Feedback/Questions: MegaServer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bobby Digital.3190

Bobby Digital.3190

While I like the idea of the megaserver for most zones, it has completely ruined Orr for me and my guild. We are on one of the lowest population servers, Eredon Terrace (GO ET WOO). We used to be able to count on doing temple runs as a guild every day, and we used them to recruit. It was ~our thing~ for lack of a better phrase. Actually, that is the best phrase. It was totally our thing LOL. And Orr being desolate was great. Not just because it let us spawn temples when we wanted and run them as a team, but because Orr is a barren wasteland full of Zhaitan’s rotting minions that should be empty.

Anyway, Orr is awful now. There are two reasons for this:
1) I don’t know what’s up with the megaserver, but my non-party guildies were not spawning in to the same instance as the party I was in; and
2) All the temples are massive zerg fests with everyone spamming 1 because they couldn’t be bothered to remap it to Q and booooooring ;_;

I know temples don’t require the most (any) skill, but it was fun to be able to team up and coordinate Balth or Grenth on TS. Anyway, we’ve decided to abandon temple runs and just stick to dungeons and fractals and I guess WvW? Like I said, I understand the megaserver and think it will be an improvement for most zones, I just wish it weren’t happening in Orr.

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

YES! Megaserver in Orr is exactly the right thing to do! Finally Orr won’t be a ghost town anymore!

And settle down, you’ll be able to unlock the traits soon enough… its been 1 day for kittens sake

^This. For the 90% of players who weren’t in the daily temple-run clique, this is a good thing.

Now there’s actually a chance to play in Orr (and by play, I don’t mean farm the same event over and over).

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

it was actually nice to play with other people in orr for a change.

also queensdale was full of people at seven in the morning
was nice.

ty anet.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yeah, in principle having the megaservers in Orr is fine, but they need to figure out a plan for temples first, so that players will know from across the world which temples are up, in which phases. Until they get that figured out, Orr MUST stay serverbased so that people know what they are getting into.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Vladeemer.5076

Vladeemer.5076

YES! Megaserver in Orr is exactly the right thing to do! Finally Orr won’t be a ghost town anymore!

And settle down, you’ll be able to unlock the traits soon enough… its been 1 day for kittens sake

^This. For the 90% of players who weren’t in the daily temple-run clique, this is a good thing.

Now there’s actually a chance to play in Orr (and by play, I don’t mean farm the same event over and over).

Thanks to all of those people, you won’t be able to do the events at all. The only thing that’s changed is you get to be in Orr with a bunch of folks, without having to bother looking at a timer first. Meanwhile, all those spiffy people are swarming like zombies to every defend event that shows up, squealing collectively “we’re doing Orr woot-woot!”

Some of us don’t see this as outweighing the cost, the cost being no more actual temple runs. But maybe peeps will get bored or something.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Guys…. read this list: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Megaserver-Rollout-Update/first#post3909472

The only place in Orr that has the mega-server rolled out onto is Straights of Devastation.

There are just more people then usual in Orr due to the fact that they want traits which is why all the temples are unlocked most of the time now.

Although admittedly waiting for a defend event to fail in order to unlock a grandmaster trait is still BS.

Wrong, it’s in malchor’s leap, too.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I found it more interesting doing an Orr event with 10-15 guildies.
We could pretty much do all the events as they scaled reasonably and all the temple runs.

A low population server was often better than a high population server.
The problems with a high population server is you fail to Tag any of the mobs sufficiently to get any drops.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The point was, a day ago, we ALL could easily check gw2state.com to find which servers were presently attacking a certain temple and guest there. That was light years better than being stuck for hrs on this Mega Server zone.

Everything else others already answered for me.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

DeWolfe.2174

I found it more interesting doing an Orr event with 10-15 guildies.
We could pretty much do all the events as they scaled reasonably and all the temple runs.

A low population server was often better than a high population server.
The problems with a high population server is you fail to Tag any of the mobs sufficiently to get any drops.

Well, my thread is not about how or if the Mega Server was being brought online, it’s the when. Though I will agree, they’ve been very vague about this “comfortable level” they allude to. There should be a player preference slider to what we’d like to be a part of. It’s what we have now by being able to guest to a high or low pop server.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Megaserver in orr(and all maps) is the best thing they have ever done.
Opposition, even against nice features like this, makes the playerbase look bad.
The game was an online rpg before, it’s now turning to a real "mmo"rpg with this patch.
We don’t want orr to stay as a ghost town without any people, I don’t care about events, my server was failing them anyway because of the lack of numbers. If they fail it with a crowded instance, nothing will change. But the game will be a real mmo with players around. I support megaserver in all maps, I wanna see people around…

DeWolfe.2174

While I’m not unhappy with the Megaserver in spite of the these few problems it will cause, I’ve always agreed that there is something wrong with the design of events when players are encouraged to allow them to fail in order to access other events/rewards. It’s simply been less of a problem in the past.

I understand the word “fail” seems harsh. Though in the end it’s going to be a win cycle. Because we’ll leave with the temple being controlled by the pact. Which event chains can be looked up on the wiki if you are interested.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I havent read all posts here but a few… It sounds to me that MegaServers isn’t to blame but the Event’s… MegaServers makes more players to get to gather and do events and succeding that and that is what players want but by compleating the defending events results to never or rarely other events to start. So what Anet needs to do (atleast for these events in Orr) is so that these defend event’s automaticly fails or rather after 2 or 3 succesfull defends 3 or 4th time there wont be an event only Undead attacks and takes it all over and you can’t do anything about it.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

the major oversight is requiring an event only in the fail state. Thats poor design. should be activated for either case, or something that doesnt have a fail/win condition

DeWolfe.2174

Opposition, even against nice features like this, makes the playerbase look bad.
The game was an online rpg before, it’s now turning to a real "mmo"rpg with this patch.
We don’t want orr to stay as a ghost town without any people, I don’t care about events, my server was failing them anyway because of the lack of numbers. If they fail it with a crowded instance, nothing will change. But the game will be a real mmo with players around. I support megaserver in all maps, I wanna see people around…

See, that is your point of view. My Server and some of the other highest population servers do not have such issues. Also, as you might have read, some people want to be in a zone with less people. So who’s desire is the correct one??? And wanting choice is never a bad thing.

Again, this isn’t about if, it’s about when! Now certainly wasn’t the most opportune time for many whom know about doing temples. Which goes beyond the scope of my original rant. I’m certain Vol’s going to be fuming is CS goes on the Mega Server tomorrow The term “roll out” is usually not used to define a day or two.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I disagree, Orr will always be a ghost town.

Badum tish

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

The point was, a day ago, we ALL could easily check gw2state.com to find which servers were presently attacking a certain temple and guest there. That was light years better than being stuck for hrs on this Mega Server zone.

Everything else others already answered for me.

All is an interesting word. You mean those who knew about this (and I daresay it’s far less than half the playerbase) could do that. The problem is those sites are outside the game. For every person who did that, there’s a person who tried Orr, saw no one there, died a bunch of times and never went back there.

Yes, I get it. Less convenient is less convenient, but I’m pretty sure most of the gaming population didn’t know about or understand timer sites. It’s not intuitive. It’s outside the game. You have to do research. Most people don’t.

To be sure, the way it works now isn’t good either. It needs to be fixed. But the solution isn’t to have timer sites outside the game.

The solution is to have an in game messaging system letting people know certain events are progressing.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

See, that is your point of view. My Server and some of the other highest population servers do not have such issues. Also, as you might have read, some people want to be in a zone with less people. So who’s desire is the correct one??? And wanting choice is never a bad thing.

Again, this isn’t about if, it’s about when! Now certainly wasn’t the most opportune time for many whom know about doing temples. Which goes beyond the scope of my original rant. I’m certain Vol’s going to be fuming is CS goes on the Mega Server tomorrow The term “roll out” is usually not used to define a day or two.

I understand your point of view but then there should be 1-2 servers without megaserver system for RPers and low-population lovers. I think majority of playerbase and new players(who play for level and gold) will like megaserver system. Personally, I don’t need to go these maps after this point but while I was leveling up and grinding pve, I felt so lonely at these zones. I felt like I’m playing gw1, a pve without open world. Although my server is very high in population and eu#1 in wvw(sfr), pve players were low on count. I was guesting to desolation(pve oriented server) when I wanted to do some world events for achievements etc. Now it’ll be possible for all servers to do these events.
But event api needs rework for playerbase organization.

(edited by Umut.5471)

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I understand your point of view but then there should be 1-2 servers without megaserver system for RPers and low-population lovers.

problem is I have a feeling there are more low pop loving people than people realise. It will fill up.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: LoCo.8012

LoCo.8012

Nobody would be forced to to be exposed to roleplay, because the roleplayers would remain in their specific servers, rest of the maps work in the megaserver system.

I understand they can decide what maps are effected by the megaserver system, seeing they decided to experiment first on a small part of the maps, so I guess would be within the system capability to exclude the city maps from it.

Everybody mostly happy.

That’s dumb. For two reasons. For one, it undermines the purpose of megaservers designation to reduce server stress and fill up main maps to begin with. And for two, exposition to each other’s silly make-believe is not inherently a bad thing.

As for my feedback, I’ll be very honest. I have looked forward to the Quality of Life improvements of the feature patch and remained cautiously optimistic about the megaserver implementation.

Dead maps would get filled with people! Yay!

More people will just play along and try out events! Emergent gameplay ahoy!

People can be pitted together for major events like the world bosses, and we get to teach newbies! Awesome!

But then you find that when you run a 30-group emergent gameplay event of people typing up silly stories and emotes and local chat messages, and people are scattered across multiple instances of the same map with no way of joining. Mind, we came from the same server. Most of us are guilded together in the same guilds. But not even partying up and trying the good old fashioned taxi’ing onto the same map instance works. We couldn’t join together. That’s kitten.

I hope this is just a matter of a hiccup in the sorting algorythm of the megaserver implementation, that it still needs to learn which servers tend to gather or group up where, and which players tend to play with which others. Because as it stands, this does not bode too well for the other half of the fun I have in GW2 after its intended content: typing up dumb stories and silly emotes and banter in local chat as a character among my peers in this dumb game I’ve grown to love so much.

Posted by: Firion Corodix.4510

Firion Corodix.4510

Sounds like a design flaw in the event then. How about making the defend event harder and harder depending on how many times in a row it has succeeded? This will make it harder to succeed and likelier that the defenders will eventually fail.

Posted by: BlackfoxKitsune.7480

BlackfoxKitsune.7480

on the EU servers this system FAILS!!!!!

The Lonewolf Clan (LWC)
http://akikitsune.wix.com/lonewolfclan
order of morrigan [Oom]http://oomguild.wix.com/order-of-morrigan

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

Post deleted due to getting merged and loosing original point.

(edited by iFruit.6190)

Posted by: Synesh.1094

Synesh.1094

The update at it is, scattered the communities across different maps.
Forcing them together like a pretentious kindergarten teacher while at the same time separating friendships and groups, or at least making harder for them to find each other.

I don’t feel part of a community anylonger, I just feel like a body thrown into a massive amalgamation of communities and groups that were never ment to meet each other in the first place.

Also on the roleplay note, as a roleplayer myself I don’t want to force people that don’t like it to listen to my asura ramble about his krewe. I want to be with people that appreciate it. Right now is pretty much impossibile, for 2 people that roleplay on a megaserver, there are 10 then don’t and I’m sure at least 5 of those don’t want anything to do with it and I understand.

I want Piken Square back, and not only because of the roleplay but also because I felt part of a server and a community, god I loved when the server took down Tequatle for the first time in months and everyone shouted “Piken Square best Square!” in map chat.

What are supposed to celebrate now if you don’t know half of the people or the guilds in a map. Especialy since you can’t even understand what is the name of their guild or character since it’s writte in french or german, while I was supposed to be paired with people on English servers.

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

There’s definetly some bugs in the megaserver system to work out. Last night my guild attempted a Guild Rush in Dredgehaunt Cliffs, and despite being
A: The same Guild
B: The same Server
C: The same Parties
We got split between two different servers. We got everyone in the same one in the end by reshuffling the parties and using the join feature, but it seems like that’s something we really shouldn’t have to do with the way Mega Server technology is supposed to work.

Posted by: derpy.7236

derpy.7236

i don’t like how you removed a bunch of the daily challenges. i am not interested in PvP and will not play it. please give us PvE people the old daily system back.

Posted by: thipequz.5602

thipequz.5602

I dont know if this is a bug, or what, but a new problem arose last night whilst trying to do a guild bounty mission. We located person of interest, and when we tried to get on the map where he was located, we were all split up all over the place. This was all people in the same guild, a lot of people are friends, and yet for some reason when we were told bounty was next to WP we could not see him. When attempting to join the person who had found him, via party/join option, there was no option to join him on the other map, and thus we failed the guild bounty.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

So last night a friend and I finished an event (on a different map) then jumped up to Blazeridge Stepps for Shatterer PreEvent. Now although we are both on the:

• same Server (since Beta)
  • same Guild (since Beta)
  • same Party (for hours)

We went to different servers. I thought the new system was supposed to take care of this issue?

Now he was able to right click on me and join me on my server so it was no big deal but when the same thing happened during Queen Karka event he was not.

My guess would be that in the Shatterer, I was soft capped and on Karka I was hardcapped?

I assume that there is other criteria that influence the MegaServer player binding glue to make sure we are grouped up? Just don’t know what else we can do to stay together?

Maybe they could set a grouping priority like:

1. Always keep Parties together
  2. then if possible keep Guilds together
  3. then if possible keep Servers together
  4. maybe there is even a way to calculate how often over the last ~month that accounts have adventured together? (I know that last one might be a stretch but just a thought)

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I arrived in rata sum last night and realised that I had no idea where I was . By that I mean that I couldn’t recognised any of the guild names around me and there was a French conversation going on in mapchat.

Then I went to WvW because there I knew the people I was playing with and we all had common purpose. The only place my server exists anymore is EB and the borderlands.

As I am in an wvw guild I have orders not to invite people from “other servers” as they cant wvw together for guild activities. I was surrounded by people I knew I couldn’t build a relationship with, couldn’t get to know and invite to my guild etc.

Damaging communities like this is going to make people like this game a whole lot less, it is meant to be a shared experience with people you can grow closer to….instead it has become filled with strangers that may as well by npc’s because all they are is background colour to stop me feeling alone.

Well it doesn’t work – I felt more alone than ever till I went back to wvw and I am guessing even that will be faction based and not server based soon.

Posted by: Kestrelle.8165

Kestrelle.8165

A few months ago, I spent quite a few hours researching guilds and servers before paying to transfer.
I wanted a small, friendly pve guild, on a low-med pop server, English-speaking so that events would generally run in the evening after work (UK).
I was very lucky to find the perfect fit. Outside of my small guild, I got to know the commanders for the daily mining run, the daily temple run, Teq etc. I got to recognise players in LA even if i never spoke to them, which made it feel like “home”.

I would like my “home” back.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Problem why we have now always all languages mixed on EU Servers :

Thats because they use just ONE map minimum for ALL EU-Servers, instead of at least FOUR servers, so that we have always one EN, DE, FR and ES Zone so that people can land in a zone with their selected Language.

No they start with ONE zone, every language is put into that one until its full, then wie get ZONE 2 and that zone also is further mixed with all languages .. yada yada ..

We NEED at least ONE zone minimum for every official language, else the whole thing will never work !!

Also .. give us an optional way to manually select the zone that we want to use.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Lannah.1283

Lannah.1283

The megaserver has made things worse/impossible for:
- native server communities and server pride
- world-boss communities (feedback from TxS, feedback from the Deso GW2 community)
- Guild missions for large guilds
- the roleplayers
- calls for WvW support in mapchat or advertizing WvW events in mapchat
- guild recruitment
- players with weaker computers (lagfests, FPS slideshows, disconnects, client crashes have made the game unplayable for some)

Most of the problems have to do with not being able to get everyone from your guild or alliance into the same instance (and on time for whatever you’re gathering for).

It’s cool if you’re a solo player with little interest in the community, a player unwilling to pay for a transfer to a higher-pop server, or if you’re just levelling up, roaming, and not really planning to take part in anything organized on a larger scale. I’m sure the game feels fresh then. Old-timers who have spent time and effort on building a community of some sorts, however, got stiffed.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Guess you not only play on a NA server but you want to see gazillions of people around regardless of who they are too?

My game was a real MMO- tyvm- now it is a bunch of people running around like headless chickens speaking 10 different languages.

As for Orr- it used to be nice because or regular Temple runs and also the world tour.

now?
pffft

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

is it that hard to do something else until the temple is contested? Is Tyria to small?

Please explain how we’re supposed to know when the temples are actually contested and the events are available.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Did the Ulgoth chain last night and rather than the normal “my sister and I have to solo every single event, then 10 people show up for the final fight with the whole thing taking about 30-40 minutes”, we managed to burn through the pre events and the boss in under 15 minutes.

Later, I went to Orr to continue working on map clearing and there were people everywhere! Those pesky events went down quickly opening up the Skill Points and I didn’t have to use a single Ash Legion Stealth Kit!

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

17 mega maps and counting …

The mess in the EU region will only get worse,

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So last night a friend and I finished an event (on a different map) then jumped up to Blazeridge Stepps for Shatterer PreEvent. Now although we are both on the:

• same Server (since Beta)
  • same Guild (since Beta)
  • same Party (for hours)

We went to different servers. I thought the new system was supposed to take care of this issue?

From what i was able to observe, the only consideration that is in effect now is in equalizing the numbers of players across all already existing MS instances of that zone. Server, language, group, guilds, friends – all seems to be completely ignored at the moment.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Necrophagia.7026

Necrophagia.7026

Please Anet, a repply would be great on ES forums.

Baruch’s Bay megaserver’s maps are failing, lot of people are posting about it.

https://forum-es.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/game

Thanks for attention.

mtpelion.4562

From what i was able to observe, the only consideration that is in effect now is in equalizing the numbers of players across all already existing MS instances of that zone. Server, language, group, guilds, friends – all seems to be completely ignored at the moment.

There were issues yesterday with different versions of the game too. After I updated, I was unable to play with anyone in my party or guild who hadn’t yet updated.

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

The megaservers looked bad from the minute they announced it and they are just bad. Being stuck on wayfarer’s during svanir with one other person, not being able to play with guildies or server mates. It ruins communities and the priority system is completely non excistant. Half of the time I’m stuck in megaservers where they only speak German.

Posted by: XenusTEHG.1965

XenusTEHG.1965

where is your megaserver thing? I still have to guest on other servers to find open world parties (zergs).

sorry for my poor english

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

You know I didn’t like the idea of the megaservers at first but after playing one it’s not bad. It’s nice to see others a lot more often than I used to.

I noticed that on JQ, I got paired with the servers we were matched with in WvW, so I think that’s one of the things taken into consideration.

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

Anet please give each player the option to turn on or off the megaserver feature. When it is turned on a player will be moved to a map that is more populated so he/she can play with other players. If turned off simply move that player to the map on the player’s home server.

Not every one wants to go to a map full of zergs all the time. Some times some players actually want to go to a specific map that has less people so that they actually will get the chance to do a certain event. This can either be on their own home server or at some other server that they are guesting.

Atm the megaserver implementation sucks big time because maps that you get moved to are over populated all the time and u have no control over it. This means when a player or a small group of players actually want to do a certain event they won’t be able to because the event has already been completed on the ‘megaserver map’. And probably never will get a chance to do it since the map is highly populated and any event will be completed shortly afterward it start.

Just now a few friends and I decided to do some catching up after we met at grenth, as we haven’t played together for a period of time. We decided to head to lyssa and dwayna temple because they are contested according to our maps. However when we actually port to malchor’s leap, the map where lyssa and dwayna temples are located, we find that they are not uncontested and we appear to be on a megaserver map. Relogging several times didn’t help our course either. This sucks because those 2 events are contested on our home server and we want to participate but we can’t get to those maps on our own server, and we can’t participate on the mega server because they’ve already been completed.

While the intentions of the mega server is good in that it allows players to find other players to play with more easily, this should not be forced down every players throats. Players should be given an option to choose whether they are actually currently looking for more players to play with.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

- world-boss communities (feedback from TxS, feedback from the Deso GW2 community)
- the roleplayers
- guild recruitment
- players with weaker computers (lagfests, FPS slideshows, disconnects, client crashes have made the game unplayable for some)

Most of the problems have to do with not being able to get everyone from your guild or alliance into the same instance (and on time for whatever you’re gathering for).

It’s cool if you’re a solo player with little interest in the community, a player unwilling to pay for a transfer to a higher-pop server, or if you’re just levelling up, roaming, and not really planning to take part in anything organized on a larger scale. I’m sure the game feels fresh then. Old-timers who have spent time and effort on building a community of some sorts, however, got stiffed.

Amen to that.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: kingkillar.6714

kingkillar.6714

The megaservers looked bad from the minute they announced it and they are just bad. Being stuck on wayfarer’s during svanir with one other person, not being able to play with guildies or server mates. It ruins communities and the priority system is completely non excistant. Half of the time I’m stuck in megaservers where they only speak German.

Thats the same thing happening with me

Its annoying when your put on a server where everyone else speaks a different language.
The megaservers so far are a disater and have made the game worse

~Everyday the pixies take a little more of my mind~

(edited by kingkillar.6714)

Posted by: FloSte.1679

FloSte.1679

Please give us our homeservers back anet. The current megaservers are just horrible, funkilling and unnecessary, so please get rid of them. It’s like I’m on an overflow allzhe time. On the EU-Servers there are also big language problems. There people with four different first languages on one map and there’s just chaos. And there also many racist, who just start flaming when there’s anything in an language they don’t speak. Every german post in the mapchat is followed by at least 2-3 “You’re from Germany so you’re a kitten” posts
your’re a kitten yeah i hate that censorship

(edited by FloSte.1679)

Posted by: CrockyClockwork.4095

CrockyClockwork.4095

Since the patch I have noticed, despite propaganda by anet, I am not being placed in servers with my guildies, friends, and people I generally have come to recognize on my home server. I can only think the algorithm for matching “affinities” did not begin until after the patch, in which case would not create “affinity” with any known people – because they are now on a different megaserver!

I do like the effort in increasing population in dead zones however.

mtpelion.4562

Since the patch I have noticed, despite propaganda by anet, I am not being placed in servers with my guildies, friends, and people I generally have come to recognize on my home server. I can only think the algorithm for matching “affinities” did not begin until after the patch, in which case would not create “affinity” with any known people – because they are now on a different megaserver!

I do like the effort in increasing population in dead zones however.

A statement about how something is supposed to work is not “propaganda”. If it isn’t working as advertised then YOU need to report it as a BUG.

This is software people… you’ve been using it for a few decades, you should know this stuff by now!

Posted by: Caboose.9056

Caboose.9056

- the roleplayers
- guild recruitment

QFT

Posted by: Velimirius.7018

Velimirius.7018

this is so meh, failed kittene, whats the point when you cant play with ppl from the same server,guild,group when it throws you in some other kittenhole where ppl dont even speak english…

80% of this patch doesnt work properly, or it does but Anet just lied about it.

Posted by: gamma.7398

gamma.7398

When I first heard about this patch I already had mixed feelings. But after today I am already fed up with it. The map is filled with pugs. All differend kind of languages on it and it was a big mess. I was in a party with somebody else and we got a different megaserver… My guild got split up. and we had to do a ton of work to all get into the same server for 1 event. This just makes me really sad. After the amount of time and money I invested into this game this is what I am getting back for it. There was nothing wrong with the game because there was guesting.

All skill is removed from the game. Just run in and auto attack.

Greetings,

A very unpleased player (without improvement on this an ex-player)

P.s. All my friends think the same about this so I am also posting this for them.