Dolyak Express Jan 10, 2014

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

We are so excited to officially launch our Dolyak Express Community initiative! If you’re not familiar with the Dolyak Express, you can read the original post about it called Many Questions, So Dev. For the first batch of questions, the Community Team searched all four language forums for a variety of great questions. You can see the follow up with answers here!

In the future, we may pick questions again from our forums, but for most Dolyak Express Q&As, we’ll open them up to specific topics. We’re now opening up a thread for questions and here’s your topic: Lore of Tyria!

Please refer back to the Many Questions, So Dev post for guidelines on asking your questions.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Lore

I would like the current living story stuff to be replay able in game, and for things that are written, such as short stories, to be brought into the game where we could experience it while immersed (like the mariner plaques).

Is there any intention on doing this sort of thing?

Also: Edit due to people saying I should, haha:
Why don’t we see risen dredge or skritt? Do they have immunity?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

Posted by: Zale.9645

Zale.9645

Well I, for one, would like to know about the human gods and why they really left Tyria. Where are they?
Do they know about the dragons?
Are they afraid of the dragons?
What are they doing now?

During the personal story it’s implied Grenth knew about Zhaitan and was not too happy.

Attachments:

I will never play WvW until Map Completion there is removed.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

What exactly is happening at the Wizard’s Tower at Wizard’s Fief? It has been suggested that the wizard is providing elementals to the town but…why? Is there something nefarious happening here? Is he evil?

Is this Scarlet’s home of operations?

I’m just curious because in the grand lore scheme of Tyria, here we have this recluse with magical powers acting rather wierd. Would like some background on this

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Lore Question:

With the loss of Glint and the specialization of Air magic came the Zephyrites.
Is there any possibility that players will encounter other Elementalists with specialization towards Arcana, Water, Earth, or Fire?

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Zale.9645

Zale.9645

What exactly is happening at the Wizard’s Tower at Wizard’s Fief? It has been suggested that the wizard is providing elementals to the town but…why? Is there something nefarious happening here? Is he evil?

Is this Scarlet’s home of operations?

I’m just curious because in the grand lore scheme of Tyria, here we have this recluse with magical powers acting rather wierd. Would like some background on this

That is another thing. So many years, two games, and yet no answers.

Mystery is a good thing, but I think the tower’s has existed for long enough. Time to explore.

I will never play WvW until Map Completion there is removed.

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Here is an great questionnaire and extensive reply by a developer on quite a few lore questions that rose during the Living Story:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1usdvw/unanswered_ls_questions/cel8hpa

I’m hoping the reply will be expanded and be made more known to general community.

(edited by Freeelancer.2860)

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

Could we see The Great Destroyer again (new one). The news of maybe seeing primordus got me searching on the Wiki for more information. I dug up this little part

Supposedly, the true name of the Great Destroyer would be revealed when the two clashed once more. If the true name of the Great Destroyer was ever read, then the Great Destroyer would rise again and end the known world.

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Kormir ascended and was able to become a god. Would Scarlet able to become an Elder Dragon by collecting enough magic to start a kind of metamorphosis?

What will happen if we kill all Elder Dragons? Will this destroy the balance of magic in Tyria?

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Oh, geez… there’s so much to get into here. Danicia, are we allowed to ask multiple questions in a single post, or do we have to settle on one?

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Oh, geez… there’s so much to get into here. Danicia, are we allowed to ask multiple questions in a single post, or do we have to settle on one?

I’d say you can do more than one, as long as they are easy to read. As example

Here’s my question #1

Here’s my question #2

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Thanks!

Question 1: Can you answer any questions left by the loose ends of Guild Wars Beyond? What happened to Evennia, for instance, or who hired Zinn to assassinate human leaders.

Question 2: Why are the Ascalonian ghosts scattered across the kingdom? Were there humans there when the Foefire went off, or did they move outwards sometime after?

Question 3: What happened to the Forgotten in the Crystal Desert?

Question 4: Are Tequatl and the Claw corrupted dragons or created champions? Are there uncorrupted dragons out there?

Question 5: Do ogres have religious beliefs?

Gonna stop myself there. Sorry if this got to be too long!

EDIT: Ok, two more. Sorry!

Question 6: What were the ruins at Mudbay Digs in Kessex Hills?

Question 7: Why was the statue of Grenth at Reaper’s Gate replaced with the ‘new’ style one?

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Here’s my question #1
Do you have any plans to use the seer race in any upcoming living story updates or future personal stories or are they pretty much extinct as a race?

Here’s my question #2
Are Arachnia and other such creatures likely to make any type of return (are they dead, or did they ever truly exist in the Guild Wars universe)?

Here’s my question #3 (4,5)
What’s going on in the Valley of Gwaun are Ascolonian ghosts guarding it, did they die there, does it have anything to do with Lord Odran?

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

(edited by Infamous Darkness.3284)

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

Question 1: What has Livia been up to since Sea of Sorrows?

Question 2: What happened to the Scepter of Orr since Livia had it?

Question 3: What happened to Lazarus the Dire after he was defeated? Where did he go? Do the Mursaat, what little remain if any, have any influence on the modern GW2 White Mantle?

Question 4: What was the beef between the Mursaat & the Seers? What started that war between them?

Question 5: What happened to the Glint statue in Droknar’s Forge? There’s no real remnants that I could find in the sunken area – did it just get destroyed naturally in the sinking?

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Posted by: Rhaegus.8924

Rhaegus.8924

Question #1

A quality of life question in WvW. Whenever a partymember goes offline but doesn’t leave your party, you’re stuck with him, as the option to kick him from your party is not available. The only way to invite othe guildmembers/players to your party is to completely reform…every time.
This also applies on a wider scale. Being a officer in a WvW guild, me and the other leaders and officers are often in WvW. However, as soon as we enter WvW we loose the ability to manage guild for some reason. We can’t kick/demote/promote guildmembers, and we can’t use fast rightclicks like whisper/invite/ etc…

Is there any ETA on when this bug, that has been reported for ver a year now, will get fixed?

TY

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Question #1

A quality of life question in WvW. Whenever a partymember goes offline but doesn’t leave your party, you’re stuck with him, as the option to kick him from your party is not available. The only way to invite othe guildmembers/players to your party is to completely reform…every time.
This also applies on a wider scale. Being a officer in a WvW guild, me and the other leaders and officers are often in WvW. However, as soon as we enter WvW we loose the ability to manage guild for some reason. We can’t kick/demote/promote guildmembers, and we can’t use fast rightclicks like whisper/invite/ etc…

Is there any ETA on when this bug, that has been reported for ver a year now, will get fixed?

TY

Read the post man, lore questions only.

Posted by: Sir K E V.1027

Sir K E V.1027

Question 1: Will we ever see content based around the 6 gods?

I’m just going to throw this video in here for kicks and giggles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rfd1MKzyjk

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Question: Can you tell us something new about the lore of the Largos? not many has been said about them (please, don’t troll me with something like “they eat chicken” haha).

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: erroch.8061

erroch.8061

Lore question: Have the pact or racial groups done any research about the thumpers that have shown up in their back yards. Will we get any more pact specific lore (quest driven perhaps) to go along with the living story, or is our membership in the vigil, priory, etc. more or less done and over at this point?

Dominik Tibor – Detonating Multiple Personalities
Talaat – Clueless Guardian.
I should be sleeping [Zzzz]

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

Not just the lore about Largos! Tengu too.
As said in wiki the tengu were a strong candidate as a playable race, so can u tell us the Story of them? Why is the bazaar of four winds related to their government?

And when we will see the zephyrites back ingame? i wanna learn more of them.

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

Balancing

Ranger
There are a lot of player who think that the ranger class need some buffs.
In order to work on this issue, we’re try to gather suggestions to rework some weapons of the ranger.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/The-Weapon-Suggestion-Thread/

However many players think, since there where hundreds of those threats before, which had minimal impact on the development, that the devs wont listen to their suggestions.

My questions are now:
Is the ranger incomplete in his effectiveness or would you say, that the ranger with all his weapons and skills is at a good spot right now.
If the ranger still need some buffs, would it help if we gather suggestions, to improve the gameplay of the ranger?

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

(edited by xXxOrcaxXx.9328)

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Oh hohoho, can o’ wurms, opened.

• Question 1: What happened to the Forgotten? Specifically, why were they not around in the Crystal Desert when Glint fought Kralkatorrik? It seems possible though hard to believe they were all killed during Prophecies…
  • Question 2: The Isles of Janthir on the GW2 map are to the north of Kryta, however in GW1 Mantle Knight Franklan states that Saul went south to Janthir to retrieve the Eye of Janthir… Why the discrepancy?
  • Question 3: In War in Kryta a seer was seen on a table in Zinn and Blimm’s lab. It has been wondered for a long time: Was that seer living or dead? A volunteer or captive?
  • Question 4: On the calendar: why add those five days? Why is there a need to sync up the calendars? And doesn’t the fact that Wintersday is Tyria’s new year, but the year starts with the first of Spring (the Spring Equinox) ruin the syncing anyways as our Spring Equinox is March 20th (for northern hemisphere) anyways? Furthermore, how did these five days come to be, as such a large amount of time would have been easily noted within a decade and would encorporate a full year give or take by the time Tyria went from GW1’s timeframe to GW2’s? I know it’s three questions as one but same topic. And a highly controversial one.
  • Question 5: How did the charr, whom were practically primitive at the time, decimate a prepared Orrian nation when said Orrians were powerful magic users? See: Prophecies manual entry on Orr and Orrian History Scrolls It just seems unlikely that a kingdom of strong magic users would fall so easily to the charr after the charr forced marched to Orr through Ascalon.
  • Question 6: Where in the Unending Ocean are the largos, karka, krait, quaggan, and DSD from/at? In relation to each other and to the three known continents/Battle Isles.
  • Question 7: How much of Thruln the Lost’s tales are true? Was there truly an Age of Giants which had both jotun and norn ruling? Did the jotun truly once worship the Six Gods and have their magic taken from them?
  • Question 8: What happened to Magdaer after the Ascalonian Catacombs story mode? Eir said she’d take it to a blacksmith she knew but we’ve heard nothing of it since and Logan, who was going to get it, has not wielded it.
  • Question 9: Back to Largos: why do they appear so humanoid despite being deep sea creatures (such a body shape would not be naturally beneficial to underwater life and their movements are akin to that of humans or sylvari when underwater)? And why do they have similar names to Orrians/why does Sayeh know the Orrian language so well (as seen in Temple of the Forgotten God personal story step)? Could the largos have once been human Orrians?
  • Question 10: Those ‘thumpers’ are likely tied to Scarlet, almost confirmed at this point. Why is one outside the Chantry of Secrets and have they done anything about it (investigate, etc.)?
  • Final Question: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen tengu?

I’ll force myself to stop there, otherwise I’d never finish asking questions.

Why is the bazaar of four winds related to their government?

The Bazaar of the Four Winds is not related to the tengu. The Tengu’s cultures assimilated into four main groups, calling the groups “Houses” – these Houses were named after the four directions of the compass (North, South, East, West) though the tengu who mentions it calls it the “four winds”.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Hello,
Question 1 Related to Personal Story:
Few weeks ago i made this post https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Am-i-the-only-one-that-hasn-t-finished-PS/, the majority of people in this post claiming they didn`t even bother with finishing personal story, is widely known that PS in Gw2 is bad delivered and people lose interest on it very soon, what are you doing to address this problem? I believe PS in a MMO is a very important feature that has to be good to keep the player interested both in lore and in the game.
Thanks a lot for giving me the opportunity to ask this question directly to you.

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: Baktwerel.9108

Baktwerel.9108

Oh nice, here are some of my random questions (please bear with me) :

Question 1 : Is there a reason lore wise as to why rangers of the playable races can’t tame Raptors, Griffons and Skelks? Raptors and Griffons are already tamed by Ogres and some Charr have successfully tamed Skelks in Nemus Groves (Diessa Plateau). Surely there is a reason for this!

Question 2 : Glorious Tengus. I’ve seen the rumors that they were originally meant to be playable too but were scratched in the last minutes. Can we get some delicious lore on them? What is life behind their walls like? The females are larger and probably physically stronger too but do they also have a more significant role in their society? What can we know about their houses of the winds? Can we expect them to become playable in the near or far future?

Question 3 : I love your books (Ghosts of Ascalon, Edge of Destiny, Sea of Sorrows) and I was wondering you ever planned to make machinima style movies out of them, using the in game models and graphics at high definition? Of course the expressions, movements and armors (like the ones Destiny’s Edge members wore initially before they got their signature T3 cultural armors) wouldn’t have to be tied to the game’s options. I value books over movies but for the first time I thought to myself, I’d really love to watch these books as movies. Or is this a silly/impossible idea? What are your thoughts about this? Alternately a more mature styled anime (as in not with big sparkly eyes etc.)?

Question 4 : I just remembered from the raptors how GW used to have all sorts of dinosaur-esque monsters even right outside Rata Sum. Are those still around just out of our reach? Have they gone through some physical changes? Will we see them again in GW2? I would sure love to!

Question 5: The book timelines mention that the Gargoyles dissapeared mysteriously without a trace. Such a thing doesn’t happen any day, is there a reason why they dissapeared and how? As in, what happened to them?

Thank you for reading my questions! Keep up the awesome job!

Posted by: Tiborb.1453

Tiborb.1453

Question #1: Glint was the champion of Kralkatorrik. Was Kuunavang a champion too?
Question #2: When we will see Magdaer repaired?
Question #3: Will we ever see Malyck again? Will he have a role in the future?
Question #4: Where are the 3 missing firstborn?

[LOCK] The Closed Society – Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

What happened to Evennia??

Posted by: Xomic.5792

Xomic.5792

1. Do other, non-human races have holidays? Is there any chance that in the future we’ll see them represented with living story events in game?

2. Is there any backstory or lore related to the legendary weapons?

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

Oooh yes!

• Question 1: Will the Great Collapse plot be expanded upon/explained at some point? What really happened there, if anything, other than what we’re told it was? With the Queen’s Jubilee patch, there was a grand total of nothing covered about it. I would’ve expected an act by Riot Alice, at least, considering what is told to us in that branch of the Personal Story and all the mystery, rumors & apparent cover-up by the Shining Blade.
  • Question 2: A tour guide in Divinity’s Reach mentions a “Grand Wizard Garren”; whom designed the gardens at the palace. Could this possibly be a connection to Isgarren and the floating castle? Will this plot be expanded upon? Lore fans have been craving for it since Guild Wars.
  • Question 3: Doern Velasquez is heavily implied not to be tyrian, canthan nor elonian, is there anything you can tell us about this?
  • Question 4: Is there a relation between the stone heads around Wychmire Swamp and the colossus we meet at the Cliffside Fractal? In either case, what’re they related to? Is there a connection to either of the above and the collosal stone heads found in select places of Ascalon/Shiverpeaks, such as God’s Skull in Fireheart Rise?
  • Question 5: Have the Inquest already achieved acquiring the knowledge regarding the Mursaat magic to phase-out, or did we prevent them from doing so in Arah by stopping Operative Brie?
  • Question 6: Can Elder Dragons corrupt a minion from another Elder Dragon or “recruit” them? In Crucibly of Eternity we meet Subject Alpha, whom has several corruptions mixed into himself, but is it possible for Elder Dragons to do this naturally?
  • Question 7: What happened to Randall Greystone? Did he truly find the gods, wherever they are or did he lose his mind? He became transparent with a tint of red – like a ghost, but ghosts are white or blue (in GW2).
  • Question 8: With the update on Southsun this past year, we got new -disturbing- items that don’t seem to be related to the Karka, yet new “tentacles” that appear to be from the same nature, appeared at the hive. Is there a significance to this?
  • Question 9: This one is for Colin, if possible:

Cantha?

(edited by Eluveitie.1290)

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It was already said, somewhere, that ArenaNet will be implementing the legendary weapons’ backstory into the game in the near future. How near that future is I don’t know (or if the plan’s been scrapped) though.

• Question 4: Is there a relation between the stone heads around Wychmire Swamp and the colossus we meet at the Cliffside Fractal? In either case, what’re they related to?

To expand on this question: Is there a connection to either of the above and the collosal stone heads found in select places of Ascalon/Shiverpeaks, such as God’s Skull in Fireheart Rise?

• Question 7: Where is Randall Greystone? Did he truly find the gods, wherever they are or did he lose his mind?

FOr that matter, what happened to him? He became transparent with a tint of red – like a ghost, but ghosts are white or blue (in GW2).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Posted by: Bigtony.5089

Bigtony.5089

Lore :

Question 1 – Do you plan to do something like an ingame Codex, with unlockable lore information about creatures, places, npc , etc ? ( Mostly like the Galactic Archives from Wildstar… you could call it the Durmand Priory Codex ! ) ?

Question 2 – Lorewise, which race is better in blacksmitting ? I would say Norn, but Charr can do good weapon in a large amount.

Question 3 – Is there any chance to have a fractal where we will see a battle between the dragons minions and the first Alliance ( Dwarfs, Seers, Mursaats, Jotuns and Forgotten ? )

Ps : Sorry for bad english .

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

It was already said, somewhere, that ArenaNet will be implementing the legendary weapons’ backstory into the game in the near future. How near that future is I don’t know (or if the plan’s been scrapped) though.

• Question 4: Is there a relation between the stone heads around Wychmire Swamp and the colossus we meet at the Cliffside Fractal? In either case, what’re they related to?

To expand on this question: Is there a connection to either of the above and the collosal stone heads found in select places of Ascalon/Shiverpeaks, such as God’s Skull in Fireheart Rise?

• Question 7: Where is Randall Greystone? Did he truly find the gods, wherever they are or did he lose his mind?

FOr that matter, what happened to him? He became transparent with a tint of red – like a ghost, but ghosts are white or blue (in GW2).

Right! Completely forgot about the Ascalon/Shiverpeaks stone heads. Also, good point on Randall Greyston.

Updated my original post with your additions, just in case.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

q1: why do some people not recognize what a ‘lore’ thread is about
q2: is zhaitan really dead or will we see a re-incarnation? is there “dissension” among the elder dragons? why doesn’t kralketorik just do an enormous barrel roll in an attempt to kill all the surface dwelling inhabitants of tyria? is owl spirit ‘really’ dead?
q3: will living story and lore implementation slow down because as it currently stands it seems rushed, and about as intriguing as a scooby doo mystery? it’s a total back seat to event this, achievement chest that

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Yoh.8469

Yoh.8469

Can we ever expect to spend more time with Living Story characters outside of the Living Story? (Marjory Delaqua, Kasmeer Meade, Braham, Rox)
Such as joining Marjory for her morning coffee as she muses about a case involving the Skritt Burglar. ie, So we can learn more about there personality, background and history, etc.

(This is commentary to the above, not a question. I just notice that we really don’t get to spend any bloody time with the characters who are suppose to be important, and really learn anything about them. Where just expected to ‘know’ them.
And a story with poorly developed characters is a bad story.)

Posted by: Yulan.4069

Yulan.4069

I have never played the first Guild Wars, but I know a lot of people that have strong feelings about it’s lore. So my question is, what made you guys decide to try something new instead of following GW1’s course of events? How did you come up with two centuries of difference, the shift from a human-centric narrative, etc?

Also, thanks for reading and answering these questions! It’s awesome to have this kind of interaction with you

Ah, the Scepter of Orr. You have taken a risk to deliver this. Now I shall return the favor.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Question: Within the next two years will we see any kind of traditional expansion that is usually found in MMOs for GW2? Is LW the only intended vehicle for new content?

I’ve heard that expansions are not off the table but this was nearly a year ago, just wondering if there have been any new developments beyond this.

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Question 1: Is there any information about the background of the Zephyrites that you can give me that hasn’t already been given? I’ve found myself thoroughly interested in the group ever since what I consider my favorite Living Story of 2013, mainly because of the tie in with the older GW lore. Examples: Where did they stayed before they took to the skies? What is their ethnic background? Etc. Etc.

Question 2: Will there be any repercussions for the Krait after the Toxic Alliance? I mean after being tricked by both Scarlet and their own Oratuss, I would think there could be opportunity for open warfare with Scarlet, possibly civil war, or even a “conservative” side of the Krait which decide to return to the pursuit of destroying all others, making them even more fierce and determined.

More as I come up with them!

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Question 1
Warriors, exactly how do they work Lore-wise? I’m mostly wondering because of how they seem the be the very basic class, but they can pull off some mad stunts like leaping 600 units in full plate armor, throwing their greatswords like boomerangs and even cause the ground the quake beneath their hammer blows. Is this something you people envision the Warriors of Tyria able to do? (The heroic kind, rather than the NPC standard mook kind) And if so, is it magic at work there?

Question 2
How do you envision Ranger Spirit magic to work? I’ve heard people liking it to that of Ritualism from GW1 (I personally never played it myself, though), but what about the Skills that are most definitely magical in some way, but not explicitly stated as such? (Such as the Weapon skills that has those “Spirit animals” back you up, like Maul, Swoop, Serpent’s Sting etc, or the Utility skills like Healing Spring and Quickening Zephyr).

Question 3
What exactly is Arcane Magic, that Elementalists are using? Is it some raw form of Destruction magic, or some high-end fifth element of sorts?

Question 4
Is there any chance of there existing Fractal planes within the mists of events that has yet not happened? As in, could there ever come up a Fractal in which we’re thrown Forawards in time instead of backwards? (Cause that’d be awesome.)

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Question 1
When will we get to fight the other dragons?

Question 2
Will the other dragons get the same amount of attention/content zhaitan had? (aka an entire story campaign, 3 zones and a permanent dungeon)

Question 3
Will we get to know more about the Largos?

Question 4
Will we ever get to know more about the Six Gods?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Why was the GW2 story written to be 250 years after GW1?

Note: “Because 250 is a neat-o reference to mat stacks” better not be the answer…

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

lore
the centaur

shouldn’t some kind of peace talks happen between the centaur and humans? i mean after all the Centaur are the ones native to Kryta. maybe a new Centaur-themed main city if this happens?
doing this might show some kind of time progression, which would be cool.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

Question 1 : Why is there no mention of the 3 missing Firstborns ? It’s been said that they’re twelve, but we only see or hear about nine of them (Dagonet, Caithe, Faolain, Aife, Malomedies, Riannoc, Kahedins, Trahearne, Niamh).

Question 2 : What are the sclerite weapons ? They appeared with the SouthSun’s Cove living story update, but I can’t remember seeing any bit of lore regarding them, which always seemed quite weird for me. It doesn’t look karka-related at all.

Posted by: Luridel.5728

Luridel.5728

How long before the start of the game did the Great Collapse occur?

Posted by: erickn.1853

erickn.1853

Oh yeah, I love lore Q&As!

Question 1: The wizard’s tower of Kryta and Ascalon. What’s the story behind them? We will some day revisit them?

Question 2: Like someone said in this thread, What’s the story behind Doern Velazquez?

Question 3: Where was the mursaat city with colosal towers that Saul visited long ago?

Question 4: Lord Odran! Tell us something about lord Odran, please!

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Are the Six really gone or not? Their power is still very much present. Players can call upon the gods’ power with prayers, npc priests can summon Reapers of Grenth etc, and their statues are still stuffed with energy. So if they left, why is their power still here?

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

one question

mursaat when?

EDIT:

one more question lol:

why is scarlet norn sized if she a sylvari?

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

(edited by Dr Ritter.1327)

Posted by: ElysianEternity.6215

ElysianEternity.6215

-rubs hands- Ok, here it goes. 8D

Question1: What is the story behind the giant wood-like stone structures resembling faces seen in some places in Tyria, as example where the battle against the Giant Jungle Wurm-World boss in Caledon Forest takes place? Is there any lore behind them at all or are they merely there to look spooky?

Question 2: It was confirmed Naga are unrelated to the Krait and Forgotten. Is there any relation between Krait and Forgotten? Or are can they be confirmed as unrelated as well? And with it being revealed that Forgotten precede the human Gods, why did they become their servants? Or was that only a splinter-faction of them that we met? :p

Question 3: The karka, the largos and the krait all lived in the depths of the Unending Oceans. What is their relation to each other? We know the krait were never ‘officially beaten’ back then and thus considered themselves superior to all other races, but in the game we see a few largos talking about killing them as if they could do so easily. The karka adults have their impenetrable shells, making them incredibly difficult to kill. Did they merely live far apart in the ocean deeps or did the 3 deep-sea races actually confront each other? How did the krait reign superior or did they only because of their sheer number?

Question 4: Will there be more living stories centered and continuing events of the world? Like will we ever see the Dredge Revolution succeeding or failing and the aftermath? Will we ever see the consequences of Ulgoth’s fall? Will the centaurs be forced to surrender and hearts updated on that? Will the Inquest ever suffer the ‘firestorm’ in the council that Zojja mentioned at the end of the CoE-story?

Question 5: Same question about the living story itself but another focus – rather than adding more and more new stories, will we ever see the consequences of the alliances?
One main-gripe about the Living Story so far was how Scarlet deems her alliance ‘minions’ and that’s all they are which makes them incredibly flat and also ‘nerfs’ them as individual villains. So can they be expanded on?

As in questions like, how does the Molten Alliance sit with the other Dredge factions? What now of the Flame legion? What will the splinter-faction of the Nightmare Court do with the knowledge gained on how to grow a Tower of Nightmares and spores? Shouldn’t the krait backlash at Scarlet for being deceived and shouldn’t with 3 of their Oratuss being proven wrong about their prophet and their first proper defeat cause some doubt of their religion among them?

Question 6: Who invented the lost scrolls? What exactly is the spell? We only know the Six hid them. A spell powerful enough to sink an entire peninsula is on par with the doing of an Elder Dragon.

Last but not least: Why do krait have nipples and navels? :P (Heck, the Caledon’s krait witch even has boobies. The other females seemingly don’t tho.) They lay eggs. And they don’t seem to do it the shark-way.

(edited by ElysianEternity.6215)

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I have many questions about the Asuras lore:
I especially seek dates and some details will be welcome! =D

• When did the Skritt/Asura war broke out ? how it started?
  • When did the Asura build Quora Sum and when did they leave it ? What event led them to live underground?
  • When was Rata Plen built and when was it abandoned ? Why leaving Rata Plen? is this really the Asuras who built Rata Plen?
  • When was the Inquest created ?
  • When was Rata Sum built Asura version?
  • When did the Thaumanova reactor blow up ?
  • When did Snaff die ?
  • When was the Snaff Prize created ?
  • When did Asura met dwarves underground ?
  • Were there any technological exchanges between Asuras and dwarves ?
  • When did the destroyers become active ?
  • When did Zimm’s trial take place ?
  • When did Blimm build his grave and when did he die ?
  • When did Oola die ? Why left the first lab?
  • When did Vekk die ? A-t been married? Has there descendants?
  • What has become of Alcazia Tangle ?
  • Are Vlox Falls still an asura city ? Is it underwater ? Forgotten ? Erased ? Is there in the ruins?
  • Are the ruins next to Vlox Falls situated entirely under the Glade ? Do we know anything about them ?
  • Have the asura ever expand in the Maguuma Jungle ?
  • What has become of Gadd’s camp and the access to the Shards of Orr’s gates ?
  • What happened to the Polymock ?
  • Have asura reached the surface in Elona or Cantha ? If they did, how did they survive ?
  • Have they moved somewhere else since then ?
  • What happened to Renk’s laboratory ?
  • What has become of Oola’s first laboratory ?
  • Are Mursaats behind the architectures discovered by the asuras ?
  • Will we ever see more asura-themed gear ?
  • Where did Mamp’s hat go ? It seemed precious to him in GW1 !
  • Can you explain how an asuran wedding ceremony work ? Preferably with as much details as possible.
  • Do asura’s ears grow bigger during puberty ?
  • Do asura own houses or any sort of personal place ? Or do they just sleep in common
    rooms ? Where do they raise their children when they become a couple?
  • Why are the lower levels of Rata Sum destroyed ? Will they ever be rebuilt ? The roleplaying community really hopes so.
  • Asuran sewers ? Will we ever be able to visit them ? How do they work ? Do asura have toilets ? Showers ?
  • Considering it’s airborne, how is Rata Sum’s water provided ?
  • Is there any other small asuran cities on the surface like Soren Draa ?
  • What is the average IQ for an asura ?
  • Do female asura have a genetic disorder that makes them explode when they get in contact with feminine clothes ? (sorry, humor =’) )
  • How does the asura skeleton and muscles work ? They seem bouncier and stretchier than other races.
  • How physically strong are asura compared to other races ? Do they compensate physical weakness by wits or are their body just built in a way that allows them to deploy a decent strength despise their small size ?
  • What is the ‘average’ approximate height for an asura? There is no reliable in-game scale and there seems to be disagreement about roughly how tall asura are.
  • Generally speaking, what age are asura when they begin college (i.e. Statics/Dynamics/Synergetics)?
  • Can you tell us more about some of the technology asura possess? An NPC in Rata Sum talks about a “news presenter preening her ears on air”, indicating that they have something like television, although we never see it.
  • We know that Ludo and Zudo are the Deans of the colleges of Statics and Dynamics respectively, but who is the Dean of the college of Synergetics?
  • What are the laws Asura?
  • Some Asuras are disappointed not to have seen more of immersion in their culture, will you do something?
  • Kudu was the star female French Asuras, do you get it back in flashback? or improved its history? discover his past?
  • Asuras are ahead of the astronomical plan?
  • They have a hospital?
  • They can play on the cellular and molecular?
  • They have the opportunity to do research on ancient Asuras’s cities?
  • Will we have more information about lifestyle Asura?
  • Are there holiday Asuras? Competitions?
  • Will we one day the opportunity to review Vorpp? Have his story?
  • Devs will create more places in RP Rata Sum? =)

thank you, even if my questions are sometimes silly! =)

# Asura because I’m worth it!

(edited by Louveepine.7630)

Posted by: Saavedra.8912

Saavedra.8912

.Why do the Sons of Svanir hate women? Is it because Jora refused the power of Jormag?

.I remember there was a frozen creature below Drakkar Lake (attached picture). Will we ever see that little guy again some day?

Attachments:

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Question 1, part 1
The lore concerning Grenth is not very clear. In the Wiki, it says that Grenth was the child of Dwayna and a Mortal, but its difficult to find any reference to that specifically in either game. So, Was he a god from birth, or did he start out as a mortal half-god (or just mortal) until he defeated Dhuum and took his place? And was his father a human?

Question 1, part 2
The ways that Grenth and Kormir ascended to Godhood seem different. Kormir absorbed all of Abaddon’s power and became a Goddess that way. Grenth however, seemed like he just kicked Dhuum out, put him in a prison, and moved in to party for eternity with his Seven Reapers. So, Why didn’t Grenth destroy Dhuum and take all his power?

Question 2
We know that a new race is a possibility in the future, Is there any Technical or Lore limitation as far as what race you are willing to work on and add to the game? (such as Centaurs, Hylek, Kodan, Tengu, or Largos)

Question 3
Speaking of Centaurs….Humans are beating them back, we’ve killed every Centaur Champion that tried to get in our way, and with the Charr treaty, they aren’t going to be fighting two wars anymore (that we know aside from Scarlet’s crazyness), and the Outcast Qindova was basically banished for suggesting peace. Are Centaurs just that stubborn and prideful and unable to accept defeat at the hands of someone with two less legs than them? Or is there something happening off-camera that we just don’t quite know about yet?

Question 4
I’m sure this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find any specific developer response…. Why are Horses Extinct in Tyria?

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

Question 1: Who is managing the lore of GW2 in Arena Net? Somebody needs to be responsible of what kind of lore is deleivered by the company, right?
Question 2: Are we going to see new lands, areas and zones conected to lore in 2014?

(if you respond to this straight questions, please give straight answers. Names and last names ans Yes or No, please).