Invisible Shoes! What the?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

This one is new to me. First drop since I started farming. I guess it has the same drop chance as the Boot Box (?), so another failure :o

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I think the invisible boots are too rare considering the only thing they do is hide your boots. It should have 10% droprate.
I am not going to pay thousands of gold or farm thousands of “treasure” mushrooms just to hide my boots. Something that should have been a simple tick box like helmet shoulder, gloves and backpack.
Worst of all the price is only going up because most people already gave up on farming these “treasure” mushrooms. Since they are not even remotely worth the time it takes to kill them.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

Posted by: kyeloon.5826

kyeloon.5826

@Maria: That’s what I also got and I was so disappointed xD
Oh well, gz for 8 Pages around a super-nichy topic. I wonder when Anet will notice.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

This one is new to me. First drop since I started farming. I guess it has the same drop chance as the Boot Box (?), so another failure :o

Looks like another Anet troll is at it again.

The point of The Invisible Boot box was to be a rare drop not everyone should get.

They should do that kinda stuff for an actual amazing visible skin and not for something that required no design work to make outside of the icon art and coulda just been a toggle like the other ones.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

I always hoped for a toggle button to show/hide footwear. The invisible skin is a nice solution as well but the prices/drop rate is insane. It is currently around 2500/3000 gold which is around 200 USD if you buy it through gems.

Please make it accessible to most players by adding a toggle or massively increasing drop rate.

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

Maria Murtor.7253

It’s been a whole year now of Daily Mushroom Slaying. I feel tricked, robbed and cheated, and the prices still rising. Not once I saw someone posting a Boot Chest in this time. That says it all about the ridiculous RNG. I’m sick of this!

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I wanted just one, for my light class. But right now I have better luck of finding a precursor…

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

Amaimon go to wvw and get the tribal walkers from the reward track they’re almost as good as invisible boots for light armor thats what i’m going to do when i finish my current track. I ended up paying near $300 for a pair of medium boots because i couldn’t stand it anymore (not having them) but i’m not doing it again for light boots anet can stick that right up their bum.

Posted by: Wizigard.4760

Wizigard.4760

the price on TP seems indeed nonsensous to me but it’s hard in game capitalism. Demand seems to be big, supply extremely low. One can wonder though, if this is not the right time for someone from GW team to change algorithms/drop rate a bit so that supply increases and gives more chance to “mall buyers”. Current situation greatly favours speculation as even if someone posted those “boots” for lower price It would have been imediately bought and resold for ridiculous one. In this way I agree with what Malediktus said about increasing drop rate.

(edited by Wizigard.4760)

Malediktus.3740

I dont think the demand is big, but the supply is redicilous low for something that should be a simple toggle like for other armor parts. They are probably amongst the rares drop in the game together with Chak Egg Sacks. And all that for just being allowed to hide your boot skins.

Amaimon.7823

Amaimon go to wvw and get the tribal walkers from the reward track they’re almost as good as invisible boots for light armor thats what i’m going to do when i finish my current track. I ended up paying near $300 for a pair of medium boots because i couldn’t stand it anymore (not having them) but i’m not doing it again for light boots anet can stick that right up their bum.

I looked them up, alas they paint your feet white…

Maria Murtor.7253

Buying Bolt is less expansive than buying one of the Trading Post listed Boots. ArenaNet should put a “Invisible Boot Chest Hunt” in the game >.<

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Can you dye the “paint?” If so, use a dye close to your skin tone.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have a set of those and no you can’t paint the white dye part on the skin (torso, feet, legs, arms). It might blend in on very white skin but it contrasts on darker skin. It was disappointing. I was going to use them on my Charr as invisible shoes and the white part was too much of a contrast on her brown feet. On Charr, it’s mostly the soles of the feet so it looks odd with brown or black fur.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Extremely rare drop from interesting activity? Sure, sign me up, I’m game for that.

Extremely rare drop from boring, trivial, unchallenging activity? Nope, not going to happen for me, ever. Treasure mushrooms need not fear me as I’m not one of their natural predators.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I just don’t understand what Anet was thinking with this one. There are already toggles for Head and Shoulders. Why should Feet be so special that having bare feet requires so much effort?

I think that every clothing slot should be a toggle. But now if they make feet a toggle those who went to all this trouble might be upset. Maybe Anet can give them something in compensation.

Just make all clothing slots a toggle Anet.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I’ve said it from the start – this should have been a visibility toggle like the shoulders, gloves and helmet. After all, several other MMOs manage to do this without any problems and this was something I remember being asked for even in beta all those years back, so it’s ridiculous that it’s come to this.

I looked at the prices on the TP. Truly a fine example of the Emperor’s New Clothes (Shoes?).

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

I’ve said it from the start – this should have been a visibility toggle like the shoulders, gloves and helmet. After all, several other MMOs manage to do this without any problems and this was something I remember being asked for even in beta all those years back, so it’s ridiculous that it’s come to this.

I looked at the prices on the TP. Truly a fine example of the Emperor’s New Clothes (Shoes?).

What truly horrifies me is the thought of how much the price of this simple toggle option will rise when the next expansion comes out and nobody is doing TMs.

Posted by: Frenchtoastersticks.8061

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

I have a set of those and no you can’t paint the white dye part on the skin (torso, feet, legs, arms). It might blend in on very white skin but it contrasts on darker skin. It was disappointing. I was going to use them on my Charr as invisible shoes and the white part was too much of a contrast on her brown feet. On Charr, it’s mostly the soles of the feet so it looks odd with brown or black fur.

I didnt even know they make your skin white until this post. so, i guess i can confirm they blend on at least one skin tone

Fremtid.3528

Hm i never noticed, must be because most of my light armored chars are really pale and i’m not observant to that type of thing. Are you sure you didnt have your boots dyed white or something?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Hm i never noticed, must be because most of my light armored chars are really pale and i’m not observant to that type of thing. Are you sure you didnt have your boots dyed white or something?

The tattoos are white, and undyeable. It shows up most clearly on this Charr on the soles of the feet, which are white. The picture a few posts above on a Norn shows the whole foot as white. The dyes only dye the fringe around the ankles.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Malediktus.3740

I just don’t understand what Anet was thinking with this one. There are already toggles for Head and Shoulders. Why should Feet be so special that having bare feet requires so much effort?

I think that every clothing slot should be a toggle. But now if they make feet a toggle those who went to all this trouble might be upset. Maybe Anet can give them something in compensation.

Just make all clothing slots a toggle Anet.

Or just up the droprate x100 so the price stabilizes between 3 and 10g.

Maria Murtor.7253

I’m hoping so with every Update, but the RNG of the Mushrooms has never been touched. The only response from ArenaNet to this topic is over one year ago. I dont know, if they care at all. (Broad hint to Matthew, Gaile or someone else.)

Fremtid.3528

Well that sucks about the tribal feet, i’m sorry.

Maria Murtor.7253

Prestige Skin? A toogle of option?

Attachments:

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Meanwhile prices of these boots keep raising and raising, because fewer people kill treasure mushrooms. It is 3k+ per armor weight, over 10k for all 3 armor weights just for being able to hide a skin. Sometimes there is not a single one for sale at all.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Fremtid.3528

I’m sure by now they’ve seen this thread and heard our cries so now we can assume….they just don’t care.

Djinn.9245

I’m sure by now they’ve seen this thread and heard our cries so now we can assume….they just don’t care.

Or they decided to answer on a non-Anet forum like so much of their answers recently.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Maria Murtor.7253

Meanwhile prices of these boots keep raising and raising, because fewer people kill treasure mushrooms. It is 3k+ per armor weight, over 10k for all 3 armor weights just for being able to hide a skin. Sometimes there is not a single one for sale at all.

I have no idea why I’m still doing this. Over 13 months now every day 3 mushrooms. I got better drops in real life …

Malediktus.9250

I have no idea why I’m still doing this. Over 13 months now every day 3 mushrooms. I got better drops in real life …

You have more patience than I had. I probably killed less than 100 mushrooms in total and noticed the loot was total garbage for the time invested. It is not even remotely interesting to hunt them since they pose no threat and are just punching bags that run away from you combined with the loot I can get faster in other ways (excluding the 1 in several thousand chance to get one boot chest). If they would at least unlock all 3 armor weights in one go it would be a huge improvement.

Maria Murtor.7253

Nice idea, really, but never gonna happen. People allready paid thousands of gold thanks to crappy RNG. So, even if ArenaNet does anything about this misery, all they can do is adjust the RNG, so they don’t kitten people on.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

The scarcity is working as intended.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Malediktus.9250

Nice idea, really, but never gonna happen. People allready paid thousands of gold thanks to crappy RNG. So, even if ArenaNet does anything about this misery, all they can do is adjust the RNG, so they don’t kitten people on.

Anet shows all the time that they do not respect the investment people put into prestige items, so why should something like this which is a toggle for other armor parts be different?
Currently you have 4 choices:
1) Ignore the existance of these boots
2) Farm all mushrooms every day for possibly years
3) Spend gold that would be enough to build upto 2 legendary weapons
4) Do not wear any boots and kitten yourself

All of these options are terrible since noone will even notice that you spent so much time or gold to get your boots invisible. Even worse currently it is even more likely that people just assume that you unequipped your boots.
Something like this should be a common enough drop to cost less than 100g for all 3 armor weights combined.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

I would be happy if they unlocked all 3 sizes. I only have the medium pair and I love them. Your right though, no one looks at peoples feet ^^ I don’t blame them though, there isn’t much need.

Posted by: Gerrand.3085

Gerrand.3085

It would be a nice troll reward if for the 4th birthday reward your character got, you received an (achievement exclusive) box from which you could pull a single near unobtainable skin. Give people the choice of an ascended sunless skin or a single invisible boots – safe in the knowledge they would likely never get any of the things they turned down ^^

I really want the boots for my sylvari druid but I’m fine with the rarity so long as the drop is added to all future “treasure mushrooms” in all new maps. Come next expansion, so long as a treasure mushroom equivalent is around which still drops this skin, I’m good farming for it – into oblivion.

Maria Murtor.7253

The only reason for me farming the boots is the awfull Charr-Footwear. I always wanted some stylish beastlike looking Footwear like Laces or Straps. I am sick of farming day for day this garbage (more than 14 months now), so I am on the verge of buying one of the two new Outfits in the Store. But if I do so, I am losing the possibility of customization, having only a full armorset. It feels like a defeat …

Anyone recognized some Chak chasing the Treasure Mushroom? I saw it a few times and it is still new to me.

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

I think I posted about this some time ago. Indeed, the drop rate is way too low for something much worse than any of these latest crazy auras — phospho necks, winter’s presence, etc.

Increase the drop rate, or we’ll start a groupwide boycott of gems.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Crap like these Boots are the main reason I dropped back how much time I put into this game anymore. Anet could have made good by the community and added a check box. But instead they said ‘there is demand here, lets see how much $$$ we can get from Gem sales by limiting the number of drops AND making it tradable!’ and that is exactly what they did. Turned this into an exclusive item that helps drive their gem sells by .03%, as that is all they care about. The Bottom line.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Sky.7610

Sky.7610

Crap like these Boots are the main reason I dropped back how much time I put into this game anymore. Anet could have made good by the community and added a check box. But instead they said ‘there is demand here, lets see how much $$$ we can get from Gem sales by limiting the number of drops AND making it tradable!’ and that is exactly what they did. Turned this into an exclusive item that helps drive their gem sells by .03%, as that is all they care about. The Bottom line.

People buying gems to convert to gold helps reduce the gem cost from trading for the overall playerbase. Nothing bad about this.

Maria Murtor.7253

Know what? I will farm this crap untill december ends. I do not want wasting any more time. I allready bit the bullet for some Charr barefoot footwear, and I’m fine with it, even if I really, really, really want some own customization.

Attachments:

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

The invisible “shoes” is acquired only in 2 ways:

1) Trading post. Yes they are for sale. But it’s expansive as -insert THE word here-, because:

2) It drops from invisible treasure mushroom. which walks around at 3 locations:
- Southwest of Verdant Brink
- East of Auric Basin
- Dragon’s stand after completing the meta chain event.

However you need Nuhoch Stealth Detection Mastery, (which everyone has by now) tho the problem is that has a very small chance for a drop. And much like champions / worldbosses. The reward is daily. So you only have 3 chances a day. I was hunting this shroom everyday some while ago. But had no luck unfortunately. I don’t know about the facts and numbers about the droprate. But i’m kinda sure its somewhere close to a precursor if not the same. Hense why i think it’s better to go for the first option.

More information about the Invisible Mushroom/shoes can be found here:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Treasure_Mushroom
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invisible_Boot_Box

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

So you only have 3 chances a day.

There are 3 shrooms in DS and one in all 4 other HoT maps, so I guess you meant 7 chances a day…

Amaimon.7823

Have the percentage drops already been confirmed?
Lats I read was:
Precursors: drop chances are 0.0001% when hell is freezing
Aura infusions are 1/millionth of a precursors’ drop rate
Invisible shoes drop once for someone on the same day that a pink haired norn loots a Zap precursor when that player on playing on his birthday and he’s turning 17, while at the same time another player who born in 1993, juli is finishing Caudecus’ manor in exactly 31 minutes and 17 seconds. Only under those exact circumstances can a treasure mushroom spawn with 1 invisible shoes-box

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Have the percentage drops already been confirmed?
Lats I read was:
Precursors: drop chances are 0.0001% when hell is freezing
Aura infusions are 1/millionth of a precursors’ drop rate
Invisible shoes drop once for someone on the same day that a pink haired norn loots a Zap precursor when that player on playing on his birthday and he’s turning 17, while at the same time another player who born in 1993, juli is finishing Caudecus’ manor in exactly 31 minutes and 17 seconds. Only under those exact circumstances can a treasure mushroom spawn with 1 invisible shoes-box

sounds accurate

im bad at sarcasm

Maria Murtor.7253

Classic Pokémon cheat.

The deal is, GWMO, I’m farming them since (over) 14 months now. Atleast 3 Mushrooms every day. With the shrooms in Dragon’s Stand and Bloodstone Fen about 1500 Mushrooms in total. Or in other words: I failed 1500 times. I lack of endurance, trying it further.

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

There are 3 shrooms in DS and one in all 4 other HoT maps, so I guess you meant 7 chances a day…

Oh they added more? was like 3 during the period i was hunting it. Or those where the ones i knew back then at least. Proofs how long it has been since i have been hunting them XD

The deal is, GWMO, I’m farming them since (over) 14 months now. Atleast 3 Mushrooms every day. With the shrooms in Dragon’s Stand and Bloodstone Fen about 1500 Mushrooms in total. Or in other words: I failed 1500 times. I lack of endurance, trying it further.

Which is why i said that going for the first option would be better. aka buy it from the trading post. I mean it is not a common drop. you can farm forever. But who knows when you will get it. Likewise making gold is very easy in this game. You can pretty much turn everything into gold. That aside Wintersevent is still up. I’m pretty sure that is the easiest way (maybe boring. i’ll admit that) to make gold while it lasts.

(edited by GWMO.4785)

Maria Murtor.7253

Even after 4 years of gaming I did not gathered enough money for all 3 pairs (yes, I want all, not just one, and I will/can not compromise). Not to mention, I have not lost hope yet, that someday ArenaNet will adjust the drop rate.

Fremtid.3528

Its not true that no one looks at your feet! I killed someone in wvw and as i stood over him he whispered to me something that began to the effect of hey ranger with no shoes…. (rest of whisper)

Maria Murtor.7253

Primarily you have to like it, not someone else. After all: You spend money because you like the style on your character and not to show of (most of the people, lol).

Armor skins still looking better than Outfits >.<

Attachments:

Djinn.9245

Luckily I don’t care about having bare feet on my character. If I did, I would be really upset that they pulled this crap instead of giving us a toggle. Very strange that simple bare feet are this hard to get. Not like you’re getting a cool aura or something.