Magic Find [merged]

Magic Find [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

There’s nothing wrong with these changes, it’s good.

How about runes/sigils? Can those be changed to other stats?

Depends how it works.

Is travellers armor cheap? Cheaper than apothecary? Can I just buy a full suit of trabellers now and turn it into apothecary after the patch? Will CoE reward a different suit of armor now that Travellers serves no purpose?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Zevilo.9304

Zevilo.9304

what about the mats used to craft magic find gear, those claws. what happens to does items?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

• Celestial will stay as it is minus the MF bonus on it.

Huh, will the other stats (or at least one) get a little boost? You’re kinda just taking one of the reasons to have that armor off of it.
Also, as others have said, what about armor/stuff with the runes/sigils? Is MF staying on those? Do we get to change those?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

• MF food will work as it is working now.
  • Utility Infusion will still work.

Hey Martin,

In a previous update, when craftable exotic celestial stats were added in the game, their stats had higher critical damage than berserker’s exotic. The same did not apply to ascended celestial compared to ascended berserker, which implies that Anet has changed (buffed) celestial’s stats for the exotic level, but did not do so for the ascended level.

Do you know if, after this change, ascended celestial stats (= critical damage) will get changed (buffed), much like how their exotic version was?

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

So I’ll have a whole second set of armor that is pretty useless, but at least I get to choose the stat?

I already have my main set of zerker armor. No need for a second set of that or any other armor.

Any word on runes? What will happen with them?

You’re pretty much gaining another armor set for free (or at a huge discount). And you can put them on alts when leveled to 80

I’m not gaining anything for free. I’ve paid for this second set already. And I’ve paid more for it than what a second set of different stats would have cost initially. It’s just that I really won’t need a second set now.

Alts? Who would level an alt to 80 now. No reason to with all the un-friendly alt changes.

Besides, my alts have their own armor of a different type. My main is medium armor and my alt is a mesmer. This change won’t help my alt.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Going to be seriously disappointed if I drop from a buffed 300+% MF down to whatever my account MF is at now… like 5%? I’m talking like ‘debate uninstalling’ disappointed.

Like seriously I’m going to need like 2000% Account MF to get decent drops in this game the rng is so bad to me.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Thoughtless.7148

Thoughtless.7148

what about non bound weapons? like what if i have explorer stuff sitting in my bank that hasnt been used?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Seriously?? That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard. Gated content that takes 2 months to create and you’re just going to nerf its effectiveness? No, that is not acceptable. Increase the stats or add Boon duration.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

What about sigil of luck or runes of the pirate/traveler ?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

If it is a broken mechanic then why is it still sticking around? Instead of being on gear it is now just applied to the entire account?

Because that what was broken about it. It took away from actual fighting stats.

The only Fighting Stats all the Know-it-Alls care about is Power Precision Critical.
…THAT’S the set that really needs to be removed from the game for a little while until Anet figures out a way to make DPS not always double as an “Exposure Mitigator”… (in otherwords: DPS = shorter encounter = no need for RESOURCE MANAGEMENT).

Atleast us people running MF gear were facing actual Risk for our Rewards…

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Alys Florent.1359

Alys Florent.1359

So… what’s going to be the use of Claws now? We currently have 8 fine material categories for 8 stat combinations in crafting; now that Explorer’s is being removed, Claws will only be used in making legendaries, infusions and ascended backpieces. Or so it seems.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Discomoose.4913

Discomoose.4913

Hey all, no worries, we got you covered.

Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.

For example, if you have an Explorer’s Pearl Staff, you can now double-click it to change it to any other crafting stat.

We will have a blog post about it with more extensive information as well, keep an eye on the website.

What about magic find runes? I have a set of gear identical to my normal set of gear however they have traveler’s runes in them instead of my normal set-up. What is happening to runes in this update?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Seriously?? That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard. Gated content that takes 2 months to create and you’re just going to nerf its effectiveness? No, that is not acceptable. Increase the stats or add Boon duration.

This. I mean really…I switched my straight MF set for Celestial because I could still get the MF boost and be a bit more effective in dungeons. You’re not even going to buff the remaining stats? It took me forever to craft the whole set and I transmuted it onto my MF set. You’re going to essentially kill the whole reason I have it in the first place.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.

For example, if you have an Explorer’s Pearl Staff, you can now double-click it to change it to any other crafting stat.

We will have a blog post about it with more extensive information as well, keep an eye on the website.

Are celestial & sentinel(both are crafting stats) stat combinations options to turn your explorer gear into?

(edited by Izaya.2906)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

What does this have to do with MF? Also might want to remove “@Devs” or get infracted

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Decklan.7540

Decklan.7540

I don’t care about boons at all. I don’t have boons on my ranger.

Um, Call of the Wild much?

I believe LadyRhonwyn could be referring to her specific ranger build, one which might not have access to many boons. Perhaps a trap based ranger without warhorn.

Before calling people out with snide remarks perhaps it would be best to privately message them first and ask them what they meant by their statement? It is only polite.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Thoughtless.7148

Thoughtless.7148

what about explorer weps on the TP what will their stats become

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

what about explorer weps on the TP what will their stats become

I was just about to post this. There might be some items that we threw up at market, say, a week or two ago, and then someone under cut those items, and we still have them out there, waiting for supply and market to shift and hopefully our items would get picked up, business as usual.

The only problem will be items that are sitting out there now that have MF on it. One of two things will happen. Either those items will be ‘more’ valuable because they’ll also become ‘double-click and make them whatever you want’ items, or they will become worthless.

If the former, no harm, no foul. We will get what we put them up for, that’s great.

If they become worthless and no one buys them? Well, I’m out the 5% for one. Secondly, they ‘could’ have been used to salvage for a shot at a new account MF increasing item. That would be a bummer.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

What about the MF-linked Ascended items (Yakkington’s Ring, Sandford’s Medallion, “There With Yakkington, A Traveller’s Tale” etc.), will these still be available to craft/purchase post-update (but having to choose another stat instead of MF once you get it)?

(edited by Carzor Stelatis.9435)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: LoopySnoopy.7923

LoopySnoopy.7923

I smell a brown storm approaching, the blog should of been up as soon as the next set of monthly content was announced again poor management. We the MF players are out of pocket by a long way and your answer is change it to another stat, that is purely mental.

If you did not want MF in the game you should of taken it out before the launch of the game instead of now saying its unfair for other players, what about the berserker players will they have there armour removed as there as bad as MF wearers, sure they contribute to the party but so did MF wearers. My engineer could hit for 9k damage while in full MF ascended trinkets too, that to me is contributing, this to me is picking on the little guy that wanted to play the game their own way.

P.S.
what about runes,sigils etc ?

Too much agreement kills a chat.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

So wait… ….WAIT WAIT WAIT…. * urnfff…. think I just dropped a brick here *

On Explorer’s… MF is THE primary stat. Being able to change that stat, means picking whatever PRIMARY STAT on whatever Gear set you want. This is a potential level of PowerCreep that not even Zerker4Lyfe minmaxxers have asked for. Esp if Crit Bonus is one of those selectable stats.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Magic Find [merged]

Carzor Stelatis.9435

On Explorer’s… MF is THE primary stat. Being able to change that stat, means picking whatever PRIMARY STAT on whatever Gear set you want. This is a potential level of PowerCreep that not even Zerker4Lyfe minmaxxers have asked for.

You won’t get to change the primary stat on its own, you’ll get to choose from the existing combinations. So for example on an Explorer’s Staff you don’t get to make it Condition Duration / Power / Precision (because that combination doesn’t exist), you have to choose from one of these:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Explorer%27s#Triple_attribute

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

As a former community manager for Kabam games, I’ll tell you right now that this guy only knows half of what is actually going on. Directors and producers don’t tell community managers anything because like this guy, he posts only part of the information online and causes a ****-storm. So, take what he says a grain of salt. All we know, now, is that we will be able to switch MF gear to another kind of gear. We don’t know anything beyond that.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

I’m very interested about what happens to the ascended jewels with MF in them. Will the stat be replaced? Will the other stats be buffed? Or maybe we get to pick another item. I know I have a fractal back with 5% mf

Magic Find [merged]

Carzor Stelatis.9435

As a former community manager for Kabam games, I’ll tell you right now that this guy only knows half of what is actually going on. Directors and producers don’t tell community managers anything because like this guy, he posts only part of the information online and causes a ****-storm. So, take what he says a grain of salt. All we know, now, is that we will be able to switch MF gear to another kind of gear. We don’t know anything beyond that.

I’d be very, very surprised if Utility Infusions still work. A refund of 20 laurels for anyone who has one would make much more sense, and would also not contradict the ‘no more gear-based MF’ announcement.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

On Explorer’s… MF is THE primary stat. Being able to change that stat, means picking whatever PRIMARY STAT on whatever Gear set you want. This is a potential level of PowerCreep that not even Zerker4Lyfe minmaxxers have asked for.

You won’t get to change the primary stat on its own, you’ll get to choose from the existing combinations. So for example on an Explorer’s Staff you don’t get to make it Condition Duration / Power / Precision (because that combination doesn’t exist), you have to choose from one of these:

Not all of those are armor crafting stats.

Still no confirmation on Sentinel & Celestial though but they are both armor crafting stats.

Magic Find [merged]

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Not all of those are armor crafting stats.

Still no confirmation on Sentinel & Celestial though but they are both armor crafting stats.

Point. All the craftable ones then :P

I’d guess that the ones requiring a special unlock (Celestial, Giver’s etc.) won’t be available. Especially Celestial.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

But what of snowflake ori’ trinkets on my guardian for the boon duration. One of the stats are MF. Will that one stat be replaceable or is the whole trinket junked because it has MF in the list?
Celestial is balanced with MF as a part of the stats so if it’s just ‘removed’ the balance is skewed.
And finally what of the sigils of luck and superior runes of the pirate, noble, etc.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: eremos.8142

eremos.8142

And finally what of the sigils of luck and superior runes of the pirate, noble, etc.

Also Opals.

Xander Moss
Gandara

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

I’d be very, very surprised if Utility Infusions still work. A refund of 20 laurels for anyone who has one would make much more sense, and would also not contradict the ‘no more gear-based MF’ announcement.

Panic less about that Utility Infusion (also: might want to scan threads for dev posts):

I’m more confused about the weird discrepancies this’ll cause in ascended items/trinkets. On the one hand, I hope the double-click to reapply MF thing applies to them (as opposed to just removing it), but on the other, it bums me out that the ascendeds will no longer all be the same for everyone. Mostly mad at myself for buying the stupid armbrace of truth for the MF when I could have had a more in-character ascended.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I’m mostly curious about the runes. I have a set of Pirate/Traveler runes in my armor to give me a bit of Magic Find boosts. Are those going to be changing as well?

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Zerke.4103

Zerke.4103

That does not compensate someone like myself who has NO need for another armor or gear set for a particular character. I have multiple sets of gear already for my 4 level 80’s.

I did not spend gold to obtain everything for a full MF setup and then gold on gear with skins I wanted and real life money on trans crystals just to end up with a set of gear that is no longer serving the purpose I put all of that into.

My characters with MF sets already have 2 other sets, a defensive and offensive , MF was the third set…… which will be completely useless and pointless to have without MF stats.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

Thank you for giving a purpose to all those pink MF rings from fractals that have been clogging up my bank. But what about the runes? Please tell me we’ll be able to choose from any rune when converting our cherished, hard-earned MF runes! And the claws? We can convert them to another crafting mat of the same tier, right?

Don’t leave us hanging, inquiring minds want to know…

MAG

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Slots, runes and sigils too?

Sorry for my english.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Just an FYI, Celestial gear provides MORE gear stats in total than any other gear type, and that’s before you even factor in the Crit Damage and Magic Find stats.

Even with MF% removed, Celestial gear will still provide more stats than any other set at a cost of those stats being distributed across all types instead of focused into useful groupings.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

would be great to know what happen to runes and sigils :S

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

You know, it’s not as if you lose any amount of meaningful stats with that infusion anyway.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Sad. With my current MF set on my Guardian and with the proper foods and buffs I can push 200% mf. When I go farming be it in Orr or anywhere else I can usually find enough rares to make it worth my while and fatten up my bank account for my WvW addiction. Now with the mf being account wide I will have to start all over again to build up my mf from scratch.

Rather then changing the mf stat to something else which I do not need (my Guardian has 3 sets of exotic including the mf set, my warrior 2 sets so I do not need another set of heavy armor) allow us to salvage that armor for a guaranteed equivalent boost to our account wide mf stat.

So my base mf gear set totals 121% mf. If the new system scales the same way why not allow those that want to salvage a piece of gear with mf on it the choice to do exactly that, recover the mf stat from it and apply it to their account wide mf stat?

Right now my existing mf gear has a PURPOSE. Changing the stats on it to anything else will not give me any advantage whatsoever as I already have what I need on my 9 toons!

Theftwind (HoD)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: rudenick.6057

rudenick.6057

I assume that Celestial gear will become account bound even if stat will be just removed?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Zevilo.9304

Zevilo.9304

I think they said utility slot infusions still works. Its in here somewhere.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

Little sad they aren’t replacing the magic find on celestial with a useful stat. Adding power would be too OP, but why not replace magic find on celestial with boon duration ?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Celestial should give boon duration now. Only thing missing for the “all-around” gear.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

What the hell? I’ve been working for weeks crafting my celestial and I bought about 20 gold worth of recipe and materials just to craft it as a MF armor set. There is no other use for it, the power is just too low on it but the MF made it interesting.

Apparently you don’t have us covered at all.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

What the hell? I’ve been working for weeks crafting my celestial and I bought about 20 gold worth of recipe and materials just to craft it as a MF armor set. There is no other use for it, the power is just too low on it but the MF made it interesting.

Apparently you don’t have us covered at all.

They announced that Magic Find was coming out of gear before Celestial gear was added.

Celestial gear is great for specific builds, so to say that there is no use for it is incorrect.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

You’re screwing a lot of people with that. People crafted that to have some MF and not be completely useless to their party instead of going full out MF. I see Celestial as MF lite. You should compensate people who crafted Celestial given how much more time gated it is to make.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Briars.1425

Briars.1425

what about our runes/sigils/etc on our gear with MF, will they stay?

im currently using Mad King Runes and i dont have the funds to get another set of them if we lose our runes

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

30 days to craft. Nerfed.

I understand the other gear, turning it into something else and I understand removing Magic find. But celestial is weighted with magic find in mind. Right? Doesn’t just removing it completely change the value of the gear overall? Doesn’t just removing it make it slightly less valuable than every other stat combo out there?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

Will an equal mf % as my armor set etc be applied to my account mf aswell as changing the set type?

Or do we start from scratch again?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Scenario:

Imagine that I have 2 pickup trucks. One with 4 wheel drive and short box is for my enjoyment. It takes me to those out of the way fishing holes where I am guaranteed the chance at landing that record trout. The other is 2 wheel drive but with a long box and it is my working truck. It allows me to haul the stuff that I need to haul.

So they decide to remove the 4 wheel drive from my one truck but allow me to add a long box instead. I ALREADY HAVE a long box truck! Then they offer you to drop you off and pick you up at those fishing holes but you have to work your way up to be able to get into those really out of the way spots. They will not take you there until you earn credits by going to closer, more easily accessed spots first.

The thing is my existing 4 wheeler could already take me to those out of the way spots where those big trout are. Why do I have to work my way up by going to those easily accessed spots first where everyone else is going? The big fish there are going to be real scarce!

Totally kittened!

Theftwind (HoD)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

I know my magic find gear paid for itself in the first week I got it. I don’t see what all the complaining is about. They told us way in advance that MF was going away because it was a “selfish” stat. I’m fine with that.

I do agree that the celestial set should have boon duration added to it as compensation since it is gated content to obtain. That would be decent compensation. Make it capped to like 5% boon duration as a means to compensate so that it isn’t overpowered.

With regards to even more additional MF stat going accountwide already on top of the magic find that they will give us account wide, then you are crazy. Just because we have a magic find set doesn’t entitle us to even more magic find. I already got more than what I paid for using the set, no need to be greedy. I’m fine with us getting the option to fix another stat in its place. Hey, maybe trying a condition build would be interesting.

(edited by Phantasmal.5631)