[Suggestion] The Right Time for Mounts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

This is one of those weird things that I’m not sure I understand why EITHER side is so adamant.

1) Why MUST we have mounts? It’s not like the maps in GW2 are massive. Even if you wanted to straight up run across an entire zone, you’re not looking at much more than a handful of minutes. I mean, is it a prestige thing? I don’t get why some players are so in love with them.

2) On the other hand… why are people so strongly AGAINST them? The waypoint method is superior in every way (the travel cost is a pittance). Mounts would be barely more than a silly vanity item. What would it really matter?

Seems like a really weird thing to be drawing battle lines over. I mean, as often as this topic comes up, we could mount every person who wants one on the dead horses that have been beaten over it.

1) People like having mounts, cause running is tedious, and mounts usually increase run speed from 50% – 200% in games…

2) People are against it because the more time ANet spends designing mounts, is less time they fix the already broken stuff with the game. Especially stuff that has been broken since release.

Speed boost is something the developers have decided needs to be in balance class to class.

Some classes have greater opportunities to increase speed..than others.

This will be completely undone by mounts that increase speed even temporarilly.

The devs want players to pick a utility that grants speed boost so that they have to swap something else out. This is how Anet wants it.

Mounts with any kind of speed boost would be unbalancing.

The ONLY way i could see mounts In this game is with 3 conditions…

1. Either they are totally cosmetic, or they take a utility slot that mimics the speed boost of a skill that class already has.

2. They can be toggled off when I log In so i need Not see them.

3. They do not make the character riding the Mount even if I don’t see the Mount ..Look weird. No " floating around in seated position with their feet off the ground."

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

There are often contested areas and you have to walk for several minutes across the maps (take the Modniir Ulgoth Event chain for example). I run a Guardian and do not have a permanent speed boost. Yes, I could swap my Sword/Focus, GS combo for a Staff for the speed symbol. But really. I don’t want to do this every time, cuz the Staff is not my weapon of choice. Now I have to rely on the two shouts that give me together around 30s speed buffs and wait for 30s for cooldown… It just sucks, that’s why I want a mount (aside from other stuff like: collecting, prestige, style etc.)

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

No mounts are needed and I am increasingly confused by the constant insistence on them for a game that has smallish maps and waypoints.

+1

I’m less confused and more irritated though. I really wish the moderators would consolidate all of these threads into one and enforce it.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Two of the issues that come up repeatedly are:

Class imbalance on speed boosts
Walking across the map is boring

And yeah, both of those are right. Someone brought up earlier that, in some cases, it’s a build decision to get swiftness, so it should at least cost something to get that benefit.

So, why not have a general utility ability, like the anti-Toxin healing skill? The particulars can be sorted out by mathematics, but basically, the thought goes as follows:

The utility (maybe even elite?) gives a buff that grants the 25% movement bonus for a set duration, unaffected by boon duration. Say.. 20 seconds. The same skill grants 20 seconds of swiftness, affected by boon duration as normal. The cooldown is, predictably, 20 seconds. So it’s not a “sit on your horse and passively move awesomely faster,” it actually requires the player to stay engaged and actually invest in the usage of it. And probably have the 25% bonus fall off if the character takes damage, maybe.
It would give us something to do with those excess skill points, too.

There’d be things to iron out, of course. PvP, not so much, since they can just lock the skill out of it. WvW might get sticky, but it’s not much different from having a bunch of spec’d warriors running around in the same way. Still, that’s something to plan around and decide if the devs want it to work in WvW. It’s still vaguely balanced by the usage of a utility/elite slot.

It actually wouldn’t be so inappropriate from lore, if pitched the right way. If the Zephyrites can use their sun crystals to dash quickly, why not make it a sun crystal skill? It’d actually be pretty cool to sunbeam across a map!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If people still want mounts, why do I never see anyone (except me) flying the new kites? I suspect ANet pay far more attention to what people are actually doing, than saying – so lobbying on the forums is pointless, if almost nobody is bothering to use those sorts of items in the game.

Because not everyone can get it.

If Mounts were sold in the gem shop, not everyone can get it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

(edited by runeblade.7514)

Nerelith.7360

Mini-pets are ALREADY in the game….mounts are not.

So by your logic anything else that isn’t needed shouldn’t be added into game, another anti-mount genius here.

The following are not compelling:

2. I want them.

Not saying that the majority of the playerbase wants mounts but just in general if the majority of the playerbase wants something, it’s more than a compelling reason you don’t any thing else. Stupid.

ummmm

it’s more than a compelling reason you don’t any thing else. Stupid.

When one insults someone or something someone else says, its sort of shooting yourself in the foot, when your grammar or syntax is non-existent.

jus’ sayin.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

(edited by Nerelith.7360)

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i wonder, how does a mount, something that can only be used outside combat, isn’t allowed in cities and will be disabled around jumping puzzles, be in any way unbalanced?
do you ppl even know what balance entails or is it just an attempt on an excuse?

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

mounts are coming, i can feel it.

and when it’s out, i bet the anti-mount geniuses will be getting them too

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

If they ever bring out mounts they should at least be not usable in Citys AND as soon
as you have a mount in your inventory you are not allowed to use any waypoints
at all :p

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Nerelith.7360

i wonder, how does a mount, something that can only be used outside combat, isn’t allowed in cities and will be disabled around jumping puzzles, be in any way unbalanced?
do you ppl even know what balance entails or is it just an attempt on an excuse?

it is unbalancing when it comes with any type of speed boost. This is what many want from a mount.

someone said " 50 % to 200 % speed boost" simply because other games have that.

So when speed boost is balanced …. different for different classes. A speed boost mount is unbalancing. The only way I can see it as balanced is, if the Mount occupies a utility slot, and mearly duplicates the speed boost of one of it’s abilities.

Purely cosmetic mounts is not what many pro-mount people want.

As someone once said " I want my mount to DO SOMETHING" Does that sound purely cosmetic to you?

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

I’m so glad this will never happen.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

But yeah I agree with this – no big deal either way.

I don’t disagree from a functional / vanity perspective, but how would you feel about them if they put a dozen eye-candy mounts in the game rather than build a potential expansion pack?

Resources are limited…everything Anet puts in the game takes away SOME other aspect that could have been improved, fixed or added….THAT’s why I am so anti-mount.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

There are often contested areas and you have to walk for several minutes across the maps (take the Modniir Ulgoth Event chain for example). I run a Guardian and do not have a permanent speed boost. Yes, I could swap my Sword/Focus, GS combo for a Staff for the speed symbol. But really. I don’t want to do this every time, cuz the Staff is not my weapon of choice. Now I have to rely on the two shouts that give me together around 30s speed buffs and wait for 30s for cooldown… It just sucks, that’s why I want a mount (aside from other stuff like: collecting, prestige, style etc.)

So because you’re so lazy that you don’t want to take advantage of the mechanics in place already you want Anet to take a lot of time and energy from other more important things to add something that is ultimately redundant to features already in place and that very few people actually want? Because you don’t want to switch weapons? Wich takes about 1 second?

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Please no mounts for this game. They are not needed nor wanted in most cases.

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

My (somtimes funny) thoughts about „mounts“

You would need different mounts for Asura, Humans/Sylvari, Norn, Charr.

Imagine…
- the huge, bulky mounts you would need for Norn and Charr (→ the cities filled with animals that are as big as Dolyaks? Urgh).
- a huge, bulky mount running past/over you (especially when you are a little Asura).
- a huge, bulky mount that runs fast without looking ridiculous (T-Rex?).
- 50 people, who are waiting for a world boss and all are sitting on a mount.
- a zerg with 50+ people (Charr and Norn) in wvw → are the towers/keeps insured against damage from earthquakes?

Some more thoughts concerning Charr, Asura and Sylvari…
- I think a Charr feels more comfortable to run on all fours, than using a mount.
- You (as a Charr) have to find an animal which would accept a furry beast with fangs on its back. Try to get on it with your big claws/talons without hurting it and than try to find a comfortable position for your tail (→ maybe you could use the tail as a whip?).
- Imagine a Charr on a mount like their motorcycles (which would make sense). I think they would look horrible, if too much of them are driving through the beautiful landscape. Imagine them driving through Queensdale or Caledon. Urgh.

- Imagine an Asura, who would trust his/her live to a creature with inferior intelligence. They already have golems (which are slow), so there is no need for more robots, which can be used as mounts. If they want to travel fast, they’ll use portals and waypoints.

- The nature loving Sylvari using other living creatures as mounts? That’s a bit weird.

Sorry, but I just can’t imagine how mounts could be a part of Tyria.

sorudo.9054

it is unbalancing when it comes with any type of speed boost. This is what many want from a mount.

So when speed boost is balanced …. different for different classes. A speed boost mount is unbalancing. The only way I can see it as balanced is, if the Mount occupies a utility slot, and mearly duplicates the speed boost of one of it’s abilities.

As someone once said " I want my mount to DO SOMETHING" Does that sound purely cosmetic to you?

but why does it unbalance anything, all you say is that it gives someone the ability to move faster but if everyone has a mount then it’s still balanced.
i never asked what a mount does, i asked why is a mount unbalanced.
and before you use the utility excuse again, everyone can use the mount without using a utility slot, no one, not even you or i has any advantage above anyone.

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

It is never a good time for mounts.

That needs to be the new giff for mount threads, and I will shamelessly steal it, just like last night I shamelessly ran stole my daughter’s bubble bath

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Could always add mounts as actual units for combat. Think about it…

Aquatic combat can be a tad bit borked. If they add mounted combat instead so you had several types of mounts you could ride under or ontop of the water, engagements would be limited by the skills the mount uses vs the stats and skills of each profession.

How about aerial combat? If the devs could implement tactical, engaging and balanced aerial combat via mounts, that could turn a whole new page in the evolution of WvW.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Nope I’ll take my money elsewhere. I don’t want to have to see more screen clutter and I don’t want to be forced to use them because of a speed boost.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

2) On the other hand… why are people so strongly AGAINST them? The waypoint method is superior in every way (the travel cost is a pittance). Mounts would be barely more than a silly vanity item. What would it really matter?

Because, if you read closely, the people that want them do not want them to be just a vanity item.
And the moment they start to confer some (any) sort of advantage, they stop being a choice.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

chuckle

Ahhh, just as I said in this thread

After that it escalates to “we want more functionality” “we want to battle” etc etc.

So I will say it again: If they give an inch, players are going to demand a mile. My point has been made… yet again…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Laniya.9520

Laniya.9520

Guys, mounts are FUN…..thats all there is to it. If you don’t want one, don’t have one. But for those of us who do want one, why the argument? I agree with the comment about mini pets. They serve no purpose except they are fun. Just like changing the clothes and colors. Thats what games are supposed to be…Fun. I would love one, or two or three……

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

That happening would not invalidate the arguments against them. Astralporing sums up why nicely.

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

but why does it unbalance anything, all you say is that it gives someone the ability to move faster but if everyone has a mount then it’s still balanced.
and before you use the utility excuse again, everyone can use the mount without using a utility slot, no one, not even you or i has any advantage above anyone.

Because not every profession gets a speed boost or motility buff, and they are in fact designed to NOT have them.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Because not every profession gets a speed boost or motility buff, and they are in fact designed to NOT have them.

But is that a good design decision? It’s obviously not a PvE balancing issue, since there’s no reason not to give everyone a traveling skill.

So if it’s a PvP/WvW issue, work around those parameters and be done with it.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

No.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

runeblade.7514

chuckle

After that it escalates to “we want more functionality” “we want to battle” etc etc.

So I will say it again: If they give an inch, players are going to demand a mile. My point has been made… yet again…

The new kites gave 5% boost. That is somewhere above an inch. Where are the people using the kites?

You are wrong.

runeblade.7514

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Booster

Only in PvE. I would assume that Mounts will only work in PvE like toys do.

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

mounts thread number 8092348257? lolno.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

chuckle

The new kites gave 5% boost. That is somewhere above an inch. Where are the people using the kites?

You are wrong.

I think Lanfear was talking about all the “crazy” (had another word typed, but don’t want the infraction) ideas that start sprouting about how mounts could be used in the game to completely change it into some other game.

Tyrian Aquatic Jousting Simulator World Tour
#idontwantthisgametobelikeyouroldgame

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

I just had an idea for LS 3.
Anet make mounts, remove waypoints and asura gates, make one single resurrection point in our home instance – race lock home instances and then let an elder dragon corrupt all mounts. oh, the mayhem!

On topic: There is enough problems in the game as it is, adding mounts would not help in any way, just create more problems.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

sorudo.9054

and where is your prove that they are not designed to run a bit faster, better yet, what part makes them unbalanced?
in PvE a speed buff is almost essential to get to places fast enough, in sPvP it has no place regardless of profession, i can’t judge about WvW because i don’t know how essential it is out there.

the end result about mounts is simple, it’s not about if it’s needed or not, it’s about if ppl want it and there is a clear amount of players that do want them.
if you don’t want them, don’t use them but don’t demand a stop on something you don’t like, that’s just selfish.
i don’t like scepters and focuses on any profession but you don’t see me demanding Anet to remove them, they can use an improvement across the board but if i don’t like them, i just don’t use them.

fellyn.5083

and where is your prove that they are not designed to run a bit faster, better yet, what part makes them unbalanced?
in PvE a speed buff is almost essential to get to places fast enough, in sPvP it has no place regardless of profession, i can’t judge about WvW because i don’t know how essential it is out there.

the end result about mounts is simple, it’s not about if it’s needed or not, it’s about if ppl want it and there is a clear amount of players that do want them.
if you don’t want them, don’t use them but don’t demand a stop on something you don’t like, that’s just selfish.
i don’t like scepters and focuses on any profession but you don’t see me demanding Anet to remove them, they can use an improvement across the board but if i don’t like them, i just don’t use them.

Clear amount of people? Yes. An extremely small amount of people who post on the forums. And even on then the amount of opposing people to the idea still outnumbers those that do want them.

The amount of people who want mounts are an extremely small minority.

There is currently no good reason why the game needs mounts other than you want them.

runeblade.7514

This is one of those weird things that I’m not sure I understand why EITHER side is so adamant.

1) Why MUST we have mounts? It’s not like the maps in GW2 are massive. Even if you wanted to straight up run across an entire zone, you’re not looking at much more than a handful of minutes. I mean, is it a prestige thing? I don’t get why some players are so in love with them.

Seems like a really weird thing to be drawing battle lines over. I mean, as often as this topic comes up, we could mount every person who wants one on the dead horses that have been beaten over it.

1) People like having mounts, cause running is tedious, and mounts usually increase run speed from 50% – 200% in games…

2) People are against it because the more time ANet spends designing mounts, is less time they fix the already broken stuff with the game. Especially stuff that has been broken since release.

Speed boost is something the developers have decided needs to be in balance class to class.

Some classes have greater opportunities to increase speed..than others.

This will be completely undone by mounts that increase speed even temporarilly.

The devs want players to pick a utility that grants speed boost so that they have to swap something else out. This is how Anet wants it.

Mounts with any kind of speed boost would be unbalancing.

The ONLY way i could see mounts In this game is with 3 conditions…

1. Either they are totally cosmetic, or they take a utility slot that mimics the speed boost of a skill that class already has.

2. They can be toggled off when I log In so i need Not see them.

3. They do not make the character riding the Mount even if I don’t see the Mount ..Look weird. No " floating around in seated position with their feet off the ground."

1. Nah, Doesn’t need a utility slot.
2. I wish I can toggle out Fractal Capacitor, Scarlet blades, and every single backpiece. I wish I can toggle out disgusting looking legendaries. But they won’t. Why should they censor out mounts then?

runeblade.7514

Clear amount of people? Yes. An extremely small amount of people who post on the forums. And even on then the amount of opposing people to the idea still outnumbers those that do want them.

There is currently no good reason why the game needs mounts other than you want them.

Wrong. The amount of people who don’t want mounts are an extremely small minority. You have no proof of this.

fellyn.5083

Wrong. The amount of people who don’t want mounts are an extremely small minority. You have no proof of this.

All the proof I need is the fact that it’s not talked about. At all. Other than by a very small amount of people here on the forum. And I’m not specifically talking about in game. There’s been no news articles or reviews or anything or the sort calling Anet out on the lack of mounts.

The only thing google finds about mounts in GW2 is similar threads as this one, again with very little support for the idea, on other forums (and this one) that all follow the same course this thread has taken. And of course this is going back to the start of the game. Meaning support for the idea is still not strong.

Couple that with the fact that this thread has maybe 3 or 4 people posting in it that actually want mounts and there you have it. With 2 to 3 times that saying it’s not needed or wanted.

If it was such a demanded feature more people would be here requesting it, or just talking about it. But hardly anyone is.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

runeblade.7514

All the proof I need is the fact that it’s not talked about. At all. Other than by a very small amount of people here on the forum.

I’ve been playing the game since the betas and never once have I seen people say this game would be so much better if it had mounts.

Couple that with the fact that this thread has maybe 3 or 4 people posting in it that actually want mounts and there you have it. With 2 to 3 times that saying it’s not needed or wanted.

If it was such a demanded feature more people would be here requesting it.

I’ve been playing the game since the betas and I always see threads saying the game will be better with mounts.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Taimi already solving the issue with Mordremorth getting to the waypoints anyway? o.O

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Taimi already solving the issue with Mordremorth getting to the waypoints anyway? o.O

taimi will fail and we will have to splash gems/cash at the game to save her ala mounts

Posted by: Godzzila.3752

Godzzila.3752

Mounts would be cool.
I don’t know why are people so against it, I don’t really see where adding mounts would ruin anything and/or be so kittenome people make it believe. If anything it would just be another gemshop item for cosmetic porposes…

Posted by: Leo.2641

Leo.2641

I WANT mount, I don’t care what you want or need. Anet says “play how you want to play” whenever mount come because they will come and they will CREATE revenue guess what I going to get the mount because that is what I WANT, and if YOU don’t want it then DON’T get it. capiche

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

No mounts are needed and I am increasingly confused by the constant insistence on them for a game that has smallish maps and waypoints.

A butterfly farted somewhere … that’s a good reason for mounts I heard.

Mounts would be cool.
I don’t know why are people so against it, I don’t really see where adding mounts would ruin anything and/or be so kittenome people make it believe. If anything it would just be another gemshop item for cosmetic porposes…

\

Because realistic people know just how much time and resources this would take away from other content that is more relevant to the game. Mounts are a MUCH more complex feature than you can imagine. It’s not just some skin you add. It’s not about how awesome it would be or anything like that; it’s about if it fits the story, has some significant purpose AND if there is ROI for doing it.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Leo.2641

Mounts would be cool.

\

Because realistic people know just how much time and resources this would take away from other content that is more relevant to the game. Mounts are a MUCH more complex feature than you can imagine. It’s not just some skin you add.

so what you are saying that anet spent years to make guild wars 2 and the map are smaller than guild wars 1 which I agreed with. Also saying that the mounts are too COMPLEX for anet to handle so we come to the conclusion that anet is a failure of what they do. that is what YOU are saying.

(edited by Leo.2641)

Godzzila.3752

Mounts would be cool.

\

Because realistic people know just how much time and resources this would take away from other content that is more relevant to the game. Mounts are a MUCH more complex feature than you can imagine. It’s not just some skin you add. It’s not about how awesome it would be or anything like that; it’s about if it fits the story, has some significant purpose AND if there is ROI for doing it.

No, mounts are not that much complex. If anything they would be giving you maybe a 20% speed boost that wouldn’t stack with any other speed boost. And “fit the story”? As if everything added to the game actually “fits”!

Chickenado: doesn’t fit.
Those children-like backpacks / hats of little animals and stuff: doesn’t fit.
The Riding Broom: doesn’t fit…

So at what point was “fitting in the history” a requirement for anything to be added in this game?

Also most of the mounts would end up just being mobs that are already out there, requiring not that much of a time.

Nerelith.7360

In this game, we have temporary speed boost. And the developers decided that some professions have better access to speed Boost that others. They decided that some professions can do faster speed boost, or do it more often.

That is what Gw2 is.

To give everyone a universal non-utility speed boost that is exactly the same for all, and lasts the same time for all, undoes the balancing work the devs have put into each speed boost in each profession.

They also want that if you WANT the speed boost you need to either use a specific offhand weapon…..or…a specific utility. Which obviously means swapping out another weapon or utility that may be better in combat. This is kind of obvious.

If ALL professions Now get a speed boost that lasts equally, and for the same amount of time, without either being tied to their off-hand, or the utility slot, that undoes the work the devs put Into tieing speed boost to either the offhand skill, or the utility skill.

THIS is the Game we are playing as it is envisioned by the developers.

You wish this game to be another game. You don’t wish to play the game that the developers provide. It seems to me that you dislike the game that the developers are providing, but whether you like it or not… this is the game the developers are providing.

If a speed boost mount is a deal breaker for you, all I can suggest is maybe playing another game that has speed boost mounts?

Imagine the following. I believe everyone should be able to buy a stealth generator. it will provide anyone that buys it with 6 to 8 seconds of stealth, and have a 25 second cooldown. it will not occupy a utility slot. Anyone that has the cash should be able to buy it and use it.

Now. There are professions that have stealth, there are professions that do not.

Would this stealth generator be balanced? Since everyone can have it? How does this affect professions whose uniqueness derives from being able to stealth? mesmers? Thieves?

Would they say " hey..I don’t care if you take one of My skills that makes me different, for which I have to either equip specific weapons or utility slots, and give it to everyone…after all..now everyone can stealth just as Long as everyone else… it’s Not unbalancing at all."

Good Luck with that.

I believe you don’t Understand the concept of class balance.

PS: It seems to me that many people that want speed boost mounts are not interested in a discussion. Reasons are given for players objections, and they simply repeat over and over either.

1. I don’t understand that reason….

or…

2. That is not true….

then they just repeat how cool it would be. People can repeat and re-explain over and over and over. And these players will just say …

1. I don’t understand that reason….

or…

2. That is not true….

This seems to me to be the forum equivalent of * plugs her ears and says * " la la la la la la la laaaaa I can’t hear youuuuuuu!!!!!"

(edited by Nerelith.7360)

Godzzila.3752

In this game, we have temporary speed boost. And the developers decided that some professions have better access to speed Boost that others. They decided that some professions can do faster speed boost, or do it more often.

That is what Gw2 is.

To give everyone a universal non-utility speed boost that is exactly the same for all, and lasts the same time for all, undoes the balancing work the devs have put into each speed boost in each profession.

They also want that if you WANT the speed boost you need to either use a specific offhand weapon…..or…a specific utility. Which obviously means swapping out another weapon or utility that may be better in combat. This is kind of obvious.

If ALL professions Now get a speed boost that lasts equally, and for the same amount of time, without either being tied to their off-hand, or the utility slot, that undoes the work the devs put Into tieing speed boost to either the offhand skill, or the utility skill.

You wish this game to be another game. You don’t wish to play the game that the developers provide. It seems to me that you dislike the game that the developers are providing, but whether you like it or not… this is the game the developers are providing.

If a speed boost mount is a deal breaker for you, all I can suggest is maybe playing another game that has speed boost mounts?

???
What would that unbalance? Just add a mount that you cant attack while using and that can’t be used in pvp. Only for map exploration porposes…
Plus I’m pretty sure there was not any kind of balancing between speed boosts from class to class.

Leo.2641

That is what Gw2 is.

So what you are saving is to remove all player opinion base content? could of sworn this was a community fan base game. or has it turn to a political stance?

fellyn.5083

Mounts would be cool.

\

Because realistic people know just how much time and resources this would take away from other content that is more relevant to the game. Mounts are a MUCH more complex feature than you can imagine. It’s not just some skin you add.

so what you are saying that anet spent years to make guild wars 2 and the map are smaller than guild wars 1 which I agreed with. Also saying that the mounts are too COMPLEX for anet to handle so we come to the conclusion that anet is a failure of what they do. that is what YOU are saying.

Obtena did not say Anet was a failure for not adding mounts to the game. Just that there are other things that are more important and relevant to the game. Anet adding a full blown mount system to the game ala WoW would take tons of dev time away from other things.

Besides that, if Anet were to ever add mounts to the game you can kitten well bet it will be in an expansion. That’s a feature you advertise to sell an expansion not something you put out there in a mini update. You can be 100% sure of that.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I must admit I find the idea of mounts being a utility skill interesting.

Nerelith.7360

That is what Gw2 is.

So what you are saving is to remove all player opinion base content? could of sworn this was a community fan base game. or has it turn to a political stance?

Not at all. But you need to accept just because you have an opinion about speed boost mounts and your desires for them, doesn’t mean I don’t get to tell you why I feel that your desires are bad for this game.

I have never said you shouldn’t say " I want speed boost mounts"

My only problem is when players give a multitude of reasons why speed boost mounts are a bad idea and those that want them simply repeat over and over. either

1. I don’t understand.

or

2. I disagree.

especially when they do not engage, they just say " But I want it. and I should have it. Give me reasons why I shouldn’t have it." that they then ignore.

Here is the ONLY reason those that do not want speed boost NEED.

" We are content with the developer’s current and consistent choice to not provide mounts"