Feedback/Questions: The Megaserver System: World Bosses and Events

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

I absolutely hate what will happen to Waypoints.

I have always very much disliked the cost of waypoints, as I use them a LOT. Now it seems I’ll be forced to sit through loading screen after loading screen if I want to travel somewhere? That’s crap.

And don’t tell me that repair being free balances that out. No, it doesn’t. I very rarely die from enemies in PvE, and I don’t play much WvW at all. Even when I do, I roll with the zerg.

On average, I use a repair service maybe once a week. I use waypoints 10-15 times a day.

If you make these stupid changes to waypoints, at least do away with the cost. If not that, then do away with paying for waypointing within the map you’re in (like traveling inside cities).

(edited by Minami Kaori.2548)

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

A few answers:

• Gathering nodes are still randomized on every map instance.

Gathering is an important part of income for many players, this change now negates it and the use of infinite gathering tools that you sell.

You cannot expect people to run around trying to find these nodes everytime they enter the map if they change locations constantly.

I do not know the impact such a change will have on the economy, but the supply of these gatherable materials will surely plummet when these maps will be affected by your megaserver implantation.

I humbly suggest you try to find a solution to this. Me, being quite an hardcore gatherer for a long time, this change completly kittens me over.

This certainly sounds ridiculous to me at least. I go to a map, see the nodes on the minimap and go get them. It’s not rocket science, and if you’re trying to make it rocket science you’re doing it wrong.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

For dungeon goers, it is hard to get into COF & COE in the middle of the night. it is annoying enough that you have to guest to another open server, but now this function will soon be useless…

Make the gate stays open all the time regardless of gate event, please. i am tired of doing those events everyday.

Posted by: Shepherd.5839

Shepherd.5839

Definitely do not like the new world bosses schedule. No one who plays this game has the same schedule. What this will guarantee is that say people who get out of work at 19:00 Eastern time will miss the event and will have absolutely no chance to do it again unless they get into a guild that lines up consumables for it. I’m already not a totally happy person about them breaking into megaservers because Blackgate I feel had developed a strong community which will now be exclusive to WvW. But changing the boss spawns to only three times a day? Guess I won’t be doing Tequatl anymore. Can’t possible make those times.

What everyone else seems to be saying too, and I completely agree with, locking contested waypoints is a terrible idea. If you must, absolutely must lock contested waypoints they you also must remove all waypoint costs. It could cost only 10-20 copper more to choose the splintered coast waypoint over the quaggan village waypoint. But if I have to use the quaggan one first I’m forced to double my costs. This is ridiculous.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

So does this mean that a guild could in theory do a world boss train? Meaning they can just spawn the bosses whenever they are done with the previous one and move on to the next one?
If that’s the case, at least make a long CD on the activation so they can’t be spammed.

It is only for the big 3 bosses, not the others. additionally it takes merits to activate which are limited to 5(?) a week and have an overall cap for 250, so that will limit the amount they can spam.

max merits per week is 110, dont know if defeating the guys will award merits or how much merits it will reward.
we also dont know how much it will cost.
TTS though has like uhh 4 guilds though so, they could theoretically spam it. The problem comes though that it takes like 2 or 3 months to unlock everything.
This can be circumvented via massive influence, but with influence counting on main world, not sure how this will work out.

The other method for circumventing is massive gold spending, which might not be too bad for a TTS like guild, but then your going to get into the politics that GW was trying to avoid where its like, how much did you contribute to this guild etc.

Posted by: Pedroso.4603

Pedroso.4603

And don’t tell me that repair kit being free balances that out. No, it doesn’t. I very rarely die from enemies in PvE, and I don’t play much WvW at all. Even when I do, I roll with the zerg.

And it really doesn’t because they are nerfing the champ bags, which means that in general we will spend more gold and receive less. A-MA-ZING.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Because mining the ore on one character and then immediately switching to another character to mine the exact same ore is an exploit. Plain and simple. It doesn’t make sense logically, or RP wise or anything. Randomizing makes much more sense. It’s just that people are upset they can’t gather in the same places over and over.

All IMHO of course.

There are permanent rich ore node locations on most maps. Your “opinion” is just plain, factually incorrect within the scope of the game.

Posted by: Enzo.3906

Enzo.3906

Lankybrit returned to the game after a year hiatus, I doubt he knows what he is talking about since he didn’t even play the game for a long time.

JQ Spy working for Blackgate Karma Train Division

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

And since you can’t farm world bosses or nodes anymore, you’ll be making WAY less gold. I hope everyone who liked free armor repairs is happy. The price of EVERYTHING is going to skyrocket.

Posted by: HerrDoktor.3490

HerrDoktor.3490

There are so many cons to this that I’d rather not have the megaserver system rolled out at all. There’s not enough to justify what little good it would do.

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

And since you can’t farm world bosses or nodes anymore, you’ll be making WAY less gold. I hope everyone who liked free armor repairs is happy. The price of EVERYTHING is going to skyrocket.

You forgot to mention that the waypoint fees are basically doubling since you’ll have to teleport twice if coming from an outside map.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Tasty Pudding.3764

Tasty Pudding.3764

For dungeon goers, it is hard to get into COF & COE in the middle of the night. it is annoying enough that you have to guest to another open server, but now this function will soon be useless…

Make the gate stays open all the time regardless of gate event, please. i am tired of doing those events everyday.

With the megaserver, everyone will be using the same map to get into CoF or CoE. They will always be open or in the process of being opened.

Minami Kaori.2548

Also, contesting waypoints for dungeons is as ridiculous as it always has been. It’s not by accident that people try to get around it by guesting to other servers.

If you MUST have dungeon entrances locked by events, at least make those events happen only a few times a day! As it is right now, CoF entrance gets locked in shorter time than it takes to complete a path. You want to reenter and do another path after a 10 minute break? Too bad, you have to complete this kittenty 30 minute event first. EVERY TIME.

Gah.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

The rigid world boss timetable is godawful, seems forced, rigid, unappealing and just straight uncomfortable. The loss of the Orr temple mechanics is sad, it was cool to think we’re freeing the positive energy of one of the gods, now it’s being simplified, almost removed completely. The contested waypoints thing? Sure, everybody want to pay up and watch yet another loading screen.

The previous announcement set off a few warning signals in my head. This one confirms it – things are getting worse. And as it turns out now, not only for roamers who want to kill champions in teams of maximum 2, to preserve the modicum of challenge in the open world. This system needs a gazillion of tweaks before being implemented, really.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I just don’t like the fact Guilds do not earn nothing by triggering the World Bosses events, it could at least reward one decent amount of Influence to the guild, if the boss we did spawned succeeds.

And i really, really hope they fix the scaling on several bosses that die so fast we can’t just… run fast enough. World Bosses should be challenging, at this moment with zergs we just need to be there quiet with auto-attack.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

People who are advocating for private servers and who feel that using the overflow and dead worlds as private playgrounds for their guilds need to remember something. These were designed as open world events.

Triple Wurm was absolutely not designed as such. Even TTS has been having trouble taking it down lately by taxi-ing only members into a nearly “private” overflow. When the incorrect positioning of one or two people can be the difference between success or failure, it was not designed for casuals at all.

If ANet wants it to be doable, rebalance would be necessary. But the flip side of that is then the TTS community ceases to be needed and would probably not survive for very long. So what is the update about? Actually increasing social communities, or unintentionally killing them off?

Minami Kaori.2548

And don’t tell me that repair kit being free balances that out. No, it doesn’t. I very rarely die from enemies in PvE, and I don’t play much WvW at all. Even when I do, I roll with the zerg.

And it really doesn’t because they are nerfing the champ bags, which means that in general we will spend more gold and receive less. A-MA-ZING.

Exactly.

What are they planning to do to offset the double cost of waypointing now, given the waypoint travel cost will stay the same?

Loot dropping is abysmal enough as it is.

Posted by: Enzo.3906

Enzo.3906

No matter how much we complain, Anet has already went full steam ahead with this. There is no way they can change this and remove the scheduled metaevents. Very, very disappointed with this move.

JQ Spy working for Blackgate Karma Train Division

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Because anet totally gave us the choice. Yes we liked free armor repairs without the knowledge that waypoint costs were going to double or even triple and travel time would take longer.

Posted by: Izdubar.9540

Izdubar.9540

I guess I better enjoy my server’s World Boss Train until the game is nerfed.

I do not like this change. No, sir, not one bit.

My lack of gem purchases will reflect this.

Asmodeus.5782

Getting to care less, Enzo. A year of dedicated playing and heavy voluntary payments is enough, it would seem. From a game created with heart it gets to become something constructed by a efficiency-bent clerk. The changes will reduce the load on their hardware, that’s for sure. So will my moving on to a gazillion awesome titles coming out this year.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

And bosses start every 15 minutes. So if you haven’t finished Jormag, you can forget about Maw for another 5 hours.

This. In order to get boss chests at all, I see myself becoming a total slave to the timer for the 2 hours of play time I have each night… I guess I can get some of the dailies “on the way” or in between boos fights, but the reduced flexibility really interferes with WvW or PvP that I can’t just jump in and out of from minute to minute. I don’t see it being fun. I see it as being able to use my limited play time a lot less efficiently, thus getting less gaming out of it.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Can the 1 big chest per char, per day limit be removed now that these world bosses are limited?

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Blink.9361

Blink.9361

Anyone else feel like this idea contradicts the concept of “Living World” since now it’s on a schedule. The world will feel very restricted, especially with the time limit which further emphasizes the zerker meta.

I love the idea of a megaserver especially when levelling and in orr, but I completely disagree with how world bosses are being dealt with. The world boss train is going to be dryer than it ever was since we have the same order everyday.

And, what’s up with contested waypoint business? They remove repair costs because it was unnecessary punishment for dying, and now they actually increase our costs a lot by adding this in. I don’t like it, a solution would be to reduce the amount of waypoints that can be contested – it never made sense to me anyways.

Pedroso.4603

No matter how much we complain, Anet has already went full steam ahead with this. There is no way they can change this and remove the scheduled metaevents. Very, very disappointed with this move.

This is the end of GW2 to me. I was in a good hype with the game, new WvW season, ending of the LS and many other things, but i can’t take this Big Server thing. As i said before, i don’t want to play EVE online (only 1 server where you basically have to make gold to do anything), and oh, that’s exactly why i quit EVE after 3 months.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Liking almost everything about this, but waypoints should be made free.

Anyone else notice they snuck a “TBD” into the world boss rotation schedule

Im guessing that stands for “The Big Dragon.”

More likely To Be Determined.

It’s been confirmed to be “Tequatl’s Brother, Diego”.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Asmodeus.5782

Plus, they used the word ‘exciting’ thrice in the last 2 announcements again. Yay.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: kratospt.4185

kratospt.4185

I think that the intention of AN is good, HOWEVER it seems it will be badly implemented, first the schedule is awfull, like many said, many world bosses we won’t be able to do due to the timers…
About the big events such as tequalt, and wurm, i think if this megaserver goes foward, we won’t be able to do them anymore, specially the wurm that requeries alot of coordination and organization.
CoF and COE shouldn’t even be contested like Arah is nowadays!!!
So i hope AN won’t go foward with this megaserver thing…

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

With the megaserver, everyone will be using the same map to get into CoF or CoE. They will always be open or in the process of being opened.

From what i understood from the blog, there will be multiple copies of the same map and they are no longer labeled as home map of that world. what this do is i can’t use online tool to find out which server had that gate open and guesting is useless. also, more players on map doesn’t guarantee people will do those events, especially in the middle of night.

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

As I mentioned earlier, there are a few very easy to impliment suggestions that wuold address the majority of issues.
-Give ability for players to trigger world bosses at any time provided the required number of people is present in the area
—-This will remove any need for scheduling (if wanted, keep that as well)
—- It will allow small guilds and group of unguilded people to have access to events without need to wait on timer or large guilds
—-It will not lead to the increase in loot if you make all the loot from events once per day per account
-Reduce the cost of waypoints inside the same area to 0. This will fix the double waypoint cost issue introduced by the forced ‘contested’ waypoints.

Pedroso.4603

Plus, they used the word ‘exciting’ thrice in the last 2 announcements again. Yay.

But this is absolutely true! i’m now very excited to try other things than GW2, the goal is still the same, players having fun!

/sarcasm

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Anyone else feel like this idea contradicts the concept of “Living World” since now it’s on a schedule.

I do.

As for the mega boss fights… Oh well. It looks like they’ll be getting even harder. I guess I’ll get “Wurmicidal” out of the way asap and never step foot on the map again.

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Im just.. confused about a few things.

1) When i see the schedule, what time zone hours do i see? On the european region, i can be sorted into megaservers of 3-4 time zones, or just one unified timezone or… ? So how is that going to work, and how do i get to know for sure that when i log in to do a specific world boss that i like to do ON SCHEDULE, that it didnt happen on that megaserver an hour earlier or going to happen an hour later?

2) What about the world bosses that has more than just a single introductionary pre-event? Talking specificly about the Ulgoth here in Harathi Hinterlands, the best meta-event chain in the game hands down. Used to be that you could work up from the Forward Camp alone with just NPCs, and end up with a massive assault of players half an hour later, DYNAMICLY and seamlessly. Will the Ulgoth now spawn completely unrelated to where the meta-chain is at the moment? Or will the chain itself be halted for hours now? How is this an improvement to the dynamic event system? Is this practicly the end of full-map progressive dynamic event chains that were discussed some months ago? Way to go.

3) Orr. Just… Orr. The waypoint costs doubled, since you are forced to go to a permanent WP and then see if there is anything being done presently or if you just wasted your money and time going there. You cant see from the other maps if the temple WPs are locked, which was the best indicator that they are ready to be assaulted, or soon will be. Feels like another RNG added to the game that didnt need it. Also the Temples and the associated statues. While its not a game breaker because the statues themselves dont bother me too much, the ingame explanation to why we need to take those temples… is rendered stupid and/or useless. Doesnt make any sense. Lore swept out of the way to accomodate gameplay.

These megaservers seem to create more questions and issues than they solve. Feels like solving one problem (Overflows), Anet fell over to the other side of the horse with their solution and created another twelve problems.

Posted by: CowAbductionInc.9687

CowAbductionInc.9687

Right… where to begin?

I can’t be on twenty four hours a day and I don’t belong to, or want to be forced to join, a large guild that can invoke the world bosses. Also, smaller guilds still struggle with the insane costs for most of these unlocks – we’re already forced to join larger guilds just to play some of the game’s content and access the rewards.

So, I guess I can summarise it with two questions:
1) When will smaller guilds be able to do… anything?
2) Why do I always get the short straw with every update?

I hope we get some feedback on this; there are plenty of people (like myself) who prefer smaller guilds, yet if we want to get anything unlocked (we are still awaiting enough influence to begin guild missions) it’ll be months until it’s possible to pay for.

If you are going to wait long to unlock guild missions because your guild is small, then GM are not going to be a pleasant experience for you. A few things you can do with 5-10 people; most others, no chance. As a friendly suggestion, start considering a ‘small guild’ to be something a little bit bigger than you currently do…

Fair point. Maybe my complaint should then instead be that there isn’t enough small-guild oriented missions/activities offered, which is an issue for a different thread

Posted by: Malevil.2104

Malevil.2104

After reveal of all changes with megaserver, i honestly thing, these changes as whole package will make game worse , no better.
cons :
- traveling will be worse and more expensive
- world bosses fights will be worse, if you can actualy play during its spawn time …
- dungeon runs will be worse, because it might be real issue to find dungeon open …

pros :
+ better population in some maps

in between:
+/- guilds might be able spawn world bosses, question is, if they will be able to get all members into right overflow

As it stands, your proposed changes doesn’t make your game better, they make it worse.

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

This also concerns me. I only have a certain amount of time during the week to play the game and if you ever were to release a new world boss during a living story update, I would have to play it at a certain time.

In which case, Teq, Karka, and Wurm are all later at night so I would only be able to play during the weekend or when a guild were to kick it off (if they decide to do that). Doesn’t this timegate new content when it’s released so not everyone can enjoy it? With the current system, it happens often enough where people can enjoy it no matter their time.

I like the megaserver idea, I like repopulating old zones, and I like having guilds being able to queue events, but I believe you are cutting out part of your player base. The part that can’t do primetime and the part that does not have a guild or a guild that has no interest in world bosses (it can happen).

The double waypoint cost does also seem kind of steep. The champ trains and events are getting toned down on gold to compensate with the repair costs, but I use waypoints more than I repair.

Will there be a livestream Q&A to address a lot of these concerns? The one tomorrow seems to just be focusing on WvW and the Future

(edited by Outlaw.3421)

Posted by: grimnal.2796

grimnal.2796

I absolutely hate now that I’m forced to do these metaevents events on a schedule. I understand why you guys did it, but I really hate it.

Actually, they are taking the schedule away and giving control to us – through the guild event system.

Im hoping this is just the beginning for this kind of system. I LOVE this idea.

And for those of us who are not in big guilds? Or those of us not in guilds at all?

Do we simply not matter?

You people amaze me with your complaining. Its not like you can actually take out Tequatl without the help of a large guild.

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Read the Article. Anet, if you’re going through with these changes, remove Waypoint costs. That’s all I have to say.

Posted by: CowAbductionInc.9687

CowAbductionInc.9687

After reveal of all changes with megaserver, i honestly thing, these changes as whole package will make game worse , no better.
cons :
- traveling will be worse and more expensive
- world bosses fights will be worse, if you can actualy play during its spawn time …
- dungeon runs will be worse, because it might be real issue to find dungeon open …

pros :
+ better population in some maps

in between:
+/- guilds might be able spawn world bosses, question is, if they will be able to get all members into right overflow

As it stands, your proposed changes doesn’t make your game better, they make it worse.

“+/- guilds might be able spawn world bosses, question is, if they will be able to get all members into right overflow” – the megaservers take into account your guild and tries to place you into the same instance. If you get seperated, you have the option to join a friend in their server, so matching up with guildies shouldn’t be too difficult.

Not sure that travelling would be “worse”, but definitely there’s the possibility of it being more expensive if you need to port there just to find out something’s contested.

I was initially concerned when thinking about CoF, and how often it is contested. Now it’ll be contested when we show up, and we just spent silver to get there. On the flip side, though, with the megaserver system there will be more people in any given map, which (ideally) will encourage people to do the pre-event to unconctest CoF. As it is now, most people just Guest to find an open server, but if everyone is waiting on CoF to uncontest, there should be more people there to just get the pre-event done with so that CoF can open again.

I think the megaserver is a great concept, but has several points that need revision/clarification.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I absolutely hate now that I’m forced to do these metaevents events on a schedule. I understand why you guys did it, but I really hate it.

Actually, they are taking the schedule away and giving control to us – through the guild event system.

Im hoping this is just the beginning for this kind of system. I LOVE this idea.

And for those of us who are not in big guilds? Or those of us not in guilds at all?

Do we simply not matter?

You people amaze me with your complaining. Its not like you can actually take out Tequatl without the help of a large guild.

the problem is the biggest guilds for this content were cross server, and didnt require REPRESENT, which a lot of other guilds expect you to REP most of the time.

So a lot of guilds that actually organized to do these events, will not be able to do it, without becoming a different type of guild and decreasing player choice for different guilds for different content.

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

No matter how you look at it, this last update is totally awful..

Which explains why my first reaction was how awesome it sounded. Though my primary concern remains being the randomized gathering nodes.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I rather like the idea this update. Standardized timers for world events makes alot of sense. Although some of the spawn times on the bigger ones means I won’t be able to do them everyday, but I never did anyway, as NO ONE on my server EVER did teq, or KQ, or 3 headed jungle wurm.

I have seen a bunch of discontent concerning dungeons, and WP contestation. It makes sense to do it that way. How are you supposed to know whats going on in a zone without being there? If you travel to a contested WP, you are automatically moved to the nearest uncontested WP at no additional charge as it is. I don’t think thats going to change.

Dungeons: You travel to the dungeon, dungeon is locked. ON EVERY INSTANCE OF THE MAP!!! The server creates AN EXACT COPY of the map for all the servers. You don’t need to guest to another server to see if the dungeon is unlocked or not. And if it is locked, there will be enough players around to do the event quickly and unlock it. Then said dungeon will be unlocked on all instances of the map.

It’s all laid out in the blog https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-megaserver-system/

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Megaserver can be awesome. This is not awesome. It needs some more time in the oven. If devs need to take the time to do some more backend work with regard to waypoints, instances and guilds then everyone would rather have that than a system we have to beat our heads against just to have what we already have with the addition of a few more people in dead zones.

I don’t want to be “that” guy, but this is the first time since launch you have seen any sort of real competition in the market. These server changes are overwhelmingly horrifying and the people they hurt the most (ie. the large communities and multi-guild alliances) are the ones that are most likely to be migratory when there are too many hurdles for them to organize through. And you are making it nearly impossible for multi-guild/multi-server communities to facilitate practically anything.

They were already limited before, but at least the option to guest to a low pop server and all be in the same place with instance room to do the same thing was available. And if all else failed, the system allowed for overflow creation which was almost like creating a personal instance. For good or bad, it was at least an option when you needed/wanted a group of 100+ together. Now any option is gone. Just gone. And if you are in a multi-server guild or have multiple guilds then you are totally at the mercy of the Megaserver as it scatters your guild-mates to the wind.

This is so bad.

Just…

I cant even…

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

I’m rather disappointed. Battle for Lion’s Arch always felt very artificial and constrained. And now this is applied to every major event in the game worth doing that’s not a champ train. Looks like I’ll have to wait a non-trivial amount of time between each fight and can’t fight bosses in quick succession.

The Waypoint restrictions are also disappointing. It is more time wasted trying to get anywhere that may be contested on top of additional loading screens. All that just to do things that may not even be related to why it’s contested in the first place.

All in all, it feels like many things that made this game feel like a world are going away. Even allowing cross-map stuff is basically dead and can’t be added in the future. I think this takes away from the game far more than it adds. It feels like a bandaid for the problem of map population, not a fix.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I really like to know, why are some people so against joining big and organised guilds?

There are so many benefits, from my perspective anyway. Why I like being in a large guild:
-Biweekly guild missions, very high success rate (except when a GM is bugged).
-Many other events we organise (such as guild quiz and guild lottery)
-Doing many things with your guildies, in an organised way (like wvw or dungeons)
-Access to a guild forum, facebook group and voice chat (in this case mumble).
-It’s very social, met many people there whom I now consider my friends
-Guild passive bonusses
-Now world events are added to the list

Why are people so resistant to having this?
This is a serious question btw, I’m really curious about this.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Im not sure if it was Posted yet, (5 pages is a lot to read and being Dyslexic I dont want to spending 5 hours reading)

What about Meta events and the PRE events that goes with them?

• Will we Still need to do them?
  • Will they start on that hour/15/30/45 minute time and we have to finish the pre before it starts?
  • Will pres If there are, be able to be completed faster
SAB or RIOT

Asmodeus.5782

If they remove the pre-meta events from the already neglected event system, it’ll be the biggest kittenslap yet.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: ylinky.5064

ylinky.5064

You calling GW2 as a dynamic world, but this change ruin it completely.
Schedule all the world boss is bad idea. We are playing game not working.
Teq and Evolved Jungle Wurm need fixed time because they need highly cooperate to success.
However other world boss is not.
Player should be able to choose Megaserver, homeserver or guest other server.
If ppl want to lvl alt, they can just choose megaserver.
KQ already got better mechanic for spawn atm, this change is totally a step backward.
With homeserver, I can notice other players are saving the tyria. With your new megaserver, tyria is dead, becasue everywhere is contested.
Players are hard to call help for event after this megaserver change.
All other feature pack make this game awesome, but this last one let this game become unplayable, unenjoyable.

Posted by: Kuro Zetsumei.1397

Kuro Zetsumei.1397

they’d better remove waypoint costs, I dont want to be drained on gold just because I have to waypoint into a map and then waypoint AGAIN to get the location I want, that’s just insane.

but all in all, I dont like the megaserver idea, it makes servers such as Tarnished Coast lose their identity and force Rpers who had a safe haven to leave the game, which I hate since some of my friends are Rpers and they really should have a spot on this game.

why you might ask? because most people on this game are too immature to leave people to their games their way and have to constantly scold these people or simply annoy them, Tarnished Coast was a fair safe haven, which will eventually fade now.

Posted by: NelvonJ.7516

NelvonJ.7516

my opinion.
1. leave the current world/boss system alone.
2. have an option to join the ‘megaserver’ so everyone on any server can be at the same place. something like edge of the mist. they can put the button ‘join megaserver’ on top.
3)the big guilds can have the ability to create instance or some sort of way to create an empty map for any of the megabosses that they want to do.

what do you guy think.?

peace