Future Legendary Weapons

Future Legendary Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Auris.6097

Auris.6097

First off, does anyone know when the next legendary will be released or how often they are released? I know they stopped producing them for a while after making the shortbow so that they could focus on Living Story, but since they released Eureka I’m guessing they started doing them again? Idk.

Anyway, to get to the main point of this thread, I’m curious; what do you guys wanna see in the rest of the second legendary line? What do you think of the current ones?

So far I think they’re awesome, but for me I definitely wanna see a much better Scepter and Sword, as I find Bolt and Meteorlogicus are pretty ‘meh’ personally, maybe I just don’t like the storm theme. Also, I know all the legendaries are meant to be unique, but I think a Sword would look awesome in the same style as Astralaria ( which I love, by the way, and I also can’t stop pronouncing in an Australian accent, lol ). For a Scepter, not sure what might look cool yet, but I’m sure anet will carry on coming up with awesome ideas for the HoT legends.

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

First off, does anyone know when the next legendary will be released or how often they are released? I know they stopped producing them for a while after making the shortbow so that they could focus on Living Story, but since they released Eureka I’m guessing they started doing them again? Idk.

No one knows the possible timeframe except those who work for ANet. And, they’ve been sticking to their policy of “not talking until it’s ready to ship” pretty darned closely.

Anyway, to get to the main point of this thread, I’m curious; what do you guys wanna see in the rest of the second legendary line? What do you think of the current ones?

I saw a silly suggestion some time ago for a rifle that shoots pies. If wanting to kill moas and mordrem with pies is wrong, then I don’t want to be right. Edit: if you want to read suggestions for new legendary weapons, the threads are endless.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Please no food themed weapons. Legendaries should look epic, not goofy.

I happen to love the storm theme on Bolt, I can’t believe you don’t like it

As for the new scepter, I think an Abyss themed scepter could be really cool. It might be somewhat similar to Astralaria not sure

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Bah, you’re no fun. :P

I gave up on the concept of legendaries looking/being epic when I started seeing sunrise/twilight/eternity by the handful at large events like Teq.

~EW

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I’d like a new trident, but Anet has written off water combat.

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I also don’t like Bolt and find Meteorlogicus looks unwieldy so am looking forward to new Sword and Scepter legendaries.

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

awkwardly hides Meteorlogicus behind back

Nah I love Meteorlogicus for my Ele. She uses scepter/warhorn so Meteorlogicus/The North Wind work perfectly together. I just hope some of the new weapons will be elegant rather than large and flashy.

(edited by Black Iris Flowers.3418)

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I want a GS that is not a giant slab …

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: kurogane.9681

kurogane.9681

I’m patiently waiting for the new scepter, focus and shield. I really want the scepter to be released next as I don’t like the bulkiness of Meteorlogicus.

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Wish Anet implement a select sigil feature for existing and new Legendaries. So we can change our sigil anytime we want not buying a new one.

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I can agree with you there. This game has a lot of really unique and kittening awesome GS designs. But the 3 legendary GSs that we have are an extremely simple slab shape with a very unique texture thrown on top of them. Would love to see the next legendary GS have some personality in its actual, physical design.

Something like the Crystal Guardian, where the sword isn’t a continuous piece would be kittening awesome.

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Alexa Scorpionwitch.8567

Alexa Scorpionwitch.8567

I can agree with you there. This game has a lot of really unique and kittening awesome GS designs. But the 3 legendary GSs that we have are an extremely simple slab shape with a very unique texture thrown on top of them. Would love to see the next legendary GS have some personality in its actual, physical design.

Something like the Crystal Guardian, where the sword isn’t a continuous piece would be kittening awesome.

Agreed. Wish they’d tone down the legendaries a little. The GS are stupidly huge and look ridiculous in the hands of my 5’ tall female necro. I know its a game and all but seriously she wouldn’t even be able to pick that up much less fight with it. Most of them are overdone with design. Belinda’s GS is my favorite for her because its clean and simple. Elegant. Most legendaries look you found it in a dumpster after Mardi Gras. Just my opinion.

Wait, what?

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Making particle effects is probably a demanding job, but Legendary weapons are where the creators get to go a bit crazy, so I don’t doubt we’ll see some interesting concepts in the future. I had a few in mind that I’d like to see implemented somehow:

Familiar Focus
Rather than having a small artifact or item, this Focus takes the form of a small, flying familiar that circles around the arm. It could be in the form of a flying squirrel, or miniature weasel, possibly even a bird of sorts. Something magical that fits in one’s pocket.
In any case, this little critter “hides in your pocket” or sticks to your hip while stowed, making some ambient animal noises every so often, maybe nibbling on a berry. When drawn, it showcases its potential by lighting up in magic runes and flies in circles around the wielders arm, possibly resting on top of it. When animations are made with Focus skill, the Familiar circles around the arm or flies outwards before returning.

Deep Ocean Sword
A 1-handed sword that is merely an embellished, decorated hilt when stowed. When drawn however, swirls of water or energy coalesce and form into a smooth, crystalline blade that has the shifting colours of a deep ocean bed. I imagine this to be a thinner blade, similar to a sabre or a kriegsmesser (A guy could dream). Like the existing GS, this blade is accompanied by a “Trail” effect, although this one would be coloured deep blue with tints of black and green.

The Mirage Greatsword
When sheathed, Mesmer-like shards form around the blade to create a jet-black Hilt with an illusionary, runic pattern in Pink and purple tones. Whenever the Blade is drawn, this hilt shatters like an illusion, revealing the blade.

Here’s the kicker: The Blade takes one of several different shapes. It could be a thin Flamberge, a thick Zweihänder or wavy Vorpal sword, the shape it takes is entirely random. Furthermore, every so often when you strike an opponent it causes a shatter-like effect and changes shape mid-combat. The Blade itself looks illusionary, though less foggy and more slick like glass with a somber glow to it.

Scepter of Possession/Snakecharmer
A scepter skin that goes a bit beyond a simple Scepter. The weapon itself is a thin rod consisting of 3 snakes coiling around eachother, meeting at the top and facing a small, hovering red orb. When drawn, however, the image of a demonic or ghostly being appears behind the wielder for a second as the Snakes’ eyes light up and venom bursts from their mouths, turning the orb into a green fireball instead. Venom also coils up around the wielders arm, giving their hand a burnt and demonic look while wielded.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

(edited by TheSwede.9512)

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

when i saw this i had to LOL….really hard…
no goofy legendary weapons you say, try to say that after looking at he longbow legendary…..

i want a longbow legendary like a big spirit bow that isn’t on your back when you sheath it, kinda like a Quincy but then with the effect of the soul river glider.

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Sonoroho.5093

Sonoroho.5093

I love the deep ocean sword idea. Personally ,I’d love to see another longbow as well. ::

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Nari.4302

Nari.4302

Familiar Focus
Rather than having a small artifact or item, this Focus takes the form of a small, flying familiar that circles around the arm. It could be in the form of a flying squirrel, or miniature weasel, possibly even a bird of sorts. Something magical that fits in one’s pocket.
In any case, this little critter “hides in your pocket” or sticks to your hip while stowed, making some ambient animal noises every so often, maybe nibbling on a berry. When drawn, it showcases its potential by lighting up in magic runes and flies in circles around the wielders arm, possibly resting on top of it. When animations are made with Focus skill, the Familiar circles around the arm or flies outwards before returning.

The Mirage Greatsword
When sheathed, Mesmer-like shards form around the blade to create a jet-black Hilt with an illusionary, runic pattern in Pink and purple tones. Whenever the Blade is drawn, this hilt shatters like an illusion, revealing the blade.

Here’s the kicker: The Blade takes one of several different shapes. It could be a thin Flamberge, a thick Zweihänder or wavy Vorpal sword, the shape it takes is entirely random. Furthermore, every so often when you strike an opponent it causes a shatter-like effect and changes shape mid-combat. The Blade itself looks illusionary, though less foggy and more slick like glass with a somber glow to it.

Love these two ideas ^^

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: vaxjani.9073

vaxjani.9073

I don’t have any ideas but i would like to see the hammer next (only legendary that i dont have yet that i would use often)

Lagspike – Never Gonna Find Me – Happy Burstday
War/Ranger/Thief Roaming Vids

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker's_Ebb the sword is already in the game

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Auris.6097

Auris.6097

kitten , some of the replies on here are awesome, especially liking the ‘Deep Sea’ / ‘Ocean’ idea from Swede, and I would put money on anet making a legendary weapon with a very similar theme, even if it wasn’t a sword, because I can think of quite a few weapons that fit with this idea.

I would also like to see a blue flame weapon, maybe a sword, with some cool ‘Spiritual’ blue fire effects/trials.

Future Legendary Weapons

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Reviving this thread because I’ve got a couple of new ideas!

Longbow: Stargazer
Another cosmic Legendary, the Stargazer bow I envision to fit both druids and dragonhunters equally.
The bow itself is made out of stone, however only the handle itself is solid in structure, for as the bow stretches outwards towards its edges, it breaks into a floating collection of smaller rocks, similar to an asteroid belt. However, once drawn the empty space is filled with a brilliant, blue-white flames taking the form of an edged bow.
The projectiles fired by this bow are of course smaller meteors followed by a cluster of miniature asteroids, surrounded by the same blue-white flames as the bow possesses.

Hammer: Tesla Core
A mechanical monstrosity, as there are too few of those legendaries around, that is sure to fit any budding scrapper perfectly. As the name implies, it has Electricity as its element.
At rest, the Hammer is merely a tall metallic rod with a spherical generator at the top, from which several coils protrude. However, once drawn these Generators pull out of their sockets and hover around the generator in a static field, the spherical generator rotating slowly and whenever a matching socket and coil meet again, a beam of electricity is fired into the socket, energizing it further.
Visually, the wielder also gains arcing electricity around the hands and electrical footsteps.

Torch: Althea
For those who do not know of her, Althea was the love of Prince Rurik who perished in the Searing. Now, she’s been immortalized as a Legendary torch, which might be a bit ironic, but hey it’s something!
This torch is unique in that it changes appearence slightly depending on which race is wielding the torch. In its resting state, the Torch is merely the image of Althea’s upper body made from stone, eyes closed and hands brought together in prayer. But when drawn this image changes:

Humans and Norn know Althea for her beauty, it was what she was reknowned for after all. To them, the image lights up in a radiant shine, her hair regaining a golden, shimmering luster and her eyes glowing in golden light.

Charr, Asura and Sylvari know her as a victim of the Searing, one of many, and take more factual approach. In their hands, a screech (similar to Necromancer’s Unholy Feast) echoes when drawn as Althea’s visage is consumed by flames, leaving behind a skeletal bust with flame burning in her eyes and down her withering hair.

Warhorn: Hamelin
Not an actual warhorn, but instead a straight flute. You can probably guess the theme from the name, as it’s taken from the Pied Piper of Hamelin.
The flute itself is black and slick with golden images of rats and their tails coiling around it. Whenever it’s drawn, the wielder for some reason starts to attract all manners of critters to themselves, gaining a trusty following of rats that scurry behind them and around their feet.
The sound when it’s blown is also changed from that of a typical warhorn to more melodic flute tunes, which causes the critters around your feet to shoot up and squeek a bit, before going back to scurrying. Once stowed, the disappear as if they were never there to begin with.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |