selling gatherings to make 20 slot boxes so that when the loot gets fixed I wont have to run back and sell as often.

Leamas.5803

Considering I normally have less than 10g in the bank (no more than 15G across the account), I don’t think so. Why so low? Using cash from selling gatherings to make 20 slot boxes so that when the loot gets fixed I wont have to run back and sell as often.

I’m just throwing out bones…NO WAIT…porous bones. :P

tigirius.9014

So I got two drops from vets since the last patch and then nothing. I got one blue yesterday. What in the world is going on over there in HQ? really. I don’t get it. At no time should there ever be anything below a green from a vet and certainly not from a champion. Do you others agree on this? And Why aren’t there any fixes to chests exactly why can’t they be affected by mf? it seems more and more each day that they really do want us to spend all our money on gold. That’s pay 2 win and not very honest.

I put on my thief’s suit again to see if the drops would improve, they didn’t they dropped down to blues only meanwhile the level 37 ranger is getting 50% greens with not a drop of MF on him.

So not only has there been no MF fix it seems that max level characters are being penalized for being max level.

Posted by: chuckandme.8753

chuckandme.8753

You guys should just give up on the game just like Anet has given up on listening or responding to you.
They are pretty much closely monitoring this thread, waiting to hand out infractions -so they are well aware of your concern, still they are ignoring you.

You will more likely get an answer if you directly mail to Crystin Cox.

ANet seems to have lost control and hence the needed touch to their (former?) product. Many of us saw that comming long ago when the news said that NCSoft would be further involved into GW2. Also, many of us then yelled “but it’s still ANet’s game! they will remain in full control!” allover the forums. Now look at the sorry state of affairs and how wrong we’ve been.
This game will go the TOR route and in 3 years we will read an interview stating that “perhaps some wrong decisions were made early on…but we adjusted quickly and we’re now doing great” -while actually the game had never recovered.
I’ve seen this happening too many times with too many games in the past, it won’t be any different here.
1st quarter after release = drastic and desperate measures (like we’ve already seen some ingame)
2nd quarter after release = heads start to roll and people clear their offices.
It’ll happen.It’s the suits who pull the strings, shorttime investments etc…it’ll ruin GW2 too and it already started.
Not worth the hassle anymore.

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

So I got two drops from vets since the last patch and then nothing. I got one blue yesterday. What in the world is going on over there in HQ? really. I don’t get it. At no time should there ever be anything below a green from a vet and certainly not from a champion. Do you others agree on this? And Why aren’t there any fixes to chests exactly why can’t they be affected by mf? it seems more and more each day that they really do want us to spend all our money on gold. That’s pay 2 win and not very honest.

I put on my thief’s suit again to see if the drops would improve, they didn’t they dropped down to blues only meanwhile the level 37 ranger is getting 50% greens with not a drop of MF on him.

So not only has there been no MF fix it seems that max level characters are being penalized for being max level.

but the problem is that this game is not even pay 2 win because lets face it
every end game “better” item need huge grind of course you can shorten that with gems but for example look at volcanus or any other better exotic or ascended gear now look at the price of gems stuff like that would cost you over at least 200$ to craft …

Right now I can’t see to what direction is Anet heading because only fools will drop 200$ or more for 1 item so clearly they can’t be going pay 2 win route however with this nerf to drops every grind in this game (that was already huge in current standard) got at least 5x bigger… which is going to result in loss of most casual players who levelled 1 or 2 chars and wanted to look shiny and at the same time they will lose hardcore players because they are much better progress or grindy games with better rewards and more content.

Only thing Anet can do is restore drop rates before newer players who will get game on Christmas reach 80 and quit because they can’t even make crafted set.
Right now game is still advertised as non grind game but if you look at it every at least little unique item at lvl 80 it takes weeks or luck to get it…

And if they don’t stay with League of Legends gem store model this game will be dead within 6 months

(edited by Riel.2160)

Posted by: ganon.6350

ganon.6350

I didn’t see a difference in the loot rates, simply because I’m playing only since three weeks. But the fact is, there’s things that aren’t normal for me.

For example two days ago I was killing a dragon with 15/20 other ppl, at the end I open the chest, 3 blue and 1 green. A guy on the chat asked if someone got a rare, nobody did. That seem not normal regarding to the time we spent to kill this dragon, the first for me, and the last I guess

After that I was walking in cursed shore, because there’s nice events, so I did this event when you have to kill a really difficult guy who is turning you into animal when he is in low health. We put like an hou to finish the event, and I got 4 blue items and a reen token…

I do not count the veterans/champions that just disappear after killing, or give me nothing (like nothing, not just white, nothing), because it was already like that when I started the game.

So I guess there’s a problem, I am level 80 since one week, and since my first level I only looted one rare item…level 76 that I sold for 20s.

Then, if this thread can help by getting people aware of this problem, and make them react, it’s not worthless on my mind.

By the way, sorry for my english, I’m french.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

You guys should just give up on the game just like Anet has given up on listening or responding to you.
They are pretty much closely monitoring this thread, waiting to hand out infractions -so they are well aware of your concern, still they are ignoring you.

You will more likely get an answer if you directly mail to Crystin Cox.

ANet seems to have lost control and hence the needed touch to their (former?) product.

I dunno about that, IMHO the problem in this case is solely with anet, even in Guild Wars they apparently had DR mechanisms. The thing is that wasn’t a game with VP like GW2, they don’t recognise that this makes a difference.

To me they come across as ideologues, they have a vision for the game in this regard and they aren’t going to deviate no matter what the feedback is.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

puffintoast.6501

It’s interesting to see the reaction of newer players like Ganon, in regard to how obviously broken the reward system is. Is it possible they will take the clamps off the drop rates again over the Christmas period, with it’s expected influx of new players, to offer up some sort of incentive and raise new player retention?
If I were a new player, regardless of prior experience in MMO’s, the state of the returns and increase in wealth in this game would be quite the disincentive to continue playing.
Unless the assumption is that the lack of generated wealth through playing events, killing monsters, etc, would simply make new players buy gems to convert to gold for purchases on the BLTC. But surely the escalating costs of high tier crafting mats can only creep so high, before the simple lack of new materials coming into the TP from the game world cannot meet demand, no matter how high the price?
Sigh. I should studied economics or some such thing. I would dearly love to understand what the intentions and long-term goals are here.

Posted by: MrNobody.4357

MrNobody.4357

I didn’t see a difference in the loot rates, simply because I’m playing only since three weeks. But the fact is, there’s things that aren’t normal for me.

For example two days ago I was killing a dragon with 15/20 other ppl, at the end I open the chest, 3 blue and 1 green. A guy on the chat asked if someone got a rare, nobody did. That seem not normal regarding to the time we spent to kill this dragon, the first for me, and the last I guess

After that I was walking in cursed shore, because there’s nice events, so I did this event when you have to kill a really difficult guy who is turning you into animal when he is in low health. We put like an hou to finish the event, and I got 4 blue items and a reen token…

I do not count the veterans/champions that just disappear after killing, or give me nothing (like nothing, not just white, nothing), because it was already like that when I started the game.

So I guess there’s a problem, I am level 80 since one week, and since my first level I only looted one rare item…level 76 that I sold for 20s.

Then, if this thread can help by getting people aware of this problem, and make them react, it’s not worthless on my mind.

I’ve got a Ganon in my guild who is the most ever lucky person at drops. Next time he links in chat his 20 yellow drops of every evening i’m gonna post it here.

Maybe it is all his fault all the other people gets no loot

Posted by: mergi.1407

mergi.1407

Please Anet rethink you policy on economic restraints. All you are achieving is alienation of your userbase, the very people that would buy your future expansions.
DR means GW2 has become a job not a game! You are draining my in game finances at every turn I take while removing the ability to sustain and grow.
I want to use waypoints to help friends and guildies and to explore and imerse myself in tyria – why do you put a price on that? This breaks the community spirit and leaves your maps empty.
I want to explore in depth each character with different sets of armor, I want to spend hours learning the styles and nuances of each profession, but alas I cannot afford to do this. Why would you wish to stonewall the very people that want to play this game for many years to come?
I want a cash shop for things I consider to be fun and entertaining, not for game dynamics that should be there in the first place! I mean storage space – seriously? Really? What are you thinking?
Why not think outside the box, use the cash shop for real world charity, buy a mini and x% goes to this charity for example.
A vibrant in game economy giving me the ability to play this game for the long term is what will make me spend money at your cash shop period! Its called goodwill, you offer the product you promised and you get loyalty in return. If you hamper my in game experience in any way then I will be looking elsewhere.
For an example WOW did nothing to hamper my economic growth , yet I still spent a lot of money on subscription from vanilla to cata, I did server transfers, character renaming, bought mounts and minis because it was FUN!
I did this because I got value from the in game experience! Perhaps you can learn from this.

Posted by: ganon.6350

ganon.6350

I’ve got a Ganon in my guild who is the most ever lucky person at drops. Next time he links in chat his 20 yellow drops of every evening i’m gonna post it here.

Maybe it is all his fault all the other people gets no loot

Ah ah, maybe he is stealing all our loots, but since I have the same nickname, I can hope an Anet mistake and got some loots too !

I used to play WoW and Diablo III, and I have the same disapointed feeling than in Diablo III, where you never loot something interesting (people that play this game know what I’m talking about).

In WoW, it was different okay, but for example rare monsters that poped randomly on the map were everytime dropping something. Here when I’m doing a veteran it’s not because I am curious about what he is going to loot, and for the challenge, it’s just because I made a mistake in my aggro.

So yeah, i think there’s something to change, don’t know if that’s a bug or just Anet wishes.

RedBaron.6058

I am very concerned about the change in loot parameters since the event patch. It seems to me and I’m not the only one that the quality and frequency of loot in open world events has been turned down substantially.
As an example, I did several champions and a dozen events over a 3 hour period and the best piece of loot I received was a green torch with the vast majority being white junk items and a couple blues. Two of the champions failed to drop any loot at all which is completely opposite of the patch notes;
“The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.”

Perhaps it was an unintentional side effect to the adjustments made regardless this is my main concern;

One of the main reasons for my wife and I gleefully jumped into GW2 was because of the freedom which allowed us to play together and tackle a vast majority of content as a duo. The game offered this on virtually all fronts, from making money, crafting and gearing our characters to leveling together all the while remaining competitive.
The current change in loot distribution either purposely or accidentally seems to force us into having to group to do dungeons in order to accomplish these various goals and goes against the very principle of the game’s design and our play style. If we wanted to be pigeon holed into having to run dungeons to be successful we would have stayed with WoW, Rift or every other MMO out there because that is their core design.

This for the most part even goes directly against the comments made by Chris Whiteside’s latest response to the addition of ascended gear as quoted below;

“Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. As you know we care very much about your support and opinion and are listening intently to what you say.
Finally we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming content, and we will ensure we share our thoughts with you on the experiences we share in the Lost Shores."
Chris Whiteside – Studio Design Director”

In the end I guess my question really boils down to this;
Is the downgrading in open world loot whether intended or accidental going to be re-adjusted so those of us who prefer open world content either solo duo or in whatever fashion can continue to remain competitive?

Vlad,

Still no official comment on this thread?
I wonder why. There are enough replies and views to bring it to attention.
Well lets hope for the best..:)

Best regards,

Red

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: OdinSon.1425

OdinSon.1425

So i was watching some GW2 videos from much earlier in the game’s life, aka pre this November patch. I saw this guy who was farming in the same spot i have been for days (looking for some T6 blood), the video spent 30 mins and he had 3 or so bloods and 2 rare drops. Now here i am after about a week of farming for about 2 hours a day….with 6 bloods and 0 rares. Makes me want to stop playing, thats for sure.

OdinSon The Bullwark 80 – Guardian

SOR HL

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

It’s getting to the point of why even bother now? I’ve done Jormag 4 times in the last couple of days and gotten 4 blues each time. That doesn’t even cover the waypoint travel. If my time spent isn’t worth anything to Anet then I’ll be returning the sentiment back to them pretty soon.

Christ my alts are struggling to continue because they can’t use hoofs or salvageable rags as weapons/armour

(edited by Paul.4081)

Posted by: Shadow Serpentis.8197

Shadow Serpentis.8197

Actually quite shocked by the lack of engagement by the Anet Team on this fundamental issue with it’s customer base. Very poor form.

It’s very simple. Let your customers know; Is this a bug or the intended new behaviour ?

Thanks

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

It is a shame really.
Had this been about players making gold it would have been hot patched and nerfed in 5 mins.
But because this is in line with the reduce income they dont seem to even want to acknowledge the thread or question.
It has been going on for 3 weeks and no one offered an update/solution or simple Hi we see this.
Especially since players derive satisfaction from loot and rewards this is causing a rift and more negative feedback. They need to stop driving wedges between the community and devs and turn things around here.

Leamas.5803

I consider it nothing less than a dishonest cash grab. I get garbage from drops, if I want a legendary weapon, say The Bifrost, I have little choice but to buy gems and it will run about 700 gold by the time one buys and collects all the required materials, pays their dues to the mystic toilet and untold amounts of grinding in the required dungeon to collect the required tokens. Currently, a gold in the gem store translates to about a 1 dollar in the real world….$700 plus a ton of grinding to boot!?!?!?! NOT A CHANCE!!!

(edited by Leamas.5803)

tigirius.9014

There seems to be some irony in leaving a giant like Blizzard behind for the freedom to take new directions, only to end up at the last behooven to the crudity of rapid monetization…

Amazing. Didn’t even think about that one. The very thing he and others were desperately trying to escape coming along and sweeping through their creation anyway.

puffintoast.6501

I consider it nothing less than a dishonest cash grab. I get garbage from drops, if I want a legendary weapon, say The Bifrost, I have little choice but to buy gems and it will run about 700 gold by the time one buys and collects all the required materials, pays their dues to the mystic toilet and untold amounts of grinding in the required dungeon to collect the required tokens. Currently, a gold in the gem store translates to about a 1 dollar in the real world….$700 plus a ton of grinding to boot!?!?!?! NOT A CHANCE!!!

Blimey, seeing the numbers and process laid out is truly frightening.
Surely not even the boldest of the Nexon fairies would consider this a likely eventuality from their schemes?
And Tigiriu, imagine even for one day being the veritable ‘fly on the wall’ in the Arena Net developers’ offices and internal meetings! Or even better, their water cooler discussions…
I would dearly love to hear how some of those discussions played out.
“Under New Management” indeed.

Posted by: Revan.2461

Revan.2461

Guys don’t you all understand? They don’t want you to grind gold in this game. The whole point of this is to force you to buy gems from the cash shop so you can convert them into gold….

RedBaron.6058

Guys don’t you all understand? They don’t want you to grind gold in this game. The whole point of this is to force you to buy gems from the cash shop so you can convert them into gold….

Revan,

We all understand as you well know..:)
The sad thing is that instead of making the stuff sold by the BLTC interesting in order to convince the players to buy gems to get it, the chosen route was to reduce the loot to almost zero.

The creators of this game must be as sad as we are.
I still have hope that they clean their act and talk to us, reverting the loot tables to the pre-15th November values. Until then I will not buy 1 gem.

If they never acknowledge the fact, then the dice have been cast.

Posted by: Superdob.4150

Superdob.4150

Day 17…

And still no word

Wont be playing until some feedback is given.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Today I had 45 bags (which contain things like butter and chocolate and totems and so on..) and 26 hooves (again!) and I did spoke to the vendor several times during completing that zone I was doing (so it must have been way more hooves and bags).
And also a lot of whites and blues, some greens, no yellows.. ^^

Yeah great.. definitely a very good run.. not… -.-

RedBaron.6058

The loot has been reduced to the point that leveling lowbie chars does not guarantee anymore decent gear for you to continue progression…you will find yourself having level 14/16 gear when you are well in the 20`s, for example. Due to the fact that the lowbie zones are now completely empty, you have no chance of doing the events with several mobs at same time because your gear is subpar and you have no one to party with.
My first char was getting gear all the time from drops and I was able to have always appropriated gear for the level I was on (most of the time all green gear, mixed with yellows).

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

I agree on this, the droprates are in the floor at this moment, it’s totally sad the route this is taking.

Feels like: Let’s give them more money on dungeons and fractals and stealth droprate to ground zero… erm doesn’t work.