Feedback/Questions: Legendaries in Wardrobe

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Only the Skin is account bound so it’ll just be an exotic/ascended or lower weapon with incinerator skin and not an actual legendary with stat change function.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Arnekun.6170

Arnekun.6170

One way to make people happy would be to have all our originally-unbound gear that is now soulbound become unbound and give us the option to sell duplicates as necessary. But some gear comes account-bound or soulbound upon receiving it, so those won’t have to be unbound.

So if people wanted two of the same Legendary weapon for just the skin then they can sell one off but if they wanted both to have stat-swapping on both then they can keep both. Same goes for any exotic gear duplicates.

EDIT: Actually now that I remembered a lot of our gear is Transmuted, this might be pretty tough to implement unless people are willing to have their entire history of bound and ’muted unsold/undestroyed gear pop up in their inventory.

(edited by Arnekun.6170)

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

i can understand both sides. sure, you have two of them, and now they’re visual aspect is reduced heavily with the ability to transmute them to every character.. but then, you also have the ability to swap stats on both, not just one. sure, a two-handed weapon could do the same, but with only 1 item crafted, but then again, you made the choice to make two of them, as well as use two 1-hand weapons… personally, i think maybe you should get some kind of compensation, but not a “box of gold” like some people asked for.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

i can understand both sides. sure, you have two of them, and now they’re visual aspect is reduced heavily with the ability to transmute them to every character.. but then, you also have the ability to swap stats on both, not just one. sure, a two-handed weapon could do the same, but with only 1 item crafted, but then again, you made the choice to make two of them, as well as use two 1-hand weapons… personally, i think maybe you should get some kind of compensation, but not a “box of gold” like some people asked for.

Why should people be compensated for anything? They still have access to two daggers with the ability to swap stats at will. A person could copy the incinerator skin to a million daggers but only one would be a purple stat item.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

Why should people be compensated for anything? They still have access to two daggers with the ability to swap stats at will. A person could copy the incinerator skin to a million daggers but only one would be a purple stat item.

I have no valid reason why they should.

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

1st of all, I’ve to say it baffles me how selfish people can be.

Now, there is absolutely NO reason for an uproar, you made your legendaries and enjoyed havin 2 of them for quite a while, now the game evolves and you get accountbound skins, sure some people will have 2 legendaries for the price of one, but they wont have the convenience of stat swapping which is a HUGE thing.

So please guys, stop being so kitten selfish… I really hope Anet doesn’t make a huge mistake like the Flamekissed fiasco

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

So can you transmute the legendary skin onto a weapon that isn’t soulbound and then sell that “skin” on the tp?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

So can you transmute the legendary skin onto a weapon that isn’t soulbound and then sell that “skin” on the tp?

no.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

We have never been able to transmute anything and get a non-bound item out of it.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Transmuting makes an item account bound. You can shuffle it between characters on your account, but you can’t sell it.

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

1st of all, I’ve to say it baffles me how selfish people can be.

Now, there is absolutely NO reason for an uproar, you made your legendaries and enjoyed havin 2 of them for quite a while, now the game evolves and you get accountbound skins, sure some people will have 2 legendaries for the price of one, but they wont have the convenience of stat swapping which is a HUGE thing.

So please guys, stop being so kitten selfish… I really hope Anet doesn’t make a huge mistake like the Flamekissed fiasco

Stat swapping is a joke, having multiple ascended weapons is cheaper and more functional because of sigils. Stat swapping is garbage compared to the cost of the skin.

Please stop using this argument. We can apply the same argument to 800g Infinite Light and it fails.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I think most of you need to stop thinking about the lost and see what there is to gain.

I know many people with 2-3 of the same legendaries who are really happy about the patcch. Because there is more to gain than to loose. I hate having to use my ugly exotic sword for arah, because I need a different sigil. If I want to play my asura warrior, I have to use this ugly skin again, because grinding another Eternity is too much of an hassle.

I know it sucks for people who made twice the same weapon but this is a very nice update, it should have been here since the beginning.

I really hope people with multiple time the same weapon could get some kind of compensation, like unbinding their doubles (allowing them to sell one) and I have faith in Anet.

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Just because you have one legendary doesn’t mean you’re going to have more than one after the patch. You’ll still only have 1 legendary with changeable stats. The rest will be exotic weapons/stats with a legendary weapon’s skin.

Also, the game is supposed to evolve. Just because the game was one way all this time doesn’t mean it has to stay the same forever. Anet is allowed to make changes and this one will do more good than harm. People who have multiple of the same legendary are a minority.

(edited by Deli.1302)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

like i posted in another thread, Legendaries may be exempted from this wardrobe system….

just my gut feeling, thats all, and i hope i’m wrong….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

This is an issue as I currently have 1 Incinerator and halfway through making the other. I already have Gift of Incinerator, so there’s no going back now.

Although if I do find I’ve probably wasted my time, I can’t help but feel that if we’re honest, we’re just a small minority, and Arena Net can’t please every single person in the game, only most people.

I personally can sell the Incinerator when it’s finally made, but even though they’re only a small percentage of the population, it’s those with two soul bound of the same legendary is who I feel sorry for.

Please don’t hate me for saying that!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t. I think it’s a perfectly valid reason, and if I had two identical soulbound Legendaries, I’d probably be pretty upset too.

But… ANet had to draw the line somewhere. SOMEBODY is going to have to lose out no matter what, and since the number of people with two identical Legendaries is fairly small compared to the bulk of the GW2 playerbase, they just had to make the call that affected the least number of people.

Posted by: Persephone.2074

Persephone.2074

This topic is in regards to the peculiar case of players who have crafted 2 of the same legendary before the announcement of the wardrobe, either on separate characters or for dual wielding on the same character.

My background:
Ever since teasers of closed beta footage, I have been enthralled at the prospect of creating a legendary. The gs in particular caught my attention. Just shy of gw2’s anniversary, I was able to complete my Twilight. I was so happy with the skin that 4 months later I made another, gifting it to a separate character. I was excited with the idea of one day acquiring a legendary for each character. My warrior got my 2nd Twilight, with eager plans to work toward a lighter Sunrise for my guardian. Some of my peers thought it a bit daft to re-create the same sword, especially since I had the opportunity to form an Eternity with comparable materials, but my goal was never to pimp out one character with teh leets; I wanted to share my prettiest skins among all my characters. Acquiring a 2nd Twilight makes no change to the legendary collector achievement, but I still had no regrets.

My opinions on the wardrobe:
This is a system I have long been looking forward to. I have always been driven by cosmetic rewards, and my fascination with playing all classes of the game (I really do play 8 characters) kept it a long, expensive, and satisfying process. I never felt like I was lacking a goal. The wardrobe is offering exactly what a player like me is excited for: storage, convenience, and a catalog for the acquisition of favorite skins. But despite my excitement for the new system, I became disheartened by what it meant for me and the choices I have made as a player. Sharing my Twilight skin across my characters is exactly what I, as a player, had been trying to accomplish. I wouldn’t take it out for the world. But this design has also made my efforts redundant, even wasteful. If my warrior gets to share the skin anyway, why did I spend so much time and energy to make it again? Legendaries got a feature update shortly after I had made my first, allowing for updated and changeable stats, but of course that was never my motivation for making one; I just loved the look. The addition of transmutation splitters to any player that had crafted a legendary makes me trust that Anet believe legendaries are an important feature of the game.

A number of flaws in this criticism:
Firstly, much of the game is being made account based. Dyes, skins, and WvW ranks (I hope) will all be made to be accessed by any character, and there will inevitably be a lot of overlap. If this is to be recognized and addressed as an issue, a line needs to be drawn somewhere. Personally, I have acquired the same tier 3 cultural armors on multiple characters several times, even among the same character for different gear sets. This is an extreme example of why redundancy is a problem, but it can be applied anywhere. I might as well have only acquired one. The change to dyes has already sparked controversy, and some players want even more compensation than is already being provided (free, unidentified dye per redundancy). However, there is no easy method to compensate all the redundant skins that will be coming with the wardrobe. Economic compensation is especially problematic, as the market of the game is always in motion. There can be no fair and standard price for what someone acquired today, yesterday, or 16 months ago. Because of these complications, why should Arenanet be inclined to compensate anything? Well, I wouldn’t begrudge them all the armor, but it is my hope that they will draw the line at redundant Legendaries. If they disallow the Legendary problem to be addressed on the basis that it still provides mechanical functionality (stat swapping), then I feel that they would be disregarding why so many play this beautiful game: the fun and value of cosmetics. Many players picked up their Twilight when it was no stronger than a Ghastly Greatsword.

(edited by Persephone.2074)

Persephone.2074

A discussion on solutions:
The simplest solution I have come across is to keep Legendaries out of the wardrobe entirely. This is apparently not what Arenanet wants, or they would not be implementing the wardrobe. I do not agree with this solution either: my goal was, and still is, to acquire pretty skins for my characters, and Legendaries are a big part of that. Sharing my Twilight skin is exactly what I already set out to do, the problem being that now the wardrobe and I are competing at the same goal. Furthermore, Legendaries in the wardrobe is an exciting feature that motivates me to create more (different) Legendaries. It may even inspire players that have settled on only one character because of their Legendaries to expand into other classes and alts.

A second solution proposed is to compensate players for redundant Legendaries. Economically, this would be impossible to implement, as no one could agree on what a fair price is. Arenanet could unbind those soulbound Legendaries and let the market decide their value, but due to the market changing, especially over the course of 16+ months, this doesn’t seem to be a fair option either.

A third solution would be to allow players to change existing duplicate Legendaries to another of their choice. Although “not all Legendaries are created equal” in terms of their cost, keeping them bound to their respective characters (meaning unsellable) or to the account if necessary would drop this concern. I believe that players create a Legendary to use because they like it, not because of any economic reasons; they are already too expensive to pick up unless you enjoy it. Choosing a different legendary in its place would essentially be a downgrade, a second choice. While not completely fair, it seems to be the closest thing to compensation Arenanet could offer.

I will advocate the third solution proposed until a better one arises. I have created this thread specifically because the only discussions I have seen on the forum were complaint-oriented and aggressively “gimme.” Offer any constructive criticisms, new solutions, or shared experiences below.

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Uproar. Uproar.

Just imagine a world where alts level 1 have an Eternity at fine level.

Or a person who JUST made ONE bolt wielding two immediately.

How about the people who made 2 incinerators in the past? All their efforts wasted if they went in for the skins.

Wouldn’t this devalue the motion of making a legendary if you can just skin them? Also the people who have 4 incinerators or 2 bolts or any dual wielded identical legendaries, striking these people who worked hundreds of hours or spending thousands of gold so they look different, now everyone who made 1 incinerator can immediately visually get 2 provided that they pay the price of transmutation?

It just isn’t fair.

EDIT: There seems to be a petition on this website regarding dual-wielding legendaries:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/compensate-dual-wielding-gw2-fans-in-april-2014

Both solutions presented in the petition are extremes.

A “box of gold” is impractical because of the fluctuating prices, time involved in farming/map completion, it’s very hard for Anet to quantify all of this in gold.

Completely removing legendaries from this feature is a step backwards.

Adding a quality of life upgrade like the wardrobe and excluding items for it is bad for players (which this really is, because we can already move around legendary looks right now, it just costs a kittenload of gems, now we get to do it for a cost of a transmutation stone only)

Now what would be practical and still fair is giving you an option to keep or monetize your duplicate legendary.

It’s possible(and easy) for anet to track all identical legendaries bound to your account.
They can simply remove the souldbound status of the duplicate legendaries you made aside from the first one.

This gives you the choice to either keep the legendary(because for some reason you want the changing stats on the fly or something), or monetize it by selling it off the TP.

Yes, prices might drop for Incinerator and Bolt(because most people don’t like getting more gold when they sell off the TP for some reason) but in the grand scheme of things it will eventually hit equilibrium again.

Posted by: Vagrant.8613

Vagrant.8613

My solution to legendaries is to allow them to be in the wardrobe. HOWEVER, copies of the legendary will NOT provide an aura or footprints. They will still have the weapon trail or special projectile. The wardrobe copies will be nothing more than just a simple weapon skin.

This solution allows people to tell if you are holding a real legendary or simply a copy. This solution also benefits people who have made the same legendary but are using then on different toons, in that the real legendary will still provide an aura & footprint.

The only solution I can offer for people using the same legendary on a single toon is to double the effect size of the aura and footprints.

(edited by Vagrant.8613)

Persephone.2074

This is not a discussion about skins for a legendary duplicated by the wardrobe system, but on players with multiple, identical legendaries before it was announced.

Vagrant.8613

Yes, and my solution addresses your issue. You say that you created 2 twilights. With my proposal, each of your real twilights will continue to provide an aura and footprints. Copies made from the wardrobe will NOT. This way you can tell who has a real legendary vs someone carrying a wardrobe copy. You will still benefit from having made two of the same legendaries because you will retain special effects that the wardrobe copies won’t.

(edited by Vagrant.8613)

Persephone.2074

I have no issues with people creating “copies” of a legendary, in fact I think it’s a great feature. I don’t think you need special perks for a character that it is soulbound to. But had the wardrobe been known sooner, I would not have made two. One would be sufficient.

Players who dual wield the same legendary only receive the aura/footsteps from their main hand. A person with 2 incinerators would still appear identical to one with a legendary and a copy of it under the proposed system.

(edited by Persephone.2074)

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I disagree with allowing one account to use multiple legendaries on each of their characters. The two incinerator example and more. To me and others getting a legendary was like a really hard ultimate goal. Then after reaching it, getting another legendary of the same skin seemed daunting and challenging. Its a challenge players wanted, that kept some players interested to keep playing. IMO, ANET’s effort to make everything more accessible seems to be diminishing particular rewards of getting unique hard to obtain items. Legendaries were suppose to be extremely rare but now we’ll see people of various levels using legendaries skins. I’m all for giving players more freedom with the items they obtain but I would say changing all soul bound items to account bound is a better step in the freedom direction.

If this legendary change is allowed to be made, I think comment of people saying “Skin Wars 2” instead of Guild Wars 2 will really ring true. I hope new expansion related content really comes soon because with the end of season 1 of the living story, the hope of exploring new areas have diminished. Not to mention, no replayable story missions or hard mode…things are really starting to head towards “Skin Wars 2” mentality. Where the new content related additions we receive are skins.

reapex.8546

I dont really understand this… why would they make so much problems for them selfs by doing this.

there are so many people who spend months making the weapon, feeling amazing that they accomplished making 2 legendarys. taking pride in it being noted by others…

this will kill all the fun in having duo legendary’s (incinerator for example…)
It would be so much better to exclude legendarys from this system and instead make them simply accbound! why do we want an increase of at least 50% in legendarys roaming around tyria??? It will be the most common weapon in the game. Making those six month a waste of time… and legendary’s WORTHLESS

make it accbount everyone will gain from this… you can swap it around, but you still hold the value of the items, it will still be more special and rare to have 2 incinerators or bolts or what ever legendary…. Let us keep the effort we put in to it..

and this is only the part about legendary not too mention the over 200 transmutation gems spend on armors.. and the dozen bought gemstore armors.

If not. Id rather be compensated fairly
That said,

I think this is an amazing patch otherwise… if only they notified sooner so I did not salvaged a dozen skins cause of low storage but for the average player this is great..
just plz think about the players that put most effort in this game

Best regards

Sethy Alre, Dual incinerator thief.

It is a step to solve a reported issue where people don’t want to grind things over and over when they already accomplished them. In my opinion, it is an amazing step however, kinda unfair to the people who have multiple legendaries etc.

I hope you will get compensated buddy.
Best of luck.

Legendaries are all about grind though. If anyone wants to make a legendary they should think of grind being associated with it, imo.

Vagrant.8613

Here is what I had proposed in another thread:

“My solution to legendaries is to allow them to be in the wardrobe. HOWEVER, copies of the legendary will NOT provide an aura or footprints. They will still have the weapon trail or special projectile but the wardrobe copies will be nothing more than just a simple weapon skin.
This solution allows people to tell if you are holding a real legendary or simply a copy. This solution also benefits people who have made the same legendary but are using then on different toons, in that the real legendary will still provide an aura & footprint.
The only solution I can offer for people dual welding the same legendary on a single toon is to double the effect size of the aura and footprints or come up with a new effect.”

This proposal will provide an incentive to craft a duplicate legendary.

(edited by Vagrant.8613)

reapex.8546

Here is what I had proposed in another thread:

“My solution to legendaries is to allow them to be in the wardrobe. HOWEVER, copies of the legendary will NOT provide an aura or footprints. They will still have the weapon trail or special projectile but the wardrobe copies will be nothing more than just a simple weapon skin.
The only solution I can offer for people dual welding the same legendary on a single toon is to double the effect size of the aura and footprints or come up with a new effect.”

This proposal will provide an incentive to craft a duplicate legendary.

That sounds reasonable.

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

I think everyone who has a duplicate of an important item such as a legendary should get somesort of refund.

Don’t reply to me that “you get the stat swapper”. The legendaries aren’t expensive because you can swap stats nor that the stats are superior, it’s the skin. It’s all about the skin. 8/10 of that price you pay for is the skin alone, and now that people can duelwield it, people that have duplicates should get the option to refund it.

Here’s an idea I think could work instead of refunding all items you’ve bought: just un-soulbound the legendary. That way anyone with a duplicate gets the option to sell it if they wish. I think it’s a fair deal considering all that hard work to duelwield the same skin will be for naught, unless they want to keep it for the stats. Give them the option to choose, just like the town cloth tonics and duplicate gathering tools.

I don’t own a duplicate nor even a legendary, so I’m not arguing out of my own selfishness. But I can understand and feel sympathy for those people who’ve worked months and months for the legendary skin, and now that duplicate wont matter.

(edited by Tyragon.2496)

Posted by: Incendirax.3567

Incendirax.3567

Just a quick question. Say I have Sunrise and Twilight equipped on the same character (because I like the look of both) and then the new Wardrobe is introduced. Under this system, I get the skins of both Twilight and Sunrise.
A.) What happens if I combine those two SOULBOUND legendaries to create Eternity?
B.) Is the Eternity still account bound or does it become sellable?
C.) And will the skins that I have acquired for Sunrise and Twilight stay?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Toodles.

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Just a quick question. Say I have Sunrise and Twilight equipped on the same character (because I like the look of both) and then the new Wardrobe is introduced. Under this system, I get the skins of both Twilight and Sunrise.
A.) What happens if I combine those two SOULBOUND legendaries to create Eternity?
B.) Is the Eternity still account bound or does it become sellable?
C.) And will the skins that I have acquired for Sunrise and Twilight stay?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Toodles.

A) You get Eternity.
B) Soulbound. Only the Eternity, Twilight and Sunrise Skin becomes Account Bound.
C). Look B.

Reaper – Anguîsh

Posted by: Redball.7236

Redball.7236

I certainly understand that people with two of the same legendary want some form of compensation.

But please, do not ruin it for the rest of us, this is one of the best updates in a long time. A legendary is an account achievement, it should not be permanently locked to one character (and no paying 300 gems whenever you want to swap it is not reasonable).

The best way for Anet to handle this I believe is to unbind any duplicate legendaries and allow them to be sold, the price will drop the first day yes, but if you hold out you can eventually sell it for it’s normal price.

Cassius Snowstorm – Engineer
Tycho Snowpaw – Guardian
Gandara – [WvW]

Posted by: Szamsziel.5627

Szamsziel.5627

Now :
Player A soulbounds Twilight and Sunrise, then create Eternity and sells to player B. Player B soulbound it.
Output:
A has 2 AP for legendary, Player B has 1 AP and Eternity.

After wardrobe:
A has 2 AP for legendary, Sunrise and Twilight skins,
Player B has 1 AP and Eternity, Eternity, Sunrise and Twilight skins.

Isn’t that unfair?

What I can suggest it that making Eternity soulbounds it.
Edit : Or … for all Eternity created AFTER patch it only give you the Eternity skins (no Twilight/Sunrise). For Eternities created BEFORE – it should give you all 3.

(edited by Szamsziel.5627)

Posted by: Splid.6147

Splid.6147

What would be really nice is to see the number of legendaries each person who posts in this thread owns as a number below their post…

On page 5 people are still arguing that “stat swapping” more than makes up for the 2000+G loss we will incur.

To clarify, I don’t have a problem with people proposing suggestions, but if you don’t own 2 duplicate legendaries, you don’t really have a valid opinion as to how far up the creek we are right now.

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

What would be really nice is to see the number of legendaries each person who posts in this thread owns as a number below their post…

On page 5 people are still arguing that “stat swapping” more than makes up for the 2000+G loss we will incur.

To clarify, I don’t have a problem with people proposing suggestions, but if you don’t own 2 duplicate legendaries, you don’t really have a valid opinion as to how far up the creek we are right now.

I think anet should let real legendary weapons also have selectable sigils and infusion types, in addition to the existing swappable stats. This will atleast mean that when the player with the legendary weapons need to change build he does not need to recraft or repurchase certain items. This should be the convenience rewarded to someone who had spent so much time crafting a weapon of legendary status.

(edited by squallaus.8321)

Posted by: Splid.6147

Splid.6147

I think anet should let real legendary weapons also have selectable sigils and infusion types, in addition to the existing swappable stats. This will atleast mean that when the player with the legendary weapons need to change build he does not need to recraft or repurchase certain items.

Selectable sigils is something I have always argued for with Legendary weapons so I do agree, but even that is a drop in the ocean compared to the potential loss we will incur. I really like the wardrobe changes (not least because I have a monocle and 250+ transmutation stones), and I completely understand how excited other people are about having Legendarys on ALL their characters, but for me, my Dual Incinerators were earned with hard work and grind. They are special, and while it is great that a lot of people are getting what they want, some of us will suffer for it.

The problem is, that is not ENOUGH convenience. No change that can be proposed does enough to alleviate the stupid amount of gold that will be going to waste, not stat swapping, not sigil swapping, nothing…

I live in hope that an acceptable compromise is reached with this, but considering Arenanet’s behaviour towards me personally in previous support efforts, I am seriously worried.

Posted by: Warkupo.1025

Warkupo.1025

Ah the old “back in my day!” argument.

Let’s just pause for a moment to consider how absolutely selfish it is to expect everyone to retroactively suffer simply because you were, at one time, inconvenienced.

Like, just imagine a world where this argument had any sway at all. Before you can get your new smart phone you have to use a rotary phone for a minimum of 20 years. Before you buy a new car you have to ride around in someone’s crusty old Ford from the Mesozoic era.

A single solitary tear for all the grandpa’s who need a healthy dosage of “get the kitten over yourself.”

Posted by: Korimor.2406

Korimor.2406

The amount of people with no legendarys or duplicates outweighs those of us who have spent lots of time and gold earning a duplicate or 3 or 4 of an identical legendary. It’s a battle we will probably not win.

Although their argument is very dumb, they have a lot more backing of people.

I will be very saddened to see my work goto waste on 3 incinerators which I got solely for the skin.

Another thing I haven’t seen people bring up yet.. what about those of us who got duplicates even before ascended stats and swapping?? When it was 100% purely for the skin. That’s a serious waste of gold and time.

Legendary weapons are the most expensive and time consuming item in the game and therefore in my opinion should be treated like so as they are the sole interest in many players’ minds.

Maguuma – “The Legendary Guy”
Jedi – Revenant, Tylox – Thief, Roeina – Ele, Korimor – Warrior
youtube.com/user/KorimorSWG

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

We’re not actually up the creek though, are we? I think that’s a bit of an over reaction. We’re still going to be able to play!

It is a little unfair, especially due to the time people have put in, and in some cases, money, since I’ve bought a few gems over time and converted them to cash for two incinerators. But let’s face it, someone has to get hurt somewhere with otherwise great changes, and we’re quite a small minority.

Plus, we don’t actually know the full facts until the game itself is released!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: TheThiefMaster.3812

TheThiefMaster.3812

funny seeing people QQ about this , i have 4 legendaries ( working on a 5th its exhausting )but i welcome this change .

There should be no reason that someone with a sunrise has to make it multiple times if he wants it on different toons so good on you Anet for making this happen.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP
IGN – Kinsz / Server – Sea of Sorrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/BLNTGw2

Posted by: TheThiefMaster.3812

TheThiefMaster.3812

It’s like a punishment for people like me, i have made 7 legendaries, have dual incinerators and dual quips, all the hard works are in vain.

And, Oh! I’d take the refund over stats change anydays.

How is your handwork in vain? you act like second inci and quip are going to be taken away from you get a grip.

You just don’t want to see other people dual wielding them as well so you could feel special thats the issue here.[p

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP
IGN – Kinsz / Server – Sea of Sorrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/BLNTGw2

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

The biggest issue I see with compensating anyone for dual (or more) anything is how do they determine where to draw the line? How do they determine the compensation?

The duplicate legendary you have now, may not have cost what it did currently. If they give players gold or let them sell it, they could potentially make a profit, because the original cost to make it wasn’t as high. I know that my first legendary cost a whole lot less than my third, simply due to how old the game and market was. What about the people who got multiple Infinite Lights, Mjolnirs, or Halloween items that aren’t legendary status? What’s the fluctuating gold cost limit for them to compensate a player?

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

The biggest issue I see with compensating anyone for dual (or more) anything is how do they determine where to draw the line? How do they determine the compensation?

The duplicate legendary you have now, may not have cost what it did currently. If they give players gold or let them sell it, they could potentially make a profit, because the original cost to make it wasn’t as high. What about the people who got multiple Infinite Lights, or Mjolnirs, Halloween items that aren’t legendary status? What’s the fluctuating gold cost limit for them to compensate a player?

That’s a very good question.

Perhaps it could be as simple as the underwater weapon OR 1 handed legendary of their choice that is account bound? That way it doesn’t crash the market? For the forge skins which ought to be ascended at least… I don’t know. I don’t know what is an appropriate compensation for them that wouldn’t completely destroy one market or the other….

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

So if I want, for example to use a Toy Staff skin on my Bifrost I can and I will still be able to have the Legendary stats (changeable)?

And if I get tired of that Toy Staff skin I can reskin it back to Bifrost and still have it as an original piece?

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: XJamo.1930

XJamo.1930

You will only be able to use the skin, not the stats

People don’t care about the stats we all made legendarys when they were exotics with not stat swapping it’s destroying the whole meaning of legendarys and the roll in endgame.

Posted by: Redball.7236

Redball.7236

You will only be able to use the skin, not the stats

People don’t care about the stats we all made legendarys when they were exotics with not stat swapping it’s destroying the whole meaning of legendarys and the roll in endgame.

How is it destroying the whole meaning at all, it still requires an incredibly large amount of effort to make just one legendary.

Probably less than 1% of the playerbase actually has one and even less have duplicate, probably 0.1% of the players that even have a legendary.

Stop being selfish and trying to make other people suffer.

I’m sure Anet can find a solution that pleases both sides.

Cassius Snowstorm – Engineer
Tycho Snowpaw – Guardian
Gandara – [WvW]

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Yes, that is correct.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Reiko.8249

Reiko.8249

Who in their right mind uses ‘you can change stats’ as logic for why this is entirely okay. Ask yourself if you would pay 2500g for that ability on ANYTHING. I only play pve, I wouldn’t pay 10g for that option, much less 250x that. I did it solely for the skin, as I expect 98% of people did. I’m not embarrassed to say I spent a good amount of cash on gems to gold when I got close simply because I have more money than time TO AN EXTENT. With this feature pack, I literally spent that money for nothing but the change stats option, and that is just entirely unacceptable.

TL;DR – ‘you can still change stats’ is not a legitimate end to this conversation.

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Lets say i put the incinerator skin on my dagger for my ele and thief (I know its only the skin and it will still have exotic stats)

but the question is… Will it have the footsteps and fire arm? Or is it JUST the skin itself? I remember someone saying that if you transmuted and legendary onto another item before, it lost its footfall…

Also, will I be able to take out 2 of the incinerator skin and dual wield? I can see this being an option oinly if you made 2 of them.

I hope atleast Anet can answer the first one… Do i lose the effects on it?

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

I can answer the second one:
Yes.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Most likely the footsteps will also work.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)