Game Updates: Guild World Events, Megaservers, WvW

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

I Agree. Our guild has no problems finding another “overflow” and taxi-ing everybody. It just costs more time, normally we finish guild missions in 35-50 minutes (not doing trek) And this costs additional time. All ppl in th guild are 18+ most have jobs and a RL. Wasting time on organisation which should be handled by the game is rubbish. It used to be ok. If we encountered an overflow whe would use the overflow instead of the normal map. Now we need to guess what map will be more usefull. and it hshould put us all together in 1 map when Guild miossions are started,

Doing a bounty sending 10 ppl for a target and having them travelling to 2,3 or more instances is stupid, especially if you designed the game to group players in party ffrom the same guild playing together.

Our guild has no one below 20 and a few people in their 30’s, we didn’t have an issue. Stop over-exaggerating the problem. If you keep having serious problems, then your guild’s leadership clearly lacks even the most basic organization skills and you need to promote people that can actually lead.

The system isn’t doing what was set out to be done. I love seeing more people, unfortunately if you do events per 2 hours or 3 hours you will see a lot of zergs, why not do all world events every 15 or 30 minutes, with an hour for big world bosses (teq, wurm.. ) It would all spread out and people wopuldn’t need to zerg everything…

This will solve nothing. The only difference that it would make is on the invisible side for users; there would be less megaservers maps of the same instance but it would still fill those maps. For players there wouldn’t be any difference at al.

(edited by Rangersix.1754)

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

Our guild has no one below 20 and a few people in their 30’s, we didn’t have an issue. Stop over-exaggerating the problem. If you keep having serious problems, then your guild’s leadership clearly lacks even the most basic organization skills and you need to promote people that can actually lead.

I’m honestly surprised to see a defense of this, especially by someone with a job. Megaservers may be good for other modes, but guild missions are a use case where they’re obviously an impediment — and this seems like something ANet should work on fixing. I guess you’re saying it should be lower priority than game breaking bugs? But obviously they’re already treating it as lower priority — the point of this discussion is that they shouldn’t ignore it.

Adding an extra 2-5 minutes (it takes time to herd cats, especially if you have lots of them) per event for this would make me angry — because it’s a situation where the software is getting in the way of having fun.

And for bounties, adding 2m would have been plenty to cause some bounty hunts I’ve been part of to fail (at getting all the targets) — for timed events, this is relevant. For the other guild events, it’d just be an annoyance, since you can wait till everyone is present to start — OTOH, I don’t think the software should be designed to annoy us.

Posted by: Iscarii.4592

Iscarii.4592

As a guild leader, when we went to do our missions last night we ran into a LARGE number of problems, some potentially known, others not so much. First and foremost was gathering everyone into parties with clear communication. We are all vet players, 18+ and very effective at communicating with each other. We started our bounty, killed one and went to the second. We had 5 parties, and each party ended up in a different instance. Once we found the target, we spent 5 minutes taxing everyone into the same instance, only to fail that target. Since I had all my guildies go to the first target, I was the only one that did not get guild comms and that is fine by me, but what is not cool is that the potential for members to be screwed outta get their comms. We then went to do our rush, again we got Fields of Ruin chicken run (so cute those little chickens!) and explained to a couple that have not done this one before. When we got there, another guild had 6 minutes left and we respectfully waited to start ours. Not one member of my guild ran this rush. Once their guild rush ended, we got credit for it in our guild but not ONE of us got the comm for it. Again, if I was the only one as the Guild leader not getting comm, I can get it somewhere else: my guildies are my priority. We decided to do another one, again another guild was running the same one, and failed, so 2 people got comms, no one else and again when the other guild failed, so did we. Fair right? Hell no.

Guild challenge was much the same problem: port parties into the same instance, another guild doing it, and may I add that these are not guilds from the same server whatsoever. I get that you want to make things better, but this is absurd and such a waste. It’s Guild Wars 2, not zerg the world events till your FPS quits, nor is it lets see how much time we can waste porting parties in. We should be able to do this as a guild and not play Teq Taxi to get to do our own events…

To sum it up: Megaserver….. Worst idea ever… “I must not fear Megaserver. Megaserver is the mind-killer. Megaserver is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face Megaserver. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the Megaserver has gone there will be nothing. Only my guild will remain.”

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I like how the megaserver royally screwed up Temple events; pretty convenient of ANet to fool around with one of the best ways to get exotic armor.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

trying to farm materials since megaserver went alive, is like wanting to kill everyone around me. Killing 2 mobs out of 20 or more every spawn is just dumb. Before, when some area was crowded, I went into guesting for another server with less players, which today is mission impossible.
Wanting to buy obsidian shards at balthazar. Not gonna happen, even when port from my server is not contested.
Reading in /m /s languages i don’t understand is not helping me to know whats going on on the map.
etc…

don’t like it. wish it never went alive.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I wouldn’t call an improvement if I get in a different map than my team or my guild

Due to the nature of the new system that situation (karka queen -> empty overflows) happens a lot less. It ’s something that happened before too, and a lot more. Going from more to less is an improvement in this case, no matter how you twist or turn it.

The vast majority of complaints are basically the same stuff we saw at launch. This is simply how the game looks like when maps are full. MaterDolores says he was here from launch, but from what he complains about, I hardly doubt he was. At launch everything was zerged constantly.

And then we come to the guild complaints that they can’t get people on one map, not even the small guilds. To those people I suggest looking to new leadership, who can actually get something organized. Other guilds, like tequatl and wurm guilds, have done this on a far larger scale (hundreds of people) before. Getting 20 people on the same map is a piece of cake compared to that. You just need competent people in charge. You’re a guild, not a random rag tag group of people. You’re supposed to be organized.

Get a core party of 5 people in a map, consider that your “main map”. Now break the group apart and have each of those 5 people form their own party so they can then join their party leader on the “main map”. It’s quick and it’s easy. Guilds complaining that they need to make use of organization, dear me.

there are literally pages of people who had bad experience with guild activities over the weekend.
Its an issue.

Also the time organizing doesnt work, because you are on a schedule on most guild missions.
You have 15 minutes to complete said event, if you have to spend 5 minutes coordinating people into the right maps, that makes it 10 minutes to do the missions.

Yes its bad to have to figure out how to best game the overflow, and for the record, the people in big teq/wurm guilds who did it before, techniques will no longer work.

Yes its a problem, the solution is up to anet, but its definately a real issue.

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Worst things about megaservers, in my opinion:

1. Guild missions are screwed. I haven’t gotten a chance to do them myself yet since the patch, but I think the responses in this thread are proof enough of how much you messed up in regards to guild events.

2. Servers have no community anymore. I transferred to Tarnished Coast some months ago specifically for the community, and now I’ve lost that. Some other server communities were also friendly, and they’ve lost their sense of community as well. Some servers, notably, have very unfriendly or trollish playerbases. Why did this have to be implemented in cities at all, anyway? Do people seriously have trouble mapping Rata Sum? Are they unable to hit F next to the bank NPC by themselves? It makes no sense.

3. The re-scaling of mobs make map completion on high levels in low level zones, as well as low level zone events, a joke. Geared 80s can one, two, or three-shot mobs in low-to-mid level maps. This makes tagging events for low levels almost impossible (which kind of defeats the purpose of having more people on the map for new players, don’t you think?). I’ve mentioned the horribly underwhelming so-called “buffs” on world bosses in other threads, so I won’t go there, but seriously, there’s no point in low levels trying to do events on low level maps if they can’t get credit.

4. Gathering t6 nodes is much harder now; I really don’t see why every megaserver map has to have different, randomly-placed nodes.

5. Temples are screwed. You heavily nerfed Frostgorge and Queensdale (and no, I didn’t do those regularly – only did QD to level two of my alts and as a side bonus, karma, since I can’t do EoTM), and in the same patch nerfed Temple events, since half the time they don’t even spawn now thanks to defend events. A lot of people farmed temples, especially Grenth/Melandru, for t6 mats. In the case that they do spawn, it’s still heavily nerfed in terms of farming, because there are so many people that you just can’t tag many mobs.

I get that this is a transition period, but the fact is, you guys started these feedback threads, and I could count the number of responses we’ve gotten to all of them combined on one hand. This isn’t like you, ANet, and frankly I’m pretty disappointed.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

It’s not something that happends to every guild every time. Stop pretending that it does.

It’s something that requires 5 minutes of your time, stop pretending that it takes hours.

People shouldn’t have to spend even 10 seconds to fight badly designed system. Guilds were supposed to be together, servers were supposed to be together, friends were supposed to be together, thats what anet advertised.
What we got is glorified overflows only worse since there is no promised land (main), aswell as no way to tell on which map you are, how many other people from guild are with you etc, people have to gues by poping commander tags and ask who can see them. It’s total chaos.
Not to mention big servers never needed this megafail. As deso player i have yet to see a single positive thing this megafail brought.

Posted by: lawfan.7095

lawfan.7095

The megaservers are nice. They make exploring less popular maps like Snowden Drifts and Brisban Wildlands much more fun. It is very nice seeing events on these maps actually get done now. However they don’t really need to be in the cities or in the more popular maps such as Queensdale or in Orr where the temples are.

Posted by: Malevil.2104

Malevil.2104

Get a core party of 5 people in a map, consider that your “main map”. Now break the group apart and have each of those 5 people form their own party so they can then join their party leader on the “main map”. It’s quick and it’s easy. Guilds complaining that they need to make use of organization, dear me.

You simply dont know what you are talking about. Try to do that with 100+ ppl and during 15 min time limit T3 bounty … and it’s not about finishing that stupid bounty, it’s about getting all your ppl credit doing it.

(edited by Malevil.2104)

Posted by: VoiceOfUnreason.5976

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

lol and also consider the steps you’re describing compared to what we had to go through before megaservers, which was nothing.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

The more I have to deal with it, the more I’m convinced the megaserver idea is the worst thing they have implemented into the game in a long time.

Zelendel

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

At karka queen the map was packed. Skills froze up and the game crashed twice, despite having graphics set at lowest performance. I got no end chest though I was there for Pre and everything.

If they are going to put us on “Megaservers” they need to at least tune the servers to be able to handle having people on them. The performance at the big events is much, much worse than it was before April 14. This is unplayable.

Guild warrior for life!

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

So, now all maps are megaserved. Apparently, “listening to the community” wasn’t on your list of criteria. Now we’ll never see the gates of arah event again, or grenth, or melandru. Goodbye, Sea of Sorrows. Good bye, jade quarry. Goodbye blackgate, and Magumma, and Crystal Desert, and Dragonbradnd. Good bye, henge of denravi, goodbye Fort Aspenwood. Goodbye to all the other servers. You no longer exist. It’s all mega server now.

(edited by Becka Williams.4978)

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Cursed Shore is now megaserver.

This megaserver “virus” is infecting at an alarming rate.

Finally, our last haven of temple is now screwed.

Good bye temples. You will be missed

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

shogei.8015

You simply dont know what you are talking about. Try to do that with 100+ ppl and during 15 min time limit T3 bounty … and it’s not about finishing that stupid bounty, it’s about getting all your ppl credit doing it.

Absolutely agree. The bounties typically require 3 different maps within 15 minutes, which makes it even more complicated. Furthermore, we’ve had situations where the “join in….” option flat out doesn’t work – the button does nothing. I am a member of TTS and I know how to taxi, so that’s not the problem. The Megaserver system is broken.

Guild warrior for life!

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Spreading? It’s already spread, and I’m afraid the patient’s terminal.

Posted by: Babow.1952

Babow.1952

When I first read about the megaservers before being implemented, I was excited because I love doing events and thought that this would mean they would occur more frequently and there would be more people to complete them with. After a week or so of testing them out, I can say with utmost confidence I’m hating megaservers and all they’ve brought. My reasons:
I) Events like Lyssa or Dwayna (or any temple event in megaserver) have become impossible to know when the event chains are starting unless you’re constantly zoning in and out of the map, or standing around and waiting for them to begin. I would like to be able to do other things while waiting for them to respawn (assuming I even get put in the correct megaserver).

II) There are way too many people at events. Not only do things die incredibly fast, but the lag from the oversized zergs makes it difficult to tag anything (and my computer can max graphics with no problem in major zergs in WvW on Blackgate, as well as having a fast internet connection). Events are no longer challenging – the hardest part of them is trying to mash buttons as quickly as I possibly can so I can actually tag mobs for loot. It makes it feel more like some cheap arcade game where I’m fighting the clock, as opposed to a fighting game where technique is required.

III) I really miss the group I used to do events with, and have only seen one of the ten to fifteen usuals in megaserver. It make me feel completely disconnected from my home server and community (the “being lonely in a crowd” effect). There are so many people in these zergs that people have become disposable, which completely severs the idea of a community. Even if it exists in one megaserver, the chances of it being carried over into the next are slim to none.

….Just my two cents. Maybe if they develop some sort of API system to let us know when temple events occur in megaserver zones (like it worked before) would fix some of the issue for me, as well as making it so that the population cap of each zone is less. If I had my druthers, megaservers would be removed and we’d go back to the way it was before. For those in low population servers, I would simply remove them and give those players free server transfers.

Posted by: Cherry Ace.2493

Cherry Ace.2493

Megaserver is ruining this game.

My guild is PvX and having to make sure someone is on our home world before inviting them is getting quite annoying. I feel terrible having to deny someone for being from a different server, but we just don’t want to risk spies for WvW purposes.

We have organized Temple runs that we only do twice a week, but since the megaserver we haven’t been able to do any of them. We used to get a whole lot of other guilds on the server to come with us and we always succeeded in our runs. Now, no matter how hard we try to set it up, we end up on a map with way too many people. They constantly fail Gates of Arah because they don’t listen when told how it upscales. We can never get onto the same maps as other guilds from the server because instead of being able to wait for everyone to gather, there are randoms from many other servers trying to do all the events all at the same time. It’s incredibly frustrating for guildies to have to ferry or be ferried over to the same map because of population. People used to look forward to our temple runs, but now it’s just bringing disappointment.

It’s hard to do guild missions with such high population maps. So far we’ve only had this issue with the bounty because we picked one to kill in Kessex Hills for the lowbies and we had to ferry a lot of people onto the map. I’m very worried about randoms interfering in a guild challenge or puzzle and causing us to fail them. We’ve never had much of a problem with that because of the general lack of people around to mess stuff up.

I miss my server. Yes, I can still see people I know in cities, but out in the open world I’m surrounded by strangers. Even if the map has some people from the server and then is filled with randoms from other servers, it really ruins the community. And this is especially true for those of us who play a lot in WvW; it instills a lot of server pride and things just feel less like home with so many other people from other servers all over the place.

Please ANet, megaserver is NOT a good idea. I understand your intentions, but this just isn’t working. I’ve read through most of the first page and I’m sure you’re seeing how this is ruining the game for a lot of people. This idea needs to implemented in a different way.

TL;DR : My guild is suffering. No more server pride. Megaserver sucks, please fix.

(edited by Cherry Ace.2493)

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

People complained about Overflows, so arenanet made all maps overflows xD

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

shogei.8015

….Just my two cents. Maybe if they develop some sort of API system to let us know when temple events occur in megaserver zones (like it worked before) would fix some of the issue for me, as well as making it so that the population cap of each zone is less. If I had my druthers, megaservers would be removed and we’d go back to the way it was before. For those in low population servers, I would simply remove them and give those players free server transfers.

I think the long-suggested “Underflow” server would work well for those situations. The first person to enter Brisban, for example, would spawn an underflow instance. All others entering Brisban would be added to that instance until you got to around 20-30 people, at which point you would start sending new entrants to their home server. The number could be pretty low as the group events in random areas can easily be done with 20 or fewer people. For boss events people would end up piling into their home servers and spawning overflows, as they previously did.

Guild warrior for life!

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Megaservers is the # patch that has ruined this game. Worst patch ever. I don’t think Anet even realizes this, but then again this patch was designed for only casual players. They don’t care about organized guilds like TTS or players who like to play with people they know.

Good job Anet. Are you ever going to admit you made a mistake?

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

Spreading? It’s already spread, and I’m afraid the patient’s terminal.

It’s in Gendarran now. Zerg Wars 2 is in full force. RIP server community. RIP any semblance of “self” contribution. Welcome one and all to the hivemind.

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

It appears Sparkfly Fen was just made a megaserver map. In the middle of prepping for Teq people started getting tossed in random maps.

Are there any zones that aren’t on the system yet?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Posted by: ANGELofPAIN.4809

ANGELofPAIN.4809

patch done … megaserver reaches queensdale …

nobody reacts at my english posts at mapchat with my german client … yay … thx to the default filter

edit: divinity’s reach and gendarran-fields also megaserver

i would say … gw2 map is now 100% megaserver

(edited by ANGELofPAIN.4809)

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

MegaServer is by far the dumbest kittening thing that you have ever done anet. I’ve been a long time fan, and supporter, but you are making it really hard for me to try and run a guild in your game.

I feel like all community feedback is being ignored and you are just pushing forward with something that YOU decided is best for everyone, even though clearly it is not.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

It’s just sad really. I understand the concept behind doing this, Arenanet want more people to play with each other rather than be on ‘empty’ maps, but now server community has literally been destroyed in favour of global/world community.

Posted by: Byter.9051

Byter.9051

Also can we be told BEFORE a map get MS’d because like 20 mins before Teq today Sparkfly got MS’d and it made it really confusing…. People that were in main before the ninja couldn’t get reinforcements.

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

I miss my server. Yes, I can still see people I know in cities, but out in the open world I’m surrounded by strangers.

Actually, cities are all on the megaserver now.

So yeah, we have no server communities anymore. It’s bullkitten that the only way we can interact with our servers now is in WvW, since more than half the people I see on any given map are NOT from my home server.

I got used to seeing familiar faces at temples, world bosses, in cities and map chat all over. Now I’m lucky if I can spot more than maybe 5-10 people from a Tarnished Coast guild, no matter where I am.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

(edited by storiessave.3807)

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

It’s just sad really. I understand the concept behind doing this, Arenanet want more people to play with each other rather than be on ‘empty’ maps, but now server community has literally been destroyed in favour of global/world community.

Anet does not care about the hardcore PvE guilds that work together to do content, or the +5000 man guilds like TTS that was a crown example of a stellar community in GW2.

How incredibly short sighted and disrespectful it is for them to ignore a large portion of their playerbase and to throw them to the side of the curb just so that map explorers and newbies have people (complete strangers) to play with.

Sorry Anet, I understand what you’re trying to accomplish, but the benefits do not outweigh the negatives.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

1. Make defending events reward daily chest (like attacking events do. One single daily chest for either defending or attacking that specific temple)
2. Make defending events give the same skill unlocks that attacking events would have given

There. Now there shouldn’t be a problem with Orr temples being kept open 24/7 by players.

Posted by: PeiJing.8764

PeiJing.8764

In the name of the LBM (Le Bus Magique) guild, I would like to give a little feedback on how we experienced megaservers.

Our purpose, as a guild, is to help people and plan guild missions for people from our home server (Augury’s Rock) and from other French speaking server. We actually have more than 500 members in the guild, using a turnover system to avoid absenteeism and to be able to recruit anyone who wants to get rewards.

Guild missions were planned last Sunday, and we have experienced some issues:

- We consistently had one part of the 120+ members of the guild who were taking part in the missions getting on other versions of the map, with the impossibility to join each others in a single version of the map by creating groups because the worlds were already full. This led to a huge organization issue: it usually takes about one hour to finish our guild missions. On Sunday, we spent about 2 hours and a half ~ 3 hours to finish them.

- We succeded at finishing some of them, but nothing appears in the guild tab to confirm that. Here are some screenshots showing the issue (sorry, they’re in French):
http://www.lebusmagique.fr/medias/images/fin.du.puzzle.du.20-04-2014.jpg
http://www.lebusmagique.fr/medias/images/echec.des.mission.de.guild.20-04-2014.jpg

The megaservers fail at uniting players. Maps and guild missions are now shared between several guilds from several servers, when they should have stayed the way they were before, that is to say, shared between guilds from the same server, with which communication was already established and was way easier than with the way it is now.

We hope you’ll come out with something that will help large guilds to plan their missions more easily and allow players to play with the people they usually play with, as you told us in the first place.

Posted by: Ada.6249

Ada.6249

Guild Missions sucked really bad this week. We had two parties and without fail, whenever we’d all try to assemble on a map, one party would be on one instance and another party would be on another instance. It’s really not acceptable to me that this is the case. We’re supposed to be matched to maps based on guild members already present and people in our friends lists and this is simply not true from my experience.

Incidentally, the feedback to the RP community to, “Guild up,” rings even more hollow now.

Posted by: Laetitia.9576

Laetitia.9576

Dear Developers and Guild Wars Players out there.

I don’t know if I am alone out there with the Problems i see in the Short and Long Run with the Mega Server System that i like so state. The Long Version of this is on http://dzagonur.wordpress.com/2014/04/22/megaserver-guilds-and-servercommunity-long-version/

Problem One: Guilds
I lead a guild. Normally we would search for new players to show them the world, the WvW Area, and help them wherever we can.
But now, if we find someone we really like, chances are they don’t share our server, what means, that we cant’ play everywhere together.
And since not at least the cities are home server bound, i see no real chance in getting pve & wvw players for our server outside of wvw anymore. So no finding new players and showing them the world at the very beginning of their experience, which was very important for us.

Second: Server Community
Our guild is rooted deeply in our server community. I know many of the guilds, and most of the active Players, and i like reading the same names in the map chat. These People are now scattered through many Zones, sadly.
They said in the beginning the zones will be sorted mostly weighted on your home server and your guild, or so i thought, wich would be awesome but it doesnt work.
Third: Guild Missions
We as a guild have guild missions. There is no way of knowing beforehand what and where we end up. The last time we tried, our people got scattered through the zones all the time. No Idea how this should work in the future, but it really needs a fix.

Fourth. Making Clients Invisible
I like playing in English, German and French. My client changes its language as i see fit since i can understand the languages. But since the chat option to make people of other client languages out is activated automatically, it really calls for problems. And i dont really know why you did this, i mean, guild wars 2 has an awesome diverse community, and now you are blocking people out by default just because they like the sound of a character in a different language than their peers on the home server. I chose a german server, and speak german in map chat, guild and whisper all the time, so i dont see why my changing client languages should make me invisibly, by Default (! o.o ) to my peers on my beloved server. And the option was put in the game so quietly most people dont even know it exists, or that they could not even see map answers of guild colleagues for example. (We tried, didnt work :_:) or from the other people on the home server. I know many People wo speak german in the map chat but play in english because of awesome voice actors. Why discriminate diversity? If you just sort for home servers instead, people still talk in the language they really choose for the home server.

Fifth: Rival Server in the Same Room
Another important Point, i think, that really bothers me: Through WvW and Harder World Bosses (Tequatl, worm, harder tempel events etc), The server Communities got actively encouraged to act together, and form a core. We got a Feeling of our server and are battling the other servers actively.
And now you are putting people, wo are actively plotting against each other in case of wvw for the sake of their home server, in the same map. I dont see how this is going to work, i mean, either you really destroy the communitys that were necessary, especially for the smaller servers, to get something going, or you are really begging for war in the map chats because you put server communitys together that really don’t like each other.
I really liked that now there are challenges and People have to think and work together first before the world events could get going. You got people together, and the communities that formed were really great, now they are scattered.

Sixth: Server Organized Events
The just called server communities are trying to get Big World Events running, even though there is the megaserver system. But now you put all problems together. If you try to get the people on the server to the event, they will be scattered through the zones, unable to play or help their guild and server mates.

Seventh: Bad Internet Connection
And at last, the new System really destroys the chances of playing for everyone who isn’t lucky enough to have a internet connection that is good for gaming.

Since every Map is full at every Time now, these people don’t even get a chance to enter the guild chat and ask in which map they have to go without waiting another 20 minutes in the loading screen. I don’t see the fairness in that.

Thanks for reading to all who got it this far, i know it was a really long text, and my english is not the most perfect.

I hope it helps, and would be very glad about feedback.

Have a wonderful Day!

Salvia Nachtwächter,
GuildLeader of NOX

Salvia Nachtwächter
Head of “Die Nachtwächter” [NOX]
Dzagonur

Posted by: Helequin.2608

Helequin.2608

So I have just learned that without announcement, ANet has pushed forward the Megaserver onto all maps.

SHAME!

This is not even close to the “We’ll test things out and see,” approach promised. This is “whack-a-mole” implementation if I have ever seen it, something ANet has time and time again spouted off about wanting to avoid.

I am an RPer, a guild leader and had my doubts. Even still, I welcomed a limited test to see how Megaservers turned out.

By the first test it was entirely obvious they were broken. Parties and guilds are being scattered to all different instances. Home server doesn’t even seem to fit the equation. RPs are being trolled mercilessly by people from outside the unofficial RP servers. The forum reviews are overwhelmingly negative from all sides of the game, regardless of interest.

WvW people, PvE people, RPers all in the majority hate this change.

And then, with no notice, ANet you have gone and made it game wide.

Such customer service, in any format and any industry is completely and totally unacceptable. Most of us, would be out of jobs and out of clients if we worked in such a manner.

I do not know if there is a road back at this time, other than withdrawing Megaservers entirely and reworking the entire idea before trying it again. But ANet, something has to be done here, just look at the multiple threads on this forum by and large decrying this mess.

Posted by: pants.9052

pants.9052

It saddens me to think that ANet worked so kitten this update and it came out as complete garbage. Don’t get me wrong, the wardrobe is snazzy, the full set town clothes are alright, and the PvE locker is pretty rad. That being said, everything else is horrid. The megaservers destroyed server communities—y’know, the main reason I bought this game in the first place. And don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying my server did not have its own problems, but this was certainly not the way to fix it. Instead of implementing a rather untested system essentially all at the same time, would it not have been better to do it map-by-map and see how things go? Start with something like Snowden Drifts and go from there—or something. I’m just tossing out ideas. I’d much rather the servers go back the way they were, y’know, before this update. In addition, the new waypoint system is horrendous. I have to pay for two waypoints just because one may become contested at any point in time? That seems like a huge overstep.

Posted by: Ellura.3891

Ellura.3891

From an RPers perspective, it’s just frustrating and saddening to know you might be missing out on random RP, or even RP with guildies because you are in a different map.

My guild always hangs out in a certain spot in Caledon- we have to check now to see if we are in different maps. Constantly having to put out messages in guild chat to see if anyone is in our usual spot- or can’t get in.

Kinda breaks up the guild and we are worried our RP experience will suffer of this goes on.

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Well remember Guild Wars 1 was a megaserver except you could select the instances. Besides the language, guild mission, and world event issues, I don’t see a huge problem with megaservers.

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Isn’t it obvious? It’s cheaper to create maps as needed. This change had nothing to do with being able to play with more people, it was about saving money. Someone who probably doesn’t even play the game decided that they could save a bunch on server costs by doing this and that the total annihilation of individual server communities was an acceptable loss. Then, they told the marketing team to write up a bunch of posts to convince customers that it was actually about them.

Welcome to everything that is wrong with this industry.

Posted by: Kelly.5293

Kelly.5293

I can’t thank you enough for such a great patch !! I love almost everything i just have one issue. . .

All of my named transmuted weapons have changed to the junk weapons they were transmuted with for stats! This is seriously upsetting.

1. My beautiful Wings of Dwayna that i worked hard for – Now called Berserker’s Bandit Longbow of Bloodlust !! . . Major Sadface

2. I worked so so hard for Mjolnir!! I love it so much and am so proud of this amazing weapon. Just for this weapon i crafted 500 weaponsmith and transmuted it with an ascended hammer to be a super leet Pink Mjolnir. . . . . I’m so upset it’s now called Zojja’s War Hammer. . Really?? This is just aweful .. . I would never have done that! My hammer has lost all appeal now. Zojja < Thor

3. My amazing Light of Dwayna back piece – Now called Beta Fractal Capacitor (Infused) . . .Sadface

4. My really cool Tormented shield! Had to have it soon as it came out. My favorite weapon from GW1 !! – Now called . . . Guild Defender. .just pathetic . .major sadface

5. Dreamthistle Axe. My memories of one of my favorite living story events! I just had to get something to remind me of the tower of nightmares!!! – Now called a Molten Axe . . ? really

5. Really cool Horns of the Dragon!! Thank you so much for this skin .. – Now called Devon’s Helm . . . :’’(

6. Love Halloween! who doesn’t! Had to have the Grinning Gourd Rifle! It’s soo awesome! – Unfortunately for me it’s now called Rifle of Dragon’s Deep

7. Zodiac Warhorn!! So awesome. It’s Hilarious ! I had to have it! . . . – Now called an Inquest Warhorn. . . It loses it’s Zodiac feel now. .

8. Ilex of Agony. . .My favorite sword in the game.. I’m glad i never transmuted it now!!

9. All of my great T3 armor sets that i worked so hard to get. .. .all junk names IE. . Heavy Aurora Breastplate .. . Big Sadface .. You cant even buy them as exotic. Why would i spend 120gold for named exotics you have to transmute to some junky name . . .It’s takes so much away.

please please fix all of this! I cant even buy transmutation splitters to get them back anymore. . .

I’m no longer going to go for any named exotics and i have no interest in BLTP claim tickets for weapon skins that just lose their names.. . .

This is super disappointing and thinking of opening a support ticket.

:’’(

(edited by Kelly.5293)

Posted by: Ellura.3891

Ellura.3891

In addition, there are a lot more PvEers that come through the map now, I guess that’s the point, but when Role Players create a character on a Role Play server (however unofficial) like Tarnished Coast, we are doing so with Role Play in mind- unfortunately, when there are more players -who are not interested in Role Play- on the map, the Role Play suffers. Trolls- trolls everywhere! It’s very easy to block them but when they sit their model on yours, transforming into various cats for an hour and a half, or start pulling mobs on you, it ruins the experience.

Anet has taken relatively good care of role players so far and I hope they keep us in mind.

Posted by: Izzy.8963

Izzy.8963

Isn’t it obvious? It’s cheaper to create maps as needed. This change had nothing to do with being able to play with more people, it was about saving money. Someone who probably doesn’t even play the game decided that they could save a bunch on server costs by doing this and that the total annihilation of individual server communities was an acceptable loss. Then, they told the marketing team to write up a bunch of posts to convince customers that it was actually about them.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Posted by: CessCJ.4059

CessCJ.4059

That about sums it up. And it’s sad… because such an amazing game, was turned to kitten.

I would honestly, rather pay a fee per month, than to deal with the awful megaserver system.

Quaggan forever.

(edited by CessCJ.4059)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Yeah, this is bad. When a guild kicks off a new mission, they should be able to choose whether to create a new instance. It is annoying.

Yes, as I’ve been saying since the first announcement of the Megaserver, Private overflows, is the simplest solution that solves every single problem the Megaserver caused. The sooner we get them, the sooner the Megaserver failure will be left behind and nobody would complain about it anymore.

The point of the megaservers was to save money by not having to spawn as many map instances as before. If you allow private instances, that’s “wasting” money on instances again.

Of course, they could sell private instances in the gemstore, but I’m not sure how well that’ll go over with the community.

How did you get to the conclusion that they did it to save money? A server hardware can run multiple instances of the same map, overflows are created on existing hardware, not on some “new” hardware that appears out of nowhere so overflows can be placed on it. And even so, a “busy”, full zone requires far more server resources than a couple of empty maps. I doubt they saved much money with the megaserver.

No gemstore required. Interract with Guild Mission starting point: option to create new instance, port your guild, open it up for randoms, do the missions, profit. They could try adding something in the gemstore for the creation of instances but that wouldn’t solve any problems (nobody would use it)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Well remember Guild Wars 1 was a megaserver except you could select the instances. Besides the language, guild mission, and world event issues, I don’t see a huge problem with megaservers.

Communication (language), Guild Missions and World Events ARE Huge problems! That’s all an organised group can do in this game and megaservers destroyed it.

Posted by: TeeRexx.6570

TeeRexx.6570

Hey guys, I see that you are enjoying having a sense of community, and esprit de corps. KITTEN THAT HAVE MEGASERVERS INSTEAD

Posted by: Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Despite all the problems indicated in this treat, storiessave.3807 sums them up pretty good in my opinion. The mega servers now have gone live in all the maps. Even though its not on the patch notes, but its impossible to miss in game.

Please adress the problems first. Guildmissions were a highlight everyweek, right now they are a pain with everyone shattered over multiple maps and qeuess for missions.

Running tempels with the server community is also impossible first you have to find a temple that is not open, then you have to try to get everyone on the same map copy, and when you did that one, the whole process starts again.
Also the nice worldboss runs with a server community has been changed in large ransom zerg battles where you do not know approx 80% of the players at all.

Did we ask more more random zerg battles lately??? well we got them anyway.

please address the issues first so we can keep playing content in larger groups without having to struggle with taxi-ing everyone every time we change maps.

Vin Lady Venture, of The Rising Falcons [RiFa]
member of the Fissure of Woe (FoW) community

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

I figure this is how Anet wants to save up server space and processing power for the new maps coming out this year with the LivingWorld progressing. Its purely a financial decision made by the higher-ups who only think of players as a source of direct profit and knows/cares nothing of the people behind the statistics.

So the question is, with the (assumed) promise of brand new maps coming with the LW, do we feel any better about all this? Is the price worth the new maps?

For me, thats a clear NO. With everything experienced regarding the Megaservers, and the Living World quality, i dont have much hope for the future of the game.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Seems ok to me i like going into a city that tends to have no one there but now there are ppl there making it feel more like a real city then just an npc zone. This is true for other low pop zones that are non cites. I was in Rata Sum today and there where ppl there real ppl talking in /m (some where trolls but not all of them) there was a nice person with rabbit ears and i started to talk with them asked what world they where from etc.. over all i enjoyed it. See an mmorpg is more about playing with other ppl then the game it self the game tends to be an excuse to interact with other ppl the best games let you interact with ppl more freely this seems to be a great way for GW2 pve to go.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

So the reason why people chose different servers is because they wanted particular types of people to play with, they chose Piken Square or Tarnished Coast if they wanted to roleplay. Here in the EU they chose a language server if they wanted to play with people who spoke that language.

That choice is now meaningless; Anet has decided you’ll randomly play with whomever their glitched, rubbish, face saving system puts you with. But don’t worry if you can’t understand each other, they’ll just auto-block any language difference.

Why in the name of kitten, did they choose to roll this out when they were going on vacation? Why have they rolled this out with zero communication to us over that period, then come back to work and despite our protests and concerns, carried on rolling it out?

Do they not give a kitten about their customers? Did EA buy them out when we weren’t looking? Or is it just NCSoft caring more about their precious Asian market and the China release, to give two jots about us?