Feedback/Questions: MegaServer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Catori Tokala.6581

Catori Tokala.6581

The Idea:

Locking onto a single individual (like a guild leader, or a friend’s party not of your own)

The Explanation:

As a 500 member guild who LOVES to do guild missions, we have a LOT of trouble going between maps. Why not make it 100% easier for all guilds to instantly travel to the correct map?!

Step 1: Lock to individual (like a guild leader)

Step 2: After locking, that individual moves to another map (ANY map they want of course…)

Step 2(1/2): When that individual moves, calculate how many people are locked to that individual. If there are too many locked than that map can currently fit, create another overflow or fit in another already made overflow that’ll allow all to travel.

Step 3: After travel, everyone who locked, may then travel to that map (walking, waypointing, whatever…) Automatically joining that person’s instance. AS IF EVERYONE WAS IN A PARTY… ONE GIANT PARTY… that would solve many issues pertaining to guilds and friends.

One issue isn’t solved however… the RPers, and the people who have no specific people to “lock”. Assuming there’s more than 20 people locked, it would be difficult fitting that guild into a map and still allowing fun for the friendless person hiding behind that rock over there.

Well, why not make it a HIGHER CAP. Yes, a higher cap for each instance. So what, it’ll cause easy kills for world bosses and whatever else that’s thrown into PvE…

The RPers still are left out in my well-thought out idea… But here’s a basic plan.

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

Higher cap will make Living Story messy imo. But I guess that depends on how they implement the upcoming LS season.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

2) People leave the game and populations start to stabilize (which is already happening)

For as long as there is enough people to fill a single map, the situation won’t improve at all, I’m afraid. The system will always keep the full load, because bugger us and everything we love.

The suggestion of HIGHER caps is so absurd I don’t even have strength to reply to it…

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

(edited by Asmodeus.5782)

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

https://de.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-WM3KSBG/
Results of my survey after 24h

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

You had any doubts about the result?

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Asmodeus.5782

The last facebook post about the megaserver has been quickly filled with heavy bashing of it. And then some swift moderation occurred. ;>

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I didn’t expect any different results – this was not a fair survey – this is like asking the NRA if they like guns.

You loaded the survey one way and you are now going to say this proves that A.Net should remove the mega-servers. it proves nothing other than the people who frequent this forum don’t like it. People who like them usually don’t frequent a whine forum.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Megaservers are alright; what we really need is districts, a la GW1. I’m pretty certain that was a megaserver system, but it allowed you to pick which megaserver you were on, which was nice.

I get that the new system will supposedly always put you in the same instance as your friends / guildies, but why forcibly automate something so trivial when players could just as easily make sure of it themselves?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

pessimist.7294

I didn’t expect any different results – this was not a fair survey – this is like asking the NRA if they like guns.

You loaded the survey one way and you are now going to say this proves that A.Net should remove the mega-servers. it proves nothing other than the people who frequent this forum don’t like it. People who like them usually don’t frequent a whine forum.

Ofc this only represent the people who are using the forum. I just wanted to see how many on the forums like/dislike the Megaservers since I got 50% positive answers and 50% negative answers if i ask this on mapchat.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

The last facebook post about the megaserver has been quickly filled with heavy bashing of it. And then some swift moderation occurred. ;>

My post is still at the top, so the moderators aren’t overzealous at least.

(edited by GuzziHero.2467)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

My post is still at the top, so the moderators aren’t overzealous at least.

I saw your post and it was really not bashing so why would they delete it?

yes, I spend more time on FB than in game these days

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

That picture was a bit insulting. After poorly announced roll-out and so many concerns and issues pointed out by guilds and communities, and after people leaving, without a significant communication about those concerns and the future, writing a head-in-the-sand “Megaserver is great, all glory to the Hypnotoad” post is just ridiculous.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

I was convinced that the picture was meant to be satirical. The title was written in an ominous way like the “Megaserver, king of all servers” was meant to be the ultimate monster to slay. Tequatl asking “Busy day?” was the cherry on the top, considering how he only shows himself 3 times a day for 15 mins each… I was hoping it was fan-made, a fun criticism that A-net took with a light heart and wanted to show people…

The moment of dread when i had to realize that its an actual advertisment of the darn thing…

GuzziHero.2467

I saw your post and it was really not bashing so why would they delete it?

yes, I spend more time on FB than in game these days

General negativity, I guess. Mind you I don’t know if the people who run the FB page are even devs, so that could be it.

I feel instantly popular with all the Likes for it, mind you

Posted by: Lanhelin.3480

Lanhelin.3480

A strange thing happens when teleporting often on a map.

This frequently happens to me (and was confirmed by another player in the german general forum) when I often teleport to way points on a map without leaving the map: during the loading time another instance of the map seems to be created with very few players and me in it. There is no message that announces the creation of a different map (like it was in the past regarding overflow).
It’s obvious especially when I follow eg. the train in Queensdale, suddenly after a few teleports the train is gone, or rather I am gone. First it’s not apparent, only when facing the next Champ and being just in two or three, then I know it did happen again. I can get back to the/a train after leaving the zone and porting back or logging out and in again, but it’s nevertheless a strange thing.
Using a way point and during the waiting time in the loading screen a background mechanism seems to count me out of map population, then to count me back and when at this moment the total number of players on this map exceeds a certain limit, another instance of the map is created. So there seems to be no difference between players who already are on a map or who are “new”, teleporting there from another zone.

This mechanism should be changed to not seperate players who are just using way point teleports.

Posted by: Irkie.8034

Irkie.8034

When I first read about the move to megaservers I was thrilled honestly. I always felt it was a random occurrence to run into another player in the field, I like to see a more “alive” world now. I did however experience the downside this past weekend, boss zerg train. I honestly didn’t even realize what had happened, I was just going through an event chain in the Harathi lands and before you know it there are about 100 people just pounding on this world boss. He was defeated without much trouble really, think I died only once and after that all was well. Sure it was nice to get some loot that did not even help me out(like usual), but the challenge just wasn’t there. When I fight a boss of that magnitude I want people to die, not just sit back, spam a few skills and call it a day. Please bring some challenge to PvE as right now its a pretty mindless zerg fest.

Posted by: Axiom.9742

Axiom.9742

I believe they should have allowed a selection of servers to remain non-mega such as the higher population servers, then allow either new or re-purposed lower pop servers to be tagged as MEGA, allowing new users to start in a mega, and then transfer as they wish to a non-mega. (maybe I’m biased being TC, lol ).

As it is, I’ve practically quit playing; going from 6+ hours a day down to under 30min. If I log-in I’m promptly DC’d within a short time anyway. The communities really feel like they’ve been steamrolled over. Between the loss of community (don’t run into any TC friends), inability to hit the same instances with guild mates or even my wife, and then throw in the actual bugs, this feels like the ESO beta all over again but much worse considering GW2 was already doing some great things.

As a developer and designer, I get Megaserver and Cloud are the catchphrases of the year, but in the current state, to still call dynamically swapping players around musical instances a Megaserver is a marketing lie (make sure Megaserver has a little TM and an asterisk after it I suppose), leaving users with fewer options and more problems. It really feels like they purchased a 3rd party implementation, such as whoever coded the bugged Zenimax one for ESO, and then forced it into GW2.

Rather than copying or buying into the latest greatest marketing craze, time and money would have been better spent investing in their own platform and content. The idea may work great for low-pop servers, but it should never have been forced across the board, and marketing should have NEVER uttered the word Megaserver, esp in light of the ESO rollout which was focused on the term. Rather than setting GW2 apart it seems their own marketing gave up and decided to just try a cash grab with the competition’s mojo.

(edited by Axiom.9742)

GuzziHero.2467

Just logged into DR, and out, and back in. No RP to be found, despite being on TC.

Night ruined from an RP perspective. Mission accomplished, Anet!

pessimist.7294

I miss the good old district system….

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

I’ve posted on here before and said my two cents but there is something else I would like to add. Doing certain heart tasks for world completion are much more frustrating with the mega server. Of the 5 or so people there, everyone was trying to compete with that one specific target. Because or or maybe more were level 80’s, the target went down in one hit or two. These specific heart tasks are just that much more frustrating to do. I used to enjoy doing the world completion to a certain extent but no, not anymore.

Like I said, this is only one problem to many others that I have written about in the past. I really wish that ArenaNet would listen to their members here. Well… maybe they are but they could potentially just not give two craps.

I realize that there is a minority that enjoy the mega server. In a ‘perfect world’, this mega server would be optional so those that like it can join it and those that dislike it can opt out of it. Strangely enough, this ‘perfect world’ could very well happen but I whole-heartedly believe that ArenaNet could not care less about their consumers anymore.

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

2) People leave the game and populations start to stabilize (which is already happening)

For as long as there is enough people to fill a single map, the situation won’t improve at all, I’m afraid. The system will always keep the full load, because bugger us and everything we love.

The suggestion of HIGHER caps is so absurd I don’t even have strength to reply to it…

They need the cap to be high enough to allow full guilds to be on the same map. That’s one of the big complaints against megaservers right now.

They should also weight unguilded populations toward… well, a minimum population for merging servers, but keeping people from the same server all on the same map as much as possible.

One of the advantages Megaservers has over a traditional server merge/split is that it can be done dynamically to improve population where it needs to be improved in either direction – Mid-level areas are usually abandoned even on high-pop servers, while beginning zones, capitals, and end-game areas are overcrowded. Megaservers allows enough mid-level zones to be merged to give a good population of adventurers, while splitting normally-crowded zones to give people breathing space.

I do think capital cities should remain server-specific, though.

Maybe there should be (If there isn’t already), values of “Minimum” (If a zone would have fewer than this number, it’s automatically merged with another), “Target”(Population that is “just right”, with shards merging and splitting as efficiently as possible to hit this target without inconveniencing the players by splitting friends or servermembers, and servermembers are split as rarely as possible), “High”(Shard gets split above this point, but still keep guilds and parties intact), and “Hardcap” (Technical upper limit. Should be nearly impossible to reach without a fluke)

(edited by Sartharina.3542)

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

Stripping away every bit of ‘home’ that servers ever had was a huge mistake, a grave oversight that will have long-term negative results on the longevity of the game.

If you want a ‘realm vs realm’ game, then you need to have realms. This isn’t rocket science.

What they really need is more districts, and lower soft caps, plus a way for people to select between them. That way organized groups can at least do their thing without having to /log out /quit /get frustrated over what should be a simple operation.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

In a few words.
Lag lag lag.Especially in boss fights the servers can’t cope with the zergs.
Babel.Multilanguage servers…
Merges were needed not this megamonstrosity.
If this system is served to us as megaservice then All is Vain.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

It’s like the Devs left their connection with reality in China.

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

First, Guild Wars 2 is the best MMO online. The only thing that would make it better would be to allow me to script and content create.

Having said that I am having trouble after the MegaServer got started.

I generally run with graphics set for best performance and haven’t had too much trouble even in default graphics.

Post megaserver, I am seeing my inputs ignored for up to 30 seconds at a time. My skills do not activate and I cannot f key interact. When the interaction returns, the server resolves all npc and other player actions before it resolves mine, so I will be jogging down the road and die for no apparent reason of wounds from an enemy I never saw.

If I happen to be fighting when this begins. I take all incoming damage and conditions BEFORE anything I do is resolved. Few toons can withstand 10 seconds or more of giving a mob free shots.

Depending on the map I’m travelling in I may see this happen multiple times in an hour or not see it at all. Anywhere in the vicinity of Queensdale seems to be the most difficult

The issue has been worse on weekend days and is often associated with a “train” coming into an area.

I’ve seen similar in WvW where we can sometimes tell the enemy is approaching as we start to freeze and see a dramatic frame rate drop. One of our opponents in particular this season consistently runs in large mobs. Our little groups of defenders know they are coming well before they are visible because of the lag they induce.

Mesmerising Girl

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Just add an option somewhere, “Logon to homeworld”. That’d solve the problems with RP and guild missions while keeping the option of large scale world pugging open. No hassle, no complicated algorithms that will never be perfect, when one wants to RP or do guild missions, torn on “Logon to homeworld” and when one wants to pug bosses in the open world, turn it off.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

They should take the megaservers once step more and make them districts with the ability for us to just selected one. Would make setting up stuff for guilds soo much easier.

Or they need to just revert the whole megaserver changes and make it a popup like the ones to go to home server map/wvw maps, which instead of taking you to the home map, it would ask if you wanted to go to an underflow map. It would basically do the same thing as megaserver (group more people together instead of having empty maps) while still allowing us to go back to being able to easily congregate on a single map (mainly guilds, doing stuff like teq/wurm), and it would allow them to go back to not having the world bosses spawns so spread out.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Asmodeus.5782

One of the advantages Megaservers has over a traditional server merge/split is that it can be done dynamically to improve population where it needs to be improved in either direction – Mid-level areas are usually abandoned even on high-pop servers, while beginning zones, capitals, and end-game areas are overcrowded. Megaservers allows enough mid-level zones to be merged to give a good population of adventurers, while splitting normally-crowded zones to give people breathing space.

The Cursed Shore on Piken Square has become twice/thrice as crowded as it used to be before the introduction of the megaoverflow. And it never had any kind of shortage of people, mind you. The balance you describe is just not there. The system just stuffs as many people as it can into one zone, period.

William S. Burroughs

(edited by Asmodeus.5782)

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I’ll say it again because everyday I see problems with this: Please take a good look at EU servers and realize that you cannot put germans, french, spanish, etc… on the same servers. It doesn’t work. People keep talking in their own language and we can’t understand each other.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I’ll say it again because everyday I see problems with this: Please take a good look at EU servers and realize that you cannot put germans, french, spanish, etc… on the same servers. It doesn’t work. People keep talking in their own language and we can’t understand each other.

Trust me, we don’t want it on the NA servers either. True the language thing doesn’t exist, but we dislike it a lot too.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Amethyst Rose.4367

Amethyst Rose.4367

I hope they do something with the patch the list of problems just keeps growing and it is making playing less and less appealing.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Merges were needed not this megamonstrosity.
If this system is served to us as megaservice then All is Vain.

Megaservers right now are overaggressive in implementation, but mere server merges have a problem of leaving mid-level areas abandoned with high-level areas overpopulated, which Megaservers does fix (They only need to merge two servers for starting areas, but might merge five of six for mid-level areas. Hub areas might find themselves split)

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

It is still ridiculous when 2 people are in a party and they get split up when wp-ing from Malchor’s Leap to Cursed Shore while doing map completion. LOL

Reading patch notes, Anet has not even addressed the Megaserver issues with RP, Guilds & MIssions, etc. let alone party splitting. I truly miss my server and server pride, being online with guldies at events without a huge hassle getting everyone in the same MS. by the time taxis are done, the event we were aiming for is over. ::sigh::

I absolutely loved GW2 and would be more than willing to go back in time to a year ago, when it was fun (less lucrative perhaps but more fun.) Pre-ascended, pre-talk of legendary gear (i.e. grind), pre-shaky box, pre-achievement chests. Players were more congenial, rezzed NPC’s as well as players, and seemed to care more about the game than the loot they were getting. Jungle Wurm, trying to rez, yet dying myself despite the 50+ players there – not a one tried to rez anyone. Sad days indeed…

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

I think instead of forcing megaserver on the entire GW2 population for open world maps, there should be a daily rotation of servers that count as megaserver “primary”, megaserver “enabled”, and megaserver “excluded”.

Everyday, one of the 24 (for North America) servers should count as the primary megaserver, meaning it’s the default server that everyone gets shuffled into for all maps. There will be no guest access to the primary server, first come first served basis by default.

Seventeen more servers will be designated megaserver enabled, and act sort of like overflows.

If the primary megaserver is at capacity, remaining players (that don’t specify a guest slot) will be evenly distributed throughout the enabled servers, rather than just filling up one at a time possibly leaving a few full and many empty.

For example, if 1,000 people are trying to do Shadow Behemoth concurrently, the primary megaserver will be filled to 100, while the remaining 900 players are split between the enabled servers resulting in roughly 52 to 53 players on each of the 17 servers. Guesting will be restricted to two slots of the 17 enabled megaservers for that particular day. This ensures that people who want the “zerg” experience while still also partying with friends have a very good chance of getting into the same map due to the fact that each enabled server should have plenty of cap space left because of the automatic even distribution.

Six of the 24 North American servers would be left open for unrestricted guesting. This leaves a lot of room for guilds to make coordinated efforts against bounties and world bosses such as Tequatl and Tri-Wurm. Since guesting slots will be unrestricted on these six servers, large guilds will have plenty of time to find the right server to funnel most, if not all, of their players into the same map before an event.

The world selection screen should color code each server to clearly demonstrate which is the primary megaserver, which are the enabled servers, and which are excluded for that particular day.

This gives players that prefer to solo farm/roam and have uncontested access to events etc. plenty of options to find a low population server to do so. It also allows guilds a much better chance of doing world bosses and bounties solely with guild mates or with only a few random strangers.

Since each day a different server will act as the default primary megaserver, all of them will be host to a large playerbase even in the typically desolate zones at least 1-2 days a month. Anet will have to use their data and one of their math/algorithm whizzes to come up with a rotation that ensures all servers spend an equal amount of time as megaserver primary, enabled, and excluded.

Miners will have access to at least eight zones to gather their materials due to the six unrestricted guest servers and two restricted ones with this system. If this is deemed too much, node respawn time can be adjusted accordingly, to say, once every three hours instead of hourly.

I think this offers an option for pretty much every type of player, whether they prefer solo roaming, guild raiding, or meeting other players randomly anywhere they might go, rather than forcing a certain experience on everybody regardless.

Also, the 1 : 17 : 6 ratio of servers is just an example, obviously Anet should have data on the upper levels of concurrent players doing world bosses at peak hours and can come up with a ratio better adjusted to the numbers.

(edited by SKATE.1394)

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

First, Guild Wars 2 is the best MMO online.

Nope. In your opinion it is. Not for everybody.

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

Would pay gems for a devpost about the megaserver.

NSP Why bother?….

Posted by: Babow.1952

Babow.1952

Don’t give them any ideas. :P
……though I definitely would too. At least some acknowledgement that this 39 page+ forum exists, please??

Posted by: Spiral.3724

Spiral.3724

No kidding, eh? Would love some acknowledgement.

I believe the consensus is megaserver = badly implemented idea.

I don’t think it’s a question of the people who like megaserver just not speaking up. I think it truly that the megaserver idea has too many flaws for the player base to accept it, and they have been vocal about their displeasure, AND quite constructive in their criticism. There are many great ideas and fixes for the megaserver.

So why are we being ignored by ANet?

Spiral Madheart – Level 80 Mesmer
The Wrong Crowd [bAd] Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

So why are we being ignored by ANet?

Perhaps at one point a friend of yours, or even you yourself, has been in a relationship where the other just didn’t have the courage to break up so they just stopped calling.

Well… ANet is busy having relations with China right now.

I’m sorry western world, we’re just not as bountiful as we used to be.

NSP Why bother?….

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Though I’m happy with a couple things in the latest patch/update – I’m not going to just forget the issues I have with your 4/15 Feature Pack, ArenaNet. Mainly Megaservers and the boss timer schedule system. Some of us may just let it go, may even forget about the issues that had them riled up a month ago, but I am not among that crowd.

If I don’t hear back from you all soon… I’ll prolly have to retire from the game. I’m sure there will be people that will go, “Boo hoo. Now give me your stuff.” I don’t care about them. I care about this game but I can’t take it the way it is any longer. Its not fun at present. The people I play with are the only reason I log in each day and many of them are beyond frustrated too. We have nearly 2000 posts in this thread alone and all you people have cared to respond with is a , “We’re busy.”

Not good enough.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

GuzziHero.2467

Now that the traits have been changed and this act has assuaged (but not removed) my irritation on that level, two issues still remain.

1- I can log into Divinity’s Reach as many times as I want at US prime time and 8/10 times I will not be on the same overflow as most of my server’s players. Being Tarnished Coast, this ruins any chance of roleplaying in the small window of opportunity that I already have.

2- The complete lack of comment and therefore regard by the developers on all these issues is a major concern. If I found a defect or issue with any company’s product and contacted them with my concerns, I would expect a reply within, at most, a week.

We are now on, what, 37 or 38 days after the feature patch, and we have received no realistic support or comment on these issues.

Posted by: Devilsown.9376

Devilsown.9376

I’ve definitely simplified the way it actually works with the above description. A more accurate way of putting it would be to say that when you travel/log-in to a map, the game finds the best instance to put you in at that time.

The game did not do that!!!

I joind cursed shore with Thief and watched a big Zerg running Bosses, something I really missed since the release of the Megaserversystem. So I changed immediately to my Farm-Char (all possible MF-Booster active) and joined CS again. But there was no Zerg, even there wasn’t a Commander. So I relogged and joined again: Other Megaserver, Com on the map, but only a small Zerg. That was not I searched for, so I stoped this and changed back to my Thief and what I found? The big Zerg I watched at the beginning.

That happend not even once, it happend many times.

That really hurts, because Boss-Farming with a random Zerg is my favorite activity at GW2!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yesterday I had my first real MegaServer experience (I mainly PvP and WvW) in the Pavilion.

And for some reason more or less every single guild or commander in that map were from my server, Aurora Glade.
So clearly the system DOES take server and such into account, despite what people in this thread seems to claim.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Morrigan.2809

Yesterday I had my first real MegaServer experience (I mainly PvP and WvW) in the Pavilion.

And for some reason more or less every single guild or commander in that map were from my server, Aurora Glade.
So clearly the system DOES take server and such into account, despite what people in this thread seems to claim.

You were very very lucky.
I am from GH and I see people from AG , Deso, Gendarra etc etc.
yesterday a friend of mine whispered me and we joined up- we didn’t even land in the same megaserver.
I had to join him twice before we got to the same spot, of course when I switched characters for the gauntlet the musical chairs started agian -.-

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Very strange, consider yourself very lucky.

I got split from my guildies (even party members, and surprise surprise, hardcap!), didn’t see my familiar server tags and even encountered some good ol’ server bashing (of gold league, I’m bronze lol) in the light of a new end of the WvW tournament.
Then I gave up on the Pavillion, as with poor rewards and without guildies / server allies to play with, it isn’t worth playing.

I’d only pay gems to see it removed.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

Morrigan.2809

Amen brother hallelujah!!

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

I finally know what people are complaining about. Because the QD train was killed. I went at did some champs in FGS. Well, Claw was up, so we started doing that. We were doing fine. Getting stuff killed, reviving and getting his health down. Then at about 20%, I got disconnected.

I logged back in, and the Claw event wasn’t even going on. About 15 minutes of hard work down the drain. Pathetic.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: AdaephonDelat.3890

AdaephonDelat.3890

I’m also from AG and I generally end up in a mainly AG related map (not tried the pavilion yet though). Perhaps the system just really likes us and our server? I mean I can understand why….. :-P

[BAD] a casual PvE guild on Aurora Glade.
http://bad-eu.guildlaunch.com
The Family Deuce. Asuran Adventure Specialists.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Very strange, consider yourself very lucky.

I got split from my guildies (even party members, and surprise surprise, hardcap!), didn’t see my familiar server tags and even encountered some good ol’ server bashing (of gold league, I’m bronze lol) in the light of a new end of the WvW tournament.
Then I gave up on the Pavillion, as with poor rewards and without guildies / server allies to play with, it isn’t worth playing.

Maybe this was their plan all along? ;-)

But seriously, the next LS should be a voting release like Kiel vs. Evon. We vote for or against the mega-server. The tally can be seen in game so no funny business goes on with Anet fudging the numbers. They could add in all sorts of activities so that you can get tokens to vote with.

I would grind so hard to get tokens to fill the “Get rid of MegaServer” box.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

But seriously, the next LS should be a voting release like Kiel vs. Evon. We vote for or against the mega-server. The tally can be seen in game so no funny business goes on with Anet fudging the numbers. They could add in all sorts of activities so that you can get tokens to vote with.

I would grind so hard to get tokens to fill the “Get rid of MegaServer” box.

Yeah, and when the voting is over people will just accept the result, no matter what it is, right?

It is fully possible for them to change the numbers even if they are visible if they wanted to, so that wouldn’t really work either (and people unhappy with the result would use that as an argument as well).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square