Forum bug for the win. Yay…. :/

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Mounts [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I would like Flame Legion charr slave as my mount. What i would like even more is mounts as a rewards for achievements or something hard (inb4 kill 1 giant. That’s gw2 after all). Kinda tired of “everything in gemstore” model.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

you tease Anet

“These traditional hylek have come to Maguuma to forcibly convert the Itzel and Nuhoch back to worshipping their sun god, Zintl. Led by charismatic demagogues and mounted* on giant beetles, the Zintl fanatics have begun a brutal campaign of terror and manipulation to force the Itzel and the Nuhoch into recanting their faith in Ameyalli in favor of Zintl.”

“* Zintl fanatics and their beetles do not use a proper mount system but instead share animations and a single health pool.”

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

Seriously, what’s the lore behind having no mounts :P ? It’s stupid.

I wish they could just delete every kitten waypoint and that “blurry portals” between zones and just give us random stuff to ride.

I wanna go here? LOADING
Ohh champ spawned there? LOADING
Look! Another champ and blue tag!! LOADING
Ok, time to salvage and sort stuff in bank! LOADING

The humans and Sylvari have no creatures large enough in their natural regions to use as “mounts”. There is and never was lore related to mounts in the GW universe

These “blurry portals” allow players to experience faster and less strenuous gameplay as well recognizing each area as an individual “zone”

You want to go across the map quickly to join in on an event right? Nope you have to run all the way there with your mount now and the event might end before you get close enough (think about what you type please)

You expect anet to give us one complete open map right? Because you’re aware how much stress that would put on their servers and our computers for all the LOADING we’ll have to do on this massive map.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

Since everything already exists and mounts would basically just be a Skin with a Speedbuff for lazy ppl, there is absoluely no reason to not implement them

umm…

• Permanent +33% speed on mounts

That alone is reason enough to not have them.

Did you even read my post or just picked a random point to disagree? <_<
Every class can achieve perma-speed, with more or less effort. For QoL just take a mount, save the time to respecc/equip and enjoy your vehicle.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Gliders people. You’re already getting gliders.

Well. The gliders are just for HoT, right? Over there in the Maguuma Jungle. Can’t use ’em anywhere where it would make sense to use them.

Anyway, I don’t want a glider. I’ve never asked for a glider. And furthermore I think using gliders in a jungle is just plain dumb. What makes a jungle a jungle? Is it all the trees? The vines? The lack of open space, which, if it was there, would make the area something other than a jungle?

What I want is a horse. Of course. For my characters to ride to and fro across the landscape, whilst enjoying the fresh air and all that other good stuff. Mount Mastery — master different gaits, jumping, jousting, racing… ah, just think of all the fun we’re missing because someone thought waypoints would be better.

Waypoints, scattered as they are all across the landscape, were a mistake. Especially establishing them as actual devices that exist in the game world instead of nudge nudge wink wink game mechanics. How much energy does it take to power those things, anyway? What kind of energy is it? How reliable is it? How much does it cost to generate it? Where is it generated? How is it distributed? Who inspects the individual waypoints to make sure they’re functioning properly? Who keeps them repaired? What if something goes wrong? More to the point: who do we SUE if something goes wrong and what went in doesn’t come out the other end in the same shape it went in? Or doesn’t come out at all?

Waypoints: a disaster waiting to happen. Already compromised once by an elder dragon!

Mounts: not just a means of transportation, but boon companions and potentially one heckuva gold/time/$$$ sink.

Mounts: the only logical choice.

The table is a fable.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

All I can say is that 90% (maybe more) of the people (mainly males) I met in WoW were totally mount-obsessed.

Many of them were farming instances for months, or years, to get the rarer ones and I think many of them would have stopped bothering to play without them.

These were not, generally, the kind of players who would frequent forums.

Can’t say I was that into mounts, as a whole – I liked a few of them very much (the flying jewel panthers, for example), but others I could live without.

On the whole, I preferred pets (combat ones, on hunter, or companion ones).

However, the point is, that mounts are like the cars (and planes) of the game world and we all know how many men (especially) really like cars (and probably would like their own planes, given half the chance)…

So, if you’re looking to truly maximise player numbers, I would imagine you’re snobby about mounts at your peril.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Gliders people. You’re already getting gliders.

Well. The gliders are just for HoT, right? Over there in the Maguuma Jungle. Can’t use ’em anywhere where it would make sense to use them.

Anyway, I don’t want a glider. I’ve never asked for a glider.

Right. You want the thing you’ve been asking for? Buy the xpac. What? its not quite the thing you were asking for? You sure? Naaaah, you must be mistaken. Did we mention that you should buy the xpac?

Picking up on the subtle Anet theme here?

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Geneaux.9547

Geneaux.9547

I don’t think we need mounts.
the screens is often cluttered enough with all the minis and wings.
it’s not like the orld is so big that you can’ even travel by food in a decent amount of time.

I don’t see disccusion or anyone up in arms about particle-effect-zerg-hell in the game or combative mounts.

If they would be faster then players it would be pay 2 win.
Even if you’d pay cash to use them.

Looking at the game’s use of shared loot, the average time it takes for people to get to most significant types of events like world bosses, and the overall lax tone the game plays, can you explain how you came to this conclusion? I mean, no one here can say what the acquisition method for mounts(IF they’re implemented) will be. The statement or assumption that they’ll cost gems is a foolhardy one at best.

“Man this jungle in the expansion better look so good it gives me flashbacks to Nam.”
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Knights of Ares [ARES]

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

The reason why people are saying no is because the existence of waypoints turns mounts into an aesthetic item and those items could be used to grief.

Wut? How in the world could aesthetic items be used to grief?

We already have aesthetic “mounts” and I don’t see those being used to grief. How would riding the back of a dolyak, horse or mini-dragon be any different from riding a flying carpet – which isn’t and can’t be used to grief?

Those items are too small to grief. When you start getting into animals and such (like dragons) those can be used to grief. How the griefing works depends on how anet designs the mounts.

I apologize for nitpicking this reply, but, by your logic in the reply above, any mechanic or addition could be use to grief depending on its design. Mounts are no different. I just couldn’t help myself…

I see mounts being added as a pure cosmetic item such as the ‘mounts’ we already have (Broomstick, Carpet, Drill). It’s even better that Anet could put their own spin on them, too, exactly as they did with the Drill (land mount? flying mount? How about some…UNDERGROUND MOUNT!?). Riding a dragon would seem a bit excessive, seeing the normal size for most dragons in the game already, but a dolyak would fit perfectly, or even a golem of sorts.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

Yeah, I know.
Here’s the thing though, I’ve been having friends turn this game down left and right just because GuildWars2 has no mounts available. Seems silly to me, but hear me out.

As many collectables as this game has, none of that seems to matter to them because they can’t collect mounts, and I don’t blame them, because mounts are far more satisfying and substantial than most of the things available on the market right now.

Gem sales
Personally, I think they’re missing out on a huge opportunity for drawing in new players, and boosting sales through the purchase of premium mounts on the gem store (Functionally identical, with seasonal, themed, or just plain cool looking mounts available.)

Functionality
As far as functionality goes, I feel that mounts should be treated in a way similar to aquatic combat, meaning that your choice of weapon is limited (Maybe something like a Lance for melee classes, and a Battle Staff for magical classes), and thus the skill kit you have is unique and balanced for fighting from a mount.

Besides the different skill kits, the movement of mounts should differ. Backpedaling should be significantly slower than on foot, as should strafing.
Turning should be non-instant, thus allowing unmounted players to use footwork to get out of the attack area of mounted players.

Mounts can be disabled for certain areas and game modes, or made mandatory if there’s an event which uses them (Jousting, for example)

Downsides and Concerns
Obviously, adding mounts would not be trivial, it would take months if not years to create the assets and make the changes required to support, restrict and handle the inclusion of mounts.
The balance of the game would also be thrown into turmoil if their usage was not restricted or well-balanced. Even if well-balanced, it would change the meta for certain.

This has been discussed before, countless times I’m sure, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the subject.
If you have anything you want to add, be my guest, but please refrain from kicking any dead horses…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

This should go well.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

15 charrs and stuff..

Attachments:

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Nein.
/15chars

Polish > hype

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Neigh.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Mounts [merged]

Weylin.6478

This isn’t a promising start…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

Neigh.

Can’t neigh: this horse was beaten to death then beaten some more.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Uh, haven’t seen this one this week. Soon to be merged into the existing 22 page thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Mounts

Which now is just a huge mess of new threads getting merged into it.

You know, when even the “yeah, I know this has been asked before” opening gets old, that poor horse has really had its share.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Apparently….

Attachments:

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

15 charrs and stuff..

Let the poor horse die in peace!!D;

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Mounts will just make you lazy and fat.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Mounts [merged]

Weylin.6478

Wouldn’t one think that with so many people suggesting it that they may take it more seriously?

I’m not sure what their reasons are, or why I can’t get any of my friends to play because of a thing like this.

Mounts [merged]

Cyninja.2954

Wouldn’t one think that with so many people suggesting it that they may take it more seriously?

I’m not sure what their reasons are, or why I can’t get any of my friends to play because of a thing like this.

You mean the 1 person suggesting it and then getting shot down by 10-20 people? Yes, they are indeed listening to their player base. The majority of which stands with:“We don’t need or want them. There are more important things to spend ressources on.”

Mounts [merged]

Weylin.6478

Is it really that they don’t want them, or they’re just trolling with 1 line responses and pictures of beating a horse?

They aren’t even a productive counter-argument, just a flat “no”

With all the details I laid out, there’s no discussion, just troll posts? C’mon.

Mounts [merged]

Dante.1763

Is it really that they don’t want them, or they’re just trolling with 1 line responses and pictures of beating a horse?

With all the details I laid out, there’s no discussion, just troll posts? C’mon.

It is that we dont want them. We have heard everything before, many times, hence the flat out “No” responses, we have gotten so tired of typing up counter arguments that its just a time saver. if you want to read all the counter arguments, go look at the 22 page thread someone linked.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

It’s not trolling, it’s implying that these threads have come and gone many times with the same result.

Mounts fulfill no need in this game, and adding them would be a massive waste of resources when actual content could be created instead.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So many to choose from. I’ll pick something new for me.

And if the OP hasn’t figured it out my opinion on the subject, it’s no. We have way points for quick movement and “toys” like the broom and carpet.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Mounts [merged]

Cyninja.2954

Read the thread, there are a lot of arguments in there against mounts. People are sick and tired and lazy of reposting them over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over and over again.

Just like you were to lazy to check if this topic has been made before. Here are some more threads for refference:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Incoming-Mounts/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/So-when-do-we-get-mounts/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-Would-Mounts-do-for-this-Game
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/future-possibility-of-mounts/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/Mounts-17
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/mounts-and-flying-mounts
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/Merged-Think-Mounts-outside-the-box
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/Why-no-mounts/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/flying-mounts-1
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/No-Mounts

Edite: sorry Behellagh, I didn’t quote you. Just copyied the links.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Seriously?
Haven´t you played this game at all?

You must´ve noticed all the glowing diamond thingies. ANY mount would have to obviously have a significant movement boost thus make the the teleporters kinda moot.

People feel like not discussing this anymore because by now most have understood that this game doesn´t have an actual world but just a bunch of “virtually connected” maps.
So in that regard mount would fail massively too as you´d hit the kitten map border every couple of seconds or so.

In other words, THIS IS NOT WOW!

Polish > hype

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: DrMcAwEsOmE.2839

DrMcAwEsOmE.2839

Much as I hate these replies, if a lack of mounts keeps your friends from playing, then the hard truth is that this isn’t the game for them. It really is that simple.

But, I have to ask: did your friends join the WoW forum criers over no flying in Draenor, too?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Unforgiven Azrael.6203

Unforgiven Azrael.6203

I’ve been having friends turn this game down left and right just because GuildWars2 has no mounts available.

Hahaha really?!?!

also to answer your main post: no, just no

Mounts [merged]

Weylin.6478

Hmm, I tried searching before posting this, but the search function is a bit broken and scatters the text everywhere.

I’m reading a lot of the posts of the naysayers, and really, most of those issues of dev time, stupidity of how they look, and frivolous nature of the mounts could be dealt with.

Yes, there’s better things that can be added, isn’t there always? Mounts are by no means a priority, because they don’t solve a problem, if anything, they create more problems.

If done correctly, mounts have the potential to add depth and further variety to the game, and wouldn’t it be nice if GW2 steered clear of the #%^&ty mounts system that at least a dozen other MMO’s employ?

Seriously, it CAN be done right, they just need to be innovative.

Mounts [merged]

Dante.1763

No..it would be nice if i could play a MMO without having mounts clutter my screen. It would be nice if i didnt need mounts to be able to move around the world effectively. Something i dont need to do in GW2 now. The game world is small enough already, Mounts would further make it smaller.

So again, No to mounts, they arent needed.

Mounts [merged]

Weylin.6478

No..it would be nice if i could play a MMO without having mounts clutter my screen. It would be nice if i didnt need mounts to be able to move around the world effectively. Something i dont need to do in GW2 now. The game world is small enough already, Mounts would further make it smaller.

So again, No to mounts, they arent needed.

What if mounts were not necessary to move (we’d keep the asuran transporters….), but rather opened up new combat strategies?

Also, what makes mounts clutter? If they would just be a cluster!@#% in cities, they can be disallowed there.

It IS possible to have them appear in a way that makes sense, like they’re being teleported in by asuran tech, or only available from stables.

Mounts [merged]

Cyninja.2954

Hmm, I tried searching before posting this, but the search function is a bit broken and scatters the text everywhere.

I’m reading a lot of the posts of the naysayers, and really, most of those issues of dev time, stupidity of how they look, and frivolous nature of the mounts could be dealt with.

Hence the sticky at the top of the forum by Gaile Gray with following suggestion:

[b]Due to limitations within the current forum search engine, we want to suggest an alternative that may improve your search results and help you find the posts or threads you are seeking.

Type the following in the Google search bar (without any brackets):
site:[the url of the subforum you want to search in] [your search terms]

For the core forums and the GW2 Discussion sub-forum (dropping the “HTTP://), the URLs would be:

English: forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum
English GW2 Discussion: forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2

French: forum-fr.guildwars2.com/forum
French GW2 Discussion: forum-fr.guildwars2.com/forum/game/game

German: forum-de.guildwars2.com/forum
German GW2 Discussion: forum-de.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2

Spanish: forum-es.guildwars2.com/forum
Spanish GW2 Discussion: forum-es.guildwars2.com/forum/game/game
[/b]

Yes, there’s better things that can be added, isn’t there always? Mounts are by no means a priority, because they don’t solve a problem, if anything, they create more problems.

If done correctly, mounts have the potential to add depth and further variety to the game, and wouldn’t it be nice if GW2 steered clear of the #%^&ty mounts system that at least a dozen other MMO’s employ?

Seriously, it CAN be done right, they just need to be innovative.

No one says it can’t be done right. That was never the issue. The issue is a majority of players don’t want them. Read up on what happens when a developer implements things the player base don’t want. CCP with Eve Online and their Incarna expansion should be a good read.

And yes, there are many more important things. Thank god those are getting done.

You’ve been given reasons by others and provided ressources to read up and get answeres to your topic. Yes, even the inovative reasoning and suggestions and justification you gave have been given and responded to (notice the sarcasm).

There is enough mmos out there that provide mounts. Far more than those who stay clear of them.
I’m done with the thread, seems to me more and more like one of those:“I want this so do it. Everyone else is supposed to see it my way. Let’s change the game.” threads.

Mounts [merged]

Dante.1763

What if mounts were not necessary to move (we’d keep the asuran transporters….), but rather opened up new combat strategies?

Also, what makes mounts clutter? If they would just be a cluster!@#% in cities, they can be disallowed there.

It IS possible to have them appear in a way that makes sense, like they’re being teleported in by asuran tech, or only available from stables.

e,
Then why have mounts? If you want aesthetic mounts and only thos i may point you to the gem store, where some already exist; Carpet, Broom, Sonic tunneling tool. Or the gliders coming in HOT.

Combat: Again no, it doesnt make sense in this game. Hell, the developers are moving away from underwater combat, why would you think they would want to develop another form of combat?

Clutter: Do you have any idea how horrible a screen would look if there was a variety of mounts on screen with Charr riding them? it would look terrible. Mounts always look terrible really(to met at least) because of how massive they are. I love riding horses IRL but good god they look horrible in video games, because they are massive, wastes of space. This is not just something that would affect cities. it would affect the whole world. It is to small for mounts, the world already fills stuffed with all the monsters we have to fight.

It is not possible to have mounts appear in a way that makes sense. Nothing in GW2 uses them, until HOT hits and that will be one thing, the Hylek will be riding giant beetles. But you know what else? they will be using one combat model, which indicates to me at least, that GW2 cannot handle mounts effectively, even if they did want to add them, which they don’t since its been 3 years without them(aside from the very few gem store ones)

EDIT: i too am done with this thread as it seems as the person above said. “I want this so do it, everyone else can go kitten off”

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

As much as i would like mounts, i don’t see it happening, due to the technical limitations.

Their servers can’t even handle zergs anymore. They recently lowered the WvW limit because of this. Now imagine if all those thousands of players each had a mount with it’s vertices, textures, animations, and sounds.

I’m not saying they can’t do it, but they have other priorities they want to do first.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: HelloKittyZOMG.1875

HelloKittyZOMG.1875

I am not one to troll, so I will just state my opinion on the matter… I think mounts would be an awesome idea.
One thing I enjoy about WoW, among other similar games is the utilization of mounts hey even Sacred had mounts.
What’s odd though is I never thought of it before, could it work though for GW2? It is a great idea, but the mechanics, it’s definitely something to look into.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

No thank you.

The Burninator

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

It seems to me that the majority of the people that do not want mounts in the game came from Guild Wars 1 (such as myself), and the people that want mounts in this game came from some other game such as World of Warcraft.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

It seems to me that the majority of the people that do not want mounts in the game came from Guild Wars 1 (such as myself), and the people that want mounts in this game came from some other game such as World of Warcraft.

i’m in the ‘no’ crowd mainly just because there are more important things the game needs.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Not really!

I prefer it without mounts.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

Only if they move half as fast at the wvw supply dolyaks.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I’ve been having friends turn this game down left and right just because GuildWars2 has no mounts available.

The are not your friends.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Again — No.

Would a moderator please merge this thread with the main merged Mount thread?
Thank you.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Nice try but the forum warriors (a small percentage of the actual community) are not the most open creative players when it comes to change. In other words don’t expect much from them.

Good news is Anet does what they feel fits their game and audience, if one day they choose to add mounts we will have them. Maybe like jumping for GW2 we will see mounts in GW3 or a future xpac.

I bet if they did add mounts every anti mount player on these forums would rush out and buy/earn one after their initial cry.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

And in most of those I probably said what I always say:

• There are already mounts in the game.

No speed effects, no extra combat skills. Only fancy visuals while out of combat.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

If they add mounts, it needs to be like the magic carpet or the broom stick. No combat what so ever. There is no reason to allow such a feature in a game. Aesthetic travel via mount is fine IMO, as I see nothing wrong with someone exploring the environment on a mount that they get off of once they enter combat (as mentioned earlier, just like the gem store “mounts” now).

“The hype is real.”

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I bet if they did add mounts every anti mount player on these forums would rush out and buy/earn one after their initial cry.

That would be a very unwise move on your part. Your losses…. I shudder to imagine it.

Personally, if I were the gambling type, I’d say that some of the “anti-mount” players would rush out and grab a mount. However it would not be for the reasons you believe. They would not race for mounts because they want them — but rather because they would suddenly feel that they need them. Whether the mounts offered any form of gameplay advantage or not would make no difference in that respect. We see this mentality in so many aspects of the game already. When something exists in game, from cosmetic skins to achievement points, many players feel compelled to work towards attaining all that they can.

As for the rest of the “anti-mount” crowd? Well I imagine some would try their best to continue playing the game without mounts, no matter how damaged their experience may be. The rest…. well the rest may just quit the game.

But you don’t really want to hear that, do you?
You’re of the type that believes “NO.” = “Yes.” Am I correct?
That all of us that have spoken out against mounts have done so not because we don’t want mounts, but because we somehow just want to be viewed by the forum community as having said that we don’t want mounts?

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Mounts [merged]

Dante.1763

As for the rest of the “anti-mount” crowd? Well I imagine some would try their best to continue playing the game without mounts, no matter how damaged their experience may be. The rest…. well the rest may just quit the game.

Last post here, but this is what would happen to me, id try for awhile and then leave.