October 15th balance/skills updates preview.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Isn’t there a ranger signet cooldown reduction in the first traitline?… 20% or something?

trait IV?

There is, but it only reduces the cooldown. Nothing more. Most classes signet cooldown reduction trait also gives an additional effect. Rangers don’t get that directly. We need to pick up an additional Grandmaster trait to get a secondary effect on our signets.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: raahk.2786

raahk.2786

So what do you think the new pistol skill will be? I’m guessing it’s gonna be an immobilize, or something tacked on to body shot, since body shot is pretty useless with that short-lasting vuln on what’s normally used as a condition applier, since P/P is essentially suicide due to the traits needed to make it so you can spam unload, and poorly, I might add.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Could you also add a 1/4 second delay to Necromancer Death Shroud (like you’ve done with other skills in the past) to prevent double tapping in laggy (WvW) or intense situations? This would prevent Death Shroud from being wasted because the button was hit twice. Thanks.

Yes to this please

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Of all the classes in this game, thief would be the #1 choice to go full zerker if you decide to play a zerker class… just don’t be stupid enough to zerg in groups, duh

Thats not true. The #1 classes for Fullzerker are Mesmer and Warrior.
Thiefs play zerker, because nothing else is effective. They cant Tank, cant good heal or support other people, conditions have a low effective, and deff scale generally to bad, so that this would make no different, if we use points for that.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

My thief fully heals while stealthed…

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: SpaceCowboy.1398

SpaceCowboy.1398

Hi group, my name is Cowboy and I am a P/P Thief.

I’m happy to hear the devs are looking into Thief P/P. From the posts on these forums it seems a good number of people like a ranged playstyle with their Thieves.

There’s a couple issues with P/P and ranged combat with Thieves that I think are very important.

Vital Shot – Pistol #1
The skill is suppose to take 0.5s, but with after cast it is over 0.75s. Others on the forums have done more accurate testing than me. This needs to be fixed cause a Thief Pistol fires as fast or slower than a Warrior’s Rifle. It makes players rely on Unload as their main damage skill, rather than a source of quick burst.

Body Shot – Pistol #2
I hope this is the mainhand pistol skill you are looking into regarding support options. Nobody likes the Vulnerability. What many Thieves want to see is Body Shot become a Blast finisher. Alternatively, it could add an evasive leap backwards and be a Leap finisher similar to Heartseeker. This would give P/P more defensive options and mobility.

Range
Both WvW and PvE have many circumstances where having a 1200 range weapon matters. I would really like to see a trait added that gives either Shortbow or Pistol 1200 range. We are the only profession without a 1200 range weapon, which seems quite an error for a game that was trying to be flexible and do away with the existing paradigm.

Thanks and I look forward to the updates!
-Cowboy

Darmon, Asura Thief | Darmx, Asura Engineer
[EU] Gandara

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Here’s a suggestion………………….

What about putting the updates for each profession in the relevant professions forum.

And the general updates in the general forum.

Reading through this lot is a minefield.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

I’m happy to hear the devs are looking into Thief P/P. From the posts on these forums it seems a good number of people like a ranged playstyle with their Thieves.

There’s a couple issues with P/P and ranged combat with Thieves that I think are very important.

Vital Shot – Pistol #1
The skill is suppose to take 0.5s, but with after cast it is over 0.75s. Others on the forums have done more accurate testing than me. This needs to be fixed cause a Thief Pistol fires as fast or slower than a Warrior’s Rifle. It makes players rely on Unload as their main damage skill, rather than a source of quick burst.

Body Shot – Pistol #2
I hope this is the mainhand pistol skill you are looking into regarding support options. Nobody likes the Vulnerability. What many Thieves want to see is Body Shot become a Blast finisher. Alternatively, it could add an evasive leap backwards and be a Leap finisher similar to Heartseeker. This would give P/P more defensive options and mobility.

Range
Both WvW and PvE have many circumstances where having a 1200 range weapon matters. I would really like to see a trait added that gives either Shortbow or Pistol 1200 range. We are the only profession without a 1200 range weapon, which seems quite an error for a game that was trying to be flexible and do away with the existing paradigm.

-Cowboy

What this guy said, maybe increasing the speed of vital shot and giving it vulnerability stacks instead of bleed stacks… Make body shot be a leap backward evasion or do more damage at close range or something to that effect… I suppose an immobilize effect would also work.

also

still going at it?

Posted by: raahk.2786

raahk.2786

Vital Shot – Pistol #1

Body Shot – Pistol #2

Range

-Cowboy

What this guy said, maybe increasing the speed of vital shot and giving it vulnerability stacks instead of bleed stacks… Make body shot be a leap backward evasion or do more damage at close range or something to that effect… I suppose an immobilize effect would also work.

also

still going at it?

Nah, I don’t think an immobilize would do much of anything since they’ll probably only make it last one second or something dumb for a higher initiative cost. Hopefully they don’t do that, I’d rather see a backwards leap or an evade or something that makes pistol/pistol viable and not a death sentence.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Thought of another simpler idea for Elementalist, another quicker band aid fix idea.

Instead of reducing Attunement cooldowns so there’s less reliance on Arcana trait line, just boost the auto attack (passive) dmg for each attunement so that there isn’t any attunement that does terrible dmg.

For example :

Staff

Fire : Auto does ok dmg, and has other dmg abilities on top of that obviously.

Water : Almost no dmg at all, Ice Spike is a decent hit but on a 4 second cooldown, the actual DPS for it is pretty bad however. I understand why of course, it’s support heavy that’s fine, if Air/Earth could carry it in dmg it would be ok too.

Air : Dmg is pretty weak especially for being one of the 2 dmg elements.

Earth : Dmg is also fairly weak, although can put out decent power/condition dmg if you can land Eruptions.

Sceptre

Fire : Auto is pretty weak, and is basically only for maintaining burning but it has really good and satisfying burst attacks.

Water : Auto is weak and so is the spammable #2.

Air : Auto is decent, and #2 is good.

Earth : Auto is really nice for condition dmg, and #2 for some power dmg burst.

Dagger

Fire : Good dmg on single target.

Water : Ok ish dmg, #2 is ok but it’s a hybrid skill anyway.

Air : VERY good dmg and aoe, #2 is weak.

Earth : Very poor dmg even condition wise, #2 is decent though.

IMO I think the average auto attack dps of each attunement should be closer to each other, reason being, when you swap out of an attunement that actually does dmg and into one that doesn’t, you basically lock yourself out of from any reasonable amount of dmg for 10-16 seconds.

Staff is the best example of this, if you lock yourself out of Fire (and you will if you ever want to swap) you lose a TON of dmg, because Air is weak, Earth is only ok if you can land Eruptions (usually in PvE) and conditions aren’t capped, and Water is terrible. Thus if the passive dps of each attunement were close to each other this wouldn’t be as bad.

Also, I’m not saying each attunement in full should be similar DPS, of course not, Fire and then Air should still be by far better, but for “auto” or “passive” dps they should be closer so you don’t suddenly lose all your dmg pressure by swapping, or even make it so you’re ENCOURAGED to swap to do dmg, instead of just /yawn sitting in Fire.

Staff changes could have a small boost to Earth Auto dmg, Air could have a large dmg boost to it’s auto and #2, and Water could have a good DPS boost to Ice Spike (give it an extra dmg field when it drops to do some extra dmg, while the auto stays mainly a healing ability).

Ideally I think the passive dps for each attunement should be something like :

Fire – 100%

Water – 85%

Air – 95%

Earth – 90%

Then of course extra attacks within attunements like Fire would put it far ahead of the others like Lava Font or Dragon’s Tooth etc.

Also I’m starting to get afraid that you’re pushing Staff to be purposefully low dmg so you have to pair it with gimmicky Conjured Weapons to deal dmg, I really hope that isn’t the case, I would play an Engineer which has the implementation far better executed if it were.

(edited by Knote.2904)

Posted by: Vangy.7403

Vangy.7403

maybe give at last necro pets controls UI. so we can order them to attack/follow/passive/defensive so MM can have some viability and build some strategy on their gameplay.

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

i play wvw, i will talk about wvw.
what rangers need: more team support but without pet or let us use pet skills when our minion died.
we need more cc and/or blast finishers we have the less and slowest blast finishers and techicaly only single target stun or cb. vines die within a sec. and guardian hammer 5 is strongar as our rooting elite.
we need main hand weapons! i mean usefull mains. sword is rooted death, axe need to be melee. auto attack always hit the floor and if u turn the camera cant see what sorrounds you.
traps need to be kit. engi bombs, granades, mines much much stronger.
split wvw pets from the other modes. they cant siege, defend or deal any damage in big fights. they cant run and hit multiple targets. we dont need them. give the pets power to us.
we need trait merge, change, move. we need spend 50 points to master a single weapon. merge signet traits. merge bow skills. merge trap skills.
give us shot backward trait
etc

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

There is, but it only reduces the cooldown. Nothing more. Most classes signet cooldown reduction trait also gives an additional effect. Rangers don’t get that directly. We need to pick up an additional Grandmaster trait to get a secondary effect on our signets.

Nope
Thief and necro are the only one who gets more than flat CD reduction on their signet CD reduction trait.
Ranger is in the norm.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Nope

Thief and necro are the only one who gets more than flat CD reduction on their signet CD reduction trait.
Ranger is in the norm.

Still would be nice for it to all be equal. For each of the classes to have one extra effect on their recharge reducing trait.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: Gintoki.9458

Gintoki.9458

Things i think it will improve pve gameplay:

- Make other builds viable besides zerker ones
- Change Aggro mechanics (at least in dungeons)
- Improve Healing power
- Don’t rely on 1 hit kills to make mobs/champs harder

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Give thieves a disarm skill
“Prevent your opponent to use weapons for x seconds”

You buff (lol) venom sharing that requires 30points in the stealth line and you nerf stealth.

Nice.

At least move venomous aura to another tier (maybe deadly arts – or trickery) so we can make a decent (?) build based on venoms.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Thanks so much, not only for the great improvements coming, but also for the transparency and the opportunity for feedback! It’s truly appreciated.

One comment on targetting improvements…
Could we please have proximity taken into account with auto-targeting? At least for melee weapons? I can’t tell you how consistently frustrating it is to have a mob right in my face, and have my auto-target land on a mob 30 feet away that isn’t even attacking (and often isn’t even a red name) simply because I was facing 2 degrees out from the mob I’m fighting.

I can’t think of a single reason why a melee weapon should auto-target a mob that’s out of melee range when there are targets in melee range. There should be some prioritization. I’d actually like it on ranged as well… I just generally find targeting more intuitive when it prioritizes based on proximity. The one that’s close and beating on me should auto-target first, then let me cycle to farther targets if I wish.

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

Give thieves a disarm skill
“Prevent your opponent to use weapons for x seconds”

You buff (lol) venom sharing that requires 30points in the stealth line and you nerf stealth.

Nice.

At least move venomous aura to another tier (maybe deadly arts – or trickery) so we can make a decent (?) build based on venoms.

I believe you’re thinking of a daze, also holy kitten at implying that venoms will ever be part of a “decent build”

Posted by: fnordette.4139

fnordette.4139

Engineer
We did some reworks on the Elixir toolbelt (f-bar) skills. These just didn’t have enough cool play to them, and we wanted to improve them. Like:

• Elixir S toolbelt is now guaranteed stealth.
  • Elixir B toolbelt now guarantees Stability along with the random current effect. Base recharge increased to 30 seconds.

We also did QoL (quality of life) improvements to skills that saw little play.

And finally, Engineer turrets will attack the Engineer’s target. They still take time to rotate to face the target, and they still have their respective cooldowns when firing. But this means the Engineer can focus damage on a single target by using their turrets.

If this happens, it will be the happiest day of my GW2 Life.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Tab Targeting Improvements

• Now prioritizes Champs/Legendary, then players/clones, then everything else
  • Deselecting your target now resets tab selection history (aka, you’ll start tabbing through from the beginning if you deselect)
  • Can now tab target if your character can see the target (Was dependent on camera before)

Better fast cast ground targeting:
We split this into 3 different options; so that players can more easily cater how ground targeting works for them.

1. Double tap to cast
  2. Press the button to cast
  3. Release the button to cast
    SO GET YO CAST ON!

Love these changes.

Now that the last obstacles for a proper controller support have been solved, howaboutit?

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Edeor.9720

Edeor.9720

Thiefs play zerker, because nothing else is effective.

False, theifs play zerker because is an easy mode build. You can also use other builds, but you need skill, and the majority of thiefs just ignores the concept of skill.

Kareha Silverwind – mesmer of Clan McBenwick (Gunnar’s Hold)

Posted by: alucard.2019

alucard.2019

i just want to know why always nerf thief or make somethig for the thief make traps , nerf damge, nerf abilitys and now other counter thief, and sure problably the thief is so op that the only do we do is Stealth.

what about warriors big damge big hp incredible super mobility cc
what about necros big condition damage big health cc
what about elementalist big damge maximun bunker cc
what about mesmer that do everithig

why not scale things

example inmobilize 15 seg other player 7s other plar 3s other inmune

why not make somthing better with rangers or guardian

thats what the game need balance not op proffessions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

This thread has essentially become a forum for suggestions on how to nerf thieves into the ground.

+1

+1 that’s not what’s needed I agree. Thieves are tricksters but they are nowhere near invulnerable.

+1

Too bad all the balance team cares about is buffing the warrior further, since it’s their pet class.
I’d love to have some bug fixes that have existed since launch on some of my thief’s skills, at least, or maybe not be forced to go into D/D every time since condition damage with a thief is completely pointless and S/D is getting nerfed, yet again, while warrior has free reign to have the highest health regen on a passive signet while still doing more damage than any other class.

me too actually like how PVE mobs still can see me when casting a spell at me even after I’ve gone into stealth a few seconds before they got the spell off.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

tigirius.9014

Don’t even try to deny that a thief is the easiest class to play… even skull crack/100swags warrior is harder and that is telling a lot. im also rank 32 in spvp so i’ve played enough of this crappy pvp as well. I also noticed something, ppl that play only thief will rarely agree that the class is broken but another player that is skilled and plays a thief (as his main) but also plays other classes and is good with them will most certainly agree that thief is unbalanced in its current state. If it was me i’d remove all stealth and stealth related traits from that game and rework thief completely (of course this will never happen). the game is supposed to be skill vs skill and not skill vs nothing cuz the thief just refuged and heartseeker across the map.

I too believe that thief needs a re-work, I don’t know if removing stealth is the way to go about it. But your complaints are about our class design, not thieves in general, you’re not asking for nerfs, you’re asking for fundamental changes to our class (which 9/10 thieves would agree with) if you’re telling me that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agpikmObUxs that requires no skill, even to get that amount of positioning, in and out of combat and to take advantage of the classes mobility (those are the skills that we develop, and those ARE skills, because its how our class was designed to play). Then I can’t say much beyond “you are off your rocker.”

I’m guessing these people are “off their rockers” then, since they’ll all just continue to downplay the entirety of the thief class by saying it’s just “stealth and button mashing”.
I guess that makes mesmer “Clones and button mashing”
Or ranger “spirits and button mashing”
Or necromancer “wells and button mashing”
Or warrior “signets and button mashing”
Oh wait, that last one is true, sorry.

True true, they have enough delays between stealth skills to give anyone enough time to kill a thief imo. It’s not just button mashing but in every game they do have a rotation.

Wanna talk about button mashing, let’s talk about every ranged weapon in the game right now, despite the class! Now that’s button mashing!

tigirius.9014

I hold that elementalists and thieves are equally weak while levelling until they receive their traits as well.

Wow… no, just no.

Don’t you even go there, you obviously aren’t playing correctly.

Thief is probably by far the most efficient and easiest class to solo/level with and Elementalist is probably the hardest.

Thief is fine if you only ever aggro one at a time. Maybe two. More than that, especially at low level, and you’re kittened. As you level, though, and gain traits then it gets better. But at low level thief is just too squish.

Nah, wrongo. Thief is pretty easy to level using Sword/Pistol, I’d have to say the easiest is again, the pve king, warrior, while mesmer is definitely the hardest, or at least the most tedious. Most mesmer players say that their class doesn’t become fun until about level forty or so.

No. They really don’t. As a mesmer you practically require the traits to be useful and fun. And the useful utilities as well. Before that is a drag.

No, you obviously don’t know how to play your thief then.

It’s by far the easiest and most forgiving class to level. I can literally take on 20 mobs.

literally?

Yeah as a PVE thief I think that was funny as well considering he’d have to use an elite to do so especially at higher levels and would have to make himself invuln somehow. Ridiculous claims are ridiculous. smh I’ve taken on a maximum of 9 and barely survived because these enemies don’t play around you’re still being attacked while this is going on and I’m a healy stealth build to improve my chances.

tigirius.9014

Pet scaling would be an awesome request for them to look at. In other titles that have heavy pet classes the pets had skills they would use without them being manually pressed, they also took the stats from the master which was awesome in survival issues, and had immunity to AOE damage to a high percentage so they couldn’t be instakilled by a single AOE spell which made them useless in every game.

I think they need to take that more seriously in their balancing act definitely something to look into!

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Glyph of Elemental Power.

Glyph of Renewal.

Focus..

Focus..

Focus..

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: alucard.2019

alucard.2019

yes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agpikmObUx increble skill show but can even fight a necro mesmer elem or ing alone

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Please review your idea to push PvE elementalist into using HAMMERS and GREATSWORDS.

We want to play our class with our skills not a dumbed down version of a pve warrior.

And if you don t your dps is so low in full zerker that nobody wants you.
Also your support is not even comparable to a DPS guardian or Mesmer.

Add DPS and revert RTL in PvE/WWW or at least in PvE

D/D FUN comes from that and EA, and you turned the most fun profession into a 11111111111111111 build.

Ele has to pay the highest toll do deal DPS in PvE: give up ANY fun to play the game.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

My feedback: (will be worded summaries and not ‘by the numbers’.)

Warriors:
Nerf greatsword warriors. Being able to dish out 15-18k in two seconds is a bit overpowered when compared to any other classes best burst ability. I dont know what your data says but most people play greatsword warriors, at least in PVE. Id like to see more axe/axe, or shield warriors.

Guardians:
Make other builds, such as sword/torch more viable in PVE. All I see are greatsword guardians and I hardly see a sword/torch guardian running around.

Thief:
Make P/P thieves a bit more interesting other than unload spammers. Perhaps create a trait that will give us a nice damage boost if we are standing in a blind field or something.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Im not saying it is the hard truth, but alot of players in PVE have the perception that the metagame is focused around three things -

1. direct damage
2. reflection walls and bubbles
3. occasionally useful utility traits that can invalidate fight mechanics (most notably mesmer portal)

Anything else is seen as superfluous and, by some, as a detriment to the group. It’s why you see all of the requests for (and complaints about) groups wanting just warriors, mesmer and guardians (with the occasional thief).

Ive seen friends playing an engineer or necro (and playing them well) told outright they are arent welcome in lvl 30+ fractals.

To achieve balance in dungeon/fractals play, this perception has to first be changed, specifically -

1. direct damage needs to be equalized across all professions and there probably needs to be some detriment to bringing multiple glass cannon direct damage dealers to a group (other than just everyone has to dodge more).

2. condition damage can be strong, but suffers from extreme diminishing returns when you have more than 1 or 2 condition based classes in a group (due to the stack limits) or you have environmental walls, turrets, etc that dont take condition damage. Condition damage builds need to be just as viable in groups as direct damage (even when you have multiple condition damage classes).

3. As much as we love them, a line needs to be drawn on “must have” utilities such as reflection walls and portals. Either every profession needs access to them or no profession should have them. Bringing a specific profession, such as a mesmer or guardian, because they perform one task leads to exclusionary practices.

Finally, as many have said, the meta itself is out of balance right now. It looks like support builds are getting much needed help – it would be nice to see control get some of the same love – to bring the “soft trinity” they discussed at launch (damage, support, control) into actual play.

I still love this game, but it worries me when I see people I like to play alongside excluded because they want to play an engineer or other profession that isnt guardian, mesmer, warrior.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’m pretty happy to read a lot of this. Some improvements to things that have been asked about repeatedly in the forums shows that while the devs might not comment on every post, they’re certainly reading them.

Happy to see PvE/PvP skill splitting. Players and monsters are so vastly different that I think it’s necessary. I’m hoping to see some impressive changes to turrets/summons/minions to make them more viable in PvE but not OP in PvP. Glad to see PvE is getting some love.

And QoL improvements are always a plus. Only thing I didn’t see on here is an option to choose what appears on the right hand side of the UI. Sometimes mine is clogged by things I don’t care to track.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Isn’t there a ranger signet cooldown reduction in the first traitline?… 20% or something?

trait IV?

Ummm Elementalist signet traits is 20%
So is Mesmers at just 20% and Guardian and Warrior.
The only onse with a multi function Signet reduction trait are thief and Necro
How is that “Most classes”?
Most classes only get 20% on a single trait.

The great forum duppy.

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

…and your heal stay even so under the heal from the warriorsignet, and stealth is not permanent

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Too much focus on pets for the Ranger. Pets aren’t that capable of a platform to be given this much attention without first fixing its issues.

Pets are a handicap to the Ranger is many situations, which should never even be possible to happen.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Lets hope the tab targeting improves the way it selects enemies , targeting clones/out of range enemies etc is just really frustrating , but what about spvp isent the clones a kind of defence against this ? If you totally remove AI targeting from spvp i see this as a really positive step towards balance as bad players hide behind AI pets lol :P

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

Lol, well I’ll throw my 2 cents in here, but I highly doubt the devs will get through the walls of text above xD

I main a conditionmancer in PvE, and I’d love to be able to take her into dungeons….The 25 stacking limit isn’t an issue for me, more than my damage output being incredibly inferior to other classes. If I’ve invested so much into an offensive stat, I would at least like to see a mob drop in around the same amount of time as a zerker necro.

I don’t want to switch to a power necro just to be effective, I enjoy the conditionmancer playstyle too much, and have invested insane amounts of time and gold into gearing my necro. We give up so much going full condition, it’d be nice if we could also be thought of once in a while instead of just making power build more and more superior.

Secondly, because I “can’t” run my necro in dungeons, I’ve resorted to running a guardian, which is fine, I love guardian to bits as well. If I could have one thing though, it’d be a faster Hammer attack speed. Why can’t it be along the same lines as the Warrior hammer, and just reduce the duration of the protection from the third hit accordingly?

(edited by jakalofnaar.1702)

Posted by: Gaurdian.4285

Gaurdian.4285

Could move warrior’s “Building Momentum” to tier one, or to one item in the Discipline.
It is very useful, but Warrior need spend 15 point to get it.
And “Reckless Dodge” is so useless.
And I really hope change the burst skill of Great-sword Please………………..

Posted by: Gaurdian.4285

Gaurdian.4285

i just want to know why always nerf thief or make somethig for the thief make traps , nerf damge, nerf abilitys and now other counter thief, and sure problably the thief is so op that the only do we do is Stealth.

what about warriors big damge big hp incredible super mobility cc
what about necros big condition damage big health cc
what about elementalist big damge maximun bunker cc
what about mesmer that do everithig

why not scale things

example inmobilize 15 seg other player 7s other plar 3s other inmune

why not make somthing better with rangers or guardian

thats what the game need balance not op proffessions

Yes, Just one reason is that you thief can stealth. No one can strike thief and see thief when thief do stealth.

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

Could move warrior’s “Building Momentum” to tier one, or to one item in the Discipline.
It is very useful, but Warrior need spend 15 point to get it.
And “Reckless Dodge” is so useless.
And I really hope change the burst skill of Great-sword Please………………..

The Warrior’s GS burst skill is a waste of a class ability TBH. What warrior in their right mind uses it when running a GS o_O7

I’m not sure what the implications are, but I had the idea of switching the burst skill with 100B on the GS. 100B is technically already the burst skill on GS anyways, and I feel it’s not a terrible idea, but then I main a necro so……

Posted by: Antares.2586

Antares.2586

Guardian changes are welcome, may I suggest a little boost and scalable heal on Zealous Blade ? Just a few points, as investing in healing does not seem to make any difference.

Posted by: Suth.8567

Suth.8567

Nice to read all this great news!

Further down the Road

• We’re also looking to make conditions scale better in PvE/WvW leveling so that they’re more viable at different junctures in the level scale.

What about the announcement from Dec / Jan that there are plans to make condition damage competitive with direct damage, especially in regards to the ability to take down structures? Is this still planned?

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

How about in PvE you make conditions last half as long and do double the damage. That way conditions are dropping off faster allowing for reapplication but are still doing the same amount of damage.

A change like this would allow more condition players a chance to deal thier damage to a foe in world events, and would make conditions more viable in the dungeon scene.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Man trying to play Ele in pvp is just so depressing.

I want to badly for Ele to be the high skill, high risk/reward class, but it’s just depressing playing your hardest just to constantly lose and do mediocrity.

This is supposed to be the Anivia/Syndra/Cassiopeia of GW2, please make it as rewarding as they are, I find myself going back just to play a high skill champ that actually rewards said skill, here… not so much.

Hell TBH, if high skill champs in LoL weren’t rewarding like Ele and only the easy champs like Ryze were viable I probably would never touch that game. =/

And if you’re pushing to make this game an Esports still, then I think it’s in your best interest to make them viable, no one really wants to tune in to see X player’s mad Ryze skills, they want to see the high skill stuff.

Oh also, things like Fresh Air burst is a big no no for the game, the game already has too many untelegraphed high burst, it needs less not more, infact the TTK is a bit high anyway.

Posted by: Genreninja.8516

Genreninja.8516

You see what I mean though, some thieves are QQing, even though only ONE class is getting the counter.

“Everything needs atleast one counter” – Charak

Does any other class mechanic have a counter that outright disables the mechanic like Revealed does to Stealth?

Right. I didn’t think so. Therein lies the difference between soft-counters (like AoE’s vs pets) and hard-counters by the way. The latter should be avoided if at all possible if balance is the goal.

Well they could make it so it just makes the pet see through your stealth and chase you down, and if it manages to attack you then it reveals.

Then you have counterplay to Sick Em by dodging/avoiding/cc’ing pet.

That would be a more reasonable implementation of Sic Em than I imagine they’ll have in place next patch, but I still maintain my position that no class should have a hard-counter to another’s major class mechanics.

I don’t think this is as big an issue as it seems. namely because it’s only rangers, and requires the use of their pet.

As a warrior, there is absolutely nothing fun about fighting an invisible target. I have no opportunity to rest, where they’re popping in and out of combat like it’s nothing. And knowing how to make the best use out of cleaving, is my only protection. Sure go invisible, but you’re going to take damage if you come near me. But as far as me getting away, it probably won’t happen unless I get lucky and knock him off a cliff. Thank you Stomp!

I’d like a shout that reveals. Maybe not completly, but if I use it it’ll give some indication of where the target is. Flash of light, whisp of sound waves bouncing off them, blurred faded unselectable image. it wouldn’t completely cancel their stealth, but give me a way to defend myself and think about positioning. give it a long cooldown if you want, I only wanna use it once per fight anyway.

(edited by Genreninja.8516)

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

I love this level of transparency and communication with the players. Keep doing this in the future!

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Glyph of Elemental Power.

Glyph of Renewal.

Focus..

Focus..

Focus..

Focus improvements, yes please.

Glyph of renewal, not my thing, do with it as you want.

Glyph of elemental power is one of my favorite abilities, do not ruin it Forty five seconds of cripple is amazing especially when combo’d with glyph of storms. The only change it needs is to apply a different (more useful) condition in air, vulnerability would be great.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

…and your heal stay even so under the heal from the warriorsignet, and stealth is not permanent

What are you trying to communicate?

I think these changes are a big buff to thieves. Thank you anet!

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: salt and pepper.4738

salt and pepper.4738

- Warriors with hammer and nearly permanent stability are unbeatable in 2v2 situation, they have way to much stability or crowd controll. Please, just descrease the stabilitytime on warriors!
- This is Guildwars right? Why isn´t there a Guildladder? Why should i even join a Guild in pvp, it gives me nothing! (I can also add mates on my friendlist. Imo you could remove guilds from pvp, the way they are treated right now) Reforming ur 5vs5 Ladder into a Guildladder cant be that hard.
- There were Thread like this a few months before, you asked us waht we want to be in PvP. As i remember different gamemodes were a huge factor, so why do we only get capture maps. (i guess, i dont need to mention skyhammer was the flop of the year)
- Spectate is a kittening Joke, really nobody even wants to spectate hotjoin games (pretty understandable, since hotjoin is nearly for beginners only). Let us watch top 100 tournament games.
- The last Point is more a Question, do you really want Rangers to be in that Spot they are right now? Ranger shoudn´t be able to be bunkerish, they should do dmg…

(edited by salt and pepper.4738)

Posted by: Beerdog.8742

Beerdog.8742

Finally I can find the legendaries/champions, before they die.
Much appreciated