in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

SAB armor skins… drool shorts out keyboard

Super Adventure Box [merged]

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

They should at least refund the people who bought infinite continue coins, many with real money. Selling people a product as reusable, for real money, and then making it unusable for the following sixteen months (and counting) is just not okay.

Therodin.2970

It would be like if someone sold us a car that could only drive on roads but he also owned every road in town and then two weeks later he removed all of his roads.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

That’s going to be the announcement at PAX South:

Super Adventure Box #3!!!!!

:P

Therodin.2970

I would be overjoyed if heart of thorns was just the name of world three super adventure box xD

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

It is an expansion, but the entire expansion is actually SAB

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Therodin.2970

6 more sab world, 3 more sab classes, revamped sab story line

Posted by: Bunnikk.2146

Bunnikk.2146

Since we have an undetermined length of non-Living Story ahead, Anet can you please plug the box back in?

[RAWR] Monsters of Tyria
Monster of choice – Kitsune
Megaserver formerly known as Blackgate

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

SAB ARMOR SKINS

and plz bring back the SAB ninja mini pet

Posted by: rhael.6317

rhael.6317

We’ve got plenty of time between now and expac, with no more living story. It’s CLEARLY the appropriate time for SAB World 3.

Why wait? Announce it now and the legion of #OccupySAB shall be mollified, if not grumpy at the way-lateness.

Leafy Lemon of Unrepentant [Uey]
Stormbluff Isle Megaserver, PvX, US
www.unrepentantgaming.com

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Yeah, overall I more interested in SAB returning as well. HoT could be months (or years) away, and honestly until it’s in front of me I won’t dare to hype it up. Also it was interesting that no one has brought up question of what ever happened to Polymock for GW2.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

HoT could be months (or years) away, and honestly until it’s in front of me I won’t dare to hype it up.

Try 6 weeks as Mike said.

Posted by: Vrita.7846

Vrita.7846

Honestly, I agree that this would be a good time to plug the box back in, even if it’s only world 1 and 2. I miss SAB, a lot of people miss SAB, and with the release of the xpac being a little whiles away, grinding away at Silverwastes is not going to be enough content for the long wait we’ll have to endure.

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

HoT could be months (or years) away, and honestly until it’s in front of me I won’t dare to hype it up.

It’ being demoed at PAX east in 6 weeks. Also how quickly we forget about the Zhaitan fight (which is still lame). So again till I have my hands on the game, not even getting out of my low expectations mode.

caveman.5840

plug the box back in

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

Yeah, overall I more interested in SAB returning as well. HoT could be months (or years) away, and honestly until it’s in front of me I won’t dare to hype it up. Also it was interesting that no one has brought up question of what ever happened to Polymock for GW2.

Polymock, and all other minigames in-game that aren’t available yet, most likely were cancelled altogether.

And I’m with you. Everything hints towards the expansion coming out in about 6 months. If players have to wait this long with nothing to do in-game, the hype train is going to crash.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I’m gonna say what someone else said what would’ve been cool:

“If the SAB music played at the end of the trailer with a black screen….”

I garunteed if that happen, the roar would’ve been deafening.

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

If I have to guess, we didn’t get SAB in the last 1,5 year because Josh was working on the two new zones, also since we’ll be getting “new ways to explore” (aka gliding) I guess they want to include that to world 3 as well.
I think it would be cool to experience the new mechanic in SAB before they release HoT it could also work as an open beta test

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

If I have to guess, we didn’t get SAB in the last 1,5 year because Josh was working on the two new zones, also since we’ll be getting “new ways to explore” (aka gliding) I guess they want to include that to world 3 as well.
I think it would be cool to experience the new mechanic in SAB before they release HoT it could also work as an open beta test

I think they said hang-gliding would be in the HOT zones. As far as I know the SAB is not a HOT zone? So why you have leapt to the conclusion that they have held off the SAB so they can put hang gliding in I have no idea.

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

Demo’d dude, demo’d. Not released, launched, beta’d or available. If you go to PAX you get to try it out for 10 minutes.

caveman.5840

super adventure box…………… please

EDIT: with ninja mini pet .

Attachments:

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

I am really disappointed that they did not say anything about SAB. It will be more than 2 years without SAB if it won’t return before HoT.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

So, while we wait for HoT it’s likely SAB will make a comeback?

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

I was immensely disappointed following that interview, but after stumbling upon this thread, I’ve lit up like a Christmas tree. Perhaps between now and the expansion release, we might even see another SAB release…perhaps…another April Fools release date?

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Now that Season 2 of the Living Story has capped off, Super Adventure Box would be a wonderful feature to bring back while we wait for Heart of Thorns! Not to mention, all the new players who just bought the game during the recent $10 sale will likely get a kick out of it.

Valento.9852

Now that Season 2 of the Living Story has capped off, Super Adventure Box would be a wonderful feature to bring back while we wait for Heart of Thorns! Not to mention, all the new players who just bought the game during the recent $10 sale will likely get a kick out of it.

Or be scared by it. I personally LOVE SAB, no kidding it’s my favorite content in GW2 and I miss it very much (I LOVED W2 tribulation mode, had lots of rage and cheers along with friends/guildies), but I can see how others may perceive this as game-breaking, or an unworthy content. That’s why I wanted this to be permanently in-game, so they wouldn’t make it available as a “content patch” for others to rage at ANet that this isn’t actual content (for them) since it would be already in-game permanent content.

I’ve bought Infinite Continue Coin myself (I’m not trying to enforce I’m entitled to it because I bought this item), and I would buy a home instance SAB Entrance Portal “gift”, even if access was limited to entrance tickets (obviously gained inside SAB). Wildstar had portals to dungeons/raids in players’ sky homes, maybe this is an opportunity to follow along that same idea and increase home instance’s usefulness?

In any case, I think they might bring SAB between now and expansion release. I’m looking forward to that.

@Edit
And for God’s sake. Don’t tone down Tribulation Mode difficulty. Seriously, ArenaNet, this is not needed. There are normal and INFANTILE modes which speak for themselves. Follow same pattern you did for World 2, SAB Tribulation must make justice to its name. #kthxbai

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

(edited by Valento.9852)

Posted by: tanf.8917

tanf.8917

Please bring back SAB ;__;

Valento.9852

Please bring back SAB ;__;

Soon™ they will!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

I would LOVE to see SAB season 3 back before they release HoT.

But its unlikely to happen considering that the same team is busy developing new crazy jungle maps….

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Valento.9852

I would LOVE to see SAB season 3 back before they release HoT.

But its unlikely to happen considering that the same team is busy developing new crazy jungle maps….

Well, their game will fail if they don’t release any content until xpac.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

They did not release any expansion date. That means it might be anything between 2 weeks and 6 months….

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Anet could probably make a good amount of money if they just decide to have permanent entrance contracts, where, for 1000 gems each, you can enter super adventure box, queens pavilion, wintersday, etc etc. That way they make money, people play when they want. Win win. Why are we not funding this?

Posted by: AirimirOfGondor.9081

AirimirOfGondor.9081

Problem Identified:
People who purchased the Infinite Continue Coin (“ICC”) were only able to use it for, at most, just under 1 month (if they bought it on day 1) back at the start of Fall in 2013 (cite below). That was over 1 year and 4 months ago (as of time of writing 1/31/15).

Solution Proposed:
Click the ICC to take you into the Super Adventure Box lobby, with the ability to play from there. Like the Home Portal Stone(“HPS”).

Pros:
Makes ICC useable for the first time in 1 year and 4 months.
Allow people to access content related to their money/gem store purchase.
No harm/impact to players without the item/not interested in SAB.
No one ever enters the SAB while forgetting to bring the ICC.
New revenue on an old item (see “cons” below).

Cons:
New functionality means players might have bought it but did not way back then.
Sub-solution: Re-release the ICC on the gem store. Fixes this problem and produces new revenue from an old item.

Obstacles:
Will need to apply similar code to the HPS, placing players in the start of the SAB. Work expected to be minimal.

Cite:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/super-items-in-the-gem-store/ (9/3/13; Introducing the ICC)
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/grisly-items-in-the-gem-store/ (9/24/13; saying ICC will be gone soon)
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/release-notes-for-twilight-assault/ (10/1/13; introducing the next release “Twilight Assault”)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Continue_Coin (ICC description)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Home_Portal_Stone (Already-existing item with desired effect)

Please let me know if I have overlooked something about this idea. I believe the impact on those not interested in the SAB is nearly nonexistent or minimal at the very least. If you like the idea, please show support and maybe it can become a reality. Thank you.

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

You are starting to give me nostalgia for the super adventure box. I like the idea of the ICC transporting you directly to the SAB. Maybe to generate additional money you can buy an upgrade for the ICC to do that? This would allow more money to be generated without taking up extra inventory space with two different items.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

This… this suggestion… falls in the 0.0001% of good suggestions.

Thought about it and can’t see how this is a bad thing in any way.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

AirimirOfGondor.9081

You are starting to give me nostalgia for the super adventure box. I like the idea of the ICC transporting you directly to the SAB. Maybe to generate additional money you can buy an upgrade for the ICC to do that? This would allow more money to be generated without taking up extra inventory space with two different items.

I like your idea, but the problem I have identified is that, for the past 1 year and 4 months, the ICC has been absolutely incapable of doing anything other than waste a bank/inventory space.

My solution is for the coding end of the game to add a new function to the already-existing item. New money would come from new sales of the ICC. It would be the same ICC, but with a new function. Resale would make it available to new players who are now interested now that it does a new thing, and that is how they would get more money.

It wouldn’t take up any more inventory space, and besides, the last thing you would want to do to those dedicated people…

…who have waited so patiently sitting on their ICC’s they paid for a year and 4 months ago…

…would be to force them to “buy it again to make it function.”

That is why I suggested my idea the way I did.

AirimirOfGondor.9081

I thought about it very carefully and I really wanted to make sure it wouldn’t intrude on anyone who doesn’t like SAB/the idea of SAB. I know there are people out there who don’t want to see the SAB for various reasons, but I don’t think this suggestion would infringe on their desires much if at all. I’m really glad you like it.

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

They would not have to buy the item again. They would still have their originally purchased item, but now have a chance to upgrade the item. New players can still buy the original highly useful item. They will also have a chance to upgrade that item for increased functionality.

The people using the infinite continue coin have a high chance of playing SAB more frequently. They will then have the strongest desire to quickly transport directly to the SAB for easy access. This can also help create a sense of progression to have the ultimate coin.

AirimirOfGondor.9081

They would not have to buy the item again. They would still have their originally purchased item, but now have a chance to upgrade the item. New players can still buy the original highly useful item. They will also have a chance to upgrade that item for increased functionality.

The people using the infinite continue coin have a high chance of playing SAB more frequently. They will then have the strongest desire to quickly transport directly to the SAB for easy access. This can also help create a sense of progression to have the ultimate coin.

In your suggestion, what would players who choose not to upgrade the ICC do?

In what way is it…

highly useful

…to them? They have not been able to use it for 1 year and 4 months. Before that, at most, they were able to use it only for about 30 days.

The problem identified is that the ICC has been absolutely useless for too long now.

And I see no reason why people should have to spend even more to make it do anything at all after so long.

That is the problem I have identified, and that is why I suggest it the way I do.

(edited by AirimirOfGondor.9081)

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

This is the best suggestion I have seen on the forums in a long time.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I like your idea, but the problem I have identified is that, for the past 1 year and 4 months, the ICC has been absolutely incapable of doing anything other than waste a bank/inventory space.

My solution is for the coding end of the game to add a new function to the already-existing item. New money would come from new sales of the ICC. It would be the same ICC, but with a new function. Resale would make it available to new players who are now interested now that it does a new thing, and that is how they would get more money.

It wouldn’t take up any more inventory space, and besides, the last thing you would want to do to those dedicated people…

…who have waited so patiently sitting on their ICC’s they paid for a year and 4 months ago…

This relies on Anet being willing to remove resources dedicated to HoT and set them on some…. craptastic joke content that has been stated multiple times that while they would like to bring it back, it is at the absolute BOTTOM of the list of priorities, so much to the point that it deserves less attention than a bugfix meant to fix sounds for a class’s skills.

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

This relies on Anet being willing to remove resources dedicated to HoT and set them on some…. craptastic joke content that has been stated multiple times that while they would like to bring it back, it is at the absolute BOTTOM of the list of priorities, so much to the point that it deserves less attention than a bugfix meant to fix sounds for a class’s skills.

You basically made all of that up based on your own personal bias towards content that has nothing to do with you.
I can’t believe you are so petty as to complain about people wanting access to already existing content they paid for.

This thread isn’t even asking for more content at all, just access to content that already exists.

Additionally the last official word, this month, is that SAB WILL return. So you better bite that bullet since your going to be mortally offended when it happens.

AirimirOfGondor.9081

I agree with you that they should not take people off of HoT to do this.

It is a gemstore item, so they would probably have someone from the gemstore team work on it.

Maybe it would be good for them to have the person who made the Home Portal Stone work on this. They’re also the person most familiar with how the Home Portal Stone works, and since this is basically a call to put that code into the ICC (just with a different destination point) I think that person could do it and do it pretty quickly.

Especially since HoT is the “project behind the scenes” they said they had people working on all this time, I don’t think this would be diverting any valuable HoT-related resources. It is probably something the gemstore person who made the Home Portal Stone could whip together pretty quickly since they already wrote code just like it for that item.

I think we all agree that HoT is the most important thing they are working on right now, but to those who spent money on an item 1 year and 4 months ago, I think it would be fair to ask that a gemstore-staff member take a moment to make item A (the ICC) more like item B (the HPS) so they can use that item for the first time in 1 year and 4 months. I think that is a reasonable thing to want and that this is a reasonable way to go about it.

AirimirOfGondor.9081

You basically made all of that up based on your own personal bias towards content that has nothing to do with you.
I can’t believe you are so petty as to complain about people wanting access to already existing content they paid for.

This thread isn’t even asking for more content at all, just access to content that already exists.

Additionally the last official word, this month, is that SAB WILL return. So you better bite that bullet since your going to be mortally offended when it happens.

While it is clear that this is one of the people who does not like the SAB, and they are entitled to their opinion, I think their concern was just that this might divert people off of working on HoT. Based on my understanding, Anet isn’t structured in a way where that is likely to be the case. See my reply above.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Additionally, it also relies on SAB even being IN the game right now, just not accessible. Like all other content that came and went, it isnt there anymore. That means if it’s not even in the game, it needs to be added back into the game, which isnt as simple as people think.

And monkey, they’ve said that repeatedly in the past. That doesnt change the fact that basically everything else has higher priority than SAB. Saying they want it to return != it WILL return.

AirimirOfGondor.9081

Additionally, it also relies on SAB even being IN the game right now, just not accessible. Like all other content that came and went, it isnt there anymore. That means if it’s not even in the game, it needs to be added back into the game, which isnt as simple as people think.

And monkey, they’ve said that repeatedly in the past. That doesnt change the fact that basically everything else has higher priority than SAB. Saying they want it to return != it WILL return.

I think that when they made the SAB they made it like a holiday, in the sense that Halloween and Wintersday are holidays.

From a coding standpoint, if that assumption is true, then they would basically need to “toggle” the content to “on.”

They would not need to make any more levels, or design anything new, or come up with any new ideas. They would just need to, figuratively speaking, “turn it back on.”

Especially since everything that happens in the SAB happens outside of any normal play areas, this does not mean they would be changing any towns or anything. Although I would imagine the “Wintersday mode” versions of towns are something they pretty much turn on/off with a few “false” flags being changed to “true” flags.

In any event, they don’t need to recreate the lobby or the worlds players play in. They already made all of those. They just need some active way to get there (right now people only don’t get in because Moto has the door in Rata Sum closed/inactive instead of open/active).

So I don’t think it would be any kind of grand undertaking at all. I think it’s a very modest and reasonable request.

And I’d be willing to bet that lots of people who paid the money a year and 4 months ago would be happy to see their ICC do something other than stare back out at them from some pane in their bank, especially if it only takes a few “false” words being changed to “true” and/or copy-pasting what the Home Portal Stone does to make that happen.

thefantasticg.3984

This is the best suggestion I have seen on the forums in a long time.

I concur.

I would even buy the ICC off the gemstore if it was available teleported me straight to SAB… Hell, my brother might even come back to the game if this was brought into existance since he left because they said SAB would never come back and SAB was his most favorite activity in the game.

This needs to stay on the front page until it happens.

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

I never tried the SAB, and I don’t own the ICC.

I’m absolutely in favour of AirimirOfGondor’s idea. I think that since you guys purchased the coin, you should be able to access the SAB.

The idea seems totally reasonable and I can’t see this as taking away huge amounts of time from HoT, especially since OP is not asking for new worlds, he’s just asking access to already existing content.

EDIT: since the thread was merged, I’ll quote the message I’m talking about

Problem Identified:
People who purchased the Infinite Continue Coin (“ICC”) were only able to use it for, at most, just under 1 month (if they bought it on day 1) back at the start of Fall in 2013 (cite below). That was over 1 year and 4 months ago (as of time of writing 1/31/15).

Solution Proposed:
Click the ICC to take you into the Super Adventure Box lobby, with the ability to play from there. Like the Home Portal Stone(“HPS”).

Pros:
Makes ICC useable for the first time in 1 year and 4 months.
Allow people to access content related to their money/gem store purchase.
No harm/impact to players without the item/not interested in SAB.
No one ever enters the SAB while forgetting to bring the ICC.
New revenue on an old item (see “cons” below).

Cons:
New functionality means players might have bought it but did not way back then.
Sub-solution: Re-release the ICC on the gem store. Fixes this problem and produces new revenue from an old item.

Obstacles:
Will need to apply similar code to the HPS, placing players in the start of the SAB. Work expected to be minimal.

Cite:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/super-items-in-the-gem-store/ (9/3/13; Introducing the ICC)
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/grisly-items-in-the-gem-store/ (9/24/13; saying ICC will be gone soon)
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/release-notes-for-twilight-assault/ (10/1/13; introducing the next release “Twilight Assault”)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Continue_Coin (ICC description)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Home_Portal_Stone (Already-existing item with desired effect)

Please let me know if I have overlooked something about this idea. I believe the impact on those not interested in the SAB is nearly nonexistent or minimal at the very least. If you like the idea, please show support and maybe it can become a reality. Thank you.

(edited by Maxwell.7843)

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

While this sounds like a great suggestion, it is not.

You are asking anet to start charging you to play a game mode that was previously completely free to access. I know the OP has continue coins laying around and wants to use them, but getting SAB back for free is the way to do it.

Kind of surprised they don’t bring it back out during lulls in LS. Maybe they were finding people actually liked it more than the actual game and swept it under the rug.

thefantasticg.3984

No… Reread the OP. This is for something that was some people ALREADY PURCHASED. This isn’t a “Buy it a 2nd Time to Access Content” thing. He’s also suggesting put it in the Gemstore as a FIRST TIME PURCHASE (which it would be for me). That way it can be accessed, through purchases already made, when the SAB is not “free” for the general public.

EDIT: Great. Now that it’s merged into MegaTopic it’ll get lost with all the noise.. That’s just effin’ great.

(edited by thefantasticg.3984)