Invisible Shoes! What the?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

No, sorry. I know nothing of code. Looks like a bunch of magic stacked neatly.

If I were a designer, I’d make the requirements something like doing something with no boots on, or making a collection prompt if the players boots get broken and turn invisible.
But I doubt it is anything of the sort. I wonder if Matthew got help and found his pair.

Posted by: Maridot.9084

Maridot.9084

Yeah it would really raise morale, even if barged in with them like “Hey guys, I got them without spawning them in my inventory! They’re in the game!”. That would mean it is not as we suspect at the very least.

However I do get the lingering feeling that obtaining them might be an inside joke and Matthew might know a lot of tiny little details we dont know of.

Hedge.8760

Until someone makes a random discovery, I guess we are stuck. :c

Maridot.9084

What I am going to rule out of the equation is silly things like doing content barefoot.
I mean I trust Arenanet enough to believe that they wont force us to kitten ourselves or miss out on unlocks because we used all of our gearslots.

I am also ruling out the mystic forge possibility because this would be the first specifically crafted piece of armor through the mystic forge. Which would be odd for it to be an invisible skin.

(edited by Maridot.9084)

Hedge.8760

I just saw someone on reddit post a list of new HoT skins in an effort to find their source.
Let’s hope they have better luck tracking these boots down.

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

Last night I remembered this little girl in Beetletun, talking about a
barefooted Norn Woman in Divinitys Reach. I checked the girl, if she has something else/something new to tell => nothing. This line is ingame since the beginning, so I guess it has no deeper meaning after all. And yes: I checked Divinitys Reach also
(random sampling). Oh, and yes: I also checked the girl with my own (barefooted) Norn. Nothing at all.

Can we please get a hint? I feel totaly lost …

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

(edited by Maria Murtor.7253)

Maridot.9084

This is how I feel we’re supposed to find them, in all honesty. There hasn’t even been anything vaguely leaning towards the invisible shoes in HoTs so far. Even with the Stealth seeing mastery.

Now so.. does anyone know of any Red Crystals available in the game?

(edited by Maridot.9084)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Does anyone know they show up in the API?

Which? The skins or the items?

The items. Doesn’t an item have an ID number that indicates if it’s from a recipe or just ordinary loot? Or maybe I’m thinking of their ID’s in the raw data file.

Without a bug occurring, they won’t show up in the API until someone makes or discovers them.

Maria Murtor.7253

If it is bad RNG, we are doomed. One week and no drop = We will never get them. I still hope, they can be crafted. Did anyone tried to throw the Invisible Slot Bags in the Mystic Forge?

BTW: Killed 5 Invisible Mushrooms and I will kill more (just in case). But if it is RNG, I dont have any hope …

Sariel V.7024

Alright, that makes sense, then. However what I really need to know is if it’s made in the mystic forge. Which I doubt in all honesty. However it could be the case and be an account bound item as there is no auction house slot for it in the AH.

I am currently trying to find a way to find the item on this api to see what flags it has. Does anyone know how to use this properly?

https://api.guildwars2.com/v1/item_details.json?item_id=46748

Ah forget that :/ There’s not a ready search feature, and it will only show things that have already been discovered. If you’re not prepared to pull down the API entries and sift through them, I recommend looking to see if the thing has appeared here:

http://www.gw2services.com/items/news

(46748, obviously, isn’t ready for release)

Sariel V.7024

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

So probably a stupidly rare drop from the invisible mushrooms then. I’ve been killing at least three every day (the one in VB, Auric, and Tangled — I haven’t gotten the opportunity to kill the one(s?) in Dragon’s Stand yet).

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

This should be a check-box feature for Charr feet slot, not an impossbile drop

Maria Murtor.7253

Curse! Probably the Invisible Mushrooms -.-
How often can you do these events a day? Just one time in each area? What about muliple characters?

Athena.3579

Curse! Probably the Invisible Mushrooms -.-
How often can you do these events a day? Just one time in each area? What about muliple characters?

Once a day per zone per account, it seems. At least for the “bonus” stuff (the, typically, rare item and invisible spore if you’re still doing collections).

There’s also an Invisible Mushroom King Tyranus (in Auric Basin — to the east of Wanderer’s Waypoint on ground level) that I haven’t actually been able to kill yet. I tried killing him outright, breaking the defiance bar (multiple times), killing the Queen (that is nearby) first and then killing/breaking Tyranus. No luck. It may also be a drop from him.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

They’re definitely not a glitch. I’ve been asking for a visibility toggle for the foot slot for a while, but to no avail. I think people finally got tired of my pestering and created this item for me to equip on all my characters so that they can be barefoot like me. :-)

Thank you!!

Maria Murtor.7253

There’s also an Invisible Mushroom King Tyranus (in Auric Basin — to the east of Wanderer’s Waypoint on ground level) that I haven’t actually been able to kill yet. I tried killing him outright, breaking the defiance bar (multiple times), killing the Queen (that is nearby) first and then killing/breaking Tyranus. No luck. It may also be a drop from him.

I visitited Tyrannus just a couple of minutes ago and tried my best (same thoughts you had). No effect.

All mushrooms dead. Next try tomorrow. Would be nice, if a developer could confirm, so we dont try for nothing.

Athena.3579

I don’t know how the API works.

Does this mean that someone definitely obtained the box? Or can it be that ANet edited it into the database for an upcoming patch?

I tried using the in-game chat code (for the boot box) and it didn’t work.

Maridot.9084

What is the invisible mushroom king tyranus event like?

Maria Murtor.7253

I gained a mastery point for attacking this guy. Like the other mushrooms the king does not attack, but also does not flee. His life seems limitless. Even if you beat the crap out of him and bring his health points to 0, he wont give any response.

Maridot.9084

I gained a mastery point for attacking this guy. Like the other mushrooms the king does not attack, but also does not flee. His life seems limitless. Even if you beat the crap out of him and bring his health points to 0, he wont give any response.

Sounds strange. Should we report it as a bug?

Maria Murtor.7253

Maybe it isn’t. But … you are right. It really sounds strange.

But besides: We still dont know, if the Mushrooms really drop the chest. It’s frustrating.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Same here, got an achieve for hitting him, he’s a whole lot weaker than the treasure mushrooms, but same mechanics, just runs around not attacking back.

Kept hitting him when he was at 0ish hp for a minute or 2, he just kept running, wasn’t sure if there was something else we needed to do to kill it, but I gave up n moved on.

Maria Murtor.7253

They joined the hunt. So many are searching. But nothing yet. We are screwed -.-

Posted by: kyeloon.5826

kyeloon.5826

Millions of players and no idea where to get them. The only thing we know is that it comes from a “buggy” (?) boot box which’s item code doesn’t work ingame… Did anybody get this boot box as loot yet?

Maria Murtor.7253

Uhm, why buggy? Did I missed something?

I have a new idea: Maybe the loot box is a (rare) drop after defeating the Itzel and/or Nuhoch Champion. Either way you have to complete the 5th level of the according mastery. It is quite possible, that you can earn these skins here: Most people dont have this mastery, because they focusing the Gliding Mastery. So only a small amount of players do have these Masterys. =>Less drops from these events.
I will complete the Itzel Leadership today and hope for the best.

kyeloon.5826

The “buggy” is a guess because the item code of the box doesn’t work.
Your comment makes sense for me and I am skilling this mastery, too but it takes so freaking long xD In the last three days I made 1/2 level on rank III

Maria Murtor.7253

First try and got a chest with crappy loot (I did not expect anything else). The Boss was very hard to solo, but I managed it and I will retry every day.

Based on the decription the reward of every Mastery Boss fight seems different. My next goal is to complete the Nuhoch and the Exalted Boss Mastery, so I can loot each chest per day. I still hope that I’m wrong. I hope for a easier way to get these skins (no RNG).

Posted by: gnelson.9701

gnelson.9701

Arenanet did say they were going to give us more challenging content… maybe that includes Mastery Boss fight in the barefoot… I would not just yet rule out a barefoot mechanic to loot said boot box.

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Maria Murtor.7253

From the Treasure Mushroom?

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I actually don’t like this. It looks weird on certain outfits like the Wedding Attire. Can we just have a toggleable option?

kyeloon.5826

omg. can you please tell us where/from what kind of creature you’ve got them? =)

(edited by kyeloon.5826)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

omg. can you please tell us where/from what kind of creature you’ve got them?

ikr. kinda rude.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Maridot.9084

Well I’ll be. If that isn’t shopped it’s relieving news that they indeed are in the game.

Could you disclose the location in which you found them kind sir?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Well I’ll be. If that isn’t shopped it’s relieving news that they indeed are in the game.

Messaged them in game and never got an answer, hopefully the respond though i want these so bad for my charr characters ;-;

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Athena.3579

They’re not photo-shopped, but you may wish they were. He chose the stompers and put them on the trading post for 1500 gold.

And you can’t really blame him. Heart of Thorns has been out for three weeks and he is, seemingly, one of the few that have obtained these — and it seems they’re an extremely rare drop. And while I don’t know where to get these definitively, it looks like they may end up being rarer than a precursor or even the rarest drop in the game.

I’m going to be extremely upset if either of those are the case. I’ve been killing at least three invisible treasure mushrooms a day for the last two weeks; recently I’ve also been killing the one in Dragon’s Stand and have still had no luck — if that is what they drop from.

EDIT: Just to add, I did manage to talk to him. He said he got them in Dragon’s Stand but did not remember where he got them from. He said he chose the stompers and put them on the trading post. So, possibly obtainable somehow in Dragon’s Stand — But I’d like to remind anyone reading this that he currently has 1500 gold at stake along with the uploading fee since he owns the market on these (at least the Invisible Stompers) at the moment.

(edited by Athena.3579)

kyeloon.5826

;_; oh no… now i fear i will never get them.

Maridot.9084

They’re not photo-shopped, but you may wish they were. He chose the stompers and put them on the trading post for 1500 gold.

And you can’t really blame him. Heart of Thorns has been out for three weeks and he is, seemingly, one of the few that have obtained these — and it seems they’re an extremely rare drop. And while I don’t know where to get these definitively, it looks like they may end up being rarer than a precursor or even the rarest drop in the game.

I’m going to be extremely upset if either of those are the case. I’ve been killing at least three invisible treasure mushrooms a day for the last two weeks; recently I’ve also been killing the one in Dragon’s Stand and have still had no luck — if that is what they drop from.

Isn’t there an tool that tracks and updates drop location as soon as someone obtains an item?

(edited by Maridot.9084)

Athena.3579

Isn’t there an tool that tracks and updates drop location as soon as someone obtains an item?

I have no idea about any of that stuff, sorry. I know the boot box was recently added to the API about a week ago. That means, as far as I know with my limited knowledge regarding these things, that the first drop (or obtaining in some manner) of these was a little over a week after HoT’s launch on November 2nd.

Maridot.9084

Hmm. Him obtaining them in Dragon’s Stand doesn’t rule out the Treasure Mushroom theory because there’s one in there as well. If It was just a general drop from the event bags it’d be way more common.

I also saw a Mushroom Emperor event in there that was hilariously hard and I didnt manage to finish it.

(edited by Maridot.9084)

Athena.3579

Hmm. Him obtaining them in Dragon’s Stand doesn’t rule out the Treasure Mushroom theory because there’s one in there as well. If It was just a general drop from the event bags it’d be way more common.

I also saw a Mushroom Emperor event in there that was hilariously hard and I didnt manage to finish it.

No one (of course there’s probably an exception) kills the champions that spawn in the opened areas of DS after the meta event ends, so that would make a lot of sense if it was a drop from one of the champions — especially the Mushroom Emperor since it seems a lot of the mushrooms are invisible. I may try begging for a group to take him down next time I’m in DS.

Maridot.9084

No one (of course there’s probably an exception) kills the champions that spawn in the opened areas of DS after the meta event ends, so that would make a lot of sense if it was a drop from one of the champions — especially the Mushroom Emperor since it seems a lot of the mushrooms are invisible. I may try begging for a group to take him down next time I’m in DS.

Do you play in America or Europe? I’m from Europe myself so I might have a hard time to find a group for it. If you manage to confirm that the Mushroom Emperor is where it drops then I’d know what to drag my friends into doing.

(edited by Maridot.9084)

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

If you are America, ill be up for it, just add me in game and poke me about it

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Maridot.9084

https://api.guildwars2.com/v1/item_details.json?item_id=72503

I found it in the GW2 item Api. Is there any relevant information we can derive from the flags on the box that would give us a lead?

Posted by: Peitry.3246

Peitry.3246

Why not just add a toggle like they did for the gloves. Seems pretty lame to put something in that people really want with a stupidly low drop rate that doesn’t really do anything game changing. You have a look in mind and you want these… Good luck? :c

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Why not just add a toggle like they did for the gloves. Seems pretty lame to put something in that people really want with a stupidly low drop rate that doesn’t really do anything game changing. You have a look in mind and you want these… Good luck? :c

It’s pretty simple really.

1. It keeps people on the HoT maps to find them.
2. The ultra rarity of the item encourages people to RMT to be able to purchase them on the TP.

I’d imagine if they could go back in time, Anet would absolutely have done the same thing with shoulders and gloves.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Peitry.3246

It’s pretty simple really.

1. It keeps people on the HoT maps to find them.
2. The ultra rarity of the item encourages people to RMT to be able to purchase them on the TP.

I’d imagine if they could go back in time, Anet would absolutely have done the same thing with shoulders and gloves.

Peitry.3246

Oh no I know why they did it. It just sucks for us.