Human or Norn warrior?

Human or Norn warrior?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gordon L.2503

Gordon L.2503

I want Norn just because of their height but I’ve heard that Norn animations are weird.
The story is also boring and it makes you a bigger target which is why some people prefers asura warriors for the animations and hitbox advantage in pvp. Im leaning towards the human but can anyone tell me why I should go Norn other than the size?

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

The only thing I can think of is that the Human voiceover style is not very suited for anything other than a noble squishy rogue or mesmer, sadly. So if you want an immersive experience as a classic warrior type, you’re better off making a Norn.

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

All races have the exact same hitbox, they just have different visual sizes. In Competative PvP you can also set all enemy models to use a human default model, for easy recognition.

As for why you would go Norn over Human? Depends on what you’re after and how much you care about flair such as “Lore” and “Fantasy”.

Male Norn are big and lumbering, so they -feel- slower than other races while running about even if they aren’t. I’m personally not a big fan of their Sword Animations, but their Axe Animations are better than Human ones. Female Norn aren’t very different from humans (Save for the fact that their running animations as well as GS/Staff animations are more powerful) and feel less sluggish than male Norn as a result.

Lorewise, I guess it’s if you wanna play a Viking-inspired berserker/raider/warrior archetype (in which case, Norn is your go-to) or a budding Adventurer/Knight archetype (In which case, Humans work better).

There’s also the part about the voice, since each race only has one VA. Humans will sound like a 20-something, young and rogue-ish adventurer both as male or female, while Norn will have much deeper voice befitting their size. (Though the Female Norn isn’t to many people’s liking due to a lack of investment, she sounds very bored and sheepish a lot of the time.)

Aside from that, there’re Cultural Armors that only the race can wear. Humans get different sets of Chainmail and Plate Armors more befitting knights, while Norn get furs and metals in a mix that looks straight out of the Viking Age.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Human or Norn warrior?

Gordon L.2503

What about pvp advantage? And should I make a separate OP magic, ranged, midget asura that can hide better in pvp? This community sure praises the unfairness alot

Human or Norn warrior?

Gordon L.2503

You can set enemies to human? Case closed I’m going Norn!

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

There is only one warrior race: Charr.
All of the others are just small humans, big humans, weird gray kids and walking salads swinging a sword and pretending to be a Charr.

Human or Norn warrior?

Gordon L.2503

All races have the exact same hitbox, they just have different visual sizes. In Competative PvP you can also set all enemy models to use a human default model, for easy recognition.

As for why you would go Norn over Human? Depends on what you’re after and how much you care about flair such as “Lore” and “Fantasy”.

Male Norn are big and lumbering, so they -feel- slower than other races while running about even if they aren’t. I’m personally not a big fan of their Sword Animations, but their Axe Animations are better than Human ones. Female Norn aren’t very different from humans (Save for the fact that their running animations as well as GS/Staff animations are more powerful) and feel less sluggish than male Norn as a result.

Lorewise, I guess it’s if you wanna play a Viking-inspired berserker/raider/warrior archetype (in which case, Norn is your go-to) or a budding Adventurer/Knight archetype (In which case, Humans work better).

There’s also the part about the voice, since each race only has one VA. Humans will sound like a 20-something, young and rogue-ish adventurer both as male or female, while Norn will have much deeper voice befitting their size. (Though the Female Norn isn’t to many people’s liking due to a lack of investment, she sounds very bored and sheepish a lot of the time.)

Aside from that, there’re Cultural Armors that only the race can wear. Humans get different sets of Chainmail and Plate Armors more befitting knights, while Norn get furs and metals in a mix that looks straight out of the Viking Age.

I’ve done some research and i have not seen this changing all enemies to a certain race setting so far and I hope it is real.

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I’ve done some research and i have not seen this changing all enemies to a certain race setting so far and I hope it is real.

It’s called Standard Enemy Models. Its under Combat/movement > competitive if I recall correctly.

As said, all player hitboxes are the same size, there is no race advantage in game.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I would make one of each race you’re interested in and go to PvP to try out how the animations look, either on the golems or in an arena. It does make a difference. Also check out each race’s cultural armors, etc before you decide. I had a female Norn warrior and I switched over to Charr after trying that race out because I felt the Charr warrior animations were better than Norn.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

There is no mechanical difference in the hitboxes, if thats whats bothering you.
Story is only relevant for the first 30 levels, afternthat, all races follow the same path.
Animations of the norn are a bit slower than humans since theyre larger, but are not allowed to cross greater distances with same speed

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

Having never played as a human, I can’t testify for them.

Norn seem to lack some reasonable animation. Take an asura for comparison. Have one jump off a cliff. Arms and legs flailing, screaming (sometimes). Do the same with a Norn. They drop like a rock, no animation.

Probably why I play asura so much, they’re very animated, sometimes comically so.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: luger.3572

luger.3572

What about pvp advantage? And should I make a separate OP magic, ranged, midget asura that can hide better in pvp? This community sure praises the unfairness alot

Midget Asura?

Bookah!!!

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

There is only one warrior race: Charr.
All of the others are just small humans, big humans, weird gray kids and walking salads swinging a sword and pretending to be a Charr.

you mean the kitty cats running around trying to be tough, pffffff

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

But… but… Human Female is the Meta! :O

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: TheSlothArmada.6709

TheSlothArmada.6709

Human or Norn?
Did you mean to say Charr or Charr?

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Okay so Human Warriors have very different styles to Norn Warriors. Both work well, lore wise.

Humans however have faster paced animations, and more agile movements, just compared Eviscerate’s leap on humans to norn. If you’re looking for agile, technique based Warrior work, I’d go human.

Norns on the other hand, are more slow, but have bigger force behind their movements. They look slow and hulking and they are so just in terms of animation (everything is cosmetic). If you want the look of a pure power bruiser, I would go Norn.

Think of it like this, Humans are lightweight or featherweight boxers (where technique and skill is most important), and Norn are heavy weight (where power is the apex).

ALSO TO ADD an important note. Humans have most if not all armours made to their standards, and thus clip the least and are the easiest to make armours with.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I have a Norn warrior that, conceptually, I absolutely love. However, I’ve never gotten comfortable with his lumbering gait. Technically, he moves as fast as an asura, but it just doesn’t feel that way—it takes forever to to move him in any direction. Just in terms of character navigation I’ve found Sylvari to be ideal. But, we’re talking warrior here and if you want to go fierce and intimidating I’ll join the others and say: go Charr!

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I really like the Norn – however I hardly ever play them simply because they’re really huge and this makes you a target against enemies because players tend to love to take down the biggest thing they see.

Charr is a nice size – albeit a little widthy, height, more than anything, makes you a target. I’d go with Charr, human, sylvari, or asura personally. If you’re not worried about being a bigger target, then by all means go for Norn.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: keramatzmode.1906

keramatzmode.1906

Asura warrior so you feel like a small kitten cute guy who kills dudes 5x larger than him

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I kinda like the human female… the way she drags the GS and looks like it’s a struggle to swing it is kinda cool.

Asura is pretty neat, as well…

Human or Norn warrior?

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I have 3 warriors and i have a strict weapon choice for each race.

If i eventually make 5 warrior with each race each, they will be as below:
Human: greatsword, sword shield, longbow and rifle
Charr: dual axe, axe shield, greatsword and rifle
Notn: hammer, dual mace, mace shield and longbow
Sylvria: dual sword, sword axe, dual axe and longbow
Asura: rifle, greatsword, hammer and sword horn