Change in loot parameters or a bug? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

Guild Wars 2, The most unrewarding mmo I have played to date and I hate saying that since I like some things about the game but it is the truth.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Oh, I just found another old thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/New-PvE-champion-loot-rate/first#post763692 (created 27 days ago!! ~18th Nov)

Just to show that the burgnerffixbug was noticed nearly immediately after the patch hit..

And speaking about fun and reward I posted something which is also very true here:

“We need to be rewarded:
- with fun
- with playable and enjoyable content
- with loot
- sometimes with a bigger “end reward”

It’s like bread and circuses, you need to keep us entertained, motivated and happy.
In return you will get more money from us, sometimes it is so easy."

I am not into their business model. Cannot understand that they pay for someone who is responsible for leading in such a wrong direction.

Yeah, but maybe they get enough money anyway. Who knows..

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

So I got infracted and my post was deleted in other topic because I said

“that anet is doing stealth nerfs not stated in patch notes such as jump (fixed) and world drop nerf”

with moderator note: Making posts containing false or misleading information is couterproductive to good posting practices and is against our Code of Conduct. Please refrain from posting falsehoods on this forum.

yeah right that’s why we have 20 paged long topic here …

I am so kittening sad that I spent so much money on this game and now seeing it’s go same way as SWTOR.

(edited by Riel.2160)

Navi.7142

Well, what exactly is false or misleading?
- that it comes from anet?
- that it is a stealth nerf?
- that it is not stated in the patch notes?
- that there is a world drop nerf?
- every single word you wrote in that sentence?

Would be a lot easier for us players to know what exactly we’ve done wrong.
And however, if they only would communicate once to us about that massive bug/ nerf/ issue we would not have to speculate….

:-(

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Why why why why why why it has come to this?
I remember the days I couldn’t get sleep because there was a beta weekend coming.
On release day same thing, and the days after it. SUCH AN EXCITEMENT!
I did’t have that much thrill since I played my first mmorpg (MU Online) back in 2003!
And now all this is ruined because of this. I really don’t want to quit. I frikin` love this game and I don’t want to stop playing it. Anet give me back my thrill!

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: puffintoast.6501

puffintoast.6501

…I remember the days I couldn’t get sleep because there was a beta weekend coming.
On release day same thing, and the days after it. SUCH AN EXCITEMENT!

I feel exactly the same, Etien. I will never forget the culmination of all those years of waiting.
Never even once did I see this coming. And there I was thinking that I was over-cynical enough to avoid such a crestfallen situation as this.

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I found this interesting somewhat: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/248054-introduction-to-the-live-response-team-and-the-bug-fixing-process/

So the more we bugreport it, the bigger chance of them fixing it.. hopefully.

If you followed that post from the start you`d knew they gradually delete all comments that complain of drop rate. Mine got deleted too. Not much hope here.

I was talking about bugreporting it in-game.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Dark Jackson.3417

Dark Jackson.3417

So, in general they dropped the rate for rare loot to stop botting , but also stopping every real players from getting rare loot.. I’m not gonna say it doesn’t drop anymore event with 150%+ magic find it’s like a yellow at the hour ( from world farm ). I think that new DR system as Diminushed the chance from players to seriously Return back in game. Every minute in the world wide map seem like a waste of time.

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

Killing two birds with one stone. Accomplish getting rid of the bots, and force people to use the gem store with real money at the same time. And people are dumb enough to buy into it. Currently, it is faster to just sell random stuff and buy the things off TP than to farm them. We have hyper-inflation due to that, and anet is banking from that. Nothing will change unless people stop being sheeps.

Blackwolfe.5649

Except that buying from the tp is getting more and more expensive, due bad drops.

Game over

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Except that buying from the tp is getting more and more expensive, due bad drops.

The trading post has gotten stupid!!!! If one purchased all the required materials (Well those that are purchasable) rather than spending months farming, what would Sunrise cost in real world to make with the current price of things…$1000+perhaps Dawn alone was 510 gold last time I checked… which is roughly $510 since money to gold is nearly at 1:1. How long would it take for an average player to collect 1000 gold in game? I’m not talking about the single 20ish somethings who are content to spend every waking moment playing the game, grinding the same events over and over again, I’m talking about the majority of us who also have real lives to live. Months and months, perhaps over a year or longer. Considering I average less than a gold a day, quite often substantially less, with the current drop rates, I will never be able build a legendary. Cost/drop-rate/time simply won’t allow for it. Before the drop nerf, one could get a legendary with a fair bit of work, however, getting the required stuff is so expensive/difficult that a legendary is essentially impossible for most of us. I had when games put in impossible tasks.

Anyone know if mystic clover return rate has also been nerfed?

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Like many here, I hate the current loot system. It is the grindiest I’ve ever seen. To claim this game is grind free is an absolute joke and an insult to our intelligence.

It feels too much like they’re trying to push people to buy gems. It’s either that or grind your a55 off. The economy and TP are a mess. I just want to play the game normally, like I was lead to believe I could pre-release.

If ANet are trying to turn me off their game, they’re doing a stellar job! I’m on my last legs.

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

The trading post has gotten stupid!!!! If one purchased all the required materials (Well those that are purchasable) rather than spending months farming, what would Sunrise cost in real world to make with the current price of things…$1000+perhaps Dawn alone was 510 gold last time I checked… which is roughly $510 since money to gold is nearly at 1:1. How long would it take for an average player to collect 1000 gold in game? I’m not talking about the single 20ish somethings who are content to spend every waking moment playing the game, grinding the same events over and over again, I’m talking about the majority of us who also have real lives to live. Months and months, perhaps over a year or longer. Considering I average less than a gold a day, quite often substantially less, with the current drop rates, I will never be able build a legendary. Cost/drop-rate/time simply won’t allow for it. Before the drop nerf, one could get a legendary with a fair bit of work, however, getting the required stuff is so expensive/difficult that a legendary is essentially impossible for most of us. I had when games put in impossible tasks.

Anyone know if mystic clover return rate has also been nerfed?

welcome to the MMO, where you need to ruin your real life to be successful in in-game life. GW2 tried to change that, but look at where its starting to head. In order for a company to be successful, it requires its customers to sacrifice their lives. They found a formula to get more people to buy stuff with real money, and they will not give it up. Mark my words.

As an old saying goes, “Nothing is scarier than free”

(edited by Asumita.2174)

Navi.7142

Isn’t it hurting themselves seeing how many legit players are suffering?
I can’t believe that there is not one at anet that feels bad/ sad about what they’ve (intentionally or accidentally) done.

We just want to be treated in a fairly and honestly way. That’s all I want for christmas. Now you know it.
Enjoy your christmas nevertheless, I’ll try to do it anyway.
Eventually you might decide starting a conversation with us is at least what we deserve.

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Doubt it’s hurting them that much, given that it’s been a month now and we’ve got no response whatsoever I’m willing to believe lots of people still give them real life money.. What a shame, with every passing day I’m becoming dissatisfied with all of this. I even consider starting to play WoW again. (yeah I said it) :/

Blackwolfe.5649

Doubt it’s hurting them that much, given that it’s been a month now and we’ve got no response whatsoever I’m willing to believe lots of people still give them real life money.. What a shame, with every passing day I’m becoming dissatisfied with all of this. I even consider starting to play WoW again. (yeah I said it) :/

Not only them, but also goldsellers. And since its not uncommon for goldsellers to have earned their gold through hacking/stealing accounts.. well..

Arenanet, are you aware that you are indirectly promoting account hacks/thefts/botting?

Game over

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

Not only them, but also goldsellers. And since its not uncommon for goldsellers to have earned their gold through hacking/stealing accounts.. well..

Arenanet, are you aware that you are indirectly promoting account hacks/thefts/botting?

I must post 1 just 1 more thing.
Anet did very good with bots / account hacks or even account / gold sellers …
I just looked over black market and gw 2 accounts are totally worthless
people are selling GW 2 accounts from 10 to 100 euro
those 100 euro accounts include all bank and bag upgrades with full exo and at least 2x lvl 80

that means people are selling gw 2 accounts like hot cakes (lots of people leaving and trying to get at least few $ back)
just GW 1 with 50/50 hom was going for 300 – 500 $ only few days before release

in my opinion low selling like this show quality of game …

I do not support botting / selling golds / accounts this numbers are just pure observation of current market I will not provide any links or anything at all. ^^

gilosean> yes their are … when people are sick of game and can’t get refund they will sell their accounts if they got chance …
in mmo this is common as selling used console games this is also one of the reasons why blizzard is using battlenet and real ID to link all of your games together so you can’t sell wow or diablo account without loosing all your games and other person playing on your name.

please be sure that these are not those gold site you see spamming in LA but community forums where at least half of people are new or old players that want already account without grinding or want to sell account because they are bored with game. but as you said they are many hackers and botters too.

(edited by Riel.2160)

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

IMO, it shows that a lot of botters and hackers are trying to make a quick buck while they can, leaving their customers to deal with bans and support. Normal people don’t try to sell MMO accounts on the black market.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Isn’t it hurting themselves seeing how many legit players are suffering?

That’s what people said about the new gear treadmill, and look how that turned out. Maybe they managed to get a large enough population to be able to loose fringe groups like HP purists, loot addicts and people that actually took the marketing/manifesto seriously.

Scaling the loot in certain areas is actually a pretty ingenious way of controlling player density organically without having to merge servers. They have tools to analyze player density for every single area in the game and seem pretty positive with the frequency they are rolling out new content. Maybe you/we are just a minority amongst many many more players ANet attracted unintentionally and is now trying to satisfy.

If you had the choice to stay true to your original vision and just make enough money to cover the bills, or stumble upon the possibility to make 20 times as much by altering the game in a few key mechanics that would satisfy waaaay more customers than it would upset, what would you do?

Maybe the former loot rate was just a little thank-you to players who’ve supported them in the beginning, sort of like limited time extreme magic find booster, and this is how they actually wanted the loot table to be like. They said they thought people got their legendaries too quickly, so nerfing the loot table across the board to make it take longer is actually a pretty logical solution. The scarcer loot is for everybody, the more valuable it is obviously. The market is destabilized for the moment, but they probably thought it was a price worth paying. After all:

The longer your journey to the legendary is, the longer you are feeling you’re working towards something useful, especially once ascended weapons roll out and legendaries get upgraded. Can you imagine the pride you’d be feeling after being done working for a weapon for 2 years? It’d be out of this world.

Navi.7142

Sounds logical in many points.

I personally don’t care for legendaries, I cannot afford one and I never will. I am not interested in working for one.
I don’t want to play the TP, I want to play the game!
I want to enjoy pve content with all my characters in appropriate armor (from loot, dungeons, karma, whatever..). I want to have the chance to make enough ingame gold to afford me some exotic armor pieces in case they won’t drop for me.
That worked quite good (but not perfect!) until the 15th November patch came.
Now it’s a lot more difficult to achieve that.

Yeah, it is focussed on me, me, me, but I experienced that some other players have similar opinions.

ASB.4295

Yeah, it is focussed on me, me, me, but I experienced that some other players have similar opinions.

That’s perfectly fine, and nobody’s going to argue that you as a customer shouldn’t be prioritizing your own preferences. My post was not intended as a rebuttal of someone’s opinion, but meant to speculate what all of these changes(gear/loot/funneling) are affecting the players, the game, assuming all of their action were intended and thought trough. I don’t think a 300 man company can allow themselves to make uninformed decisions, which is why I think it’s more likely to assume everything’s just going according to plan.

Blackwolfe.5649

IF the change is intended, where is that transparency they have talked so much about. Unless of course their idea of transparency is a one way mirror.

All it takes is for them to say “Yes, this is intended” or “No, this is not intended”. Unless they are dumb, deaf and blind, they should inform us, and soon!

Game over

Navi.7142

Yeah, I made that conclusion a few days ago (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Experience-nerf/first#post970289). ^^

I would not have a major problem with the fact that they have intentionally reduced it, but I have a problem with the lack of communication, transparency and honesty.

Maybe it would be unpleasant for them and they don’t want to kick off a discussion about that, but there is already one existing.. How worse can it get when they decide to be honest and transparent to their customers?
It could also be the first step to restore our confidence in them.
Ignoring is no option! Never.

However, I truly hope there will be a change which will make the players happy again.

EDIT: Blackwolfe, I agree.

ASB.4295

All it takes is for them to say “Yes, this is intended” or “No, this is not intended”. Unless they are dumb, deaf and blind, they should inform us, and soon!

Rarely does a company that size choose to talk openly if they know they cannot give their statement enough of a PR spin to generate a positive vibe from it, and with the outcry they generated with Ascended armor and the whole Lost Shores event, I think they just don’t want to risk another image hit. In short: Nothing they could tell you right now would make you any happier, so they rather not say anything.

Another indication of this being intentional is that this thread here has been allowed to stay in the general discussion forum, which usually only allows for discussions of game features that are part of the game.

(edited by ASB.4295)

Blackwolfe.5649

Well, if they came and said it was a bug and that they are working on a fix for it, alot of people would be happy knowing that it was going to be fixed. Of course it it wasnt a bug and was intended, it would make alot of people unhappy but at least they would be honest.

Game over

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Has anyone see anything regarding the loot drops? Has it changed at all since last patch? Because if the drops have returned to normal then there won’t be anymore need for questions.

My guess would be no considering the long silence, and considering this.

You see I posted a very nicely worded request for information regarding whether or not this was the team responsible for investigating the loot drop issues (which were promised in the AMA questioning albeit a last minute unscheduled question, but a very important one none the less, and one that was answered with the notion that they would immediately begin an investigation) or if they were responsible for the problem by implementing a fix to the loot drop rate that somehow went wrong. It was in no way condescending and I even mentioned how the community felt it was a question that needed an answer because already people had begun to put together their own theories as to why this hasn’t been given a #1 priority and why we haven’t heard a word since the AMA.

I was in no way demanding, in no way condescending, I was polite and was sure someone would come along and at least pm me with a response like “we’re working on the problem please be patient”.

The thread was shut down…..

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Logged in for less than an hour, defended the gates of Arah , got lots of greens and two rare weapons (salvaged for three ectos) then killed sparks for about ten minutes got a charged lodestone. Just adding my experience.

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

@Riel, I’m sorry to see you leaving the game but I understand how frustrating it could be when you don’t get rewarded for playing. I didn’t farm any area in days for loots, just given up until Anet or lots of players confirm that drops have improved at some point.
Also I apologize if I came off a bit rude a few days back when you replied to me. I’m not sure if you’d come back to this forum and read this after leaving the game, but just wanted to get it off my chest.
Thanks!

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Logged in for less than an hour, defended the gates of Arah , got lots of greens and two rare weapons (salvaged for three ectos) then killed sparks for about ten minutes got a charged lodestone. Just adding my experience.

I hate you.

I decided to try and farm sparks in Malchors yesterday for 2 hours.

Guess what I got?

Jack kitten

Posted by: Noth.5073

Noth.5073

Spent 6 hours farming for corrupted lodestones, got none and very few t6 mats. I did get a single rare. During those 6 hours I also did Jormag and got zero rares from that. That’s my experience.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I’ve been shut out before at the sparks, more than once, really sucks. But these last two days I have gotten a lodestone quickly, luck is luck I guess.

tigirius.9014

Guys, and gals, read my post here

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Loot-Drop-Rate-Bug/979694

Support say that reporting the issue using the ingame bug reporting system it is the best way to get the issue escalated. But we need everyone to report it, not just one or 2 of us. So play in your favorate loot areas, and when you think you got enough to show its not working properly report it. This system give alot more deatail than we can supply on the forums.

I am hoping support will help bring it to the attention of the developers as well as I stated that we had already been using the forums, as they suggested, with no response, and was concerned the right people were not seeing it.

Unfortunately after all this time has passed, I just see this as an atempt to shuffle us off in another direction, trying to divert our attention toward another fishing expedition hoping against hope we will eventually get a bite (official response).

1) We opened this thread here in Anet’s official forum and have gotten not one reply.

2) We opened a thread in the Bug forum – it got moved to Technical issues. I mean, really?

3) We asked in the AMA – it was “dodged” until the last minute – No follow up was forthcoming but at least we knew THEY knew it was an issue, perceived or not.

4) We continued to post feedback in this thread, begging for some acknowledgement.

5) Another thread was opened in the Bug report forum.

And now.. now.. we are supposed to take it to ingame support? If the steps above didn’t get it the “right people”, especially the AMA, there is a serous disconnect going on somewhere.

I have high hopes the patch which brings us the Winter Event will have hidden in it somewhere, the fix for this loot nerf.

That’s the thing with me, I took it to game support they said:

“we’re sorry you are having bad luck, hope to see you in game”

uhm it ceases to be bad luck when thousands of players are experiencing it.

tigirius.9014

was this before or after the server reset? because i have noticed when they reset or restart servers for patches suddenly i get good drops until the game comes to it’s senses and says “oh wait you’re not supposed to have that anymore” that’s the only time I receive anything.

Navi.7142

They said you have bad luck????

Did you send them links to the threads here?

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Bumping the thread with hopes of some response. Honestly its getting horrifyingly ridiculous now!

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

I think “bad luck” in this instance actually means “You obviously aren’t buying enough gems if you don’t have all the gold you want. Buy more gems and just convert it to gold, why do you even want to play the game in order to get rewards, that’s boring.”

Posted by: Bean.1247

Bean.1247

The fact that no one has deemed it necessary to respond to this thread makes me very sad indeed, One of the main ways to keep people happy is good communication with your customers.
Happy customers buy more and stay loyal in the long run and this thread is not full of happy customers, Even a post to say they have looked into it and it is working as intended would be preferable to silence and the speculation that follows.
At this moment I have decided to not support the game via gem purchases until such time as this thread actually gets a reply.
Watching and waiting but I shall not hold my breath !

Sleep is a sign of caffeine deprivation !

Blackwolfe.5649

I think “bad luck” in this instance actually means “You obviously aren’t buying enough gems if you don’t have all the gold you want. Buy more gems and just convert it to gold, why do you even want to play the game in order to get rewards, that’s boring.”

Im thinking support really doesnt have a single clue about this issue… or.. are told not to say anything about the issue other than “sorry, bad luck, we dont care.”

Game over

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

They said the newly created Live Response Team reads the forums to identify issues and solve them (under 3. in the following post):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Introduction-to-the-Live-Response-Team-and-the-Bug-Fixing-Process

I wonder why we have no reply…

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

(edited by RedBaron.6058)

Posted by: Superdob.4150

Superdob.4150

I think we’ve worked out it isnt a bug, its fully intentional and they have no plans to fix or adjust the drop rates.

I stopped playing/grinding almost a week ago, still no anet reply so i dont expect ill be playing anytime soon

Cracking feedback and customer services i must say

Posted by: TurboChaosX.7124

TurboChaosX.7124

I myself find it irritating that after popping 50% magic find, 18% magic find, and having armor that gives me 20% magic find, I come across almost nothing in loot, a few bones if im lucky.

Then theres my friend who gets NOTHING… just nothing. I dont get it either. He has the same chance as me to find magic items, yet a blue is a rare profit for him, which doesnt help when your tryng to make some money for a legendary item(same as me, except Ive had better luck).

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

What would suck is if there is some kind of account-wide DR that limits your loot for the entire month.

People who don’t play often in that case would get their drops like candy, but for players who spend several hours a day in game, their loot would be few and far between.

I could see this happening. I could even see some logic behind it, except that players are unhappy when their loot dries up, and unhappy players don’t keep playing.

Also, it won’t slow gold farmers down nearly as much as regular players since they steal and shuffle a lot of accounts.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

Please, there is no quicker way to get this thread locked that to start comparing Anet to any other MMO development company. So lets keep those types of comparisons out of this thread.

We have been able to vent and give feedback freely so far. Lets not get this locked so we can continue to do so.

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Please, there is no quicker way to get this thread locked that to start comparing Anet to any other MMO development company. So lets keep those types of comparisons out of this thread.

We have been able to vent and give feedback freely so far. Lets not get this locked so we can continue to do so.

The point in this thread has been made. Do you really believe that it being locked or not will make a difference or is it that they haven’t read it yet?

Lets be realistic. The point has been made

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

The point in this thread has been made. Do you really believe that it being locked or not will make a difference or is it that they haven’t read it yet?

The difference is we have a place to voice our thoughts. Will it make a difference? At this point, maybe not. However, as long as this stays active and does not get closed due to our own actions, it remains in Anet’s hands to address us or to pointedly ignore us.

Ath.2531

The difference is we have a place to voice our thoughts. Will it make a difference? At this point, maybe not. However, as long as this stays active and does not get closed due to our own actions, it remains in Anet’s hands to address us or to pointedly ignore us.

Anet has already responded to this matter. The answer is Silence, which its self implies a certain approach to how they want to proceed with the community as a whole.

This is no different than being friendzoned and waiting in agony for months to know whether that chick like you or not. Well guess what, she probably doesnt, and as things have it, Anet will neither rebuff loot, nor be more transparent as things move on.

Piken Square, EU

tigirius.9014

I think we’ve worked out it isnt a bug, its fully intentional and they have no plans to fix or adjust the drop rates.

I stopped playing/grinding almost a week ago, still no anet reply so i dont expect ill be playing anytime soon

Cracking feedback and customer services i must say

I won’t be logging back either until this is fixed, I’ve actually started looking at the game I used to play instead one of which is the elephant in the room. And tho it pains me to do so, at least I’ll get rewarded for my game time if I do log over there.

It’s really sad that they are alienating their community this way. It’s not right. And I for one refuse to waste my time, time is precious even to gamers.

Ath.2531

I’ve mentioned this a couple of times: The point has been made. Let the thread die. It’s of no use keeping it on life support.

Piken Square, EU

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

I’d rather see this problem addressed than holiday content.

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

I’ve mentioned this a couple of times: The point has been made. Let the thread die. It’s of no use keeping it on life support.

I for one, would like the game I paid for back.

I’m not going to stop replying to this thread until they either say “Haha losers, it’s intentional, buy more gems” or admit it’s a bug and fix it. I really like GW2 and it would be a shame to file it away because they are so intent on destroying any modicum of fun in the game.