Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Problem:
Fractal Dungeon is endless.

Agony gear is only needed in its lower levels.

Agony gear is nerfed as it can only slot infusion thingies, therefore has slightly higher stats to compensate.

Solution:
Ignore the frikken Dungeon and do what you´ve done till now.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Excited? Hell no.

…Can’t we just have new gear with infusion slots without an increase in stats?
That way, it would really be dungeon specific and probably wouldn’t bother the rest of us.

It’s not like I dislike the rest of the upcoming patch – really looking forward to it! – but that part just ruins it. Can’t we have a month-long ingame poll or something, akin to the feedback stuff during the BWEs?

Polka will never die

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Small stat increases = a big difference in Wv3 when you have a full set of armor, meaning everyone will have to grind it out or be left with a stat gap that makes the PvP horrible.

No No No!

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Posted by: Norax.2405

Norax.2405

People are moaning because ArenaNet listened to the people moaning for a carrot on a stick – instead of staying true to their loyal fans who were looking the one game which doesn’t.

The problem isn’t a 2 point increase in stats – the problem is that the very same people who have already started getting bored because they rushed through content and spend hours and hours on getting legendaries will be bored again in no time. And then we’ll need another increase in stats to pacify those people, only to have them getting bored again a few weeks later…it’s a vicious circle.

That happens in every game, even MMO.

Welcome to reality.

Yes! Like for example in GW1…. oh! wait…

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Didn’t Guild Wars 1 have a gate stat that prevented players from advancing into the final parts of Prophecies.

Yes. Yes, they did. And it was fine.

No they had one mechanic that made it so you had to complete one of the missions before you did the later ones. Any gear could be infused, even your started gear. You didn’t need to grind out a dungeon to get the absolute best gear, after already grinding to get the old absolute best gear thinking that was the best gear, and then get that infused.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

I do not like the exalted gear they will be adding. In fact, the most recent update about it in the news section of this website only confirms what I was unhappy about.

It is gear with better stats and with infusion slots that you will need for future endgame content. It says this literally in that article.

This means that you need specific gear to do specific endgame content. This is a typical sign of a gear treadmill. It also makes current gear, including craftable gear obsolete because the stats are less and there are no infusion slots in it. Again, typical of a gear treadmill.

I am not screaming that the world is ending, but I am saying that I am not happy with this.

And let’s be honest. A fair amount of people were shouting for a carrot and Anet caved to that. They call it listening to their community (although obviously only a part of the community) and now that the tables are turned, we are supposed to stay silent about it?

I don’t like these changes and I think Anet are abandoning one of the core principles. That last part is actually the most worrying to me. You see, as much as I like the GW world there are others out there and why should I play GW2 instead of another game? The reasons for this just became lessened by this new approach. For me it cheapens the game. I as expecting new gear, new places to go, new puzzles etc. A new tier of gear was not what I expected.

I am not going to sit and wait. I will explain this here and Anet knows they will lose a number of players over this. It’s a gamble for them. Personally, I will decide after this patch comes out. This weekend will be telling for me, but as it’s a phased release (only rings right now I guess) it will become more and more clear what will happen.

I will look for the following in the near future:

LF2M for Arah – must have Exalted gear
WvW imbalances
Another tier of gear

They are smart enough to do it bit by bit, but as soon as this type of stuff really starts hitting, it will be my signal to leave this game.

It could be that other people will stay because of it, but I decided to play this game because it wasn’t like other MMOs. This will change that because endgame carrot hunting was one of the things I hated about traditional MMOs.

So not rage, but disappointment. And I am entitled to give my opinion, so don’t tell me to shut up or something. I will complain about this till my decision is final. If I do get to the point that I no longer play GW2, I will also no longer post here.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: PhiLL.1746

PhiLL.1746

Agreed, people are way in over their heads. Like always, whiny brats. It’s sad, it really is.

In order to be heard, you have to make a noise.

So long as you know what you’re really shouting about ^^

And we’ll “exactly” know that in 2 days, so people whining in advance is quite ridiculous. :p

There is a blog post.
What it says is that there will be a new tier of gear with higher stats than exotics.
If there are other things about it they didnt say, it is ALSO their fault. They should write better their blogposts.
We MUST say what we think about the idea this blogpost brings.

Posted by: grondag.7810

grondag.7810

Another unhappy customer here. I enjoy playing WvW and the fact that legendary items and ascended will now give a stat advantage coupled with the insane grind it takes to get them means that people who can play only 5-10 hours a week like me will be at a permanent disadvantage. Also don’t like that the new content appears to be gated by grinding for infusions and ascended.

If anet goes ahead with this then there needs to be a less grindy way, hopefully soloable if one has to play at odd hours or for short periods, to get to stat parity, just like it is for exotics now. Trouble there is that it would anger everyone who did the insane grind for legendaries already.

I’ll stick around for a bit to see how it plays out, but I think this may be the excuse I needed to set aside MMOs for several years, yet again.

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

Absolutely disgusted by this. I bought the game because I was fed up of gear treadmills and after 7 years of GW1 not having one and the developers saying they wouldn’t put in one you would think there wouldn’t be one.

But nope, they didn’t have the balls to stick through with it for longer then 3 months and are having to go the WoW clone way. I don’t know why so many developers decide to do WoW clones when every single one has failed.

Absolutely disgusted by this. What about all the Karma I spent on exotics? What about all the time and money spent maxing crafting disciplines to get other exotics? Worthless now as we have to go into dungeons to get ever increasing stats. I’d care more but it looks like I am stopping playing with the next patch.

GW1 for 7 years, can’t even get GW2 to 7 months.

Combat is different than WoW.
Questing is different than WoW.
Dynamic Events is different than WoW.
WvWvW is different than WoW.
Quickbars are different than WoW.
Being in multiple guilds is different than WoW.
Dungeons are slightly different than WoW.
Crafting is different than WoW.
There are no raids in Guild Wars 2

I could go on if I took the time, but I am sure you get my point that Guild Wars 2 is nothing like a WoW Clone.

Just because they add one thing that ALL other mmo’s have dosen’t make it World of Warcraft. Stop using that term WoW Clone because you are using it incorrectly.

Also there are several WoW Clones that are doing just fine.
Rift is a good example. Also Lord of the Rings Online, D&D isn’t doing too bad. Heck even Star Wars: The Old Republic will be getting a player boost here because of goint F2P. (SWTOR is a wildcard though).

So before you spout off something that is untrue, please learn the facts.

*Edit, and don’t forget how actaully lucky you are that you have the choice to go back and play Guild Wars 1 because the servers are still open. And then you wouldn’t have to deal with any type of gear progression.

(edited by MrLee.6892)

Posted by: Riduy.1682

Riduy.1682

Sounds like, sometimes you get Ascended, sometimes you get one with a free Infusion in it. I could be wrong.

Posted by: Loumy.7841

Loumy.7841

Bottom line, ArenaNet needs to keep people playing.

Do you honestly think this move, which is clearly pissing off masses of players, is going to keep people playing let alone putting money in to the game…?

I tend to find business practices that are completely the opposite of what your own company president promised are not the most reliable ways of making money.

I’d challenge you to find a quick fix to stop the bleeding that I assert is going on with the player base besides gear.

What “bleed”? Where are you even getting these notions from…?

Experience.

When something that’s a core philosophy changes so very quickly there’s typically something behind the scenes that is forcing that change.

Typically it has to do with money. Sure, it’s a guess, but an educated and experienced one. Things don’t just “change” because things are working. Something in their model clearly isn’t working, and they’ve decided on this course of action to right whatever is wrong.

I agree, and I actually wouldn’t mind paying some real money as an alternative to grind dungeons.

Posted by: Godomir.7159

Godomir.7159

FWIW, I totally agree. I hate how dungeon-centric GW2 is. I anticipate the proposed mystic forge recipe will involve a dungeon “gift”, based on ANets recent behavior in this regard.

Trying to force dungeon grind seems to be the only idea they have for “improving” the endgame.

I absolutely agree with this guy.

GW2 was rich because can offer a lot of different ways to obtain same weapon/gear (solo, karma, wvsw, dungeon, crafting). And now it breaks all that to force a player to be a wow raider.

Sure if in Mystic Forge we can obtain the rings they will require some “item” only obtainable in the dungeon itself.

Posted by: Cenobite.2769

Cenobite.2769

No new vertical tiers. If this bollocks gets released as-is, I’m going back to DDO.

(Actually, I’m going back to DDO RIGHT NOW. I’ll check in with GW2 in a few days to see what’s happened. If we have a new tier of stats, I ain’t coming back. Because if you can’t trust the devs to stick by their fething MISSION STATEMENT, well…)

Posted by: Wintyre Fraust.6534

Wintyre Fraust.6534

“The new additions in November are just the start of our item progression initiative.”

Well, I’ve got to hand it to ANET .. talk about an epic “bait and switch”! Holy cow.

Posted by: Bardes.1870

Bardes.1870

vysaek.8290 – you must have missed where i also said “from what I read on the blog post this is what it looks like”

There is information out there, and the information doesn’t look promising. Hey at the end of the day its a FTP game that I enjoy playing with the family. One of the reasons we decided to play it was no gear progression. if that changes and gear progression becomes the norm, we will just find another game, or something else to do.

No one is “raging” stating an opposing opinion is just that, stating an opposing opinion. Sitting back and not saying anything, considering we enjoy playing, would accomplish nothing.

There is information, ok. But the WHOLE information or only a tiny bit?

And what does acomplish stating an oposition in something you dont fully dont know? they only added a preview of what it is going to come and you are all jugding it event without knowing the whole thing! Even without testing it! Its like a baby cry for eating something you dont like, and you event had a taste yet.

There are too many mmorpg doing this or similar systems. Many “haters” here have already tasted enough.

Posted by: Amulrei.4973

Amulrei.4973

We are not sure yet what will happen. Let us, again, wait, and see.

I don’t want to say bad things about ANet yet because I’m not sure how this new mechanic and new items work until I experience them. I don’t want to whine without any valid reason/proof. Don’t judge the book by its cover, they say. :/

The problem is once the system goes in, its going to be a hell of a lot harder to dig out. Better to try and trigger an outbreak of common sense now then later.

Posted by: Kaaqeli.5108

Kaaqeli.5108

Ok cool. I was afraid there was some glaring problem I couldn’t see.

There is a glaring problem: the game was always advertised as one without gear treadmill, but just 2 months after release, gear grind is introduced.
A lot of people playing GW2 chose the game because it promised no such treadmil and experience different from other MMOs.

If we wanted to play game with gear treadmil, we would play one of tons of games on the market, many of which do it better and have f.e. better support, in-game support, account restoration, re-imburesement in case of bugs etc.

I dont understand this statement. So your saying the ONLY reason to play GW2 is the no gear progression? What if someone loves the combat of gw2 over WoW but also wants gear progression? For the record I am not infavor of one way or the other I just dont care for this statement.

^THIS(Usually don’t like using this phrase, but for this one time I’ll allow myself to use it) Seriously, I don’t see the point of all these rage comments. Get over it. Best patch so far. I never played WoW and I still thinks this adds some diversity to the game. Exotics are just too easy to obtain.

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Agreed, people are way in over their heads. Like always, whiny brats. It’s sad, it really is.

And we’ll “exactly” know that in 2 days, so people whining in advance is quite ridiculous. :p

Amen to that.

People “exactly” know what they are upset about now. Are you unclear what they are upset about? No need to wait two days when the problem is quite clearly posted in a blog post.

Posted by: everydaygamer.2613

everydaygamer.2613

ascended gear is only needed to do harder versions of 1 dungeon and you get the gear from that dungeon. therefore you only need the gear if you intend to do harder versions of that 1 dungeon.

Posted by: Flynch.6034

Flynch.6034

There is a blog post.
What it says is that there will be a new tier of gear with higher stats than exotics.
If there are other things about it they didnt say, it is ALSO their fault. They should write better their blogposts.
We MUST say what we think about the idea this blogpost brings.

I agree with you. But currently it’s mass hysteria. Through Anet’s fault or not, people need to calm the kitten down for anyone to be taken seriously.

I don’t want to sound like a hippy, but going so mentally negative over something that is clearly ambiguous is a terrifying attribute for anyone to have.

But welcome to the internets i guess…

Posted by: kellian.9712

kellian.9712

vysaek.8290 – you must have missed where i also said “from what I read on the blog post this is what it looks like”

There is information out there, and the information doesn’t look promising. Hey at the end of the day its a FTP game that I enjoy playing with the family. One of the reasons we decided to play it was no gear progression. if that changes and gear progression becomes the norm, we will just find another game, or something else to do.

No one is “raging” stating an opposing opinion is just that, stating an opposing opinion. Sitting back and not saying anything, considering we enjoy playing, would accomplish nothing.

There is information, ok. But the WHOLE information or only a tiny bit?

And what does acomplish stating an oposition in something you dont fully dont know? they only added a preview of what it is going to come and you are all jugding it event without knowing the whole thing! Even without testing it! Its like a baby cry for eating something you dont like, and you event had a taste yet.

But again your wrong, I have tried this system in LOTRO, its basically the EXACT SAME SYSTEM they tried with radiance gear. Furthermore, as you can see the links others have posted it is clearly stated that this is just the beginning.

Are we really arguing about facts now? Anet releases a blog that clearly states this is just the beginning of all of this, how much more information does one need to form an opinion? This was a game that was supposed to have no gear progression, that is what they said and part of why we bought the game. Now they are doing something different.

pretty sure I have all the information I need, but I’m willing to see what the Dev’s say. Maybe they change their mind (probably not), maybe they change how it’s implemented (probably not). That’s why I’m waiting to see what they say, maybe they have a change of heart (again probably not)…but I like the game enough to give them a chance.

Posted by: Crackbone.5710

Crackbone.5710

Complaining about the method of delivery is akin to complaining about the end result.

No, it is not.
Pie is one thing. How you eat it, is another one.

Touche.

I’d challenge you to find a quick fix to stop the bleeding that I assert is going on with the player base besides gear.

What I truly believe is this.

ArenaNet underestimated the speed at which the players would plow through the content. Their solution is Ascended gear and (to placate those wanting progression), Infusions (to gate the content and slow down the players).

Why developers continue to believe they can produce content that will “sufficiently challenge” the players to play at the speed they want them to is beyond me, but that’s another discussion for another time.

the worst part is that I fully agree with you.

But that doesn’t change the fact this game can not simply come back on the core principle they sold their game on.
Not after a mere few months.

There could be created different incentives to keep players playing, but the first one they picked is the one they should have resorted to last…

Perhaps.

However every other change I could think of in this pea brain of mine would involve much more time in preparation. (Balancing, etc)

This is a stopgap measure to stop what I think is a major reduction in active players. They looked at their data from those who’ve left and I’ll bet you a dollar to a donut that the lack of endgame progression was by far the largest reason people cited as to why they left.

Posted by: Haroshia.9358

Haroshia.9358

Hey all. I’m seeing a lot of rage posts about the upcoming addition of a higher tier of gear, and a lot of anti-rage posts who are for it. I figured I’d drop in here however, and explain a concept that I believe has relevance. I want to talk today about the concept of Market Positioning, and how it contributes to brand identity. If you are bored by serious business marketing speak, please go to another thread.

“Market positioning” is the idea that you can create a certain image for your company to appeal to a target market. This gives your brand a unique identity, which allows it to prosper in markets with a lot of competition. A good example of market positioning outside of the video game world is the auto industry. Cadillac has positioned itself as a luxury auto company, and Honda has positioned itself as a rather frugal and efficient auto company, where Volkswagon has used marketing to bill themselves as reliable and “fun”. They’ve built identities for themselves that allow them to prosper despite there being a ton of auto manufacturers.

How does this apply to this situation? Well it’s rather simple. Let’s imagine the MMO market as a sort of grid with two axis. On the horizontal axis, you have two sides. On the left, you have “casual (no gear grind, no timesinks, no gated content, low death penalty)”, and on the far right you have "hardcore (grinding for gear, high death penalty, large time investment required, heavily gated content) " . Then on the vertical axis, let’s imagine another axis, which on the bottom will have “PvP Focus” and on the top “PvE Focus”. I think using these axis, you can place pretty much every MMO in existence. EVE Online would be far in the lower right quadrant, making it “Hardcore/PvP Focused”. Many of the Korean MMOs would be very far to the right, and less far towards the top, making them “Extremely Hardcore, PvE Focused”. If you think about it, I’m sure you can think of places to put other MMOs on the grid.

Why is this relevant? Well quite simply, without a focused market niche, your MMO will die. This has been shown time and time again over the years as MMOs have risen and fallen by trying to occupy the same niche an existing product sits in and getting slapped down. It’s extremely rare that an MMO can be successful unless it sits in its own niche. To show the progression everybody knows…Ultima Online was a “Hardcore, PvP Focused” MMO. Then EQ came along, and had a still somewhat hardcore, but PvE Focus. This appealed to a different set of MMO gamers, who jumped ship because they enjoyed the more relaxing PvE aspects and didn’t want to deal with the PvP. UO reacted, changing their initial vision and alienating the customers they had left who enjoyed their product.

WoW then came along, and made a more casual PvE focused MMO, and appealed to the crowd that was enjoying EQ, but didn’t have time for the grind. Given that many MMO players were aging and getting more responsibilities, this lead to quite a few of them jumping ship. WoW then expanded its capabilities to include more PvP content, and more hardcore content. It saw that this hardcore content was alienating the players, so it made a model where the hardcore players got access to the content FIRST, but it was still accessible over time to the more casual players. It’s a very balanced approach, and has helped them become the most successful MMO over time. They have a very large blob on the graph.

How does this apply to GW2? Well I think part of the reason for GW2’s success is they promised to be very far into the casual side of things. If I were to classify them, I’d say they’re very far to the left of the graph, and slightly lower on the axis, making it “Extremely casual, slightly PvP focused” Upgrades being cosmetic only means that players like me who have responsibilities in their lives can step away from the game for a bit, and come back without fear of falling behind. They can enjoy the content at their own pace, and do what you find fun. This is extremely unique, and in my opinion is driven by ANet not really needing to hook players with the addictive Skinner Box (google it) of gear progression due to having no subscription fee. This puts them in a very nice niche, and if this vision isn’t compromised, gives them a very loyal customer base. Put simply, there is no other game out there that does this.

Boors, Sanctum of Rall, Officer, [Choo]

Posted by: Haroshia.9358

Haroshia.9358

(continued from above)

Yet they seem to be intent on compromising their vision. With the introduction of a tiered gear system, no matter how low the tiers might seem now, the game moves itself further to the right on the graph. Every inch they inch towards the “hardcore” category is customers they will lose from their target market, while only temporarily gaining customers from the more hardcore crowd. They will drop in, consume the content, and go back to their games saying “Yeah it was fun but there just wasn’t enough to do.” There are so many games that provide a more hardcore experience, GW2 does NOT need to become one more, and can not if it wants to continue to survive in the competitive MMO market.

Please Arenanet, I urge you to reconsider the inclusion of tiered gear systems. I know nothing can be done about these few changes now for the upcoming content, but please think about the continued health of your company and the importance of your brand identity. You have made many loyal customers by daring to do something different in this massive MMO market, and it pains me to think you might now be compromising your vision because you believe you need to compete with those other games. Be true to yourself, and make the game you promised.

Thank you.

Boors, Sanctum of Rall, Officer, [Choo]

Posted by: Wintyre Fraust.6534

Wintyre Fraust.6534

If “the whole game is the end game”, then where are all the new 2-79 gear sets?

Posted by: Celesica.5790

Celesica.5790

I couldn’t vote simply because…. I don’t know how these Ascended stuff and Infusion work yet. I don’t want to assume if I haven’t played them first.

GAMERS play the game then review. RAGE QUITTING just because of speculations is totally meaningless. Lol.

I’m going to try the new thing first then see how it affects the gameplay and what people are ASSUMING here are true.

Then I’m going to vote after that, OKAY?

But haven’t you heard? Knee jerk reactions are the in thing now!!

I’m afraid some people killed themselves already because they heard the world will end on Dec. 21, 2012. Oh noes!

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

It is lazy design for sure. It’s a quick, artificial difficulty boost as it’s cheaper than spending development time designing a real challenge.
This way, they don’t have to come up with new ideas, new puzzles, more intelligent AI. Just slap an arbitrary condition in the game and you have masses of “new content”.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Flynch.6034

Flynch.6034

Amen to that.

People “exactly” know what they are upset about now. Are you unclear what they are upset about? No need to wait two days when the problem is quite clearly posted in a blog post.

People are angry about a lot of things at the moment. Some are angry about gear progression treadmills, some are angry about gated content etc etc

Fact is, they are either right or they are wrong. They may know exactly what aspect of a game they are angry about, but they do not know exactly how that aspect of a game is going to be implemented in this particular one.

Posted by: DrCereal.1765

DrCereal.1765

Absolutely not. A new tier of gear, making current end-game gear obsolete, two months after release???!? When Anet said they didn’t want to be like other MMOs, they never mentioned they wanted to be worse. Not even WoW made gear obsolete on a two-month schedule…

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

Oh nooooo, I wont be able to progress to the deepest parts of the optional dungeon without the new armor which is only useful for this dungeon…. This game sucks omg you are tearing me apart Anet.

Its like all logic goes out the window when people come onto these forums.

l2read. The stats will work everywhere.

https://d2vn94glaxzkz3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Ascended-EN.png

Oh yeah, I forgot how much of a difference that extra 3 precision will make. Oh and cant forget that MF buff.

Power 68 vs 63 = 7.94% increase in Power

Precision 68 vs 63 = 7.94% increase in Precision

Magic Find 10 vs 7 = 42.86% increase in Magic Find

So lets say a person get all pieces, that’s a nearly 8% increase in combat stats and a nearly 43% increase in magic find.

Not so little when you use percentages.

8% is not much at all considering all of the special effects some runes have that would make using infusions not worth it. And who cares about MF anyways, unless youre farming Orr all day I find it to be a useless stat.

They deceptively showed only the MF one for the very response you have given. MF is the primary stat on those two pieces of jewelery, the other two stats are secondary.

Posted by: Cantide Colorless.7048

Cantide Colorless.7048

Yes for new looking gear / (or stat combinations). Big no for that gear having greater stats. No for having to grind out defense against a death timer.

Posted by: Murdernickle.7590

Murdernickle.7590

We know what this thread is about and the point is we don’t like it. Here’s hoping that you’ll actually listen to feedback.

Maguuma | Ione Nightshade: Thief | Ione Oleander: Warrior | Ione Cheval: Mesmer

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

Will this be a trend of limiting players from being able to run content? I remember I was in TERA, and this was exactly what happened. People right away got kicked if they weren’t wearing the latest gear and we haven’t even started the dungeon yet. I thought it will be different in GW2, but I guess now we’re reverting back to the same formula…

Posted by: naka.8457

naka.8457

things is:
one former happy costumer, which get srsly angry – pulls away at least 10 possible other costumers.
(that what u learn right at the start on every marketing-education)

keeping ur brand strong and ur costumers happy is what makes a brand running and succesfull.
unfortunally NCsoft have allrdy damaged their brand to the max in the west with the Aion-Fall extremly. I thought they would have at least learned from that and locked away that super monkey kitten who killed that game for the west. But the way it seems atm, they transferd that one straight into ArenaNet =x

Posted by: Aelelan.1639

Aelelan.1639

I don’t understand – this shouldn’t affect the Fractals dungeon. Hopefully, you complete the 9 Fractals of the dungeon and when you start REPEATING the content you start to encounter the gear problem. In that case, what have you missed out on? You’ve seen all the content. There was nothing you couldn’t see without only exotics but once you started to repeat the 9 fractals you need to have the gear. There’s no gating to content because the content is available regardless whether or not you have Ascended gear.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Remember that one that started collapsing because of that easily farmed event in the Mad Kings Zone? The even that resulted in an emergency fix where they nerfed the chest to the point it was no longer worth doing the event?

Wonder how everybody is going to feel when they can’t sell their exotics because of all the new ascended armour coming in over the next few content updates. To forget peoples reaction to it that easily you would think it hadn’t happened only last month.

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Design wise, it seems like a really bad idea. I hope it’s not going to be though.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Posted by: Metafrank.9017

Metafrank.9017

I read that sentence as an sarcastic insult to the face of every person who followed this company for 7 years.

The Spirit of Guild Wars
† November 16th, 2012

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I don’t like these changes and I think Anet are abandoning one of the core principles. That last part is actually the most worrying to me. You see, as much as I like the GW world there are others out there and why should I play GW2 instead of another game? The reasons for this just became lessened by this new approach. For me it cheapens the game. I as expecting new gear, new places to go, new puzzles etc. A new tier of gear was not what I expected.

I also hoped the new puzzles jumps etc … I understands the bitterness felt … But I just hope qu’Arena include net was not expected to WoW armor …

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: Shados.1306

Shados.1306

Its silly. Position yourself as a “no gear grind” game. A large amount of people who WANT one quit, leaving a large concentration of people who don’t.

Then add a gear grind. A few (but very few, as they already moved on) people come back. What happen to the rest?

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

i know i love being lied to by people i’ve spent hundreds of dollars of investment on based on a particular core selling point!

don’t you love being lied to?

hey guys, don’t we all love being lied to?

maybe we should all shut up and enjoy being lied to here!

hey maybe we should go one step further. and say thank you for lying to us! yes that’s a grand idea

thank you ncsoft for scamming me out of hundreds of dollars based on a single core selling point, then within 3 months doing the opposite of that selling point. you guys are just the best!

You are unable to take the time to wait to see if you have been lied to, yet you’re perfectly willing to chastise them for ‘scamming’ you out of hundreds of dollars?

Just relax a bit will you. If you have that sort of disposable income, you could at least use common sense.

is the blog post lying then?

certain anet cm implied the news outlets were the ones lying, and they turned out to be completely correct.

at what point is it valid to say they have lied? 6 months from now when we have epic asceneded teir of gear above ascended?

or as of last night when they went back on their word about exotics being the highest stat budget gear in teh game?

who doesn’t love wow clones?

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

Don’t make me laugh. What have they done listening to us? Nothing. All the changes they have made was their own plan. But I wish, they were listening to players.

You could try looking at the other side of the coin with that comment.

People who have posted on the forums about being bored and tired of farming in Orr want more to do. Some people do want the gear treadmill.

So you could say that Yes they have indeed listened to us and they are giving us what we asked for.

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

It’s simple. I like WvW and once in awhile I’ll get in the mood for some solo PVE. But I don’t like dungeon grinds (especially with no dungeon finder to make it convenient) and I don’t intend to compete with people who have better gear than I do in WvW simply because they do like running dungeons.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

I am beyond disappointed. I feel betrayed by the years of pre-release information about no “gear grind” (give us a break, we aren’t stupid.. item progression IS gear grind). Years of development time I watched, waited and listened. To years of lies.

It’s crazy to feel this disappointed in a company but that is really how much trust I had put into these people, this company. Man, do I feel naive.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Stop whining for God’s sake, they just gave us some hints not the full system and people are QQing like hell. Just, wait, if it doesn’t work out I’m sure ANet will do something about it, can you just give it a shot before nerd-raging?
Thanks.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Great post, and I agree. They are alienating their dedicated core fan base in order to chase players who will never be satisfied with this game.

Posted by: tilt.4325

tilt.4325

We know what this thread is about and the point is we don’t like it. Here’s hoping that you’ll actually listen to feedback.

i actually like it

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

We totally understand that you are nervous what awaits you. But this is no reason to break our Community Code of Conduct. We removed several Off-Topic postings and links to pages, that are not related to Guild Wars 2 in any way.

We reopened the thread again, but please read our newest blogpost about the topic of the thread: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/. These are the most recent information about this topic. Thank you for you understanding.

You (Arena Net) know that these most recent information make things even worse? That’s why a lof us are complainig here.

Stop whining for God’s sake, they just gave us some hints not the full system and people are QQing like hell. Just, wait, if it doesn’t work out I’m sure ANet will do something about it, can you just give it a shot before nerd-raging?
Thanks.

Once the patch is out it would be too late to complain. Now is the time to show Arena Net that they are doing the wrong thing. We might not have all the information, but what we know so far doesn’t sount promising at all.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

(edited by nachtnebel.9168)

Posted by: Oluerim.7256

Oluerim.7256

Voted for not letting this game turning into a mess

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: Marvyra.1729

Marvyra.1729

How about you all wait for some freaking patch notes? Why would they state EVERY little detail in a blogpost, that’s ridiculous.

Why can’t you people just have patience, wait for the update and THEN post your feedback about it, now you are only exhausting yourselves on speculations, what’s the point. You don’t KNOW ANYTHING about this update except for the few words, ascended gear, lost isle, dungeon, sPvP map.