Feedback/Questions: MegaServer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Most players believe the megaserver to be a bad idea. Server merges would have worked far better with the design of current events and bosses. The idea that Anet needed to work around and disguise the low populations on many worlds is ridiculous. Everyone that plays MMOs knows that server merges are standard.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I really like it. Population is spread really oddly at the moment and it will most definitely help very high pop servers and low pop servers. No longer people from desolation will be kicked out into an overflow, because someone else is guesting there to get their boss kills. No longer will people guest for opened dungeons, because they’re too lazy to open. Everyone will have to work now.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Do you always answer questions with another question?

I gave my opinion, and yes, this is the way I respond. =)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

If A-net want to make the play experience more seamless and in-game focused, I think they should completely get rid of the “servers”. That very definition just make things more confusing.

Instead, they should create a few “mega-guilds”, to wich each character HAVE to belong, with their own chat channel, and with their own “civic center” (mega-guild halls, or city map, if you like), and wich make up the factions on the Mist war. At least one of these “mega-guilds” should be officially dedicated to RP.

Its close to the “home world” idea, with the big exception it doesn’t have an specific piece of hardware, time zone or a complete map of Tyria associated with it, and that it DO show more sense of belonging for each character.

Then you can use the megaserver algorithm, giving the mega-guild the first priority, then the rest, with the bosses schedule adjustable by mega-guild consensus. You will have a more logical and user-friendly approuch to the situation.

Sure, jumping mega-guilds to exploit resources will be more difficult than jumping worlds… but I think that issue should be answered with a better distribution of resources, not with a meta game trick. And you can have chars on different mega-guilds, if you like so much having that kind of control.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So kitten the “small guys” for not being in your (often full) mega populated servers, so it can be more convenient to you?

No, as i said this is a valid concern – but it does not have to be solved at the cost of everyone else.

Who is this “everyone else”? The RPers?

Anyone that is doing the very same events but is not on the few small pop servers. Anyone that plays at hours that conflist with the Schedule. Anyone that runs dungeons. Anyone that dislikes seeing zerge sverywhere. Anyone that doesn’t like playing according to the same schedule day afterday after day…
There are a ton of reasons why the planned metaserver idea is bad. There is only one reason for it (low populations), and even for that one there are other soutions that could have been tried.
And of course since it is good only for low pop situations, practically by definition it is good only for a small minority of players.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

I have LONG been opposed to timers in GW2 ever since they were first instituted with Tequatl….they are completely immersion breaking and have no place in the game. The one exception I will give to this is a timer after the boss has spawned…like the Karka Queen. It makes sense that after defeat, they would need time to recoup before attacking again.

Rather than now putting ALL bosses on timers, I would have much preferred they go the opposite route and instituted pre-events for all of the bosses that must be completed in order for the boss to spawn…followed by a timer before the boss can spawn again…this adds a random element to boss spawns in that in the middle of the night or during odd hours when not a lot of people are on, the pre-events might fail and the boss never spawn…(although the people can keep trying until it does spawn)….this also has much better immersion since it feels like you are bringing about the boss…

“Help the Priest discover the cause of the mysterious portals in the Godslost swamp”
followed by “defeat the champion Atax”
followed by “close the mysterious portals”
followed by “shadow behemoth has arrisen!”
….not, it’s 7:00pm, looks like Shadow behemoth is coming out.

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

A few more important points to be made here:

• If your world usually has a comfortable population on a given map, you’re unlikely to see much of a difference here until the map actually starts getting full. We’re not going to toss a bunch of people from another world into a comfortably occupied server and make it uncomfortable.
  • But some worlds do fill up all on their own pretty regularly. The improvement from this perspective is that if you try to join a very full map, the system will find another instance which also contains people from your world rather than the old overflows which were much more of a mixed bag.
  • If your world has a very low concurrency on a given map, we can put you and everyone else from your server into a map with a more comfortable number of players. The key term here is “comfortable.” There’s breathing room. Megaserver is not overflow in reverse.
  • It’s very difficult to understand this situation if you’re not willing to look at the big picture. Similarly, you can’t really explain urban traffic by using a metaphor about seats at a dinner table. Server populations are big and they are not concrete. Players flow in and out all of the time, even when it seems like a map is completely full. The major change in the way the game is handling population is that it’s making better-informed decisions about where to direct you. If only my GPS did that.
  • As the blog post mentions, we’ll be monitoring this very closely to make sure that the end result is positive.

Thanks for all your feedback. I look forward to tomorrow’s blog post and answering more of your questions.

Here’s a question that occurred to me. What about the timers for world bosses and temples? What happens when I see a timer say that it’s time to go free a temple in Malchor’s Leap. I decide to go down there and the Megaserver overlord device decides I need to go to another area where it is already done? Is that in the calculations? Will it prevent me from going to an ongoing temple event that my friends have told me about? Has that been thought out in the Megaserver idea?

It is Not the responsibility of the devs to make it easier for you to follow the timed schedules of some third party website.

Fact is, that the third party websites that post timers for events are almost an exploit.

If the Megaserver makes it impossible for you to follow some websites timers….. then…. so be it. If you need to … Not be able to guest to hit a champion that spawnwed On some server…then run to another champion on some other server… all because some third party website said some champion spawned on those servers… That isn’t something that keeps m,e up at night.

Try to play the game as intended, instead of relying on third party websites with their Champion timers.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

On the other hand, I am Pro-megaserver for the simple reason that I have been on a low-pop server during these living story events and I have seen them struggle to get enough people to do the marrionette or defeat the knights….and it is extremely frustrating…moreso by the immense amounts of loot that the high-pop servers get from these events, which drives up the economy making it even more impossible for low-pop server people to get ahead in the game.

But part of that has to do with the mechanics that were coded into these fights. I find it rediculous that a game that was hyped as having scaling for all events continues to implement fights that have no scaling whatsoever, making it impossible for the low-pop servers to do these things…which forces them to guest…which frustrates the high-pop servers…

Simple solution would have been re-introducing scaling and working on making it work properly.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

On the other hand, I am Pro-megaserver for the simple reason that I have been on a low-pop server during these living story events and I have seen them struggle to get enough people to do the marrionette or defeat the knights….and it is extremely frustrating…moreso by the immense amounts of loot that the high-pop servers get from these events, which drives up the economy making it even more impossible for low-pop server people to get ahead in the game.

But part of that has to do with the mechanics that were coded into these fights. I find it rediculous that a game that was hyped as having scaling for all events continues to implement fights that have no scaling whatsoever, making it impossible for the low-pop servers to do these things…which forces them to guest…which frustrates the high-pop servers…

Simple solution would have been re-introducing scaling and working on making it work properly.

This is probably the wisest post I have read here so far.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Yeah, having events that only works with 150+ people minimum kind of breaks the whole concept of scaling in the first place.

Posted by: Tuntz.8953

Tuntz.8953

I gave my opinion, and yes, this is the way I respond. =)

Let me just tuck my tinfoil hat away brb

Do you always answer questions with another question?

I thought it was a rethorical question, sorry for misinterpretation. I don’t want precedence/preference , i just gave my opinion on the changes and how it affects my gameplay experience , you say that the changes may favour other people but , until now, i only have seen bad inputs on those subjects.
I’m not bashing the entire content/changes, as most of them i found quite positive and exciting, I’m just adressing these topics that are most gamebreaking to me.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

And I have seen not only those giving feedback that are displeased, but those that are excited and eagerly anticipating the changes to come. My question stands. =)

Posted by: JohnnyQQ.4789

JohnnyQQ.4789

I think the only thing mega about this new server system will be the confusion…could be wrong though…never the less I don’t think it’ll be a huge game changer.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

All of this effort was made just to get rid of the “Overflow” hovering on the mininap.
Just because people got a bad attitude towards it, and a “can’t be done in here so I’ll just sit iddle” mentality.
This megaserver won’t be any different when it comes to megabosses fights, you’ll still be in a map with 100+ players that you don’t know (because even on your currently home server you never do) and the event has the same chance to fail.

I’m dying to see the map chat and the excuses that will come up this time around.

It will populate empty maps and that’s a very good thing, but make no mistake regarding mega bosses, most players will still be in their zerker gear dying all over the place in Teq for example then pointing the finger to everyone and everything but themselves.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Tuntz.8953

Tuntz.8953

And I have seen not only those giving feedback that are displeased, but those that are excited and eagerly anticipating the changes to come. My question stands. =)

Why do you keep generalizing the question is beyond me , can you you point me to the thread were people are excited and eagerly anticipating the waypoint changes or any of the changes to those specific points i mentioned ?

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

For Waypoints, the other way round would work too. Have all waypoints within a zone be free, but have ones outside a zone cost as normal. Hey, it works in Cities.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Nessius since that is clearly directed to me here u go..Game will ether be developed for majority of community that play this game the way is supposed to be played and for new players that want to be part of some huge and active community or will be build that for minority of Rpers or dunno.I doubt that Anet bother so much building this huge world with so many things just so that Rpers can talk some line standing for hours on some rock (i dont try to mock Rpers here,that is what really happen when i was leveling my character).This world and game itself is build’ed for PVE and PVP not for Rping.Game does not have single RPing aspect here.You people “Rpers” come here and u will have to adjust to the game mechanics cause majority wont suffer cause of minority of people here.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Here are my concerns with this…

• Server Pride – NSP has really built the entire community on the pride of accomplishments, both in PvE and PvP. The megaserver idea pulls that apart quite a bit within PvE.
  • Restricting timers – I know personally i would miss out on a lot of regular world boss fights in general.

Overall i think you could have accomplished ease of play across servers by.

• Removing guesting limitations entirely
  • Use the “Join in” option for x-server joining, similar to dungeons now or make the transition invisible.
  • Add a world boss UI that will take you to a specific world boss when it’s up, regardless of server.

I enjoy the almost random spawn timers. I’d much rather see a UI in game instead of going to a website to find a boss spawn or open dungeon. I’d rather not see server communities become less important. Overall i think the solution you are proposing needing to be tweaked quite a bit to reduce complication and keep server still relevant for PvE content.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Tasty Pudding.3764

Tasty Pudding.3764

• Add a world boss UI that will take you to a specific world boss when it’s up, regardless of server.

I enjoy the almost random spawn timers. I’d much rather see a UI in game instead of going to a website to find a boss spawn or open dungeon.

I don’t think this is how ANet ever intended this to work. People seem to love the world boss train, but I don’t think that ANet wanted that to be how the game was played.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I enjoy the almost random spawn timers. I’d much rather see a UI in game instead of going to a website to find a boss spawn or open dungeon.

I don’t think this is how ANet ever intended this to work. People seem to love the world boss train, but I don’t think that ANet wanted that to be how the game was played.

They should have considered it before they VOLUNTARILY made the event timer API publicly available. Which, by the way, is not a “near exploit” for the doom’n’gloom poster 10-20 posts ago. An exploit would be being able to use that API to CAUSE a boss to spawn.

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

They should have considered it before they VOLUNTARILY made the event timer API publicly available. Which, by the way, is not a “near exploit” for the doom’n’gloom poster 10-20 posts ago. An exploit would be being able to use that API to CAUSE a boss to spawn.

Actually using the API to somehow make a Champion Spawn is an exploit. Not a “near exploit.”

I used the word “near…” for a reason. As to Anet Voluntarilly making the event timer API publically available?…so what?

Devs change their minds all the time, The devs can change any aspect of the game they wish anyway they wish. They do not have to keep something " the way we are used to it… we got used to this Now Anet’s hands are tied."

Umm…no…

It is the job of the player to adapt to whatever changes Anet makes, or… stop playing the game.

This is very common, fact is, when i was a teenaged player…starting My forum posting on my favorite MMO’s, I also daily " threatened" to leave the game… then i saw the same behavior in others. They would always threaten to leave… and be around after the patch..complaining…then they see the upcoming changes to the game In new patch notes…and “Threaten” to leave again…. over and over and over.

I feel that we will always have people that threaten to leave over this change, or over that change. When the developers do something, that happens ti make it harder for people to do a Champion Train…. it is a sign to you riders, that this is Not How they intended we play the game.

Just because many have " gotten used to the champion train" or " I find the timing convenient to my busy schedule." does Not mean the devs have to keep it as is, if it is Not how they intended the game to be Played.

Just the fact that someone ca " Log In at 3 AM… and head to bla bla to fight bla bla,…who is due at 3 : 17 am..according to websitre bla bla bla" should have beena clue this was gonna be nerfed.

Games change, devs change their mind…players adapt…or… find a new game.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

These events, particularly Wurm, requires a very high level of organisation that the average and / or casual player are simple incapable of or not willing to do.

Bahahaha, ‘organization’, that’s a good one! You have any comedy routines I could see? :P

From this I take you don’t ever have participated in a serious wurm try?

~MRA

You know what they say about those who *ass*ume?

Yes, I did, which is how I came to that conclusion. Dropped in with a bunch of ‘randoms’, we complied perfectly with the event mechanics, had groups clearing mobs quickly and efficiently, had a group constantly DPSing. Hardly anybody going down. Event ended before we even got him below 50%, it’s a mindless DPS check, you could see that yourself were you not blinded by your self-fabricated ‘leetness’.

~Idon’tcareaboutyourcrapshoottag

Wow …
I have read a lot of idiotic troll posts on this forum over past 1.5 years, but this one takes the cake for me.

You didn’t even complete the event, yet here you are being Mr Know-it-all on the Wurm…

FYI,
I have participated in over 40 successful Wurm kills. How many have you done??
Oh right, none ..

I wonder who’s understanding of this event is better and who’s methods actually work?

You are a prime example of why I think this megaserver change will be a disaster for the players/guilds/servers that can successfully complete Tequatl and the Three-Headed Wurm.

Oh yes, your sitting in a spot predetermined for you among a giant group of players all spamming the same skills you’ve been told to spam, carrying the builds, buffs, and items you have been ordered to carry is oh so very impressive, and bestows upon you a wealth of knowledge I couldn’t possibly comprehend.

Get over yourself, Wurm and Tequatl kills are not impressive. Comply with the simple and easily explained mechanics, max enough players DPS and evasion, and you win. If there’s more to it than that, please explain what it is, because none of that requires anything dozens of other bosses do not. The only hitch is in welching every last point out of DPS out of 100+ players, which takes nothing but pathetically obsessive calculation on part of a small group and blind compliance on part of the remainder.

I guess we found an afk-er Shatter spammer here .I do agree Teq is walk in the park mode by now for some ppl aka (TxS/tts /att etc etc) , but the wurm in the other hand …let me tell you this , once you kill it you will see the difference between someone who spams 1111 and a group of 35-45 ppl who moves and does a perffect job on this event’s .Using your word’s i guess is ez to say evrything is not impressive since evryone thinks that Her kitten ‘’Zerk all the way , spam dodge = i won the game’’ .

Haven’t actually done Shatterer in ages, *ass*ume all you like what content I do and how, your problem not mine. So far, we’re now at three people in a row from these ‘leet’ guilds who have done nothing but attempt to label me as a lesser player rather than provide any evidence whatsoever that these fights are actually difficult, not to mention being unable write in coherent english…

And yes, I see the difference, harsh rote memorization. Done the entire event except phase two, more than once, and yes I am aware of the bug that makes it to where one person can completely screw up the second phase. Bugs are bugs and nothing more. Doesn’t change the fact that just like most everything else in the game, it throws everything in the exact same way at the exact same times at every single participant. This requires nothing but following a guide any player could follow, and having enough of those players with the right gear.

Though I admit, there is one thing impressive about these wurm and tequatl guilds, the amount of leet-obsessed groupies that have been indoctrinated in to thinking rote memorization and repetition takes skill. The amount of skill and strategy able to be exercised cannot be greater than the variation of the content, and this content, like most boss content, has no variation whatsoever. It is the exact same fight, every single time, just like the previous ‘hardcore’ boss fight released, but with a higher DPS check and a harsher timer.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Rallying calls in pve (cities or populated zones) has been a major source of support for wvw on my server for a very long time. Having players from every server mixed into these mega-overflows is going to make that nearly impossible to do. I see this having a large negative impact on our ability to get people into wvw when reinforcements are needed.

Since the megaserver will put people with the same Home on the same instance, it won’t affect rallying calls that much. Yes it will have players from other servers mixed in, if your server doesn’t have a high enough population to support one map but that’s also a problem with the current system.

I’m also going to miss having a familiar community in cities and at world events. I like being able to stick with the same commander/group through multiple events. With events starting at the same time in every instance of a map, what are the chances of actually sticking with the same group between events? And I mean group as being the entire group doing the event, not my party.

Once again, if you are of the same Home server, when you port to kill another World Boss you will be put in the same map instance as everyone else you were playing with before. Provided there is enough room on the map instance (same with the Overflow system). I don’t think the Megaserver will affect this part of the game much either.

The only thing helping a group like that stay together is in the increased chance of landing in an instance with people on the same home server, but instances will be filling rapidly during world events. It seems that large groups will very likely be broken up among several different instances when changing maps.

There is a way to prevent this from happening in the game already. There is a soft cap on all maps and there is no reason to remove it, after the map reaches the “soft cap”, only players of the same Home will fill the last spots until you reach the “hard cap”. Although there IS a possibility for the Megaserver to disrupt big groups, it won’t happen as easily, and as often as people say.

The one good thing I see with this change is having more populated maps for leveling/general pve. But I don’t see it being a huge difference. Taking 24 nearly empty instances of a map and combining them into one still leaves a very low population map.

If 6 out of those 24 instances have 1 person each, it will allow those 6 people to play together and even do Group events that would’ve been hard to solo.

There is a reason they are putting the Megaserver tech on low level zones first, to see how the system works and adjust it as needed.

It will have a higher chance of putting you on a map with others from your home server. And it’s not even a large increase for that chance, and there are other factors that have higher influence. If someone from your server happens to land in a different instance than you, they will increase the chances for their party, guild, and server to be there.

And since world events now happen at the same time for everyone, those instances will be filling up very fast. Getting an entire group into the same map before it fills up would be difficult. For every player that lands in another instance, that instance gains a higher chance of pulling in even more players from your server.

Looking at the chart on the megaserver announcement page, the percentage chances of being paired up with people from your guild/server are barely better than the current overflow system. With those numbers, getting tossed into some random instance will be the standard.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

In all seriousness, the champ train is much more lucrative and they seem to be fine with that. Besides you still can’t get more than one of the same world boss a day anyway. Having that system would just make it easier for people to do it.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Leto Atreides II.2153

Leto Atreides II.2153

Thanks for all your feedback. I look forward to tomorrow’s blog post and answering more of your questions.

Hey Anthony,

I like, and understand, the idea of leaning towards the MegaServer. Although I feel the amount of confusion about this concept is record-high.

Perhaps you (there at ArenaNet) could show how the system would work, and how the current system works, in a more graphical way? (Infographic, animated GIF, diagrams, flowcharts of sorts?). I’m pretty sure that would cut two-thirds of the confused questions (and many confused-negative people) as well as save you a lot of work with responding and explaining

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

A simple solution for all of your concerns about server pride/WvW recruitment: Add a server-specific chat channel that is common to every player bound to that server, and subsequently appears on every single map. This is what other games do.

I would also like to see a server tag displayed next to our guild tag. Like, [JQ] for me.

’Nuff said.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

A simple solution for all of your concerns about server pride/WvW recruitment: Add a server-specific chat channel that is common to every player bound to that server, and subsequently appears on every single map. This is what other games do.

I would also like to see a server tag displayed next to our guild tag. Like, [JQ] for me.

’Nuff said.

I would like that, as long as it’s per zone/city(maybe region?), and not game-wide. I don’t want a global/world chat that has everyone from my server, no matter where they are in the game. As nice as it would be to do a server-wide wvw rally call or guild recruitment, having a global chat tends to be a mess of spam, trolling, and generally childish behavior.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

The open world challenge is dead.

Very much looks like it…

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

This single update is the WORST thing they are doing to the game, and it will result in a lot of people quitting. Never before have I seen a large majority of players angry about such a feature if you read through the official feedback thread.

Sadly, I agree. Will give it a shot, and I hope beyond hope devs come to their senses and abandon this on the grand scale by the end of the year. Experimenting in map 1-15 is fine – they’ve proven we are playing a glorified Beta version, since the official release. But once / if this is truly implemented, the game will be a fully different game from the one I signed up for, and it will be bye-bye for me. I will miss GW2 as it was though, and I’ll miss my server.

Zergs are a problem with open world content, but empty areas isn’t a solution for that. Better event design is.

Indeed. Even with server merges and mega-overflow-cloud, areas like Timberline and Snowden will be near-empty because there is nothing to do there once you’ve first explored them. More content is the solution for low pop, megaserver isn’t.

It already prioritises putting you with people on your own server, what’s the problem… If you’re part of a community, you should have people in that community in your friendslist / guild, again what’s the problem.

Not everyone in your server community is in a F-list / guild. And this only prioratizes, but doesn’t put you with those people with 100% certainty! The problem is that it TAKES THE CHOICE AWAY, and over a year down the line, this is a very poor development that drastically changes the game we initially joined.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: urbancat.5903

urbancat.5903

I honestly think there is a simple solution to help keep the RPrs, like me, happy, and the non RPers.
Leave the city maps as they are, apply the megaservers to the rest.
In this way, most of the RP will continue as usual, maybe some problem for the RP outside, but at least one would know that in the city maps of the RP servers, you will remain with the actual situation.

A good part of the usual RP guild or casual encounter do happen in the cities.

The only use non RPers have for the cities, apart enjoy the beautifully crafted cities, is to use the crafting facilities, don’t think for such people would make a difference to be in an overflow map, or the same map, or whatever, as long you can easily access the facilities and services you need.

Nobody would be forced to to be exposed to roleplay, because the roleplayers would remain in their specific servers, rest of the maps work in the megaserver system.

I understand they can decide what maps are effected by the megaserver system, seeing they decided to experiment first on a small part of the maps, so I guess would be within the system capability to exclude the city maps from it.

Everybody mostly happy.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Why in the heck would you turn the Mega Server system on in zones where the temples reside? We need to do them to unlock the traits. Now it’s becoming a complete mess to do. You have people just sitting AFK for hours on end in Malchor’s Leap. Worse yet, some people don’t understand that defending the temples is keeping from unlocking traits.

We had great 3rd party websites to inform us which temples were up and they are broken now. We can’t even use Team speak anymore because players are mixed up in the zone. I asked in Malchor’s Leap and we had players from DR, FA, JQ, SF, SoS, TC.

I really don’t get this back handed PvE nerf. If you don’t want players to play, simply shut down parts of the game to conserve your server cost. And the double way pointing better get fixed quickly. Contested wp’s never made a lick of sense to begin with.

Yes, this is an angry post… sorry not sorry

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Yeah I don’t know why they ‘lied’ when in the blogpost they said they wouldn’t be implemented in Orr.

Then today they say it’s activated for Straits (as well as Malchors)

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

YES! Megaserver in Orr is exactly the right thing to do! Finally Orr won’t be a ghost town anymore!

And settle down, you’ll be able to unlock the traits soon enough… its been 1 day for kittens sake

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

What?! A good thing?

Are you KitTEN Me?

On our server, Orr is a nightmare to do events, defend events succeed and the temple main event rarely spawns! For you have one idea i had to guest on lower pop servers to be able to do Grenth today and unlock my traits.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I like it. I just came to Orr for the first time in months and there are people here.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Megaserver in Orr is one of the best things to happen to that place. There’s actually people there now! If you don’t like the temples staying open you can spend a bit of gold and skill points at a trainer and unlock them that way.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

is it that hard to do something else until the temple is contested? Is Tyria to small?

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Complaining before: "Nobody goes to Orr, it’s a “dead zone”, can’t ever do the temples."

Complaining now: “kitten the megaserver, too many people, can’t ever do the temples.”

I welcome this change, as much as I am used to solo the whole area minus the temples. Those darn zombie legions must be opposed by more heroes, not just my characters and two random others in the whole map.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Oh no!!! A defend event succeeded??? oh the drama…

And by succeeding at it, those that defended it managed to grief those wanting the event that unlocks traits.

Setting things up like that is… wow. Just… wow. I’d say what I really think, but I’ve got two infractions on my account here now, and I don’t really need a third.

Just buy it from the vendor, it’s only 3 gold + 20 skill points. The bosses aren’t worth the effort.

Max Lexandre.6279

Megaserver in Orr is one of the best things to happen to that place. There’s actually people there now! If you don’t like the temples staying open you can spend a bit of gold and skill points at a trainer and unlock them that way.

How to perform a daily event, if the temple is open all the time?

Need a PvP team to kill those who protect temples

Sad thing we need to fail events to do events, the way they setup Orr events is odd!

Asura thing.

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

What?! A good thing?

Are you KitTEN Me?

On our server, Orr is a nightmare to do events, defend events succeed and the temple main event rarely spawns! For you have one idea i had to guest on lower pop servers to be able to do Grenth today and unlock my traits.

They didn’t do it for Cursed Shore……….

Max Lexandre.6279

What?! A good thing?

Are you KitTEN Me?

They didn’t do it for Cursed Shore……….

I was with that idea too, but when i invited some guildies to one party for one event, and they were on the same map, but not with me, funny enough, none of us were on overflow, neither could we use the “Join” option.
So yes, MegaServer. :p

Asura thing.

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

Guys…. read this list: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Megaserver-Rollout-Update/first#post3909472

The only place in Orr that has the mega-server rolled out onto is Straights of Devastation.

There are just more people then usual in Orr due to the fact that they want traits which is why all the temples are unlocked most of the time now.

Although admittedly waiting for a defend event to fail in order to unlock a grandmaster trait is still BS.

Retired Leader of TTS

Max Lexandre.6279

Guys…. read this list: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Megaserver-Rollout-Update/first#post3909472

The only place in Orr that has the mega-server rolled out onto is Straights of Devastation.

There are just more people then usual in Orr due to the fact that they want traits which is why all the temples are unlocked most of the time now.

This can’t be right, so why i tried to party with guildies, they were on the same map (no overflow) but not with me, also without the “Join” option?

If this isn’t MegaServer on Cursed Shore… what is it?!

Asura thing.

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

I can see this being a problem, maybe just put the champ, or and equivalent into the defend events? That way you could get the unlock from doing the defend. Plus, it would add a bit more loot, champ chest, to the defend.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Mega server in Orr is what this game needs. The inconvenience of having to wait to unlock a trait once (or even once per trait) is offset by the fact that Orr is now playable again.

I just had a great experience in Orr, because there were people around. We helped each other out at events. Normally those events wouldn’t be done at all.

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

This can’t be right, so why i tried to party with guildies, they were on the same map (no overflow) but not with me, also without the “Join” option?

If this isn’t MegaServer… what is it?!

That has to be a bug then.

Anet stated pretty clearly that the join feature should still work for the mega-server system if you want to join your friends in a different instance. The only place where you CAN’T use the join on party member trick is when your friends are in a main and your in overflow, at which point you need to zone in and out to get into main while in a party with someone in the main.

Unless you guested to a different server and forgot or something.

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

While I’m not unhappy with the Megaserver in spite of the these few problems it will cause, I’ve always agreed that there is something wrong with the design of events when players are encouraged to allow them to fail in order to access other events/rewards. It’s simply been less of a problem in the past.

(edited by Elestian.6134)

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Poor implementation, GG anet.

Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Oh no!!! A defend event succeeded??? oh the drama…

And by succeeding at it, those that defended it managed to grief those wanting the event that unlocks traits.

Setting things up like that is… wow. Just… wow. I’d say what I really think, but I’ve got two infractions on my account here now, and I don’t really need a third.

3 gold or 6 hours of your life waiting for it to start which has more value?