Glider idea - Profession Style

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

What if each Elite Specialization could unlock their very own Glider skin somehow? Like a collection of sorts.

As following:

Dragonhunter: Wings of Resolve
Fly on the wings of Love and Righteous Fury, teaching all those Mordrem the important lessons of peace, understanding and (very) aggressive foreign exploitation politics.

Druid: Wyvern Flight
Trusty Wyvern spreads his wings and takes you on a ride through the skies. Scratchmarks, bitemarks and any for of damage to apparel or clothing not covered by the warranty. Malnourished specimen are prone to breaking up mid-flight.

Scrapper: Gyrocopter
Because whenever you run out of Endurance you get to shout “Black Hawk down! Black Hawk Down!” Humming “Flight of the Valkyries” is optional. Screaming it at the top of your lungs is highly encouraged.

Herald: Wings of the Dragon
Dragon’s got your back. LITERALLY!

Tempest: Furious Winds
Today’s weather forecast is windy with a great risk for Awesome. Mordrem and other dragon critters are suggested to stay indoors.

Daredevil: Assassin’s Kite
It’s like the movie about Flying Kites, just involving more action, fighting, daring stunts and definite death from above! … Actually, it’s nothing at all like the movie.

Daredevil ALTERNATE: Cape
Not the Hero Tyria deserves, but the one it… Wait, wrong hero. Wrong company, even. Man, I screwed this one up pretty bad…

Reaper: Reaper’s Flight
Clad yourself in the Reaper’s robes and soar the night skies. Noone defies death. Unless it’s you, and the kind of Death is by gravity. But you kinda ARE Death so… perks of the job? Let’s go with that.

Chronomancer: Illusionary Wings
Maybe it’s a mind trick and you’re actually down on the ground all along? Maybe you’re suspending yourself in air through manipulating time and space? Maybe it’s Maybelline.

Berserker: An angry stare at the Ground
Gravity simply fears the implications of simultaneously making you angry and propelling you towards the earth at terminal velocity, so it let’s you stay afloat until you’ve found that perfect spot for a vacation home. And it Better!

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

(edited by TheSwede.9512)

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

Haha, I’m not sure if it would be fair to have each profession locked to a particular glider skin, but that was a fun read. Especially the Beserker part.

Posted by: IEatCabbage.1907

IEatCabbage.1907

lol sounds not bad

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Brilliant! Especially the references. I don’t think you’re suggesting locking in each profession glider skin, as Heraldusluminare fears, but rather providing a skin for each profession which can then be changed. Great idea.

“Fly on the wings of Love and Righteous Fury!”

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

nice ones ahhaahahahaha

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Brilliant! Especially the references. I don’t think you’re suggesting locking in each profession glider skin, as Heraldusluminare fears, but rather providing a skin for each profession which can then be changed. Great idea.

“Fly on the wings of Love and Righteous Fury!”

Indeed I am not, I’m just suggesting they be unlocked through some sort of collection or challenge attributed to the Elite Spec in question. Once unlocked, I could see them available to every character on the account, yepyep.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Posted by: Phillip.9318

Phillip.9318

Brilliant ideas! It would be great if this got added to the game as optional glider skins. Made my day

Posted by: Marshall Sed.8643

Marshall Sed.8643

Actually, I believe that the reaper (especially when in shroud) should get Binky.

Sorry…that was me….. :(

Posted by: piza.9310

piza.9310

Chronomancer: Illusionary Wings
Maybe it’s a mind trick and you’re actually down on the ground all along? Maybe you’re suspending yourself in air through manipulating time and space? Maybe it’s Maybelline.

A bird phantasm that carries the Chronomancer.

Posted by: Triangulator.2867

Triangulator.2867

So long as my berserker stands still, arms crossed, back straight, staring with conviction at the ground or in front of him as he just moves forward with a slight decreasing arc. Furthermore I should get a whisper from gravity after every moment like this in which it thanks me for not getting mad.

I then went to skin the zerker glider to my engi.

Posted by: niceusername.8745

niceusername.8745

These are hilarious, and I would want every single on of them! If something like this were implemented, a collection achievement would be the perfect way to get them too! Though, I wouldn’t be opposed to other acquisition methods either.

I’m looking at you Black Lion Trading Company.

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

So long as my berserker stands still, arms crossed, back straight, staring with conviction at the ground or in front of him as he just moves forward with a slight decreasing arc. Furthermore I should get a whisper from gravity after every moment like this in which it thanks me for not getting mad.

I then went to skin the zerker glider to my engi.

Just like M. Bison right? LOL!

They’d give you Magneto and make you live with it.

(I’d rather the M. Bison in this case too. He does make it look like he is upset at gravity.)

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I like your style OP. ~thumbs up~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.