Magic Find [merged]

Magic Find [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Talon.7598

Talon.7598

Indeed, I feel robbed, Celestial should remain something special.
And what about the Ancient Karka Shell, that thing cost me 1000 karka shells!

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

Bottom line, it appears that anyone with really high end Magic Find sets and items is well and truly brutally screwed.

Aye. That’s how I read the article as well.

It seems, to me, that the game is moving away from a sandbox/open-world format (different styles of play, play the way you want, there is no right or wrong way to play, do what makes you happy, everyone has different goals and different ways to achieve personal goals) to a more linear play style.

Read: less choice, more force.

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Cyclops.1879

Cyclops.1879

JakHammer.7094:
A Vendor offering a FULL refund of Laurels etc. on my Ascended gear would be the only plan I personally would have found acceptable. A special Vendor who would offer some set amount of Gold for any existing non-ascended MF item as Alternative to the announced would also be a good thing.

Refund would be great. That way I can make a purchase based on a different play style. Now my ascended items are of no value unless I force my playstyle to coincide with the states available after MF is removed. For example had there never been MF as an option then I would have bought The queens necklace instead of The golden lotus. Now I’m stuck with golden lotus that doesn’t have the stats I want. If they allow me to select the stats I want for my golden lotus then no problem. If I can’t select the stats I want then refund it so I can purchase what I would have gotten had MF never been an option. They may have already taken this into consideration. If not then beware of buying anything for fear that the stats may change on you in the future.

(edited by Cyclops.1879)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Talon.7598

Talon.7598

Indeed, look at how Anet is forcing junk upon the game lately, now even halloween mini’s from last year are on sale, while it’s almost halloween again. And the description still says limited edition, how can it be that it’s for sale again! Cheap way of pushing gem sales and at the same time a middle finger to those who bought last year thinking they’d be carrying around something special. What’s next, gems used in crafting of uber ascended items?

Also, people get to choose which stat is used on travelers items, yet I get knocked aside with my Noble armor from Caudecus which I worked really hard for. I have no need for condition damage with my build. Now I gotta do it without that lovely Krytan drakehound.

Shame on you Arenanet!

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I would like a dev to clarify about the MF change on Ascended Accessories, the blogpost is NOT clear about Accessories in general.

Say I have an Armbrace of Truth(with and Offensive infusion slot & 10% MF stat on it). I want to make it Zerker with a Defensive infusion slot.

The Ascended Accessory equivalent to Zerker + Defensive infusion slot is the Magister’s Field Journal.

Do you make the Armbrace of Truth become Magister’s Field Journal if i choose to make it Zerker?
If yes, how does the trade-in happen? Will there be an NPC?

Or do you simply change the stats on the Armbrace of Truth?
If yes, then will I have an Armbrace of Truth with Zerker stats? Also, can the infusion slot type be swapped?(given that you are messing with people’s items and builds, i hope it can be…)

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

@TexZero
Anet have said we can trade our magic find gear into another stat set of our choice which is fine in my book. So long as we don’t get a very limited choice. I would be more than happy to turn my magic find gear into one of these new types (dire looks nice) or maybe even sentinels. But Anet have not yet said if those will be available to choose.

Another stat that we get no choice in, check their blog post.
A → B
C→ D
E → F

There is no oh hey i have set A and i want stat combination F. You have no say, effectively Anet is punishing people for playing the game and investing in those items.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

@TexZero
Anet have said we can trade our magic find gear into another stat set of our choice which is fine in my book. So long as we don’t get a very limited choice. I would be more than happy to turn my magic find gear into one of these new types (dire looks nice) or maybe even sentinels. But Anet have not yet said if those will be available to choose.

A -> B
C-> D
E -> F

There is no oh hey i have set A and i want stat combination F. You have no say, effectively Anet is punishing people for playing the game and investing in those items.

which set? If it is tradeable, it becomes “click and choose a new stat combo,” no matter the source. I’m still not sure about token/karma purchased MF items, but the following statement seems pretty clear:

“Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.” That is all inclusive – if it were just crafted, for example, it would say “All crafted…”

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

@TexZero

A -> B
C-> D
E -> F

Pretty sure the A to B connection you’re making is only for newly crafted stuff after the patch. Explorer’s is turning into one stat, Travellers to another, etc. They’ve said we can choose our stats on pre-existing gear.

We’ll see how limited it is on Tuesday I guess.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Is it true Salvage Kit type will effect change of salvaging luck? :<

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

A -> B
C-> D
E -> F

I guess you didn’t read the dev’s post.

For example, if you have an Explorer’s Pearl Staff, you can now double-click it to change it to any other crafting stat.

And…

No, it doesn’t. They mentioned it when talking about those copper salvage-o-matic things.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So i’ve bought magic find infusion on 2 characters and 1 ascended amulet with magic find. Ive paid for it 70 laurens, so it is about 2 months of playing. Am i going to be screwed now and lose 2 months of playing? It doesn’t looks nice to me…

The infusion should still work. That has nothing to do with the magic find on armor or weapons. Thus you didn’t waste your money and don’t need a refund on it.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

To my humble opinion the only fair compensation to replace Magic Find (soul bound) gear is to add the same amount of MF which was on the gear to the permanent MF account bonus. Replacement stats like suggested would mostly be useless since they won’t match with the player stats.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

To my humble opinion the only fair compensation to replace Magic Find (soul bound) gear is to add the same amount of MF which was on the gear to the permanent MF account bonus. Replacement stats like suggested would mostly be useless since they won’t match with the player stats.

Well, the whole point of celestial was to give a bit of everything – even if is difficult for all of them to match a single build.
It is more a matter of principle for me – they’re nerfing items they’ve introduced only recently, and not even for them being overpowered – that could have been a legit reason – cause they aren’t at all.
Items you had to spend a lot of materials just to get a recipe (those same materials that are needed in large quantities for ascended), if not for money. And other materials to craft them. And eventually transmutation crystals to give them skins.
For items that will be subpar – cause they were balanced when magic find was still accounted for, after all.
And what i don’t like is that it seems like it this was all done on purpose.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Pretty rubbish way to treat people with Celestial gear, Anet. I hate MF on gear because of how it kills build choice, but zero compensation and no refund kills what little faith I had left in you.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I’m glad they’re removing this stat on armour, I hate carrying greedy useless people through dungeons and events. Those currently posting showing negative responses in regard to this matter can actually do more now with this update instead of wasting space. Grow up, accepting change is part of life.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

A -> B
C-> D
E -> F

I guess you didn’t read the dev’s post.

For example, if you have an Explorer’s Pearl Staff, you can now double-click it to change it to any other crafting stat.

And…

No, it doesn’t. They mentioned it when talking about those copper salvage-o-matic things.

Where is this info cuz they said something completely different in a previous video stream.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I’m glad they’re removing this stat on armour, I hate carrying greedy useless people through dungeons and events. Those currently posting showing negative responses in regard to this matter can actually do more now with this update instead of wasting space. Grow up, accepting change is part of life.

And how does this apply to Celestial gear?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Yeah I’m pretty disappointed in their plan on Celestial gear. It really seemed to make my ele feel much less neglected by the developers. I worked really hard to build that gear through what seemed like an eternity of gated work. Now I find it’s going to just loose a stat where almost every other piece of equipment with that stat is getting a replacement. I’m fine with the rest of the plan, but something different needs to be done with celestial.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

The only reason I am not completely frothing right now is because the account-based magic-find potential is much higher than I originally thought at 300%

But they’re still taking away my candy and I am very disappointed. Now my gear is about boring stats like everyone else’s. So much for interesting playstyle choice. simply displaying a percentage of a player’s MF from gear on their party nameplate would have solved all the baby whining about dungeons completely.

But no, now it all has to be fair with an authority-mandated redistribution of loot because some players were getting more than everyone else. Fascists

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Any news on Winter trinkets? I want to keep my boon duration and don’t mind in the least that MF is going away on those items. Just not sure if we are losing all the stats including the boon duration (replaced by unknown type) or possibly gaining Giver’s stats.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Bottom line, it appears that anyone with really high end Magic Find sets and items is well and truly brutally screwed.

Aye. That’s how I read the article as well.

It seems, to me, that the game is moving away from a sandbox/open-world format (different styles of play, play the way you want, there is no right or wrong way to play, do what makes you happy, everyone has different goals and different ways to achieve personal goals) to a more linear play style.

Read: less choice, more force.

Maybe they should have just let ppl inspect gear instead. Then groups could boot MF leeches, which is the reason for this change anyway.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

So a super cheap set of MF gear should reward a permanent bonus that is much harder to obtain under the new system? Yea that’s a great idea…

Magic Find [merged]

azurrei.5691

Yeah I’m pretty disappointed in their plan on Celestial gear. It really seemed to make my ele feel much less neglected by the developers. I worked really hard to build that gear through what seemed like an eternity of gated work. Now I find it’s going to just loose a stat where almost every other piece of equipment with that stat is getting a replacement. I’m fine with the rest of the plan, but something different needs to be done with celestial.

You are losing a stat that has no effect at all on the performance of your elementalist – because Celestial was overbudgeted, stat wise, compared to any “normal” magic find gear.

I’m still in the process of making a Celestial set for my Guardian and have no plans to stop just because MF is gone from it…after all, the stat is now rolled into my entire account so you really are not losing anything.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

So a super cheap set of MF gear should reward a permanent bonus that is much harder to obtain under the new system? Yea that’s a great idea…

Don’t forget about the fact that the user of an expensive set of MF gear would have to replace said gear too… And even with a few percentages more MF, it’ll be a long time before you will have gained about 10+g (+ possibly transmutation crystals) more than somebody who didn’t have an expensive set of MF…

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: zafery.6784

zafery.6784

You are losing a stat that has no effect at all on the performance of your elementalist

What exactly is explorers’ set losing performance-wise if the magic find is removed from them, but it had its 2 remaining combat stats?

Make the full set.. And you’ll see, it’s weaker than anything else you can put on.. Effectiveness <> Total stats..

The problem has never been, people losing combat effectiveness when MF is removed from their gear.. This does not apply to any MF set.. It just would make MF sets inferior to other options.. And that applies to celestial as well.. Simple really..

Magic Find [merged]

azurrei.5691

You are losing a stat that has no effect at all on the performance of your elementalist

What exactly is explorers’ set losing performance-wise if the magic find is removed from them, but it had its 2 remaining combat stats?

Make the full set.. And you’ll see, it’s weaker than anything else you can put on.. Effectiveness <> Total stats..

The problem has never been, people losing combat effectiveness when MF is removed from their gear.. This does not apply to any MF set.. It just would make MF sets inferior to other options.. And that applies to celestial as well.. Simple really..

People made entire builds around Celestial gear – MF has no effect on said build – simple, really…

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

People made entire builds around Celestial gear – MF has no effect on said build – simple, really…

People have used extensively explorer’s and such items as well. MF had no effect as well.

They’re nerfing an item thas was balanced around having all its stats – by removing one of those. If so, they should rebalance it by giving it something else to compensate for the lost stat.
Simple, really…

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: zafery.6784

zafery.6784

I’d like to see that build which uses power, precision, crit dmg, cond. damage, healing power, thougness and vitality with max effectiveness.. That build better utilize all of those stats as efficiently as their min-max counterparts.. Better not lose anything.. Because they already lose maximum amount of stats..

I guess it is the 30/30/30/30/30/30 build isn’t it?..

You lose twice with celestial.. That’s why being over-budget is the only means to balance it.. And obviously it’s not overbudget enough if a hybrid elementalist can be better with mixing knights and berserkers..

Make it… Looking at all those pretty bunch of stats lose its allure when you play with it
for a couple of weeks…

Don’t get me wrong, celestial is not useless.. If you want (and can get) a somewhat hybrid build, and mix it %50 (or less) with berserkers you’ll get results (not better dmg than berserkers obviously, just more diverse).. But, that is all that it’s useful for now.. Nothing else.. A full set of celestial has always been subpar as a combat gear… It doesn’t feel like it can do anything, in fact it feels like it can do nothing..

(edited by zafery.6784)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: dibstaru.1358

dibstaru.1358

Weapons, armor, and trinkets that had a magic find stat combo have been flagged as account bound and will now allow double-clicking to permanently change the stat combo. This is a one-time ability, and the options are dependent on where the item was acquired. All trading post listings for these items have been cancelled and the items returned to the poster.

So, hopefully, you’ll be quite happy.

Magic Find [merged]

Chickenshoes.6250

I had 177 unbuffed magic-find (including sigil.) I am similarly cheesed.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Weapons, armor, and trinkets that had a magic find stat combo have been flagged as account bound and will now allow double-clicking to permanently change the stat combo. This is a one-time ability, and the options are dependent on where the item was acquired. All trading post listings for these items have been cancelled and the items returned to the poster.

So, hopefully, you’ll be quite happy.

These items will be soulbound the Character you play when you click them, so be careful.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: IamALie.8190

IamALie.8190

They seem to be soulbound to the character that had them equipped even when i haven’t changed the stats. Any idea if they will be changing this or if I’m stuck with it :/

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

I had about 120% magic find on my main.

I also had the foresight to buy up a couple hundred fine/masterwork items on the trading post before this release, and I just salvaged them all looking to get my stats back up to reasonable amount.

I now have 40% magic find.

GOOD. KITTEN-GOBBLING. JOB.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Velkyn.5168

Velkyn.5168

I have 3 level 80 characters and got each of them a full set of magic find rares, which I used for dungeons and world map farming. Since I used them so often, I bought each of them a set of cultural skins and transmutation stones to make those clothes look pretty,

I expected some kind of compensations for real money spent on the gem store when these changes hit. Instead I now have 3 sets of soulbound rares in expensive skins that I have no use for, because all my characters have exotics for all their builds.
I could use them for the skins and transmute them onto something else, right? Spending more money on transmutation stones…? So totally not. I feel extremely screwed over and I’m no sure where to turn to for adressing this issue. Hope his forum is the right place.
I’d like to either get my money back or be refunded the gems or transmutation stones I used.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Xiao Haishou.3691

Xiao Haishou.3691

There is no confirmation when you select magic find stats. I was looking through the stats to see what the different stats were and when I clicked on the dropdown list and I tried to select a stat, I accidentally pressed accept instead so now I’m stuck with a crappy stat exotic that I will never use.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The gear is not useless, you can doubleclick them and then pick any new stats. I think that is a very fair way. You also get 20% of magic find for free on your account.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Velkyn.5168

Velkyn.5168

As I said above, I have no use for different stats rares because all my characters already have exotic gear for all their builds.

The 20% free magic find means I have as much magic find as everyone else. While unlike most other players I spent real money for transmutation stones and ingame gold for cultural skins which I now have no use for from one day to the next.

(edited by Velkyn.5168)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

The other side of the coin I thought Accept was a confirmation. I don’t want to be asked are you sure? Are you Really Sure? There is a balance to play with Confirmation boxes.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Xiao Haishou.3691

Xiao Haishou.3691

The other side of the coin I thought Accept was a confirmation. I don’t want to be asked are you sure? Are you Really Sure? There is a balance to play with Confirmation boxes.

Accept isn’t the confirmation.

Take the zenith skins from achievements for example. The drop down list is equivalent to choosing a skin. Pressing accept on the zenith skin pops up a confirmation (are you sure you want to take blah blah skin?)
Pressing accept on an ex-magic find item automatically selects whatever it is

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: RuinatioN.6792

RuinatioN.6792

Where is this “We got your back” on the MF repalcement? None of these stats suit my profession. My armour is both worthless and useless. I was very clearly under the impression those who invested time, effort and gold (some people probably brought their gold via gems) to get the MF set.

We have basically been reset level with everyone else at 20% and told tough luck?

I at least expected to be going to a minimum of 50% but expecting closer to 100% in compensation for the loss. Because I now have a set of armour that cost 100% more than I am going to get for it and some of it will most likely be destroyed.

Guardian / Warrior / Ele @ Ruins of Surmia
Inner Monkey [IM]

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: DaveyC.4398

DaveyC.4398

I have to say I am seriously disappointed with the changes made to MF within the game. I fail to see how 20% account magic find to every user in the game makes up for all the players who brought magic find armor and trinkets.

You guys said you would give players extra MF for the loss of the items. All I got was a crappy 20%!

Complete waste of time spending hours running around crafting sets for two of my characters.

and before people start moaning about MF taking away from other stats blah blah blah I have two sets of exotics for both my main chars.

Magic Find [merged]

Chickenshoes.6250

You know what would have solved all this crap?

A magic-find percentage on party nameplates.

Mind = blown

Magic Find [merged]

DaveyC.4398

I think I am done with this game. I am really mad with myself for even buying Gems to support them after this.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Those mf sets should now also be able to be made into other sets. The point of the mf change is now its account wide and goes up to 300% mf. If you dont find the stats available in the options it gives you to be useful i would say salvage it hoping for ascended mats as im guessing its exotic gear.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

you can re-assign the magic find items. but, yes, this totally kittens those who have a mf set and the other set they like using. then again, the mf set is now account-bound, so not the worst that could happen. really, the only thing that could of been better was to make them non-account-bound, but they couldn’t really do that because then it would possibly give an unfair advantage to mf users.

Magic Find [merged]

DaveyC.4398

They have purposely misled people by saying people with magic find would be compensated. I wouldn’t be so mad if they had just gave us all the rods to start off with.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

what? they mf gear you have is still with you, which you can now switch to another stat set. and you have a boost of 20% mf for the new mechanic. i don’t really see this as a loss?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I have to say I am seriously disappointed with the changes made to MF within the game. I fail to see how 20% account magic find to every user in the game makes up for all the players who brought magic find armor and trinkets.

You guys said you would give players extra MF for the loss of the items. All I got was a crappy 20%!

Complete waste of time spending hours running around crafting sets for two of my characters.

and before people start moaning about MF taking away from other stats blah blah blah I have two sets of exotics for both my main chars.

A change to the system that you have known about for months now, yet you are on here complaining. You have had X amount of time to benefit from the MF on the gear. They explained why having to choose between gear that had MF or gear that was good for the build was not what they initially intended upon. So they decided to have MF be account bound.

They gave a 20% times 5 items, this is a nice compensation. Really they could have went and given the full 300% for X amount of time and you most likely would have still whined that you were not given enough. Things change, if you do not like change. Do not play an MMO, go buy one of the many RPG games out there that are released and never touched again. If this does not please you still do not buy an MMO. Change will happen, embrace change or find another hobby.

Magic Find [merged]

DaveyC.4398

Change is not the problem, its being led to believe one thing then getting another. I never expected to get 300% account bound. But they where the ones who said they would take care of people who have invested in MF but that has not happened. Every one got the same regardless of MF investment.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

You are being short sighted about this issue. A few gold spent and probably earned back already. Players complained about MF gear, sacrificing stats for a small chance to get better loot. So they separate MF from gear, this is a win overall.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group