New Dailies

New Dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It doesn’t actually. Raw materials are usually worth more per piece than refined ones. So, non-crafters refining their previously sold raw materials are losing money in the long run.

New Dailies

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

It doesn’t actually. Raw materials are usually worth more per piece than refined ones. So, non-crafters refining their previously sold raw materials are losing money in the long run.

And we loose tons of silver daily just by traveling around by waypoints and still manage to make up for it easily. The cost for crafting 10 items, be it level 0 in which case it costs you 20 copper – 2 silver or refining ore/wood is minimal compared to other money sinks like waypoints and repair costs. My god I don’t even want to think how much gold went on that. There is no point arguing about it anymore really. Nighty night.

(edited by CharrGirl.7896)

New Dailies

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

and the people complaining about crafting achiement can i ask why you are not complaining about garthering achiement as if your not crafting you have no need to garther to

Gathering and crafting are two different things. Non-crafters often gather materials to sell as a source of income and it doesn’t involve leveling or taking up a craft. Raw materials are usually worth more than refined ones, so if they end up refining their materials before selling them, they’ll ultimately lose money, besides having to do something they don’t enjoy and hadn’t intended to do on the game originally.

I do not intend to do fractals. But it is part of the monthly. Has been for some time. I don’t do jumping, this month the monthly had find jumping puzzles. I don’t do pvp or wvw, but that has been a part of the monthly for some time.

I just do not get the monthly. So some people may not get ONE daily, if they really do not want to craft, then don’t, miss that daily. Like I have always missed the monthly. It is just not achievable for me. I keep hoping that some month down the line, a monthly WILL be doable. I have to wait a whole month for it to change, I don’t mind if there is one day where I may find it …just not my day.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

Considering that the cost of crafting isn’t really what’s at the crux of the concerns and never has been, true.

New Dailies

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

It’s a waste of materials. I have 9 level 80 characters, and all my skills are 400. I have no need for low level components, and no need to craft.

This is my main concern with the crafting being added, too. It just seems like a waste for some players. When crafting was talked about early on, it seemed as though the system was meant to minimize unnecessary, wasteful crafting. I liked this. For those of us with maxed out crafts, that plan kind of gets thrown out the window. Sure, I can easily craft something in “10 seconds” as all the proponents of the new dailies keep saying, as though time spent is actually a measure of usefulness, but it would be just to complete the daily and feels like a waste of materials. And when the TP is flooded with everyone else’s crafting detritus, we’ll eventually be lucky to get vendor price from anything we make.

If crafting for dailies is such a waste, then why am I gettting 2 lvl 78+ exotics armour after 5 days that would have costed me hundreds times more then the mats I used to “waste” on a daily. This whole crafting is a waste arguement is completely invalid.

New Dailies

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

I found the new Daily was as easy as the previous ones but I had to practice dodging. I healed NPC’s that were at the events I did, no prob there. I can make 2 copper ore into and ingot: TP was SELLING the ore for 15 copper pieces each but the copper ingots were selling for 33 copper each; I did not have to do that one but I would have made more money that way. Am sorry that so many of you folks are having a hard time. The dodge thing may help me to avoid dying at the Thaumanova reactor though…

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

It’s a waste of materials. I have 9 level 80 characters, and all my skills are 400. I have no need for low level components, and no need to craft.

This is my main concern with the crafting being added, too. It just seems like a waste for some players. When crafting was talked about early on, it seemed as though the system was meant to minimize unnecessary, wasteful crafting. I liked this. For those of us with maxed out crafts, that plan kind of gets thrown out the window. Sure, I can easily craft something in “10 seconds” as all the proponents of the new dailies keep saying, as though time spent is actually a measure of usefulness, but it would be just to complete the daily and feels like a waste of materials. And when the TP is flooded with everyone else’s crafting detritus, we’ll eventually be lucky to get vendor price from anything we make.

If crafting for dailies is such a waste, then why am I gettting 2 lvl 78+ exotics armour after 5 days that would have costed me hundreds times more then the mats I used to “waste” on a daily. This whole crafting is a waste arguement is completely invalid.

I’m sorry, but I have no idea how your comment relates to the concerns I’ve voiced. How did you previously “waste” mats on the former dailies? The former dailies didn’t involve crafting at all.

New Dailies

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I finished my dailies in under 30minutes or so. I got lucky I had no craft this kitten or kill a couple vets or underwater kills or combo stuff and other lame and somewhat forcing daily tasks. Just the revive, dodge, kill variety, event, and gatherer.

I hope they just give us a complete list of ALL possible daily quests, then from there, you get to choose to finish 5 of them and you’re set. As of now, this new dailies system make me pray to the six gods to spare me those crazy new daily tasks they’ve added and give me easy ones.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

New Dailies

Posted by: Liavain Axon.1972

Liavain Axon.1972

Okay. I slogged through this entire thread and the only thing that comes to mind is that someone needs to call the Waaaaambulance.

A lot of the complaints here are simply silly. My wife, who has only done ONE daily previously just completed the daily for today. The only thing she had a problem with was the dodge-rolling part. After some coaxing and some help she did it.

Kill Variety- Easy. Kill everything in sight, including the ambient critters.
Healer- Done easy. We did it in Diessa Plateau. Tons of NPCs dead everywhere. O.o
Dodger- Wife had issues, but it was not that difficult. Just pat attention to mobs and dodge roll when their attack would hit. Easiest on Caster types.
Gatherer- Easy, tap every node.
Events- Another easy one.

The previous dalies- Combo field, for instance, was annoying but not impossible. Just need to pay attention to your weapon skills. Switch weapons if you have to. Also, this is GW2, a MMO, not GW1. It shouldn’t be that hard to find someone to group with.

Crafting- Oh please, if you can’t spend a few silver or bother to use a couple of mats that you have to make something then you really shouldn’t bother playing this game. Crafting in GW2 is not hard, time consuming, or expensive if you know what to do. Also- I actually make more money selling ingots than ores.

Underwater combat- OMG It is so hard to find water in this game. I can’t take a few minutes out of my busy schedule of sitting in Lions Arch to jump into the water and kill some mobs. -_-

XOXO
~Lia

(edited by Liavain Axon.1972)

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

Also- I actually make more money selling ingots than ores.

That’s funny. I always make more money selling ore than ingots. lol

New Dailies

Posted by: TheFreshBrew.1958

TheFreshBrew.1958

Also- I actually make more money selling ingots than ores.

That’s funny. I always make more money selling ore than ingots. lol

Ok, so you sell ingots? But are against the Crafting Daily. Are you just arguing to be arguing?

New Dailies

Posted by: Aldracity.9463

Aldracity.9463

You guys still need to admit that Combo Kill had disproportionately awkward and inconsistent requirements compared to everything else. Requiring you to party with a dedicated combo fielder, being careful to last hit with the finisher and then swapping roles in order to consistently achieve 10 Combo Kills? I dunno about you, but I don’t get that from regular play.

Kill Variety happens from just wandering around. Healer can happen from just wandering around. Gatherer happens from just wandering around. Events happens from wandering around. Dodges happen from fighting anything. Underwater Kills happen if you take a dip. Crafting happens if you have any materials at all.

Combo Kills? I got 5 over 1.5 hours from trying to line up finishers in the middle of zergs. I don’t care if you can skype with a guy to complete it in 5 minutes – not everyone has that opportunity. I’m totally fine with being asked to play with other people, but we shouldn’t have to bend over backwards for the results.

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

Ok, so you sell ingots? But are against the Crafting Daily. Are you just arguing to be arguing?

I have a stockpile of ingots that I sell that don’t require me to refine anything. I don’t regularly make ingots these days. So, this is neither here nor there.

Are you just arguing to be arguing?

New Dailies

Posted by: TheFreshBrew.1958

TheFreshBrew.1958

I have a stockpile of ingots that I sell that don’t require me to refine anything. I don’t regularly make ingots these days. So, this is neither here nor there.

Are you just arguing to be arguing?

Yeah, ok… have fun with that.

New Dailies

Posted by: riddleguy.9738

riddleguy.9738

I love the new achivements system!!! the only one i hate so far is the daily combo kill with allys. It would have been nice if they implemented the pick and choose feature but that feature is not ready.

For those complaining anet released an unfinished system…the way i see it, it’s releasing 2 finished features…variety for dailies and the laurel system. Im fine waiting a month to be able to pick and choose dailies. I see the new variety as a way to encourage me to improve my crafting skills so i can make more stuff,learn to dodge,learn to do combos and stuff.

New Dailies

Liavain Axon.1972

Celtic Lady-

Odd. I was under the impression that selling 3 iron ore at 8c a piece was less profitable than selling one ingot at 24c. Considering you take a TP fee hit for each item you sell.

Silly me.

XOXO
~Lia

New Dailies

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

Personally I think the new dailies are awesome. We don’t have to do the same thing every day. All the goals are stuff you will probably do anyway just playing normally, and if not, they seem (at least to me) like fun challenges. Dodging was the hardest for me, but it was very good practice.

I did mine in Diessa too and it didn’t take long at all, just a bit longer than usual. Which made it a fun challenge, especially since the reward is also better now.

I’m a crafting nut and wish they had left that in. I was so excited there for a minute to see it included in another achievement besides master crafter. ^^ Oh well.

No offense intended to those of you sharing constructive criticism, but I’m surprised so many people are upset about the dailies changing. I think we all agree grind is bad, and having variety reduces grind. Also, replacing ye old “kill X number of things,” which was part of the daily before, with interesting goals that require some attention and gameplay seems like something people would like. Sorry to hear that not everyone feels that way.

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

New Dailies

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

I’m sorry, but I have no idea how your comment relates to the concerns I’ve voiced. How did you previously “waste” mats on the former dailies? The former dailies didn’t involve crafting at all.

And? So what? Now they do, and with that the money that you can make\save with the items you can get with the laurels, those craftables you used for the dailies don’t seem like a waste at all.

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

Considering you take a TP fee hit for each item you sell.

The TP charge price is 15% of the total sale rather than a flat fee per item. I can sell 3 iron ore for 30c total minus 15% or I can sell 1 iron ingot for 27c minus 15%. This charge amounts to 1 copper per sale regardless of whether I sell ore or an ingot. Iron is a bad example, though, because the profit margins here are so low anyway. Also, once many people are making ingots to sell because they crafted them for their dailies, the price of ingots will plummet and the price of ore will rise.

New Dailies

Posted by: Hee Haw.7164

Hee Haw.7164

I think the point is that Dailies have had extra value attached to them. In addition to the existing rewards we were used to, the new laurels can be traded for items with cash value. His example of a profession item box would in the worst case (two level 78-80 rares) be worth about 70s or so on the TP. In the best case they would be exotic or salvage for multiple ectos.

So, rather than seeing the small cost of materials used for daily crafting as a waste, see it as an investment with very nice returns. The money, as you’ve said, is not a concern. So if it’s not wasteful, and it’s not expensive, all we’re left with is “I don’t want to”.

New Dailies

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

Also, the daily already changed and crafting isn’t a part of it anymore. No telling whether it will ever pop up again, either, so I wouldn’t worry too much. At this point we are discussing something that is already moot, aren’t we?

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

With that the money that you can make\save with the items you can get with the laurels, those craftables you used for the dailies don’t seem like a waste at all.

Sure, assuming the amulets will sell for more money than a person is spending on their crafting specific to the daily. They very well may. Although, I was strictly speaking as someone planning on using the jewelry I’m getting rather than selling it for profit.

New Dailies

Posted by: Lithuen.9067

Lithuen.9067

I wired a cabbage to a 12-volt battery which
proceeded to rain ideas of the same quality,

“Smile,” he said. “Things could be worse.”
He smiled, and sure enough, things got worse.

New Dailies

Liavain Axon.1972

The TP charge price is 15% of the total sale rather than a flat fee per item. I can sell 3 iron ore for 30c total minus 15% or I can sell 1 iron ingot for 27c minus 15%. This charge amounts to 1 copper per sale regardless of whether I sell ore or an ingot. Iron is a bad example, though, because the profit margins here are so low anyway. Also, once many people are making ingots to sell because they crafted them for their dailies, the price of ingots will plummet and the price of ore will rise.

I’m not going to nitpick (too badly…), but the prices of ore/ingots always fluctuate. As the example I stated, ores were 8c each as of a few moments ago. It takes 3 to make one ingot. 8*3 is 24c, not 30c.

The rewards for the dalies (laurels) are simply more valuable than most realize. The system is new. Instead of complaining about it, give it some time.

Personally I’m going to save up for the cat tonic.

XOXO
~Lia

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

Also, the daily already changed and crafting isn’t a part of it anymore. No telling whether it will ever pop up again, either, so I wouldn’t worry too much. At this point we are discussing something that is already moot, aren’t we?

It’s possible they won’t include the “craft 10 items” in future dailies, but it’s also possible they might. You’re right; we just don’t know for sure yet, and maybe the discussion here will influence that decision. Personally, I’m not overly concerned, but if I had a choice, I’d opt not to have the “craft 10 items” appear again.

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m not going to nitpick (too badly…), but the prices of ore/ingots always fluctuate.

Yep, the prices are always changing and my experience for the last five months has been that selling ore is generally more profitable than selling ingots. But my point was that you aren’t being penalized per item, so that doesn’t figure in.

New Dailies

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

The veteran daily doesn’t work.

I have it on my current daily and: WvW vets don’t give credit – DE Vets don’t give credit – Random vets floating around the world don’t give credit. Already submitted a bug report AND asking for help on the forums, but nobody seems to know what to do :/

The crafting 10 things I like. I make jewelery anyway for gold so it’s simple and straightforward

New Dailies

Posted by: Perfect.1274

Perfect.1274

I am very disappointed in the new dailies, I thought the moto was, play how you want to play. These dailies seam to suggest it’s do what we tell you to do today or you won’t get achievement points.

First I don’t like being forced into PvE or WvW, I do not see why there are 2 seperate achievement systems, 1 for carebears and 1 for pvpers. They should all be 1 achievement system that give x amount of choices, of which you must complete y and be rewarded in full regardless of what you choose to do. You should be able to complete all the achievements just by doing WvW such as;
kill 10 people in WvW, take a tower, kill a dolyak, build siege or whatever else is useful to the WvW cause.
Have another section for dungeon runners such as;
Do any dungeon, kill a boss, I dont know what else these guys do but make something up
Have another area for PvPers such as;
Kill 10 people, win a match, play 5 matches etc
Have another for carebears;
Craft some items, do some world events, grind a bajillion mobs

You should be able to just do the part of the game that interests you and not be forced into the other areas which IMO are of no interested to you. For example crafting or forced to run fotm for 2 months now, the game is becoming more of a 1 hour chore to maintain my achievement points before getting into some PvP which is the area I actually enjoy. I should be able to complete my achievement points just by doing pvp, as others should be rewarded for just doing their fav part of the game.

Secondly I don’t like how the achievement system favours the PvE side of things, you can get 25 points from the 1 hour daily chore of running around WvW maps to get events and other carebear activities or get 5 points from the 45 mins it takes to play 3 PvP matches. Why are the points not even for pvp and pve. This also goes for the monthly 35 pts v 7 pts.

Thirdly and off topic why isn’t there a trading post vendor in the heart of the mists, I dont like the loading screen to LA everytime I need to pickup items I am fliping between matches.

New Dailies

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

You cannot solo the kill combo daily which is kitten me off pretty hardcore. You can’t even do it with strangers, you HAVE to add people to a party to do it.

They made these achievements sound like a reason to come back to the game, but…yeah. No. This is really stupid.

Yeah, this and the crafting thing are a big turn off. The dailies have kept me coming back even when I wanted to quit. I’m not planning to do these two.

(edited by Zonzai.2341)

New Dailies

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Personally, I don’t see any reason why any part of the game wouldn’t be fair game for a daily requirement. The complaints in this thread are unbelievable!

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

New Dailies

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

So much QQ in such short time lol…

And to do daily you just need to play the game and chest will popup on its own [(except craft part – but it’s so hard that i won’t comment that (irony) ]

But ofc ppl want the game to be as easy as breathing

And no, i didnt read the whole topic since i dont have so much time to waste for QQs.

New Dailies

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Unlike the other reply this post received, I am going to nitpick.

The TP tax is not 15%, it’s 5% + 10% with a minimum of 1c. Selling 3 iron ores for 8c each (individually) will net you [(8c * 0.9) – 1c] * 3 = 18c. Selling 1 iron ingot for 24c will net you [(24c * 0.9) -1c] = 21c. Even if you post the three ores together (to save on the posting fee) you should still only net 20c compared to 21c from posting the ingot.

With limited exception, on average there is no difference in price between selling an ingot versus the ore to make the ingot. Once in a while one will swing up faster than the other, but you’re usually looking at losing maybe 20-30c on your worst day (for 10 ingots instead of ores) which would be offset by similar profits over any sufficiently long period of time.

New Dailies

Posted by: jweltsch.1832

jweltsch.1832

I thought this stuff was thoroughly tested… I got the kill 5 veterans daily and it will not update no matter what I kill…. I wonder how many more are bugged grrr…

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

This blanket comment here is completely unfair to those with valid concerns. It’s also extremely disrespectful. Most players don’t want everything handed to them. This idea often stems from a misunderstanding of some of the concerns.

New Dailies

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

This blanket comment here is completely unfair to those with valid concerns. It’s also extremely disrespectful. Most players don’t want everything handed to them. This idea often stems from a misunderstanding of some of the concerns.

This blanket comment there is completely fair for those that are crying over anything even a little challenging. And for those it was directed at. Also there is nothing disrespectful since it’s just mine subjective opinion over some behaviors. I don’t know those people, therefore I’m not referring to them as persons just for their attitude in a concrete matter.

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

With limited exception, on average there is no difference in price between selling an ingot versus the ore to make the ingot.

Right. A person isn’t automatically going to make less money selling 2-3 ore rather than 1 ingot regardless of going rate simply because one is listing more actual items.

New Dailies

Perfect.1274

I thought this stuff was thoroughly tested… I got the kill 5 veterans daily and it will not update no matter what I kill…. I wonder how many more are bugged grrr…

It would seam the crafting achievement is also bugged. I have tried the following
Refinement of ore into bars on a max char
Refinement of raw mats on non max char
Crafted items on max char
Crafted items on non max char
Discovered new items on non max char

None worked! Its bad enough I am forced to craft but then to not be rewarded is a kick in the teeth.

New Dailies

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

That’s enough. I can’t get anyone to die in order to revive them. I give up. Been looking for a corpse for several hours, no ones cooperating. It’s now 2 days without completing dailies. I don’t think I missed more than one or two since launch and now I can’t complete one. Thank you Anet. Beautiful work.

Realy! Plenty in orr

Was playing in Orr, thanks. Running Pent/shelt, as usual, for a couple hours to no avail. Bad design is bad design. I did learn that NPC’s count so I began letting NPC’s die instead of protecting them—again, bad design, but it did let me complete the daily. This is a fail patch pure and simple. And, it should have been obvious that it was fail. Just another fail on top of the fail.

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

It would seam the crafting achievement is also bugged. None worked! Its bad enough I am forced to craft but then to not be rewarded is a kick in the teeth.

Are you sure you still have this as a daily? My dailies switched over before I could complete the one featuring crafting and the new daily doesn’t have crafting on it at all.

New Dailies

Syeria.4812

With limited exception, on average there is no difference in price between selling an ingot versus the ore to make the ingot.

Right. A person isn’t automatically going to make less money selling 2-3 ore rather than 1 ingot regardless of going rate simply because one is listing more actual items.

If you list the items separately and the value of the ingot is below 50c, you will make less money due to rounding. The difference is trivial, (3c or less) but it technically is “less.” If the items are sold together, this loss can be minimized to the point of not existing.

New Dailies

Perfect.1274

I am sure, it says Veteran, Dodger, Crafter, Gatherer, Events.

I cannot complete the Veteran or Crafter ones. Very annoying!

New Dailies

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

So much QQ in such short time lol…

Anything other GW2 is Jebus = QQ to some people. GW2 – as awesome as it may be – is not perfect.

Some of these dailies are going to be pretty tough to get. At least two of them don’t even work. But all you see is what you want to see.

And no, i didnt read the whole topic since i dont have so much time to waste for QQs.

Good thing you are omniscient then… Broken dailes are broken. Hard dailies are hard.

(edited by Zonzai.2341)

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

If you list the items separately and the value of the ingot is below 50c, you will make less money due to rounding. The difference is trivial, (3c or less) but it technically is “less.” If the items are sold together, this loss can be minimized to the point of not existing.

I’m guessing that the disparity between ore prices and ingot prices are going to widen in the future, assuming crafting through refining is permanently added to the daily rotations. Ingots will appear in greater numbers than usual on the market as people create them for their dailies, while the ore prices will rise as more people buy it in order to use it to refine to meet their dailies. Ah, economics. lol

(edited by Celtic Lady.3729)

New Dailies

Posted by: Phedre.3597

Phedre.3597

kittening AWFUL change to the dailies.

I hate crafting. I know some people love it; great, and more power to them. To me it’s worse than watching paint dry. Every minute I have to spend at a crafting station is pure boredom.

Dodging Daily: W.T.F.?? It took me forever to get this one, because only a small percent of my dodges counted. My normal play style isn’t to get right into harm’s way and then wait until the last possible second to dodge – which seems to be the only way to successfully have it count toward the daily. Stupid. This doesn’t encourage smarter play, only riskier play.

I didn’t even bother trying to finish the daily tonight; was too kitten about it to even get motivated.

For the love of god, change it back! Or if you want to add optional EXTRA achievements for these other things, go for it, but don’t kitten up the existing system. At least let the old daily requirements always be a valid way of completing the daily achievement.

Welcome to the grind, folks!
You load 16 tons, whaddya get? Another day older and deeper in debt.
St. Peter don’t ya call me cuz I can’t go, I OWE MY SOUL TO THE COMPANY STORE!

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

I am sure, it says Veteran, Dodger, Crafter, Gatherer, Events.

I cannot complete the Veteran or Crafter ones. Very annoying!

Wow, that’s too bad that it’s not working. Your daily is different than mine. Huh. Mine is kill variety, healer, dodger, gatherer, events. As I mentioned before, there wasn’t time for me to complete the daily that appeared when I logged in, so I missed the crafting one altogether.

New Dailies

Phedre.3597

Another thing…why do you devs always have to remove options from players? Why can’t you add things in instead of doing a bait and switch? You people….I swear…

New Dailies

Syeria.4812

I’m guessing that the disparity between ore prices and ingot prices are going to widen in the future, assuming crafting through refining is permanently added to the daily rotations. Ingots will appear in greater numbers than usual on the market as people create them for their dailies, while the ore prices will rise as more people buy it in order to use it to refine to meet their dailies. Ah, economics. lol

Except the vast majority of ore is used to create ingots, and nothing else. The reason ingot prices mirror ore prices is because when ingot prices falls below manufacture cost, people stop making them. When they rise above manufacture cost, people make them to earn a profit. Ah, economics. The only reason ingot prices are as low as they are is players crafting them when prices fluctuate. Unless a large number of new recipes are introduced that use raw ores and are more efficient than other recipes in existence, the relationship between the two will not change. Even if that does occur, then players will no longer make ingots to get their crafting daily completed, and will swap to other break even/small loss recipes until equilibrium is reached again.

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

Even if that does occur, then players will no longer make ingots to get their crafting daily completed, and will swap to other break even/small loss recipes until equilibrium is reached again.

Yeah, some of them will have options to refine something else instead of ingots, such as leather, cloth, or wood. And then there will be more of those appearing. Jewelers might find branching out more difficult simply because the craft itself is so limited.

New Dailies

Phedre.3597

Thanks for adding more grind to a we dont make grindy games.
Well done well done.

And what happen to bringing people back to the events lol.
Are the devs even reading the forums/playing anymore or are they like Bioware on their personal servers now without DR?

Hear hear!!

New Dailies

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

I wouldn’t call new content grind… Re-evaluate your definition of grind. If you define grind as “anything new that requires us to take extra time out to play = grind” then yes it’s more grind. However, if that’s the case, then you guys don’t ever want new content. Lol.