New Dailies

New Dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Herd Of Midgets.8519

Herd Of Midgets.8519

What the hell. Are you people serious? Dodge, you can complete in five minutes. Craft in ten seconds. Underwater kills, oh noes! Combo kills, you mean you can’t spam #1 and watch stuff die anymore for the daily?

And for those who haven’t figured out dodging, you have to evade attacks. If you dodge too early or dodge when nothing would have hit you anyway it doesn’t count. I racked up my dodge daily just by dodging random mobs while going through an area.

Healer works on NPC’s as well, not just players. Really easy to do.

Come on people, try playing the kitten game for more than five minutes before complaining.

Yes! Thank you! Am glad someone else agree’s

New Dailies

Posted by: Croozer.2179

Croozer.2179

I’m we’d enjoying the new daily’s, I find the new variety to be a nice change and I haven’t found any of them to be too difficult.

New Dailies

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Shoes got wet walking by this thread, came in to see why….oh it’s from all the tears.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

New Dailies

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

And u just log in to get that reward ? Or u log in to play with ur friends and during that u get the daily done? Seriously, am i reading all of this QQ?

Many, many people log in just to get the daily done so they don’t fall behind that day. Sometimes I don’t have much time to play and I don’t log in to play with friends that day, I just log in to do the daily since it’s just a time limited reward and I can’t catch up on it later.

I log on one day and I play 16 hours. The next day I don’t log on. Another player logs on 2 days in a row for 2 hours each time. He gets double the progress I get towards an Ascended amulet. Why is this good?

Wtf are u serious? Ok you dont log in the game one day and you want to be able to get the same things the other guy has? Are you serious? Why not enjoying your pace and do things your own way? Why do you have to be like the others are? Why cant you play your game and let others play their game?

Ill only login Friday and im cool with that. My guildies are probably playing, so what ?I play my own pace. You lost 1 Laurel and some achs, big deal. How old are you? Why so many qq on a forum? Why so many qq on a game that you should be enjoying and have fun?

If you dont have fun why dont you play another game ?

Its really true, when you want to laugh come to gw2 forum and have a ride. omg dude, omg. Cmon anet, give a chest with a bunch of percursors to people who log in 5min so that they can be on “equal foot” with the others who worked for that! There isnt even equal foot on this game, because even if you got less 3 ou 4 L its just 3 or 4 days that you lost. And u didnt lost anything because i am sure if you didnt played that day it was because you were busy with your RL or playing another thing so that cant be called loosing anything.

With this said, I have 1 char that i currrently find it my main (Necro) and its not full exotic yet. My engi and elem are exotic since long ago with ascended rings. I dont plan on making anymore chars and ill play around this 3. And i will just enjoy my gameplay even if i dont have time for the game like i would like to. Its quite sad if one dude thinks that playing 1 day and not playing the next one should be in equal terms with one that plays everyday. Whatever dude, i know Friday i will have fun

New Dailies

Posted by: LetsOlympics.8075

LetsOlympics.8075

I think the new dailies are great.

Thanks, ANet!

New Dailies

Posted by: Silvery Shadow.5036

Silvery Shadow.5036

I really don’t understand most of the arguments…the point is not that the achievement are hard to get … point is why being forced to play the part of the game we don’t like….I’ve read here people not doing PvP or WvW or crafting …and some people don’t combat with dodging and combos most of the time….and that’s fine why would they be force to do so ?

I’ve seen, can’t find it back, someone suggesting that those achievement should have been Extra Dailys with laurel as bonus….That’s a great idea if I’ve seen one here !!! I totally concur

By the way, on an idle curiosity, why bother creating a new currency like the laurel when the Achievement Points are already there doing sweet nothing ? People who play the game with all the feature would be rewarded more no ?

New Dailies

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

This is ridiculous guys why are you so lazy Jesus moaning about stupid things. ‘OH NO I HAVE TO CRAFT 10 THINGS!’ crafting is easy all u have to do is craft 10 things it took me less than 1 minute no joke this is just dam right laziness. I don’t want to do it because the game is keeping me busy and i can’t be arsed to move a finger unless i get an exotic for it! by adding dailies. Exotics aren’t just going to roll into your bags while you lot just stand there moaning about crafting 10 things.

Oh no i have to do combo finishes, its so difficult – this worked fine i did this within 20 minutes all you have to do is fire through an AOE its easy as killing a level 1 Skritt!

Insulting people that are expressing concerns about aspects of the game is poor form, IMO. Also, your combo finisher argument is completely invalid, as ArenaNet removed it from the daily rotation because it was not, in fact, working for everyone.

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

I really don’t understand most of the arguments…the point is not that the achievement are hard to get … point is why being forced to play the part of the game we don’t like

It’s like the majority of people making this argument haven’t even read a thing being said. I shake my head every time I see a new person come in here and pitch a fit about how easy crafting is or how little is costs. Who are they arguing with exactly? No one, from what I can tell.

New Dailies

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

And u just log in to get that reward ? Or u log in to play with ur friends and during that u get the daily done? Seriously, am i reading all of this QQ?

Many, many people log in just to get the daily done so they don’t fall behind that day. Sometimes I don’t have much time to play and I don’t log in to play with friends that day, I just log in to do the daily since it’s just a time limited reward and I can’t catch up on it later.

I log on one day and I play 16 hours. The next day I don’t log on. Another player logs on 2 days in a row for 2 hours each time. He gets double the progress I get towards an Ascended amulet. Why is this good?

As Knox said, what is good is thinking the same way as the developers. If you are not playing their way you are doing it wrong apparently. That said, if I were a developer or, say, a dictator of a banana republic I would certainly want more people who thought my way. It would make my life a lot easier.

New Dailies

Posted by: Herd Of Midgets.8519

Herd Of Midgets.8519

This is ridiculous guys why are you so lazy Jesus moaning about stupid things. ‘OH NO I HAVE TO CRAFT 10 THINGS!’ crafting is easy all u have to do is craft 10 things it took me less than 1 minute no joke this is just dam right laziness. I don’t want to do it because the game is keeping me busy and i can’t be arsed to move a finger unless i get an exotic for it! by adding dailies. Exotics aren’t just going to roll into your bags while you lot just stand there moaning about crafting 10 things.

Oh no i have to do combo finishes, its so difficult – this worked fine i did this within 20 minutes all you have to do is fire through an AOE its easy as killing a level 1 Skritt!

Insulting people that are expressing concerns about aspects of the game is poor form, IMO. Also, your combo finisher argument is completely invalid, as ArenaNet removed it from the daily rotation because it was not, in fact, working for everyone.

I am not insulting anyone here i was simply saying that some people have brilliant comment’s here its just a lot of them are just moaning about moving a finger to do a little crafting, which really doesn’t take that long, and they isn’t much appreciation for what we have been given. I mean an elder dragon could be rising any time soon. Earlier in this topic a lot of them was complaining about the daily crafter daily this is referring to what i am saying, crafting really isn’t a problem.

(edited by Herd Of Midgets.8519)

New Dailies

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I didn’t think it was good or bad either way, it was a bit painful but i got it done, i think this game is far from casual and just another grind on top of a multitude of others..

I do not for the life of me see how this will bring back players to open world, less loot restrictions will bring back players not another daily grind.

New Dailies

Posted by: FallenTear.3710

FallenTear.3710

Play by your style n stop QQ.
I hate jumpz and I haven’t complete monthly but It’s okay, whatever.
If u guys hate do something in daily like craft, combo .v.v…. so let’s don’t do it; why u trying complete what you don’t want do it ?
Btw; I think newupdate for daily’s great n I love it

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

why are you so lazy Jesus moaning about stupid things. ‘OH NO I HAVE TO CRAFT 10 THINGS!’ crafting is easy all u have to do is craft 10 things it took me less than 1 minute no joke this is just dam right laziness.

I am not insulting anyone here i was simply saying that some people have brilliant comment’s here its just a lot of them are just moaning about moving a finger to do a little crafting, which really doesn’t take that long, and they isn’t much appreciation for what we have been given. I mean an elder dragon could be rising any time soon.

The first paragraph is laced with insults. As for the second paragraph, most concerns with crafting being in the daily rotation has nothing to do with moving our fingers.

New Dailies

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

Knox, you missed the point.

1) What is “fun” about “dodge 15 attacks”? Or “revive 10 allies”? I fail to see where the fun comes in.

2) I don’t want anything for free, and I am in fact asking for the opposite. Sometimes I can play 10 hours one day and sometimes I am lucky to sneak in an hour. I’d rather that when I played for 10 hours I was able to actually make progress towards things like Ascended Amulets. I’d also rather that progress be something challenging or that takes skill rather than “do these 5 mundane tasks today”.

I have fun actually playing the game. The problem is that dailies contradict my ideas of having fun and are the only way I can get a bunch of rewards, including Ascended Amulets.

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle

New Dailies

Posted by: Scortyl.8697

Scortyl.8697

ColinJohanson

Game Director

SonicTHI.3217:

I thought the daily would be selective (complete 3 objectives out of 5 or similar) to get the reward. What happened to that?

This system for picking from a list for dailies, along with rotating in new more specific achievements will be added in a later release to build on the system going forward. As discussed in the Gw2 in 2013 blog post this is really just the ground work for the systems coming down the road.

to ColinJohanson

Game Director

can we get an estimation date about when the choice of daily achievement will be deployed ?
thanks .

because some of the community like the new daily system , but some prefer the old system , as you can understand .

(edited by Scortyl.8697)

New Dailies

Svenn.5209

Someone on reddit had a great idea that would alleviate my issues… dailies should be weeklies instead. They function just like dailies but you can complete them up to 7 times within the week, at any time. I don’t have a problem with the monthly because I have enough time to complete it without feeling like I have to log in every single day. If I could log in one day and play for 10 hours and finish all the “dailies” for the week, that would be way better. It wouldn’t fix the issue that dailies are just not fun, but it would help.

New Dailies

Knox.3748

1) You get that on WvW or doing a dungeon. Or in Orr events. Period.

2) Dont blame the system if a guy who plays 2h a day can get the same as you if you play 10h.

New Dailies

Svenn.5209

1) You get that on WvW or doing a dungeon. Or in Orr events. Period.

2) Dont blame the system if a guy who plays 2h a day can get the same as you if you play 10h.

1) Then why do we need dailies? You’re getting your fun from somewhere else, NOT from the dailies.

2) Don’t blame the system? The system has artificial limitations imposed on me earning rewards and I’m supposed to not blame the system? lol

New Dailies

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I didn’t think changing the dailies in the first place was going to be a good idea. While they’re not as bad as I thought, anything that requires:

1. Having to group with other players
  2. Having to compete against other players
  3. Having to take up a profession

— is going to be inherently flawed.

If they’re going to continue to “mix it up” then they really need to make sure that:

• Doing dailies in no way depends on other players whatsoever. They should all be soloable.
  • Dailies don’t require you to do something impractical. (Having to train crafting to complete part of a daily achievement, regardless of ease, is completely impractical.)

(edited by Lane.3410)

New Dailies

Posted by: Hee Haw.7164

Hee Haw.7164

I really don’t understand most of the arguments…the point is not that the achievement are hard to get … point is why being forced to play the part of the game we don’t like

It’s like the majority of people making this argument haven’t even read a thing being said. I shake my head every time I see a new person come in here and pitch a fit about how easy crafting is or how little is costs. Who are they arguing with exactly? No one, from what I can tell.

There are a lot of posts here, so it may be hard to glean one main argument. But from what I can tell, it’s: “I don’t like being asked to do something outside of my normal gameplay preferences to obtain a daily reward.”

The thing is, the dailies have always been set up like this. I’m sure, for example, there are a number of players who just don’t want to gather nodes as they play. Or a number of players who want to farm Pent/Shelter all day, and not go hunting down species of enemy that aren’t risen. Likewise, there are surely players who would like a dungeon armor set, but may not want to run dungeons.

The game is set up to ask us to do things for particular rewards. That’s just the way it works. And when the buffet style dailies come into play, you can be sure that there will be some days that you may still have to do something you wouldn’t otherwise do.

Short of Anet giving us daily “I love you so much – have a great big hug” rewards, it’s best to just accept that sometimes we may have to step outside our comfort zones for particular rewards. A lot of us don’t see a problem with that, and are trying to offer relatively painless solutions for those that do.

New Dailies

Knox.3748

Limitations? U play one day, u get the reward. Cant careless if you play 3/6/9 or 12h. If you play 12 in 1 day on a week you cant get as much as one guyes who plays 2h everyday.

New Dailies

Posted by: Corvi.3278

Corvi.3278

Guys was the crafting dailies removed? If not how or where can I see the progress indicator?

New Dailies

Svenn.5209

Limitations? U play one day, u get the reward. Cant careless if you play 3/6/9 or 12h. If you play 12 in 1 day on a week you cant get as much as one guyes who plays 2h everyday.

Again, what is good about this? I play 5 days for 10 hours each in a week, someone else plays 7 days for 2 hours a day each that week. The person with 2 hours a day is more rewarded than me? Why? It’s a stupid artificial time limitation. I shouldn’t have to go “Well, I played my 2 hours today, now I can’t progress on that anymore because the game simply won’t let me. Why? No real reason, I’m just not allowed to make progress more than once a day.” This is the same thing that facebook games do. It’s NOT good game design.

New Dailies

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

I think the new variery is ok, especially considering that in the near future we will be able to complete only a portion of the whole task in order to get the achievement.

On a side note, I would like to encourage A.Net to follow the path started with “combo killer”, adding other ways to make people go social and stop, or try to limit, the poor souls that still play a MMORPG like a solo game.

New Dailies

Posted by: Elfzhen.9216

Elfzhen.9216

I’m sure no one cares about this thread anymore but I would just like to add that you can solo the “10 combo kills”. I did it in Orr at an event where there are lots of NPC fighters on your side and they will create combos with your fields.

Took me a grand total of 5 minutes MAYBE, even in it’s supposed “bugged” state.

New Dailies

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

According to Arenanet’s own philosophy, the point of the original daily achievements was to have a mechanic that awarded players even if they didn’t have much time to play on a particular day. Quick, achievable, rewardable goals that could be completed just through normal play.

That was, by the way, why the daily achievement goals were broken down into tiers. You would get rewarded for (example) participating in 5 events, but you would also get rewarded for participating in just 1 event, or 3 events. However, now tiers have been removed, and the whole philosophy of dailies seems to have shifted to this fairly time consuming undertaking players need to commit to in order to obtain any rewards at all.

My typical evening in GW2 is spent doing open world PvE activities. Prior to the patch, at the end of each play session I had (without trying) completed or nearly completed the daily achievement simply by playing normally. Kill different monsters? Check. Kill lots of monsters? Check. Participate in some events? Check. Gather resources? Check. This is all stuff I’m doing whether there’s an achievement involved or not – and that was supposed to be the point.

Instead, last night, I spent most of my time “playing” actively working on completing the daily. Revive 10 allies? Sorry, outside of a dungeon I rarely come across more than 2-3 allies (player or NPC) who need reviving. Maybe the players on my server are just better at staying alive or keeping NPCs alive. Usually if I see an NPC in trouble, I jump in to save them from dying. Now I find that I stand there waiting for them to die so I can get one of these 10 revivals done. Was that your intention? (And, by the way, this achievement seems to be bugged as many times I completed a revival by myself and didn’t receive credit for it.)

25 aquatic kills? You’re assuming I had any plans on going into the water. Remember, daily achievements are supposed to be something the player can complete just by playing normally. I don’t normally go hunting underwater unless there is a specific non-achievement purpose. I doubt most players differ.

10 items crafted? Seriously? So now I have to travel to a city/crafting area to complete my daily? And even though refining counts, does it not occur to you that I prefer to sell resources I gather on the trading post unrefined because they’re more in demand than their refined counterparts?

And “daily dodger”. You know, it sounds like something that will just happen naturally, but outside of dungeons or champion attacks.. I just rarely dodge. There is simply no need.. my character isn’t a glass cannon and he can take a few hits from normal mobs just fine. And so, I ended up attacking a deer and then sheathed my weapon while I allowed it to hit me for a few minutes so I could throw out a dodge whenever I had enough energy. I also scolded another player who ran up and “rescued me” from the deer halfway through this process, forcing me to run off and aggro another deer. Ridiculous on multiple levels.

Finally, you seem to have developed this really frustrating habit where you come up with an idea that sounds like it will work well once all the pieces are in place, but then you deliver the pieces in stages, usually presenting the really annoying parts first and then holding back the mechanics that will make said parts less annoying for later. Such is the case with your plan to allow players to pick which daily tasks to participate in. I think introducing your changes in daily achievements before that functionality was ready was a mistake. Give players the whole idea (as it was presented) at the same time, not in pieces that are just going to leave them frustrated.

All I know is that the daily achievements went from something I used to complete without really even trying (and as bad as that may sound, that was by design and the whole point of the dailies), to feeling like I have to waste the majority of my evening online if I want to complete one. That’s not an improvement, and it flies in the face of the original philosophy.

Please fix this.

Oh, and one final thing: can we please get an option to not display the daily/monthly tracker on my screen? I don’t want the extra clutter. I have no intention of completing the monthly and don’t need it sitting on my screen all month. And I had no problems hitting “H” and quickly glancing at my daily achievement tab in the past. It was certainly much more elegant than the new UI element that collapses (GAH) every single time I come in range of an event or heart task.

(edited by Edge.4180)

New Dailies

Knox.3748

Again, what is good about this? I play 5 days for 10 hours each in a week, someone else plays 7 days for 2 hours a day each that week. The person with 2 hours a day is more rewarded than me? Why? It’s a stupid artificial time limitation. I shouldn’t have to go “Well, I played my 2 hours today, now I can’t progress on that anymore because the game simply won’t let me. Why? No real reason, I’m just not allowed to make progress more than once a day.” This is the same thing that facebook games do. It’s NOT good game design.

I got your point and to me that would be ok as well because from Mondat to Friday i can only spend 2/3h on the game and sometimes i dont. But the truth is that there isnt a game where this happens. You dont play, you get behind. I just focus on having fun while i play atm.

New Dailies

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

While I agree that nobody should be forced to play in a way they do not wish to, it seems to me that many people do not use certain mechanics or aspects of the game because they may not want to take the time to learn them.
Adding things such as a Dodging Daily and Combo Killer(Sounds like they removed this one)Dailies they are instilling ways to get people to practice these functions.
People complain about not being able to solo some things and believing they need to be fixed when maybe they just aren’t utilizing all the available skills needed to combat the mobs. These dailies introduce learning that can be used by those not currently using all available ways to combat the obstacles. Yes, those who already use the skills will just have to ride along if they want to complete their dailies, which aren’t purely detrimental to playing the game but just a bonus aspect.
Reviving Allies Daily…. NPCs work too. It promotes helping a fallen comrade before moving on.
Crafting Daily- Seems i have seen players confirming that all you have to do is farm up some natural resources, Ore, Wood and refining them to finish the daily. Only costs your mining tool.

There really doesn’t seem to be much to complain about. Most of the complaining seems to be the mob following suit instead of thinking through the issues and finding practical solutions.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

New Dailies

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I like the variety of the dailies. And some days I don’t play, or some days I don’t get the daily done before reset. Whatever. This is a game, I don’t let it run my life.

I didn’t have to do the combo killer, which sounds frustratingly bugged. But other than that, I like the new dailies. The Dodger got me motivated to learn the tells of low-level mobs I had just been tanking. Healer was easy, I just went to where a bunch of NPCs die a lot (Metrica Province reactor – dead NPCs all over). Events and gathering are about the same as before. I’m looking forward to finding out what we’ll be doing tomorrow.

EDIT: Totally seconding Daemonne. The dailies and monthlies are to pull people into various parts of the game and make players aware. You know how some people have been whining the combat is too easy? The combo killer achievement was probably intended to help people understand the deeper combat mechanics. And you know how people whine the dungeons are too hard? Same achievement, probably also intended to teach new players / casual players about combos and how to get a lot more out of group combat. Same thing with dodging, got to help people learn mob tells and how to time dodges better. Same thing with crafting – you wouldn’t believe the people I’ve had to walk through the crafting interface. Now they’re motivated, but if they really don’t want to it’s not that big a deal because something they’re good at will come along tomorrow.

(edited by Gilosean.3805)

New Dailies

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Finally, you seem to have developed this really frustrating habit where you come up with an idea that sounds like it will work well once all the pieces are in place, but then you deliver the pieces in stages, usually presenting the really annoying parts first and then holding back the mechanics that will make said parts less annoying for later. Such is the case with your plan to allow players to pick which daily tasks to participate in. I think introducing your changes in daily achievements before that functionality was ready was a mistake. Give players the whole idea (as it was presented) at the same time, not in pieces that are just going to leave them frustrated.

They’re gonna add the new system as you have said yourself. With some luck we’ll get it in febr/march.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

There are a lot of posts here, so it may be hard to glean one main argument. But from what I can tell, it’s: “I don’t like being asked to do something outside of my normal gameplay preferences to obtain a daily reward.”

Although it doesn’t affect me personally, I can understand the disappointment of folks that don’t like crafting, have never done it, and have been happy playing the game without it now finding themselves in the position of taking up a craft if they want to complete each day’s daily. Crafting is often one of those things that you either love it or hate it, so this is an understandable situation regardless of one’s one opinion on crafting.

What I take issue with are the people that come into the thread and accuse everyone that is experiencing this disappointment as being stupid and lazy. Such a position is neither logical nor helpful.

New Dailies

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

You’re seeing this in too absolute terms. Someone who plays 7 days for 2 hrs per day isnt more reward then you who plays 5 days for 10 hours each. You will get way more karma / gold or whatever you choose to do.

You need to keep in mind that Gw2 like any game has lots of different activities that all have their own specific rewards. I can argue that spending a month logging each day for 10 hrs playing WvW will have me less rewarded then someone who logs in one single day that month and plays for just 1 hr if that person plays just a single dungeon and if all i focus on in terms of rewards was dungeon tokens because his 1hr dungeon session gave him some my 300 hr WvW session didnt give me a single one. That is obviously wrong. In absolute terms I was definitely rewarded way way more then he was.

Dailies like the name itself implies are geared towards rewarding people for logging in and playing the game each and every day. So someone who logs in 7 days does in fact do more in terms of what dailies require than someone who logs in 5 days. The length of time you play is irrevant in this context.

New Dailies

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

This is just part one, As was said repeatedly on the forums.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

New Dailies

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

The system described by the Op didn’t exist as of 7:00 PM PST last night. It took me the same amount of time to do my dailies yesterday that it always has, about 1 – 1.5 hours.

New Dailies

Posted by: MHE Tiger.4875

MHE Tiger.4875

The new dailies give you something different to do everyday. Please don’t join the “omg I have to go craft something…” bandwagon because it really isn’t that big of a deal. If you really think that selling 20 copper ore is gonna bring you a whole lot more cash than 10 copper ingots (which will count towards your daily), then you are mistaken my friend. In all honesty, the dailies make you play the game now. They make you see different aspects of the game as opposed to doing the same meaningless task of gathering every single day and killing the same things every single day. You now have reasons to go back to crafting. I hit 400 in 4 different crafting disciplines and have literally ZERO reason to go back to it…now I do. Sure its to craft 10 pieces of worthless material, but hey, they got me to click “Use leatherworking station” once again.

New Dailies

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

The entire game seems to be going in a more “normal” direction. First we get gear that’s harder to get, now we get gimmicky achievements that are more like minigames or challenges. I suppose it’s nice we don’t have to carry garden gnomes around… yet.

New Dailies

Posted by: ChaK.3254

ChaK.3254

Just dropped by to say I like it. Thanks ANet.

New Dailies

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Although it doesn’t affect me personally, I can understand the disappointment of folks that don’t like crafting, have never done it, and have been happy playing the game without it now finding themselves in the position of taking up a craft if they want to complete each day’s daily. Crafting is often one of those things that you either love it or hate it, so this is an understandable situation regardless of one’s one opinion on crafting.

What I take issue with are the people that come into the thread and accuse everyone that is experiencing this disappointment as being stupid and lazy. Such a position is neither logical nor helpful.

Thats the point of dailies and monthlies though, to drive players to try new things. Keep in mind the effort being asked of players here its miniscule. Crafting 10 items involves very little effort. Even if you just started playing the game on that day you can get it done very easily. You just buy a pick / axe / sickle go harvest a few nodes and you can craft your 10 items starting from absolute scratch.

If one feel so strongly about not doing any crafting for some reason they can also skip the daily for that day, its not such a big deal. The game is very forgiving, there is nothing one might need to get that quickly that missing out a daily now and then will penalize at all.

New Dailies

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

This is just part one, As was said repeatedly on the forums.

To be fair, it was also said in my own post (I guess you didn’t read that before commenting). And I expressed my opinion on delivering changes like these “in parts”.

The system described by the Op didn’t exist as of 7:00 PM PST last night. It took me the same amount of time to do my dailies yesterday that it always has, about 1 – 1.5 hours.

No offense, but the fact that it used to take you up to an hour and a half to complete the old daily achievements is more than a little shocking.

If you really think that selling 20 copper ore is gonna bring you a whole lot more cash than 10 copper ingots (which will count towards your daily), then you are mistaken my friend.

The mistake here is in assuming I run to a low level area to crank out my daily achievement (something you apparently do). I don’t. I complete it in whatever area my character is naturally progressing through on any given evening. And so, no, I’m not referring to copper ore.

In all honesty, the dailies make you play the game now.

Play the game your way, maybe. But not mine. And that’s the problem. This new system just expanded on the previous list, so it’s not like you can claim the old daily achievement system prevented you from “playing the game” your way. You’re still going to have to complete the same tasks you did prior to the patch.

(edited by Edge.4180)

New Dailies

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

People really will complain about anything….

Dailies are fine as is. Who cares if you miss one or two Laurels… play some fractals as you work on your daily, you can get the kill variety, a chance to get some revives in, and a chance for some ascended gear.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

New Dailies

Posted by: Akiko.2364

Akiko.2364

I think it would be impossible to find 5 things in this game that everyone finds “fun” to do for this….

heck even if they made it get the daily for just logging in you would get someone complaining “but it’s no fun to log in every day!!!”

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

Crafting 10 items involves very little effort. Even if you just started playing the game on that day you can get it done very easily. You just buy a pick / axe / sickle go harvest a few nodes and you can craft your 10 items starting from absolute scratch.

Again, this is missing the entire point. Non-crafters are not concerned with the daily’s difficulty. Everyone already knows “crafting 10 ingots” is easy.

Can a non-crafter skip that daily altogether? Sure, but until the choice factor is implemented, they’ll miss days of getting laurels for the duration of that time. Gathering resource nodes, such as in the previous daily set, was a terrific middle-of-the-road option for both crafters and non-crafters alike.

New Dailies

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

The crafting one is a joke. Make 10 wood planks or copper ingots. Done.

The ressurection one? Joke. Find a heart quest that has downed NPCs as part of it and pick them up.

Underwater? Yeah, I hate it too…but only took me a couple moments to get those kills.

Dodger? I went to queensdale and aggroed a moa. When it did it’s little breath attack or whatever it was, I rolled backwards and forwards to get 4 dodges. Then I killed it and repeated on two more.

These are all /really/ easy.

New Dailies

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Crafting 10 items involves very little effort. Even if you just started playing the game on that day you can get it done very easily. You just buy a pick / axe / sickle go harvest a few nodes and you can craft your 10 items starting from absolute scratch.

Again, this is missing the entire point. Non-crafters are not concerned with the daily’s difficulty. Everyone already knows “crafting 10 ingots” is easy.

Can a non-crafter skip that daily altogether? Sure, but until the choice factor is implemented, they’ll miss days of getting laurels for the duration of that time. Gathering resource nodes, such as in the previous daily set, was a terrific middle-of-the-road option for both crafters and non-crafters alike.

What’s the point in not crafting? Seriously, I’m curious, why would anyone choose not to craft?

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

New Dailies

Posted by: Akiko.2364

Akiko.2364

but i’m sure what you find fun In this game, many others don’t… you feel the game designers should only produce content that you … one single person playing would find fun and nothing else? This is not your personal game, it’s a MMO.

New Dailies

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

10 pages…that’s just…unbelievable.

I don’t mind the dailies. I did them before…I’ll continue to do so.

I’m not sure I understand the Combo Killing one. Couldn’t figure this one out. Sometimes it counted but mostly it didn’t. Then the dailies changed, so we didn’t get a chance to work on that one long. I don’t particularly care for this one because sometimes I play alone. As long as it can be accomplished without being in an actual party it should be alright as events usually have multiple participation.

Crafting – I planned on crafting eventually, so will have to start that sooner rather than later. So not really a big deal.

The rest that they’ve had thus far are just fine. Underwater is not my favorite pasttime, but I complete hearts that deal with underwater, so definitely doable.

Dodge was interesting, as I had to choose the enemy that had the easiest “tells”.

I’ve always enjoyed the Events, so glad that one is still included.

Reviving allies is one of my favorite things to do, just wish it wouldn’t take so long.

So overall, I’m a happy camper when it comes to dailies.

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

What’s the point in not crafting? Seriously, I’m curious, why would anyone choose not to craft?

A lot of players dislike crafting for various reasons. They find it boring, it’s a money sink they don’t want to get into, etc. This is actually a very common area of gaming that is skipped by players.

New Dailies

Svenn.5209

I think it would be impossible to find 5 things in this game that everyone finds “fun” to do for this….

heck even if they made it get the daily for just logging in you would get someone complaining “but it’s no fun to log in every day!!!”

Actually, the forced login every day is exactly my problem. It’s not that I want to be rewarded without playing or something, quite the opposite. I want to be rewarded for my play time, not punished for when I’m not playing.

I can play 10-16 hours some days. Other days I have other things to do. I am punished, however, for playing in large chunks rather than spreading it out. On the days I can play 16 hours I receive the same amount of laurels as someone who plays 1-2 hours. It’s a cheap artificial limitation and has nothing to do with how well I play or even how much I play… just WHEN I play.

Allow me to repeat the dailies so I can be rewarded for my playtime past the first hour or two and I have no problem with it.

New Dailies

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I know that when I started paying attention to dailys I altered my play style to achieve them easier. I suspect that we will quickly figure out the easiest / cheapest way to finish the new requirements in short order.

And yes refined crafting material sells for less than the component parts, but not always. Currently 2 iron ore sell for 16 copper. An iron ingot sells for 24 copper.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

New Dailies

Celtic Lady.3729

You feel the game designers should only produce content that you … one single person playing would find fun and nothing else? This is not your personal game, it’s a MMO.

It’s simply ridiculous to make blatantly untrue and inflammatory statements. I have never once stated that I want the GW2 devs to build their content solely around my personal preferences. I have never said GW2 is my personal playground. Please be specific and give me the quote where I said this.