Suck at Love (Banned)

Suck at Love (Banned)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

A fellow guild mate of mine also ask Anet to double check if there system is 100% accurate because his been accuse of Real money trading but he never sell any in game item for real cash and what shock us is his been in active for almost 1 year and the last time he log in to the game was when HoT are coming out then anet insist that he sold some item with real money which is absurd.

I’ve been accused in other game too.

One of my guild-mate go on a rampage, and start scamming people for their gear. And I somehow end up buying the scammed gear from other people.

My defense is I bought the gear at reasonable price, so I didn’t benefit from it. And have my account restore.

There are probably some suspicious transaction going on with your guild-mates.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Customer Support has carefully reviewed the data that resulted in the termination of the game account in question. They verified that this account accessed 29 map points in under 60 seconds. It is not possible to accomplish this without the use of a third-party program, the kind of program that is expressly forbidden by our User Agreement and our Rules of Conduct.

Because of these facts, the account termination will not be reversed.

I don’t know who that “suck as love” person is or what he did, but I can tell you weird things can happen in this game.

Like, a few months ago I was in WvW, and I had terrible internet issues. Basically for some reason I had moments where my upload speed was basically 0. Anyway, we were in a zerg vs zerg fight and I started lagging terribly. I could walk around the battlefield like a ghost, see everything as it happens (I knew it because I was in TS and saw the actions being made as the commander called them). However, I could not use skills at all, and was not taking any dmg. Literally like a ghost.

Anyway, to the weird part:
At one point after about 2 min of spamming my skills but nothing happening, my lag went away… and every skill used (among which were skills like lightning flash and burning retreat) got casted at the same time… This made my char pretty much fly half way across the map into an enemy tower (well I landed on the wall)…

So yea. Weird things can happen here especially when lag is involved lol.

You’re confusing local data with server data. Here’s how it works.

The server keeps track of where you are. Your computer allows you to move around locally. Without lag, your position on your screen and on the server should be relatively close, but your real position is on the server. It’s not exactly what you’re seeing. The less lag, the closer you are.

That’s what rubberbanding is. You run forward, it’s not updated on the server, so you really haven’t run forward in Tyria, you just see yourself running forward. Eventually the server pings back your real position and you go backwards. The game doesn’t really know your position only the server position.

Lag would not make it appear like you were jumping all over the place on the server, only on your side of the equation. You’d see yourself as jumping. The server would not.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Customer Support has carefully reviewed the data that resulted in the termination of the game account in question. They verified that this account accessed 29 map points in under 60 seconds. It is not possible to accomplish this without the use of a third-party program, the kind of program that is expressly forbidden by our User Agreement and our Rules of Conduct.

I don’t know who that “suck as love” person is or what he did, but I can tell you weird things can happen in this game.

Like, a few months ago I was in WvW, and I had terrible internet issues. Basically for some reason I had moments where my upload speed was basically 0. Anyway, we were in a zerg vs zerg fight and I started lagging terribly. I could walk around the battlefield like a ghost, see everything as it happens (I knew it because I was in TS and saw the actions being made as the commander called them). However, I could not use skills at all, and was not taking any dmg. Literally like a ghost.

Anyway, to the weird part:
At one point after about 2 min of spamming my skills but nothing happening, my lag went away… and every skill used (among which were skills like lightning flash and burning retreat) got casted at the same time… This made my char pretty much fly half way across the map into an enemy tower (well I landed on the wall)…

The server keeps track of where you are. Your computer allows you to move around locally. Without lag, your position on your screen and on the server should be relatively close, but your real position is on the server. It’s not exactly what you’re seeing. The less lag, the closer you are.

That’s what rubberbanding is. You run forward, it’s not updated on the server, so you really haven’t run forward in Tyria, you just see yourself running forward. Eventually the server pings back your real position and you go backwards. The game doesn’t really know your position only the server position.

Lag would not make it appear like you were jumping all over the place on the server, only on your side of the equation. You’d see yourself as jumping. The server would not.

Lag has some weird side effects though. Back before they upgraded the Internet for my area I had really bad lag and was often in two places at once, where I could see my char and where the game thought my char was.

A guildie I used to play with back then said that he saw my char jumping from spot to spot while I was lagging and there would be times I would die and be dead at two different places. For example, if I was on a jumping puzzle and lagged and the game saw me go off the platform, I would die suddenly but be still way up in the jumping puzzle. My Rez spot would be on the ground, but invisible to other people. They could see my chat showing on that spot and go there until they got the option to rez me. When they rezzed my invisible spot on the ground, my body up in the jumping puzzle gained health. When I came back to life, I would be up in the jumping puzzle, not on the ground and could continue the jumping puzzle.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Still though, because of my lag I got thrown into a locked enemy tower lol.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Still though, because of my lag I got thrown into a locked enemy tower lol.

I’m still sure the server can see that happening. There a difference between correction and instructing the server to port you somewhere, which is what hackers do.

One way the server is correcting, in a hack your local client is doing the correcting so to speak. When you use a waypoint or a mesmer portal, the server knows your’e doing it and updates your data. It’s a command.

When a hacker moves to another position intentionally it has to tell the server it’s doing so and the server has that record.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I see thread is back. It was delete for some time I think. I thought that strange because was thread Gaile post in. Guess thread is back as warn to people that want to cheat, think about cheat, find way to cheat, and then cheat. Then warn do not cry, “I did not cheat, Anet fault.” When fact is did cheat.

I do not feel happy about this. But do not feel bad for cheater and how they do this and try to blame Anet. I hope if sister is innocent she get account back and also hope this mess do not ruin relationship with brother who cheat and lie about it. Family more important than some game. Hope she can forgive him for lies and cheat that cause problem for her.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Grind Wars is a named deserve by over 90% of MMORPGs imo. It was easy to obtain gold in GW1 just by salvaging for the materials and selling the mats in Kamadan.

It’s much harder in GW2 due to many circumstance, we should also not ignore the elephant in the corner either, that it’s very alluring for a business model to have vested interest in making it harder due to the cash > gems > gold path way they have built into the game, and if you’re the beholder of a cynical attitude you can see that caked over every part of the game as a whole, the most difficult of questions to ask how to fairly balance the issue for both the company and the user of the system so that both are equally rewarded.

GW1 System was far superior when it comes to the economy, if only because you couldn’t buy gold “legally” you had to earn it.

There were more bots in GW1 than in GW2, there was another great purging of bots in GW1 in 2014. Several GW1 players turn to illegal sites, since you could not buy currency legally in GW1 with real money. GW1 is superior in several areas but when it comes to preventing bots GW2 wins, imo.

Bots have been in gw2 by thousands people just don’t bother looking for them.
I have been watching some of them in orr with high ap.
which could mean its hacked acccount.

To be honest I’ve not seen a single one in GW2, GW1 certainly.. but this could be because of the server I am on purhaps.

I agree, I’ve rarely see bots anymore in GW2. It’s not on the same level as GW1, imo.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Qugi.2653

-snip-

Person admit they cheat and lie about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3zrbe4/a_response_from_suck_at_love/

So was not some mistake about lag. Person admit they search for cheat program, find cheat program, ask how to get program, person give to them, they use and find coordinate to make work. This not some simple mistake where person just click some thing to see if it work. Person make plan to do this, found way, and did it. In many court this is call premeditated.

Full Definition of premeditated

: characterized by fully conscious willful intent and a measure of forethought and planning

Cheater admit this they look for, find, and ask how to use cheat. Then got answer from some person give them cheat program. This is not some thing that can take seconds to make decision. This was a plan and execute by cheater over some time. Sorry for his luck but he is caught and admit cheater. Only sorry after prove cheat.

Sad thing is his sister if innocent caught with this lie and cheat. I do not feel sorrow for him after every thing he do and post. But do feel bad if sister is innocent. Hope it do not ruin relationship between them but can understand if she not trust him.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Grind Wars is a named deserve by over 90% of MMORPGs imo. It was easy to obtain gold in GW1 just by salvaging for the materials and selling the mats in Kamadan.

It’s much harder in GW2 due to many circumstance, we should also not ignore the elephant in the corner either, that it’s very alluring for a business model to have vested interest in making it harder due to the cash > gems > gold path way they have built into the game, and if you’re the beholder of a cynical attitude you can see that caked over every part of the game as a whole, the most difficult of questions to ask how to fairly balance the issue for both the company and the user of the system so that both are equally rewarded.

GW1 System was far superior when it comes to the economy, if only because you couldn’t buy gold “legally” you had to earn it.

There were more bots in GW1 than in GW2, there was another great purging of bots in GW1 in 2014. Several GW1 players turn to illegal sites, since you could not buy currency legally in GW1 with real money. GW1 is superior in several areas but when it comes to preventing bots GW2 wins, imo.

Bots have been in gw2 by thousands people just don’t bother looking for them.
I have been watching some of them in orr with high ap.
which could mean its hacked acccount.

To be honest I’ve not seen a single one in GW2, GW1 certainly.. but this could be because of the server I am on purhaps.

I agree, I’ve rarely see bots anymore in GW2. It’s not on the same level as GW1, imo.

gw2 almost achieved the same prize but anet did well with that, at least they arent on same shard as player so its hard to know if bots still here…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

i have the feeling that this community is one of the worst… the suck at love thread on reddit and the one over here are like magnets for toxic ill manered players.

Suck at Love (Banned)

laokoko.7403

I wanted to say just few things not about ban but about how we as community went into this. First reddit post with stupid , shameful redditors, who laughed and mocked this two people.
Then GW2 official forums, thriving on this ban.
Is this what GW2 community is now ? Is it best joy for you to see someone sad and upset ?
Sure they made mistake, but is community best response to laugh at that and mock ?

While you are all so happy someone got ban ill leave you this example , how many of you did and do now EXPLOIT fractals mossman to get easy pass ? How many of you were asked in pug group to do mossman exploiting this , and agreed , or got kicked from party if you said “lets do it normal” ? Skipping events Arah for months, remember ? Map breaking for easy JP ? And so on…. Is it really that different ?

And again, as much as it was wrong what they did, i feel that community response on that was far worse.

my 2c

It’s human natural. First of all, players envy those cheaters to get things they want. Furthermore those cheaters get it by using unmoral and unlawful means.

Your analogy is probably a bit bad though. Since no one expect to get banned by killing mossman underwater, but people who go to hacks website download 3rd party programmer, botting should know what they did is likely to get banned but still doing it.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I wanted to say just few things not about ban but about how we as community went into this. First reddit post with stupid , shameful redditors, who laughed and mocked this two people.
Is this what GW2 community is now ? Is it best joy for you to see someone sad and upset ?
Sure they made mistake, but is community best response to laugh at that and mock ?

While you are all so happy someone got ban ill leave you this example , how many of you did and do now EXPLOIT fractals mossman to get easy pass ? How many of you were asked in pug group to do mossman exploiting this , and agreed , or got kicked from party if you said “lets do it normal” ? Skipping events Arah for months, remember ? Map breaking for easy JP ? And so on…. Is it really that different ?

And again, as much as it was wrong what they did, i feel that community response on that was far worse.

my 2c

Since no one expect to get banned by killing mossman underwater.

If an Ai is being exploited intentionally, players should expect to be banned imo.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: ShelBlackblood.7826

ShelBlackblood.7826

They admitted it after trying to make Anet look like they were the bad guys banning innocent people, posting a ridiculous YouTube video, and then hours of silence (and video removal) after Anet came out and stated they had indeed cheated with information to back up those claims.

It is one thing to say you’re sorry, a mistake was made, it won’t happen again…another to deflect, lie, etc.

The brother did apologize in his reddit post. And he explained why he lied – “we outsiders” simply can’t know if he really didn’t remember his so-called “one-time” cheating before he and his sister made the rage video, or not. And the video removal is perfectly fine, ever heard of damage control? Not everyone reads the forums, many ppl who might watch the video could really believe Anet are the bad guys here. Taking the video down doesn’t hurt anyone, right?

The brother apologized for everything on reddit, as for the sister I dunno, so is there really MORE need for the hate? Can’t the “friendliest MMO community” just stop behaving like a mob of vultures?

Suck at Love (Banned)

ShelBlackblood.7826

i have the feeling that this community is one of the worst… the suck at love thread on reddit and the one over here are like magnets for toxic ill manered players.

LOL the Gw2 community is the worst because we don’t support piece of filth, disgusting, worthless cheating pieces of human refuse?

That’s rich. Real rich to expect people to support cheating, liars.

I’m just going block you in game since you have sympathies for people like this. The next step is for you to start cheating yourself.

“Piece of filth”
“disgusting”
“worthless pieces of human”

Oh, my. Calm down dude. I’m sure you are not the kind of person who wishes that thiefs and liars get their hands or tongues chopped off the instant they were caught. I’m just telling you this in case you didn’t know: There are living human beings behind those accounts, with, you know, something called feelings. Ever heard of that?

I used to be moderator in a manga forum some years ago and you, my friend, would’ve gotten a big red warning for such a post. And that warning would be visible under your username -forever- so that everyone could see that you behaved like a duck at least once. Ignorant users would block you as soon as they see the red letters under your username because you “were a bad person”.

Maybe that manga community was just too nice since I was never forced to give someone such a warning, but maybe posts like yours are considered normal nowadays…?

@ArenaNet
So the thread is back. May I ask why?

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

LOL the Gw2 community is the worst because we don’t support piece of filth, disgusting, worthless cheating pieces of human refuse?

I’m just going block you in game since you have sympathies for people like this. The next step is for you to start cheating yourself.

“Piece of filth”
“disgusting”

Oh, my. Calm down dude. I’m sure you are not the kind of person who wishes that thiefs and liars get their hands or tongues chopped off the instant they were caught. I’m just telling you this in case you didn’t know: There are living human beings behind those accounts, with, you know, something called feelings. Ever heard of that?

I used to be moderator in a manga forum some years ago and you, my friend, would’ve gotten a big red warning for such a post. And that warning would be visible under your username -forever- so that everyone could see that you behaved like a duck at least once. Ignorant users would block you as soon as they see the red letters under your username because you “were a bad person”.

Maybe that manga community was just too nice since I was never forced to give someone such a warning, but maybe posts like yours are considered normal nowadays…?

@ArenaNet

May I ask why you sound like a person calling for forgivness of cheating? You’ve called out the GW2 community for being pleased hackers were banned.

The guy only admitted to cheating after Anet stated the offense. Anet did not to my knowledge say that was the only offense, so should they show evidence of more would his story change again? Who knows, but he cheated and attacked Anet and then retracted.

I think they should be out for good, they got off light.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Suck at Love (Banned)

Qugi.2653

@ArenaNet

Gaile post in thread as to cheat. So probably main reason. Also probably as warn to player think about cheat, maybe plan cheat, then cheat, then lie about not cheat when caught. Short story, bad to make video blame Anet for ban and say not cheat. Then hide video when Anet prove cheat. Anet prove cheat. Then say how cheat and sorry only after caught.

This thread is good to show player that might consider cheat. Yes time to not flame cheater any more. But keep thread alive as warning to people like the person that cheat might want to try cheat program.

Just show how cheat can affect other and cause big problem. Thread is good to show this. In other word, this thread is advertise how cheat can cause big problem. Advertise how cheat will ruin every thing for player and how person cheat can make problem for other.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Suck at Love (Banned)

ShelBlackblood.7826

May I ask why you sound like a person calling for forgivness of cheating? You’ve called out the GW2 community for being pleased hackers were banned.

Jeez… I never said to simply forgive them. They are wrong a 100%. All I said was they are already punished enough with temporarily loosing their accounts and being shamed here and on reddit. No need for a crowd of forks and burning torches running after them, or is this the proper way to address cheaters?

Suck at Love (Banned)

Aidenwolf.5964

Jeez… I never said to simply forgive them. They are wrong a 100%. All I said was they are already punished enough with temporarily loosing their accounts and being shamed here and on reddit. No need for a crowd of forks and burning torches running after them, or is this the proper way to address cheaters?

I believe it is, especially when those cheaters attempted to tarnish the game when they were banned. The cover-up is often worse than the crime.

PugLife SoloQ

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

They admitted it after trying to make Anet look like they were the bad guys banning innocent people, posting a ridiculous YouTube video, and then hours of silence (and video removal) after Anet came out and stated they had indeed cheated with information to back up those claims.

It is one thing to say you’re sorry, a mistake was made, it won’t happen again…another to deflect, lie, etc.

The brother did apologize in his reddit post. And he explained why he lied – “we outsiders” simply can’t know if he really didn’t remember his so-called “one-time” cheating before he and his sister made the rage video, or not. And the video removal is perfectly fine, ever heard of damage control? Not everyone reads the forums, many ppl who might watch the video could really believe Anet are the bad guys here. Taking the video down doesn’t hurt anyone, right?

The brother apologized for everything on reddit, as for the sister I dunno, so is there really MORE need for the hate? Can’t the “friendliest MMO community” just stop behaving like a mob of vultures?

“We simply can’t know…” The evidence is certainly stacked high, and not in their favor.

Apologizing after you are called out for what you did after smearing someone else through the mud isn’t apologizing. It’s attempting to save face, and it is incredibly hard to accept as sincere. Nothing about that “apology” showed anything but an attempt to save face after getting caught red-handed in the cookie jar. Before the “apology” came forth there were people in the comments section that even predicted that this would turn in to a “It was me! Take me instead!” scenario.

They didn’t remove the video for damage control to Arenanet. It was to save face on their part after they were called out by devs. Honestly, most of the rage I have been seeing has been more directed at the fact they lied to their followers on youtube rather than simply coming out about this at the start. It’s called digging your own grave.

If they actually forgot about a hack they installed for a game, it makes me wonder how many cheats they have done in the past, personally. That just doesn’t seem like something you forget easily, or maybe the conscience isn’t strong with that one.

And you are vastly exaggerating about the reaction over here on the official forums in this thread. Even on reddit I was seeing a lot of sympathy going their way. I didn’t have much to begin with, but the non-apology just tanked whatever was there. They are no more or less human than the people they lied to.

I believe it is, especially when those cheaters attempted to tarnish the game when they were banned. The cover-up is often worse than the crime.

Indeed.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Suck at Love (Banned)

Qugi.2653

Did you watch this? File that was save from their youtube video after they make private when Gaile prove cheat. They blame every thing on Anet and also on player where they say player report everyone for bot. So they blame Anet and GW2 player for ban. All the time he knew he cheat and use hack.

https://vid.me/ngMX

Here is quote from video, “Anet did like they always do, ban innocent players to.” Then later from brother, “What the serious kitten, way to go Anet.”

With this I think brother probably one lie to sister about this and she participate in video. Feel bad for her and hope she and brother can make this up. Family more important than some game.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

“Piece of filth”
“disgusting”

@ArenaNet

I have no sympathy for cheaters, thieves and liars. None. Zilch, Zero.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

There is nothing wrong with taking pleasure in a rare visible example of Justice when a cheater gets punished. I have not one ounce of sympathy for how sad they get FOR GETTING CAUGHT.

Hey. Yeah you, cheater. We don’t just dislike you, we $&*^@#ing HATE YOU.

That’s what’s so incredibly tiresome about cheaters. It’s like they are completely oblivious to the fact that cheating isn’t just wrong, it kittenes other people off too. You’re not clever. You’re not better than everyone else ‘cause you’re breaking the rules. And to have that gall to try and rally public sympathy is such an utter disconnect with how the public actually views such shenanigans it borders on clinical narcissism.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Sober Oni.8290

Sober Oni.8290

There is nothing wrong with taking pleasure in a rare visible example of Justice when a cheater gets punished. I have not one ounce of sympathy for how sad they get FOR GETTING CAUGHT.

Hey. Yeah you, cheater. We don’t just dislike you, we $&*^@#ing HATE YOU.

That’s what’s so incredibly tiresome about cheaters. It’s like they are completely oblivious to the fact that cheating isn’t just wrong, it kittenes other people off too. You’re not clever. You’re not better than everyone else ‘cause you’re breaking the rules. And to have that gall to try and rally public sympathy is such an utter disconnect with how the public actually views such shenanigans it borders on clinical narcissism.

What’s so incredibly tiresome is how, in almost every community, everyone tends to jump on someone who makes a mistake or does something wrong like dogs on fresh meat. Yes they cheated and yes punishments were certainly in line, but seriously? They didn’t burn down an orphanage or kill their family, they botted a JP. A JP of all things.

Party one committed the unforgivable crime of botting a JP, and party two enthusiastically bombarded them with enough hate to make them talk about actually wanting to die. That’s not “justice”, that’s fanaticism. They’re a difference between being happy to see someone doing the wrong thing getting caught, and then there’s blatant sadism that, in some cases. makes you even worse.

On a somewhat related note, I bet you would make an excellent DH.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

I know Stacy, i’ve played with her and helped with some of their videos. Only met her brother at the actual videos. From what i’m getting he did something stupid and she’s being punished for it.

She is one of the most friendly and warm people i know in GW2. Go hate me all you want but i think botters deserve to be banned, and Zack clearly realised he kittened up now. His sister however is guilty by association? I don’t agree with that.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Understand something: It looks like they got a six month ban. I’m totally satisfied with it. There is a distinction made at ANet between cheating and cheating that directly harms another player. All good.

This issue many people have is that this particular cheater’s reaction to getting caught was trying to lie their way out and smear those responsible for enforcement. That shows an absolutely REPUGNANT nature and utter lack of integrity. You can apologize all you want: you’ve revealed your character and it is trash. This may come as a shock, but people who have integrity don’t have a lot of patience with those who don’t. If this is your first experience with that treat it as a valuable lesson in social skills. When you willfully cheat, you lose you pity privileges. When you lie and connive to cover it up you push yourself a lot further down the human slime curve.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Aidenwolf.5964

I know Stacy, i’ve played with her and helped with some of their videos. Only met her brother at the actual videos. From what i’m getting he did something stupid and she’s being punished for it.

She is one of the most friendly and warm people i know in GW2. Go hate me all you want but i think botters deserve to be banned, and Zack clearly realised he kittened up now. His sister however is guilty by association? I don’t agree with that.

Anet mentioned one violation that doesn’t mean they don’t have more ammo. She swears she did nothing wrong, so did he though, until evidence was shown.

They have made mistakes before but given those two are somewhat known I believe they made sure first then banned.

PugLife SoloQ

Suck at Love (Banned)

Fox.3469

Anet mentioned one violation that doesn’t mean they don’t have more ammo. She swears she did nothing wrong, so did he though, until evidence was shown.

They have made mistakes before but given those two are somewhat known I believe they made sure first then banned.

Then lay down the evidence, be open about it. There was 1 account caught on teleporting around the map, yet there were 2 accounts banned. I know this person and until you prove to me that there was something wrong with her account specificly, i will not believe it. Living in the same house as someone who cheated is not a crime.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Just a flesh wound.3589

/shrug.

There’s nothing that says friendly, warm people can’t download and use a hack. Someone I know, who is a nice person, knowingly took advantage of an exploit in another game and was banned. People tend to think of cheating in a video game as not real cheating since it’s a game inside a computer and cheating/hacking doesn’t actually hurt anyone else.

She might be innocent or she might not. However Gaile came right out and said that account had done something only possible through a hack, and in a case like this I’m going to believe someone with access to what really happened, and who doesn’t need to save face.

ANet may give it to you.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Fox.3469

/shrug.

There’s nothing that says friendly, warm people can’t download and use a hack. Someone I know, who is a nice person, knowingly took advantage of an exploit in another game and was banned. People tend to think of cheating in a video game as not real cheating since it’s a game inside a computer and cheating/hacking doesn’t actually hurt anyone else.

She might be innocent or she might not. However Gaile came right out and said that account had done something only possible through a hack, and in a case like this I’m going to believe someone with access to what really happened, and who doesn’t need to save face.

That was about her brother’s account, there are 2 people 2 accounts, both got banned because 1 of them kittened up, i do not agree with this.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

“We won’t be releasing anymore songs that we have been working on!”

Well something good came from this then LOL

Suck at Love (Banned)

Just a flesh wound.3589

/shrug.

That was about her brother’s account, there are 2 people 2 accounts, both got banned because 1 of them kittened up, i do not agree with this.

Twitter post by Shazbawt (link is on page one of this thread)
Content creators aren’t immune to the rules everyone else has to follow by. Just double-checked, this will stand.

This was posted after the video came out and is about that video. Both were on the video saying they were unfairly banned. Now, you can believe that Shazbawt only bothered to double check one account but not the other but when he says, in reference to that video, that he double checked and this will stand, I think it’s reasonable to think he checked both people’s accounts.

ANet may give it to you.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Fox.3469

You are speaking of “this account” while the fact of the matter is you banned 2 people’s accounts here, care to clear that up? Did both cheat or was 1 just found guilty by living in the same house?

Suck at Love (Banned)

Fox.3469

/shrug.

Content creators aren’t immune to the rules everyone else has to follow by. Just double-checked, this will stand.

This was posted after the video came out and is about that video. Both were on the video saying they were unfairly banned. Now, you can believe that Shazbawt only bothered to double check one account but not the other but when he says, in reference to that video, that he double checked and this will stand, I think it’s reasonable to think he checked both people’s accounts.

And i’m sorry but gaile gray in this topic only gave the reasons for 1 of them. You would think she would have checked both accounts aswell, but she didn’t, or she held back information. I have no idea why she would do that, so in posting only the info about 1 account, i’m assuming she just checked that account. I want to know why the other was banned.

Suck at Love (Banned)

laokoko.7403

You are speaking of “this account” while the fact of the matter is you banned 2 people’s accounts here, care to clear that up? Did both cheat or was 1 just found guilty by living in the same house?

What if I tell you I botted on 1 account I don’t care, and sent the money to my main account.

Should my main account get banned?

I’m not saying Suck at Love deserved to be banned, I’m saying it is common practice to ban people sharing ip/mac address/credit card with botters. That’s what every mmorpg company is doing.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Just a flesh wound.3589

/shrug.

And i’m sorry but gaile gray in this topic only gave the reasons for 1 of them. You would think she would have checked both accounts aswell, but she didn’t, or she held back information. I have no idea why she would do that, so in posting only the info about 1 account, i’m assuming she just checked that account. I want to know why the other was banned.

They may not answer you as you don’t have the right to know. ANet normally doesn’t discuss this sort of thing with people who aren’t directly involved. They have openly commented because the 2 of them were directly and publicly accusing ANet of falsely suspending them, and ANet rebutted the accusation. However this doesn’t mean that they will answer some random forum person who wants to know more.

At this point it is between her and support. If she is truly innocent she needs to make a ticket and work with ANet about it and make her argument and I doubt ANet will make any more public announcements concerning this.

ANet may give it to you.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Fox.3469

/shrug.

They may not answer you as you don’t have the right to know. ANet normally doesn’t discuss this sort of thing with people who aren’t directly involved. They have openly commented because the 2 of them were directly and publicly accusing ANet of falsely suspending them, and ANet rebutted the accusation. However this doesn’t mean that they will answer some random forum person who wants to know more.

At this point it is between her and support. If she is truly innocent she needs to make a ticket and work with ANet about it and make her argument and I doubt ANet will make any more public announcements concerning this.

All i want to know, is if they checked both accounts. And if they did, why they went public with only 1. You cannot react like this with only half a statement. Either they both are guilty, or only one of them is, it’s that simple. Zack destroyed his own reputation and he will pay for it, however his sister is still, until proven guilty, someone who has nothing to do with this. But her reputation is destroyed aswell. These are public figures in your community, and i’m all for banning people that actually cheat. But since Stacy is still a fairly well known content creator, if she didn’t do anything, she is being unfairly treated.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

/shrug.

All i want to know, is if they checked both accounts. And if they did, why they went public with only 1. You cannot react like this with only half a statement. Either they both are guilty, or only one of them is, it’s that simple. Zack destroyed his own reputation and he will pay for it, however his sister is still, until proven guilty, someone who has nothing to do with this. But her reputation is destroyed aswell. These are public figures in your community, and i’m all for banning people that actually cheat. But since Stacy is still a fairly well known content creator, if she didn’t do anything, she is being unfairly treated.

They will if Zack puts in a ticket. Given Zack’s public admittance to using illegal programs, ANet’s not likely to come out and say if they’ve checked his account or not. Even if Zack puts in a ticket.

The sister likely got checked since it was her account that was referenced in this post.

And what does her being a content creator have anything to do with the situation? It shouldn’t matter if she was a content creator or not. Content creators should not get treated any different than those who just play the game.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Fox.3469

/shrug.

They will if Zack puts in a ticket. Given Zack’s public admittance to using illegal programs, ANet’s not likely to come out and say if they’ve checked his account or not. Even if Zack puts in a ticket.

The sister likely got checked since it was her account that was referenced in this post.

And what does her being a content creator have anything to do with the situation? It shouldn’t matter if she was a content creator or not. Content creators should not get treated any different than those who just play the game.

Where does it say it was her account that was checked?

Suck at Love (Banned)

Just a flesh wound.3589

/shrug.

You know, she could be innocent of actually doing anything and her account still be guilty. Her brother admitted to as little as he could get away with but its not impossible to think he did use the hack in both accounts and got mastery points/hero points on both accounts. Of course this means she knew of it afterwards at the very least, but it still would show up as her account hacking even if she wasn’t the actual hacker.

ANet may give it to you.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

well if i they got banned and anet has facts to back it up then i agree that this fools really were using a bot. Never liked there songs, they QQ alot on it and there voice aren’t good either. At the end of the day, no on really cares, we all move on, a second not wasted. Them saying there clean is the same as saying as OJ is not a double homicide murderer, the facts are all there……o wait OJ won that….but we all know he did it. #logic

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

Suck at Love (Banned)

Fox.3469

/shrug.

You know, she could be innocent of actually doing anything and her account still be guilty. Her brother admitted to as little as he could get away with but its not impossible to think he did use the hack in both accounts and got mastery points/hero points on both accounts. Of course this means she knew of it afterwards at the very least, but it still would show up as her account hacking even if she wasn’t the actual hacker.

That’s different, then she let someone else have acces to her account and is responsible for what he did with it.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

/shrug.

This post right here in this thread by Gaile: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suck-at-Love-Banned/5899797

As of that point, no one in the thread had even mentioned her brother at all. So the probability that the post linked is about anyone other than Suck at Love is slim.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Fox.3469

ok let me be perfectly clear, Arenanet reacted to this topic, it is specificly because they reacted, and their reaction implies Suck at Love not only are cheats but also liars, that this needs to be adressed. If both accounts cheated, then they both deserved to be banned. If one account cheated then 1 deserves to be banned, and since Arenanet implies in this topic specificly that the bans are justified, even tough only stating why one of the accounts was banned, but by reacting to this, kind of giving the idea both people involved here are cheats and liars, that person also deserves to be cleared of the stamp of liar and cheat.

If they had not reacted to this topic, then there would be no issue, but since they did they may have done harm to an innocent content creator’s reputation. Wich is then guilty by association. I just want a clear answer, did they both cheat, or not.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Fox.3469

/shrug.

This post right here in this thread by Gaile: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suck-at-Love-Banned/5899797

As of that point, no one in the thread had even mentioned her brother at all. So the probability that the post linked is about anyone other than Suck at Love is slim.

Suck at love is them both. He is called Zack, she is called Stacy. Her account name or name is NOT suck at love. Suck at Love is the name of their content that they make together.

(edited by Fox.3469)

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Never heard of them.

I am glad they are banned, let it be a lesson to people.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Suck at Love (Banned)

Just a flesh wound.3589

@Fox

I think you’re grasping at straws in this whole matter because you want her to be innocent, possibly because you know her personally. However I think it’s most unlikely that ANet did not double check both accounts closely. They had to know who they were as content creators and this means that once it was publicly raised and the two of them both were accusing ANet of falsely suspending them, it’s unlikely they would only double check one account and not the other. Especially in not checking her’s as it was her video and her doing most of the talking. Her brother only came on the video for a short while. If they were only going to double check one, it would have been her, not her brother who was the secondary person on the video.

ANet may give it to you.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

@Fox

I think you’re grasping at straws in this whole matter because you want her to be innocent, possibly because you know her personally. However I think it’s most unlikely that ANet did not double check both accounts closely. They had to know who they were as content creators and this means that once it was publicly raised and the two of them both were accusing ANet of falsely suspending them, it’s unlikely they would only double check one account and not the other. Especially in not checking her’s as it was her video and her doing most of the talking. Her brother only came on the video for a short while. If they were only going to double check one, it would have been her, not her brother who was the secondary person on the video.

When her brother came into the video it was pretty obvious he was reading from a script. He didn’t come off as being sincere and seemed more like he didn’t even want to be in the video.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Fox.3469

then they have to be clear about it, if you react to a video like this as a developper either you react clearly or you don’t react at all, you don’t leave it somewhere in speculation

Suck at Love (Banned)

Just a flesh wound.3589

@Fox

When her brother came into the video it was pretty obvious he was reading from a script. He didn’t come off as being sincere and seemed more like he didn’t even want to be in the video.

Yah I noticed that and said

Yeah. That was interesting to listen to. To me, the man’s voice tones in particular sounded like faked outrage rather than sincere upset and them going on about how they’ll never play Guild Wars 2 again when/if their innocent accounts are restored sounded over the top.

His voice was especially flat toned like he was an actor reading a script, badly, that called for a lot of outrage but he was feeling none of it.

ANet may give it to you.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

then they have to be clear about it, if you react to a video like this as a developper either you react clearly or you don’t react at all, you don’t leave it somewhere in speculation

Honest question here,

How was their reaction unclear?

They say that they investigated the matter and that they temp banned those who merited it.

Where is the lack of clarity in that?