Share your data about perceived strange drop behavior here!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

The above thread sounds like a ad for bots in gw2. Taking all the bots out of game apparently ruined the game? Darn arenanet for doing their job and getting rid of bots/rmt who support terrorist organizations, credit card theft, identity theft, and hacked accounts.

That’s not what I was getting at at all. Bots are bad, and everyone can agree with that. However, bad or not, removing so many bots so quickly, removed an enormous part of in the supply chain and was devastating to the economy. 35000 bots, which if they’re running 24/7 is probably the equivalent to close to 150,000 player accounts, all putting stuff on the TP. Many people keep all their craftable stuff, so in reality, this may likely be equivalent to even more players than that. Added to that, the DR to prevent farming and reduced drops that still plague many people, including myself, I would argue it was a knee-jerk reaction and not well thought out what the consequences would be. Perhaps the current TP is what they had envisioned all along and the bots had broken it. I do know the game is a far cry from what it was when I first started playing it…and that is the main problem many people have. This is not the same game I bought.

35000 bots at one time…really? The bots should never have been allowed to get to that level to begin with…that is entirely on ArenaNet and it’s the player base that is paying the price.

Really, 3 blues and a green gem for the Megadestroyer? Literally less than one can make on a single mid-level ore node. I can go to Orr and make more on porous bones in ten minutes. This can’t be intended behavior and is just plain chinsy for the sake of it. It’s a boss event for god’s sake!!! People will eventually get fed up with it. At least two other people on the event with me only got blues. Wasn’t this one the contributing factors to D3’s failure? Horrible drop rates?

A 12G day? OMG, I can’t even comprehend a 12G day. If I sold everything that dropped on a good day in Orr, including mats, I might see 3G…on a bad day, easily less than 50s. And that doing 8-12 events. Ask yourself…“Would you be OK with drop rates like this?”

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

I am sure I don’t make 10g for that amount of events (I didn’t count it yet)… but I am convinced that no one would complain if we would earn similarly.

Have you ever thought about a minimum amount of money you would be happy about? Let say for the same events, you sell your stuff and would get ~ 1 – 2 g. Would that be okay for you, too?

Money actually isn’t the issue ~ for the most part, people would be happy if they could reasonably farm the components for whichever exotic (usually legendary) they desire for their characters. Instead people need to farm 1000G + to BUY those components and there-in lies the problem. Fix lodestone drops properly, fix precursor acquisition, and complaints would decline.

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

I know….let’s tax those evil 12g a day people and give it to us 1g a day people to “redistribute the wealth”!

wink wink, ducks and runs

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Depends on your goals?
I am not interested in legendaries.
Maybe one day I will have enough stuff to get something like “vision of the mists”.. but I do not care if and when it happens.

Usually I do not sell my material/ components (unless I have one or more stacks of it), and sometimes I need them to craft for myself.

But I do need some money. For example to buy/ craft a few exotic armor pieces for my characters (for the skin.. I know I could get them for “free” for karma^^), sometimes I buy some T2 cultural pieces..

What I wanted to say:
As for my part the complaint is not about the legendary stuff. These are so beyond reach I do not even consider to get one ever. ^^

Leamas.5803

Depends on your goals?
I am not interested in legendaries.
Maybe one day I will have enough stuff to get something like “vision of the mists”.. but I do not care if and when it happens.

Agreed. I came to the realization last night that really don’t care if I get a legendary and have started to use up the nearly 300000 karma I had built up. I do like some of the fancy legendary skins, but a skin without stat bonus, is not worth the time or money.

Posted by: ChrisP.4386

ChrisP.4386

I have noticed an improvement in PvE drops from some events (got a rare from the Maw chest in Frostgorge), but their patch from last year which was supposed to ensure that Vets and Champs drop something worthwhile did not work. A can personally attest to many Champs and Vets dropping nothing. Zero, zilch, nada, nothing. There is definitely an issue in that aspect, even if the other is a ‘conspiracy.’

I also have (occasionally) gotten whites from the loot chests from mobs. Again…not working as intended.

Terryn Deathward
Footsteps of War [FoW]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Oh I should have added:

Personally I’ve found this patch improved rare drop rates for me. I had no less than 5 rares in 30 minutes the other evening and I’ve had rares drop across all my chars. It helps that pen/shelter is busy again….

However the wooden chests suggest that things are still not working as intended – I often have whites appear in the chests, and I have to wonder, how can we trust anets claim that their tests indicate nothing changed in drop rates when they cannot correctly code this new feature? Surely some piece of code is saying “if item >= uncommon: spawn (chest, item);” – wouldn’t their internal tests also be incorrectly flagging none rare components as rare….?

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I second that Navi.. At most I get 1-2g and that’s with the ‘increase’ in drops. I want some of Geotherma’s RNG/DR/Luck or whatever it is.

My point was that they made this thread, asked for concrete proof and then removed the ONLY way we could provide it (via a log file).
Again what am I missing?
I can’t think of a single exploit from saving the combat log to a file, like was available in the beta. It’s obviously a troubleshooting function.

I don’t think Leamas was implying that botting was a good thing. I do think he/she was saying that the economy was stable because of them and once they were removed problems occurred that hadn’t been compensated for.

I think they stated that the logs were against their belief that it’s supposed to be about skill, and did not want focus of players to be on how much they are dpsing etc. As it really doesn’t matter as much in GW2, because you need to dodge etc, it creates an elitism feel. Even if that’s not EVERY players intention it is guaranteed to be someones. Everything is geared in a way that your skill shows more than what your wearing, I think that’s why.

When I first hit level 80 at my first week, I was making about 1-2g an hour. Once I got better gear (rare to exotic, then full accs.) and understood what I needed to do to claim loot, it was much better. Ever since I’ve just stuck on food and went with it. Then the patch came for Orr and it was a big jump. Those bags are helping the economy get mats, and as far as me I mostly use the coin to help guild or host events like I did for the Valentine’s Event I created.

Also I’m on here a few times, I’ve uploaded 6 min videos of me grinding solo, pics of my drops for 8 runs, and things I notice since I tend to have more free time than most at the moment. Aka no life :P

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Geotherma.2395

Oh I should have added:

Personally I’ve found this patch improved rare drop rates for me. I had no less than 5 rares in 30 minutes the other evening and I’ve had rares drop across all my chars. It helps that pen/shelter is busy again….

However the wooden chests suggest that things are still not working as intended – I often have whites appear in the chests, and I have to wonder, how can we trust anets claim that their tests indicate nothing changed in drop rates when they cannot correctly code this new feature? Surely some piece of code is saying “if item >= uncommon: spawn (chest, item);” – wouldn’t their internal tests also be incorrectly flagging none rare components as rare….?

I’m trying to get a pic/vid of this but so far im almost positive there are 2 questionable chest drops:

1. grey junk + coin
1.Moldy bag only

If someone can just confirm that coin=rare or moldy bag=rare in some strange category that would help. I know it sounds stupid, and I do feel stupid, but I’ve grabbed the chest thinking it wouldn’t happen so no vid or pic.. then bam. I sit there with fraps on for an hour and it wont happen lol.. Makes me crazy :P I WILL get it lol…

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Leamas.5803

Also I’m on here a few times, I’ve uploaded 6 min videos of me grinding solo, pics of my drops for 8 runs, and things I notice since I tend to have more free time than most at the moment. Aka no life :P

LOL Sometimes, I wish I were back in the days where I had no life. :P

I don’t have a video of it, but I had a chest drop a spider leg at Shelter.

Geotherma.2395

LOL Sometimes, I wish I were back in the days where I had no life. :P

I don’t have a video of it, but I had a chest drop a spider leg at Shelter.

I GOT IT!!!! Uploading now lol!
There was no DR, I just entered zone killed a few things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3885FDH9tss&feature=youtu.be
Vid of vet giant dropping loot chest, chest opens to porous bones only.

Now where’s my cookie >:\ I take omnomberry bars as well.

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Posted by: themaster.9802

themaster.9802

5 Salvages of Exotic items with a BL Salvage kit produced about 2 ecto in total. Normally this would have gotten at least 10. Also rares seem to be producing less ecto than they used to about a month ago.

Leamas.5803

5 Salvages of Exotic items with a BL Salvage kit produced about 2 ecto in total. Normally this would have gotten at least 10. Also rares seem to be producing less ecto than they used to about a month ago.

I’d be kitten ! Unfortunately this is an all too common complaint around here. Drops are nerfed, salvage returns are nerfed…we’re in a pretty sad state these days.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I’d be kitten ! Unfortunately this is an all too common complaint around here. Drops are nerfed, salvage returns are nerfed…we’re in a pretty sad state these days.

I only really play in open world (its my favorite part of the game) I do the occasional dungeon get an odd rare or something, but for the hassle they’ve become i mostly ignore them, i do not PvP or WvW because i see no point and do not enjoy being griefed..

in open world see nothing in rare drops…at all, in over 1500 hours i’ve had one exotic drop (a gungir spear in orr) to me, this is unacceptable…why must i be forced to parts of this game to enjoy rewards everyone should be getting everywhere…

Honestly its just pushing me away from this game more and more…all these innovative applications Guildwars 2 had done to them weren’t that great to me that i’ll stay here for no world rewards..

I’ll see after Feb patch then determine where i’ll head..

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

Geotherma. Worst troll ever.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

There are a few issues with loot, things not dropping when they should, “good loot” chests dropping junk, change in the frequency of rare drops, magic find giving less drops for some, no longer able to level a character from loot alone, and so on.

The evidence is that there is an issue, but it appears the coding is so complicated that the problem does not immediately stand out. I have come to the conclusion that this problem may never be solved simply because it is too difficult to nail down a cause. We the users believe the issue is “diminished return” and with the rise of more people feeling the loot issues, and the passing comment that there were recent diminished return changes, it seems even more obvious.

Unfortunately because diminished return is a safety net, any changes to is are not publicised to protect it against people exploiting it to its limits. If all this is the result of diminished return we may never know, but it is driving people away, I myself am playing less because I log on and I know I am not going to have a good loot day.

Geotherma.2395

??

Leamas.5803

There are a few issues with loot, things not dropping when they should, “good loot” chests dropping junk, change in the frequency of rare drops, magic find giving less drops for some, no longer able to level a character from loot alone, and so on.

The evidence is that there is an issue, but it appears the coding is so complicated that the problem does not immediately stand out. I have come to the conclusion that this problem may never be solved simply because it is too difficult to nail down a cause. We the users believe the issue is “diminished return” and with the rise of more people feeling the loot issues, and the passing comment that there were recent diminished return changes, it seems even more obvious.

Unfortunately because diminished return is a safety net, any changes to is are not publicised to protect it against people exploiting it to its limits. If all this is the result of diminished return we may never know, but it is driving people away, I myself am playing less because I log on and I know I am not going to have a good loot day.

The problem I have with this is that I rarely, if ever, hit DR. Always ~17000 XP from cursed shore events, yet drops are all over the board, never any consistency. I had a couple good days last week with 3 rares per day, then last night…nothing at all. Megadestroyer…blues. I don’t think it’s DR, to me it looks like buggy loot tables or buggy RNG.

Navi.7142

Well, maybe/ obviously event DR and loot DR are not the same. ^^
Geotherma still received quite good loot (in his/ her vids) although event DR was triggered.

(edited by Navi.7142)

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/poss-loot-drop-fix-check-your-clocks/first#post1421336

This ^^^ thread suggests time differences are the cause of loot drop issues, and when checking my time against server time, my computers clock is 5 seconds faster than the server time. Since my computer time is set by the apple asia time server I am going to assume my time is correct give or take a second for lag etc…

Could this be the cause of all the loot issues, our computer time being off compared to server time? There are threads about other issues where the computers time vs server time was suspected to be the cause …

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/poss-loot-drop-fix-check-your-clocks/first#post1421336

This ^^^ thread suggests time differences are the cause of loot drop issues, and when checking my time against server time, my computers clock is 5 seconds faster than the server time. Since my computer time is set by the apple asia time server I am going to assume my time is correct give or take a second for lag etc…

Isn’t the server time on Seattle time? If we’re in different time zones what does that mean?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

??

You are, You keep coming in this thread with your claims of everything being all right, for you and “everyone I talk to”

If you aren’t experiencing loot problems, why not count yourself lucky and remove yourself from this discussion. I would say, of the posts in this thread claiming no loot issues, most of them are yours.

Why are you on a crusade to not see this issue fixed?

TBH, now I want “ignore user” fixed as well.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Spleen.7836

Spleen.7836

My only blues are mats when I’m doing penitent/shelter now. Rest are porous bones and metal scraps. I got 1 green in 1h, but I suppose it’s just my imagination.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

??

You are, You keep coming in this thread with your claims of everything being all right, for you and “everyone I talk to”

If you aren’t experiencing loot problems, why not count yourself lucky and remove yourself from this discussion. I would say, of the posts in this thread claiming no loot issues, most of them are yours.

I also have posted about my loot, which is quite good. I usually average 1-2 rares per event, sometimes zero, sometimes 4 rares per pent/shelt/Jofast. I’ve tried to offer any advice by telling people exactly what I do (flamethrower, full group, high magic find, change zones, go to WvW, etc). The information that me and the person you call a troll is actually quite helpful. It reveals any loot problems not to be an overall issue in the game that affects everyone, but an issue that only affects a selected population of players. If you can’t see the usefulness of this information, then you really have no business posting in this thread as you have nothing constructive to offer.

Geotherma.2395

??

Heres a spoonful of common sense for you. I’m not claiming everything is alright. I’ve ALREADY posted a clear 1080p video of the chests not working. I am posting unbiased information for people to see.

Secondly, you DO NOT make guesses based on “some” evidence, you get large amounts of data for best results. This is the very basics of science and technology that most everyone knows.

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
“Scientific inquiry is generally intended to be as objective as possible in order to reduce biased interpretations of results. Another basic expectation is to document, archive and share all data and methodology so they are available for careful scrutiny by other scientists, giving them the opportunity to verify results by attempting to reproduce them. This practice, called full disclosure, also allows statistical measures of the reliability of these data to be established (when data is sampled or compared to chance).”

You can feel free to scroll over my threads, but I paid for the game just as you, and I will contribute to this thread as I feel like. My pics, videos, are evidence-concretely so, which is what the thread asked for. I’m simply giving my experience as did others. The true troll is the person who tells the people who are doing well to not post, thus making this a biased thread.

Clearly you don’t understand that others have just as much of a right to contribute as you, and clearly you cannot see beyond your own opinion.

Posted by: Sojourner.8356

Sojourner.8356

I will just say this I came back to gw2 around january, go my toon to 80 and started running dungeons and dragons.
I never got 1 yellow item in dn’s or dragon chests only blue and from time to time green.
At the same time my guild budies get 2-3yellow from the same chests all the time and exo here and there.
After 2 weeks of daily dn running mostly ac and cof (all3 paths) not 1 yellow item has droped for me from chests. I don’t see the point of doing dn and open world events that give chest drops if I get the same (or better)drop from killing random mobs on open world. I get yellow drops but from normal mobs!
Sure I can get items for dn tokens but it would be nice to have some nice drop from time to time.
Now don’t get me wrong I get some nice penny from orri farming and seling mats I get in dn’s but everything else I need to buy on tp. Now I’m farming gold for corrupted weapons, I don’t think i will ever get the lodestones to drop from hotw or mobs.

(edited by Sojourner.8356)

Geotherma.2395

I will just say this I came back to gw2 around january, go my toon to 80 and started running dungeons and dragons.
I never got 1 yellow item in dn’s or dragon chests only blue and from time to time green.

At the same time my guild budies get 2-3yellow from the same chests all the time and exo here and there.
After 2 weeks of daily dn running mostly ac and cof (all3 paths) not 1 yellow item has droped for me from chests. I don’t see the point of doing dn and open world events that give chest drops if I get the same (or better)drop from killing random mobs on open world. I get yellow drops but from normal mobs!
Sure I can get items for dn tokens but it would be nice to have some nice drop from time to time.
Now don’t get me wrong I get some nice penny from orri farming and seling mats I get in dn’s but everything else I need to buy on tp. Now I’m farming gold for corrupted weapons, I don’t think i will ever get the lodestones to drop from hotw or mobs.

Sadly chest drops tend to seem even worse because the amount you experience is limited. Where you can see a somewhat average drop rate for events with many mobs for a better average, you would have to do hundreds of chest to really see what the average is. Even if the average is working as intended, for casual players they most likely aren’t seeing their time being worth it for dungeons and the dragon event chests etc. It might help to allow at least 1 high rarity item to drop per chest OR add something (special item-Karma item? Special armor/weapon piece for that dragon? Mystic Key?) that drops from chests 100% to make it worth the effort in case your normal drops are not so good from the chest.

Posted by: AllDryKhaki.4028

AllDryKhaki.4028

Hi so i entered after a long time not playing guild wars 2 and i went cursed shore farming. i was surprised because i got 6 gold in 1 hour alot of rares and an exotic. its been a week from that 6 gold and i had been playing regularly but i only recieved 2 rares after that day what is going on??

Posted by: Aproposs Of Fire.4056

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

??

Teofa & jwburks – I cannot agree. I believe that Geotherma’s posts are sincere, honest and helpful.

We know that the majority of players still have not (yet?) been “infected” by DR and/or loot issues. I think that dialogue from these folks is useful to this thread.

Beyond that, Geotherma posting vids of PvE chests dropping porous bones is relevant especially if ANet is still paying attention to this thread.

The posts from people like this are the opposite of troll posts.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Mystic key – they do not drop. I looted one from monster sometime around September.

Black Lion Salvage kit daily reward – it is not fair that my friend get 3 of those in one week and I get one of those once per 2 months. Could you make them less random? Like every 20th. completed daily will grant 100% chance to get this reward.

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

First world yellow in over a month, then back to the same old crap loot. It’s kind of interesting how these forums are starting to resemble the Occupy Wall Street movement. The ‘haves’ claim nothing is wrong, and that its the ‘have-not’s fault if they are poor…

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

Oy. Played for an hour. Nothing but nothing or junk. Stranger still? Dropped goodie bags had junk in them.

Does Anet want people to quit the game? Sure seems like it.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Geotherma.2395

Oy. Played for an hour. Nothing but nothing or junk. Stranger still? Dropped goodie bags had junk in them.

Does Anet want people to quit the game? Sure seems like it.

Bags, at least in Orr, should be opening up to mats. The Moldy Bags, salvageable items, gear drops, and coin drops is really what I’m looking for in Orr. Now that they have been increased, its even better. Assuming you don’t mind selling the mats rather than saving them. I’ve never opened a moldy bag to find “actual junk” only materials which sell quite well.

Also its not so much how long you play, but what your doing for that time.

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

This has been an interesting thread. The problem is that it’s mostly all anecdote. There’s no concrete anything in any part of this. I have played a little over 600 hours since release, and I have never gotten an exotic drop from the world until last night. I could very easily say that since the patch I’ve had better luck and it would mean just as diddly as people saying they’ve gotten less.

No one will take you seriously, that’s why the dev responded with such an offensive post, I’d imagine.

There may be a problem, there may not be one, but you won’t get it fixed if the entire argument is:
Person A: I haven’t gotten a rare in a month.
Person B: I got two this week.
Person A: Congratulations, champ, but since I didn’t it’s broken.

That is seriously the theme here. Some of you aren’t getting the same drops, and yet others say they are. That’s why no one can take you seriously. It’s anecdote. Anecdote is not truth. It’s filled with confirmation bias and skewed views.

Some of you keep responding about champions and veterans not dropping anything at all, and that’s obviously a separate matter. It has nothing to do with rates if they’re just broken and giving you nothing when the patch specifically says they should. There’s another thread just for that.

The only people who have any real data are the devs here. Unless you actually spent x hours a day for x weeks recording every action and the resulting reward prior to the patch, and then did the same for comparison after. But I bet nobody did that because why would we think to do that?

Since it involves botting asking the devs to see their data is not going to yield any results either. Maybe try running your own tests and numbers over the course of a few weeks and have something tangible to b ring to the table?

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

OK so i am starting to solve my DR problems.
The thing that interests me is the vast difference in perception of loot drops. The devs response is : “working as intended”. As there is such a vast difference i’m thinking that there are several parameters linked to DR:
After lots of testing on a certain “run” These are the findings that i have PERCEIVED:
The higher the “credit” for the kill the more chance for greater than green
MF does affect loot more likely to get a blue/green or crafting mat (or trash instead of nothing)
exploration bonus seems to affect the frequency of loot but not quality (more testing needed on this as i believe it does affect quality but its very difficult to exclusively test exploration bonus)
Loot Drops SEEM to diminish after 15 min
Doing Two events SEEM to reset the above timer

Geotherma.2395

This has been an interesting thread. The problem is that it’s mostly all anecdote. There’s no concrete anything in any part of this. I have played a little over 600 hours since release, and I have never gotten an exotic drop from the world until last night. I could very easily say that since the patch I’ve had better luck and it would mean just as diddly as people saying they’ve gotten less.

No one will take you seriously, that’s why the dev responded with such an offensive post, I’d imagine.

There may be a problem, there may not be one, but you won’t get it fixed if the entire argument is:
Person A: I haven’t gotten a rare in a month.
Person B: I got two this week.
Person A: Congratulations, champ, but since I didn’t it’s broken.

That is seriously the theme here. Some of you aren’t getting the same drops, and yet others say they are. That’s why no one can take you seriously. It’s anecdote. Anecdote is not truth. It’s filled with confirmation bias and skewed views.

Some of you keep responding about champions and veterans not dropping anything at all, and that’s obviously a separate matter. It has nothing to do with rates if they’re just broken and giving you nothing when the patch specifically says they should. There’s another thread just for that.

The only people who have any real data are the devs here. Unless you actually spent x hours a day for x weeks recording every action and the resulting reward prior to the patch, and then did the same for comparison after. But I bet nobody did that because why would we think to do that?

Since it involves botting asking the devs to see their data is not going to yield any results either. Maybe try running your own tests and numbers over the course of a few weeks and have something tangible to b ring to the table?

There are unbiased Videos and Screenshots of drops in this thread now. This included the video of a Loot Chest dropping a trash item. This is concrete evidence, not anecdote.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

There is a record of every action and every loot that drops; the combat log.
Unfortunately we are no longer allowed to create a local log file to send this information to the devs. Wouldn’t it save them a ton of time if those of us experiencing this issue/issues could simply save the log file and send it?

I think everyone is entitled to post their findings and help if possible. Just be respectful and mindful that each of us has their own experiences; some good, some bad, all relevant.
From all the threads, all over the sub-forums it would seem that there are a lot of variables that effect loot: proper tagging when in large groups of players, grouping with others, dps, LAG, map, mob, event, etc.
It could be that RNG is our only issue and that some accounts are seriously unlucky. Statistically speaking it could be that we don’t have a proper sample to prove otherwise. It could be that we need to tag and kill 100k + of the same mob to ensure that it is in fact a proper sample. Or it could be that 2000hrs would start to show a proper pattern. If in fact that is the answer then I would suggest a system that would balance out RNG per account.
The current system may work as intended however I ask how many players will you lose if in fact they play 1000hrs + and never see an exotic or a lodestone drop? This isn’t about making lots of gold; for some of us it’s about breaking even. I am breaking even unless I farm Orr with 1-2gold for 4 each Penitent/Shelter & nearby events.
But I don’t like doing that, farming for gold.
I like wandering the maps and discovering new places. Speaking to NPC’s and an event spawns. I like crafting. I like helping others, going to lower level maps and taking the time to find new things. I like going out to farm blood, bone, venom sacs, etc to make a new piece of armor or a weapon for an alt.
As it stands, I will keep my main in Orr to get gold to continue to play my way. And take an alt to discover. I’ll split my time between what I have to do to play and what I like to do to play.
If I no longer find it the least bit enjoyable I’ll take a break or move on.
Until then I just want to help, and hopefully find the reason it is such an issue for some and not others.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Leamas.5803

Since it involves botting asking the devs to see their data is not going to yield any results either. Maybe try running your own tests and numbers over the course of a few weeks and have something tangible to b ring to the table

The problem is that unless we record enormous videos, which the devs will never watch, there is no way to provide anything but anecdotal evidence. The devs were asked a number of times if they could provide tools and even asked what information they would like to see. No response. If the battle logs could be output to a file, I’m told it was possible in the beta days, so the code is probably still there, one could write a parser to crawl through the data and collate it in to something that could be put in to Excel to track trends. Without even this, we’re left with manually tracking, which is time consuming and error prone, at best. Also, the combat log appears to not record drops/loot as someone previously indicated…so the data is incomplete, hence useless anyway. It would also be a jumbled mess for anyone using AOE as damage to several mobs would be all mixed together.

What would truly be useful is if mobs were indexed and exact drops per mob recorded…AND the ability to save said file. This way the order int the log would not matter and it could easily be parsed. This should not be a difficult thing as they have to have of such information in the background anyway. It’s just not displayed.

There is simply no problem, some people are lucky, other are not, and this thread is nothing more than a convenient place for people to vent. There is no issue, they simply nerfed the loot, and some people are just lucky. Attend any boss event. No one links stuff in to chat anymore…because no one is getting anything. For every person who’s complains about this on the forums, there are probably 100’s who can’t be bothered to complain and some simply leave the game. This is most apparent in higher mid-level areas, which tend to sparsely populated at the best of times.

Infernia.9847

Just trying to show what my combat log has… unfortunately I don’t have anything BUT received loot showing… strange. Gonna’ see if I can tinker with settings and see everything again.

Attachments:

Posted by: robertszak.9037

robertszak.9037

I zoned in for the Shatterer 30 minutes prior to the pre-event. Did a couple of random events, then the turn in the siege weapon parts event. Killed the dragon and received 5 blues and 2 medallions.

Is this intended with the new DR on the dragons? Been getting a lot of this.

Leamas.5803

I zoned in for the Shatterer 30 minutes prior to the pre-event. Did a couple of random events, then the turn in the siege weapon parts event. Killed the dragon and received 5 blues and 2 medallions.

Is this intended with the new DR on the dragons? Been getting a lot of this.

Claw of Jormag, similar behavior, Megadestroyer, again similar. It seems boss chests have fallen victim to a mega-nerf. You can make vastly more in less time collecting resources in open world. Of all the chest-giving bosses/champions I’ve done in the last month or so,

• Claw of Jormag 4-5 times (Great event, too bad the rewards usually suck)
  • Shatterer 3 times
  • Megadestroyer once
  • Thumanova Fire Elemental twice (Great event of dodge training)
  • Hidden champion boss at Thumanova once
  • High Orrian wizard (Promenade of the Gods in Orr) 2-3 times
  • Champion Risen King (Noose Road, Orr) twice

All told, 15-17 chests of various sizes and event difficulties. These are the ones I remember doing. There were perhaps more, in any case, however many more there were, I received one rare piece of gear (Not a crest), that was from the Claw of Jormag long before the January patch. I don’t consider crests rare gear. They’re nothing more than worthless token rares that aren’t even as valuable as most greens. Yes, I tend to remember exactly when and where I get rares since they drop so incredibly infrequently for me.

Something that I’m not sure has been tested is switching guilds. I’m going to switch to a guild with a more active membership. I’m wondering if guild members in inactive guilds or solo players take a hit on loot drops.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Geotherma.2395

Just trying to show what my combat log has… unfortunately I don’t have anything BUT received loot showing… strange. Gonna’ see if I can tinker with settings and see everything again.

Make sure you “check” the Combat + Game Messages. That’s what i did for my vid and stretched it to show most of the damage. Unfortunately I couldn’t stretch it far enough to see the whole chat info without taking an additional screen shot or scrolling through.

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/poss-loot-drop-fix-check-your-clocks/1424768
“If you’re not receiving loot from a champ/vet, it’s most likely because you’re not getting kill credit. We’re currently working on some improvements to this so that it will be easier to get rewards when you kill a creature.”

Solo kill is not enough or they don’t event check our words :]

What do you think? How much loot we will have from them? 0*5 or 0/5?

English is not my native language, sorry :<

(edited by ezd.6359)

Leamas.5803

Make sure you “check” the Combat + Game Messages. That’s what i did for my vid and stretched it to show most of the damage. Unfortunately I couldn’t stretch it far enough to see the whole chat info without taking an additional screen shot or scrolling through.

Thanks. Didn’t realize there were options there. Still not of huge use, especially where you can’t capture it. Where mobs are not indexed and and where you cannot specifically attribute a particular drop to a given MOB is also not very helpful.

Navi.7142

Hey everyone, I’m here to help clear up some of the confusion on this issue!

First, our apologies for the inaccurate response: your system clock does not affect your loot drops (sorry, conspiracy theorists). We’ve corrected this information for future responses.

If you’re not receiving loot from a champ/vet, it’s most likely because you’re not getting kill credit. We’re currently working on some improvements to this so that it will be easier to get rewards when you kill a creature.

Thank you for bringing this up!

Well, if no kill credit is the reason for no loot from champ or vets, but the players do receive xp, medals, … then it could be the same reason for some players not getting decent loot? (which would suck because then you HAVE to do lots of dps… forced to do that to get kill credit to get loot -.-)

EDIT: They also introduced that “improved” (not working properly for everyone as described in Jason’s post) champ/ vet system on the 15th November, didn’t they?

(edited by Navi.7142)

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

How do you not get kill credit soloing?

eh, I no longer care.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Infernia.9847

Thx for the info Geotherma- I must have changed settings by mistake at some point because I did have a damage,etc in there as well.
I wonder if we can’t occasionally ‘ctrl + a’ inside the window and see just how much info that actually grabs? I mean it could cull at the time the info exceeds a certain amount or not. I’m going to try it later and see after about 10min into it just how much info I can grab from the combat log and paste into notepad.
Though you are right Leamas; without specific info it is not ‘that’ helpful but it’s something.
EDIT: almost forgot – @ezd I saw that post and laughed at the Anet reply. How exactly does solo’ing a champ or vet not give kill credit? Unless… tinfoil hat… it has to do with the speed of the kill? Or they are just wrong<—more credible but more scarey

Leamas.5803

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

I farmed Malchors Leap & Frostgorge Sound over the past week for 12+ hours total with over 100+ magic find and got zero lodestones. I even got reported as a bot in Forstgorge Sound. Tried 2 different 80 level characters, Omni bars, different times,
if fact I haven’t gotten a single lodestone in almost 4 months now. Now what was really strange, when I joined with another player, they got lodestones, I still got zero.

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

How do you not get kill credit soloing?

Same question I have.