Sadly, an opportunity missed.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Menzzo Berranzan.8379

Menzzo Berranzan.8379

With the end cinematic showing by all accounts what most of us think is a waking dragon i cannot help but think there was a better idea. Having found the ley lines under Lion’s Arch and used all that energy for her evil purposes, surely the better route for the story would have been this.
The drill was opening up a portal to that fabled arena of evil, The Underworld. Scarlett heard a voice of madness in her head, it could so easily have been Dhumm.
We have enough dragons in the world, i want to see Terrorweb Dryders, Banished Dream Riders and Mindblade Spectres.

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

No.

We wanted Dragons. We got Dragons.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

No.

No.

We wanted Dragons. We got Scarlet.

Now, 15 monthes later, ANet remembered that this whole game was about those Elder Dragons, and that it was a mistake to ignore that.

Posted by: Jonny.6013

Jonny.6013

Hmm.

I like Dragons. I want more Dragons. But, I enjoyed the decidedly Dragon Free sidetrip through the Living Story.

I’m basically a reasonably happy camper.

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Are we still talking about GW2 or Skyrim? lol

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

No.

No.

Now, 15 monthes later, ANet remembered that this whole game was about those Elder Dragons, and that it was a mistake to ignore that.

Well, there are only six dragons, so if we blow through them all in five years wouldn’t that kind of limit further plot? I mean, it’d be like Lost being about getting back to the island after they got off it successfully.

. . . wait . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

No.

No.

Well, there are only six dragons, so if we blow through them all in five years wouldn’t that kind of limit further plot? I mean, it’d be like Lost being about getting back to the island after they got off it successfully.

. . . wait . . .

Look at the game and the LS, how long do you expect there will be enough people around to do all the zerg stuff? Seriously.
They better hurry with the dragons, or there will be noone left to kill the last few ones…

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The drill was opening up a portal to that fabled arena of evil, The Underworld.

Ummm, you can’t drill your way to The Underworld. Just because it’s called “under world” doesn’t mean you can drill down to get there.

Think of The Underworld like the underground government, the black market, etc. They exist but you can’t start digging to get there.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Look at the game and the LS, how long do you expect there will be enough people around to do all the zerg stuff? Seriously.
They better hurry with the dragons, or there will be noone left to kill the last few ones…

Seriously? As many people as I could find to do Zaishen Quests before. That is, “enough to get the job done”.

Though, thanks to my work schedule, I’ll still probably get shut out of anything other than nibbling daily achievements to complete the meta.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.