Pick the Better Looking Character

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

Hey everyone!

So after hitting 80 on my Human Ranger, I finally looked around and noticed that just about 99% of every other ranger out there was also a Human. I could be wrong but that’s just my limited perspective.

Anyways… I’m considering changing over (starting over… again) with a Norn as I really like the RP concept behind the race + the class I’ve chosen. Still, I want to find out what you all think between these two.

Which do you like better?

Attachments:

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I prefer the first one, largely because she looks like a modern day Final Fantasy character and I always loved the aesthetics in those games. She has has the better hairstyle of the two.

The second is more fitting to GW2 though in terms of armour, but I would change the hair, either in colour or style

On the hand, humans rangers are just….cooler

Attachments:

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

I like the first one better. Plus she has actual pants.

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

You’re already level 80, stay human. My ranger is an asura if that makes you feel better.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

You’re already level 80, stay human. My ranger is an asura if that makes you feel better.

As is my ranger, who I absolutely adore.
(she secretly wishes she could ride her pet, which is far larger than she is)

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Black Iris Flowers.3418

As is my ranger, who I absolutely adore.
(she secretly wishes she could ride her pet, which is far larger than she is)

That is exactly why I made my ranger an asura

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Oddly enough your human ranger is dressed almost exactly like my norn engineer. I think I wanted a bit more of a modern style since she’s using the most advanced weaponry, but mostly I just really like that top.

Also I wouldn’t worry about seeing lots of other human rangers. Humans are always the most common race in any game that has them, so there’s probably more humans of every profession. But I actually think norn rangers are more of an archetype since it fits with their religion and the idea of setting out alone into the wilderness to make a name for yourself.

But the important thing is that YOU like your characters, not what anyone else thinks of them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: faunabay.9320

faunabay.9320

I tend to like the Norn race but between your two pics I like the first. I love the outfit and the hair is better too. ;-)
If you’re like me you like to hear others opinions but ultimately it’ll be up to you. Which would you be more comfortable playing?

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

Thanks folks for all the advice. You all pretty much told me what I’ve been trying to tell myself. I spent a great deal of time on that outfit and her hair to match a RP concept I was working on. Guess I’ll keep her…

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

What is the outfit she is wearing out of curiosity?

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

I have female Human, Norn, and Sylvari Rangers. I adore Norns, but I dislike the way medium armor in general looks on them. Even with the thinnest physique, I feel like my Norn should be wearing wide load signs with most medium armor. There are very few pieces she looks right to me wearing and so I feel very limited with wardrobe. This may not be a concern to you, however. So far, I find my Human (w/ thinnest physique) looks best in medium armor, with Sylvari coming in 2nd. Med armor just doesn’t seem to bulk up on them like it does with Norns.

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

If you can afford the gold to gems I’d totally have both

Black Iris Flowers.3418

I have female Human, Norn, and Sylvari Rangers. I adore Norns, but I dislike the way medium armor in general looks on them. Even with the thinnest physique, I feel like my Norn should be wearing wide load signs with most medium armor. There are very few pieces she looks right to me wearing and so I feel very limited with wardrobe. This may not be a concern to you, however. So far, I find my Human (w/ thinnest physique) looks best in medium armor, with Sylvari coming in 2nd. Med armor just doesn’t seem to bulk up on them like it does with Norns.

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who feels this way. Most of my characters are human for this reason (with the odd asura or sylvari). I have a norn but she feels so bulky and awkward

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

What is the outfit she is wearing out of curiosity?

The human uses Reading Glasses (Gemstore), Krytan Top (Gemstore/Medium Armor Skin choice for new Players), I think Scout’s Gloves (Human Cultural t1), Duelist Pants (Common, found on the TP or as loot) and Assassin’s Boots (Human Cultural t3).

The norn uses Reading Glasses, Wolf Shoulders (Norn Cultural t3), Glorious Top (PvP Glorious Reward Track), Wolfborn Braces (Norn cultural t1), Predatory Leggings (Norn cultural t2) and Wolf Boots (Norn cultural t3).

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Posted by: Keltan.1827

Keltan.1827

The first one with the pants is better.

My ranger is Charr. My guardian is Charr. I may make my engineer Charr.

(Or human, haven’t decided yet.)

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

The first one with the pants is better.

My ranger is Charr. My guardian is Charr. I may make my engineer Charr.

(Or human, haven’t decided yet.)

Make everyone charr. The world would be a better place.