October 15th balance/skills updates preview.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Warriors are fine – for the first time they’re competitive in PVP and I’m pretty tired of all the people QQing that they don’t get their free kill anymore. Honestly sad.
Instead of shifting the meta they QQ about warriors being OP.

well i kill warr on daily basis in pvp so they are still a free kill

Maybe you’re just good. Now can you please teach all the other people constantly complaining how you do it? Maybe then we’d have some peace.

Well in every mmo i v played i am used to playing an thief/assassin character. The thing that is bothering me with warriors is that they are a class for beginners a class that in pve is a armor wearing crit damage killing machine which IMHO is just asinine. But on the other hand in pvp berserk warriors are just hunks of meat compared to berserk thief’s which is also asinine. In www and in dungeons when i roll with warriors for example the thing i don’t get at all is that as a berserk thief i outlive those warriors… It is the strangest mostly unbalanced class in gw2..

Warriors are not unbalanced.
I agree – warriors are good in PVE BUT all the classes are good in PVE.
Other classes ( Thief, ele – and according to some guardian ) outdamage it easily in PVE so I don’t see that being much of an issue.

Dunno which game you’re playing but there are still demands from the speed run dungeon crowd for only specific classes, it’s just not as visible as it used to be because now they have a LFG tool!

There’s also big in your face evidence that the classes with pets and with hybrid designs (forcing the need for conditions onto the classes that should be able to use burst as easily as other classes) generally don’t do as much DPS in PVE as their counterparts. It’s not necessary or wanted that these classes be forced to pick gear that both enhances condi damage and burst similtaneously because it cuts down on diversity and causes extra problems in PVE open world boss fights where everyone is stacking condi damage and almost none of it is being counted due to stack limits.

Add to that the lack of equality in both the condition damage scaling AND the burst dps scaling for the same gear on equally specced character of various classes and no you don’t have an egalitarian system of DPS, engineer rifle for example doesn’t come anywhere near the range or damage output WITHOUT the use of condition damage additions that the warrior has.

So no PVE is not equal and all classes don’t do fine in the DPS department. That’s just wrong on so many levels.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

An option I’d really like to see is smart ground targeting when targeting areas that are out of range.

Like if I use a 900 range teleport, but I cast it at 1000 range, then it still casts at it’s maximum 900 range in the direction of where I tried to cast it. Instead, right now it just fails until you target within range, which usually means you’ll waste like 100 range.

This would be a huge QOL change.

This. Please. Asap. Thanks.

I have to agree with this, it also ensures you always get the full extend of the range which would be awesome.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Warriors are fine – for the first time they’re competitive in PVP and I’m pretty tired of all the people QQing that they don’t get their free kill anymore. Honestly sad.

Maybe you’re just good. Now can you please teach all the other people constantly complaining how you do it? Maybe then we’d have some peace.

Well in every mmo i v played i am used to playing an thief/assassin character. The thing that is bothering me with warriors is that they are a class for beginners a class that in pve is a armor wearing crit damage killing machine which IMHO is just asinine. But on the other hand in pvp berserk warriors are just hunks of meat compared to berserk thief’s which is also asinine. In www and in dungeons when i roll with warriors for example the thing i don’t get at all is that as a berserk thief i outlive those warriors… It is the strangest mostly unbalanced class in gw2..

Other classes ( Thief, ele – and according to some guardian ) outdamage it easily in PVE so I don’t see that being much of an issue.

Dunno which game you’re playing but there are still demands from the speed run dungeon crowd for only specific classes, it’s just not as visible as it used to be because now they have a LFG tool!

There’s also big in your face evidence that the classes with pets and with hybrid designs (forcing the need for conditions onto the classes that should be able to use burst as easily as other classes) generally don’t do as much DPS in PVE as their counterparts. It’s not necessary or wanted that these classes be forced to pick gear that both enhances condi damage and burst similtaneously because it cuts down on diversity and causes extra problems in PVE open world boss fights where everyone is stacking condi damage and almost none of it is being counted due to stack limits.

Add to that the lack of equality in both the condition damage scaling AND the burst dps scaling for the same gear on equally specced character of various classes and no you don’t have an egalitarian system of DPS, engineer rifle for example doesn’t come anywhere near the range or damage output WITHOUT the use of condition damage additions that the warrior has.

So no PVE is not equal and all classes don’t do fine in the DPS department. That’s just wrong on so many levels.

Random pugs saying “lf heavy classes only” are not the “speed run community”. The speedrun community will take basically any class after they have one warrior (buff bot with banners, FGJ). If reflects are needed, they can take a guard. If they need to chain them, they can take another class with reflect/absorb which can mean a second guard or thief, ele or ranger. But beyond that … thief and ele are the kings of DPS, mesmers have high theoretical DPS but they’ll rarely hit their potential. The only class which isn’t worth taking along is a necro, and that’s not for lack of DPS but because of zero utility, and while there is a DPS hierarchy with engineers at the bottom, they’re incredible at vuln stacking and good might stackers which makes one worth taking (a bit like how mesmers were taken for time warp and signet of inspiration, their personal average DPS is compensated by their boost for the group).

A good class composition would be something like 1 war, 1 engineer, 1 ranger, 2 eles.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Maybe give those classes a chance or read up on the dps calculations people have done. Warrior is preferred not necessarily because it has high dps but mostly because its dps is high for the skill floor needed to achieve that DPS.

I agree with you that Warriors are overstated in terms of how awesome they are, and all classes can be good in PvE. However, the problem is that all classes aren’t at the same state of balance, so Warriors seem like the “pet” class.

Rangers have had to deal with shoddy pet AI since betas, and have a sword AA chain that is often more efficient than a bow—besides the fact it roots them in place, so those DoD attacks hit them square in the face. Elementalists fight with a clunky, awkward attunement mechanic, which requires stance dancing for the most effective burst but is completely at odds with many of their traits. Thieves are in a constant war to keep stealth—one of their main survival mechanics—alive, since it has a valuable trait line tied to it and their only alternative for damage mitigation is evasion.

All of that is very aggravating when compared to the Warrior, who is in a relatively good place right now.

Without your knowledge you’ve actually stumbled upon one of the reasons Warrior is considered to be OP.
Let me explain. Warrior is alright – as stated many times before.
The fact that it is overplayed however aggravates this situation – and makes people believe it is overused because it is OP. This is false.

The reason warrior is the most played class in this game is not because it is OP ( in fact new players rarely research which class is OP before they start) – the reasons are completely different.

1)It is simple to play – yes – I’ve spent 1400+ hours on it and I agree – it is much simpler than other classes. Simple to play, difficult to master but the bottom line is warrior is a class for the simple guy – who just wants to pick up a weapon and hit things with it.
You’ll see no complicated gimmicky mechanics such as stealth/virtues/attunements here. Things are simple – you hit stuff – then after a while another attack charges up and you can hit some more and generally harder.
You don’t have to dance around through attunements, you don’t rely on stealth or blocks and reflects to stay alive – you have high armor and high HP.

2)It is cool to play and it looks cool – let’s face it – the majority of players that want a heavy class probably want the type of character that goes out there and clobbers things – guardians can do that sure – but they’re not marketed as killing machines but as stoic protectors and supporters of others.
People want to be the hero not the sidekick.

3)It is notorious – the idea that warrior is OP, and “KING OF PVE” has gone on for so long that it has built tremendous momentum. People who have no idea about the game/ classes will spew out " warrior is the best class " and this has given the class a sort of notoriety.
You’ll have no trouble getting in dungeons or in parties because you’re ON a warrior. I’ve seen parties go " we’ve got 4 warriors – we can’t go wrong" but also " kick the thief – they are bad in pve" or " lol no ranger pls".

These are the reasons people play warrior.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Harper.4173

Regarding other classes and how they measure up to warriors – this is where most people go the wrong route.
Instead of trying to offer suggestions on how better to bring all classes up to the " OP level of the warrior " they go the easy route and scream out " WARRIOR OP NERF PL0X".
Because it is easy. It’s facile – instead of offering ideas on how to improve your class – that you are unhappy with – simply point the finger at another class and call it out for being OP – demand that it be nerfed.

As colesy nicely stated above – there are classes that FAR outdamage the warrior. There are classes that bring far more utility. The warrior is a sort of a jack of all trades. That’s why he’s popular – but with this popularity also comes the false impression that the class is OP.

The bottom line is this – warriors are fine where they are.
If other classes have it tougher – they should be buffed – but don’t fix what isn’t broken.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Roy and I are scheduled to stream on October 11th where we’ll go over a few more features and adjustments that you’ll see on the mid-october update. Be sure to tune in and check it out!

Did this happen ?

I checked your twitch saved broadcast and was unable to find it, perhaps it was saved or was labeled incorrectly ?

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Roy and I are scheduled to stream on October 11th where we’ll go over a few more features and adjustments that you’ll see on the mid-october update. Be sure to tune in and check it out!

Did this happen ?

I checked your twitch saved broadcast and was unable to find it, perhaps it was saved or was labeled incorrectly ?

They chickened out and replaced it with an intro to sPvP podcast.

We’ll get the preview podcast a whole 20 hours before the patch hits… Just long enough to hear the screams, really…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: holunder.4682

holunder.4682

I’m playing a thief myself, but i would love to see all friggin autododge skills (Ranger ones as well) nerfed a lot. At the moment you just evade every ability for like half a second or even more. Instead just give those skills a fixed amount of 1-3 dodges per use (like the Guardian Scepter Block). I mean .. its so extremely strong, you can even dodge kitten while being rooted. Why should stuff like this be spammable. It neither requires ANY skill to spam it, nor is it fair to have them deal pretty decent damage on top of it.

Edit: To point another thing out: Completely remove the Autododge form Pistolwhip.

(edited by holunder.4682)

Posted by: Pegaasus.3280

Pegaasus.3280

I’m playing a thief myself, but i would love to see all friggin autododge skills (Ranger ones as well) nerfed a lot. At the moment you just evade every ability for like half a second or even more. Instead just give those skills a fixed amount of 1-3 dodges per use (like the Guardian Scepter Block). I mean .. its so extremely strong, you can even dodge kitten while being rooted. Why should stuff like this be spammable. It neither requires ANY skill to spam it, nor is it fair to have them deal pretty decent damage on top of it.

Said an Op class player…
Play Ranger and then you can complain.
If you play a thief you must not complain

holunder.4682

I also know that Sword1 Chain of the Ranger should be altered, so you wont stuck in animation, but thats not my point to tell here. I just dont support skillless-nobrainer abilities. Especially i want to see my own skills nerfed (Sword and Shortbow) so i dont see your point of complaint :o

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Edit: To point another thing out: Completely remove the Autododge form Pistolwhip.

No.
S/P is the only completely balanced yet effective setup we have and very few players use it.
This change would nerf it to the ground. Pistol Whip has a really telegrapbed animation. If you miss the first hit, you are going to be rooted in place, ready to be burst down. It’s high initiative cost (5!) is already a high price for not landing the first hit.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

holunder.4682

If you miss the first hit, you are going to be rooted in place, ready to be burst down.

You dont seem to get the point? Even if you’re rooted, you cannot be bursted since you evade ALL attacks during the ‘channel’ … And even if you miss the first hit, does not automatically let you miss all other hits, which do massive AE cleave dmg. Get your facts straight before lamenting.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Did this happen ?

They chickened out and replaced it with an intro to sPvP podcast.

We’ll get the preview podcast a whole 20 hours before the patch hits… Just long enough to hear the screams, really…

I was surprised when I joined the channel and asked questions about it. I was ignored the whole time, while greeting people who joined a channel was something anet did all the time. Nice priorities.

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

If you miss the first hit, you are going to be rooted in place, ready to be burst down.

You dont seem to get the point? Even if you’re rooted, you cannot be bursted since you evade ALL attacks during the ‘channel’ … And even if you miss the first hit, does not automatically let you miss all other hits, which do massive AE cleave dmg. Get your facts straight before lamenting.

i agree, the evasion must be removed, the root can stay !

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

Regarding other classes and how they measure up to warriors – this is where most people go the wrong route.
Instead of trying to offer suggestions on how better to bring all classes up to the " OP level of the warrior " they go the easy route and scream out " WARRIOR OP NERF PL0X".
Because it is easy. It’s facile – instead of offering ideas on how to improve your class – that you are unhappy with – simply point the finger at another class and call it out for being OP – demand that it be nerfed.

As colesy nicely stated above – there are classes that FAR outdamage the warrior. There are classes that bring far more utility. The warrior is a sort of a jack of all trades. That’s why he’s popular – but with this popularity also comes the false impression that the class is OP.

If other classes have it tougher – they should be buffed – but don’t fix what isn’t broken.

is that so?Then please tell me, which classes FAR outdamage the warrior. To my knowledge there aren´t any. Thief single target DPS only is slightly better, not far, and warrior cleaves.

There is a reason why most speedkills where it comes down to DPS bring mostly warriors. That reason cant be that wariors are outdamaged by FAR by other classes.

Additionally, warriors are completly and utterly broken right now in PvE and WvW., yet people still want to see classes like thief or ranger nerfed.

Go on, enlighten me please.

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

I like how each time you critic ranger in the ranger forums, you get learn to play and stop using bear bow posts.

It’s not like ranger have kittened up traits, the worst profession mechanic and the worst power scaling of all the professions in the game.

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

As an engi i would like to see an option to use grenade kit skills without ground targeting in PVE, as it works underwater, for example. Most of bosses don’t move so fast or don’t even move at all, it will be a great improvement in terms of quality of life. Also, it’s not only engineers problem, but also a problem for some other classes. It will also be better for staff elementalists for example.

So, we need an option to toggle using attacking ground targeting skills right under selected target, so, if staff ele uses lava font, it spawns right under his target instantly, without necessarity of clicking again or holding mouse under target (as it is with toggled “fast ground targeting”). If staff ele uses geyser, he still should point where it should be placed.

Or, may be ANY of ground targeted skills should appear right under selected target even if it’s an ally. If target isn’t selected, then you should point where it should appear.
And all of this only with toggled option.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

If you miss the first hit, no one will be hit by the following cleaves. The evasion frames do not even cover the whole animation.
Pistol Whip is balanced as it is, I’d say it’s one of the most balanced weapon sets thieves have at the moment.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

i agree, the evasion must be removed, the root can stay !

That’s very silly.

The whole reason it even has that evade is because it roots the play during the animation. The evade doesn’t cover the entire animation either, leaving the thief vulnerable at the tail end of the attack. The damage is decent, but easily avoided as long as you’re not right in front of the AOE cone. A thief properly spamming backstabs is going to do more damage really.

I’m actually surprised people still complain about Pistol Whip when it’s already been nerfed heavily in the past and rarely outside of PVE.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I like how each time you critic ranger in the ranger forums, you get learn to play and stop using bear bow posts.

It’s not like ranger have kittened up traits, the worst profession mechanic and the worst power scaling of all the professions in the game.

Lol they have worthless pets and give up 40% of their dps for their useless pets. I can easily 2×1 or 3×1 rangers. Poor things.

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Lol they have worthless pets and give up 40% of their dps for their useless pets. I can easily 2×1 or 3×1 rangers. Poor things.

thats also the reason why their performance in wvw is quite bad. their pet dies in like 2 seconds. i’ve seen a zerg though usingglasscannon rangers nuking everyone from a safe distance.
mesmers have the same problem as their clones barely spawn and the perma blinds , perma interrupts,perma stuns and the condition bombs cripple our class a lot.
anet, i’d be happy to give up some of our dueling abilities, if u give us more aoe based sklls that are mesmer unique like we had in gw1.
every class in wvw should be as feared as a necro or a warrior.
anet has to stop balancing wvw and spvp the same way. wvw is not just about roaming and 5 people vs 5 people.

its this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voHYLhEbCYc

and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKKaSluD1GQ

u really dont wanna buff warriors in wvw. go check your numbers of the classes played in wvw atm:

1warrior(by far)
2 guardian
3 necro
4 ele
5 thief
6 engi
7 mesmer
8 ranger

now ask why.

warrior is godmode:too much regen,too much toughness for the dps they have, too much cc, too much resistance to conditions, to much interrupting, too much of everything

guardian: too many boons, best support build, great stability, great survivability

necro: to many conditions, great dps, awesome range, great tagging, can hold back an entire zerg with marks, too much fear, great health

ele: best aoe dps, great healing support, can destroy everything on walls and behind gates

thief: too much stealth, can 3 shot almost everything and has the role in zergs to gank the caster in the back. dps is too high though.

engi is great, but very hard to play. otherwise i think he could be way higher up.

mesmer: veil, tw, portal…thats it. lack of aoe, no clear role apart form a boring utility bot. servant for the warriors

rangers: pet dies in 2 seconds…game over. u can maybe have high dps rangers in the back of the zerg nuking some people, but still recruiting guilds often state:now recruiting. need mesmers for veil, warriors, and necros. no rangers!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Avatara.1042

ENGINEER GRENADE KIT NUMBER 1 SKILL GIVEN AUTOATTACK.

Please, please do this. It is the only thing stopping me from playing an Engineer.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Please, please do this. It is the only thing stopping me from playing an Engineer.

How can they give an ground targeted aoe autoattack?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

How can they give an ground targeted aoe autoattack?

They are adding some great new options for ground targeting. I think they’ll practically solve the problem.

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

ground targetted skills that fire themselves?
Jesus christ…

The great forum duppy.

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

What auto dodge. You know Pistol whip can be interrupted?
You should do stand-up.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The great forum duppy.

Posted by: Hekotat.2497

Hekotat.2497

How are these patch notes not out for the public yet?

Nike.2631

How are these patch notes not out for the public yet?

I was just thinking that we should be seeing data-mining by now.

Posted by: Seregmir.6375

Seregmir.6375

To say some obvious things…
What I really don’t like it the difference in base HP. Elementalists, Guardians, Thieves have 7567 less HP than Warriors and Necros from the beginning.
For Guardians this isn’t that bad, because of pretty nice healing (but only in support build). This difference makes Warriors a bit… yes… OP (less more Necromancers, but still).

Better thing is that they will be buffed even more with shouts traits changes.
What will we get then: bunker with decent dmg, high AoE condition removing, high AoE healing, high passive regeneration (or if someone prefer even more condition removing), great self-stability, nice amount of CCs, great mobility.

Ok, maybe Warrior can’t be the best AoE damage dealer or supporter (in boons spamming way, because he can be great with conditions removing and healing), but isn’t this profession a bit too good now?
Seriously, how many of players can honestly say that in their oppinion Warriors aren’t much better (in general mechanic possibilities way) than other professions?
How much others professions must sacrifice to be as good as Warriors in condition removing, healing or bunking?
The point is that no matter which role Warrior chooses, he won’t become weak in different role, as long as he takes Tactics and Defense traits.

IMHO the best situation to imagine how good Warriors are, is a group of 5, of course Tactics and Defense traits, shouts builded, runes of soldier, all with Hammers, but with different items attributes, 2nd weapon sets and few traits.
I just can’t imagine group of 5 that could beat Warriors. Maybe some kind of specialized builds and tactics, but that kind of group would never be as flexible as Warriors.

So keep swapping professions, builds, items depending on situation… or go for Warrior.

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

so, while the other classes get super bonuses, thief gets nerfed more

well… thief hate at it’s finest….

lol thieves aren’t getting nerfed. scrub permastealthers ruin the game for everyone, especially decent thieves.

We get it. You don’t like stealth.

I’m a thief who hates what permastealth has done to my class.

Sure buddy.

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

i lvl up my warrior and have a 80 guardian. why i am sad? my main is a ranger and he is nearly lvl 300 in wvw. i hope they will bring rangers in line and/or make wvw xp account bound not character bound.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

aspirine.6852

i lvl up my warrior and have a 80 guardian. why i am sad? my main is a ranger and he is nearly lvl 300 in wvw. i hope they will bring rangers in line and/or make wvw xp account bound not character bound.

I admire your dedication in wvw and taking a ranger that high. I enjoy my ranger too, LB and GS, longbow for killing behind the zerg. GS for when I am against solo or small party. What kind do you play?

Posted by: sil.4160

sil.4160

Need some Quality of Life improvement in this. Could you improve the special effect of FIELDS. Water field and light field for some skill look too much like each other. Sometimes its hard to tell. How about blue circles around water field and yellow circles around light field

Also make downed icons different to target icons. Maybe make target icons much larger. Currently they both look the same. Red arrow pointing downwards

(edited by sil.4160)

Posted by: Mika.9815

Mika.9815

An option I’d really like to see is smart ground targeting when targeting areas that are out of range.

Like if I use a 900 range teleport, but I cast it at 1000 range, then it still casts at it’s maximum 900 range in the direction of where I tried to cast it. Instead, right now it just fails until you target within range, which usually means you’ll waste like 100 range.

This would be a huge QOL change.

This. Please. Asap. Thanks.

I want this also. Currently the lack of this feature makes fast cast ground targeting quite slow, since I’m required to go though a series of trial and error casts to find out a range where I’m able to cast.

If I’m trying to cast at a spot which is a little over the maximum range by using fast cast ground targeting during a fast action battle, my intention is still to be able to quickly cast in that general area and not to fail because of a few pixels estimation error. Getting actions done is better than adhering to absolute precision in measurement.

I can only speak with experience as a thief, but for example short bow skills 2, 4 and 5 should all cast at the maximum range if my fast cast ground targeting is activated over the range. At least up to half or two times over the range. Even if I don’t move my mouse cursor at all and have cast a skill at close to the max range, subsequent terrain and camera angle variations can cause the next cast to fail because it’s no longer in range.

As an example of what we seem to want, warrior Greatsword skill #3 Whirlwind Attack is working in a similar way. Even if it’s cast over the max range with fast cast ground targeting, it will still activate in that direction for the max range.

(edited by Mika.9815)

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Need some Quality of Life improvement in this. Could you improve the special effect of FIELDS. Water field and light field for some skill look too much like each other. Sometimes its hard to tell. How about blue circles around water field and yellow circles around light field

Also make downed icons different to target icons. Maybe make target icons much larger. Currently they both look the same. Red arrow pointing downwards

I think all fields could use some sprucing up here.

Add a nice looking unique border for each field.

Posted by: beno.7985

beno.7985

thats also the reason why their performance in wvw is quite bad. their pet dies in like 2 seconds. i’ve seen a zerg though usingglasscannon rangers nuking everyone from a safe distance.
mesmers have the same problem as their clones barely spawn and the perma blinds , perma interrupts,perma stuns and the condition bombs cripple our class a lot.
anet, i’d be happy to give up some of our dueling abilities, if u give us more aoe based sklls that are mesmer unique like we had in gw1.
anet has to stop balancing wvw and spvp the same way. wvw is not just about roaming and 5 people vs 5 people.

its this

and this

u really dont wanna buff warriors in wvw. go check your numbers of the classes played in wvw atm:

1warrior(by far)
2 guardian
3 necro
4 ele
5 thief
6 engi
7 mesmer
8 ranger

now ask why.

warrior is godmode:too much regen,too much toughness for the dps they have, too much cc, too much resistance to conditions, to much interrupting, too much of everything

guardian: too many boons, best support build, great stability, great survivability

necro: to many conditions, great dps, awesome range, great tagging, can hold back an entire zerg with marks, too much fear, great health

ele: best aoe dps, great healing support, can destroy everything on walls and behind gates

thief: too much stealth, can 3 shot almost everything and has the role in zergs to gank the caster in the back. dps is too high though.

engi is great, but very hard to play. otherwise i think he could be way higher up.

mesmer: veil, tw, portal…thats it. lack of aoe, no clear role apart form a boring utility bot. servant for the warriors

rangers: pet dies in 2 seconds…game over. u can maybe have high dps rangers in the back of the zerg nuking some people, but still recruiting guilds often state:now recruiting. need mesmers for veil, warriors, and necros. no rangers!

This !

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

So, shouldn’t there be patch notes or something by now?

selan.8354

its this

and this

1warrior(by far)
2 guardian
3 necro
4 ele
5 thief
6 engi
7 mesmer
8 ranger

now ask why.

This !

Lol!

Warriors got to much toughness? haha..
Others got protection.. thats 33% damage reduction.. try to get that with toughness (you cant)..

Warriors got to much regen? uhm… lol > poison maby?

Warriors got to much resistance to condtions? talking about berserker stance? lol just wait for like 8sec and spam your conditions after it..

Warriors to much interrupting? haha yeah mostly in melee range, so get out of the melee range, its still possible to kite warriors.

Too much of everything? aah this is the 30/30/30/30/30 warrior longbow/hammer/mace/GS/Sw+shield/axe/rifle build we talk about, yeah thats indeed insane.

Yeah warriors are great but not that great your talking about.

too much regen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VSMD3rmL2k

possible to kite warriors?well good luck in the middle of this

try to kite a zerg filled with warriors like that.

yeah guardian have a lot of tanking, but if they are tank they dont hurt. u got great toughness, healing, massive regen and high resistance vs conditions and also stability and all of that combined with great dmg. im not talking spvp. im talking zerg. combine that with lemongrass soup and bloodlust and all the boons u are getting from the rest of the zerg. the warrior turns into a beast.cc spam is way too much.

it makes wvw boring warrior trains. mesmer and rangers are in a pretty bad spot in wvw due to ai that dies in like 2 seconds.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

I stile like to see warrior axe skills get…something ..anything /CC or condi or mobility or ..whatever/? ……maybe #3 Trow axe >Pull target .. similar to guard GS 5?…..Mehh wishful
thinking ..

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

Maybe give those classes a chance or read up on the dps calculations people have done. Warrior is preferred not necessarily because it has high dps but mostly because its dps is high for the skill floor needed to achieve that DPS.

I agree with you that Warriors are overstated in terms of how awesome they are, and all classes can be good in PvE. However, the problem is that all classes aren’t at the same state of balance, so Warriors seem like the “pet” class.

Rangers have had to deal with shoddy pet AI since betas, and have a sword AA chain that is often more efficient than a bow—besides the fact it roots them in place, so those DoD attacks hit them square in the face. Elementalists fight with a clunky, awkward attunement mechanic, which requires stance dancing for the most effective burst but is completely at odds with many of their traits. Thieves are in a constant war to keep stealth—one of their main survival mechanics—alive, since it has a valuable trait line tied to it and their only alternative for damage mitigation is evasion.

All of that is very aggravating when compared to the Warrior, who is in a relatively good place right now.

Without your knowledge you’ve actually stumbled upon one of the reasons Warrior is considered to be OP.
Let me explain. Warrior is alright – as stated many times before.
The fact that it is overplayed however aggravates this situation – and makes people believe it is overused because it is OP. This is false.

The reason warrior is the most played class in this game is not because it is OP ( in fact new players rarely research which class is OP before they start) – the reasons are completely different.

1)It is simple to play – yes – I’ve spent 1400+ hours on it and I agree – it is much simpler than other classes. Simple to play, difficult to master but the bottom line is warrior is a class for the simple guy – who just wants to pick up a weapon and hit things with it.
You’ll see no complicated gimmicky mechanics such as stealth/virtues/attunements here. Things are simple – you hit stuff – then after a while another attack charges up and you can hit some more and generally harder.
You don’t have to dance around through attunements, you don’t rely on stealth or blocks and reflects to stay alive – you have high armor and high HP.

2)It is cool to play and it looks cool – let’s face it – the majority of players that want a heavy class probably want the type of character that goes out there and clobbers things – guardians can do that sure – but they’re not marketed as killing machines but as stoic protectors and supporters of others.
People want to be the hero not the sidekick.

3)It is notorious – the idea that warrior is OP, and “KING OF PVE” has gone on for so long that it has built tremendous momentum. People who have no idea about the game/ classes will spew out " warrior is the best class " and this has given the class a sort of notoriety.
You’ll have no trouble getting in dungeons or in parties because you’re ON a warrior. I’ve seen parties go " we’ve got 4 warriors – we can’t go wrong" but also " kick the thief – they are bad in pve" or " lol no ranger pls".

These are the reasons people play warrior.

After the first three paragraphs, I ran out of breadcrumbs.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Imagi.4561

Please post videos of your gameplay, so we can see how truly OP all those other classes are. I’d be particularly interested to watch your Ele and Thief.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

so, while the other classes get super bonuses, thief gets nerfed more

well… thief hate at it’s finest….

lol thieves aren’t getting nerfed. scrub permastealthers ruin the game for everyone, especially decent thieves.

We get it. You don’t like stealth.

I’m a thief who hates what permastealth has done to my class.

On the one hand you have right, on the other hand I agree with you
Its very stupid and annoying

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

selan.8354

Please post videos of your gameplay, so we can see how truly OP all those other classes are. I’d be particularly interested to watch your Ele and Thief.

i do have an ele which i havent played for a year, and i have not thief. i play mesmer only. if u would have read my port u would know that and btw im talking wvw zerg fighting not roaming which i also clearly stated in earlier posts.
and btw i didnt say guardian was op or necro. necro is very very strong and on the edge of op, but warriors eat through everything, including necros.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

Harper.4173

is that so?Then please tell me, which classes FAR outdamage the warrior. To my knowledge there aren´t any. Thief single target DPS only is slightly better, not far, and warrior cleaves.

There is a reason why most speedkills where it comes down to DPS bring mostly warriors. That reason cant be that wariors are outdamaged by FAR by other classes.

Additionally, warriors are completly and utterly broken right now in PvE and WvW., yet people still want to see classes like thief or ranger nerfed.

Go on, enlighten me please.

Ever heard of eles? Ever heard of guardians? They both outdamage warriors in speed clear runs. Warriors are no longer the go-to class for speedkills – they are useful but all speedkills require at most 2 warriors. Why do you think that is?
Also look up 1h sword rangers – see what they can do

- look at that damage.

How are warriors broken? What exactly do you feel is wrong with them?

Harper.4173

its this

and this

1warrior(by far)
2 guardian
3 necro
4 ele
5 thief
6 engi
7 mesmer
8 ranger

now ask why.

Alert alert – ranger player detected – "every class is OP except the one i’m on " !

Posted by: Aplier.7829

Aplier.7829

So that’s pretty much it! Feel free to leave feedback and ideas/concerns and we’ll be watching to see what you guys come up with!

-Balance and skill team

First thing that comes to mind to me is the thief’s major trait #7, Bountiful Theft. The automatic vigor boon from this is only granted on an actual steal from a target, unlike the boons from Thrill of the Crime, which grants its boons even when there is no target at all. The venn diagram of when I desperately want vigor and when I want to be in melee range tends to have very little overlap. I’d like to suggest making Bountiful Theft tweaked slightly such that vigor is granted whenever Steal is used, not just on a successful steal.

By using steal without a target, we’re already sacrificing the free item/ability, and with giving up the potential two boons from this trait, that seems like enough of a drawback to me. I think this would add some extra strategic use to Bountiful Theft, both in combat and out of combat, that would help make going so deep into trickery feel more impactful.

aspirine.6852

So what time is this again this evening? You would have thought it would be on the front page that there is a big preview for tomorrows patch….

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

I guess we wait until tomorrow for the notes. It would be nice to see them early, like today ANet.. hint hint.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Imagi.4561

its this

and this

1warrior(by far)
2 guardian
3 necro
4 ele
5 thief
6 engi
7 mesmer
8 ranger

now ask why.

Alert alert – ranger player detected – "every class is OP except the one i’m on " !

That’s essentially the opinion I’ve formed, too, even if they “have an ele” and are “talking about wvw zerg fighting,” as they said.

#ELEtism

Nike.2631

Less than 3 hours to the REVELATION.

Followed by 8 weeks of balancing lock down for the WvW season.

In their homebrewed trinity of DPS, Support, and Control, their eye is on enhancing the contribution of support builds with this pass… maybe in mid-December Control can be allowed to have the slightest impact whatsoever on endgame PvE encounters .