Change in loot parameters or a bug? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

If they want us to take some in-game routes then they should increase the rewards on that routes instead of nerfing to oblivion the routes they do not want us to take.

Motivation is always preferable to repression..:)

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: Mozzyrella.4517

Mozzyrella.4517

The funny thing is, they did stealth-raise the exp reward, did anyone notice that? 2 or 3 days ago (not sure exactly when). Tequatl (gold medal) used to give around 8k exp, now it gives 11k. But karma and money rewards are still the same as before.
So they want us to level even faster with less drops.

Well, if they don’t respond to us before the Winterday Event, I’m gonna ‘respond’ the same way they do, but with my wallet: ZIP!

RedBaron.6058

My wallet is closed until they bring the pre-15th November loot tables and acknowledge the ninja loot nerf.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

I only log on to farm Orc nodes and Ancient wood, play on my alt to complete dailies, then log off.

I dont waste my time farming mobs or going to events (unless Im in the area) anymore its absolutely a waste of time.

This game is biggest grinding game ive ever played.

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

Here’s my thing… I want an MMORPG to play. I enjoy the genre. I’ve been playing MMORPGs for a very long time. If my game of choice hadn’t been shut down, this wouldn’t even be an issue. But it did, so here I am. And I gots a problem.

At this point, I’ve stopped playing open world PvE altogether because 1. it’s absurdly stingy and 2. I still don’t know if that stinginess is intended or a bug. Why waste my time getting little to nothing if drops might be improved, right?

So I wait. And I mess around in WvW. But that’s starting to lose it’s luster. It won’t hold my interest all on its own. And it’s not very lucrative, either… to put it mildly.

Meanwhile, the drop situation persists, and no one’s saying anything about it.

What am I supposed to do with this? I want to play the game. I do. But, since launch, it seems as though I’ve been given nothing but reasons to abandon it. To be honest, it’s really kinda dumbfounding.

I want an MMORPG to play but… I don’t need one to play. I’m not a captured audience. There’s a lot of media out there clamoring for my attention and time. GW2 would be, frankly, quite easy to replace. At this rate, it’s very soon going to be.

I’ve been thinking I had at least a couple-few months of play left. But the drop rate situation has now thrown even that into doubt. If I keep getting shoved towards the exit, eventually I will take the hint.

Right now I’m precariously close to doing just that.

Posted by: puffintoast.6501

puffintoast.6501

Whilst darkly pondering the state of things, and far more worryingly the precedent this situation sets for the future of the game, a repulsive, yet seemingly inevitable thought emerged.
Nexon and their monetization remoras are latched on quite firmly now, we pretty much have to accept this; and the tiny changes (in terms of their ongoing plans, at least) that we have seen are but the tip of the iceberg before they are done with our game and discard the husk that remains.
What if we agree to an uneasy truce here. What if they can offer the increasingly disillusioned and betrayed players amongst us a substitute for a monthly subscription – quite fittingly perhaps a shiny maple-tinted key, that will grant us access to a server that is free of the new restrictions; the methods they have employed to funnel us into micro-transactions and gem-purchases in a sorry attempt to feel a sense of accomplishment?
They won’t see another cent from an awful lot of us now, quite deservedly, for not only their unethical methods and ambitions, but their offensive lack of any form of respect for the people that made this game what it has become so quickly, financially speaking.
So how about it, Crystin? Instead of a flat zero from a growing percentage of your player base, I would hazard a guess that many of us now would grudgingly pay $15 a month to be free of you – to regain the fantastic freedom, and potential for Tyria re-imagined, that so many of us paid willingly for.
Unrestricted, as was promised and paid for by us.
Sound like a good thing to bolster your resume?

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

puffintoast.6501

Have you even confirm that Nexon has to do anything with any chances they make?
Cause I quite don’t understand half of you guys, as far as I know Nexon bought part of NCsoft, but does that affect to anything related onto GW2 internal game?

(edited by Alur.7510)

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Seems to me that we just need to grind more, and maybe something good will drop. That formula works in Korea, right?

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

@puffintoast:

I actually don’t believe that the current monetization scheme—if that’s really what’s going on here—is going to work. If that’s truly what this is all about (and at this point I find it very difficult to see it as being otherwise) I believe that this is not the type of audience that certain agencies seem to be thinking it is.

The type of player drawn to a game like GW2 is not the same type of player that becomes invested in something like, oh, let’s just say… Maple Story… as a random example. In fact, most people I game with don’t even know what that is. That’s an indicator to me that we have a very different crowd here.

If I’m right—that’s a big if, to be sure—but if I am… it’ll mean that the cash shop will fail to meet expectations by a considerable margin. At that point, some people will probably get canned, and a new direction will be taken. Probably one more to our tastes.

I’m just beginning to doubt the worth of waiting around for that potential scenario to unfold.

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

They want you to grind fractals. It’s obvious.
Move on to another dungeon grinder, there are some with actually rewarding encounters.

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

The lack of official response in this thread is worrying

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The funny thing is, they did stealth-raise the exp reward, did anyone notice that? 2 or 3 days ago (not sure exactly when). Tequatl (gold medal) used to give around 8k exp, now it gives 11k. But karma and money rewards are still the same as before.

It was in the patch notes – they made the dynamic event rewards scale down a bit less for high level players. It affects karma and money rewards as well, but you’d have to look at lower level events to see the difference.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

They want you to grind fractals. It’s obvious.
Move on to another dungeon grinder, there are some with actually rewarding encounters.

Players shouldnt have to dungeon grind.

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Posted by: ErikxRod.4832

ErikxRod.4832

didnt know, there was a serious topic that hasnt been deleted out there ;-)
sadly, i can totally feel what 95% of you are saying and youre right, its totally messed up, me myself played over 800 hours, too.
today i was running 2 paths cof and one ac, and it dropped several yellows in the group and i even got one exotic,one rare, and a molten core…
did they ninja patch the loottables a bit? i would love to finally hear a developer response in this thread

(edited by ErikxRod.4832)

Posted by: Evil Geek.6904

Evil Geek.6904

The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons

From the patch notes of the 15th November, didn’t happen, veterans and champions still not dropping anything of value 95% of the time, hasn’t been fixed. From that it’s obvious that this is deliberate, as has been said elsewhere if it goes for us (dye drops) it’s nerfed in to the ground, goes against us and it’s left alone with no official response. It’s been almost a month now and nothing has been addressed.

I’m losing faith, my wallet is closed and has been since the Halloween chest debacle, it will remain so. I see no point in supporting a game that is failing to support its players or provide any form of transparency or any kind of feedback on an issue that affects everyone.

Posted by: Revan.2461

Revan.2461

You know I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they lock this thread like they did when they received major player backlash on ascended gear…

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

Well, did the pent/shelter/jofast events tonight for a little over 3 hours. Majority of the loot was porous bones (54), next was all the salvagable, bags, and crafting materials, out of the remaining there was only 38 items, 0 yellows, hardly any greens. Selling the items to merchant didn’t even get me 1G … for 3 hours event running …

The loot drops are clearly still bugged.

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I did get 4 dyes in less than one hour last night. 1 rare in 3+ hours, a few greens and tons of blues/whites/junk. That tells us that.. it doesnt tell us anything at all. I got extremely lucky with the dyes thats all. Total I have gotten perhaps 5-6 dyes in the last 30 days.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I just wanted to add that I decided to play my Charr Ranger today and noticed that I’m level 15 with a level 8 bow and 2 level 6 axes. This is absolutely shockingly pathetic! Never have I been so starved of loot like this in any other game.

After an hour the only non materials I have is globby goo, spider legs and slabs of meat

RedBaron.6058

Yes…leveling new chars is pathetic now…you can not get average gear for your level anymore.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

So how about it, Crystin? Instead of a flat zero from a growing percentage of your player base, I would hazard a guess that many of us now would grudgingly pay $15 a month to be free of you – to regain the fantastic freedom, and potential for Tyria re-imagined, that so many of us paid willingly for.
Unrestricted, as was promised and paid for by us.
Sound like a good thing to bolster your resume?

Not a flying chance in hell from me!!! I play this game specifically because there is NO monthly sub, I even bought the guide and gems to help support the game afterward. If I were willing to pay a monthly sub I would be not be playing this and be eagerly awaiting ESO to be released as the Elder Scrolls games are perhaps the best RPG games ever created IMO.

What the game is now is NOT what I bought and I will not succumb to extortion to get it back. I will stop playing before I pay a monthly fee and will not spend a single cent in the gem store until this is fixed.

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

I’ve noticed what feels like an increase today and yesterday. More drops in general, a lot more greens than I’ve been seeing, and even a couple of golds. Champs are still dropping nothing, but that’s an acknowledged issue (at least, I take the fact that they tried to fix that as an acknowledgement). But, random is random, and it look me a lot longer than two days to really start to feel like something was wrong, so I’ll reserve judgement on whether anything has changed for the better for a while yet.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

It seems as though the loot nerf only affects the Risen. I’ve been blasting around everywhere else getting OK loot…but Orr? Forget it. And that seems to include the Risen in lower zones too.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

No, it doesn’t.
For me it is the same everywhere in pve.
But you could be right that loot from the risen is worse compared to bad loot from other mobs.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Please Anet rethink you policy on economic restraints. All you are achieving is alienation of your userbase, the very people that would buy your future expansions.
DR means GW2 has become a job not a game! You are draining my in game finances at every turn I take while removing the ability to sustain and grow.
I want to use waypoints to help friends and guildies and to explore and imerse myself in tyria – why do you put a price on that? This breaks the community spirit and leaves your maps empty.
I want to explore in depth each character with different sets of armor, I want to spend hours learning the styles and nuances of each profession, but alas I cannot afford to do this. Why would you wish to stonewall the very people that want to play this game for many years to come?
I want a cash shop for things I consider to be fun and entertaining, not for game dynamics that should be there in the first place!

Quoted because this is well said and deserves emphasising as to how people want to play the game and are being prevented from doing so.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

This is very frustrating when trying to level a character. The lower drop rates asnd quality means it takes longer to upgrade my characters gear. If this was a nerf to lower our money making capability, what are they going to nerf next, make gathering an account thing so once you gather a node with one character you cant then switch characters and gather same node, especially ori, ancient wood and omnomberries …. if this is indeed the trend then it will happen, just a matter of time.

Posted by: cNcHellShadow.7691

cNcHellShadow.7691

I’m not sure if there was any “ninja-fix” but I’ve gotten more rares in 2 hours in Orr today, than I’ve gotten in the last 2 weeks, with no change in my habitual farming routes. Anyone else having such luck?

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

I’m not sure if there was any “ninja-fix” but I’ve gotten more rares in 2 hours in Orr today, than I’ve gotten in the last 2 weeks, with no change in my habitual farming routes. Anyone else having such luck?

Not me sadly I will try tomorrow morning again and see what happens!

Posted by: cNcHellShadow.7691

cNcHellShadow.7691

Not me sadly I will try tomorrow morning again and see what happens!

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping others were seeing some sort of increase in quality or even quantity of drops. I did, however, see a decrease in a last couple of hours of farming, probably attributed to the lack of party invites I was receiving.

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I hit The shores today for the first time and I droped several golds; a multitude of dyes including a gold one and some t6 mats. Like others have posted though; this means nothing of course.

Leamas.5803

I have a theory, what if they changed the amount of time it takes DR to reset (Obviously in the order of days, perhaps longer) AND changed it from being event bound to map, or even region, bound meaning that DR applies no matter where you are or what you are doing…so if you activate DR in one event, it’s still active for the next event, which in turn might diminish returns even more for the next event. That would explain why good loot runs are seemingly random, not tied to events and quite far between.

I still say it’s underhanded, sneaky and in total breach of what the game was advertized as when I bought it.

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

I still don’t understand why DR still exists.

I was under the impression it was there to combat bots, but now that most of the bots are gone, why do we still need DR?

To me it seems bots were only part of the reason DR exists otherwise they would’ve removed it by now.

The problem is we’ll never get an answer from ANet, they’re all hush hush when it comes to game dynamics such as this.

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

I don’t understand why should DR be there at all!
If there are bots, people would report them or put some kind of mechanic to prevent botting that doesn’t affect real players. Bots can stay all day long and farm without getting tired or bother about the drops. Real players are still humans, they have real lives, they are investing their time & money on getting some decent stuff to maintain their characters over a long-term. DR is like taking a dump on real players just to battle a few bots. Even after DR we still have a few bots here and there untouched, so not sure how is DR really helping with bots issue.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Nothing I’ve come across is this game hurt as much as farming sparks for multiple hours (with gem store magic find boost and all possible food/armor magic find) and not even getting a rare drop let alone a lodestone.

Times like these make me think again about buying a 5 pack of magic find boosters, I know it’s not pay to win, but if you buy something (with gold, gems or cash) it should at least work.

Maybe I should start a thread on the bug page about gem store MF boosters, if they won’t at least adress if the are currently working or not, then they really should stop selling them.

phaneo.4597

Nothing I’ve come across is this game hurt as much as farming sparks for multiple hours (with gem store magic find boost and all possible food/armor magic find) and not even getting a rare drop let alone a lodestone.

Times like these make me think again about buying a 5 pack of magic find boosters, I know it’s not pay to win, but if you buy something (with gold, gems or cash) it should at least work.

Maybe I should start a thread on the bug page about gem store MF boosters, if they won’t at least adress if the are currently working or not, then they really should stop selling them.

Till date, I have only 3 charged lodestones. I’ve farmed them for a long time and one day I got one lodestone and 2 more the next day and that’s it. Now people even don’t do Dwayna’s event with the FAIL drop rates, and the area in CS where you can farm sparks is always full of corruption. I don’t know if I’ll manage to get my Legendary in the next 4-5 years with this situation. I also fail to get T6 mats needed for it. Is Anet just ignoring its playerbase and trying to applaud itself with buggy special events?

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

puffintoast.6501

I was under the impression it was there to combat bots, but now that most of the bots are gone, why do we still need DR?

To me it seems bots were only part of the reason DR exists otherwise they would’ve removed it by now.

The problem is we’ll never get an answer from ANet, they’re all hush hush when it comes to game dynamics such as this.

It really is quite simple, in terms of the direction the game has taken since the June NCsoft shares buyout, and the concurrent installment of Nexon’s (the new 15% shareholder) monetization manager into ArenaNet.
DR, character-bound dyes, and especially the reduced loot drops from mobs, chests, etc, directs and promotes player traffic to the gem store. Gems purchased with real world funds are turned into gold to cover inflated TP prices due to scarcity of desired and required materials, due to the aforementioned restrictions.
This has been Crystin’s task since she was placed into ArenaNet in June, and hence why we are now feeling the effects of NCsoft’s financial problems.
And unfortunately, now that the inroads have been made, this is just the beginning.

Medazolam.3058

See I am getting mats pretty quickly, well fast enough to keep me happy, t6 drops and converting t5. I will admit, magic find MAY help these drops, I can’t really tell but I would like a confirmation that MF isn’t bugged before I spend more gold (or cash) on gems to buy boosters. With all the hours I have played, if it had an effect, you think I would have noticed by now.

Posted by: Allusir.5630

Allusir.5630

Without jumping on the rage wagon, I have noticed a huge difference in the PvE open world drops. I have noticed a huge rise of prices in the trading post. Ectos have gone from 8-11 silver to over 30. Unidentified dye has gone from 2-3 silver to over 10. Fine crafting materials (claw, blood, etc.) have increased in price, especially the T6 stuff.

The only thing I’ve noticed staying about the same are materials that can be gathered. If you can mine it, there’s plenty of supply to go around. The cost of iron ingots hasn’t really moved too much since the first month.

I used to have to find a merchant every 15-25% of a map complete, depending on how many events I came across. I scrambled to get bigger bags for my character, and spent a some gems to get a few extra bag slots. Now, I can finish off 50% of a zone and the only bag that fills up is my crafting bag (from gathering). I have a whole 20 slot bag that hasn’t gotten an item in it for the last 2 zone completions (both of them level 70+ areas). I also used to burn through salvage kits, having to carry 2 or 3 on me at a time because by the time I got to a merchant I would be out. Now I can have the same salvage kit for most of a zone.

During an event there would be a swarm of enemies. I’d hit the whole batch with a few well timed snares and AoE blasts and take a third of their health. Then finish them off with the NPC’s or other players and I could expect to get at least something from most of the downed monsters. Now, even when I fall into the wrong spot and have an epic showdown with 7+ enemies, and I do 100% of the damage because I’m the only one around, I maybe have 1 or 2 that drop loot, mostly junk.

I used to craft all the time. I got up to where I could craft level 25-30 gear with every crafting profession. Now I struggle to keep up with just tailoring. I’ve had a level 80 character for about a month now, but I have yet to get enough T6 materials to craft exotic armor.

I used to have a bunch of magic find in my armor. So when I stopped getting as much loot I thought that was the problem, so I pooled my resources on equipment to get me back up to 30% + food and booster bonuses. Still not seeing loot.

I finally got to fight one of the dragon champions, the ice one, for the first time. I thought, at least with the large chest I’m supposed to get at the end of this long and awesomely epic event I will get something. I didn’t even get a green item.

Now, I’ve been doing a lot of WvW because taking 1 supply camp gets me 3-4 events, and about 5 silver in base rewards. Get a good farming group going that just captures supply camps (if my server is losing) or recapturing supply camps (if we are winning and the other guys are farming supply camps). It’s not the greatest, but I’ve found it’s the fastest way to fund my character so he can have equipment to match his level in open world.

I still love to do open world. It’s fun. But, I’m not a fan of having to farm WvW events half the time just to be able to afford to craft rare armor made with T5 mats. I’m a casual player, I only have an hour here, two hours there. I don’t have time to farm dungeons for the end chests.

There is definitely a problem with the loot right now. I don’t have exact numbers, but even just looking at the prices of the trade post over the last month should show plenty of numbers for this problem.

Posted by: Allusir.5630

Allusir.5630

I really don’t think this is some plot to get us to buy more gold through the gem store. With the huge inflation of items in the trade post the gold that I would get from gems isn’t worth nearly as much and I feel like there’s just not enough bang for the buck right now. I doubt I’m the only one thinking this.

There’s a lot on the plate right now. Adding that new island and FotM between halloween and wintersday was maybe a bit ambitious. I would say I’d rather other things be fixed first before new permanent content is added, but what’s done is done. I would rather they not skip holiday events (and I doubt they will just for this). There’s also a lot of bugs they are fixing with the events, NPC’s getting stuck and whatnot.

There’s just a lot to do, and fixing an economy isn’t something that can be done over night. I’m sure there is a lot of brainstorming going into it. Too far into increasing the drop rate in open world and there would be no point in dungeons, too little and we get what we have now.

Give it some time, it’s a game. You can still play it without having a legendary weapon and full exotic armor (heaven knows I have). It was still fun to kill a giant icy dragon even if I didn’t even get so much as a green from the chest. It’s still fun to find a dwarf tombstone in a remote corner of the shiverpeaks. Don’t get me wrong, I love loot and would love to craft using just drops again. If I didn’t care at all I wouldn’t have taken the time to add my feedback and what I’ve noticed.

As for no response from ArenaNet, I’m not surprised after the rage the moderator got for saying to please keep the conversation going, this is helping the team make the game better in time. Even if they got on and said “we’re aware of the problem, sorry for the grief it’s causing you, we are working on it” there would be a flood of QQ that it’s not fast enough. They take their time on everything to try to make the game the best they can. How long did the game release get pushed back because they wanted underwater content?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It really is quite simple, in terms of the direction the game has taken since the June NCsoft shares buyout, and the concurrent installment of Nexon’s (the new 15% shareholder) monetization manager into ArenaNet.
DR, character-bound dyes, and especially the reduced loot drops from mobs, chests, etc, directs and promotes player traffic to the gem store. Gems purchased with real world funds are turned into gold to cover inflated TP prices due to scarcity of desired and required materials, due to the aforementioned restrictions.
This has been Crystin’s task since she was placed into ArenaNet in June, and hence why we are now feeling the effects of NCsoft’s financial problems.
And unfortunately, now that the inroads have been made, this is just the beginning.

I agree that’s how it appears to me as well.

If this continues I won’t be playing much longer. I refuse to spend money like that.

It disgusts me every time I login and try to get anything now. I tried farming for onyx lodestones of which I only need 6 because I unlike many others can make my own superior runes of the ogre.

It would take 11 gold to buy the stones 22 to buy the runes.

It’s just not worth it.

Sorry I wanted to enjoy your game and I thought you actually understood and supported players like me.

I won’t be logging in again until they fix this.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Medazolam.3058

The Nexon stuff is just tinfoil fodder, the type of influence people are proposing is beyond the power of a minority stake shareholder. They will eventually be able to possible get people on the board via nominations and meetings, but even a 15% stake doesn’t ensure anything like that. It’s a public company, there are rules and laws with people watching for improper influence.

phaneo.4597

I really don’t think this is some plot to get us to buy more gold through the gem store. With the huge inflation of items in the trade post the gold that I would get from gems isn’t worth nearly as much and I feel like there’s just not enough bang for the buck right now. I doubt I’m the only one thinking this.

There’s a lot on the plate right now. Adding that new island and FotM between halloween and wintersday was maybe a bit ambitious. I would say I’d rather other things be fixed first before new permanent content is added, but what’s done is done. I would rather they not skip holiday events (and I doubt they will just for this). There’s also a lot of bugs they are fixing with the events, NPC’s getting stuck and whatnot.

There’s just a lot to do, and fixing an economy isn’t something that can be done over night. I’m sure there is a lot of brainstorming going into it. Too far into increasing the drop rate in open world and there would be no point in dungeons, too little and we get what we have now.

Give it some time, it’s a game. You can still play it without having a legendary weapon and full exotic armor (heaven knows I have). It was still fun to kill a giant icy dragon even if I didn’t even get so much as a green from the chest. It’s still fun to find a dwarf tombstone in a remote corner of the shiverpeaks. Don’t get me wrong, I love loot and would love to craft using just drops again. If I didn’t care at all I wouldn’t have taken the time to add my feedback and what I’ve noticed.

As for no response from ArenaNet, I’m not surprised after the rage the moderator got for saying to please keep the conversation going, this is helping the team make the game better in time. Even if they got on and said “we’re aware of the problem, sorry for the grief it’s causing you, we are working on it” there would be a flood of QQ that it’s not fast enough. They take their time on everything to try to make the game the best they can. How long did the game release get pushed back because they wanted underwater content?

How long did they take to fix dye drops? Not more than 3 days if I remember. 100 Gems to gold used to be 37-40s earlier, now its 1g 25s and around that. You can kill a dragon once and feel happy about an epic event, and move on without caring about loot. If you do same thing so many times expecting loot, you’ll be frustrated. Smell the roses? We’ve smelt all of them. Yea sure the game can be played well without legendary or exotic. But if there’s no goal in the game, there’s no point in playing it. Different players like to do different things – some like open world farming, some like dungeons, some like to do maps, etc. But one thing common in all of these is – loot drops, the basic aspect of any RPG, including MMO’s. Many of us are casual players. We’ve limited play time per day. We spend that time doing various things to progress, and expect something in return to see that we’re “progressing”. If leveling up is the only thing I need, I could buy kittenload of gems and convert to gold and craft all the way to 80. Not everyone needs to be a “stand around smelling roses doing nothing else” kinda player, it won’t work in the long run. What once was a better game, is now getting pushed down to ground. And yeah, 90% of players hate underwater combat and many avoid going underwater just for that, so yes, if they pushed game release just for that, it’s disappointing.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: Ansimika.7162

Ansimika.7162

15 pages, dear god. I cannot believe this still hasn’t gotten a proper response. This is insane. Even if this plays out to be some kind of bug, what kind of customer service is this? Clearly they are watching, yet they are doing nothing but lurking their own forum. It makes absolutely no sense.

phaneo.4597

15 pages, dear god. I cannot believe this still hasn’t gotten a proper response. This is insane. Even if this plays out to be some kind of bug, what kind of customer service is this? Clearly they are watching, yet they are doing nothing but lurking their own forum. It makes absolutely no sense.

They’re farming “infractions”. Atleast they’re more successful with that than us who farm loot.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

puffintoast.6501

The Nexon stuff is just tinfoil fodder, the type of influence people are proposing is beyond the power of a minority stake shareholder. They will eventually be able to possible get people on the board via nominations and meetings, but even a 15% stake doesn’t ensure anything like that. It’s a public company, there are rules and laws with people watching for improper influence.

The installment of a Nexon employee, a monetization director at that, into a prime development position at ArenaNet, at the same time as the shares buyout from NCsoft…
The immediate changes to extant item accumulation systems such as dyes, to facilitate multiple re-acquisitions across an account, the cost of which is quite evidently increasing…
The blatant, and judging by the sheer volume of people actively playing the game who report the same effect, quite evident reduction of returns for input…
The proven increase in price and worth of gems, and introduction of new tiers of items requiring large quantities of the items that have dried up significantly from appearances in the open world loot tables…
Does that make it require a large tinfoil hat, or a really small one. I can never figure out which size is more apt.

puffintoast.6501

Oh dear, I completely forgot to mention the chests and the keys.
How on earth did that escape my attention? You should go have a lookit at the Maple Story cash shop. It will feel quite familiar…

phaneo.4597

Any idea if they have AMA any sooner? Somebody might actually bring this whole thread to their attention. Not that they’d respond or do something, but it’d be bringing this issue to their notice face-to-face.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

puffintoast.6501

Any idea if they have AMA any sooner? Somebody might actually bring this whole thread to their attention. Not that they’d respond or do something, but it’d be bringing this issue to their notice face-to-face.

The issue was brought up at the last AMA with Chris, ignored, at the last dodged, and hence perpetuates. Lamentably.

Leamas.5803

Something that irks me about the whole situation is that this is nominated for Game of the Year and has a good chance of winning. A few weeks ago, I might have agreed…now, not a chance. I’ve updated the required components for Skyrim, last year’s GotY…a game that actually deserved the title, and as I write this, I’m downloading the expansions and HD pack and will move to that tomorrow…after it spends 8 hours downloading over my crappy connection.

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Ahhh Skyrim… Great great game that.

I’d even recommend Far Cry 3 if you like a good single player open world RPG from a 1st person view. It’s no Skyrim, but still fun.