Final Rest - Current Theories

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

There may be things there, but Abbaddon is dead and replaced with Komir. Not really forgotten, just dead/gone.

It’s referred to as the “Temple of the Forgotten God” in the story mission, hence the wording.

I realize the wording, i was just saying that the events revolving around him wouldn’t seem to actually involve him like the other temples. This is pure speculation of course, since i’ve not tried anything around that temple.

True, I’ve never seen any manifestation of Abbadon, direct or otherwise, at the temple. That wouldn’t necessarily rule it out as a site for the staff, though, unless there is no legendary there at all.

I agree that it doesn’t seem all that likely.

Posted by: jaf.3159

jaf.3159

underwater….. as irritating the underwater can be in Straits of Devastation Map (irritating because I think whenever that event with the submarines is active, i believe when the submarines surface, it brings Everything that is in the water to the surface)… 0o

Checking POIs and listed Events… http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/plaza-of-the-lost-wisdom/32209/ wasn’t this the place in the personal story where the rare species (Largos) joins the fight? /shrug.
How often does anyone kill the huge underwater beasties in the SW corner of Malchor’s Leap? near http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/statue-of-grenth/34158/ I remember seeing 3 beasties and not staying to get autographs. Beat the beasties and get a boss to spawn? I’ve never fought the beasties, what happens when the 3 are defeated?

In the center of the circle theres a large oister with a chest, small though.

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

Come on devs give us all a hint please please please lol

yes I am going nuts looking all over the world for this

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

I read about the hidden/secret Hylek area in Caledon Forest, Dengatl Grounds POI. (on reddit) iiiiinteresting…. now am searching for any seemingly random item on the ground to pick up, if it may be used for something specific nearby. So many cemeteries and tombs throughout Tyria. What’s the deal has some sort of war happened?

Ok, the contested/uncontested Statues in Orr with the grey or orange little icon on the map… I’ve beated the NPC/Acolyte at a statue, I’m bowed at the statue, and it does not change from orange to grey. I have seen the icon be grey. How do I make the statue icon grey? What happens if all statues are grey? anything? I can damage a statue (very slowly) but not target one. (Kill the Risen acolyte leader attempting to perform an unholy ritual, in Straits of Devastation, I could no longer damage the statue, and then I could walk through it… very odd.)

The Dwarven key, Gear crank, and Energy crystal are random loot from mobs, and there are other doors out there to /threaten, use boulder on nearby thingy… hidden rooms with turkeys or kittens. The organ (open door with song) & books (achievement) don’t work anymore, I tried it in Ebonhawke. Listing these serves to point out that there are many unique door mechanics in game. Have they all been discovered yet?

Rare, Boss, Chest, Large.
Chest, Rare, Boss, Large.
Boss, Chest, Rare, Large.
Rare, Large, Boss, Chest.
….another hint please? What region of Tyria is it in or not in?
Was this boss size increased with recent graphic changes?
Is personal story considered open world? (I’d presume not, but always wondered what the Mouth of Zhaitan’s corpse dropped in story mode. Did it 3 times, never could loot the corpse because the cut scene started instantly and put the group on the ship where the chest was.) aaaaanyways.

Good luck hunters!

(edited by Zapan.7460)

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

The quest chains in Orr for the temples deactivate them, they spawn chest and become inactive for a time. People hold zergs to complete them daily, precursors can drop from the completion chest. No one i’ve seen (and i run with the zerg often) has gotten Final Rest from those chests.

All the items you mentioned are parts of chains as well or open doors typically with bosses behind those doors. I’ve done many of them multiple times and not found anything unusual for the zone in them.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The lack of any kind of dev response is starting to make me wonder if either they don’t want us to find it (since we have no ideas anymore where to go and keep going around in circles with their two statements), or its actually not in the game and they are trying to find where to put it in now (or trying to figure out why it isn’t dropping)…

Even a confirmation that we should be looking for a unique named chest would help…

Are there any specific/unique named chests in the Kryta lands? Mergoyles were technically gargoyles, weren’t they?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

I saw in exploration achievements one that you get for finding some secret underground area beneath Orr…anyone got that one/been to that area? Perhaps there are some clues there…

kRiza krimos.1637

The lack of any kind of dev response is starting to make me wonder if either they don’t want us to find it (since we have no ideas anymore where to go and keep going around in circles with their two statements), or its actually not in the game and they are trying to find where to put it in now (or trying to figure out why it isn’t dropping)…

Even a confirmation that we should be looking for a unique named chest would help…

Are there any specific/unique named chests in the Kryta lands? Mergoyles were technically gargoyles, weren’t they?

Mergoyles are Abbadon servant demons. As lore says Abbadon got banished by other gods after disagreement about gift of magic to world, his story in tyria ends there so i doubt Final rest is tied to Abbadon.
There is also question if figure on staff is gargoyle or flesh reaver. Flesh reavers are demons so perhaps Final rest is tied to some demon boss/event.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Gargoyle.jpg
Take a look at what gargoyle design in gw2 looks like. Not even close to item figure design, perhaps we are barking at wrong tree with gargoyle theories?

(edited by kRiza krimos.1637)

Zapan.7460

I saw in exploration achievements one that you get for finding some secret underground area beneath Orr…anyone got that one/been to that area? Perhaps there are some clues there…

is the underground you speak of, this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Artesian_Waters described further http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forgotten_Stream
While it was the first place I thought of to being the Final Rest of the Source of Orr (personal story) that had an Eye of Zhaitan, but alas it can not be entered in open world (only via personal story). I asked pages ago, in here or the other thread in Crafting forum on Final Rest, about can the door be opened by some unique criteria (all temples captured)? This idea had limited replies. Few, if any, spend time at the closed door to see if it opens, and there with no reddit page or other info… seems unlikely to open.

(edited by Zapan.7460)

munkiman.3068

You might be on to something there. If it’s tied to the temples i can check this tonight, since our server runs a nightly zerg to clear them.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

“but alas it can not be entered in open world (only via personal story).”

wait what. Yes it can. Ive totally gone in there from the world map, got the explorer achievement and everything. There’s a small chest in there too.

Are we talking about different artesian waters?

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

wait what. Yes it can. Ive totally gone in there from the world map, got the explorer achievement and everything. There’s a small chest in there too.

Um, I’ve gone there is open world, the door is locked and cannot be opened.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Yes, there is the Artesian ‘river’ (not actually called that so far as I know, but whatever), which runs under the temple of Melandru and leads to the door which would enter the actual Artesian waters. Getting to that door gives you an explorer achievement called ‘Artesian waters’, but the actual waters are inside, and so far as we know are inaccessible.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

skullmount.1758

snip

Mergoyles are Abbadon servant demons. As lore says Abbadon got banished by other gods after disagreement about gift of magic to world, his story in tyria ends there so i doubt Final rest is tied to Abbadon.
There is also question if figure on staff is gargoyle or flesh reaver. Flesh reavers are demons so perhaps Final rest is tied to some demon boss/event.
Take a look at what gargoyle design in gw2 looks like. Not even close to item figure design, perhaps we are barking at wrong tree with gargoyle theories?

Except that the PvP version is called Gargoyle staff (or something like that). So thats why people think it has something to do with gargoyles.

Darkhaven server

munkiman.3068

The lost stream, I’ve gotten the achievement too, but i’ve not gone in the door aside from the personal story. It’s very possible and more than likely probable that the door opens, either through an event or via some trigger. Whether the chest/boss/staff can be found i there is another story.

Zapan.7460

Sorry if I was not clear. The door is closed and can not be opened, thus one can not enter the Artesian Waters room that is in the personal story where you fight the Eye of Zhaitan. Yes you go down the hallway, get the explorer achievement, get the little chest next to the door, reveal the artesian waters on the map… the door is still closed. The door is to what I referred to with “but alas it can not be entered in open world (only via personal story).”

If someone knows how to open the door, please describe the process so I can get in the room and beat whatever is in there.
I’ve been wanting to get into many of the rooms that are included in the Orr portion of the Personal Story to hunt for the Final Rest staff, but many of those rooms are not available to be entered in the open world.

kRiza krimos.1637

snip

Except that the PvP version is called Gargoyle staff (or something like that). So thats why people think it has something to do with gargoyles.

Didnt know there was pvp version of it. Still, im not sure if we should take pvp skin names as clues to pve riddles.

skullmount.1758

snip

Didnt know there was pvp version of it. Still, im not sure if we should take pvp skin names as clues to pve riddles.

We probably shouldn’t but it at least gives us a direction. The three ‘hints’ we’ve gotten from the devs haven’t been all that helpful. Yes they gave us some direction as to what to look for, but ALOT of things still match what they’ve said (and they’re phrasing was pretty vague). Don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate they gave us any hints at all, but its been a while since we’ve gotten a pointing hint (other than its an open world boss/chest).

Darkhaven server

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hey guys, after seeing hte conspiracy theory about how the boss/chest isn’t dropping the “correct loot table” i went and asked Mr. Vaughn about it. Here was his reply.

“No, I traced it back from the item all the way back to the encounter, and it’s all hooked up. The chance of it dropping is extremely low.”

So we could have already found the place and it just hasn’t dropped.

skullmount.1758

Hey guys, after seeing hte conspiracy theory about how the boss/chest isn’t dropping the “correct loot table” i went and asked Mr. Vaughn about it. Here was his reply.

“No, I traced it back from the item all the way back to the encounter, and it’s all hooked up. The chance of it dropping is extremely low.”

If thats the case, then we could possibly never find it. I really hope its not gonna turn out to be like the mini polar bear drop rate in GW1…

Darkhaven server

Posted by: JarXLite.6720

JarXLite.6720

Very interesting! So that means that it isn’t bugged and can very well be found!

On another note, how are you able to contact him? I believe your statements but am still wondering how you come by this information… maybe I just missed something earlier in the thread though.

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

So please Anet give us some more info.

No no no. This is the stuff guilds, and communities build themselves on. Secrets, discovery, experimentation. You young’ins may not recall, but the popularity of Mortal Kombat was largely built on top of kids trading info on the latest Fatalities, or hidden fighters. Earlier Final Fantasy games had a special mystique because there were hidden weapons, summons, or party members that could be completely missed and word of mouth or vague hints in magazines were your only real clues.

1) No, this is the cause of frustration, aggravation and probably pointless grinding. I don’t pay for and play a game to be aggravated and frustrated.
2) Yeah, games have taken a huge leap forward in useability, accessibility and fun since the early decades. I’m all for that, frankly. If you want to play the old-school games, GOG.com has you covered. I’ll take modern games with (generally) decent UIs, clearer tutorials, more interesting and varied gameplay, etc.

At this pont, every other named exotic has dropped many times. Even precursors have dropped. Is this staff supposed to be rarer than precursors? I don’t think so. So either the boss that drops it is so obscure that no one can find it, or so worthless that no one does it. Either way, we need something more. I’d be fine with an in-game update to NPC chatter, frankly, so long as it was over a wide enough area and repeated often enough for people to find it.

Deified.7520

Very interesting! So that means that it isn’t bugged and can very well be found!

On another note, how are you able to contact him? I believe your statements but am still wondering how you come by this information… maybe I just missed something earlier in the thread though.

You can send PMs to developers lol. But I’d be careful with that. If you send them too many they may stop giving players the ability to do this or just stop checking , like Ms. Murdock (who has a constant full PM box haha)

munkiman.3068

That’s the thing i wish they’d do, at least. It wouldn’t be giving away anything to say “there’s a book with info somewhere in the world” or “there’s some NPC’s in the game talking about it”. I’m all for tracking down clues it just feels like a waste of time going everywhere talking to every npc and reading every scrap of evidence only to end up with nothing.

Posted by: JarXLite.6720

JarXLite.6720

You can send PMs to developers lol. But I’d be careful with that. If you send them too many they may stop giving players the ability to do this or just stop checking , like Ms. Murdock (who has a constant full PM box haha)

Lol ok I figured that’s what you were doing haha

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

skullmount.1758

Does it give you back a message if their box is full? Cause, I thought it was Gaile Gray that (publicly) stated that her box was full, due to everyone pming her about account stuff.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Could be it was not intended to be this hard to find, but a combination of elements have lead to it being more rare than expected.

At this point i think we should focus on out of the way events or event chains that are not regularly farmed.

BTW, i had a look at the Plaza of the Lost Wisdom. And if it is there, i can understand why it has been “overlooked”. The pact team rescue event was crawling with risen acolytes related to the event, all within a enclosed area with limited entry.

And on that note, there is supposedly a Champion Risen Turtle down there. But i can’t find any data on such a creature elsewhere in the wiki.

Zenyatoo.4059

Could be it was not intended to be this hard to find, but a combination of elements have lead to it being more rare than expected.

At this point i think we should focus on out of the way events or event chains that are not regularly farmed.

BTW, i had a look at the Plaza of the Lost Wisdom. And if it is there, i can understand why it has been “overlooked”. The pact team rescue event was crawling with risen acolytes related to the event, all within a enclosed area with limited entry.

And on that note, there is supposedly a Champion Risen Turtle down there. But i can’t find any data on such a creature elsewhere in the wiki.

dart in and back out then hook around a corner. The acolytes all clump up. It’s how I cleared them out on my warrior. Im curious though about how those 2 asura get down there in the first place. If it’s part of an event then maybe being there before they die would let you open the temple. I may try that this afternoon.

Deified.7520

He has already stated that it has a very low drop rate. So it could be we have done the event a ton and it just hasn’t dropped. Honestly I’m not going to worry about it. I will probably just drift and do occasional events. We will probably see it pop up after the next update with Guild Missions since it wont only be a select few going around the world doing events but entire guilds.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I may have brought this up before but has anyone checked if anyone on the German/Spanish/French server has gotten it?

There is also a “perfect” boss(Champion Imp) for this item except it doesn’t match any of the criteria aside from “in the open world”.

I guess some might consider it rare since there is no event related to it but there is a mini scavenger hunt. There is also no chest … that I can remember.

Zapan.7460

So either the boss that drops it is so obscure that no one can find it, or so worthless that no one does it. Either way, we need something more. I’d be fine with an in-game update to NPC chatter, frankly, so long as it was over a wide enough area and repeated often enough for people to find it.

Oooorr, someone got it and sold it to vendor; threw it in the Mystic Forge (trying to get a precursor); has it and does not participate in forum; etc. etc.

Good idea. I would appreciate more NPC chatter pertaining to secrets and hidden stuff… yet many NPCs do mention finally rest, ancient artifact, or something that may be interpreted as a secret message. Too many ghosts and undead wanting to rest. Several POIs that are doors that don’t open (or so it seems, mostly). I’ve been searching with words like Secret and Hidden(finding some threads in Reddit, Dulfy, here, & stuff in MMORPG-life & wiki), & watching gameplay videos (they don’t always target the chest in them. What is the chest called?).

Good luck hunters!
Hints welcomed. Something more please.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/NPC_rank
“Legendary:
These creatures are very rare to see, they can only be found in dungeon instances or in Ruins of Orr group events and require an organized group and concerted effort to take down.” Is the Boss a Legend? or Elite, or Champ, or Vet, or Epic?

(edited by Zapan.7460)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

So either the boss that drops it is so obscure that no one can find it, or so worthless that no one does it. Either way, we need something more. I’d be fine with an in-game update to NPC chatter, frankly, so long as it was over a wide enough area and repeated often enough for people to find it.

Oooorr, someone got it and sold it to vendor; threw it in the Mystic Forge (trying to get a precursor); has it and does not participate in forum; etc. etc.

The mystic forge is possible, as well as vendoring, somebody might have just not been playing a staff user, not known it was rare, and thrown it out without even previewing it.

But as for somebody having it, by the trading post or a drop. I seriously doubt it, because if they do they’re using it, and if they’re using it, somebody would notice and take a screen-shot. Even if he wouldn’t tell anybody else where to get it, if somebody in game has it, he or she would have at least been seen by now. And so far as I know, nobody has even seen a player with this weapon.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

There are a lot of places around that feature the words “final rest” and whatnot… here is one of the more interesting ones located in the Brisban Wildlands near hidden lake.

It’s a small graveyard off the beaten path with 10 tombstones and an NPC there to “pay his respects”. Most of the tombstones have to do with ghosts you find in the area that you can talk to (for the heart)… but three of them are not present in the area. Those three also happen to have some lore related dialogue you can go through with the NPC.

I thought this was interesting because other than a skillpoint this entire area seems utterly devoid of DE’s… there is just 1 to clear out a nearby camp that always seems to be bugged (and might open the door to other events if it weren’t)

I hung around the area for about 30 min talking to ghosts watching the one escort DE that finishes nearby and just generally looking for things that might trigger something… but found nothing. I honestly think the “rare” in the hints means that it is a boss fight that doesn’t trigger often due to whatever conditions not being filled or just on a super long timer…

Attachments:

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

Not sure if anyone’s said this yet, CBA to read it all as I just got home from a concert so I’m just going to post it again in case no one has.

If you check the other thread in the crafting forums, it has been confirmed that it is both in th eloot tables and that it is also an open world. This debunks the theories that it’s a rare dungeon boss or that it’s in Zhaitan’s Rest.

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Just as an aside, I was on my little necro last night, it gets no love usually. I ran across something. This is the second such chest I have found out in ‘open world’ (EDIT: on my necro. The first was in a treehouse above one of the cities). This is not a ‘LARGE’ chest and there was no boss. In fact there were two pirates guarding it and when I killed them I fully expected a boss to spawn, but no.
I am positive there are more of these out there, I’ll have to refind them all. Maybe a specific set of circumstances must occur for these things to start or spawn the boss.
Anyone know what this one is?

Attachments:

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Evil Octopi.8253

Evil Octopi.8253

You might be on to something there. If it’s tied to the temples i can check this tonight, since our server runs a nightly zerg to clear them.

What server are you on? I have never seen more than 3 temples open at a time on my server. I would like to check out some of these suspicious place when all 5 temples are open.

Zenyatoo.4059

Went to the abaddon temple. As far as I can tell the asura simply try to open a box that explodes rather than the temple. No current way of getting in.

Also killed lady glaive, nothing there.

And, the turga waypoint appears to have no dynamic events.

I went all over straits of devastation, I cant find an open world boss that would possibly drop it besides the lady glaive, and I dont like fighting her enough to want to farm her.

munkiman.3068

What server are you on? I have never seen more than 3 temples open at a time on my server. I would like to check out some of these suspicious place when all 5 temples are open.

Northern Shiverpeaks has a commander Anths that runs the zerg from 5pst till they are clear. Usually all the way through opening arah. Almost every night they are clear for a short window.

phabby.8945

driving me nuts atm lol looking everywhere talking to every npc that i come across , please devs a little more info would go a long way,

You took away our chest farming in gw2 that we loved in gw1, now we have something to chase and you are being to quiet about it and given the bugs that are in game how do we know that it isnt bugged out

cheerss

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

It’s totally inside one of the Xunlai Chests in the HoM, we just have to figure out how to open them. :P

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

phabby.8945

Ohhh come on Devs PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us another hint specialy since wiki is still under construction so there are no clues there.

Ohh on a side note too the guys working on wiki great job thank you heaps for all your efforts.

cheers Phabby

skullmount.1758

Probably not it, but in the Straits of Devastation theres an event near the Viziers tower, something about stopping/destroying some kind of replicators or something. I’ve never seen the event be completed on my server, so I don’t know what the rewards are. I doubt its from this one, but any event could be the one, at this time, since the Devs haven’t given us some other king of clue to it.

I can’t seem to find the event on the wiki page either…
Its the event in the archipelago where the waypoint and poi is.

Darkhaven server

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Raege.1069

Raege.1069

Posting this here too since I’m not sure which thread is the “main” one.

This might have been suggested before (and sorry if it is but I didn’t see any mentions of anything but Orr when I quick-read all the threads I found), but it might a rare boss that spawns in the secret room near Rumblus etc in AC. It would make sense* and since barely anyone ever checks that room it would also explain why it’s still not known.

*Why it would make sense:

- Gargoyles were habitants of Ascalon untill they mysteriously disappeared in 1185 AE. The staff is called Gargoyle staff in PvP locker and has a statue of a gargoyle in it.

- AC = Ascalonian CATACOMBS. And what was the favourite place of Gargoyles in pre-searing (which is the state ascalon has returned in for GW2), well, the Catacombs ofcourse.

- There’s tons of secret rooms in GW2 BUT afaik every other room has something like kittens or turkeys in it, This one is empty.

- The room looks like it’s designed for a boss fight. So unless Anet suddenly decided to cut a boss from the dungeon, it’s quite likely there could be a rare spawn there.

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

We should definitely unite both thread or choose only one, I’ll copy my reply here as well, sorry for the people who monitor both threads:

Very interesting Raege but we did rule out dungeons because it was stated that it is dropped in the open world. Would have been nice though, I love AC…

On the other side, I read this whole thread, plus the current theory one and I love this. As someone asked about other languages forums, I started a thread like this one in the french forum as well, who knows, someone has to know something somewhere.

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

Raege.1069

If it’s been stated it’s in open world, why is that not in the “Official responses” section, I’d like to see a source. All I’ve ever seen mentioned is that it’s from a rare large boss chest.

PS. This thread is better

Edit: Okay read closer and the AC theory has been proposed a couple of times. Still don’t see a proper source for open world only tho. If I was after this staff I’d start checking the secret room after them AC money runs :P

(edited by Raege.1069)

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

Here is the link where I have read it, can’t find the other post he is referring to:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Final-Rest-how-do-you-get-it/page/9#post1400265

It seems it is related to an interview made after the two other devs comments.

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

Raege.1069

The post he’s referring to is in this thread (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Final-Rest-Current-Theories/page/2#post1368055), but it’s not a direct quote of a dev. It’s some guy claiming that he talked to a dev. He failed to provide screenshots however.

I am going to be severely disappointed if the dropping place of this staff has nothing to do with gargoyles :<

(edited by Raege.1069)

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Just another person possibly providing false information.

Until he provides a screenshot of the PM, don’t believe it.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Could this item be somehow related to the Scepter of Orr and Vizier Khilbron?

You know…there IS a boss at the top of the Vizier’s tower…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

OMG, I though I was the only person who actually questioned the reasons for those treasure boxes! I have found many of those, to which you can open none. Still, it is a mystery where this item is and we maybe as well be chasing ghosts!