Lost Shores Feedback Thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I agree with OP. You can’t even get the karka shell earring anymore. Sorry I’m not a NEET, Anet. One time events are for the NEET crowd.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: fishladybot.3675

fishladybot.3675

Hate to be the one to break this to you friendo, but you don’t have hundreds of thousands of friends… and if you did, you’d never manage to pull of your seemingly magnificent feat of organisational prowess you clearly have when organising a trip to the local cinema with the lads.

These aren’t comparable. Anet can’t manipulate time.

But hey man, who am I to have an opinion, right? I mean your opinion is much more important than mine as you used all that angry language and poured in n unhealthy dose of negativity. I only missed the halloween event, and the first day of this event because of real-life commitments… selfish would have been demanding Anet to fit this around my time-table.

Yes, because those events had very worthwhile rewards such as a ten second cinematic

And no, “real life” events are not the same as ~vidya gayme~ events

The latter is to keep the players in the game and restricting a good portion of your playerbase from the only decent rewards is a terrible plan

Posted by: Prinny.1085

Prinny.1085

I want you to stop it with a designated event, besides, at time in a one-off.
I paid same contents charges, and it lost strength that there was not an opportunity with legendary material.
To be frank, this event was disappointed.

Posted by: Erin.7521

Erin.7521

I was actually able to get online for the ‘epic’ event on Sunday. However, after about 45minutes I logged back off. It was un-playable. I would stand there, everything would freeze and then suddenly catch back up to see I had actually died and been revived in the time it had stopped. It was not fun.

I also wish that you stopped the focus of the Gem Shop being on RNG items. I want to give you money, because although there are teething issues with events, I think the majority of the game is great. But I want to give you money for something in return. Sell me weapon skills, sell me town clothes, sell me minis! Stop selling me something that I am unlikely to get any reward from.

Rocking on Piken Square – the un-official EU roleplay server.

Posted by: DeonCadme.4971

DeonCadme.4971

Black Lion Trading Company
It did not function properly during the whole event… I could not sell items, see stats on items that interested me and lots of other wierd stuff that happened while I opened the window but it was a bit funny when the tooltip tried to tell me that all items were Karkan shells or whatever the name was on that item they dropped.

Fractals
I see a lot of problems with the design of these mini-dungeons.

• Portal is placed in LA, this is why the chat is now crowded with “lfg fractals” now and performance have dropped. It should have been placed elsewhere, the new island would have been a natural location to balance the player population.
  • The fractal levels have split the players into groups for the same dungeon and made it harder then ever to gather a group.
  • People can leave for different reasons (most common I have seen is that they do not understand that they should stick around “We got the chest, what more do you want?”). The lobby should have been constructed differently so that you could replace players that left. Maybe making a lobby for every level would have been a much better idea?
  • No waypoint in the fractal maps was just a bad idea and the same for not allowing players to repair equipment when you design a fractal map to be a war scenario.
  • Why is the fractal merchant only inside the fractal lobby? This is something that I find as a really strange decision.

Bugs & Lag
This cannot be mentioned to often. The lag was horrible during some of the events and a lot of stuff was suffering from horrible bugs that blocked people from making progress. Did no one test these features before they were released to the public? Why do you not place a GM/Developer in the crowd of every server that can monitor the situation and act when something goes down the drain? It would have been enough for some situations if a Anet employee just reset/respawned an NPC for things to work somewhat smoothly.

Posted by: Elarii.2756

Elarii.2756

Umm ok, tho with 12 slot bags down to less than 20 silver there’s no way I’d ever spend that kind of currency on a single bag and I would hope that by the time I hit 80 I will be able to either make or loot a comparable accessory. My point is mostly that the bag was either account or soulbound so you couldn’t sell it anyway so the only ones getting rich were the few lucky people that got multiple precursors or whatever you call them or the special items that you try to get with them. I do totally disagree with the rng being used but the milk has been spilled, I just hope they don’t do it again.

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I agree with OP. You can’t even get the karka shell earring anymore. Sorry I’m not a NEET, Anet. One time events are for the NEET crowd.

Then it shouldn’t bother you. Seriously. It’s a game.

If it’s not fun don’t play it. If you don’t like the one time events, don’t play the game. Find something you like that does everything you want. Why play something you’re just annoyed at that just keeps annoying you?

Posted by: Midnight.9205

Midnight.9205

<snip> I don’t know why you’d insist on always being able to show up for one-time events in a fantasy world either. <snip>

Sadly, here’s where you whole argument falls down.

Folks who couldn’t participate in the (2? 3?) one time events for Lost Shores aren’t asking to always be able to show up.

The fact is, however, that the one time events during both Halloween and Lost Shores were all held at the same time of day (albeit on different days). This has set an expectation that future one time events will be held at this time too – as it appears to be the period of peak concurrency.

On that basis, you are effectively saying to a portion of the client base who happen to live in a time zone that makes that time of day unattendable, that they will never get to attend one of these one-time events.

The fact is that some paying customers, simply because of where they live, have not been able to attend this final Lost Shores event, and have missed out on potentially useful rewards, not to mention the content itself – in other words, it’s a double insult to those people.

SteepledHat.1345

I’m annoyed that the company I backed has trailed so far off of their manifesto.

Posted by: Jiminy.8340

Jiminy.8340

Hate to be the one to break this to you friendo, but you don’t have hundreds of thousands of friends… and if you did, you’d never manage to pull of your seemingly magnificent feat of organisational prowess you clearly have when organising a trip to the local cinema with the lads.

No, but they can create instances across the weekend for the various timezones and account lockout those that have participated in the event. Everyone gets an opportunity then, and ‘realism’ is maintained.

Anet managed this for years in GW1 and CoH. No reason they cannot now.

Posted by: Celesica.5790

Celesica.5790

I think 3-5 of my guildmates got precursors, and 2 of my Tumblr followers who play GW2 got precursors also. And yep, the 20-slot bags are expensive in-game. That’s why people are kinda upset because the event gave players the chance to no longer have to farm for the golds that the bag costs. It’s guaranteed. If I’m there, then yay! If I’m not, then screw me, I should have been there!

But my case was, I was there, but just late (event started at 4am my time. Thankfully, the event repeats in several hours). I was close to finishing it but then I got disconnected during the last part. It was quite frustrating, tbh. I attempted to try it again, but new build came and the whole event is over. Too late for us (me and some of my guildmates).

fishladybot.3675

If it’s not fun don’t play it. If you don’t like the one time events, don’t play the game. Find something you like that does everything you want. Why play something you’re just annoyed at that just keeps annoying you?

The only people saying this are the ones who got the obscenely expensive loot

And yes if this isn’t fixed i’m pretty friggin done with this game

Been playing since the first one and i liked leveling from 1-80, but the endgame content and balance is so much worse it feels like it was made by a completely different company

Posted by: VeralFixen.3142

VeralFixen.3142

i hope the next event is set in oceanic timezone and have its reward the same things as this event

20 slot bag + unique trinket + high change of precursor & named exotic

let’s see how those self-claim ‘unselfish’ & ‘understanding’ people feel when they miss out on it
and if they still have dare to say they wouldn’t get disappointed, just be careful of what you say

(edited by VeralFixen.3142)

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

The latter is to keep the players in the game and restricting a good portion of your playerbase from the only decent rewards is a terrible plan

And that, right there is the difference; I’d have preferred to have experienced the halloween stuff I missed, but it’s OK to me that I missed it… you’re lamenting the fact that you aren’t being given shinnies.

“Rewards” are subjective.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

SteepledHat.1345

No, but they can create instances across the weekend for the various timezones and account lockout those that have participated in the event. Everyone gets an opportunity then, and ‘realism’ is maintained.

Anet managed this for years in GW1 and CoH. No reason they cannot now.

Now, now don’t go applying logic to this discussion. God forbid this game be as great as GW1.

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

The only people saying this are the ones who got the obscenely expensive loot

And yes if this isn’t fixed i’m pretty friggin done with this game

Been playing since the first one and i liked leveling from 1-80, but the endgame content and balance is so much worse it feels like it was made by a completely different company

I got 20 silver worth of exotics and the bag. I just know it’s a game and don’t worry about it. It’s not my life.

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

I hate that event and I hate the way Arena made that event.
Period.

Shame really, you’re in [Nug] on Blacktide, figured mindlessly zerging in a lag fest would be right up your street. That’s how you normally win, right?

Is it about event or what? After USA players will leave your server – it will fall to the hell Deal with that ^^

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Parthis.2091

i hope the next event is set in oceanic timezone and have its reward the same things as this event

let’s see how those self-claim ‘unselfish’ & ‘understanding’ people feel when they miss out on it

You realise how selfish your statement is, right?

There also wasn’t a HIGH chance of a precursor. Just a chance. There aren’t suddenly 15 thousand Dusks on the TP, for example.

Remove the pre-cursors from future loot tables and they’ll remove the majority of the complaints instantly.

Regardless Anet have heard the complaints. Perhaps in future they’ll put out a schedule and you have to commit to a slot. Or you’ll get an oceanic server and it’ll be timed well.

These are all besides the point. A lot of people still want one-time events, Anet are smart enough to engineer a solution allowing for one-time events from the player’s perspective.

(edited by Parthis.2091)

Posted by: Fellthar.4895

Fellthar.4895

I just wanted to quickly post my thanks and appreciation for this event and for all the new content. I had an awesome weekend, loved every moment of it (maybe not every moment, the lag was a pain, but after Friday’s event the lag did not return for me).

I do hope that ArenaNet does not take the whining seriously enough that they stop releasing content like this, because it was awesome and a very memorable experience for me. I had a lot of fun and everyone I know had a lot of fun and the people on reddit had a lot of fun, and I thought mostly everyone would share my feelings on it… until I read the forums.

Anyway, well done ArenaNet, thank-you for working tirelessly to release insane amounts of fun content. You’ve got me hooked on Tyria.

fishladybot.3675

And that, right there is the difference; I’d have preferred to have experienced the halloween stuff I missed, but it’s OK to me that I missed it… you’re lamenting the fact that you aren’t being given shinnies.

I’m lamenting the fact that it would take me -weeks- to get a few flipping items that you were handed just for being at a specific place and time

Again! I’ve played the game since the kitten beta weekends and i can’t get cool things because cool things are for lucky people

IM pissed that i missed out on that because i had the audacity to, you know, SLEEP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Make them happen during one day, every 6 hours or so, which would be 4 times. Make end chest available only once for each account.
It definitely wasn’t funny when I saw that only time the event was up for me was at 4:20am.
Anet people: you should listen to me, your game would be better.

Posted by: Provac.3598

Provac.3598

/signed
I thought this was a 3 day event, not 3 2 hour one time events held over three days.

SteepledHat.1345

/signed
I thought this was a 3 day event, not 3 2 hour one time events held over three days.

Well said. I feel exactly the same. Whole thing was far from worth it if you missed the ending event. Then you got to enjoy all the post ending event event…. >,>

Posted by: Celesica.5790

Celesica.5790

This made me sad while reading it, because Guild Wars 2 is such a really great game. I really love it. But this event has gave me the most frustrating and disappointing experience I ever had in GW2. I hate to think of it, but I couldn’t do anything, because that’s how it already made me feel. I don’t want to stop playing this game though, as long as it won’t constantly gimme this kind of feeling and impression.

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

Personal experience:
I thought the weekend was quite good.
Living in the UK, the timing was perfect.
Having a decent laptop meant I didn’t suffer lag issues/connection issues (Only at the Invasion but the rest was alright).
Not bothered about Ascended gear debate or the supposed treadmill.

Phase 1:
Good:
1. Fractals Dungeon – variations and the possible reward of 20 slot bags.
2. Liked the Donations, gave me an opportunity to rid those hoarded low lvl greens.
Bad:
1. Scavenger hunt – Bugged Npc, meant I had to wait for a patch. Also I wasn’t sure if I had to keep the soulbound map, potion etc since they weren’t removed from inventory. The Jug of Karma reward was a bit underwhelming (unless I missed something).

Phase 2:
Good:
1. Jump puzzles.
2. Dynamic events. Fun to see the masses getting steamrolled. Enjoyed the teamwork of getting those people back into the fight. Had a feel of a huge battle.
Bad:
1. Was a bit clueless to whether this phase started at all, only to find out that you had to speak to a NPC at the docks.

Phase 3:
Good:
1. Ancient Karka – Enjoyed the progression of the event. Liked how everyone helped each other and the teamwork required to complete each part. Rewards were nice but for me being lvl 79 and 9 tenths meant I was rewarded with lvl 75 stuff. A shame but I’m sure not a big deal. It did get less exciting nearing the middle due to the mass of Karka spawning. But that is the essence of battle and prolonged battles tend to make you weary. It was fun watching both sides of the table rise and fall.

Posted by: Provac.3598

Provac.3598

argh, if you like being surrounded by 100 people auto attacking bosses then this would have been great for you.

Posted by: VeralFixen.3142

VeralFixen.3142

You realise how selfish your statement is, right?

There also wasn’t a HIGH chance of a precursor. Just a chance. There aren’t suddenly 15 thousand Dusks on the TP, for example.

Remove the pre-cursors from future loot tables and they’ll remove the majority of the complaints instantly.

Regardless Anet have heard the complaints. Perhaps in future they’ll put out a schedule and you have to commit to a slot. Or you’ll get an oceanic server and it’ll be timed well.

These are all besides the point. A lot of people still want one-time events, Anet are smart enough to engineer a solution allowing for one-time events from the player’s perspective.

there’s a difference, i never claim myself as ‘unselfish’

and you realise how selfish your statement asking the same reward to be removed in future events is, right?

fishladybot.3675

This made me sad while reading it, because Guild Wars 2 is such a really great game. I really love it. But this event has gave me the most frustrating and disappointing experience I ever had in GW2. I hate to think of it, but I couldn’t do anything, because that’s how it already made me feel. I don’t want to stop playing this game though, as long as it won’t constantly gimme this kind of feeling and impression.

Oh my gosh thank you
This! So much this.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

One time events make the world feel alive. Paying customer? There is more than 60$ of entertainment value in the game w/o the one time events.

In a ‘the hills are alive with the sound of music’ sense. Only with lag and cursing.

Anyway, I’m not a pay-ing customer, I only paid the one time. Now I’m starting to think I should find a game where I am a paying customer, and maybe then I’d be given incentive to keep doing that.

Parthis.2091

I’m lamenting the fact that it would take me -weeks- to get a few flipping items that you were handed just for being at a specific place and time

Again! I’ve played the game since the kitten beta weekends and i can’t get cool things because cool things are for lucky people

IM pissed that i missed out on that because i had the audacity to, you know, SLEEP

Chill. The. Kitten. Out.

The harpoon that dropped for me wouldn’t have taken -weeks-. Hate to spoil your world view here, but we’re not all walking around with Twilight as a result of this one event. Hate to break this to you too; it wasn’t handed to people. People spent three or four hours of their time playing a game to get an item at the end. Like instances. Like sPvP. Like most things in most games.

The fact that it only happened once is your complaint. Leave the mechanics out of it, you’re confusing the issue.

Hope you had a good night of sleep though. Sleep is important to the rational and emotional well being of a person.

Heaven forbid you get too little sleep and start ranting and raging on the internet over a game.

Parthis.2091

and you realise how selfish your statement asking the same reward to be removed in future events is, right?

You mean the reward I didn’t get?

Yeah man, terribly selfish.

Posted by: Grezko.7950

Grezko.7950

Fractals:

Great idea overal, i enjoyed them a lot and will keep enjoying them but:
- a merchant somewhere inside the fractals + and anvil might be a good idea. Maybe at the start of each fractal for a limited time or permanent inside each fractal, i don’t mind either option.
- You outdid the Ancient karka “kill reinforcement” phases – 2×30 minutes of grindkilling got boring fast.

The biggest problem still is performance – Friday event was completely unplayable and Sunday was a tad laggy at points although noticeably better than Friday.

On overal i’d value this weekend’s event with a B+. Server performance is still an issue to be dealt with and the boredom of the “kill reinforcements” phase was something unexpected for your level of designer’s.

Officer of Executed [EXE] from Piken Square.

Posted by: Elarii.2756

Elarii.2756

I think some perspective is needed…

those that participated in the event did NOT KNOW what, if anything, we would get…. so imo it was a lapse in judgement on the dev’s part to use the rng and with such rare items but I’m pretty sure was done in goodwill to reward those who participated in their second big event(to help justify all the repair bills if nothing else) and to show off the game to the weekend guests.

Now those that figured out how to get more than the one reward per account, I’ll leave that up to the devs as to whether that was an exploit or not.

fishladybot.3675

Chill. The. Kitten. Out.

The harpoon that dropped for me wouldn’t have taken -weeks-. Hate to spoil your world view here, but we’re not all walking around with Twilight as a result of this one event. Hate to break this to you too; it wasn’t handed to people. People spent three or four hours of their time playing a game to get an item at the end. Like instances. Like sPvP. Like most things in most games.

The fact that it only happened once is your complaint. Leave the mechanics out of it, you’re confusing the issue.

Hope you had a good night of sleep though. Sleep is important to the rational and emotional well being of a person.

Heaven forbid you get too little sleep and start ranting and raging on the internet over a game.

Chill? Really? You’re the one who was doing the personal attacks up until now
And who, you know, -continues- to do the personal attacks
I had no idea me wanting video game items hurts your feelings so much.

Posted by: Dreako.6391

Dreako.6391

I did not love it. I am mad!
I missed the final event (because I got DC and went to bed) so now I am left with nothing. The first parts were useless…..

Posted by: Jefzor.7145

Jefzor.7145

Agreed, I want to be the one who decides when I play and when I don’t.

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

congrats arenanet please read these posts of ppl raging at each other, precursors drops or not you have just pissed a lot of people off

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

Parthis.2091

Chill. The. Kitten. Out.

I’ll send you my harpoon later.

Is that what you need to feel better?

fishladybot.3675

Chill. The. Kitten. Out.

No, it’s not

I’d feel a lot better if you’d stop insulting me, though

Parthis.2091

I hate that event and I hate the way Arena made that event.
Period.

Shame really, you’re in [Nug] on Blacktide, figured mindlessly zerging in a lag fest would be right up your street. That’s how you normally win, right?

Is it about event or what? After USA players will leave your server – it will fall to the hell Deal with that ^^

Hahaha

[RUIN] leaving is a very good thing indeed. Enjoy your new allies, they’re deceitful little blighters. Enjoy T1 too, you’ll have to start zerging your own forts to keep things fresh.

(not malicious, just some friendly banter from the current matchup).

Parthis.2091

I did not love it. I am mad!
I missed the final event (because I got DC and went to bed) so now I am left with nothing. The first parts were useless…..

Anet will get you your rewards.

Try reading the other threads before jumping into a positive one to sully it.

Posted by: Blaze.9256

Blaze.9256

You cant make all people happy, and people always will whine and moan about something.

One time events? Oh yes, for me it was fun, and defo looking forward for another one!

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

Previous

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Next

Hello everyone.

Just a quick reminder: try to stay on topic and avoid personal battles or off-topic posting as this does not bring anything meaningful to the other people writing in it.

Thanks!

Posted by: Dreako.6391

Dreako.6391

This shows us that Anet have double standards.. I am furious that I got DC and missed the rewards for the last event!

Also a sunday night is a really bad time to pull off a big rewarding event.

(edited by Dreako.6391)

Posted by: Spikedadragon.6015

Spikedadragon.6015

GW2 came out practicality two months ago…
and you want to compare it’s running to GW1, which has been at it for years?

Not seeing the logic.

The event was a blast. And now it’s over. So quite complaining and just go back to what you were doing prior.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is why most MMO’s do 1 boring content update every 6 months. When they try to do something fun and exciting a small group of people just have to go and ruin it for everyone.

They announced this event 3 weeks in advance. They sent out emails, forum posts, facebook posts, twitter updates, etc.

If you didn’t attend the event it is your own fault not Anet’s. If it really meant that much to you then you would have planned it into your schedule. 3 weeks is more then enough time notice to plan these things. Most important events in real life don’t even get 3 weeks notice.

Yes the end chest got good items. You know why? Because you same people who come and complain about everything spent the last 3 weeks since Halloween talking about how the event rewards suck and you got nothing worthwhile. Well guess what, Anet listened to you and gave good rewards to everyone, now you are complaining that the rewards were too good and you want other people to have crappy rewards and only YOU want the good reward.

Finally, there is no possible way to give EVERYONE the same good reward. You know why? Because if everyone got 2 named exotic weapons those weapons would be completely useless, they wouldn’t even sell for the amount they salvaged for precisely because EVERYONE would have one. The ONLY way to make something valuable is by making it a rare drop that only a few people get, that’s how the market works. Heck even if they straight up gave everyone 100g in the chest, that wouldn’t make anyone any richer, it would just increase the price of everything on the market. What you people are proposing as “solutions” would destroy the economy, make everyone have a crappy reward and you’d all come right back here to complain some more.

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

One-Time events are awesome, the only thing needed is a better solution for bringing them to all timezones.

I would say that should be BOTTOM of a list:

1. Make sure they WORK
2. Remove Bugs and issues
3. Make sure the server(s) can actually handle the event

Now 1 and 2 are possible, if they bother to actually put EFFORT into it and actually TEST the kitten thing before releasing it. Number 3 however i dont think they can/will they have AWFUL servers as shown MANY times when these kind of things have happened where loads of people are all online the servers simply cant handle it which is MORONIC seriously did they not think about maybe adding more servers or something for these kind of events – getting constantly disconnected or getting lag for about 90|% of the time is NOT fun

Then you get onto the actual content – The fact that mobs seemed to have been placed in VERY stupid positions (or randomly) having to fight 3 champions and several champions while trying to survive through all of the lag is NOT fun

(edited by ArmageddonAsh.6430)

Parthis.2091

Chill. The. Kitten. Out.

No, it’s not

I’d feel a lot better if you’d stop insulting me, though

I’m not insulting you.

You’re raging because you didn’t get a thing as you didn’t take part in the thing required in order to get the thing.

Your reasons for not taking part are your own. I’m sorry that you feel hard done to, but all you’ve done on these forums today is shout down anyone that actually had a good experience, and rant about the injustice of it all.

Anet have heard you.

SteepledHat.1345

The dissatisfied are far from a small lot.

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I liked the event, regardless of the little lag (my pc was handling it alright, only a few times it froze up but other than that I was consitently attacking). My only, ONLY problem, is that after the breaking of the 12 pockets of gas, and right before destroying the webs or w/e I had to go to work. I was there from the start of receiving my mail and up till the webs and I got no reward.. 3 hours of hard work and nothing, please areanet give those who had to leave early some diminished rewards or something it really isn’t fair.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”