Still waiting for end game content

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

So yeah, my daily thought…

Where is my high level end game rewarding content ive been waiting for so long?

Am I in the wrong game?

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

Posted by: dragonfairy.1064

dragonfairy.1064

it is found on the TP, gemstore = end game content.

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Hmm…I think ANet do a reset of some sort for end game, and for compensation you will get nothing!!!
But don’t fret, they will have the following planned to make sure the reset is still meaningful: nothing!!!

Posted by: Paddy.3985

Paddy.3985

Am I in the wrong game?

If you want gear treadmills and constant raids that replace everything before it every few months. Yes, you are indeed. This game does have endgame content but it’s quite a bit different than most other MMOs. PvP and WvW are basically it. If you are a pver exclusively then there is going to be little for you to do endgame wise other than the LS every few weeks, and that takes… a day or so to finish off.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

There’s plenty of “Endgame” content:
1. Working for legendaries.
2. Making a name for yourself on your server through WvW and PvP (And now the game in general, with Megaservers)
3. Becoming a leader of PvE events or in WvW.
4. Keeping up with Living Story.
5. Making and running a guild.

A R W E N.6895

2. Making a name for yourself on your server through WvW and PvP (And now the game in general, with Megaservers)

The question was : where is High level end game rewarding content

I love debate
www.keep-running.fr

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

There is, but it’s not about progression. The items are just skins from achievements.

A R W E N.6895

But its crazy how every other mmo, and even Gw1 had challenging and rewarding end game content. And yet, Gw2 fails miserably at pouring out such content.

I love debate
www.keep-running.fr

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

What content in GW1 was “high level end game rewarding content” according to you? Do dungeons and fractals in GW2 not count as end game content?

A R W E N.6895

UW, Fow, DoA, Deep, Urgoz etc

Fractal is just to easy, and same for dungeons…

And lets not talk about how rewarding Fractal is. Atleast in Gw1 I could repeat all day long the same elite area and still get rewarded for it. But in Gw2, nope you are not allowed.

I love debate
www.keep-running.fr

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

@Arwen: I truly believe that GW2 will eventually have good end-game content. But at the pace they’re going – I don’t believe a lot of the current players will be around for when it arrives.

I hope I’m wrong in this.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

What level of Fractals are you doing? Levels 1-9 are a joke, yes. Perhaps try some of the higher levels?

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Arah explorable, Fractal 40-50, Tequatl, Triple Trouble, Living Stories, TPvP, WvW, and economics/crafting/collecting is the intended end game content. If you can’t find anything in that list to get your hooks into or it all feels beneath you, you’re probably just burned out on the game and nothing will make you happy.

They probably could do more to extend end game. What are you really asking for, though? New 8 man raid style instances along the lines of Ulduar, ICC, or Firelands from WoW? More attention paid to WvW to make it feel more like the endless and meaningful wars of DAoC? A new tier of fractals with another set of instability mechanics to learn and a reason to be at 100 AR? Is this just a poorly worded request to make the loot in Arah and at world dragons match the time investment? Challenging and rewarding is so subjective. Let’s hear some solid specifics on what’s actually wrong and what needs to be added/changed.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Define “rewarding”?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

A R W E N.6895

Arah explorable, Fractal 40-50, Tequatl, Triple Trouble, Living Stories, TPvP, WvW, and economics/crafting/collecting is the intended end game content. If you can’t find anything in that list to get your hooks into or it all feels beneath you, you’re probably just burned out on the game and nothing will make you happy.

They probably could do more to extend end game. What are you really asking for, though? New 8 man raid style instances along the lines of Ulduar, ICC, or Firelands from WoW? More attention paid to WvW to make it feel more like the endless and meaningful wars of DAoC? A new tier of fractals with another set of instability mechanics to learn and a reason to be at 100 AR? Is this just a poorly worded request to make the loot in Arah and at world dragons match the time investment? Challenging and rewarding is so subjective. Let’s hear some solid specifics on what’s actually wrong and what needs to be added/changed.

Remove the daily aspect of dungeons.

let us be able to do the same dungeon over and over again if we want to
Now to make sure that this is not abused of make the reward scale with the difficulty

And yeah maybe adding some dungeons that could be completed with 8-12 players (Gw1 like) it could add a breath of fresh air. Honestly when you are 20 in a guild and you have to split up to do dungeons its kind of lame…

And I’m not asking for wow or any other games (I never played wow fyi).

I am asking that devs start working toward better content for every aspect of its game. And such content should be rewarding and also challenging. I would like to see if a casual player would be kittened to see new content in the game even if it is maybe to hard from him (her)

I love debate
www.keep-running.fr

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I was going to chime in with a few things, but then I saw your sig and decided that it wasn’t worth the amount of time.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

What level of Fractals are you doing? Levels 1-9 are a joke, yes. Perhaps try some of the higher levels?

it’s still the same content at higher levels, so it still feels like you’ve done it before. every time i do a fractal i wish i didn’t because it just takes so long that i want it to be over after the second major boss. sure they’re rewarding as far as gold and drops but there are much quicker ways.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

FenrirSlakt.3692

it’s still the same content at higher levels, so it still feels like you’ve done it before. every time i do a fractal i wish i didn’t because it just takes so long that i want it to be over after the second major boss. sure they’re rewarding as far as gold and drops but there are much quicker ways.

But it does still provide some ‘challenge’ in comparison to low levels.
I don’t think that anyone can complain about the lack of an end-game, unless they’ve already done everything else.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

And yeah maybe adding some dungeons that could be completed with 8-12 players (Gw1 like) it could add a breath of fresh air.

It won’t be a breath of fresh air. Because of the GW2’s core class mechanics, when everyone is “one man army”. It will be just a little more messy and zergy than your usual 5m dungeon. In GW1 in such groups there was a structure and there were roles for classes to play. There’s no such thing in GW2. You might be in a wrong game for that. Just as an example: FF14 — it have 8m challenging and rewarding end game dungeons. However, it’s a gear treadmill game.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

1. gold grind, which is an endgame goal, but not one i prefer to do.
2. ehhhh that really is only about what 4 people out of 400 who play WvW? and out of the pool of players, lets say half play WvW. And to be honest anet really messed up with the no match up threads, they really killed ease with which you can get to know your community. I dont know what the solution is, but WvW needs some type of community hub.
3. Becoming a leader of events in pve, honestly there is about 2 or 3 events which needs leaders. And there isnt that great an incentive to do them. They also with megaservers have made it harder to achieve this.
4.keeping up with LS, isnt really endgame, to this point. LS is often easy and i would say its probably low level content really, generally. This may change in the future, but LS doesnt push me to get better, or tighten up skills.
5.Guild making and running, this is probably the most endgamish activity, you can kind of build the guild, but i think they need to refine and expand the guild content.

That said of the things you have suggested, only 2 are not based around leading a group, and those two are pretty poor executions if those are the only options. Legendary is best achieved through extremely easy repetitive farms, or TP merchanting, and LS, well i mentioned that.

FenrirSlakt.3692

2. ehhhh that really is only about what 4 people out of 400 who play WvW? and out of the pool of players, lets say half play WvW. And to be honest anet really messed up with the no match up threads, they really killed ease with which you can get to know your community. I dont know what the solution is, but WvW needs some type of community hub.
3. Becoming a leader of events in pve, honestly there is about 2 or 3 events which needs leaders. And there isnt that great an incentive to do them. They also with megaservers have made it harder to achieve this.
4.keeping up with LS, isnt really endgame, to this point. LS is often easy and i would say its probably low level content really, generally. This may change in the future, but LS doesnt push me to get better, or tighten up skills.
5.Guild making and running, this is probably the most endgamish activity, you can kind of build the guild, but i think they need to refine and expand the guild content.

That said of the things you have suggested, only 2 are not based around leading a group, and those two are pretty poor executions if those are the only options. Legendary is best achieved through extremely easy repetitive farms, or TP merchanting, and LS, well i mentioned that.

Then this may not be your type of game.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Am I in the wrong game?

There is none. FOTM 50 is moderately difficult (very difficult if you purposely make it challenging by pugging, running bad builds, being naked, soloing) but isn’t rewarding.

Teq is a snoozefest with okay rewards. Wurm is moderatly challenging with terrible rewards.

You can only hope that the new LS 2 “Achievements” will be 8 orb tier+ difficult with matching rewards.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Am I in the wrong game?

I think you are in the wrong game. If you search in youtube, you will find something that went like: WTF no end game content? That was aired before the game even came out, and explained that GW2 would depart from the traditional end game of other mmorpgs.

The thing is, no one expected that that would mean that the game could be played by a drinking bird. So, while I have to admit they delivered on their promise, the outcome is rather dissapointing.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

it is found on the TP, gemstore = end game content.

Where’s the content you play on the gemstore?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

The short answer is yes, you’re in the wrong game.

If you’re looking WoW style scripted/instanced raiding, GW2 isn’t the place to find it. We have what, three fights in that style? Might I suggest Rift, or just straight up WoW lol.

In terms of gameplay that GW2 does have in abundance, just about all of it can be played during the leveling process. Depending on how you look at that, the entire game is endgame content, or there is zero endgame content that is different from the leveling experience.

I guess if you’re looking for endgame gameplay, stick with Guild Wars 2, and if you’re looking for endgame weapon/armor upgrades, try a game more focused on raiding progression like the ones I mentioned.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

The OP wants rewarding content. The highest level fractals aren’t. You make less there than you would dungeon running in the same time frame.

And to all the people bringing up progression gear grinds, where the the OP say that? The OP points out GW1 which has awesome horizontal progression and challenging, rewarding content. It can be done.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

If you want RAIDs – Tequatl, 3-headed WURM – that is server RAIND – Nothing as dumb as what WoW, Rift , etc. offer. If you are expecting that it will be a cold day in hell before that type of content is offered.

You are basically in the WRONG GAME.

phys.7689

Then this may not be your type of game.

I dont know man, if thats how they had marketed the game, i dont think they would have sold many copies.
lead people!
to do 2-3 difficult events!
get massive gold, through merchant/farmville minigame, or spend cash for fat loot
that generally doesnt sell an MMORPG.

anyhow, you dont have to worry about me, im on haitus till they have some interesting new gameplay. havent logged in but a few hours or so in the last months. Neither have any of my friends who were super GW1 and GW2 fans, eh well, they still making money so its all good

phys.7689

If you want RAIDs – Tequatl, 3-headed WURM – that is server RAIND – Nothing as dumb as what WoW, Rift , etc. offer. If you are expecting that it will be a cold day in hell before that type of content is offered.

You are basically in the WRONG GAME.

Why is it when you say end game rewarding content people go RAIDS!?!? Are people that one track minded?

Heres what they want, something to do at high levels/refined builds, that you can improve at, is somewhat challenging, and get better or different rewards(whether it be skills, access to new areas, items, whatever) than what you would get grinding a champion train.

If this was basketball, it might be a tournament, or darksouls, new game + it doesnt have to be raids, it just has to be something with a bit more depth than the things you figured out when you were level 60

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

Yeah, its kind of annoying when I reach level 80 with my favorite character and the story just abruptly ends.

The final battle wasn’t good enough to justify a lack of end game content.

They need to add additional campaigns for level 80 characters. See: Neverwinter. The game is overall mediocre, but at least they’re constantly adding new end game campaigns.

I would prefer them constantly releasing new permanent story content instead of working on the living story.

How about this: level 80 characters gain access to Elona or Cantha. Each continent would feature a special campaign, complete with new characters, CHOICES ACTUALLY MATTERING, companion characters (heroes, anyone?) and possibly new skills.

That would be amazing and totally worth the wait.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

A R W E N.6895

I Will repeat my question again. where is my high level end game rewarding content

I will add that i am not talking about wow raid like stuff (never played wow fyi, only played gw1 since its begining)

I will also add that i am not talking about a gear grind.

Just to make thing clear and to make people understand that what i am looking for is something instanced to do with other player that is harder than fractal or arah. Something that you have to practice over and over again for awesome rewards. Ever heard of DOA in gw1? (Thats where your tormented skin come from fyi)

I love debate
www.keep-running.fr

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

When most people throw around words like rewards, it’s usually because they don’t like the idea of armor and weapon skins as rewards, and instead want gear upgrades.

So you’re saying “awesome rewards”, but we apparently have no idea what “awesome rewards” are to you. Any devs reading this won’t know either. So what is an “awesome reward” to you?

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

4.2k hours later and I’m still starved for endgame content! Oh wait, no I’m not.

And with Season 2 of Living Story on the way – plus with probably the single most requested change to living story already being announced (replayability) – I don’t think I’ll be having a lack of reasons to log in any time soon.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Sartharina.3542

I Will repeat my question again. where is my high level end game rewarding content

I will add that i am not talking about wow raid like stuff (never played wow fyi, only played gw1 since its begining)

Just to make thing clear and to make people understand that what i am looking for is something instanced to do with other player that is harder than fractal or arah. Something that you have to practice over and over again for awesome rewards. Ever heard of DOA in gw1? (Thats where your tormented skin come from fyi)

Unfortunately, your game skill likely outstrips the rest of the game. Dungeons, Fractals, Boss Blitz, Teq, Wurm, Queen’s Gauntlet, etc. are all challenging content that you have to practice to get the awesome rewards – the ‘problem’ is that they’ve become stale because the game hasn’t had new content, and they’ve been mastered (Not by level 80s, but by long-term players). And again – your skill outstrips the game’s/developer’s ability to challenge it. All games have that issue (There are people who consider games like Dark Souls to be snoozefest cakewalks). There’s challenging content – it just doesn’t challenge you anymore. Congratulations, you’ve mastered the game.

They don’t have instanced content because they don’t want instanced content (Though the Queen’s Gauntlet and Guild Missions come close, and Crown Pavillion has sort of become one due to Megaservers and Overflow.)

The Rewards issue – it’s in the pursuit of cosmetic skins for weapons and armor, minis, back pieces, ascended/legendary gear (I do not like the Precursor chokehold, though!), diversifying available stat gear, extra loadouts, new traits (For Pre-15th characters), all traits (for Post-15th characters), titles, and prestige in the community (And, with the megaserver community, it’s even more challenging to attain that prestige!)

However, Guild Wars 2 has opted out of restricting most of this progression to only level 80 characters (outside of Exotic/Ascended/Legendary item acquisition). It has also opted out of rendering previous content obsolete – the legendary you gain today will be awesome for you forever, instead of the fate of other game’s legendaries being relegated to “Worse than Vendor Trash” – In WoW, it’s better to equip and wag around a grey sword you picked up off an open-world mob in Netherstorm The Isle of Quel’Danas Icecrown Citadel Tol Barad The Molten Front Somewhere in Pandaria than to use the legendary Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker!

Yes, “Gold Grinding” is an option to attain most stuff. But, due to the nature of every buyer needing a seller, it’s generally more efficient to try to obtain the items you want yourself.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I did, boy was it a RNG slogfest to get Gemstones to trade up to Armbraces. Almost as much a slog as Obsidian Armor, which I still haven’t gotten.

It was fun when I did it with my guildies as an eight-person trip, so was Underworld and Fissure of Woe, and Slaver’s Exile. On the other hand . . . there are two fundamental things involved which make me hesitant to say they were excellent.

Firstly, most of the “Awesome Rewards” were behind RNG drops at the end chests, or from materials dropped RNG-like from enemies. I will note I did four trips through the Underworld and never saw Ectoplasm for me. (One time, it was all blue/purple canes. I am not kidding, or exaggerating.) Luckily for the rich, it was possible to buy any of the Awesome Rewards rather than do the content.

Secondly, due to the structure difference between the two games, the experience from UW, FoW, et cetera wouldn’t be perfectly replicated. To note, there’s no pressure to take down enemy healers fast, no need to specifically handle things like Smite Crawlers, and no “bring Frozen Soil else we’ll be here all day” anti-Res requirements.

Once more, the question you ask is only able to be responded with another question:

What do you find rewarding and worth being put through ‘end game content’?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

A R W E N.6895

I did, boy was it a RNG slogfest to get Gemstones to trade up to Armbraces. Almost as much a slog as Obsidian Armor, which I still haven’t gotten.

It was fun when I did it with my guildies as an eight-person trip, so was Underworld and Fissure of Woe, and Slaver’s Exile. On the other hand . . . there are two fundamental things involved which make me hesitant to say they were excellent.

Firstly, most of the “Awesome Rewards” were behind RNG drops at the end chests, or from materials dropped RNG-like from enemies. I will note I did four trips through the Underworld and never saw Ectoplasm for me. (One time, it was all blue/purple canes. I am not kidding, or exaggerating.) Luckily for the rich, it was possible to buy any of the Awesome Rewards rather than do the content.

Secondly, due to the structure difference between the two games, the experience from UW, FoW, et cetera wouldn’t be perfectly replicated. To note, there’s no pressure to take down enemy healers fast, no need to specifically handle things like Smite Crawlers, and no “bring Frozen Soil else we’ll be here all day” anti-Res requirements.

Once more, the question you ask is only able to be responded with another question:

Well maybe you were not playing the same game as me.

In hard mode, when completing a part of Doa you would have a chest that gives you garanteed gems (either titan for foundry, margonity for city of torcqua etc)

In fow and Uw, you are right there was some rng, but atleast the mobs were giving you loot that is actually usefull and worth something.

Hence even though I would not always get the skin I want, is still had a chance to loot it and the end chest you give you also usefull materials

Now look at now,

I open a chest in gw2 all i get is some green and a bit of silver. Is it usefull toward something? Nope.

Now back to the question

where is the high level rewarding end game content in Gw2

Note: Living story is not high level content

I love debate
www.keep-running.fr

phys.7689

DOA had guaranteed drops, and a system where you would probably get close to enough before you mastered the area. the first boss dropped 1 of the item, the second boss 2, third boss 3 and last boss 4

the boss quest gives 1 of each.

so each time you fully run the dungeon you get 15 of various gems
4-5 complete runs would get you the weapon IF you are skilled. it can be less with random drops.

If you play it on hard mode the gem reward is doubled, so you get like 26? (not sure if the last boss gives double rewards since its from the quest)

so yeah, its not random, though random luck could make it faster.

they also set it up, so you plan where you go first, which tends to make the fights go a little differently (because you enter from different areas, the mob pulls can be a little different)

All in all a pretty good reward design, it was hard enough that it took a while to master, it had variation in play style, and rewarded you better, the better you were able to beat it.
If you prefer the grind method, you could just target one area over and over again for random drops, if you prefer objectives, you go for the full clear. If you get really good at it, you go for hard mode, and earn twice the reward, taking less than twice the effort.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Define “rewarding”?

This. My personal point of view might be a bit different here, but I myself personally enjoy commanding Tequatl events for example. Learning the strategy and then passing it on to the rest of the people who are there to learn. I swear, I’m far more happy when I get a whisper saying “thank you for the leadership” rather than when I get good loot.

Yes, my example might not be the best one, in fact it might even be far from a good one, but for me it is rewarding to be able to do it on daily basis with people who I already know from previous runs and people who get on my map every time just so that we can do it together.

It is satisfying therefore it is rewarding. c:

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

phys.7689

Define “rewarding”?

This. My personal point of view might be a bit different here, but I myself personally enjoy commanding Tequatl events for example. Learning the strategy and then passing it on to the rest of the people who are there to learn. I swear, I’m far more happy when I get a whisper saying “thank you for the leadership” rather than when I get good loot.

Yes, my example might not be the best one, in fact it might even be far from a good one, but for me it is rewarding to be able to do it on daily basis with people who I already know from previous runs and people who get on my map every time just so that we can do it together.

i agree thats probably pretty rewarding, but there are like 1-3 leaders for every 120 people?
that means they have a good endgame for 1/40 players.

and even with that, there is only 2-3 events for you to do that with.

Its a decent starting point, but its something they will need to expand, in creative and new ways. Im hoping their next attempt will have like 3-4 major obejectives of equal importance, in a mini dungeon like system, where people seperate, but how/what each team does effects the way each run goes differently. Pretty complex to design, but would offer a lot of replay, and excitement.

The main issue though, is while i might like it in theory, i wouldnt do it probably, im not into the 100 man + content (marrionette was good, but it was broken down into 20 man teams, and then 5 man teams for the boss) and the game needs so much expansion on other fronts for different player types.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well maybe you were not playing the same game as me.

In hard mode, when completing a part of Doa you would have a chest that gives you garanteed gems (either titan for foundry, margonity for city of torcqua etc)

In fow and Uw, you are right there was some rng, but atleast the mobs were giving you loot that is actually usefull and worth something.

Hence even though I would not always get the skin I want, is still had a chance to loot it and the end chest you give you also usefull materials

Now look at now,

I open a chest in gw2 all i get is some green and a bit of silver. Is it usefull toward something? Nope.

Now back to the question

where is the high level rewarding end game content in Gw2

Note: Living story is not high level content

As all new Journal content will be expressly for Level 80s, I’m guessing it could be considered ‘high-level content’. To be fair, I have no idea what the recommended level for Open World content will be.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Am I in the wrong game?

If you want gear treadmills and constant raids that replace everything before it every few months. Yes, you are indeed. This game does have endgame content but it’s quite a bit different than most other MMOs. PvP and WvW are basically it. If you are a pver exclusively then there is going to be little for you to do endgame wise other than the LS every few weeks, and that takes… a day or so to finish off.

How can WvW and PvP be end game if you can access them since level 1 in day one? -.- Plus, there is geargrind already, even though I don’t consider it an endgame, thus we lack endgame content. Or at least, to be more precise, new, interesting, challenging, different end game content, because I’m tired sick of the stuff I see there since August 2012. -.-

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Azhure.1857

Define “rewarding”?

Well said.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

I thought waiting for end game content was end game content?
Jeez OP be more appreciative of your whole of nothingness, cause somewhere in some place they ain’t even got food!

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: PacoXI.7690

PacoXI.7690

There is end game content, you just want raids…

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Am I in the wrong game?

How can WvW and PvP be end game if you can access them since level 1 in day one? -.- Plus, there is geargrind already, even though I don’t consider it an endgame, thus we lack endgame content. Or at least, to be more precise, new, interesting, challenging, different end game content, because I’m tired sick of the stuff I see there since August 2012. -.-

where does it say that “endgame content” must be gated to max level characters? and good luck sticking around in WvW with a low level character, especially with the new trait system.

OP, i get what you want, and you might be getting it, at least in terms of “single player” stuff, with season 2. for group stuff, well, people already pointed out to some high level, challenging content. whether you consider “this is fun” rewarding, or you need actual, physical rewards (which you can obtain through said content) is up to you.

you mentioned “let us do whatever dungeon we want as many times as we want” well guess what? it used to be like that. and the result was no one could do any dungeon, because there were only groups for CoF P1. you can scale rewards however you want, people would rather slog through easy content for easy rewards than go through challenging content for better rewards (see: the recently removed queensdale champ train).

the best thing you can do as a player is explain in detail what you would consider rewarding content that guild wars 2 should have. you listed some examples (namely, the GW1 endgame, which i was never that much into), well, say why they’re rewarding and why they would be good for GW2.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

phys.7689

There is end game content, you just want raids…

What exactly is the endgame content? Tequatl and Wurm? thats it? two 20minute encounters?

Dont say PVP, because in order for player versus player games to have “endgame” they need to have competitions, tournaments, fairly good ranking systems.

as of right now, the tournaments are few, and only available to a comparitive handful, and the ranking systems need a bit of work, honestly im not sure they can make one, because they dont really have team rankings.

Essentially its pretty shallow in terms of how far you can take your skill/progression in anything. This makes it approachable, but it doesnt provide a consistent entertainment.

Its odd when you think about it, the item progression is probably the deepest progression the game has.

A R W E N.6895

In a mmorpg you have different audiences.

For me, the typical pve player, I would like to see new dungeons (I am not talking raids) that would actually be more challenging and give you something to work toward.

Let’s take an example: In gw1 you had to elite zone that were challenging, they were called UW and FoW. In these two zones, you were penalized for failing. You had to know what you were doing in order to succeed. Now for the groups that were successful, they were rewarded at the end of the instance with guaranteed useful materials such as ectoplasm or obsidian fragment. These material were useful toward the crafting of an high end armor. And for the lucky one, they would get some nice skins.

Now you knew that by entering the zone you would be challenged, you would get reward AND you could have an extra chance at some rare skin. And by doing this area you could work toward some form of cosmetics (obsidian armor, chaos glove etc).

Let me say it once again : I am not talking raids

Now look at another extremely challenging area; Doa.

To be successful there you had to have good group coordination, individual skin and also the guts to stay there and practice for quite some time.

I didn’t learn in one day how to properly execute everything necessary to complete this instance. I had to practice. Like I said earlier you had guaranted rewards called gemstone by completing each part of the main quest in Doa. The gemstones were used to get Armbraces and then you could get rare weapon skins called the tormented weapon. And guess what, gems and armbraces where not soulbound (big lawl)

In these 3 areas cited above, you had to have practiced a lot, have a decent amount of skill and guess what you were rewarded for playing the content

Now let me state again that I am not asking for raids (I feel I have to repeat that one). I am not asking for lagfest called teq or wurm or blabla.

I am asking for high level endgame rewarding content (living story is not High level content), (teq is also not high level content). Fractal and arah is not high level content.

And the content is sadly not rewarding.

I love debate
www.keep-running.fr

Sartharina.3542

The developers don’t want to make high-level content. The game doesn’t undergo some sort of weird metamorphosis from one game to another when you hit the level cap, and doesn’t want to. You can learn the game at your own pace.

The content isn’t “Rewarding” because they decided to make Second-Best-In-Slot items easy to acquire, so you can focus more on playing the game than trying to keep up with a loot train. Greens can be salvaged for materials for crafting what you want, and getting +MF. Silvers stack and become gold over time.

As for guaranteed rewards – I’m of two minds of this. On one hand, there’s a limit to the difficulty a game can be made to – they can’t make anything harder than something their development team can make. And, because we all have the same tools available in the virtual environment, anyone can learn the content. Once something becomes guaranteed, it becomes common – how many more legendaries would there be flying around if there wasn’t the Precursor chokepoint? And people complain about the current number of legendaries flying around already. On the other hand, it’s a shameless skinner box.

Azhure.1857

I miss DoA, UW, and FoW. It would be nice to see them return in GW2, somehow.