Guild Wars 2 April fools 2015 [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Noxty.5089

Noxty.5089

Alright it’s February, lets start talking about the REAL hype train, the annual GW2, April Fools prank by Anet.

So the other night my guildees and I started discussing possible April Fools pranks that we think would be hilarious; here they are:

Troll Dailies:
For the dailies of April 1st, Anet should give us the most ridiculous, impossible, obnoxious dailies you could think of! Here are some of our ideas:
Daily legendary crafter
Daily Yakslapper Achievement
Daily 10k trash collector achievement
Etc, there were more but I can’t remember them all, tell us your own troll daily you’d like to see.

Wannabe a YAK Day
As a tribute to the impossible Yakslapper Achievement for April 1st, Anet would transform every Ambient creature, or any mob if they feel up to the challenge, into a Yak(But only in the WvW maps). And none of these would count for Yakslapper Achievement. Now there was a variant to this idea, instead of transforming the mobs they’d transform the players into yaks where you’ll see everyone else as a yak but on your own screen you see your character normally.

And last but not least…
A paper bag helmet with Colin’s face on it, if not just a paper bag.

So what you think? Got any other ideas for an April fools joke? Let us know!

Posted by: Ethros.1453

Ethros.1453

A test run for a new SPvP Mode … Emote Battles.
or just changing out the finishers to show a random emote

~Mr. Illuminati
Inspiration is only as good as it’s interpreter

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Last years April fools was the bobble head thing. I wouldn’t expect much more exciting this year.

The Burninator

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

There are several old gw1 pranks that would be fun.
1) everyone turned into a mini pet
2) the stick figure model April fools prank
3) the inverted player/mini pet sizes

(Forum is being stupid about multiple pictures, so I’ll just post one) >.>

Attachments:

Posted by: Wendigo.5278

Wendigo.5278

I vote to bring back Gwen-chan.

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

-All the dailies are Super-Adventure-Box Challenges (Daily Bauble Collector, Daily Tribulation mode, etc)

-Super Adventure Box still closed.

I would rage so hard.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Good suggestions keep ’em coming LOL.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They could gender swap everyone for a day. Same slider settings. I’ve checked via Makeover kit, and attractive people of one gender come out decidedly odd with a simple gender swap.

I imagine that would upset a lot of people who care what gender they are playing, though, and some would rush to use kits to get back, and then get messed up with the global return to normal the next day and have wasted kits (real money for some of them), so I can’t really countenance actually doing this.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

The permanent status effect “Vampire” is applied to everyone, and you rapidly lose health if you step out into sunlight. If you can survive in the sun for 1 minute you will get an account bound legendary of your choice that can not be equipped and does not unlock the skin.

(edited by Lazaar.9123)

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

They could gender swap everyone for a day. Same slider settings. I’ve checked via Makeover kit, and attractive people of one gender come out decidedly odd with a simple gender swap.

When they did that in GW1, I just loved the way my sweet necromancer girl looked as male. So, I ended up making a male necromancer who was exactly the opposite of my female one…

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

-All the dailies are Super-Adventure-Box Challenges (Daily Bauble Collector, Daily Tribulation mode, etc)

-Super Adventure Box still closed.

I would rage so hard.

I was thinking along these lines too.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Please no gender swap…that would just be annoying. The bobblehead thing and Super Adventure Box were nice, at least (or humorous for a while).

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Please no gender swap…that would just be annoying. The bobblehead thing and Super Adventure Box were nice, at least (or humorous for a while).

Isn’t that the point of a prank?

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Turn everyone into Trahearne.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

Attachments:

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Turn everyone into child form. I would love to see some of my charr characters in cub form. xD

Though I have no idea how they’d do that for Sylvari characters. >.>

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

All sylvari characters are unable to log in, and a pop up warns the player that he is a “suspected Mordremoth sympathizer”.

They announce that the trait system revamp consists in keeping the current system, but there aren’t trait guides any more.

The “4 events daily” is in Frostgorge Sound, but all champions become white creatures with no loot.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Hello Kitty Theme approved.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Some people love 24 hours of ANYTHING different. It’s a hoot as well as a break from the routine. Other people immediately come to the forums and vent their rage at being forced to participate in something so childish. (The nerve of this company!)

ANet did a nice thing last year in giving the players the ability to relive their Bobbleheadedness anytime with a Gem Store purchase.

I would suggest this year that they also address the haters, since their voices tend to ruin the fun for the rest of us. Mail everyone a “Happy April Fool’s Day” letter when they log in. It would do two things: First it would answer all those people who log in and ask “Why is my character a Skritt?” Second, it could point out an April Fool’s Day NPC that they can visit to opt in/opt out of the festivities. Everyone wins.

THANK YOU for starting up this topic. Hopefully they’ll have time enough to implement some suggestions.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They’ll reveal 2v2 and 3v3 arenas. It’ll get us good. :<

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

We need an update from Corporal Bane.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Solo Dungeons

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Some people love 24 hours of ANYTHING different. It’s a hoot as well as a break from the routine. Other people immediately come to the forums and vent their rage at being forced to participate in something so childish. (The nerve of this company!)

ANet did a nice thing last year in giving the players the ability to relive their Bobbleheadedness anytime with a Gem Store purchase.

I would suggest this year that they also address the haters, since their voices tend to ruin the fun for the rest of us. Mail everyone a “Happy April Fool’s Day” letter when they log in. It would do two things: First it would answer all those people who log in and ask “Why is my character a Skritt?” Second, it could point out an April Fool’s Day NPC that they can visit to opt in/opt out of the festivities. Everyone wins.

THANK YOU for starting up this topic. Hopefully they’ll have time enough to implement some suggestions.

Concerning the Bobblehead prank. It made me physically sick and I wasn’t able to play that entire day because of it. So please think of that before you label all of us “haters”.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Worst April Fools joke: Announce HoT release date to be April 1st, 2017

Posted by: Sesbog.8705

Sesbog.8705

All weapons white quality will have a new collection of legendary skins

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

all player models are wireframes and story related enemies (like bandits, son of swanir, nightmare court) are all 8 bit.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

On april 1st, anet will tell us that HoT was just a joke. It’s not coming.
Imagine the horror that will follow.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Concerning the Bobblehead prank. It made me physically sick and I wasn’t able to play that entire day because of it. So please think of that before you label all of us “haters”.

Well you hated it because it made you physically sick, right? Wouldn’t my suggestion for a way to opt out still help? Whatever.

I think my positive suggestion is the more important thing to take away from my post than the fact that I might not have been politically correct in my wording. I hope it gets implemented in some form.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Anime style blood effects!

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Noxty.5089

No problem, lets just hope they don’t already have the 2015 april fools prank all set and ready.

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

They can do what my high school did one year. The school sent everyone an email saying that we would not be allowed on campus unless we had uniforms on. Instead of uniforms, Anet can say that GW2 AND GW1 will from now on take the monthly fee method only to say “April Fools!” the next day. I can already see the hate posts and rages.

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

On April 1st make all home cities open pvp with a 30 minute immunity once you’re killed so it doesn’t get out of hand. Would be really rude awakening to port in and get jumped by a roaming zerg lol…. imagine the surprise.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

For the most part, the April Fools joke has always been some alteration of the normal to the game. While a news post on the site can be a joke, something different will change in-game.

Honestly, I don’t really want to guess at what they’re going to do, though, as any idea I suggest will almost definitely not happen then. I’m just ready to be surprised and ride the wave when it hits.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

April 1st: Heart of Thorns release:

Paperback and Hardback available.

hue

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Noxty.5089

Well if they don’t take our suggestions, which is perfectly fine, maybe somewhere down the road like 2 years they will! That way we won’t expect it, other than that then we’re just a bunch of blokes telling each other jokes.

Posted by: int randInt return.3280

int randInt return.3280

Entire soundtrack replaced by the same songs sung acapella by the the dev team. Poorly.

On every NPC, next to the relevant facts explaining what the target does, add one to three irrelevant facts, such as “Vegetarian”, “Alto Saxophonist”, “Dropout”, etc.

Crank up the rate of the utterances the player characters, NPCs, and other sources (such as Job-o-Tron Backpacks) say so that one is guaranteed to be said every time possible.

Misplace mob types randomly throughout the game world. (IE: Separatists in Orr, Mordrem in Ascalon, Sons of Svanir in Kryta…)

Give everyone the perpetual effects of at least one comedic legendary, randomly selected on every map load. (Quip, Dreamer, Moot)

Translate all in-game text (in English, at least) to “Bork! Bork! Bork!”. Probably skip the voice acting.

Replace a bunch of the voice acting with random outtakes for the same line.

Switch the voices of player character types randomly. For example, a male human may spend the day speaking with the voice and lines of a female Asura.

Replace junk/trophy drops that are of no practical value with “fake precursors”, which have orange names, but are sorted like and behave identically to normal junk items. They may have misspelled names as well, such as “The Legand”, “Zip”, “Spork”, or “Tooth of Firstfang”. After the gag ends, possibly either convert them into corresponding normal junk items, or don’t, and leave the fakes in just for amusement’s sake.

Replace world bosses models with models of developers dressed up as those same world bosses. Have those developers’ voices replace the vocal sounds ordinarily made by the world bosses.

Have every NPC in game with the appropriate animations available dance continuously whenever idle.

Make the visible dyes on every character completely random, regardless of the selected dyes. The randomization can be redone on every map load.

Make the visible armor and weapon skins on every character completely random, regardless of the selected skins. The randomization can be redone on every map load.

Spawn the wrong world boss at every world boss event. IE: after destroying the Dragon totem at the Frozen Maw, the Karka Queen wanders up and tells you to “Face the wrath of Dragon!”, then fights you with the Karka Queen’s normal moves, but level scaled for the Frozen Maw event.

Crafters [CRFT]
We do open missions every Sunday night.
Contact Mistoffelees in game if you’re interested.

Noxty.5089

Anet please T_T

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Entire soundtrack replaced by the same songs sung acapella by the the dev team. Poorly.

I would buy that OST twice.

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

it is just way too early for this. :-)

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Scarlet returns.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Spears. Land spears UNVEILED!

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Imagine if they did this to guild wars 2.

Only with Trahearne’s voice.

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

April 1st: Heart of Thorns release:

Paperback and Hardback available.

hue

This made me laugh harder than it should have. XD

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I actually have a feeling it will tie into the whole “Sylvari belong to Mordremoth” thing. All players are temporarily transformed into Sylvari and randomly start seeing strange hallucinations and ominous phrases.

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I actually have a feeling it will tie into the whole “Sylvari belong to Mordremoth” thing. All players are temporarily transformed into Sylvari and randomly start seeing strange hallucinations and ominous phrases.

Except for sylvari characters. They will become humans.

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

On April 1st make all home cities open pvp with a 30 minute immunity once you’re killed so it doesn’t get out of hand. Would be really rude awakening to port in and get jumped by a roaming zerg lol…. imagine the surprise.

The chaos. I like it.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

YES! Roaming zergs in Lion’s Arch please!

Posted by: Yamiga.7863

Yamiga.7863

I want the troll balance update notes back x)

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

that would be awesome

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

that would be awesome

Everyone turns into a member of Destiny’s Edge according to their race.