Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

According to Colin Johanson, Guild Wars 2 Game Director, Super Adventure Box will be back in the future. We don’t have a timeframe for the return of the SAB, but we will be bringing back this popular content.

I know you would like more details, more info, a date, etc., but that’s not available right now. I hope the above comment reassures you, though, because at the core, the important answer is that yes, SAB will be back in the future.

Why cant you just open it up perm? Or let moto keep his merchant up at all times? How hard is it, or would it break you economy ……. even tho many feel it already is broken with 1k gold + pres… (you know its only a legendary, should take game play, not wallet to get).

PS. Read Signature.

SAB or RIOT

(edited by Faux.1937)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

It could have been a joke, Ian. It’s ok, it’s a given that not everyone will agree with any given opinion.

No worries!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I actually would be quite happy just to be able to go into SAB whenever I chose to play the existing worlds. Just having that switch throw so I could access what’s already there would make me happy.

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the notice!!!

*yaaaay!!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

According to Colin Johanson, Guild Wars 2 Game Director, Super Adventure Box will be back in the future. We don’t have a timeframe for the return of the SAB, but we will be bringing back this popular content.

I know you would like more details, more info, a date, etc., but that’s not available right now. I hope the above comment reassures you, though, because at the core, the important answer is that yes, SAB will be back in the future.

-happy dance while playing Sunny Glade music-

Zaxares.5419

^ Be nice. :P This increased communication is exactly why Gaile got shifted to her new role. Don’t be snarky when this is exactly what we asked for.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I LOVE YOU AND COLIN JOHANSON!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!

<(^-^)> HUGS

MY SAB! MINE MINE MINE AGAIN! MUAHAHAH!!!!

Posted by: Destram.8651

Destram.8651

I’m not quite sure why some of you are freaking out over this ‘revelation’. I think most of us knew SAB would come back, that wasn’t really the concern, the concern is WHEN will it be back, saying “yeah it will be back” is nice and all, but that could mean it’s on a hiatus for 6 months, a year, or more. That’s the concern here, just how long are we looking? Obviously Gaile doesn’t have the answer so it’s sort of a redundant or rhetorical question at this point. Personally i feel it should have already been back during this whole living story break, it would have fit in perfectly. My gut says we won’t see it for months and months, which is saddening to say the least.

Edit: I forgot to mention, i’m thankful for the information you can give us Gaile, i know that it’s all you can give so you’re not at fault here, you’re doing what you can and i appreciate it.

(edited by Destram.8651)

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

I hope the above comment reassures you,

It really doesn’t.

Because “the future” isn’t saying anything of consequence. It could be 3 months or 30 years.

I thought the communication thread had changed things, but you guys are still playing the same kitten game with us all. Nothing can truly change until you stop leaving us in the dark.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I hope the above comment reassures you,

It really doesn’t.

Because “the future” isn’t saying anything of consequence. It could be 3 months or 30 years.

I thought the communication thread had changed things, but you guys are still playing the same kitten game with us all. Nothing can truly change until you stop leaving us in the dark.

Well, if people bought more Gems, they could afford to turn the lights back on . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Well, if people bought more Gems, they could afford to turn the lights back on . . .

Maybe people would buy more gems if SAB were active and the SAB items were brought back.

Maybe one day ANet will realize how stupid their information blackout policy is.

Maybe one day pigs will fly of their own accord without the use of man made devices or strange combinations with avian creatures.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Maybe people would buy more gems if SAB were active and the SAB items were brought back.

I really doubt it.

Maybe one day pigs will fly of their own accord without the use of man made devices or strange combinations with avian creatures.

Define “fly” . . . is that throwing it at the ground and missing? Because I can totally have that happen.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I’m not quite sure why some of you are freaking out over this ‘revelation’. I think most of us knew SAB would come back, that wasn’t really the concern, the concern is WHEN will it be back, saying “yeah it will be back” is nice and all, but that could mean it’s on a hiatus for 6 months, a year, or more. That’s the concern here, just how long are we looking? Obviously Gaile doesn’t have the answer so it’s sort of a redundant or rhetorical question at this point. Personally i feel it should have already been back during this whole living story break, it would have fit in perfectly. My gut says we won’t see it for months and months, which is saddening to say the least.

Edit: I forgot to mention, i’m thankful for the information you can give us Gaile, i know that it’s all you can give so you’re not at fault here, you’re doing what you can and i appreciate it.

I understand what you mean. ANet have a bad history of “at some point in the future”. However, ever since the precursor scavenger hunt, because they didn’t deliver, they’ve been treating players as idiot trolls who can’t understand “sorry, we have our reasons” and instead opted for complete silence.

Gaile has acknowledged that this isn’t the full information we want (and I do think that more information would be a good idea, at least an explanation as to why they won’t just turn W1 and W2 back on) but has given us as much as possible at the moment. It isn’t much, but it’s a HUGE step up from what we’ve had for a year and a half.

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I don’t quite understand your train of thought. You don’t want it, so therefore it shouldn’t return, however no one is forcing you to play the SAB. So instead of letting the people who want to play it, play it, you decide to rally against something that would have literally no effect on you or your life. I don’t understand. Anyone against the SAB, please, tell me why. You have zero obligation to play the SAB, and it has zero effect on you. I can’t think of a single good reason anyone would be against bringing it back permanently.

Maybe because we would prefer the developers to spend their time, money, and resources on something else, such as, say, actually continuing to flesh out the real game, instead of on an unrelated game-within-a-game.

Posted by: Too BaD.3941

Too BaD.3941

i played SAB and i would say i’m not the biggest fan of it. yet it being there gives you a good change of pace if you’re bored of the dungeons or fractals grinding. and based on the SAB fan base i think it should be perma open and whenever the devs feel like its time to update it and add more content to it then they do so. so everyone is happy that way

Posted by: LordHogFred.3691

LordHogFred.3691

Firstly, I don’t want to pretend I talk for the whole community and I would never assume everyone wants SAB back.
From my perspective however, this is all that I was looking for. I’m not going to go on about how the whole “we can’t talk about that” stance as that’s old and I’m sure ANet are fully aware.
However, it’s nice to see an example of what should be done. All that was needed was confirmation that SAB (or any other content for that matter) is identified as valuable and viable content that will, at some point, be revisited. People will normally be quick to assume the worst and this sort of response helps make that “worst case scenario” a lot less worse.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Thank you for the official reply Gaile, it is appreciated.

I must admit i am not happy to hear that SAB does not have a time frame, but it is good to know that Arena Net does intend to bring it back at some point. I just hope that Arena Net does not bring it back for a small one time event but brings about permanent access.

A handful of people may not like it, but when it comes down to it some people hate roleplay, some people hate PvP, some people hate dungeons and so on. Their is content that even as a fan I dislike in Guild Wars 2, but I would not dream of depriving others just because of my personal preference.

Edit -

Maybe because we would prefer the developers to spend their time, money, and resources on something else…

You have no right to deny people what they want no more than they do for you. I wish they would not waste money on the teen melodrama called the living story, but some people like it and they deserve to have it to continue. You play an MMO Arshay with people who have varying personalities and desires, learn to compromise as not everything made will be to your taste.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

(edited by Aedelric.1287)

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Meh, there’s gotta be one in every bunch, eh?

If you’re serious, and I can’t really tell, I’d just say that every bit of news is viewed subjectively, based on its appeal to the player in question. I like buffs to Rangers — make them almiiiighty! — and you say, “No, leave them alone, handle [this other profession].” That’s ok, it’s the way things are and probably, in time, we’ll both get what we desire.

If you’re not excited about SAB, that’s ok. It’s not required playing and to each his/her own!

Yes in jest . And yes I know I don’t have to play it.
And if you want to buff my ranger—go for it please.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Now can we move on to the more important issue of the lack of bunny ears/sun glasses in the gem store?

You know the thing that would take no effort, wouldn’t move resources away from content that doesn’t remove us from the gameplay/environments/lore that we bought the game for and would actually earn you money?

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Any chance of getting world 1 and 2 to become permanent? I’m all for adding new content, but the timegating of previous, released and polished worlds is very sad to me and to all those that have bought and supported SAB with their purchases (infinity coin?).

World 1 and 2 playing alone would be more than enough to bring me back to the game. The idea behind gating it isn’t sound, not having SAB out will not make me do other content such as WvW or dungeons, it will just make me not log in and move on. Variety is one of the things that makes this game fun. When you take that away, and force us to play content, it just loses its novelty.

TL:DR, please make World 1 and 2 of SAB permanent, there is no reason to hide it away, if anything, lock it to new players until they reach lvl 50 or something.

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

Unless they fix the WTF difficulty they decided to go with, the SAB can stay gone. Throw the skins up for tickets and let it be. World 1 was a great simple fun distraction. World 2 made playing concert piano an easier feat.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Personally, I dislike Super Adventure Box, and would prefer it not take up too many dev resources.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Actually, Gaile, as I’ve already stated that I’m really happy with this communication I hope this will come across as an extra question not as “I’m still not satisfied”. Could you give us any word on us just getting worlds 1 and 2 back permanently? It’ll be great if and when W3 comes out, but I think most of us would be satisfied (and very happy) with the content that already exists for the medium term.

Posted by: Maraca Kabob.3564

Maraca Kabob.3564

TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY!!!!!!
I think it should definitely be back permanently!

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

our frustration at this situation has always been that SAB is in the realm of Soon™ when it isnt here… i, for one, have always had confidence that it will return, but will it be soon or will it be Soon™? and everything you guys say means Soon™… “not during living story,” “not for the feature patch,” etc.

i get it that you cant tell us when, you cant tell us if its being worked on or not, you cant even confirm that there will be a world 3… but now everyone has a wardrobe with about 50 locked SAB skins staring us in the face and you guys have the switch that will at least let us replay the old content, and youre refusing to flip it under any circumstance except When It’s Ready™.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I love SAB, I had much fun, especially world 2 because it was hell hard! Guildies and I competed against one another, and we raced in tribulation mode, we fell too many times and raged, but then we mastered that content and it became a piece of cake, as everything else in game, just needed more practice.

Every now and then I drop by SAB entrance, miss it so much.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: tanf.8917

tanf.8917

“in the future”…. “we can’t say when right now”…..

Goodbye SAB ;_;

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Great news Gail thanks. I add my voice to keeping it permanent. No reason why keg brawl for eg should be and sab not so.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Yay! SAB is coming back. That confirmation alone makes me happy. ^^

For now…

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

I learned that lesson a long time ago. I’m honestly curious as to the legitimate reasons behind people who are entirely opposed to the SAB though.

I personally didn’t really care for it. I wouldn’t say it was badly designed or uninteresting, it was just missing that “something” that would make me enjoy it. I would rather them put more resources into more regular things than SAB. I wouldn’t really have a problem with them just reactivating already existing stuff though.

But I think if they did turn it back on permanently in a month or two people would be screaming about future SAB updates and when’s the next part of it coming out.

Aedelric.1287

I would rather them put more resources into more regular things than SAB.

I would rather they drop everything and work only on SAB, Arena Net can not cater to both our extremes.

Personally I think it a good idea if they release SAB with each WvW tournament, it would help fill the gap between living story and feature packs and give PvE players something to do.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

You know there are some great platformers out there…

Aedelric.1287

Irrelevant, if you want to play another game then feel free.

SAB is more than just a simple GW2 jumping puzzle, it is an adventure and a relaxing alternative to GW2 without actually having to stop playing, quite genius actually.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I highly recommend “I Want To Be The Guy: The Movie: The Game”.

Or if that’s not quite your cup of tea? “Prinny: Dood, Can I Really Be The Hero?”.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Thank you for a statement that does not scream non-committal from the get go. With this there is no room for interpretation. Although a time frame would have been nice, I have waited for over a year already so for now this will do.

Leave it at this for another year though and we’re going to have trust issues going forward.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

How many gems would you pay for…

Access to a restricted instance of Super Adventure Box?

Personally, I hated SAB. I am curious if anet could make some money off of you people by selling access to it with gems.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I have the Infinite Continue Coin and demand access to it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Paying gems to access content that was already available is like paying a company to sell you tap water bottled from your mains water supply.

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

I have the Infinite Continue Coin and demand access to it.

Yeah, for them to ask for gems for permanent access after selling us the coin for gems already would be a pretty sketchy think to do.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

Paying gems to access content that was already available is like paying a company to sell you tap water bottled from your mains water supply.

People have been shown to do that to very famous soft drink that things go better with …

So a tried and tested marketing method .

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Some decent selling bottled water options on the market are filtered municipal water supply.

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

While I still think it’s stupid to have to pay for something that should have remained free in the first place I would still buy it because I think it’s even more ridiculous to never play SAB again just to prove a point in a video game. If anything paying for it would be a good thing and would possibly convince them to develop more SAB if the sales were successful which is worth it to me. I’d say about 800-2000 gems would be fair since it’s a whole game mode.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

(edited by Aguri.2896)

Zaxares.5419

I’d be fine with a compromise.

1. SAB comes back repeatedly for special occasions. All players can access it at this time with no restrictions.

2. During down periods, players who have purchased an Infinite Lives Coin can continue to enter SAB whenever they want. They can also bring other players into SAB; like the LS2, players who do not have the Coin cannot make progress on achievements or gain loot.

Ideally though I’d like it if SAB became permanent content and everybody can access it at any time. I bought the Infinite Coin purely because I wanted to support SAB, and because I knew I’d need it for Tribulation Mode. :P

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

SAB date or riot !!!
:>

Valento.9852

I don’t care about Infinite Continue Coin… I just miss the content.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I like buffs to Rangers — make them almiiiighty! — and you say, “No, leave them alone, handle [this other profession].”

And in the distance, from the long forgotten dregs of the Engineer forums, faint whispers of the word “Hobosack” can be heard…

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Please sell the existing super adventure box in Trading Post and accessible from home instance only for personal account. I will purchase it for gem

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Valento.9852

Please sell the existing super adventure box in Trading Post and accessible from home instance only for personal account. I will purchase it for gem

I doubt they’d sell that, and it doesn’t feel right, it’s an asura thingy! It’s well-placed in Rata Sum.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I wonder if I should believe you or not.
For the sake of the love I had for the GW franchise, I’ll reluctantly allow myself to be hopeful.
I’d be very happy if I could play SAB again… but… I don’t know.
… green skins for my thief? Is that even a dream come true?

inb4 release of SAB 1-2 years from now when I won’t be playing anymore

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Please inform Colin that all gem purchases are delayed until Soon™, which will be in “the future” and “we don’t have a timeframe”.

In my specific case: Soon™ will also include Fractal Reset compensation.
(no, I have not forgotten)

Gaile, I seriously don’t understand the management in your company.

Attachments: