Feedback/Questions: MegaServer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This thread is so huge, i can’t read it all to find out if this has been asked already but, my question is: how do i know on which server I am at any given time? is there option to find out that i’m unaware of?

You are not on any server. All the previously existing ones were removed and every zone is now an overflow (they call it Megaserver). The only place where server specific areas still exist is WvW.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

This thread is so huge, i can’t read it all to find out if this has been asked already but, my question is: how do i know on which server I am at any given time? is there option to find out that i’m unaware of?

You are not on any server. All the previously existing ones were removed and every zone is now an overflow (they call it Megaserver). The only place where server specific areas still exist is WvW.

Yes until they remove WvW in there next feature update.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Oh ic, tnx, wonder why that guy was saying we were on SoR then?

Posted by: Hystery.8415

Hystery.8415

He probably just thought he was still on his server, but no. A lot of people are confused and have a hard time understanding what’s happening.

Piken Square RPer ~ Growl Bladeskin (Charr, Zerk Warrior 80) |
Aelius Brightmane (Charr, Zerk Grenade Engineer, 80) |
Tilaw Stainsoul (Charr, Zerk Staff Elementalist, 80) | Evi Shadowstep (Charr, Zerk Ranger 80) |

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It seems lot of people are still unaware that there were any changes to the system. Other call out their server names in (futile) hope to try to hold their server community together.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Yoru.2687

Yoru.2687

Why does It say questions on this thread if no one answers?

Also heres a post from one of my fellow Gild members:

Hey there! My name is Mkkoll, I am from the EU and I am here to represent the wonderful GW2Community, [NíP], [EVE] and [Wums], the first community to kill the Three-Headed Wurm.

With the new fixed WorldBoss spawn system in place, many in GW2Community are finding the current ‘Natural Spawn’ times quite inconvenient. GW2Community regularly attempted a Three-headed Wurm kill at both 21:00 CEST and 23:00 CEST if the first one failed. We would then move onto Tequatl at the next spawn and finally Karka Queen. This was convenient and efficient as far as organisation for our commanders. Events with most organisation and concentration required first down to least organisation. People could really focus all their energy and efforts on the Wurm then slowly wind down on the easier events, Tequatl and Karka Queen.I will detail the problems further below and give our suggestions of what can be done to make these bosses workable again.

The problem we are noticing now is that the ‘primetime’ Wurm event is too early for a lot of the people in our community and Tequatl and karka Queen are simply too early all together. Most of us don’t even consider 19:00 CEST Tequatl true primetime. People need time to get home from work/school, cook, eat, clean say Hi to their significant other then settle into their night of World Boss slaying.To summarize, the overall problems are the inconvenient spawn times for the EU servers that will be exacerbated for UK players in the winter and the extremely expensive prices for the guild summoning option.

The Guild World Event Unlock: We realise that the new Guild World Events Unlock was intended to address communities and groups that found the fixed Natural Spawns inconvenient. But we feel the current cost of the unlock is simply too high. If we were to continue to try and do Wurm->Tequatl->karka Queen at our previous times every night we would require 30,000 influence and 60 merits. If we were to be more reasonable and ignored Karka queen and Tequatl, proccing the Wurm is still 20 Merits and 10k Influence every night. This is a high cost for established, high-representation guilds, never mind new guilds. We simply don’t feel a new World-boss focused guild could amass enough influence and merits quickly enough to get enough attempts at the Wurm to improve at it. GW2Community took weeks and multiple fails a night to finally start nailing the Three-headed Wurm consistently. How is a new World Boss-focused guild to get the experience with one fixed ‘primetime’ spawn per night? This is not to mention that GW2Community often attempts the Wurm on multiple overflows and we simply couldn’t proc the Wurm multiple times every night at the current rate we attempt it.

Commander Atila Noon [GDA]
Amber Wurm is best Wurm <3

Yoru.2687

How GW2Community works as a Wurm and Tequatl slaying community and our anticipated problems with the Guild World Event unlock:

GW2Community is a group of guilds that come together to defeat the Wurm and Tequatl. We all share a Teamspeak but in-game we represent many different guilds and we have many regular players that show up to these events who don’t represent any of the ‘main’ community guilds at all. Despite our large numbers, we do not gain influence in the same rapid manner full-representation guilds do as we don’t require full-representation. WorldBoss guilds usually have a singular focus and that is to take down the hardest content in the game. Most members have other guilds as their main guilds to do other things like guild missions and WvW etc where they can earn reliable influence and merits. Our guilds, which were specifically created for events like this, will not be able to spawn these bosses as frequently as we’d like. Our communities’ guilds also cannot force our players to do Guild Missions as that was never our initial focus.
If a guild is to spawn the bosses every time they want to do an attempt, then with the current maximum 120 merits you can gain a week from doing the highest tier of guild missions, they will only be able to spawn a boss 6 times a week. Since we attempt to do the Triple Trouble Wurm, Tequatl and Karka Queen every night, we are not going to be able to maintain the high merit and influence cost required to spawn these events at our most convenient time.
(edited 6 days ago by Noobix.3958)
6 days ago
+1
Report Permalink
Noobix.3958
GW2Community proposes a few things. Laid out below are our proposals in order of descending preference :

1. Decrease the cost of activating a world event
We feel this is the most elegant solution to our problem of being tied to the one Natural Spawn in primetime. The current cost of activating these events is too high for smaller guilds. It is a barrier to entry that discourages them from even trying as the cost of failure is too high. NíP is currently a no representation required guild but holds a large part of the player-base that makes up the ‘community’ of GW2Community. Even with our pooled resources from all the guilds in our community , we are feeling it is going to be unsustainable to pop these events when we want to. A return on the merit and influence investment could also be given for successful completions of these Guild procced events based on the difficulty of the event. For example, Wurm gives %150 of the Merit and influence investment back, Tequatl gives %80 back and Karka gives %50 back.

2. Two fixed ‘primetime’ spawns per night
This doesn’t have to be on all the ‘Mega-Organised’ events but will help with the Three-Headed Wurm at least. This will enable newer WorldBoss guilds and communities an extra chance at the Three-headed Wurm and will allow them to gain real-world experience at killing it at a faster rate. It will also appease established communities as even we don’t complete this hard content with %100 success-rate. However, popping our own event because we failed the initial spawn may be a reasonable ‘cost of failure’.

Yoru.2687

Ideal spawn times that fit better into the primetime spawn schedule for GW2community would go thusly. Two opportunities for each boss during primetime, with slots for future events and 2 hour ‘stagger’ between the same events.
First round of spawns <— These are only workable if we have a second round of spawns, 2 hours later.
Future MegaBoss #1 ( 3x harder than Wurm please) @ 18:00 CEST
Three Headed Wurm @ 19:00 CEST
Tequatl @ 20:00 CEST
Karka Queen @ 21:00 CEST
Future MegaBoss #2 @ 22:00 CEST
Second round of spawns <—- The ‘primetime’ spawns
Future MegaBoss #1 ( 3x harder than Wurm please) @ 20:00 CEST
Three Headed Wurm @ 21:00 CEST
Tequatl @ 22:00 CEST
Karka Queen @ 23:00 CEST
Future MegaBoss #2 @ 00:00 CEST

3. Logically separate ‘Mega-Organised’ events from the other World Boss events in the table schedule
The current table schedule is too restrictive and there are no good slots to put in future ‘Mega-Organised’ Events. We shouldn’t try to put them there just to ‘fit them in’ and allow them to have their own little unique slot in the table. They should spawn regardless of what else might be going on in Tyria and could even overlap each other. A 2 hour ‘stagger’ of events seems reasonable.

4. Advance the current megaboss spawn-times by 1 hour
This will push them more firmly into ‘primetime’ for a greater number of our players. For people in the UK, BST (British Summer Time) is currently in effect but with the current spawn schedule, our ‘primetime’ Wurm Spawn will be 18:00 GMT in winter. Most over-worked Brits are not even home from work by this point. If we are to keep the singular primetime spawn, we need to make the spawns later to fall into primetime. These are our ideal spawns for this solution.
Future MegaBoss #1 ( 3x harder than Wurm please) @ 20:00 CEST
Three Headed Wurm @ 21:00 CEST
Tequatl @ 22:00 CEST
Karka Queen @ 23:00 CEST
Future MegaBoss #2 @ 00:00 CEST

BONUS: Have Tequatl and Karka come after the Three-headed Wurm.
This is a personal preference for GW2community but was always the natural progression of our World Boss killing. Have other communities always done this too?

We are obviously only just one community and our wants and needs are going to differ from others. Some requests here could be considered ‘selfish’ but that is the point. We want our gaming to be convenient for us and not tied down to a ‘schedule’. Or at least, we want to be able to spawn these events with a sustainable cost to our guild Influence and Merit income.

What are your opinions and thoughts on the new system? How does this affect your community or guild? How do these times affect your own play schedule as an individual player? We have also made a strawpoll which you can visit here to tell us what you think of our proposals.
We would also like to echo the feeling of TxS and their community. We empathize with their own concerns regarding the new spawn schedule and restrictions fully.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Here’s a direct result of different servers getting dumped together and language filter stealth-added and turned on by default. So much for “facilitating friendly play”:

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Nube one one seven.7039

Nube one one seven.7039

I just logged back on for five minutes, to see if the new megaservers were any more tolerable after a couple of days. Needless to say, I`m now waiting on final confirmation from Anet on whether or not I need to cut my losses, and uninstall the game. I honestly enjoyed the game before the “update”, but now, now I can`t be on for five minutes without gritting my teeth. I Honestly would revert to the game prior to this update, wardrobe system and all, if it meant I could ACTAULLY CHOOSE WHO I PLAY WITH. One way or another, this`ll be over for me when Anet finally decides to comment on it, either it`ll get fixed, or it`ll be just one more customer they`ll lose.

EDIT: typos

Posted by: cakesphere.5910

cakesphere.5910

Megaservers are great…if you enjoy reading the GW2 equivalent of Barrens Chat

Here’s a direct result of different servers getting dumped together and language filter stealth-added and turned on by default. So much for “facilitating friendly play”:

I would have flipped my desk in rage. How long did it take until you finally got people to stop?

GS1’ing world bosses since 2013
#mesmerlyfe

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

I just logged back on for five minutes, to see if the new megaservers were any more tolerable after a couple of days. Needless to say, I`m now waiting on final confirmation from Anet on whether or not I need to cut my losses, and uninstall the game. I honestly enjoyed the game before the “update”, but now, now I can`t be on for five minutes without gritting my teeth. I Honestly would revert to the game prior to this update, wardrobe system and all, if it meant I could ACTAULLY CHOOSE WHO I PLAY WITH. One way or another, this`ll be over for me when Anet finally decides to comment on it, either it`ll get fixed, or it`ll be just one more customer they`ll lose.

Yep. We’re all just waiting to see if they will revert this change or lose thousands of customers. The ball is in their park, and they’re being pretty kittening quiet.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Eeeeyyaaagghhh!!!!! /Cast Fireball . Deal just under 9000 damage.

Go go mega server.
New mighty morphin mega server maps!

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Aaaaaaaand we failed Tequatl again.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

And the term Mega Fail gains a new interpretation.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Just feel I need to post on behalf of the people who are in the game enjoying it. The megaserver is great!

I finally FINALLY feel like I can just go out and do open world stuff.

It looks like most of the complaints are coming from world events, guild missions and such. However, I’ve always said those have a nasty side effect of facilitating hate between players. It’s not the megaserver that needs to be fixed, it’s the mechanics of these events.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

I think the issue is, is that the game should have been designed to use megaservers from day 1. Now they are trying to shoehorn it into a game designed around a named server system.

Megaservers are the right way to go, they always have been(well the GW1 district system was but there we go) . Just that the community and game mechanics in general need to catch up

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Raphael.9286

Raphael.9286

And there I was thinking that we were the only ones who suddenly don’t like playing GW any more. It was such a nice and cozy community. Oh well, time to move on…

So… Anyone has a good idea of what to do with all the time we used to play GW2 in?

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I am amongst those who are enjoying the mega server. I do understand there are some problems. And it shouldn’t surprise me that so many are threatening to quit over it, but it does all the same. You just aren’t going to make everyone happy.

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

If Anet keeps the fail Megaservers, which they undoubtedly will, what is the point of having different world servers, ie TC, FA, SoR, etc.? The ONLY good thing I like about Megaservers is that I might just get that Giant killer finished to get Slayer hahaha

In answer the question about what to do with all the time? I’ll be playing FF XIV, along with a teeny bit of GW2 with my dd. LOL

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

They are working on it. You will need to use Google Translate to translate the dev post.

https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Megaserver-System-Die-Konsequenzen/page/15#post374779

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

The point of those servers is for WVW matchups.

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I have a suggestion. I don’t know if it’s possible to have different sorting algorithms for different maps, but if so…

For the main cities, maintain one megaserver map per server. Use Party as the top sort method (so your party always stays together), World as the secondary sort. Use no other metric.

This would mean:

1) You still always stay with your party
2) You can join in with party members in their town even if you have different home servers without using guesting
3) Otherwise, you’re placed in a megaserver with your home server. Period.

I feel like this could resolve a lot of the issues people have. For example: I could do guild recruiting within a main city and have a reasonably high chance of only recruiting members from my server.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Companies, in this case, MMO’s, usually grab ideas from other MMO’s. But there are some ideas that just shouldn’t be taken, like Megaservers.

Another idea that haven’t be taken are stuff like World of Warcraft’s flying mounts. No other MMO today or future ones have flying mounts, because it’s horrible and destroys more than it helps the game.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I just logged back on for five minutes, to see if the new megaservers were any more tolerable after a couple of days. Needless to say, I`m now waiting on final confirmation from Anet on whether or not I need to cut my losses, and uninstall the game. I honestly enjoyed the game before the "update", but now, now I can`t be on for five minutes without gritting my teeth. I Honestly would revert to the game prior to this update, wardrobe system and all, if it meant I could ACTAULLY CHOOSE WHO I PLAY WITH. One way or another, this`ll be over for me when Anet finally decides to comment on it, either it`ll get fixed, or it`ll be just one more customer they`ll lose.

Yep. We’re all just waiting to see if they will revert this change or lose thousands of customers. The ball is in their park, and they’re being pretty kittening quiet.

They’ve already answered by rolling out megaservers to nearly every map over the past few days (if not every map).

Kurr.4179

They’ve already answered by rolling out megaservers to nearly every map over the past few days (if not every map).

I love this game enough to be patient for a few weeks.

If they release a statement explaining exactly what they are going to do to solve the dozens of issues created with megaservers I will stay (assuming the solution isn’t to politely tell us to go kitten ourselves because nothing with change).

But I can’t continue to play this game as my main game in this state.

Megaservers and the changes to traits (thank GOD I already had 8×80s) are just that bad. Even if it doesn’t affect me, how they deal with the giant kittening mess they made of traits will also impact my decision to stay or not.

*EDIT : Can you imagine if we had mega servers for SAB? Have fun with 100 people in a tiny hub. Zephyr Sanctum? Have fun getting with the jumping achievements with dozens of people in every spot making you lag and blocking your view. Megaservers should ONLY be applied to open world areas (not cities) AND you should have the option to choose which one you go to.

Oh and I’d just like to say, my wallet is permanently closed for the gemstore, regardless of what they choose to implement to fix these issues. I lost a lot of my confidence in ANet. The only upgrades I still need are bags unlimited kits on a few characters, and I will be getting those with gold. I was eventually planning on getting unlimited tools for all my characters, even if it isn’t really the most useful thing but that idea is now gone. I could’ve easily have spent another 200$ on this game in the future.

(edited by Kurr.4179)

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Had issues with guildies not getting into the same map during missions specifically bounties… Also not.having a home server map like LA will screw with calling I’m help for wvw and recruiting for your guild specifically wvw guilds.

Posted by: qazqazqaz.2098

qazqazqaz.2098

Loving megaservers so far! A bit of tweaking to let guildmates get to the same megaserver easier, move big world bosses schedule a bit and it will be perfect. Great job guys.

*EDIT : Can you imagine if we had mega servers for SAB? Have fun with 100 people in a tiny hub. Zephyr Sanctum? Have fun getting with the jumping achievements with dozens of people in every spot making you lag and blocking your view. Megaservers should ONLY be applied to open world areas (not cities) AND you should have the option to choose which one you go to.

Yeah, I can. That would be AMAZING. Imagine Zephyr Sanctum full of people, would be so much better. Just like cities right now, game is so much more alive.

(edited by qazqazqaz.2098)

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Just now, a guild from our server sent a recruit message in map chat for WvW.

Guess what happend.

Other servers started to trash talk the recruiter’s home world, and then, other players from other servers started to trash talk everyone, it was a whole kittening mess.

Kurr.4179

Loving megaservers so far! A bit of tweaking to let guildmates get to the same megaserver easier, move big world bosses schedule a bit and it will be perfect. Great job guys.

Yeah, I can. That would be AMAZING. Imagine Zephyr Sanctum full of people, would be so much better. Just like cities right now, game is so much more alive.

Oh yeah, 5 FPS when I use the TP or my bank is just so AMAZING. I would love that in places that require movement skills to get through as well.

qazqazqaz.2098

Well, you probably don’t meet min requirements for the game or need to turn down your settings. What do you expect playing on hardware that is outdated.

Kurr.4179

Well, you probably don’t meet min requirements for the game or need to turn down your settings. What do you expect playing on hardware that is outdated.

My computer is perfectly fine. By your logic, about 30-40% of players need to stop playing this game because they have hardware similar to me.

What my computer can’t handle is 100+ people in a small spot.

It’s also why I STAYED AWAY FROM BIG SERVERS ON PURPOSE.

You know, so I could play the game smoothly.

But ArenaNET apparently assumes everyone that plays their game has a megacomputer (GET IT? HA!) and good internet connection.

Let me just go ahead and drop 1500+ on a new computer so ArenaNET can implement their kittenty ideas.

PS : Megaservers would still suck even if I had a beastly computer.

Posted by: Feycat.4370

Feycat.4370

The megaservers do NOT DO what we were promised.

It was supposed to preferentially sort us with others from our home servers. It doesn’t.

It was supposed to preferentially sort us with others from our friends list and guilds. It doesn’t.

It was supposed to preferentially sort us with people in our party. It doesn’t even do that!

What it DOES do is ram as many people into a single map as possible, negating server culture and causing all sorts of friction and unpleasantness and clogging map chat with nonsense and hostility. It makes it hard to do world events because there are SO many people it’s hard to even get credit. It makes it hard to do guild events because you can’t cram anyone else into the map. It makes it almost impossible to find RP anymore.

Basically, it is killing everything about the game I enjoy except how pretty much characters are… which the townclothes update did a good job of kicking in the butt anyway.

Game enjoyment increases as time spent on the forums decreases.

qazqazqaz.2098

My computer is perfectly fine. By your logic, about 30-40% of players need to stop playing this game because they have hardware similar to me.

What my computer can’t handle is 100+ people in a small spot.

It’s also why I STAYED AWAY FROM BIG SERVERS ON PURPOSE.

You know, so I could play the game smoothly.

But ArenaNET apparently assumes everyone that plays their game has a megacomputer (GET IT? HA!) and good internet connection.

Let me just go ahead and drop 1500+ on a new computer so ArenaNET can implement their kittenty ideas.

PS : Megaservers would still suck even if I had a beastly computer.

5 fps is not “fine”, it definitely can’t handle the game it seems. Not ANets fault at all. They have minimum requirements for a reason and they can’t tune their game for minority of people with outdated hardware.

timmyf.1490

The megaservers do NOT DO what we were promised.

It was supposed to preferentially sort us with others from our home servers. It doesn’t.

In my experience, it does.

It was supposed to preferentially sort us with others from our friends list

You’re right, this is a miss. Hope they add it soon.

and guilds. It doesn’t.

Seems to work for me.

It was supposed to preferentially sort us with people in our party. It doesn’t even do that!

I’ve had no issues with this so far.

It makes it hard to do world events because there are SO many people it’s hard to even get credit.

I’ve run world events several times and never had an issue getting credit.

It makes it hard to do guild events because you can’t cram anyone else into the map.

Agreed.

It makes it almost impossible to find RP anymore.

Can’t speak to this one.

I simply do not have the same experience with megaservers as you and have no idea why.

qazqazqaz.2098

Kurr, so much for the constructive feedback. Knew you were a troll who will try to insult in the end, I was right.

On topic: megaservers will actually allow more people to try out events like teq and wurm when they move/change the schedule, more than ever before. Teq could be organized by 3~ commanders and it will succeed, saw it today and it was awesome. Wurm on the other hand will take way more organization and I don’t think it will be possible for random people.

Kurr.4179

Kurr, so much for the constructive feedback. Knew you were a troll who will try to insult in the end, I was right.

On topic: megaservers will actually allow more people to try out events like teq and wurm when they move/change the schedule, more than ever before. Teq could be organized by 3~ commanders and it will succeed, saw it today and it was awesome. Wurm on the other hand will take way more organization and I don’t think it will be possible for random people.

If you want to play on a t1-2 server IE a server with maxed maps and tons of players, then you GUESTED TO ONE OF THOSE.

Now we are all forced to play on t1-2 servers, except they are all overflows. But it’s ok, apparently we are trolls for not wanting to play on t1-2 servers.

And you think the people organizing Teq are happy? They are kittened off that they are now flooded with zerglings that don’t listen while they have no way of bringing together their community together to do it like they’ve been doing for months.

Just look at this thread. Several Teq fails for the first time since november. Atrocious.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

If you want to read a more positive outlook on the Megaserver, check out the subreddit for GW2. People are rigorously downvoting all posts which dare to imply even the slightest that MS could use a tune-up.

timmyf.1490

If you want to read a more positive outlook on the Megaserver, check out the subreddit for GW2. People are rigorously downvoting all posts which dare to imply even the slightest that MS could use a tune-up.

Have you considered that’s because, overall, the Megaserver is popular? And maybe the forums are over-representing a very vocally angry minority?

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Then those people voicing a negative opinion in map-chat must be of course an illusion. I am not pretending that everyone is unhappy, but that “vocal minority” thing is just another way to tell people they do not matter.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Have you considered that’s because, overall, the Megaserver is popular? And maybe the forums are over-representing a very vocally angry minority?

But you can make the same case for Reddit. Have you considered that it represents a vocal happy minority that likes it a lot? I would still claim that the absolute majority of the players doesn’t even know or care that there is a Megaserver.

As I said previously, ANet is aware that there are issues, and I feel like a lot of people are frustrated with the lack of communication. I don’t want to see the MS as a black-or-white solution where you either have to love it or denounce it. (or any other controversial update.) It’s important to me that ANet is aware of the issues, wants to improve it and acknowledges that their systems are not working perfectly as intended.

I’m always a bit vary on forum attitudes where even legitimate concerns are filed under “angry mob minority”. Personally, I sure wouldn’t be here writing this message after midnight if I didn’t care about the game or the recent changes.

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

LOL Not surprising on Reddit, full of fanboys I guess.

I’ve not seen a single friend/nor guildie after being online for 4 hours in the “same” areas as they. Feeling quite alone in the world of Tyria, despite there being a ton of people around. ::sigh::
Shatterer went down in maybe 5 minutes – what a joke – no challenge whatsoever. Fondly remember 4 of us working on Tequatl (before his change) in the early morning for a half hour before anyone showed up – the “good old days”
Had really wanted to continue role playing, but that is a no go since megaservers. Was even willing to spend the 30$ to transfer to TC, but that transfer is meaningless anyway, since they are split up anyways.
One request for Anet is that the higher nodes be placed on all servers in the same place. It would make it much easier to get a routine down, or route if you will, for all my 80’s to take. The grinding to outfit 14 level 80’s is annoying enough, without having to hunt down the nodes on every single server. Change them up with updates, like before NP And Anet does have the capabilities (or had before when I’d be placed into overflows at FGS) to regulate how much Ori & Ancient wood a player gathers.
Would love to back with my own peeps again, but that isn’t going to happen.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: vaporized.4612

vaporized.4612

I think it’s important to keep server indentity in the Capitals for recruitment or to strengthen the server community. Megaserver is fine on the open maps.

About the world bosses?

Let them spawn every 3 hrs. Alot of people can’t fight them anymore because they have a job or other real life stuff.

I hope Anet will give a response soon.

qazqazqaz.2098

German community manager already answered many of the concerns, they do acknowledge the issues and are working on fixing it.

But I didn’t notice that many personally. It puts me in the same megaserver with my party members unless the map is hardcapped of course, guildies should probably have a higher priority for matching together, had a bit of spread on that one.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Personal Opinion:

I like the megaserver concept. I mean really really like it. But, I think that this turkey needed some more time in the oven before it was served. Remember that under cooked poultry is dangerous…

Some concerns:

1) Increasing player density in the open world is a mixed blessing in a game where particle effects obscure the playing field all too often.

2) The impact on the RP community. Seriously this is a group of players that are among the least demanding in any game I have played. They make their own content at no cost to you ANet !

3) The game does not seem to handle large numbers of players in a single area as well as it should if such is going to be the standard.

Some kudos:

1) More people to play with.

2) Events not played in a year are seeing activity.

Some Hopes:

1) Give us an option to ignore other players’ particle effects.

2) Add an RP flag for map assignment prioritization.

3) Ongoing optimization improvements.

Posted by: Feycat.4370

Feycat.4370

That’s not true, most of the people on the sub are split about 50-50 on the issue.

Game enjoyment increases as time spent on the forums decreases.

Posted by: Xhax.5306

Xhax.5306

A majority of the people I have talked to in game love the mega servers. I personally have no issues with them either. Just figured I’d voice a positive opinion. I love being able to find people to do events with and the amount of people that actually show up makes it feel like an mmo again. I’m having a blast and hope they don’t change a thing.

Zanshin.5379

Megaservers work in NA where you all speak english.
They don’t work in EU because we speak several languages.

Please remove the megaservers from the EU.

Zanshin.5379

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Saw spanish today, with an english client—so no it doesn’t work in NA.